Metabolic Research Center - Ketosis Sticks

View Full Version : Ketosis Sticks

Razorbackbritt
10-12-2010, 10:16 AM
So I have used these everytime at the center. And I am always in the negative zone. I tell them I'm at trace (because I feel like I'm supposed to be) but I haven't been in the pink yet (been 1 month and a week on program). I stick to the program to a T (except for like 2 dinners where I had a few bites of something off program), and I'm just wondering why my body isn't going into ketosis.

I have lost 14.5 pounds...so I am losing. What can I do to go into ketosis and make my weight loss increase?

spryng
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
what I've read about those sticks is that they aren't always accurate, you could be in ketosis and they just not show it.. if you are losing weight I wouldn't worry about the sticks but just keep doing what you are doing. Also with drinking so much water you can be diluting your urine so it doesn't show up on the sticks, I was told when i did low carb years ago to use them first thing in the morning (like a pregnancy test) because our urine will have more in it from not using the bathroom all night etc..

Joy2MeNu
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
So I have used these everytime at the center. And I am always in the negative zone. I tell them I'm at trace (because I feel like I'm supposed to be) but I haven't been in the pink yet (been 1 month and a week on program). I stick to the program to a T (except for like 2 dinners where I had a few bites of something off program), and I'm just wondering why my body isn't going into ketosis.

I have lost 14.5 pounds...so I am losing. What can I do to go into ketosis and make my weight loss increase?

I have NEVER been in ketosis and lost regularly, so I don't worry about it ever! Too many other things to concentrate on! Please don't worry about this!

dkmd27
10-12-2010, 12:53 PM
many people NEVER go into ketosis -- and the center I went to never even used the sticks. don't worry about it -- if you're working the program, it will work for you!

shannysmomma
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
I wondered the same thing and asked what I could do differently so that my stick would turn pink. I was told that part of it was the amount of water I drink...at least 120 oz....could be diluting my urine enough so it doesn't read on the stick, your urine is more concentrated in the morning also so if you go in first thing your stick might read pinker than if you go in at the end of the day. They also said that not everyone will go into ketosis and just like Joy, I am losing so I don't worry about it. I think that my stick has only been really dark pink like maybe 3 times. Not a big deal if you are losing so don't worry about it!!! The less stress the better!!!!

Gward714
10-12-2010, 08:24 PM
My center told me that they have you use the sticks to make sure you don't go too deep into ketosis, meaning the really deep pink to purple. They don't want you burning fat to quickly I guess. You definitely will still lose without even showing trace so like they all said no need to worry bout it :)

Razorbackbritt
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the input! I feel better about it now.