Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

Default Set Points

Do you ever use this options? I've only done it with shrimp, but I'm considering it this weekend with the pot roast I'm making. What do you think of set points?
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

What are set points?
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #3  

I think set points rock and I hear the new plan will definitely be based on set points. This gives us leniency in portions while still assigning a number to a food. (fingers crossed that what I heard is true).
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #4  

Set points will not be the basis for the new plan. It is based on the German Pro Points plan which I have read being fluent in German. You can also look up the US patent for the new plan and read it there.

Set points are not to be used when you can weigh and measure your food. They are for situations where you can't readily determine these things and then you can only eat to satisfaction, not full.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joycelyn View Post
I think set points rock and I hear the new plan will definitely be based on set points. This gives us leniency in portions while still assigning a number to a food. (fingers crossed that what I heard is true).
The "Plus" in PointsPlus refers to Setpoints. I only use them when I go out to eat. But they're really useful. I try not to rely on them too often though because I can fool myself into thinking I'm not satisfied.
Uberfemme is offline   Reply With Quote