100 lb. Club - What do you drink besides water???

Matilda08
10-14-2010, 10:39 AM
For the most part I only drink water but lately ive been craving something with taste. What are you drinking? Im a calorie counter if that helps so would prefer low cal drinks or ideas thanks!!

Eliana
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Nada. ;) Oh, wait...I drink soy milk, but I consider it a food. :dizzy: LOL! When I'm HUNGRY I sometimes grab a little soy milk. But for thirst, water only.

katy trail
10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
try mint water. just put a mint tea bag (not candycane mint) into cold water. no need to brew. no need to add sugar.

refreshing! great when it's hot outside, or you are hot and sweaty from working out.

in the winter when you want a warm drink. try hot green tea w/lemon. mine doesn't need sugar/honey. that prob. has no cals at all :) great when you are sick, or need to wake up!

i also drim skim milk.

Fressca
10-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Tea! All sorts of flavours, but blueberry, red zinger and lemon zinger are my favourites. Also water with a squeeze of lemon or lime.

Katy's mint water sounds good.

carter
10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
I generally prefer fizzy water / seltzer / club soda. At work I drink a lot of flavored fizzy water, but only because the dispenser at work doesn't have unflavored fizzy water.

At home I have one of these: http://www.sodastreamusa.com/ so I can drink plain fizzy water to my heart's content.

Occasionally I will drink tea. In the summer I sometimes make iced barley tea - I get that at the Asian grocery store. In the winter I tend to favor Good Earth tea, which is a very nice soothing spice tea. I also make my own chai in the winter, but that uses a dash of milk and sugar so it's not zero-calorie.

Slim CB
10-14-2010, 11:32 AM
I use Crystal Light a lot and have recently noted that Ocean Spray has a similar product in the Cran-Grape flavor. Both this and the Crystal Light is 5 calories per serving.

JillyM
10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I hate water!! I drive all day, it's not hard for me to find time to drink, but I can't do it with water. I make crystal light and add extra water (it's usually too strong for me). I try and drink 4 cups of straight water a day, but I have to guzzle it or I won't finish it.

SCraver
10-14-2010, 11:46 AM
I have been sipping a lot of tea. I like black tea. Twinnings has been my fav. lately - any of their flavors. Celestial Seasonings has some GREAT flavors this time of year.

I like seltzer + juice. I do 12 oz. flavored seltzer with 4 oz. (or less) of 100% juice. (this is about a 40 cal. drink - sometimes 60 depending on the juice) Or sometimes I get frozen juice concentrate and add a tablespoon.

And sometimes I use the on-the-go packets. I am trying to cut out processed stuff, so I do about half a packet to 16 oz of water. Just enough to give it a wee bit of flavor.

pokeycactus
10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
I drink tea like crazy - probably anywhere from 6-10 mugfuls, depending on the day. But I'm a writer, and sit at my desk for most of the day - and we have a hot water tap at work, so it's as easy as filling my mug anytime I want.

I really like green tea with something else - green tea with blueberry, green tea with raspberry, green tea with lemon...there are so many flavors and they're completely calorie free.

Pacifica Bee
10-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't drink plain water at all, but I go through at least 12 cups of tea during the day (some herbal, some caffeinated, sweetened with Stevia).

The one vice I have not gotten rid of in my new healthy way of eating is diet sodas, so in the evening I have clear carbonated sugar free soda waters. The ones I get are from my local grocery store, Safeway, and I hear from a friend that Target also carries them. I drink 4-6 of these a night. No, it isn't great for me. Yes, it is delicious it keeps me hydrated, and stops me of snacking at night and craving sweets like I used to.

Ky30
10-14-2010, 12:32 PM
I drink 5 16oz bottles of water a day and 1 of those 16oz bottles I add the pack of crystal lite rasberry ice thats meant for bottles of water it really helps my sweet tooth.

Iron Turtle
10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
I prefer the flavored water from Wal-Mart or Target rather than plain water. There's a decent selection of flavors (I prefer black cherry, my wife prefers kiwi) and they are slightly carbonated. 0 calories and flavorful, I usually have 2 or 3 liters of it a day.

~Iron Turtle

totsandfries
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I drink mostly water, but when I want some extra taste I drink Minute Maid Light Lemonade. It has only 15 calories and I think it is delicious.

cincimini
10-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I second the mint water suggestion. Also, try adding any of the following to regular water:
- cucumber slices
- oranges or lemon slices
- strawberries
- basil leaves

Also, I'm a fruit tea fan - no caffeine, no sugar.
Not really zero calorie but super refreshing: Sparkling water with a splash of apple juice for flavor - it's SO German but I'm on a mission to introduce Americans to it :lol:

Finally, occasionally I'm craving a diet coke so I'll allow myself that. I know it's not the perfect diet drink (I'm guessing b/c of the artificial sweeteners?) but it's got zero calories, so every now and then I think it's okay.

wesley587
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
I am a HUGE fan of fruit/herbal teas! Red zinger is awesome. A giant mug with 2 different flavors of tea..such as red zinger and lemon zinger...mmmm. think I'll make a cup now. Teehee

Lyn2007
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Green tea, for the prevention of ovarian cancer.

In restaurants, unsweetened iced tea with lemon.

I drink coffee and diet sodas, too, although I'd like to cut that out eventually for the most part.

Matilda08
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
wow these are some really great ideas! Not sure if anyone else struggle with this but thanks a bunch I have to try the the mint idea for sure!!

synger
10-14-2010, 01:47 PM
I drink coffee or tea most mornings.

A diet soda occasionally with dinner.

Red wine or seltzer water with lime and bourbon after dinner.

Tai
10-14-2010, 02:03 PM
I love hot tea, diet Snapple and diet cocoa. I'll also occasionally drink grape flavored water.

runningfromfat
10-14-2010, 02:09 PM
I drink a ton of water but I also like variety so here's what I drink often:
Coffee with a bit of fat free half and half, no sugar
Green tea with a bit of orange falvoring
Sparkling water. I LOVE sparkling water and would drink it more if it wasn't so expensive (and I didn't have to carry it back from the store!) ;)
Smoothies! I just add frozen fruit, a banana, milk and yogurt to the blender (no sugar) and then the whole family fights over them. :D I'll also add whatever fruit is at home that I know will go bad soon.

Creeech
10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Ya'll are making me want some tea! :D

caryesings
10-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I drink cold green tea all day at my desk. When I have the calorie budget for it I like tart cherry juice mixed with a bit of diet lime soda.

neonwildflower
10-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Water makes up 95% of what I drink. Most days it's 100%. On days where I have anything else it's skim milk, black coffee, or tea (hot or iced, almost always herbal but sometimes green). The absolute best iced teas, in my opinion are Tazo full-leaf Refresh (Starbucks), Tazo full-leaf Zen (Starbucks) and Tazo filterbag Wild Sweet Orange (health stores, and Loblaws chains). Delicious!

starbrite
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Green tea, 4 litres of water and ice cold white wine :)

SnowboundChick
10-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Water mostly but if I need a bubbly I have a Fresca, skim milk and green tea and a latte *(I have a tassimo machine and have 1 latte every morning it's about 80 calories).

WildThings
10-14-2010, 03:52 PM
I drink a lot of water, but in the evenings sometimes I just want something with fizz so I add in sodium-free club soda. I also recently discovered water w/cucumber which I love.

WildThings
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
I drink a lot of water, but in the evenings sometimes I just want something with fizz so I add in sodium-free club soda. I also recently discovered water w/cucumber which I love.

duckyyellowfeet
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a cup of coffee every morning.
I drink water until noon. At noon, or thereabouts, I have a diet coke or diet pepsi. (I have a no-diet-coke-before-noon rule. Its an arbitrary restriction i've put on myself). And I'll own up to it, sometimes, I have two diet cokes.

I really like the Calistoga Mineral water. I'll drink herbal tea if I think about it or feel like something warm. I might have orange juice instead of coffee in the morning. And I drink a lot of iced coffee with non-fat milk and sugar-free syrup from Starbucks.

AngelicLyna
10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I drink skim milk or flavored sparkling water.

synger
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Tequila tonight. /happy smile

krampus
10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Just coffee for the most part, though I feel like a fool living in Green Tea Country and rarely drinking the stuff.

Beer when I go out. Going out is taking a break.

GoldenLeaf
10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
I drink Green Tea, Herbal Teas (many kinds... haven't met a Herbal Tea I didn't like yet), black or white tea with no sugar or milk or anything like that, and mineral water (the 0 cal, nothing added kind). I like the bubbles.

Jojo381972
10-15-2010, 01:44 AM
I drink a lot of water, but the odd diet soft drink. I also am getting addicted to soda water and a slice of lemon. Yum!
I forgot to add that I drink herbal tea (especially chai or peppermint). I drink the odd coffee, but seem to be cutting that out as well.

Sunday
10-15-2010, 02:26 AM
The only caloric beverage I drink is coffee, and I drink a few mugs a day. I LOVE coffee and I'm really particular about the brand I have - great brand from the town I live in, with brown sugar and a specific type of soymilk. I'll never give it up!

I drink a lot of plain water, but if I'm craving something different I'll add diet cordial, or have a diet softdrink. I pretty much always have diet softdrink in my fridge, but I only drink it a few times a week.

Regular soft drink really upsets my moods and energy levels and is so not worth the cals when the diet tastes great.

I'm not big on tea, because I prefer it with sweetener. Haven't found any natural or diet sweeteners I like, so I don't really drink it. I used to drink a filthy amount of tea! I should experiment again...

Some people in my family drink 2+ litres of regular Coke a day, such a waste of calories!

starfishkitty
10-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Mainly water, but about one glass a day of one of my favorite Crystal Lights (Orig. Iced Tea, Fruit Punch or Lemonade) and every other day a diet soda.

It's seemed to do me good. :)

s rosa
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
I drink a lot of Crystal Light. I always keep a full pitcher of it in the fridge, and I keep our pantry stocked with like 8 different flavors of it so I don't get bored. In the summer I'll drink a lot of iced tea with sweet n low, winters are for hot tea. During/after workouts I like to drink propel or powerade zero :)

synger
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I forgot to add that I drink herbal tea (especially chai or peppermint).

This caught my eye, because most chai is not herbal, but is spiced black tea ("chai" literally means "tea" -- the full name should be "masala chai" which means "spiced tea"). True herbal teas do not contain tea leaves at all (and properly should not be called "teas" but rather "tissanes".)

Not saying this to be knitpicky, but to educate. I'd hate to have you thinking you're drinking a non-caffeine beverage when you are really getting some caffeine. Good part is that there are a lot of good antioxidants in all kinds of true tea -- black, green, oolong, white.

Jojo381972
10-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks, synger. I was aware that it is black tea, I guess I just worded it incorrectly there. I do like the odd black, and green tea. I also like herbal tea like pepperment, mint, chamomile etc..

Does anyone else like cold green tea? My ex bf drinks a lot of it, and got me into it. It tastes sooo good. I brought some tea back from my three years in Korea, and it is green tea with brown rice. That is all they drink over there. The tea takes some getting use to because the taste is very unique. Has anyone tried that blend?

JackieHollow
10-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Nothing at all, unfortunately.

Well, an occasional (as in 1 every couple weeks) Dr. Pepper.

shannonmb
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I like the Kroger brand "Crystal Light" (cheaper :p). I always have it in the fridge, and I make a big glass of ice water and splash a little over the top. Voila, flavored water!

ValRock
10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I used to drink all sorts of things but now I'm down to one cup of coffee with cream and just plain old cold water. I feel so much better!

OH and sometimes matcha :P

RobinD
10-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Black coffee, Pellegrino fizzy water, and filtered tap with flavored Stevia drops; root beer and lemon drop are my favorites. No calories.

krampus
10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks, synger. I was aware that it is black tea, I guess I just worded it incorrectly there. I do like the odd black, and green tea. I also like herbal tea like pepperment, mint, chamomile etc..

Does anyone else like cold green tea? My ex bf drinks a lot of it, and got me into it. It tastes sooo good. I brought some tea back from my three years in Korea, and it is green tea with brown rice. That is all they drink over there. The tea takes some getting use to because the taste is very unique. Has anyone tried that blend?

Me! I love it hot and cold. What were you doing in Korea? We have a lot of Korean imports since I'm a 2 hour boat ride away from Busan. I absolutely LOVE the corn tea. I wish Japan would jump on that boat.

I'm enjoying "Imperial Peach" white tea at the moment.

Sunshine73
10-17-2010, 10:38 PM
I loathe water. Seriously loathe it. I've been drinking it because I know it's good for me but, for me, it's like taking a dose of nasty medicine. Blech. Add to that the fact that I'm severely sensitive to Nutrasweet and I'm kind of up a very familiar creek.

However, I have discovered Nestle's Pure Life Flavor Splash waters. They're made with Splenda instead of Nutrasweet and they taste amazing! Just a light flavor without being too sweet, no aftertaste - it's like drinking a very light and refreshing juice instead of water. So it's a big win for me!

StarGetsFit
10-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Well, since I've started my "life style change" I've been trying to avoid artificial sweeteners, though I still have two diet Pepsi's a week. I've almost kicked the diet soda habit.

But besides tons of water, I drink 1 or 2 ginger soothers a week. http://www.gingerpeople.com/ I drink half of the bottle one, and the other half a couple days later. There's 2 servings per bottle at 60 calories per serving. Ginger aids digestion, helps with inflammation, boosts immunity, and is a natural anti-viral, among other great things.

I also like Pellegrino and for a treat I'll drink an orange or lemon flavored Pellegrino.

calluna
10-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Lots of water, coffee, tea (herbal, green, and black tea), diet coke, occasionally crystal light but generally I prefer plain water.

SassyPoppet
10-18-2010, 10:27 AM
We drink a TON of crystal lite, but I'm trying to mix a glass of half with the rest of water to wean myself off the stuff. My vice is diet pepsi, and I'm done to probably one or two of those.

A really good friend turned me on to two drinks that aren't for everyone but I can really tell they are helping with the "sugar/white stuff" detox. I've started to put 2 tblspns of Braggs apple cider vinegar into my crystal lite lemonade - and am trying to do 4 additional tblspns throughout the day - sometimes I just mix the vinegar with water and some agave nectar and down it like a "tonic".. but this stuff is amazing and my skin is starting to glow and it helps with the cravings. There's a lot of research on this stuff, and tons of folklore support that it aids in weight loss - so I'm going to stick with it. They also make it in a pill form and people take that if their teeth become sensitive to the vinegar.

Another drink is water, real lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and agave nectar. I LOVE this for some reason! But it's in the detox area as well.

Outside of that - I'm a huge chai advocate, and drink all kinds of teas both hot and cold. I try not to have more than 2 mugs of coffee a day, but if I'm under a deadline, that number seems to go out the window! :)

Oh - yes, cucumber and water is awesome!

Terre
10-18-2010, 10:56 AM
coffee
green tea
diet big red..made 2 a week
crystal light
tea
water....lots atleast 8 bottles a day

Smiling_Sara
10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Coffee, Coffee, and oh yeah, coffee!!!

Every once in a while a diet coke, and I drink soy milk with cereal