100 lb. Club - #173 "Standing Is Still Going"

View Full Version : #173 "Standing Is Still Going"

Jenniffer
10-30-2002, 11:51 AM
"Standing is still going."
Swahili Proverb

Many of us have been struggling, gaining a few lbs, losing a few lbs, maintaining....but were still standing. And that's what counts.

Thanks to many of the ppl here who are doing fabulous right now with their success....we are all inspired once again because of you. I feel the excitement in the group again, with another challenge starting, another Mini-Goal starting...and the holidays approaching......we are all getting ready. That is what is wonderful about this group. When one is feeling strong, achieving their goals and full of determination...they pause for a moment, either to "kick" someone into gear or maybe just pump them up. We all need cheerleaders sometimes...and there's always one here.

Let's make the end of 2002 an amazing one! Let's feel good about who we are and what we are.

Jenniffer
10-30-2002, 11:54 AM
I am on my 3rd OP day for my weekly challenge..and I am feeling alot better. Jennelle..you probably saved me from yet another week of telling myself "On Monday.....". Thank you.

I need to get my butt movin though...so cold. I am trying to figure out a way to sign up for the gym. It's the perfect thing for me. Excpet the $ part. There has to be a way.

I am meeting up with a friend I haven't seen in 3 yrs this weekend. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am.

I have to go back and read posts...

snowball1
10-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the cheer, Jennifer!!! You're right... let's end 2002 with a bang!:high: I know that I need a bit of attitude adjustment...

*sigh* I do have some "venting", "letting off some steam", or whatever to do.... The past month or so has been extremely stressful on me. I'm in university right now & that has just been taking a toll on me. I'm having such a hard, hard time keeping up in my classes. In addition, I am trying to look for a new job right now, & unfortunately, not getting too many interviews & zero offers :( Finally, to top it all off, my husband, who I love very, very much is in rehab right now for alcohol abuse :(:( He just started Monday in an outpatient program & will go inpatient tomorrow (which just also happens to be the anniversary of the day we met :(). I don't know if many of you know much about alcoholism, but I am really happy that he is in rehab & has admitted he has a problem that he needs to get help for. I grew up with alcoholic parents & relatives & I know that sobering up is a cause for celebration, but that doesn't make it any easier or any less stressful, you know. I'm sad, scared, a bit angry, & worried all at the same time. Mostly, I don't know where this is going to go in the future & that frightens the bejeebies out of me.

Okay, sorry, but I guess I just needed to get that off my chest, & you guys are the "lucky" audience. Jenniffer, I didn't mean to turn your happy post into such a downer so quickly. I love your Proverb though, & think I may have to add that to my growing list of "Sayings that Keep Kayla Going" :)

One more thing, Inca's Momma: I've been meaning to ask how your new program is going (I think it was at a bariatrics center). I haven't been around much lately, so you may have posted an update recently & I missed it, but I was just thinking of you & hoping all was going well :)

Same goes for everyone else... I really hope things are going well & I am really going to make an effort to be around more... Coming here does wonders for my soul :)

AngiKL
10-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Kayla: Will be praying for your dh - it must be an extra stressful and anxious time for you and yours. Praying about your job too.

We have turned a major corner in the adoption process. For the past several months, although we were applying for the adoption, we were also in fertility treatments. I have endometriosis, and the treatments were very painful. I hated them. Then the disappointment at the end of each month as it became the beginning of another month (Day 28 becomes Day 1 on the temperature chart).

Anyway, visits to the fertility doc were all yucky, and everything with adoption is all Happy!

So, 4.5 pounds down and 27 more to go in order to bring this baby home! It's quite a motivator. And I have to say that I was totally waffling before I signed on with you guys - this daily accountability and group-enthusiasm is what I needed to JUST DO IT!

Angi

Jenniffer
10-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Kayla..Never a reason to apologize. Life is life you know. And we all have things we need to talk about...even if it's just to release it. I like what you said "Comng here is good for my soul". I think we all feel that way. Alcoholism severly runs in my family. I have more relatives that are alcoholics than aren't. Happily, over time, many of them have seeked help and are in recovery. I am so proud of each of them. It is a long road, and everything you're feeling right now should be expected. The good thing is, he knows there is a problem. As you know that is the #1 obstacle. And now he is getting help. I know that you're busy with everything going on in you're life right now. But this is important...you may want to check out one of those support groups in your area. The treatment center could probably help you with that. Or at least, check some books out of the library. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers. You seem to be a very strong woman, who I respect alot.

Angi...I didn't realize you had been going through fertility treatments. Maybe I did, I won't lie. But I don't remember. I know the agony, believe me. But I am so so happy that everything is working out with the adoption process. I never in my life heard of anything about a certain weight though. I find that interesting. What a motivator. Is there a specific child that you are adopting? I am sorry..I've been out of the loop...if you can't tell.

Wasn't Derby adopting a baby this month? I haven't heard from her. I have to hunt her down too!!

muelledk
10-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Jennifer, that is quite an uplifting post! Thank you very much for those words.

Kayla, Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I too, have come from an alcoholic household, but I do remember how much better things could be with sobriety.

Angi, I'm glad to hear that the adoption process is going so well for you. Keep that motivation up, and I'm glad that we are all here for you to help out.

Me, I'm really struggling. I cannot seem to get back on plan, and in all honesty, I haven't really been trying. I am now the same weight that I was when I got married and only 8# more than when I got pregnant the first time, and I just can't seem to care about losing again. I am definately suffering from self-sabotage. I know, start journaling again, drink my water, and keep my chin up. :(

Jenniffer
10-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Denise..listen to me very carefully. I know hw difficult it is to get yourself out of a slump. But you must. Right now. You have lost a tremendous amount of weight. Only a little over a year ago I went from 250 lbs to 188 lbs. I felt like a queen. Ask anyone here. I swore I would never ever see 200 again. And then, I began my slump. Yes, of course major things in my life went wrong and put my weightloss journey on the back burner. ****, I threw it out the window. And before you know it..I gained alot back. Alot. I am not saying you will wake up tomorrow and have it all back. But I am telling you...it will happen. It can. Don't let it. Start slow. Promise yourself 1 GREAT OP day. Just one day. Good days are addicting. Then..get out an old pair of jeans. One's that are too big for you now. Then get out an old picture of yourself before you lost weight. Then write down the compliments you have gotten so far. And then go to the store and try to lift a 50 lb bag of dog food. Or better...cat litter. Feel it? Good. Now..you are ready to continue you're battle..cause girl..your winning. Don't slow down now.

Rootin for you always.

AngiKL
10-30-2002, 06:56 PM
Jennifer,
I haven't mentioned the fertility treatments before, so you didn't forget. There isn't a specific child - we are adopting from an agency in South Korea, so we know it will be a little Korean baby, probably a boy. We go through the long application process through our agency here, and through INS (immigration) and then we get on a list - at that point they assign a child to us. He'll be about 5 or 6 months when we get to go and get him.

There's reportedly a doctor at this S.Korean agency who wants to make sure the precious babies have healthy parents. And I can't argue that I would be healthier if I lose weight. The weight chart goes right along with that BMI obesity chart we were discussing a few weeks back.

This whole thing can take another 9 months from now, so he's probably not born yet. I'm praying for his birthmom's health and life in general.

That's the story!

Angi

lorelei1
10-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Wow, where to begin??
Jenniffer-I loved your opening post. You are soo right. This group is more like a family almost to me. Always someone here to inspire you when you are down. I just read what you wrote about your great weight loss and then gain and I was there with you! I felt it. I have been there myself three times if you can imagine. Three!! I lost 50 pounds (starting at 225) then within a few years I was back to 225 again. Then I lost 50 pounds again!! And low and behold gained it back again. Once I lost 40 pounds and gained that back too in record time. Each time I lost it, I lost it fast. This is why I am not too worried about losing it slow cause atleast I am basically keeping it off during my slumps. It's ok to maintain your losses just dont start gaining it all back. It's hard on your soul when you do!!

Kayla-I cant imagine going through two stressful things at once. You must be very strong. Have you ever had counseling? Sometimes it helps to deal with hard things in life. It also could help you deal with living with an alchoholic and how not to be an enabler. Thats what counselors call it. Can you tell this is in my family too? Both grandfathers and my dh's grandfather were. They always tell the wife/girlfriend not to make it easy on them, dont allow them to be that way, etc... I am sure there are books on this too. good luck to you!! And dont let this be a time to stress eat. (easier said than done, huh?)

Angi-Did the docs say maybe you can get pregnant even with endometreosis? I had a friend who had this (had to keep having the surgeries too) and was told she probably would never get pregnant, but guess what? She had three sons and a daughter! She kept having those boys until she got her girl! So, you never know!!

Denise- re-read Jenniffers post!! I so agree with what she said. If nothing else just maintain until you feel up to trying to lose some more. I was in a slump myself but I am so glad I didnt gain. I kept gaining and losing the same few pounds until I got ready to lose for real!

happy halloween everyone!
:devil:
laura

Jennelle
10-30-2002, 09:52 PM
Jenniffer - I'm glad I could motivate someone, 'cause I'm having a hard time motivating ME! :lol:

Kayla - I'm glad your hubby is getting the treatment he needs. You're right - it's not going to be easy, but he's made the first and most important step.

Angie - Let us know when you get your hands on that precious baby. Maybe we'll throw you a virtual shower! :)

Denise - oh BOY do I know where you are right now! I'm also struggling...it's like I just don't care, but I know I do. Some of my clothes are getting tight again, and that's just plain unacceptable. (Doesn't it suck when our husbands love us just the way we are! :lol: :lol: )

If I missed anyone else....sorry! :)

Sandi
10-30-2002, 11:28 PM
Good Evening all. Had an Ok day, ended up having a major lunch with my boss at the country club. It's amazing how much you can consume during a 3 hour lunch meeting. Soup, rolls, lunch, drinks. But it's just one meal right. Tomorrow is going to be a hectic morning, getting Jacob out the door with his breathing treatments and costumes and treats, I'm dog-sitting, so I'll have that taking up time. I had pretty much resolved that I wasn't getting up to work-out. Then as I was doing the dishes, I realized that I wasn't beat. Normally by dinner, I am falling down tired. Now last night I got my normal 6 or so hours of sleep (I REALLY need to work on getting more). But I felt OK. Why?? Maybe because I had worked out. Hmmm. So it's up at 4:30 again for me tomorrow.

Jennelle - how are things at school?

AngiKL - I'm glad that things are going well with the adoption. What motivation that must be. Although I have to say I don't think they have the right, I appreciate the fact that they want the healthiest possible parents for their babies. I know what you mean about the fertility. I didn't go as far as it sounds like maybe you did, but it took me 5 years to have Jacob. I need to stand back and reflect here. When I had jacob (345 maybe when he was born - c section). She said that she wanted me under 200 when I got pregnant again. She said we were lucky the first time (breathing issues with me and c-section difficulties all due to weight) That should be my motivation. Jacob is 2. It's time to try again, but I am sooo far from 200. I see her in Jan. If I could be say 260, maybe she'd Ok me, but no way at 290. Hmmmm.

Denise - I'm sorry your motivation is low. You won challenge #2. We just finished challenge 3. It hasn't been so long. You can get it back. I am gald to see you sign up for the November challenge, we have about 15 people signed up, maybe some Competition is what you need. Let's look at the positive. What of your healthy life style changes have you kept up with?

Kayla - :grouphug: Alcoholism runs heavy in my family too. Dad, both grandmas, one grandpa. I always say that I survived the alchololic gene, no, I just use food instead. A more acceptable form of abuse. I am very gald that he has come forward and is getting the help that he needs. you come out here and vent any time you want missy. We are here for you. You have so much stress right now.

Jennifer - What a great start to this thread. It really sounds like you have your motivation back!!!

Jenniffer
10-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Goodmorning everyone and Happy Halloweeeny!

I am doing okay considering TOM arrived this morning. It's been awhile..so am experiencing some dreadful pain. But it's a good thing. I was getting worried. I am sure my weight gain isn't helping matters. So..hopefully he will leave soon.

Still very positive about my journey..feeling very strong. The tray of cookies from the bakery that is behind me right now isn't even tempting me. well..maybe the layered rainbow ones are a little. But I won't give in. I will have a small treat at the party this afternoon...and they are serving pizza. I will be strong. And not because I have to..but because I really want to. lol weird.

Angie..How exciting!! I will keep you and your babys birthmom in my thoughts. Is this you're first child?

lorelei..I am glad someone can understand how I feel. I could beat myself up over this forever..but that won't get me anywhere. Guess it's a lesson learned. At least I didn't wait a long time to do it again.

Jennelle..Read my post to Denise again. Do what I told her to do. It is hard to get that motivation back. I understand. It will come...be patient.

JacobsMommy...Isn't it nice to not be completely exhausted by dinner time? 4:30 am...I just don't think I could ever find that determination. Please...send some my way.

Hope everyone has a nice and safe Halloween!!!!

icewoman
10-31-2002, 02:12 PM
Hello all,

Things get better. I am taking it one day at a time. A song played on the radio and I started to cry. I don'tknow that is going to be the hardest thing listening to the radio and hearing songs that discribe what I am going through. Well he still has not called or written. I am sure he is not in the state anymore. I just don't know if he went to Texas. Running is not solving his problems he needs to face them like a man not a mouse. Oh well. November 15 is the day I get to see the lawyer to start the divorce. He will have been gone just about a month by then. I hope he comes to his senses and calls by then so I can talk to him. I also go to counseling on Tuesday. It will be the first time since he left. It will be good for me. Well I must get back to work. I will post indiviuals replys later.

Jenniffer
11-01-2002, 10:12 AM
Very very quiet in here......wonder where everyone is hiding? Hopefully not with the bowl of Halloween candy. lol

I indulged a bit yesterday. Between Halloween and TOM arriving yesterday morning, it was kind of a given. I didn't go nuts like other yrs...but I did eat uhm, a little more than my "skinny share".
I even ended up staying home last night. TOM is kicking my butt right now. My back is hurting so bad, and I can't stay home. Boo Hoo!

Today is the 1st day of our new challenge...am excited!

Hope everyone is smiling and doing well..

Icewoman...You're in my thoughts...how are the kids holding up? Have your in-laws backed away at all?

JML
11-01-2002, 10:50 AM
I pop in occasionally. After my pound gain last week, I have a renewed committment to do better. The Halloween candy bowl is downstairs. I'm hanging out upstairs until it's time for me to leave for the day. Tendinitis is slowly improving I think.

snowball1
11-01-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey, everyone. :) Thanks for all your support & advice about my dh's situation. He started the inpatient program yesterday. It was hard to say good-bye, but I know it is for the best. I have been thinking about going to an Al-anon meeting & it would probably help me quite a bit. Hopefully I can find one that fits in my schedule. Thanks for being so supportive :)

I am excited about the new challenge that starts this morning. I'm really happy that so many have joined. It's going to rock!!! :D

Hope everyone had a great Halloween & are having a wonderful Friday :)

Sandi
11-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone!! Hope everyone had a happy and safe halloween. Jacob was so cute, dressed up as a bear! I started today with a great attitude about this new challenge. It's noon and I'm doing good.

I wanted to share Jacob's 2nd year picture with you.

Have a great weeeknd!!!!

snowball1
11-01-2002, 04:02 PM
Sandi!!!! How adorable is he!!!!!! What a precious little boy you have. I just love, love, love his hair!!!! :D

Sandi
11-01-2002, 04:05 PM
Thanks!! I did cut all his hair off. I promised Dad by the time he was 2. That was on the 20th. I got it cut on the 19th. :)

lorelei1
11-01-2002, 07:02 PM
he is adorable! My son had hair like that when he was little. Enjoy every day with him because before you know it he will be in kindergarten. Time flies!!

laura

Derby-Girl
11-02-2002, 05:24 PM
Hello,
I got your message Jennifer!! LOL
I have been doing fine.... I have lost a total of 266 lbs. I started at 466 and now weigh 200. I have about 40 - 50 lbs of excess skin I need to have removed, which would bring me to my goal of 150 - 160. I feel great and I am doing so much more than I did 18 months ago.
Adoption News....... We we should hear something any Day. The week of Nov 4th is when we should get our referral. Which is pictures of our Baby, birthdate, medical history, where she is in China and all that good stuff. We then get our travel approval and hopefully go to China in 4-6 weeks to get her. The nursery is done we just need her. Her name will be Miranda Grace and she should be 6 - 10 months old when we get her. So keep your fingers crossed.
I went last week to my infertility Doctor for my annual fun...lol
I haven't seen her since I have lost the weight. She about died, she had no idea and was so amazed. She said when I get back from China I should go off the "Pill" and try to get pregnant. She feels the eliments will be right for a pregnancy. We'll see, I can't get my hopes up on that..... been there done that!! :eek:
Jennifer how are you doing?? are you still at IBM? :?:
I am sorry for not posting on a regular bases..... I will try to be better. I will keep you updated on China. The wait has been really hard and the closer it gets to the end the harder is gets. Anticipation SUCKS!!!

Hello to everyone and keep up the good work,

Derby

Goddess Jessica
11-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Derby Girl - Hello??? Let's see some before and after pics! I need some inspiration.

AngiKL
11-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Derby Girl!
I have only been around a month, so haven't seen your posts before. What an amazing weight-loss story! I have been posting a little bit about OUR international adoption and was so exited to hear about yours! We are just in the formal app process for a little boy from Korea.

So, it's great to hear BOTH of your inspirational stories: about your amazing weightloss success and your adoption. I want to know more about your little girl when things happen. You've been told your referral is on its way? That's very exciting!

Angi

Jenniffer
11-04-2002, 03:21 PM
My Derby! I was hoping you'd still check you're mail. WOOHOOO CHICKIE! Wow..it's been so long ..you've been here since the start of this group. And look at you!!! You passed me right on by. I as you can see had a regain. But am gonna get back down there...don't you worry. You're little girl is almost here! How exciting..I bet you and you're family are wreck waiting! I can't even imagine. I am so happy your doing well. And uhm...you did promise me pics months ago!! Please check in often!!! Miss you and think of you often.

JML..Did you survive the Halloween candy? I did my best but went home with a tummy ache last week. But for some reason it made me strong for the weekend.

Snowball..How you doing? I agree, I think the Al-Annon meetings would be great for you.

Sandi..I don't even have to tell you what a cutie pie your son is!!!

Hope everyone is doing well...my Monday seems good so far. Rainy and cold here in NY. Can someone send me some sunshine?

icewoman
11-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know I am here and reading posting when I can. I feel like all I have been doing is posting complaints here. I hope I can report some good news soon. My baby is growing fast she is now pulling herself up on furniture. I don't think it will be long before she takes off and is walking. My husband still hasn't showed his face. He could send an email. I sat down and figured bills yesterday and got so depressed that I could not do anything. Without his income I will be about 1000 dollars short of paying all the bills. Ouch. I will make it. I will survive. My in laws are in denial right now. They keep saying he didn't do this out of his own free will. Well I don't know what they are thinking if he didn't do it on his own he would have called or wrote or something to keep in touch. I just email him as much as I can to let him know the kids need him yet. I tell the kids there daddy still loves them. At least I hope he does. Here I go again. Complaining about me. Now the halloween candy has been good at home but at work it's been calling my name like you wouldn't beleive. I have taken a few and tried to stop myself but it doesn't work sometimes.

Derby--glad to hear from you again. Congrats on the baby girl and hope you can bring her home sooner.

Sandi-- He is so adorable. My little guy had hair like that when he was little and boy it was fun to comb.

lorelei1--I agree my little boy just started Kindergarten this year. Time really flies.

Take care all. I will be looking in and seeing you all. Watch the candy I am wathcing you. :D

BA99TJ
11-05-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi Girls-
Its Tuesday. I'm feeling excellent because yesterday I had my FIRST COMPLETELY OP DAY IN ABOUT 4 MONTHS. YIPPEEE!! I have been using anything and everything as an excuse to NOT be completely op. Now by completely OP I mean I wrote EVERY BITE DOWN and figured out all my points, I exercised, and I drank 96 oz of water. :) I also stayed within my WW point range. And girls, I FEEL GREAT!!! :)

How are you all doing?? I hope well.
Tamara you are still in my prayers.
Kayla, have you been to an AlAnon meeting yet?
Jen - we had rain yesterday too. Ugh. and black ice this am. It was awful.
Sandi - Jacob is TOO CUTE!
Anagram - you are doing FABULOUS on the challenge!!!
AngiKL- you obviously joined while I was gone, so a big WELCOME To ya!!
Goddess Jessica - hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

:) Girls - I'm really feeling that its time for all of us to stop LOOKING For motivation - and just get up and DO IT. I have been looking for motivation for months, and couldn't find it. Well, I decided to just buckle down and do it, and what do you know, it worked. :) You all are doing great, and we CAN do this TOGETHER.

Jenniffer
11-05-2002, 04:53 PM
Oh, happy day...happy day...*trying to sing*

Where is Waldo? I mean..where is everyone hiding out? Come out, Come out.

I am doing really well. I feel very strong..and determinded. Feels good. Feels very good. And good days are addicting...so I should be able to complete my week challenge.

Icewoman..Never apologize for venting here. We mean it when we say that were here for you. Seriously. You're going through a hard time right now, a very hard time. But you are a strong woman, and nomatter what you will get through this. And you will be smiling...

BA..Looks like you got you're groove back. Woohoo!

Jennelle
11-05-2002, 06:57 PM
You go, BethAnne! :D "Just Do It" seems to be our new motto!

Charbar
11-05-2002, 08:54 PM
stupid stupid me... what made me think I could make chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies today with out eating them??? I counted them as 2 points /cookies - I had 3.
But I did jounal - it's 7 pm and I'm at my max points. I'm getting better - slowly!

bella23
11-05-2002, 11:31 PM
Hi all,

I know, I haven't been around much. SORRY!!! Things have been busy. I started working again (painting the daycare). And had a birthday (yesterday). With school and my scrapbooking I seem to have much to much on my plate at the moment. I can't seem to get anything done!!!!!

My weight is up for the moment (TOM) but I expect it to go down in a few days, lol ( I HOPE!!)

I'm going to a PCOS specialest (sp?) in about a month and get an ultra sound of my overies in about 2 weeks. Hopefully they can figure why I can't loose weight!! It's starting to really frustrate me!

Well enough complaining for tonight! lol

Bella23

snowball1
11-06-2002, 11:40 AM
Icewoman - you come here & vent absolutely any time you need to. You're going through a lot & we're here to support you in any way we can. :grouphug:

BA - Hot-diggity-dog!!! :D You go!!!! Keep up the awesome work!

Bella - let us know how the dr. appointment goes. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & praying the dr. can answer some of your questions.

Dana - Why, oh, why did you have to mention cookies! Particularly peanut butter cookies, my sworn enemy! :lol: But, hey, you only ate 3... I fear to think how many I would have ate if I had been at your house!!! :lol:

Jennifer - I am so glad to hear your feeling so strong & inspired! Your good attitude is contagious! :) Keep it up!

Derby - your weight loss story amazes me! You have so much to be proud about! Congrats :)

As for me, I'm doing okay. Stressed out is an understatement. Dh is doing okay, but I miss him terribly & we don't have much of an opportunity to talk (during the first week or two of treatment the counselors try to limit distractions). But hopefully I will get the all clear to visit him this Sunday. I went to a family group on Monday night at the hospital, so got to talk with him for a few minutes then. Last night, I went to a group just for spouses & family members of the patients. It went okay. I haven't gone to an Al-anon meeting on my own yet, & I know I need to make the time... I just don't know when. I got a list of meeting times & places last night, so I am going to try to make it to one this Friday night. Dh is having a rough time, but it is a good rough time, if that makes any sense. He has to work through some of this stuff in order to get into recovery. So it's a good thing, and from what I know from him & his counselors, he is really working at it.

So, other than that, I'm keeping busy, busy, busy. Work & school, plus this, has me stretched to the limit. But just when I think it's too much, God gives me the strength to keep going, & I am thankful for that. I'm also thankful for our puppy (sounds cheesy, but she really is such a light in my life & so much fun to have around. Who can help but to smile when they see her cute little face! :))

Thanks, as always, for listening (or reading, I guess!) & being so supportive. Knowing I can come here to talk about this really is soooo helpful. You guys are great :)

muelledk
11-06-2002, 11:46 AM
Bella, I'm glad that you are going to a specialist. I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago and just now made it to the specialist. I hope that everything goes well for you, and he should be able to help you with the weight loss problems.

slimdown, three cookies is way better than it could be. Besides, it was 7 pm and you haven't gove over in points! You hang in there, you are doing great.

BA, great job being OP for an entire day, it feels good doesn't it! Keep your groove up, girl!

Jennifer, thank you for what you said earlier! I really needed that.

Sorry I haven't been around this last week or so, I've been really busy with company visiting from Kansas and Texas, a big Halloween bash, and a computer that was hating me! I've had a couple of the best (and most uncomfortable) comments made to me this last weekend. My husband's best friend from college days and his wife came to visit. I haven't seen them in about a year, and was excited about seeing them. She is overweight, just like me, and like me trying to loose the weight. I have lost more than her, but she is making progress. Well, to make a long story short(er), Mike was very complementary to me when he first got here, but then he would not keep his hands of me and even went so far to tell my DH that he would like to, um, swap wifes for an evening. I know that he was drunk, but my goodness, this is his best friends wife!!!! I have never been so uncomfortable in my life and I don't even want to see them anymore, and he was the best man in our wedding. I think that I am going to try my darndest to get back on track. I think that part of my problem was PMS (I get that way before my TOM). I am going to get to my goal weight. I am going to get back OP, and I am going to make my DH proud of me (just as long as his friends can keep thier hands off me).

Jenniffer
11-06-2002, 12:25 PM
Goodmorning everyone and Happy Hump Day. Another dreary wet day here and it matches my mood. Just wanna be in bed hiding under the covers. Oh well..just a funk.

But I am still OP and earned 3 points yesterday. No exercise. Just not in the mood. Gonna force myself to today though.

Slimdown..I LOVE PB cookies!!!! I would have eatne alot more than just 3..so you DID do well!

Bella..Nice to see you! Looks like you've been pretty busy. If you are suffering from PCOS...it will explain why you are having a difficult time losing weight. Women with PCOS must follow a diet that restricts carbs. Only then will it be possible to lose weight. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Snowball..Glad you're staying strong and finding some support for yourself. I am sure you miss your husband loads.

Hope everyone else is doing well and smiling...

Sandi
11-07-2002, 05:52 PM
Hi all!! It's Thursday and I really can't wait for the weekend. It's been another busy week. I need to kick back and relax.

Saturday we are having a family picture taken. 290 is NOT the weight I had hoped to be. We are going to a good photographer, but she's not a miracle worker.

I wake up every morning and say I am going to try and then I just eat, eat, eat. I have been drinking my water. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't be earning any points at all. I'm tired of only having good intentions.

I taped that oprah show they were talking about on that other thread. Maybe that'll motivate me.

Jennifer - Glad to see you are back on a roll....keep it going!!

Denise - You little hottie you!! :D

snowball - I am thinking about you. I am very proud of you for being so strong. You have not turned to food during this VERY stressful time. VERY PROUD!! :)

Bella - Glad your going to see a specialist. I think you need some answers.

Dana - I would have eaten all of them.. Good job. I know you are frustrated right now. Maybe we need to brainstorm and come up with a plan to get back on track. WE WILL NOT FAIL!!

BA - how's it going?

JML
11-09-2002, 09:37 PM
Hey, I think I'm getting somewhere after almost 2 years of struggle. I think I can actually feel ribs underneath the thinning blubber. Wow, I have ribs! Gee, that sounds pathetic. The gals where I work told me this week "Jeanne --- go out and buy yourself a pair of pants ---- in YOUR size. Those are not YOUR size." (pointing to my 18's) which admittedly are loose but I thought I could get away with them for a while longer. And people I've known for years are noticing my loss, and people I've met only recently don't think I'm fat. I've never experienced that before. I know I'm still quite fat however and have a ways to go.

Jenniffer
11-11-2002, 12:05 PM
Sandi..How did the pics go??

JML...Go buy yourself pants! lol

Hope everyone is smiling...

Sandi
11-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Jen - We will get the proofs on Saturday. I think she did a pretty good job of hiding me. Boy isn't that sad.

So it's Monday and after a weekend of emotion, I am trying to pull it all together and put some of your great advice into action. I am doing very well, so far. But the real test will be to see where I am in a week or two.

anagram
11-11-2002, 02:44 PM
A size 16 is a great reward in itself. It seems not long ago when you reached 60 lbs down and I was impressed. Not you're at 76 with only 31 to go. Wow! And you kept at it when you had all those problems too.

Way to go, JML>

snowball1
11-11-2002, 04:18 PM
Okay, quick, someone get in here & kick my arse! I have been horrible lately. The only even remotely good thing I have done since Saturday is get all my water in :( I don't even want to share what all I have ate, as I am humiliated :( But let's just say it involved an entire box of chocolates in one day :(

I feel so guilty & so terrible about myself. The rational side of my brain says "buck up, Kayla! So you had a few bad days. Move forward from here." The unstable side of my brain says "well, you've already screwed up, might as well keep eating & eating & eating." Unfortunately, the unstable side is winning so far.

I have GOT to snap out of this. I have lost 85 pounds & I refuse to gain that back. REFUSE. I want to get to goal. I want to be healthy. I will not go back down that road again & I will not allow my negative self-esteem to destroy all the positive work I have done so far & ruin my future efforts.

I WILL NOT LOSE THIS BATTLE AGAIN. There is nothing I can do about this morning or yesterday or Saturday. But there is something I can do about right now.

anagram
11-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Hugs, Kayla! You have done tremendously well and you have been an inspiration, at times keeping me from dropping the whole thing by your example.

Look a bit at why you're eating now. I'm sure this is a difficult time for you. But you don't need me to tell you eating isn't going to help any. You need to continue being successful on your plan so you can continue to feel good about YOU. And I'm sure to be an inspiration also to your dh.

It's a little hard for me to kick with two bionic knees. But I can give a good, hard VIRTUAL kick so get your arse ready.

KABOOM !!!!

Feel better? Now let's see those points!

Sandi
11-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Thread closed - see #174