Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 06:34 PM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#234

WELCOME!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:44 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Default Thanks

Hello ladies
Thanks for all the you sent my way on the loss of my grandmother
Big Ma was a special lady. We were real close. My Father was killed in a car accident in 1961 and this was his mother she was 86.

I have a sinus dranage and am real hoarse. had to take son to the dr today after the funeral. He has a problem with his liver they think. Oh well tomorrow is another day. I go back to work.

again thanks for being here for me.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:05 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

G'EVENING Chickies,

Hey Kat ... I have my pillow and my bankie right here. I just got back from my water workout and, with the time change, it felt like I was working out at midnight. I'm a morning person so this time switch really hits my nights hard. I'm pleasantly sore and tired.

Mary, Glad your back with us. Take care of yourself y'here.

See ya' in the mornin'.

j-ann
Old 10-29-2002, 09:25 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

That is a good description, J-ann, pleasantly sore and tired! Me too! It's a good, accomplished feeling
Old 10-29-2002, 10:39 PM   #5  

Never fear, Mary, we are here for you for no matter what.

Kat my soul sister.....I love Simple Abundance AND I could LIVE in a library!!!!! For me being in a library is a spritual time.

Okay...only vote so far is Kat's... week night, 8PM EST.....anyone else????? Someone have a preference for a night?????
Old 10-29-2002, 11:32 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! It has been a crazy day here. I did paperwork most of the morning. Left the house late for work and only did one job and a bunch of errands.

Ok, I've got to let off some steam here. I don't know if K-Mart is doing the big 'welcome back' push where you all are, or if it's just here because their headquarters is here, but DANG! I stopped at K-Mart today. There wasn't an associate on the sales floor. I went in for the new release of The Sum of All Fears on DVD. I had to wait in line at the service desk just to ask where they might keep them because they sure weren't in the Electronics department. The girl says, "did you see them back there?" Well, no, or I wouldn't be asking you now would I? Then she says "well did you ask back in the department?" Well, no. There wasn't anyone back there and if I did already ask back there would I have just waited in line for 20 minutes to ask you the same question? So she phones somebody and they say they've got them. The young man comes up to the service desk with one. I ask him if there was a display of them that I missed. Well, no. They were in a box behind the counter. Well, gosh. Is there any wonder that I couldn't find them? So I proceed to the checkout where I want to price match (because K-Mart advertises that they do that) some lipstick for Buy 1 Get 1 Free from the Walgreens ad. Do you think the cashier could manage to do that all by herself? Well no. She had to call a supervisor....And call the supervisor.......And call a third time for a supervisor. Finally she calls over the store manager (who she states under her breath won't know how to do it anyway) and he fiddles with putting his 'manager key' into the machine and has to have the cashier tell him step by step what to do. don't you sometimes wonder how these people get to be managers? Once he's finished fiddling with it and walks away, the cashier has to call a different supervisor over (3 times before she comes) to undo and redo what the store manager just did. 'WELCOME BACK!' Then they're giving away a coupon for $$$ off on your next visit when you spend at least $35. So my bill comes to $35.79. I asked the cashier where my coupon was. She told me she didn't know and that I should ask them meaning one of the truly competent managers that I had just dealt with. So off I go, back to the service desk to wait in line for another 20 minutes so that I can ask about my coupon. The supervisor the one who had to undo and redo the store manager's fiddle looks at the receipt and says, "it has to be $35 before tax." I looked at her and said "WELCOME BACK" with a wicked little grin.

Now, I ask you, how likely will I be to shop at K-Mart again? Do you think their Welcome Back program is working?

The funny thing is that one of my companies just started 'shopping' K-Mart last month. I was all set up to do several stores for the month of October AND November. I got word last night that they are putting the November 'shops' on hold while the K-Mart people and my company's people evaluate October's feedback and tweek the program to get the most out of it. My suggestion: quit spending money on 'shopping' and get some associates in the store #1, and some managers/supervisors that know how to run a store #2. Geez!!!!

Thanks for listening to me rant. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I was able to stand in line long enough to have the argument with myself about whether the Fritos were going to go home with me or not. And I'm proud to say that I gave them to the cashier and told her I had changed my mind. Little victories!!! It's really good that I changed my mind because those little buggers would have never made it home. I'd have scarfed them down in the car the way I felt.

LuckyLadyBug: Ok, I journalled today. I get a star on my forhead.

Tontoy: Don't be scared of the scale. It is only a tool to use in the total picture of things. If you haven't taken measurements, you might want to start there. Sometimes the measurements are a much better sign of your efforts.

J-ann: You're right about journalling, "we just gotta do it". I'm really giving it a try this week.

Susie: We sure have missed you! It's nice to see you. I figured you were really tied up at work. I was hoping that you'd get some relief from this 'promotion' but it seems like it's a whole lot of work. I hope it's been worth it.

Katrina: You are one exercising momma! You go girl!!! I'm so proud of you.

Mary: WOW! That sounds like it could be serious with your son and his liver. Hope all turns out ok. * I'm sending on the vitamin C and Echinacea. Hope that sinus thing goes for you real fast. I did the sinus infection about 3 weeks ago.

Ok, I'm better to chat earlier like anywhere from 3:00 to 6:00 PM EST. But that's because it's after I get in from work (typically) and before honey comes home from work. If it had to be 8:00, I'm best on Wednesday, because good TV doesn't start until 9:00 on Wednesday. But you guys set up whatever is best for you and if I can peek in, I will.

Gotta run. Paperwork to get done so I can be on the road again tomorrow. I'm installing pre-paid phone cards and machines in a couple of gas stations. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 10-29-2002 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:29 AM   #7  
Falling, but fighting...

Okay, Thin & 2Cute, were the things you were talking about me good or bad?

Thin, sorry to here about your K-mart experience. I LOVE K-MART!!!! I am the K-Mart Clearance Queen. I am not sure however if that is a good thing. I don't like Walmart & Target's clearance prices aren't as good. Good job on not buying the fritos.

hello everyone else out there.

I am doing well the last two days OP and hope to show a loss on Saturday. I am dealing pretty well with the stress this week. Is the promotion worth it? Sometimes and sometimes not. No matter what department I am in, Budget time is stressful, but being the Manager and being in budget time is 100% worse.

Well, I am off to get some work done. Catch you all later.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:54 AM   #8  

BUT, Thin if you would have bought the Fritos you would have been over $35.00 without tax !

It's 21 and snowing!!!!

Off to work.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:14 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Good Morning...

Chilly and rainy here today...not as chilly as Minnesota though...maybe low 40s...they had predicted light snow for northwest Jersey/Penn last night...not by us though...just cold. I like this weather...'specially for walking. (minus the rain) I have some books on tape to listen to while I go for my (soon to be, starting today) daily walk.

Lucky... You KILL me!
PS...BRRRRRR!

Thin... Is K-Mart one of your "mystery shopper" destinations? Boy, they'd get an earful from me, if I was! I HATE the K-Mart by us...it is always dirty, they only seem to hire the most obnoxious, ignorant people around, of which, at least 5 at a time, can always be found in front of the store, smoking...it's a shame too, cuz I DO like the Martha Stewart stuff, and it is so close to my home...I'd rather drive the extra distance and go to Target.

Mary... Once again, I'm so sorry for your loss. You were lucky to have her for so long. I miss both my grandmothers and think of them often...I always tell my kids stories about them to keep them alive in their memories too. I hope all is well with your son.

Damn! The TV guy is back...I just heard his truck door slam and the dog is going wild...like he didn't spend enough time here yesterday! Dh called because one of the TVs is not working right...

Gotta run, I'll be back
Old 10-30-2002, 09:22 AM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone,

Well another 2 pounds gone, I am now at 238. I am very happy, yet I worry if I will continue to loose. You know we are never satisfied. I am glad there is support here though.

Have a good day.

Tonya

244/238/160
Old 10-30-2002, 09:50 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Tontoy...good girl! See?? You're doing it!! STOP WORRYING!!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:56 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, everyone! Hope you all slept well. I finally hit the hay at 3:20 AM. Got my paperwork done and am ready for the new day.

LuckyLadyBug: You have no idea how much I pondered the fact that that dang bag would have sent me over the $35! Then, I came to my senses and looked at it this way: if I spent over $35 to get a lousy $5 coupon, I'd actually have to shop at K-Mart again to spend it!!!

Katrina: Yes, honey, that was what the 'shopping' paragraph of my story was about. And it's a real hoot because I used to 'shop' K-Mart for another company. Apparently, K-Mart didn't like the reports that it got from them, or something because now they've hired this other company that I work for to do the 'shopping'. The form is different and now after doing it for a month, they want to tweek the forms to get the outcomes they want. Every one of the reports I did this last month were terrible.

Susie: All good, sweetie, all good. Somebody was asking how long everyone had been on this thread and how long it had been around, etc. And 2cute and I talked about you.......all in a positive light.

Tontoy: 2 pounds! WooHoo! See, there was no reason to be so scared. All 'scared' is is negative. Banish those thoughts and make them positive 'I can do this' thoughts.

Off to work. See ya later.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:24 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

WEll ... I am definitely headed out of town again. Wed- Thur maybe Fri morning I will be in Missouri. Then Fri-Sun off to Texas to see my daughter there. Miss me while I am gone.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:43 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Bye 2Cute .......

We'll miss you while you're journey through the Heartland.

Drive Carefully,

j-ann
Old 10-30-2002, 12:20 PM   #15  

Okay I'm officially frozen, it's 14 degree's and was snowing on and off for the last couple of day's. Tomorrow's Halloween, and I betcha any money it will snow, it always seems to snow on Halloween here.

My poor boy, as I mentioned he's started hockey, he had his first game last week, the team did really well I think they won 10-4, mind you he didn't make any goals, he just kind of chases after the puck and if it accidently hits his stick, he gets pretty excited. But it just wipes him out physically, he stayed on the couch for the rest of the day on saturday, didn't move or eat, and then yesterday he had practise, the practise is only an hour long, but he went to bed as soon as we got home, 5:45pm till 7:30am this morning, he's got practise tomorrow as well, but I think I'll make him miss it, he'll be to tired to go trick or treating. I'm sure all the equipment he wears doesn't help any. He's got another game on Saturday, at least it makes for a quiet afternoon, don't mind it at all if he stays on the couch, at least he's not running around, getting into anything, my house seems to stay cleaner. If you didn't know he's only five.

I got his school picture's back, yesterday, and their awful, he's not looking at the camera, and he's got more of a sneer on his face than a smile, as well as the background I chose is a god awful color, it like a seacrest baby green pastel color, I was expecting a nice teal green, instead of the regular blue, back ground, so he's going for retakes, and I'm going to request the regular blue background. This is his first year of school and I would like a nice picture to remember it.

I should go get back to work, check in later
Closed Thread