General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #1  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Default NaNoWriMo Support 2010

Who is writing a novel in November during National Novel Writing Month? The support thread here last year was very helpful to me, counteracting the many food-based conversations on the NaNoWriMo forums. NaNoWriMo 2008 was a contributor to my weight gain that year, but NaNoWriMo 2009, with help from here, went along with a 2.5 pound weight loss for the month. So, come on, who wants to write a novel AND lose weight in November?
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:44 PM   #2  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I do!

I'm looking forward to NaNo this year. I honestly haven't a clue of what I'm going to write, but I decided that I'll just play it by year. If my novel sucks, then it sucks, but--hopefully--it will at least be finished!

I've done NaNo... three years ago, I think? I only was able to get a quarter way through it, but even that much was a huge accomplishment to me, and I was so incredibly proud of myself and my novel.
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #3  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

Height: 5'3"

I can't decide if I want to do it this year, or not. It's going to be a VERY busy month for me and I really need to be spending my free time reading for school... but NaNoWriMo is so much fun!
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #4  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I love NaNo and have done it 3 times but I can't participate this year. Good luck to all! It's grueling but it's awesome!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I haven't finished the novel I started last NaNoWriMo. To participate officially, it has to be a new novel.

I've decided to work on my present novel as much as I can in October, and if I finish the rough draft (possible, but unlikely) by October 31, then I'll participate in NaNoWriMo officially. If I don't finish the novel then I'll participate "in spirit" to finish the novel I started last year.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #6  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i wanted to do it last year but then it was just so overwhelming i chickened out. i'm thinking about it for this year. we'll see what happens.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Count me in! Although I do write, I've never done NaNoWriMo before. I've read about it and know what it is but just never made the time to do it. I really have been wanting to give it a shot and try to turn some of the ideas in my head into a novel. So I'll gladly join you all for this one!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #8  
Green Tomatoes

Wild Vulpix: Yay for trying again! One of the beauties of NaNo is that the result at the end of November pretty much has to suck. But it's a real draft that can get better with editing.

fatmac: we'd be happy to have you if you decided to go for it!

Rochester: Thanks for the support -- we can use some cheerleaders!

kaplods: we're happy to have you here, whether you're being official or a "NaNo Rebel."

lizziep: You can do it! It's really a fun and satisfying adventure.

CourtneyDaisey: Glad you're joining us! It's definitely a challenge but with a lot of companionship on the journey to make it easier and more fun.

I did some world-building over the summer and some character sketches this fall. What I really need right now is a plot!

Does anyone have ideas / recipes for getting some food prep done in October that will make healthy eating easier in November?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

I clicked on this thread out of curiosity, and I am so glad that I did! This sounds so awesome. I had never heard of National Novel Writing Month before, but I am now registered as an official participant. Yay!

What sorts of novels have you written in the past/will you be writing next month?
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #10  
Diet and Exercise!

S/C/G: 185/165/135

I've never been an official finisher of NaNoWriMo. I've signed up every year for the past...7? 8? (Since like junior year of high school, so, yeah). Finishing is definitely a goal of mine, but I'm just not sure this year is going to be the year. I'm definitely going to sign up, and start, but I kind of feel like I need to be realistic.

Although, the more I think about it, the more I feel like I will put effort into it this year. Gah! Sorry for the rambling! Count me in
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #11  
Green Tomatoes

Nienna: Welcome! I'm so glad you found us. I write what I read -- romances with paranormal themes or urban fantasy tendencies.

fatmac: yay! I think you can do it!

I had a couple of ideas for my plot yesterday, even though I wasn't really working on it. It helps just to have this in my mind so random thoughts pop up during the day.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

I tried last year, but honestly I didn't find out about it til the day before it started, and all my ideas seemed like crap. I have some time this year, so thinking about giving it a go.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Ohhhhh I want to join you guys! I am determined to make it through this year and combining weight loss and NaNo chat together is genius. I used to be just a fiction writer but now I write for a living and fiction has taken a backseat. I am so excited to bring it back into my life.

I hope this thread takes off, having NaNo buddies that understand the weight aspects that go along with it will be so awesome.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #14  
Green Tomatoes

CanadianCutie: it will definitely be easier this year with some time to think about it before you start!

Purplefirefly: Glad to have you! I really like how NaNo lets me devote just a bit of my writing to fiction.

I made and froze (in ice cube trays) some pesto with basil from my garden -- that will help me make quick pizzas and flavorful salad dressing in November!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #15  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

I'll join too! Like purplefirefly, I used to write fiction, but now I write for a living (medical writing and magazine articles), so I don't do much fiction anymore.

Sounds like fun!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote