Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #1  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Default "you dont even know what you cant do yet"

I was working out with my trainer last week and overheard the only other trainer there with their client. The client was a bit whiney and said they couldnt do some exercise or another.

The trainer replied: "you dont even know what you cant do yet".

I love it!!

It really reminded me that so many times in my life when I feel like I have run out of strength, the well runs much deeper than I could have even conceived.

So I wanted to share the quote with you all - because many times on this weight loss path I have thought I didnt have the strength to try any other options, that I couldnt learn any more than I knew, that I couldnt walk one more mile or go one more day without inhaling ice cream....and I did. I made it one more day on plan, I tried one more new workout, I reached out once more for support...and if I can find that strength, so can you. It is within all of us.

Lets keep pushing ourselves, finding new barriers, and then breaking thru those too!
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

love it!

cathe friedrich says: you can do anything for one minute!
and those pulses feel like eternity, but we get through it.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

So true! Great quote!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #4  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Yes! Just today I was thinking how I really didn't want to go to the gym because I had a headache and was tired. Once I got into it no more headache. I felt great afterwards too.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #5  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

So true, xty. It is so easy to just make excuses, and lose focus. Having that determination and knowing that we can do more than we thought we could do, if we just push ourselves that extra step.

I did a one month intensive Muay Thai kickboxing training camp a few years ago. I was in Thailand and I was up every morning at 6am, boxing twice a day and working out in the gym. I never thought I could do all of what I did in one month. I think that 'we' have to be our own trainers if we don't have one already, because if we don't motivate ourselves (intrinsic motivation), then no one else will. You can read about my experience on my blog btway . Thanks for the reminder, xty.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh, I love it too! I had my moment this morning. I faced the squat machine where I've been successfully lifting 20 reps 3 sets. I thought today I want to increase the weight and drop the reps to 12, but I was afraid. Afraid of what? I didn't even know what I couldn't do. And I succeeded!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #7  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

That's going on my vision board - thanks for taking the time to share!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #8  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

My Bootcamp trainer has been with me since January and when I am struggling to give it 110% he reminds me of our very first class.

He gives me a High Five after class and tells me "Your an athlete now!"
I have never ever been an athlete till this year and I love it.

I spent a year walking my neighborhood and track alone. I started with walking for 30 minutes 3 days a week and last month I ran 44 miles, took bootcamp class 3 times each week and some kickboxing classes. I am addicted to the burn and I honestly never dreamed it was possible.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote