100 lb. Club - Is there a certain time you weigh yourself?

ghostgirl811
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Do you weigh yourself at the same time of day everytime you weigh yourself? And do you weigh yourself daily, or once a week?

I weigh myself 3 times a day, 5:30 when i get up to go to school, around 6 pm before i take a shower and around 7 which is usually about when i get out of the shower and then i take measurements. I know it sounds crazy but i cant help it lol

Rochester
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
First thing I do in the morning (after I pee), about 3 or 4 days a week. I have to restrain myself from checking constantly. :D

stucky1987
10-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I weigh myself daily every morning before I eat. I figured it's the lightest I'm going to be during that day, so no point in watching my weight fluctuate over eating food and such. (And it can be a good start to the morning when I have weight loss :D lol)

dragonwoman64
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
recorded weigh in Friday mornings before breakfast

I weigh myself in between when I get curious, sometimes a little, sometimes more often. I don't think in general it's mentally useful and/or helpful for me to weigh myself in between. It tends to make me anxious and obsessive.

SeaWave
10-17-2010, 07:44 PM
I weight myself every morning when I get up (or when I think of it!) My weight fluctuates so much from one day to the next that if I had a light weight one week, and a heavy weight the next I'd be totally discouraged. So daily is the way to go for me!

krampus
10-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Exactly what SeaWave said. Daily right after I wake up and pee. I like to psych myself up by drinking a ton of water before I go to bed so I'll pee a lot in the morning.

AZ Sunrises
10-17-2010, 08:29 PM
In the morning, after potty time. :) I'll randomly weigh at some point in the afternoon to see where I am. If I'm holding water weight, I'll up the water intake and know I'm going to be peeing all evening.

Sunshine73
10-17-2010, 09:42 PM
I weigh myself everyday. First thing in the morning after potty time and a shower. I'm not sure that weighing everyday is the way to go but I can't seem to help myself so I just give in and do it. :dizzy:

Wild Vulpix
10-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Every day, naked, after pottying too. :)

I also weigh myself clothed at night before going to bed, but I don't record that number. I like to look at it and gamble on what I'm going to weigh in the morning. It's a game to me :lol:

CourtneyDaisey
10-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I weigh several times a day. My official weigh in day is Sunday. Every morning I wake up, strip, pee, and weigh. Sunday morning is when I record the official weight for the week though. I also weigh when I get to work, after lunch, when I get home, and again before bed. I just like to see how the foods I eat affect me throughout the day.

Obsessed? Yes, I am!

anna78
10-17-2010, 10:36 PM
I am undecided on when I weigh in. Lol I had been weighing in everyday. Last 2 weeks once a week. I am thinking of going back to everyday... lol I am so undecided about everything lately!

ValRock
10-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Every day, naked, after pottying too. :)

I also weigh myself clothed at night before going to bed, but I don't record that number. I like to look at it and gamble on what I'm going to weigh in the morning. It's a game to me :lol:

I do the same thing haha. I find it helps me stay on plan if I weigh at least every day. It's easier to slip up if that number isn't going to be staring me in the face on a daily basis. It's also helped me become familiar with all the little dips and water gains I get during the month. I chart them so I can look at see "ohhh, last month I retained water during this time too." etc. Or I can see if what I ate the day before had too much sodium or whatever and made the scale jump.

StarGetsFit
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
I weigh every morning after I pee. Sometimes I'll weigh again after I shower as the hot water can relax me and make me need to eliminate solid waste. If I do, I weigh again after. I also weigh in the nude.

WinterJinx
10-17-2010, 10:58 PM
I use to weight myself in the morning, the afternoon, and at night. (And I when I say I use to do this I mean I just stopped weighing myself so frequently like two weeks ago). It made me crazy to see my weight going up by two or three pounds as the day progressed :dizzy: And I weighed myself like this for months but it did help me to stay OP. I weigh myself every 10 days now. :o

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wm3xYFq/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wm3xYFq/)

TooManyDimples
10-18-2010, 12:02 AM
I only weight myself once a week. It's better for me to not obsess over the scale.

Rosinante
10-18-2010, 02:46 AM
I weigh after bathroom, which is after breakfast. Weighing after that only tracks the weight of stuff you've put into your body, there's no point to that.
I weigh daily, and it's really taken the edge off scales-panic!

ShellydeFlores
10-18-2010, 03:06 AM
I weigh every morning after I have gone to the bathroom and have stripped down. I don't usually weigh myself at any other time of the day although in the past when I have my weight was generally a couple ounces higher...for obvious reasons I would think.

I use to be a huge advocate of only weighing once a week or month as weighing too often can lead to obsession but I am fine now with once a day. I would encourage you to pick a time that you would prefer to weigh and do it daily--once daily. Weighing constantly throughout the day just sounds too depressing to me and exhausting. That would mess with my head and I've got enough goin' on in there to screw it up anymore.

SassyPoppet
10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Daily here - every morning after hitting the head. Strip down to the bone, no jewelry and weigh! :) I also enter my weight daily into my Fitday cause I really like seeing the graphs and reports :)

caryesings
10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Once a month. No particular day or time, just one of the days I am going to swim as I picked the scale in that locker room to be "my" scale. I don't keep a scale in my home as I want to be sure I stick to my healthy lifestyle regardless of what the scale number says on any given day.

BlueEyedWitch
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I weigh myself every morning, naked & on the same tile. LOL I know im anal.

Ky30
10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
I weigh every Saturday morning when I wake up and right after I pee. I do weigh myself before Saturdays sometimes when I get curious but I try not too.

MadameZombie
10-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I weigh myself every morning after I pee (naked!). This is the weight I record just for the sake of looking at trends but I don't really obsess over it because like a lot of people have mentioned, it can fluctuate.

I sometimes weight myself before I go to bed at night, just to see what a daily diet does to me by bedtime but again, this number can be any where from 1lb heavier to 5lbs heavier from the morning weigh in.

Saturdays are usually my "official" weigh in where I assess how I'm doing.