Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #1  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Default Crazy weekend-good news/bad news

This weekend was nuts. We painted our kitchen and ended up eating out most of the weekend so we didn't have to cook in a kitchen that was torn apart and had paint drying. I can only guesstimate that I had about 2750 calories a day eating restaurant foods for 2 meals each day. Our kitchen looks awesome though....

Besides the diet being off plan, my scale got broken. My hubby dropped a gallon of paint on it and it was off by 8lbs after that. The good news is that I ordered a new scale and also a food scale with it! So I have no idea if I gained weight and won't know until my scale arrives. I will be stick to the lower end of my calorie allotment this week and see how things went when I get my new scale. I just hope my old scale was somewhat accurate so I things don't get too messed up. Whatever happens, happens.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

What color did you paint your kitchen? I'm sure it looks great. That is one of the first things I did when I moved into my house. It was a baby poop yellow with forest green cabinets. :P Its now a sage-grey/green walls with ivory cabinets. I still wanna just tear out the entire thing and start over but at least it doesn't hurt my eyes to be in there. lol

And painting burns alot of calories so hopefully you evened things out! I remember hurting for weeks after painting our house. ugh.

I should get a food scale. I buy frozen chicken breasts in the big bags and I always guesstimate on their size...I am probably way off!
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #3  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It's tough staying on plan when your kitchen is off limits (or any room is getting redone...talk about stressful!) But like Elizabeth said, you've burned a lot more calories painting, so maybe you stayed even.

Halloween Challenge!!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-18-2010 at 12:38 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #4  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

Make sure to drink lots of water to counter act all the sodium in take-out
That would probably make it look like you gained much more then you did!
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 PM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
What color did you paint your kitchen?
It's terracotta so like a cinnamon/clay color. My cabinets are done in a medium brown stain. It looks so much better than it did. We've had to fix so much in this house it's crazy. Our bedroom was seafoam green and pink when we moved in. Remember the 80s and all the pastels? I still have 2 rooms I'd like to paint but at least all of the really ugly stuff is finally covered.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote