Lighten Up! Feeling a little stressed out over your diet? This forum is for you! Laugh a little, relax, and take a load off!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #1  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Default Primping during Zumba

I have been taking Zumba classes for about two months now, my class is comprised of mostly women in their 40's and 50's, a few in their 20's and 30's.
None of us are glamorous or in super fit shape (which is why i love this class). Our main discussion before class starts is how best to keep the more unsightly patches of skin/fat from jiggling to much. Tonight, in walks a woman, late 40's, probably a size 4 and she PRANCES to the front center of the room and begins a series of complicated stretches. She then moves to the left thereby crowding me closer to the wall. I just looked at her and said, "Excuse me, but my luscious hips need a bit more room, can you move back down?" well the music starts and we get into the workout, after every song she stops walks over to the mirror and primps and fluffs her hair and adjusts the girls. I am very amused by this behavior seeing as there were no men in the class. She then stops about 40 minutes in and announces that she has to leave - she looks into the mirror one more time for a final primp and pranced back out of the room.
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

What in the world?!? I would bust a gut laughing if she were in my zumba class... I'm usually so red-faced and sweaty that it is obscene!

Last edited by fitkristi; 10-11-2010 at 09:36 PM.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

How weird! I've never taken a zumba class, but I could just imagine some girl primping in the mirror when you're supposed to be working out. I bet that was just funky!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitkristi View Post
What in the world?!? I would bust a gut laughing if she were in my zumba class... I'm usually so red-faced and sweaty that it is obscene!
Me too! I can feel EVERYTHING sweating..including my legs..and the last thing i'm worried about is how I look. She's probably so in love w/ herself its not funny....or on the other hand...very self conscious about how she looks.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #5  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

I'm with fitkristi and angelanicole. In fact, I might be so busy laughing that I couldn't zumba! I have an image of everyone rushing the mirror around here and primping, just to make fun. I guess I'm in a mood today!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #6  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

It was insane!! She would sort of look at everyone and if someone was looking at her she would fluff and do little dance moves and stretches. It was so funny. For my next class i seriously wanna come in a sports bra and spandax and jiggle all my sweaty rolls next to her!!!

I am thinking she has low self esteem and comes and takes the class because she is the thinnest one by far in the class, maybe it boosts her ego. who knows, it was funny though
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #7  
Hailey

S/C/G: 165/160/125

Height: 5'2

Hahaha! I love women like this! I've been taking zumba classes as well and I never understand why they come in with a face full of makeup. By the end of the class, eyeliner and mascara are running down their faces. All that's running from mine is sweat. Haha.
heshleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #8  
patience and perseverance

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

She would hate the class I take. There are no mirrors in the basketball court we do it in and last night the teacher turned off the lights and put out some colored portable lights. Like our own Zumba club.
JayLei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/232/175

Height: 5'9"

I think I would bust a gut too if she walked into our class...although we do have one instructor who watches herself more than the class...which does make me chuckle. I keep thinking that laughing as well as the exercise is good for me!! LOL
in2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #10  
banned

That's hilarious!
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #11  

too funny
shrinkingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote