100 lb. Club - can I get an honest opinion?

View Full Version : can I get an honest opinion?

ubergirl
10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Two photos wearing the same outfit-- one from late July, when I weighed about 190 and one from now, when I've been hovering around 187.

Do you see a difference? For some reason I think I look fatter in the more recent picture.

Lori Bell
10-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I think it's the lighting. The shadows are playing tricks on you. When I lightened up the 2nd one, you looked pretty much the same to me. :)

LoveRyGuy
10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
i think the lighting is the problem. Im not sure which is which, but the 2nd pic is more shadowy.

dudesmom
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I really have no idea because of the lighting and quality of the second picture. I would recommend taking a new one, and then try to compare.

fitkristi
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah, its the lighting and also the distance from the cameras lens.

ubergirl
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
the shadowy one is from July. The lighter one is now.

fitkristi
10-11-2010, 10:49 PM
If that is the case, then your perception might be off, because I thought you looked smaller in the lighter image. Again, a lot of it is lighting and camera angle, though.

Tai
10-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Even though one is shadowy; I think you look the same in both pics.

renstwin
10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Ditto Tai. I thought you looked equally great in both.

Loving Me
10-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Definitely the lighting, but I don't think you look any bigger in the recent pic.
When I do my comparison pics I try to find two not necessarily in the same outfit, but taken in the same place and with the same light. Gives a much better idea.

Teresa66
10-12-2010, 05:06 AM
I agree that it's the lighting and distance of the photo.

Eliana
10-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Oh my, I thought they were flipped. You're definitely smaller in the recent picture, particularly in the chest. I was wondering if it was a different bra.

time2lose
10-12-2010, 08:43 AM
I think that you look smaller in the recent picture but, as others have said, the lighting, distance from camera, angle, etc are not exactly the same so it is hard to judge.

Regardless of which picture it is, you are looking fantastic!

Jennifer 3FC
10-12-2010, 09:00 AM
You look great in both of them! The only difference I see is that your boobs look a little bigger in the darker one. :D Different bras? They can make you look totally different in the same outfit!

ubergirl
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks everybody!! I'm so sick of being stuck, and recently, I've just started feeling really fat again-- I think it's because I'm totally used to being this size now, so instead of being amazed at how little I am, I am back to focusing on how much is left....on the same scale, I'm about three pounds lighter now, but you know how it is with 3 pounds. A single bounce can erase it.

lovemyboy
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I honestly cannot tell because one is close and one is far away. The lighting is also different. How about with out clothes? Do thing look different then? Different underwear and bras can make clothes look different, even hairdos can . At any rate, you look great!

dragonwoman64
10-12-2010, 07:21 PM
yeah, you really are uber! you look great. 3 lbs would be tough to see on most people, me thinks.

if you bounce 3 lbs quickly, you know it's not fat. hang in there!

Lnoelparis
10-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Okay, I second the lighting factor. But putting it aside just for a moment, I tried to look at your neck, your chest, your arms and your shoulders.

You look tighter in the first (new) picture.

Your arms look thinner and your forearms at the crease at your elbow (the left one as I am looking straight at it, but it is probably really your right) shows a "bump" or "lump" before you get to the crease....this is "fat!" in your old pic! And now it is smoother and joins to your elbow nicer. Actually as I look at it longer I notice they are both like that! I hope that makes sense! :)

Second, your shoulders. The shoulder part of the top you have on does not sit well in the first pic...they stick up. Your shoulders are wider and the top is not your size. sorry...i hope you don't feel hurt, I am just scrutinizing the old pic! :) In the new pic while they are still up a little, they are starting to sit on your shoulders the way they are meant to be!

Lastly, your neck and chest ...your neck looks smaller and your chest has moved up from being at the sides under your armpits. Could be the bra or it could be you tightening up!

I think you are doing great! Keep up the pics, just try to take the pics in a more standard fashion....lighting, location, etc. So it is easier to see! Also are you taking your measurements? I think if you did, you would be able to measure it better! :)

Hope that helps!

Rosinante
10-13-2010, 03:18 AM
OK, I waited a day before I posted my reply, because I don't want to sound mean ... but you said you wanted an honest opinion so here it is:

You've lost a fantastic amount of weight. And from the neck down you look amazing. (I'm sure you look amazing from the neck up too, your photos just don't include your head ;D )
I've come across quite a few of your posts in other threads than this (not stalking you, just your titles on the home page seem to grab me) and a lot of them reflect a real angst/anxiety about where you've come to.

I know it's such a pain in the wotsit to keep going up and down the same 3 pounds, despite all your effort but:

:hug: Have a huge hug, and pause and draw breath and celebrate your great achievement. It IS true, you HAVE done it. Stop being so hard on yourself. Accept, believe, rejoice in what you've done. You are a success!

and no, the second photo does not look fatter than the first. :)

kaplods
10-13-2010, 03:58 AM
I don't do it now, because I think hubby would think I flipped my lid (he thinks I'm borderline eating disorder as it is), but when I was living with my parents and sisters, I marked off two lines of masking tape on the floor in the basement. One was where I was going to stand with my toes to the line, and a line for a family member to stand to take the photo (maybe 15 to 20 feet away). I wore the same outfit (white t-shirt, tucked into knit capris). My plan was to save them for a flipbook so I could "see" myself lose weight (a low-tech version of what you can see people do on youtube).

I wouldn't even let my dad take the photo it had to be my sisters or my mom because they're all between 4'11" and 5'1". Dad's nearly 6' and I figured it would change the angle of the photo too much.

Overkill I know, but it was awesome for seeing progress because each photo really was identical in every way except for my weight (eventually I would have had to replace the capris and t-shirt, but I didn't get to that point as I moved to another city and went off my diet before I had accumulated enough photos.

My long-winded point is that unless your posture, the height of your cameraman, the camera used, and the angle, lighting, and distance are essentially identical it's hard to really make a fair comparison. Not to mention that a 3 lb difference is going to be hard to see on anyone.

time2lose
10-13-2010, 08:38 AM
kaplods, You make me smile because I do something similar. When taking my pictures, I stand in the same spot and have my oldest son stand in his assigned spot, hold the camera at the level I chose and take my picture. I wish that I had started using the same clothes like you did!

caryesings
10-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I really didn't look at your pictures very closely after I read the text. I wouldn't expect to visually see any difference for 3 lbs. on a 5'8" frame.