Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 02:15 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Oodles of Moo-oodles

I simply can't bring myself to participate in page 4. Nope, not gonna do it. YPMV (Your Pagination May Vary) How do you like my Subject line? Different anyway

Another cold crisp sunny fall day here. The only lasting result of the blizzard we had on Saturday is that the mountain is covered in snow.

DH took the day off from work cover the boat and has spent the entire day so far on the computer.

Later kids

Kiwi
Old 10-30-2002, 05:36 PM   #2  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Imhere back from the beach and I want heatd seats. I just want a hottt seat!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:05 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, the beach sounds like a very cooooooold idea! I got in the car just a little while ago and the thermometer read "ICE". I think it's just mocking me.

K.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:52 PM   #4  
Miss. Brat

Beach was sunny but cold. It was 22* here this morning at home and probably be be;ow 20* in the morning. I do not like to be cold. My treadmill is in the garageroom. It is too cold out there. Geesh gotta stop eatting! D
Old 10-31-2002, 04:19 AM   #5  
fatter than U

Thumbs down BOO!

Happy Halloween, Pumpkinbutts!

Eat lotsa M&Ms!!

What should I dress up as? Please place your vote:

Actually, in this uncivilized part of the world they don't even really celebrate Halloween. It's slowly creeping over, though, which is bringing complaints about the "Americanization" of Europe. And I say "So what???" I *like* Americanization. Should only take another year or so before I can get mint M&Ms and cheese grits.

Hey Brattie! Freezing our butts off here.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:43 PM   #6  

The swimsuit lady says my suits are ready. I'm afraid to look! I'm going to shop for a huuuuuge cover up today.

Has anybody heard of Curves for Women? There's a new one opening here and I'm seriously thinking of joining. I think it would probably be less intimidating than the local gym. It's always really crowded and lots of buff body building types work out there (at the gym). Gotta do something. Do you realize that Thanksgiving is coming (for us Yanks) and then it's Christmas and eggnog and fudge, then it's New Years w/ drinks and snackys?? I've never started the eating season w/ this much blubber. I shudder to think how I could end up.

DH still loves me fat, though. He wants to buy me a new wedding ringIt's so different when you're already married and all you can think of is what else you could spend the money on. Kinda like when they send you flowers and you know you'll get the VISA bill next month for them.

Hope you all have lots of little ghosts and goblins at your house. Nobody ever walks down the long dark driveway to trick or treat us. Of course I still buy candy just in case.

PS Sugar, I vote for because it's the opposite of the real, sweet, you.

Last edited by Wabby; 10-31-2002 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:42 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Default OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CRP!!!! I had such a nice post, just whisked away from me for no good reason.

Sugar, you know you're an . With a -ish side. Although the would scare more small children. I found the most adorable song for you. Play "Long Ways Away" on this page

Wabbit, I think you should light up your driveway and entice all the little hobgoblins to your house. I would love to do that, but there are no houses for 2 miles on either side of ours and nobody would show up no matter what we did. Usually we go to a friend's house in town get in the Halloween spirit, and DD goes trick-or-treating with friends. But all our real-life friends moved away and DD is too old to even want to go trick-or-treating so we are staying home and being boring. She did dress up for school. A friend of hers came over at 6 am and they made up their faces as ghouls. They had fixed black costume/dresses with (extremely inappropriately high) slits up the side and wore webby stockings and fishnet gloves. They got some horrible greenish/white goop on their faces plus some crystal things that they stuck all over. The effect was truly frightening. When we get pics back, I'll show everyone.

Well, I will certainly miss sharing all that candy with DD.

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!!!

Kiwi
Old 11-01-2002, 01:59 PM   #8  

Hey! the swimsuits are not bad! This is the first swimsuit that I've ever had that my chest fit into - no overflow! She actually sewed a bra type thing w/ underwires and everything into it. And she really only charged me 15 bucks! including materials & everything! I'm having her make a suit for the DD as she has a hard time finding suits to fit her too - she inherited her mother's bosom. She paid over $100 for a custom suit this spring, so this will be a real bargain.

We had a grand total of zero little trick or treaters. DH had his bowl of candy all ready, all the lights turned on, just waiting for some little ghouls and not one showed up. Poor guy. He was disappointed. They were all down at the mall. I was coming home about 4 o'clock and there was a big traffic jam going into the mall. Poor little kids, trick or treating just ain't what it used to be. You're supposed to run from house to house with all your friends, not fight the crowds and wait in lines at a shopping center.

Sugar, some Americanization is ok, but I can understand ppl wanting to keep their own culture. Sometimes it bothers me when I see the entire US looking like one big strip mall, with all the same franchise businesses.

The guys here at work were so kind to bring all their left over halloween candy in here to leave on my desk. Wasn't that thoughtful?
Old 11-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #9  
Miss. Brat

Can you tell I am happy??? DS passed his drivers test today! He got to retake it early cause ex called and complained about the that gave him the test the first time. I my Angelbaby, Daphne
Old 11-01-2002, 05:21 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

I love being so isolated from the world that the kids in town actually still go from house to house trick or treating. Well, there have to be some advantages to living in Podunk.

Yeah, I hate Strip Mall, Amerika too. It's sad when you can't tell one city from another. Unfortunately it often seems that is what our country is. But I know it really isn't -- I can go to a lot of towns in Maine and find beautiful town squares and parks, funky downtown buildings, etc. But economics being what it is, I don't know how many towns will last like that. If it's only the wealthy communities that can afford to look quaint, I suspect we'll have lost that battle entirely. Believe me, my town looks like what it is, a place where most everyone has left. Abandoned storefronts, houses with For Sale signs, horrifying tin can buildings being the only new structures. Barf.

Rant Rant Rant.

Tonight is the last home football game. DD is playing in the pep band and they have a pep band party afterward, to which they have invited the band from the opposing team. They are going to be playing together during the game. Apparently DD's band has the reputation of being really good and the other band is "all excited". I hope our kids act decently as hosts. Then there is a dance after the game. Seems someone special will be there, and DD is all smiles. hmmmmmmmmm

Kiwi
Old 11-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #11  

I'm really steamed! I bought a one of a kind gift for DH's Christmas present on e-bay in September. I've spent the last month going back and forth w/ the seller, it's a long story, but first I sent a US Postal money order to the guy in Canada, not realizing he wouldn't be able to cash it there. Then he finally mailed it back and I sent him an International money order, and when he got it, he sent me an email saying that he was sending it back because the item got broken. When I offered to buy it broken, that I would have it repaired he said that it had already been thrown away. I know that he sold it out from under me! As soon as I get my money order back, I'm going to give him a very stinky rating on ebay.

Brattie, congrats on the DS's driver's license, but being the mother of 2 driving young adults, I gotta tell you - be careful what you wish for!!!

Hey Kiwi, remember what it was like to be that young???!!! Hope DD has fun!

Happy margie night to the rest of ya cows!
Old 11-01-2002, 09:36 PM   #12  
Miss. Brat

Just did my second walk today. That makes an hour today yeah me!
Old 11-02-2002, 12:26 AM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bummer

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble, Wab. I hate when I find the perfect gift and it doesn't work out.

Congrats to Son of Brat on the license! Hope the weather's better out there for new drivers. We had a snow squall here tonight. I went to pick up DD at the school dance, and I thought I'd been transported into the Arctic! I had to drive 20 mph the whole way into town, it was snowing so hard I couldn't see 25 feet in front of me! Then it stopped completely when I got into town and was gone by the time I drove back. Very strange. Apparently it was just for my personal benefit.

I'm so impressed with your swimsuit lady, Wabbit. I can't believe you can get a custom fitted suit for $15! That is so cool. I want a couple!

Kiwi
Old 11-02-2002, 07:29 AM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default why hello fat cows

finally hallowe'en is over and i can commence my christmas display season----as kiwonkers was mentioning----crazy weather has besieged us----we had some sort of squall last night that included thunder,lightening,rain,hail and snow!!!however the ground is bare this morning----not in the northern part of the province------20cm of SNOW is on the ground!!! ---how terrible!!!!------i must read all the posts to see how everyone is doing----i know that wabby is mad at ebayman----that is AWFUL---did he have good ratings before----what a jerk!!! [ a canadian jerk,at that!!!}----and Brattie----i understand you being thrilled for your son!!! but i am like wabby----the mother of two driving teens and YIKEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! the weekends are scary!!!!!------as far as the situation here goes,,,,,everyone continues to hang out trying to assist my sister and her babes-----she says she is just "overwhelmingly sad"----kind of the same for everyone,but way worse for her-----for sure-------even though it's been ten weeks or so,it still seems unreal----i am sure this is well documented in the "stages" theory,but it sure is crappy----why can't i ever finish a post without whining???------I guess i just know that you guys are REAL friends----how lucky are we anyway!!!!!!--------sugar---that earthquake over in your part of the world has me cryin everyday----how unbelievable.okay,i will shut up now. i am off my soap box!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 08:41 PM   #15  

Default The weather report

The temperature in Puerto Vallarta was 82 degress today and not a hurricane in sight! It's been frigid here lately so it's going to be wunnnnnnerful.

Bagzie, you can whine all you want to - just wish I could do something to help. Your poor sis and kiddos - and poor Bagzie too. This has to be so hard for you all, almost unbearable I would think. So if it relieves a little stress to come here and tell us about it then good.

Brattie, thanks for walking for the both of us.

Kiwi, if you want a suit, just send me your measurements (I promise not to tell) and I'm sure she could make one up for you. If I was brave I'd send you a picture of mine with me in it, but don't hold your breath.

Well, ya-yas, I'll see you when I get back!!!
Closed Thread