Chicks up for a Challenge - Valentine Vixens

View Full Version : Valentine Vixens

hopefalls
10-11-2010, 08:23 PM
So, I was thinking that around Valentine's Day each year we are always thinking about everyone else. I think that this Valentine's Day we should think about ourselves and our personal goals. What are your goals? I would like to put a challenge together with either two teams, or we could do pairs depending on how many people we get. It would be a weight loss challenge, but I would also love for everyone to set a personal goal for themselves whether it be to run a mile, to fit into a size ten- whatever it is that you want to accomplish.

Our first weigh in will be Monday, November 1st. But if you want to get started ahead of time, feel free. Here are our weigh ins and I hope to post little mini-challenges throughout! I look forward to the challenge, ladies!

Would you prefer setting individual percentage goals, or setting an average target weight loss?

STARTING WEIGHT ON 10/25 =)
11/1
11/8
11/15
11/22
11/29
12/6
12/13
12/20
12/27
1/3
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14 FINAL WEIGH IN- HOORAY!

dudesmom
10-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm up for this, though I'm not quite sure what my personal goal will be yet. I was thinking about setting some goal to accomplish for my birthday, but this works out great because this ends 4 days before my 32nd birthday, and I will definitely feel more accountable if I have to post my progress in front of others! I love the idea of the mini challenges too, that could be pretty fun. Can't wait to get started!

Jelbelle
10-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Where do I sign up?!

I think it would be cooler to have an average target weight loss, though, would that apply to all the challengers or our specific teams/partnerships?

hopefalls
10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Dudesmom- I think this would be a great place to keep you accountable for your birthday goal =] I hope it will keep you accountable. I know challenges have done that for me in the past.

Jelbelle- You sign up here- just post your name and current weight (it will help in assigning more even teams), and I will assign teams later. I would love to hear what the participants ideas are as far as two-three larger teams or pairs/threesomes. As far as the goal, it would probably be one target goal everyone would try to reach: like maybe 3% or 5%, etc. =]

Rochester
10-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I'd like to join this challenge but I'm not certain what target goal to set.

My recommendation is to do teams rather than partners because people drop out of challenges all the time and a lot of people would end up partnerless.

I think it would be difficult to set an overall percentage goal, because percentages can vary greatly depending on one's weight. For example, if you start at 270 and lose 10, the percentage is 3.7, but if you start at 140 and lose 10, the percentage is 7.2. Same loss, vastly different percentage. Might it be easier to determine the winning team by the greatest number of pounds lost?

LiannaKole
10-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Sounds like fun!

Jelbelle
10-12-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree with Rochester, there could be some dropouts so bigger teams is probably the way to go, unless we don't have enough people signing up. But it still sounds like a really cool challenge so I'm in either way =)

hopefalls
10-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Okay, ladies. So I am thinking that the way we will do it is 3-4 teams. For now we will say three. I am going to try my best to divide the teams up evenly by weight, too. I think that we will track it by percentage, which I've done in several challenges that I've hosted before. My biggest problem with doing it by weight lost is that it is much easier for someone who is 250 pounds to lose ten pounds then it is for someone who weighs 140 pounds. It will be an overall team percentage, but we will definitely keep track of the individuals. You all will post your weight loss, and I will do everything else. Hopefully it will let me post some kind of spreadsheet =] I really look forward to doing this with all of you!

Nienna
10-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I'd like to join in, too! I would like to hit my goal weight by Valentine's Day. I'd also like to be able to run 15 km in one go by the end of the challenge. Right now I'm jogging a little over 5 km at a time. I might end up tweaking this goal as winter sets on, though; I've just moved, and I'm not quite sure how winter conditions here will affect my jogging routine. I might switch to a goal related to a winter sport, instead.

I'm not sure how well the following idea would work, but it might even the playing field when it comes to different starting weights: what if the winning team was the one which progressed the farthest towards its weight loss goals? E.g., my team has a combined weight loss goal for this challenge of 60 pounds and by Valentine's Day we have lost a combined 53 pounds. This would put us at completion of 88.33% of our stated goal, which would be used to determine our standing against other teams.

Like I said, I'm not sure how this would go over, and I'm not firmly attached to the idea. I'm sure that it has some drawbacks, but it would be something different from the usual percentage lost or pounds lost challenges.

What kinds of mini-challenges were you thinking of, hopefalls? Thanks for coming up with this challenge!

julie99s
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm in. Can you imagine what we can do in 16 weeks?!

Fit4Lyfe
10-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm totally in! I want to fit into a size 12 by the end date (I'm a size 18 now...so 4 sizes down) and I want to be able to run a 5k in 30 minutes (so around a 10 minute mile) put me down!

Oh I have a weight goal now: 34 lbs. in 17 weeks

STARTING WEIGHT ON 10/25 241. 8
11/1 244 (37 lbs./16 weeks)
11/8 241. 4 (34.4 lbs./15 weeks)
11/15 241.4 (34.4 lbs./14 weeks)
11/22 240.6 (33.6 lbs./13 weeks)
11/29 239 (32 lbs./12 weeks)
12/6 238.4 (31.4/11 weeks)
12/13 237.6
12/20
12/27
1/3
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14 FINAL WEIGH IN- HOORAY!

So I am putting my weigh-ins in here...so yea!

kellie105
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
count me in! Id like to lose 40 pounds....Febuary 12 is my husbands birthday so id love to be able to be 40 down by then

pokeycactus
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
I will do this also! I know my weight goal will be to be down 30 pounds from whatever my weight is on 11/1, as far as personal goal, not sure quite yet.

NurseSara
10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
I would like to join. I want to be a size 16 and lose 35 lbs.

kellie105
10-13-2010, 09:25 PM
where did everyone go? I am going to weigh in tomorrow because it will be the 14th. Anyone else?

Rochester
10-13-2010, 10:10 PM
where did everyone go? I am going to weigh in tomorrow because it will be the 14th. Anyone else?

The first weigh-in isn't until November 1.

kellie105
10-14-2010, 01:24 AM
yeah i know but i am going ahead and starting with my inital weight in. I havent been very good lately and and I am sure my starting weight will be higher than what it was previously. I will weigh for weightloss NOV 1

Janel83
10-14-2010, 01:36 AM
hey ladies! Im in! My hubby and I celebrate V-day EVERY year because his bday is near the date.

By this time I would like to be in my 6's and 8's. At least comfortable in all of my 8's. Im a 10-12 right now.

Also, I would like to run my 3 miles non stop instead of intervals.

hopefalls
10-14-2010, 05:55 AM
It is so great to see such a wonderful turnout so far. 10/25 will be the starting day for the challenge, so sometime by the 25th, please weigh in and have your goals set. Please post it. Now let me ask you ladies, would you prefer that it be done by percentage of weight loss, or would you like it to be done, as suggested, by the percentage of goal reached. Whatever the general consensus is we will go with. So how is everyone doing today? Good, I hope! Try to stay on plan and motivated. Think how AMAZING we will all look by Valentine's Day. I for one always want to get something cute from Victorias Secret, but always feel so self conscious. Enough of that!

So, here are our participants so far:

hopefalls
dudesmom
jelbelle
rochester
liannacole
nienna
julie99s
fit4lyfe
kellie105
pokeycactus
nursesara
janel83

ish
10-14-2010, 06:55 AM
I would love to participate too.

I'm 5'9" and I weigh about 218 today (hopefully around 216/215 by the 25th!)

I would love to weigh 185 by Valentine's Day. Do you think that's too ambitious? I find it's difficult to make realistic attainable goals since I'm only just starting out! :)

Thanks hopefalls!

Purplefirefly
10-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I want in as well! My birthday is the day after Valentine's so it is perfect for me. My goal is to be under 200 by my birthday, so that will be the goal for this challenge. I have been working on it for the last few weeks and am right on track for hitting it so believe it can be done.

hopefalls
10-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Ish- welcome to the challenge! I definitely think that you could be 185 by Valentines Day, as that is less than two pounds a week. Definitely realistic and something to strive for. If you don't make it there, at least you will have progressed towards your goal. The way I feel is that you can only give one hundred percent, as long as you did that you should be proud =] Welcome again!

Purplefirefly- Welcome as well! I am looking forward to having you as a part of this challenge as well. I actually just started up recently again, and am sure that we will all do great in this challenge.

hopefalls
10-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Ladies! How is everyone doing? Great I hope. So I have been doing a bit of thinking and I wanted you all to do a little thinking and soul searching. It's not so much a challenge, it isn't something you HAVE to do. But it helps me out on the days when I don't think that it is worth it. What are the reasons you want to lose weight? What are the reasons that you never want to go back? What have you overcome and what keeps you going?

My story:

In my younger years of my childhood I was extremely active, fit, and even skinny. For much of my childhood that is how I was. Of my sisters and I, I was the smallest. In my junior high/ senior high years I went through quite a bit and though I had never realized it at the time I do think this was the reason for my becoming less active. I had been in cross country and track and field and I dropped both of them. I became less active and the weight began to creep on. I didn't realize how much then.

I do remember taking one of those professional photos with two of my best girlfriends in high school at prom and I remember seeing what I looked like. I remember being embarrassed and sad- that had never been what I saw looking in the mirror. When I was 19 I finally decided that enough was enough. I went on the Atkins diet and I began running again. I loved running and it reminded me of the way that I felt about it in my younger years. I don't know exactly what weight I had gotten down to, probably close to my weight now as I am in the same size.

At this time I still hadn't dealt with my issues from junior high school. I had suffered from sexual abuse at the hand of one of my older cousins, something that I had kept bottled up for at least 2-3 years. I had talked about it, but I'd never really forgiven myself. So, I began to deal with the issues in my early twenties. Down to the core, and forgave myself- even though it wasn't my fault! I had never realized this before, but the same time I was experiencing these things in junior high was the onset of my first weight gain. I hadn't had self worth and never realized that my weight had anything to do with it.

After I got together with my fiance, I slowly began to adopt some of his unhealthy habits: eating fried foods late at night, going out and drinking. I was in my twenties, isn't that what they did? It didn't all hit until I was shopping with my sister for her wedding dress and I was looking through pictures. I was SO apalled at the way that I looked. But it couldn't be that bad, could it? So, I stepped on the scale and in shock I stepped off of it and on it again, waiting for the number to change. It didn't. The reality was that I was 209 pounds. I cried. And I decided that enough was enough. That wasn't the person that I wanted to be. That was two years ago.

And I have had my struggles along the way, plateaus. Periods of unhealthy eating or lack of exercise. But I have realized them and I correct it. The goal weight that I had set for myself was 140 pounds on day one, and it is FINALLY within reach.

Some of the things that keep me going on those hard days:

I never want to feel helpless again
I want to be a fit and active mother
I want to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see
I love knowing that I haven't used my inhaler in over a year
I love knowing that I have inspired some around me to battle their own weight issues
I love feeling a confidence in myself
I love the feeling that I can conquer so much more now (that I never would have before)
I want to be a role model

If any of you would like to share I would love to hear it, and if not- do it for yourself. You'll be amazed with what you discover. Have a great night, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend planned :hug:

fatmac
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM
I'd like to join!

Current weight: 171

Goal weight: 135 (holy **** that's my goal weight! this means I could be at goal by Valentine's day!)

JackieHollow
10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I would love to join in also!! My current weight is 269. I'm not sure yet what my personal goal will be. I have to think on it a bit. :D I would like to lose 49 lbs by then, which puts me 1/2 way to my goal. I don't know how "doable" it is, but I'ma gunna try!

kirara982
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm relatively new around 3FC, but I adore the community here! I think it would be best to do it in terms of percentage of goal reached, as someone else suggested.

Starting Weight: 136
Goal Weight: 125

Good luck everyone! :P

Purplefirefly
10-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Okay, I have determined my goals for the challenge:

1. Get under 200 pounds.
2. Complete the C25K program.

I know the first one may be a bit out of reach, but I like to aim high to really push myself. If I just get close I will be ecstatic! I know #2 is realistic since the program is only 9 weeks, gives me plenty of room to repeat weeks as I am sure I will need to.

I'm going to weigh in now and give myself an unofficial 1 week start on the weight goal:

Unofficial Starting Weight, 10/18/10: 270.2
Goal Weight by Valentines: 199
Pounds to Lose: 71.2

ma26
10-18-2010, 10:28 AM
I would love to join the challenge. I would like to be at goal by valentines day.

ma26
10-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Hopefalls- I think you alreay have become a role model. You have managed to do something few can do. That is tonlook at yourself and your led anecdote struggles and identify the root of you eating issues. And you have looked it dead on an confronted it. Well done. And congratulations on the incredible weight loss you have accomplished!

highcidity
10-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Please add me to this challenge...I would like to reach 115...currently I am 141.5

hopefalls
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Valentine Vixens

Hey ladies! I hope that you all had a great weekend. Did you eat well and get in your exercise? I made it to the gym twice, but we celebrated my birthday so I was a bit off plan this weekend, which I expected. Anyhow, I have compiled a list of all of the people who have signed up so far. Look for your name to be sure that your goals are correct, and if you haven't made your goals get thinking. The last day to sign up is the 25th, which will be our starting weight weigh-in day. I want everyone to have a weight loss goal for the challenge, since we are going to go by percentage of goal reached, and I'd like everyone to have a personal goal. A personal goal could be to eat healthier, to complete a 5k, or some other exercise/health related goal. Look below at others for ideas =) I am looking forward to starting this and hope you will, too.

I plan on having three teams as of right now, and they will be assigned after the 25th when everyone has weighed in to try to balance the teams. Anyone have any cute ideas for team names? I would love to hear them! Hope everyone has a great Monday, and don't hesitate with your ideas, thoughts, or comments.

Participants
hopefalls
1.Goals: to weigh 139, to wear a size 8, to run a 29 minute 5K.
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

dudesmom
1.Goals: NEEDS WEIGHT LOSS GOAL, PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

jelbelle
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

rochester
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

liannacole
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

nienna
1.Goals: NEEDS WEIGHT LOSS GOAL, run 15km
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

julie99s
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

fit4lyfe
1.Goals: NEEDS WEIGHT LOSS GOAL, fit into a size 12, run a 5k in 30 minutes
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

kellie105
1.Goals: to lose 40 pounds, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

pokeycactus
1.Goals: lose 20 pounds, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

nursesara
1.Goals: to lose 30 pounds, to be a size 16
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

janel83
1.Goals: NEEDS WEIGHT LOSS GOAL, to wear a 6/8, to run 3 miles non-stop
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

ish
1.Goals: to weigh 185, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

purplefirefly
1.Goals: to weigh 199, to complete the c25k program
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

fatmac
1.Goals: to weight 135, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

jackiehollow
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

kiara982
1.Goals: to weight 125, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

ma26
1.Goals: to weigh 155, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

highcidity
1.Goals: to weigh 115, NEEDS PERSONAL GOAL
2.Starting weight:
3.Team:

pokeycactus
10-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks for putting this all together! :)

My personal goal will be to run an entire 5k. I can walk/run one now, but can't actually run the whole thing. I'd like to get to that point!

fatmac
10-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Hmmm... I'm having a hard time figuring out a personal goal!

It probably will have something to do with running. But, I HATE running on the treadmill and since this challenge ends in the dead of winter, I'm not sure how I'll do in the "off season." I will keep thinking, though!

And yeah, thanks for putting this all together!

kirara982
10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
kiara982

It's actually KiRara982, there are two "r"s :P

This weekend wasn't so great for me, and my Y pass expired on the 15th. But I've eaten well today, and I'll be getting a new pass and back on track ASAP!

For my personal goals, I'd like to be able to run a mile (I can't even run around the block D: ). I'd also like to log ALL of my food, EVERY day.

Thanks so much for putting this all together, hopefalls. If you need help with any of the organization or anything, I've got the free time! So feel free to message me. =)

Rochester
10-18-2010, 09:44 PM
You're rocking the organization, hopefalls! :cp:

Ok, my goals.

With a 1.4# loss per week, I could be at 189 by February 14. So, I'll set my weight goal as "in the 180s."

Personal goal? I want to wear a dress and not look lumpy and old. Maybe this one (http://www.unique-vintage.com/heartbreaker-black-white-dolly-houndstooth-corduroy-collared-dress-p-5515.html).

JackieHollow
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
My goal is to weigh 245.
My personal goal is to start and complete some sort of timed exercise program (such as c25k, 30day shred, etc)
My starting weight is 269.

sha25
10-18-2010, 10:10 PM
I like the idea of this! I would like to be a part of this challenge too!!

Goal weight: 158 (about 22lb loss)
Personal goal: I would love to fit into my old clothes that have been packed away for too many years...I think I want to give this some thought though and maybe have it be more fitness based.

Let me know if I am too late for the sign up..

julie99s
10-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I hope in 16 weeks I can lose at least 35 lbs. Sounds totally reasonable. So I'd like to be in the 190s by then. Sounds weird to say :)

For personal goal, I want to make sure I am logging E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I struggle with it some days and I want it to be complete habit by the end of this.

Laureedee
10-19-2010, 07:11 PM
I'd like to join too! I want to be at my goal weight by around then so I guess I'll just stick with that, 143lbs. My personal goal is to be able to run two miles straight; right now I can do about a mile, but only in 1/4 mile spurts.

hopefalls
10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
I am glad all of you ladies are liking the setup of this challenge! I love having your input =) I am really looking forward to the 25th when we can all weigh in so that I can assign the teams. I think this is going to be great for everyone involved! Thank you for the congrats on my organization- I think that it's best in these kind of challenges!

fatmac- Take your time on your personal goal. No rush at all!

kirara982- it's all fixed! Sorry about that, I knew I was sure to make at least one mistake =) Good luck on getting back to the Y, I think that it helps so much to be accountable for yourself. I may hold you up on the help for organization, I will definitely let you know. I start my new job the 25th, so it will definitely be an interesting time!

Rochester- I'm glad that you like the organization. I also think that dress is absolutely beautiful! Definitely nice to have clothes to aim towards wearing and looking good in. When I first started losing weight I used to buy a hot pair of jeans a size down as incentive, and I was always itching to slip into them!

JackieHollow- Great goals! It is always a great feeling to complete some kind of fitness program. Let me know which one you do! Maybe we can get some other people to complete programs such as C25K, 30 Day Shred, or other programs. It would be great to have people doing it alongside you

Sha25- Welcome to the challenge! We are happy to have you :hug:

Julie99s- Ahhh! That would be amazing if you could make it to onederland by February 14th. It is an AMAZING feeling when you reach that goal. I am very excited for the possibilities for you!

Laureedee- Welcome to the challenge as well! I hope that you find this as a great support group to get to your goals!

ish
10-20-2010, 07:00 AM
:D I already love this challenge so much! I can't wait for our official start date!

Hopefalls, I hate to be a total pain, but would you mind if I changed my weight goal? I originally had 185, but now I'm worried that might be a little too ambitious. Could you put "in the 180s" for me too? (I'm totally copying Rochester)

Rochester - what's going on?! Are we twins or something? Nice to "meet" someone who's in the same place aiming for the same thing! I hope we're on the same team! Keep up the good work! :)

Nienna
10-20-2010, 07:54 AM
hopefalls, for my weight loss goal, I'd like to get to 110 pounds. I'll post my starting weight on Friday; I think I have about 25 pounds to lose, but I'm not entirely sure at the moment. I'd also like to add to my personal goal. I still want to run 15 km, but I'd also like to make it a goal to be able to comfortably swim 750 m by the end of the challenge.

Thanks so much for organizing this! I'm also more than willing to help out if you need any extra hands!

ish
10-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Ooops, I almost forgot my personal goal. Maybe it sounds simple but my personal goal is to "stick with it" until at least the end of the challenge. I've never lost more than five pounds or so before giving up, and I'm about there now. I am determined to let myself see some significant progress this time!

Personal goal: stick with it

Thanks, hopefalls :)

ish
10-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Ooops, I almost forgot my personal goal. Maybe it sounds simple but my personal goal is to "stick with it" until at least the end of the challenge. I've never lost more than five pounds or so before giving up, and I'm about there now. I am determined to let myself see some significant progress this time!

Personal goal: stick with it

Thanks, hopefalls :)

smith1313
10-20-2010, 11:12 PM
:goodvibes I would love to join if you will have me.....Although I will be on vacation starting 25th and will be back in town the 1st. I would like to be down to 150 and be able to run 4 miles....

Rochester
10-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Rochester - what's going on?! Are we twins or something? Nice to "meet" someone who's in the same place aiming for the same thing! I hope we're on the same team! Keep up the good work! :)

Hi ish! That is totally groovy. :D It would be awesome to be on the same team. Good luck with your journey to wellness.

Nienna
10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so I just wanted to post my starting weight before I leave! I doubt that I will be online at all until next Saturday.

Starting Weight on 10/22: 134 lb

Good luck, ladies!

hopefalls
10-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Ladies! Happy Weekend! I hope that you are all doing great! I have begun putting a spreadsheet together for our lovely challenge for teams, that way I don't have to calculate everything each time. The spreadsheet will do it for me =D I have a lot going on, I start a new job on Monday... so if you guys want you can begin posting your starting weights anytime from now-Monday. Be sure that with your starting weight you also at least have your goal weight for the end of the challenge, too as I also need to put that in the spreadsheet. I am looking forward to this challenge!

Monday or Tuesday I will be posting the teams, and also I hope that I will be posting a mini-challenge to get us all on track. Hope to hear from you awesome ladies soon. And anyone else- you still have until Monday to join! <3 Have a fab weekend!

Rochester
10-23-2010, 10:21 AM
So excited that this challenge is about to begin! :carrot:

SW = 210
GW = somewhere in the 180's (if you need an exact figure for spreadsheet purposes, let's say 185 :))

Good luck with the new job, hopefalls!

kirara982
10-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Weighed in this morning at 136, so I'll use that as my starter.

SW = 136
GW = 125

Hope your first day goes well! :D

hopefalls
10-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the early weigh ins, ladies! I really appreciate it. I am working on piecing the teams together, and will do so as people weigh in. Still not sure on whether there will be two or three teams, it depends on how many people weigh in and give their weight goals by Monday/Tuesday. I am hoping for at least twenty!

So, funny story ladies. I was at my mom's today, and I'm not sure how many of you know that I am engaged. Well, I wanted to try on my wedding gown to see how it fit and to show my dad what it looked like. So I tried it on and it was still snug in the narrowest part of my waist which was odd. I had just tried on bridesmaid dresses with my best friend and a 10 fit me perfectly. My dress was a ten so we thought that we would check it just to be sure. Well, the price tag said that it was a ten. But inside the dress? It's an eight! Which would mean that it is actually a six in normal sizes, which means I am on my way to wearing a SIX! My goal for this challenge was to fit a size eight. Guess I'm changing that to a six, ladies! Hope that you are all having a wonderful beginning to your weekend!

Maybe sometime I will post photos of when I first tried on the dress- though the first photos I was a few pounds heavier. Still love it, though!

scribble
10-24-2010, 06:38 AM
This sounds like a great challenge. I would like to join, please.
I weighed 159 last week, and will weigh in again this morning, so I'll post that later.
I'd like to weigh 147 by Valentine's Day.
For my personal goal, I'd like to run a 5K. But to make it doubly challenging, I'd like to run it with my 12 and 14-year-old daughters.
Which means I have to train with Grumpy and Grouchy. (They aren't
always grumpy and grouchy, but they certainly are when running.)
Thanks for setting up this challenge. I love the team idea.

hopefalls
10-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Scribble- Welcome to the challenge! We are glad to have you, I hope that you enjoy the challenge. When you weigh in just let me know that way I know what to put on the spreadsheet. Good luck with running with your daughters!

fatmac
10-24-2010, 09:05 AM
SW: 174.6 :mad:
GW: 139

Time to buckle down!

hopefalls
10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
fatmac- No worries on the gain, hun! We've all been there. Now is the perfect time to buckle down and make the right choices. We have the same target weight for the end of the end of the challenge, too. I hope that you have a great week!

Muffentop
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I would like to join, too, please! This sounds like a great challenge, and I especially appreciate that it will get us through the holidays focused on our weight loss.

SW: 197.6
GW: 172.6

My personal goal is to complete the C25K. I'm not a runner right now, so this would be a huge accomplishment for me.

Thanks hopefalls for putting this challenge together! Congrats & good luck on the new job.

JackieHollow
10-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Weighed in this morning at 268.2. Goal weight by Vday is 244. That's 1.5 lbs a week. Surely I can manage that.

FitVixen
10-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi there! I would like to join the challenge. I'm currently at 169.5 and want to lose 30 pounds by Valentine's Day (139 pounds).

FitVixen
10-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh and my personal goal is to exercise 4-5 days a week (most likely walking & weight training). I hope I'm not too late to join! Thank you and thank you for doing the work to put it all together.

FitVixen
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Just read about the sizing mishap with your wedding dress. Very funny and a great incentive for your weightloss goal. Congrats on the new job as well!

julie99s
10-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Cw: 228
Gw: 198

theresac
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh, this challenge sounds lovely! And it takes us past the winter holidays too, which is great. I've been off dieting and off 3fc under doctor's orders, but now that I'm back, I'm excited to start off with a challenge!

Starting weight: 208
Goal weight: 180
Personal goal: take 100k steps between now and Valentine's Day

NurseSara
10-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi Ladies! I'm so excited for this challenge to start! So I have a story to share. Last year I bought a Halloween costume for this year at an after Halloween sale, it was only $10 I couldn't refuse. It was two sizes smaller. I told myself I would lose weight by next year. Well, I got it out of storage this weekend and tried it on. It is so big it doesn't touch me, it just hangs there. I was so thrilled!!! I don't even care that I have to buy a new one; it is so worth it :)

Oh, and my starting weight for the challenge is 252.2.

smith1313
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I would like to join, too, please! This sounds like a great challenge, and I especially appreciate that it will get us through the holidays focused on our weight loss.

SW: 197.6
GW: 172.6

My personal goal is to complete the C25K. I'm not a runner right now, so this would be a huge accomplishment for me.

Thanks hopefalls for putting this challenge together! Congrats & good luck on the new job.

I'm not a runner either but I'm going to try!!! Best of luck to you and hope your burn the rubber off your tennies!!

smith1313
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM
SW - 172.5
GW - 150

hopefalls
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
muffentop- Welcome to the challenge! So glad that you've joined us. We're getting a lot of new folks this weekend and it is great to see. I hope that everyone makes it through the holidays well, I know it is a hard time of year! And I also know that a lot of challenges end around the end of the year. I hope that having a closeknit and long term group will help! I hope that you do great with the C25K, I know that you can do it! There are a lot of others planning to do this. Hopefully you will all find great encouragement here!

jackiehollow- Thanks for weighing in! I can't wait to assign the teams, and I am sure that you can make your goal with some hard work. Good luck, hun!

fitvixen- Welcome to the challenge! You will do great. We both have the same goal weight for the end of this challenge, and I hope that we can encourage each other to do it :-) I am trying to make it to the gym 4-5 times a week and I think I am going to start doing the 30 day shred before work. Good luck! Haha, and yes it was definitely an extra incentive about the sizing mishap, knowing that I have made it even farther as far as size than I ever thought that I could. Starting on my journey I just wanted to reach an 8, and knowing that I've accomplished that is a great feelling.

julie99s- Thanks for the weigh in, and good luck with the challenge!

theresac- Welcome to the challenge, we are glad to have you! The more the merrier! It is great that you are able to get back into it, and I am sure the challenge will be great motivation for you!

nursesara- That is such a great story! That you bough a costume last year that was too small, and not it is way too big on you. Awesome! I love hearing stories like that. I bet shopping for your costume will be a blast! I will probably be buying one this coming weekend for our friend's party the first weekend in November. Let me know what you end up buying!

smith1313- Thanks for your weigh in, hun, and good luck with the weight loss. Good luck with getting into the running... plenty of other runners to get encouragement from =)

I hope you all have a great start to your week! I start the new job tomorrow, and think that I am going to wake up early and start trying to do the 30 Day Shred every morning and make it to the gym four times a week. Wish me luck, ladies! Be sure to keep us all updated on how you are doing!

sha25
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Starting Weight: 180
Goal Weight: 158

I could be passed my original goal by the end of this challenge.. My original goal is 164 and then figured I would reevaluate it from there. I'd be super happy with either one or somewhere in between... That would be awesome!! My weight loss has really slowed down though!!

Fit4Lyfe
10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Whoa between work and midterms, alot has happened in this thread and I've missed it! Okay so today I weighed in at 241.8 and I'm looking to lose about 30 lbs. by the big V-day (though since I just broke it off with the man, I'm not sure for whom...but I digress) and so that puts my goals at:

CW: 241.8
GW: 211
Personal Goal: Run my 5k at 30 minutes

That's it ladies! I'm excited!

highcidity
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Super excited for this challenge!

my SW is 139. My personal goal is to continue and make it a habit to work out 5-6x a week.

acire
10-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey ladies, I hope it's not too late for me to join in on the challenge.

I've been a member of this online community for way too long. I have joined challenges and have failed or not committed myself to the end.

I am 25 and am the same weight I was when I first started, ridiculous!!!

I plan on applying for school next year and NEED to be accountable for myself.

Last night, I went to a salsa club with my roommate and every couple of minutes a guy would ask her to dance, did anyone ask me? NOPE!!!

I'm doing to for me, I know I didn't feel comfortable there because I'm not comfortable with myself in group situations. I feel as though someone is judging me all the time.

Wow, it felt good getting that out and being honest with myself... so I am weighed in, and accept the fact that as of today I weight 244.2 pounds, I hope to NEVER see that umber on the scale ever again!!!!

My goalin these next 3 1/2 months is to weigh 219.2 (yes I like even numbers and being accountalbe for every 0.1 lb), any more and I'm happy, but I feel like ~25 lbs is attainable!!

ghostgirl811
10-24-2010, 08:59 PM
count me in!
sw: 240
gw: at or almost to ONEderland

FitVixen
10-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Ladies! I've set my goal for 30 pounds less by Valentine's Day and FitDay is trying to convince me its not a realistic goal. Hmmmmm...I'm going to enjoy proving it wrong. The way I look at it, even if I only lose 10, 15 or 20 pounds, it will be a huge accomplishment. Going full force for the 30 pounds though. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

IslandVet
10-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone!! I think I found this just in time :)
I would really love to join in the challenge if there is still time!

Starting weight: 184
Weight goal: I'm going to be a bit ambitious and say 158 (a 15% weight loss for me and a total of 26 lbs)
Personal goal: RUN 2 charity 5Ks (1 in Jan and 1 in Feb)

I am sooo excited to think that I might actually be in the 150s by the end of this!

hopefalls
10-25-2010, 06:12 AM
sha25- I am so glad this challenge may bring you past your original goal weight. What an awesome feeling! I am hoping at the end of this challenge (hopefully before) to reach my goal weight! So exciting =)

fit4lyfe- Thanks for the weigh in. I think this will be a great challenge for all of us that invest in it. Am going to try to think up some little mini-challenges along the way.

highcidity- Thanks for weighing in, girl. I am sure that you will do great!

acire- I am very glad that you have been open and honest. It is so important to be honest with yourself. You can do this, and you will. If you need any extra motivation to keep you on track along the way, send me a personal message. You are going to do GREAT!

ghostgirl811- Thanks for weighing in, for the spreadsheet I have to put a goal weigh in so I put it at 199. If you would like it changed, let me know, okay =)

Fitvixen- I totally agree. We can ALL do this, especially if we encourage each other along the way!

islandvet- We are glad to have you! I know you will feel great when you hit 150 =)

scribble
10-25-2010, 07:25 AM
sw 159

personal goal : run 5k with kids

I ran 2 miles and lifted weights before coming to work this morning. Thanks for the motivating challenge, Hopefalls. I think it will be fun!

ish
10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Ugh, I've been so pumped to begin this challenge and stick with it all the way, and here I am, on day one, feeling all discouraged with a super bad case of "I give up, I just can't do this."

This morning marked two weeks of a full sustained effort, longer than I've ever stuck at this, in my two years of trying to lose the weight I gained in college. Well, I thought I found a reliable way to measure my progress, the scale in my apt. is wonky in some areas, but I thought I had found a consistent place to leave it. Things were looking good, I was losing steadily, and the water weight was coming off - 9 pounds as of yesterday morning! This morning I weighed on the same scale in a "better location" (I wanted a really accurate weigh in for the challenge - something perfect) and it's reading that I'm weighing my start weight of two weeks ago! I know I've lost weight these two weeks, I went form overeating horribly to counting calories perfectly and I can tell I've lost a little on my tummy even, and I know I didn't weigh more than 220 to begin with (I had many doctors checkups before I began my work abroad - insurance, visas, etc.) so I guess I'm just feeling totally deflated and like I don't know how to stick with this without the scale! I know people do measurements but that just isn't me. I'm a daily weigher, I haven't lost weight but I'd been making sure I at least didn't gain for about a year.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. I guess I'm just at a loss. I totally went off plan today too because of it (McDonald's for dinner style "eff it" when I don't even really like McDonalds) and now I'm feeling awful. I don't know how I can lose this weight if I can't weigh myself daily, which I can't.

Weigh in: 220
Weight goal: at least 189
Peronal goal: stick with this

:(

julie99s
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
Ugh, I've been so pumped to begin this challenge and stick with it all the way, and here I am, on day one, feeling all discouraged with a super bad case of "I give up, I just can't do this."

This morning marked two weeks of a full sustained effort, longer than I've ever stuck at this, in my two years of trying to lose the weight I gained in college. Well, I thought I found a reliable way to measure my progress, the scale in my apt. is wonky in some areas, but I thought I had found a consistent place to leave it. Things were looking good, I was losing steadily, and the water weight was coming off - 9 pounds as of yesterday morning! This morning I weighed on the same scale in a "better location" (I wanted a really accurate weigh in for the challenge - something perfect) and it's reading that I'm weighing my start weight of two weeks ago! I know I've lost weight these two weeks, I went form overeating horribly to counting calories perfectly and I can tell I've lost a little on my tummy even, and I know I didn't weigh more than 220 to begin with (I had many doctors checkups before I began my work abroad - insurance, visas, etc.) so I guess I'm just feeling totally deflated and like I don't know how to stick with this without the scale! I know people do measurements but that just isn't me. I'm a daily weigher, I haven't lost weight but I'd been making sure I at least didn't gain for about a year.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. I guess I'm just at a loss. I totally went off plan today too because of it (McDonald's for dinner style "eff it" when I don't even really like McDonalds) and now I'm feeling awful. I don't know how I can lose this weight if I can't weigh myself daily, which I can't.

Weigh in: 220
Weight goal: at least 189
Peronal goal: stick with this

:(

:hug: Hang in there ish. Have you recently started working out, or working out more? Are you eating enough? Did you try weighing yourself in the original location? If you notice you're smaller, your pants are looser, etc, then try not to worry too much. Have you been measuring?

In 2.5 months I've lost 8 lbs. I worried after the first month, but I am losing inches, I have more energy, I downright feel better, and my eating habits have gotten much better. And no matter what the scale says, that is success. Don't let your scale be your only measure of success.

Hang in there and we are all here for you.

smith1313
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
dh set the treadmill up and we are racing frantically trying to get ready for our vacation.....

Purplefirefly
10-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Hopefalls - Wonderful story about the wedding dress! You are going to be so beautiful on the big day because the happiness and pride will come from within. Great work!

NurseSara - won't it be awesome when you are at your goal weight and can purchase clothes and costumes for next year or another season knowing it will fit because your weight is stable and healthy? That is what I can't wait for....loved your costume story!

I'm not a runner either but I'm going to try!!! Best of luck to you and hope your burn the rubber off your tennies!!

I am not a runner either but my goal is to finish C25K. It's going to be challenging, but I am determined. Nice to have company in the challenge.

I'm doing to for me, I know I didn't feel comfortable there because I'm not comfortable with myself in group situations. I feel as though someone is judging me all the time.

Wow, it felt good getting that out and being honest with myself...

we have a lot in common. I always feel very awkward and withdrawn in social situations, especially like the situation you are in. I am just not comfortable with myself so I know I am turning others off and pushing them away on the mental level. It's time to get confident and beautiful again. We deserve it! You should go back to that salsa club at the end of the month in a new outfit that fits your new body and see how different it feels.

Purplefirefly
10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Starting Weight: 277.0
Goal Weight: 199

If I don't hit this goal I will be okay, I just need a big goal to keep motivation. getting under 200 is what I want more than anything, so I will keep my eye on that and get as close as possible. I am hoping to hit it though! I think it is possible.

KimL1214
10-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Could I join in?

SW: 252.4
GW: 217.4

I'd like to be able to run a 12 minute mile by Valentine's Day and comfortably fit into some size 18's, possibly 16's???

pokeycactus
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
CW: 205
GW: 180 by Valentine's Day

Thanks!!!! :)

IslandVet
10-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Ish - Hang in there!! I'm a daily weigher, too. I know from experience that the body is a very strange machine. You may weigh again tomorrow and be right back at 211. I use my daily weight as motivation ONLY. If I go down I get super excited, but if I go up I try not to think too much about it. It's crazy how much we fluctuate. One trick I learned for us daily weigh-in chicks is to track daily weight, but also track a 5 day average. That average is a much more accurate indication of where you are really at. Don't get discouraged, just think of all we can accomplish before Feb 14th. If today sucked, screw it and start over tomorrow! Oh yeah, and my scale is a total POS. "Luxury" stuff like bathroom scales costs loads here, so all I could afford is a second-hand old school scale. It only has a slash for every 2 pounds, so I can only be so accurate with my weigh-ins. It's frustrating, but it just makes me want to work that much harder to make those 2 pound leaps! Good luck!!

hopefalls
10-25-2010, 07:55 PM
ish- Sweetie, try not to be so hard on yourself. I know that it can be frustrating when you step on the scale, you have been working so hard, and the number isn't what you expect. To even have a gain like that. But it is one day- do you weigh at the same time everyday? I have found that makes a huge difference as well. My weight fluxuates as much as 5-8 pounds in a day. I try not to judge myself based on the number that I see, it is just a reference point when I have been off track. If I have been eating on plan, if I have been working out and if I feel better and healthier I know that I am making the right choices. If you need specific help with you plan let me know- I'd be interested to see what you have been eating and what your workout schedule is like. Send me a PM if you want and I'd be happy to try to offer some encouragement and one on one support. Because I have been there during my journey! The thing is you may not have done perfect today, but remember day one is still only ONE day of your journey. You will have many more to make up for today! Keep your chin up and try not to be so hard on yourself!

Purple firefly- Thanks for your comments about my dress- I am so looking forwad to showing off this body that I've been working on for TWO years- by then nearing on three years. I'd love to be at my original goal weight of 140 by Christmas, and maintaining 135-140 all the way through valentines day. You are going to do great and I think that it is awesome that you are setting your sights high. You can do it! And if not by the end of the challenge, I am sure it won't take you too long afterwards.

islandvet- I am a daily weigher too, and try to only use it as motivation. How do you weigh on such an old scale? We bought the cheapest digital scale which was a little less than twenty. It definitely keeps me focused =)

So, how was everyone else's day? I hope everyone did well. I was going to start the 30 day shred today, but with it being my first day I wanted to have time. I may start it tomorrow morning or next Monday. But I had a great good day, everything was healthy. I didn't overeat. I think this schedule will be great for me because now I can head straight from work to the gym and not have time to eat, come home and eat a late dinner and then head to bed soon after. I did get in a great gym session- 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes upper body strength training. If you didn't do well today, what will you do tomorrow to make it better?

Jelbelle
10-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Forgot to check in on this thread, school is getting hectic lately =( not liking it one bit, but I did just weigh in today, so I'm ready to start, but I don't know what I should set my goal at, February is a while away yet. I'll set it at 190 for now =) thanks kirara!

SW: 212
CW: 212
GW: 190

kirara982
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Hm, Jelbelle, I'm not sure about a goal. Between now and Valentine's Day is about 3.5 months or 14ish weeks. So, if you were to lose 1 lb/week, you'd reach 198. I don't know if you typically lose more/less than that, but that gives you something to base your goal on.

Also, I was looking at your profile and I think we must be twins. I'm also 5'6", originally from Michigan, my birthday is December 1st and I have a destro lock. xD

Jelbelle
10-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Also, I was looking at your profile and I think we must be twins. I'm also 5'6", originally from Michigan, my birthday is December 1st and I have a destro lock. xD

Hahaha! Really? That's crazy! Locks are the best =P it's nice to have a twinkie! =)

meoc7197
10-26-2010, 07:12 AM
I am so glad that I found this thread. I am doing slim in 6 and ordered Chalean Extreme as my next program. I am going to be beginning it Nov 17 and figured my 90 days would be ending Valentine's day so this challenge will be perfect to keep me going!
CW 165
GW 135

I do have to say 165 was my last weigh in and I haven't weighed in 1.5 weeks. I made dh take the scale away from me because I was getting obsessed. SO I may be a few pounds lighter. I weigh in on 10/31 next.

hopefalls
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Okay ladies, teams have been assigned! See who your teammates will be, encourage each other. It is not just a challenge to see who loses the most weight, it is to see who can encourage each other. I am sure that there will be more tweaks to the spreadsheet but teams will not be changing and nobody else will be added to the challenge- I've done so about ten times already haha. I am very excited!

So how was your day? Okay, so I have a challenge for the remainder of this week through next week. Resist one temptation per day, or do one thing to go above and beyond for your health. Was it getting an extra serving of fruits/veggies in? Getting that extra five minutes of cardio in? Whatever it is, do it for YOU!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/hopefalls2003/Jen-weight%20loss/vixensfinal.jpg

Purplefirefly
10-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I think for the rest of the week I will give up my comfy morning on the couch watching TV for a morning exercise session. i did that one day this week and it felt so good. This is the perfect mini challenge to start making that a habit.

Let's Go Team Cupid!

JackieHollow
10-26-2010, 09:26 PM
WOOO HOOO!! I can "identify" with cupid... Cute lil fat guy all about love... ;) That's me to a t (well, except I'm a gal. LOL) GO TEAM CUPID!!!

It was a little disheartening to see I'm the biggest one in the challenge. But that's ok. I promise to do my team proud!!!

pokeycactus
10-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Hopefalls, thanks so much for organizing this whole thing! I am excited to get to know everyone and start slimming down as a group! If we all meet our goals, we'll lose nearly 700 pounds!!! Let's do this!

pokeycactus
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Jackie, woo we're on the same team! Can't wait to get to know you better. :)

JackieHollow
10-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Rachel, your screen name totally cracks me up! :D I put up a ticker in my siggy, just for this challenge. I plan to blow my goal out of the water!! I can't wait to get to know you better!

I'm in the process of making a new "journal" on paper... so I can view it at a glance. I have monthly calendars to write in "special days" (holidays, birthdays, special eating out days, etc) that might be a trial on my calorie counting. I've decided to do calorie cycling, so everyday I will have in the month long calendar the amount of calories I'm allowed that day. Also on the month calendar I'll write in my weight everyday (since I weigh everyday LOL) and highlight in some way the days TOM is here, and the days I exercise.
Then right behind the monthly calendar will be a weekly one. In these, I will put my weekly menu (I usually don't plan days, but since I'm doing calorie cycling I can put the higher caloric recipes on my "up" days), plus my exercise goals for the week.
Then after that will be my journal for the week. Which will include my food diary, activity diary, moods, whatever. On the cover of the 3ring binder, I'm goin gto paste a bunch of pictures of things that I'm looking forward to doing when I'm goal or closer to goal. So that will be my "inspiration" board.

Hopefully that will help me to keep on track and be a huge asset to team Cupid!

meoc7197
10-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Hopefalls thanks so much for getting this challenge started. I am looking fwd to getting to know you all and becoming a loser with you all!

Jellytot
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi ladies I would like to join in the challenge?
SW 200
GW 180

pokeycactus
10-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Jackie, that is terrific planning! You mention putting pics of activities on the cover of your binder - what are some of those activites? I think that sounds like great motivation. And I'm glad my username makes you laugh - it makes me laugh too! There is a crazy amount of pokey cacti in Arizona!

JackieHollow
10-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Well, so far I've gotten pictures of sky diving, hot air balloon, white water rafting, hiking (are you seeing an OUTDOOR theme?? LOL). I am going to add pictures of knee high boots (don't knwo if I'll wear them ever, but it owuld be nice to be ABLE TO), corset and sexy lingerie (I won't put pics of these in cuz I have preteens and teen boy in the house, and.. well, ya. But I'm going to find a DECENT pic to portray it.. maybe a corset blouse or something). Rollercoasters, airplanes (I have to fly in April and I want to FIT NICELY), and right now that's it.

I'd love to hear what would be on everyone's list. :D I know we all have a ton of stuff to look forward to. I have no specific goals in life right now (such as a marathon, etc), but hope to find something i want to participate in to work toward.

hopefalls
10-27-2010, 06:22 AM
purple firefly- I love the idea that you had for doing “extra” for yourself. I know that I have made it to the gym every day since Sunday- three days straight already, and probably today. I think that we, as women usually do so much for other people that it's important for us to take the time out to do something for ourselves. Love it! Am excited to get to know everyone, especially on Team Cupid better!

JackieHollow- That is nothing to be disheartened about. Don't be hard on yourself! Look back at all that you've accomplished so far, and all that you are going to accomplish because you are amazing and you deserve good things =) And in response to your inspiration board, it sounds great! I am trying to track everything for myself. For every on track day I will mark it on my spreadsheet. And maybe after I get 30 on track days I will get something for myself. I really do love your idea! I might have to piece together an inspiration binder for myself. Maybe cut out some of the workouts that I've always wanted to try but never have because of whatever reason. That way there will be a variety of workouts to try. I will let you know when I figure my binder out.

Rachel- you're welcome for doing everything for this challenge. It's a huge motivation for me, and I really enjoy helping people out and keeping them motivated since people have done it for me along the way. At the bottom of the spreadsheet I plan on doing an overall of all three teams so we can see how EVERYONE is doing as a group. Because really, we're all in this together!

meoc7197- Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you as well.

jellytot- I am sorry, but I will not be adding anyone else to the teams/spreadsheets. However, you are more than welcome to post here for motivation and support!

meoc7197
10-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Good morning everyone

Since I am new I thought maybe I would do a little intro. I am a mom to 3 kids a boy that is freshman in high school and twins girls that are 10. I have never struggled with weight until recently. If I put on a few pounds I would watch what I ate and I would loss the weight. Well 35 hit and apparently my metabolism gave up! Ove the past 3 to 4 years I have slowly put on 25 pounds. Last fall I tried weight watchers for several months and lost 5 pounds despite following the program to a tee!

I gave post holidays and this summer was motivated to start exercising. I began c2k and saw my energy levels go up and lost a few pounds. Once the kids went back to school my exercise fell to the wayside of family life craziness and schedules. Finally at the end of September I came across slim I. 6 in a box. I had ordered 2 years ago and did nothing with it. I committed myself at that tome to begin it and finish it.

Indie the first 3 weeks and I am in my 4th week now. I started to lose steam this past weekend which is what brought me to the Internet to find support to keep going. I am really inspired by so many of the stories and people on this site I am reAlly looking fwd to progressing and losing weight with you all

Rochester
10-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Ooooh la la.....Team Casanova. I feel so naughty! :devil: :lol:

Hopefalls, I really appreciate how much work you are putting into this! I've joined other challenges where the person who began it just vanished, which is rather disheartening. It's nice to see that you're sincere about this! :hug:

Jackie, I thought I was the queen of organization, but you put me to shame....all those charts and lists and graphs, oh my! :) Have you ever heard of art journaling? It kinna sounds like that is what you are doing with the goals page. (If you google art journaling, you can see photos and read info about it. It's basically keeping a diary by creating pages of pictures and words.)

If you do your goals page in that style, you could use words instead of pictures for some of the things (like the naughty lingerie) or you could aid motivational words or affirmations or something. I do art journaling and never thought to do a goals page....you've inspired me. I'll have to start thinking about what I'd like to include.

KimL1214
10-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Rochester~ ohhh, art journaling sounds like a lot of fun! When you start your goal page, you should post, so we can see!

meoc7197~ How is Slim working for you?

hopefalls~ This is pretty awesome, thank you for putting it together!

JackieHollow~ Are these activities you've already done or want to do? I've been skydiving a couple of times, and it was a BLAST!

:wave: Everyone!

I had really hoped to be able to hike one of the local mountains today with a colleague, but the clouds are ROLLING in. Ugh. I really shouldn't complain about the weather though considering how bad other parts of the country are getting it/got it. The news showed some pretty crazy stuff last night of what some tornadoes did...
I'm in charge of the 20 Something TBL challenges, which only run for 6-8 weeks, so I was excited to see a longer challenge that I could get in to!
Happy Hump Day everyone :D

julie99s
10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a sweet story to share, it just warms my heart. :)
There's a guy at the Y, nice guy, boisterous and funny. He lost his 27 year old son to cancer a couple of months ago. As you can imagine, he was a total mess. He's taken a special interest in my 16 month old son. Just absolutely adores him. He comes into the Y daycare everyday to see him. And my son loves this guy just as much. They adore each other and it's the sweetest thing I've seen. The Y staff says this is as happy as they've seen him for a while and I just want to cry because I can't even fathom.
He takes Mason into the weight room with him for short periods to "pump some iron" and runs the hallways with him. lol. I gave him a couple pictures and he was so grateful. They're on his fridge, and he said he was glad to "see" Mason on Monday even though he was out with a cold. Just pulls at every last one of my heartstrings.

Got my workout in this morning. Lifted more weights than I usually do. Which is a good thing. My routine was getting a little stagnant. Excited for the weekend and Halloween. Must behave so I can post my loss :) (down 1 lb so far... shhh)

JackieHollow
10-27-2010, 12:51 PM
oooh Rochester! We're competing AGAINST each other, and WITH each other! I'll be cheering you on in one competition while doing my best to beat you in another. haha I love the idea of art journalling!! I may do this on some of my journal pages too. To make it more appealing to look at later. It'll be an ART PIECE of my weight loss!! :) I really like the idea of using words in with my pictures. I think that will be really pleasing to the eye also. :)

Kim these are all activities I *WANT* to do but my weight holds me back. These are things I *WILL* do (well, at least some of them... I hope oever the years I get to do all). I've dreamed of skydiving since I was a teen.

Julie, how special that he has befriended your son and they "pump up" together. :) I can imagine that your son really fills a piece of the hole losing your own child would leave behind! And congrats on the (shhh) 1 lb so far!

kirara982
10-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone!

I haven't checked in for a while because for some reason I stopped getting emails when there were new posts! I thought it was strange that no one was posting, so I decided to check and there were about two new pages. Has anyone had that happen before? I can't see why it randomly stopped.

Hopefalls - awesome spreadsheet! Thanks for putting so much work into all of this!

Jackie - You're so organized! I have so many different tracking tools (calendars [with stickers on the days I work out!], food logs, daily weight lots, etc.) but they're all in different places, I think I'm going to get a binder and try to put them all together some how. I'm more of a word-based person, so I have a little book with lists of why I want it, what it will change and the things I look forward to when I get there.

KimL1214- the weather here has been insane! We had the strongest winds in 10 years yesterday. I literally had to stop and brace myself while walking down the street.

As for myself lately, I've been getting super weird cramping whenever I try to do cardio-related activities. It happened both Monday (elliptical) and Tuesday (running). Cramps, almost like extremely bad period cramps, and I get light headed to the point where I have to lay down. It subsides really quickly after, but I'm kind of afraid to try any more cardio for a while.

Also! For the mini-challenge, instead of sugary hot chocolate today, I had calorie-free herbal tea! :D

Go Team Cupid!!

fatmac
10-27-2010, 07:32 PM
This thread is moving sooo fast! Nice to meet you all!

I've had a great couple of days, and am settling in for the long haul. Team Casanova! Woohoo!

hopefalls
10-27-2010, 08:12 PM
meoc7197- I am really glad that you found your way to this page! In my life I know that weight has been a struggle on and off for years. I do well, and then I struggle, I lose it... then I gain. It is when you are struggling that you need people the most, but when you are on track and have people to motivate and motivate you as well- it's an awesome feeling. How are you liking Slim in 6? What is the program like? Again- so glad that you have joined us!

Rochester- I tried to think of some Valentine's/Romance team names and couldn't think of much so that's what I ended up with! LOL You are so welcome for putting this together, you guys are an awesome group and I really love posting here every day and seeing how you guys are doing. I am looking forward to updating the weight loss this weekend. Hopefully people will post their weight between Saturday-Monday so I can get out updated sheet up.

I have also heard of the art journaling... it is great! I am going to start a journal soon. I actually altered a composition notebook and think that I will use that as a source of inspiration, to write my feelings and struggles. Who knows where it will lead! I've just been so busy this week with starting the new job. I get up at 5:30, eat a healthy breakfast, prep my meals for the day and leave before 8:00. Out of work at 5:00, and then when I workout I don't get home until around 7:00 pm. By the time I cook up a Turkey Burger or something else easy, and eat it is around 8:00. I check my messages and am beat! haha. But it is keeping me on track <3 I have not slipped once since Saturday. Been doing awesome! How has your week been looking?

Kim- I am happy to put this together. I like the longterm challenges because they keep you on track and not just for a couple weeks, ya know? Sorry I wasn't able to do the BL challenge, but this one and the new job have been far more time consuming than I expected. I really want to do the next one, though! (Or maybe I will be at goal weight by then (:

Julie- That is so sweet. It is nice that the guy from the Y enjoys seeing your son. It definitely has to be helping him out after the loss of his own son. He will be in my thoughts. Also, great to hear that you are down a pound already! That's great (: And that you did some extra weights? Awesome! I was down a pound as well when I weighed this morning. I'm hoping in the first week of this challenge to be down 2-3 pounds which means I need to squeeze in a great workout session tomorrow! Is Halloween usually a hard time of year for you?

Kirara- I am not patient enough to wait and check in my email. I check the thread before work, and after. Awesome that you had herbal tea. Today was my first day without a workout in four days, so I think it was time for a rest day. I was at the mall and really wanted to go to Maggie Moo's for ice cream- instead I stopped at Yogen Fruz which does different frozen yogurts. I got a lowfat vanilla yogurt with frozen apples mixed in and some seasonal spice on it. Tasted like apple pie at only 120 calories. Yummy! <3 Go team Cupid!

fatmac- Yes the thread is moving fast. So happy to see people on here and supporting each other. I hope that you are doing great!

julie99s
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah, hopefalls, halloween is tough. It's my favorite holiday and I do tend to go overboard. I will keep it tame though, and not overdo my halloween dinner.

Congrats on your lb down too!

sha25
10-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow, I have been so busy it is hard keeping up with this thread..

Hopefalls- You rock at the organization and I LOVE charts, lol.. I really do. I make them for everything..

So do we weigh in on this thread weekly? Do you prefer a new post each week or one post that we update weekly?

I am staying on track but we just found out tonight that an old friend is in the hospital and they don't think he will survive the night.. I am so sick to my stomach and have absolutely no desire to eat.. I am praying he makes it through..

kirara982
10-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Yay for healthy food choices!

Halloween is always so hard for me too. My little sister hates chocolate, so she always gives me all of hers... Free chocolate? How can I say no..

sha25 - I'm sorry to hear about your friend, hugs and positive thoughts for you both.

meoc7197
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow no joke this thread moves fast! I hope I can keep up. I have read all the response so far and wanted to respond about slim in 6. Its by beach body the people who do P90X. It is much less intense then P90X but still intense.

The coach is Debbie Siebers she is very good. She used to be overweight and then lost it and became a fitness guru. The program is broken into 3 phases - Start it up its about 25 minutes long. Even though its the easiest of the 3 phases because I hadn't worked out in so long I was so sore afterwards! Then the middle phase is ramp it u and finally Burn it up. There are a lot of squats and lunges and its getting repitive. I am finding its starting to tear up my knees. Tomorrow is week 4 day 6 for me so Friday is my rest day. I am hoping that my knees recover. I would really like to complete this workout since I am so close. Its been hard for me to motivate this week and now that I am my knees are crying and trying to sabotage me. I need to finish this because I always feel like I never make it through any workout stuff.
I have dropped a clothing size and I feel comfortable in the clothes so I am trying to push through the achiness at this point. If it stays like this I will be ok. If it gets worse I am doomed

At any rate I would suggest it as a good program to start at with. Its not easy but it is doable.

Jelbelle
10-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Awww, Team Aphrodite, I LOVE IT! Yay =D I'm super excited now, g'luck everyone =)

Go team Aphro! :P

JackieHollow
10-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I keep saying I'd like to try p90x but haven't because I'm afraid it'd be too advanced for me. Slim in 6 sounds like it might be a good fit for me. I hate lunges, but am doing them and squats and pushups anyway. Just not with a program... I've been makign my own program up and honestly ahve no clue how effective I am. LOL The downside to a program is my whole family exercises together.. and we like the informality of just wingin' it. Not sure how much they would like a dvd. LOL

Does anyone here calorie cycle?

FitVixen
10-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey Jelbelle, we're on the same team! Go Team Aphrodite! we are already Goddesses and we will be successful!

Hopefalls, thank you for all your help! Fabulous spreadsheet.

Jelbelle
10-28-2010, 01:52 AM
JackieHollow: I've set P90X as one of my weight less mini-rewards for around 180, can't remember exactly. I think it's one of those workouts I have to work up to! But what is Slim in 6? I've never heard of that.

FitVixen: Yes! Go us! I'm loving the goddess affiliation! Makes me feel pretty! I love all the team names!!

meoc7197
10-28-2010, 05:31 AM
I keep saying I'd like to try p90x but haven't because I'm afraid it'd be too advanced for me. Slim in 6 sounds like it might be a good fit for me. I hate lunges, but am doing them and squats and pushups anyway. Just not with a program... I've been makign my own program up and honestly ahve no clue how effective I am. LOL The downside to a program is my whole family exercises together.. and we like the informality of just wingin' it. Not sure how much they would like a dvd. LOL

Does anyone here calorie cycle?
Jackie I had tried P90X and it is so much harder then Slim in 6. You can start Slim in 6 being out of shape and not exercising. P90X you need to be in some shape and have been exercising some. I notice that it seems that some people advance to P90X after Slim in 6.

I am getting ready to get up and push play now. I get my rest day tomorrow.

JackieHollow
10-28-2010, 09:55 AM
That sounds perfect for me then! I'm not even close to "in some shape" unless "awful shape" counts!! LOL I'm going to look into getting the slim in 6 today when I'm out shopping, if I can find it. Slim in 6 is a lot of strength training right? Does it have cardio mixed in also?

pokeycactus
10-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I do P90X now, and am in my 7th week of it. I LOVE it. I substitute running and elliptical instead of their cardio dvds (didn't feel like I was getting enough of a cardio workout), and then use the strength training dvds. I haven't measured myself, but my muffin top is definitely disappearing and I have some real muscle definition.

I started the program when I was 216 pounds. It's very hard, but you can modify - and I do. I still can't do a "real" pushup - I'm all about the girly pushups!!! :lol:

meoc7197
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM
That sounds perfect for me then! I'm not even close to "in some shape" unless "awful shape" counts!! LOL I'm going to look into getting the slim in 6 today when I'm out shopping, if I can find it. Slim in 6 is a lot of strength training right? Does it have cardio mixed in also?

Its only sold online its a beach body product. You can get it at its website or amazon.

ghostgirl811
10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
yay team aphrodite! lol a lil late but oh well
i havent been getting the notification things when theres a new post :/

kirara982
10-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Yay, at least someone else is having the same problem! Actually I've started getting notifications again in my email, but they stopped for a while for no apparent reason. Hopefully yours will start up again soon!

hippieheart
10-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Is it to late to join? If not I would love to.. 5'7'' Current weight: 180.2 Weight Goal: to lose 20lbs Personal goal: to fit into my size 8 A&E jeans

ghostgirl811
10-28-2010, 08:54 PM
i hope so to! lol but ill try to remember to keep checkiong back if they dont lol im not good at remembering things though! lol

JackieHollow
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Its only sold online its a beach body product. You can get it at its website or amazon.

LOL *THATS* why I couldn't find it today!! :o

kirara982
10-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I just wanted to post and say I'm feeling so good! I did cardio even when I told myself I didn't have to today, I came up with a huge list of things my mother can make my advent calendar with (yes, she still makes me one) that AREN'T candy, and I spent about four hours baking today and instead of licking every bowl, spoon and other utensil, I only licked a few spoons. :D

theresac
10-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Goooooooooood morning, everyone! This thread has moved super-quick. I have it set-up to send me one email a day and it's great. I only wish I could reply via email too!

I'm doing OK with food but great w/ walking. I've started walking during my lunch break and on the way home from work, and it's already making a huge difference in my energy levels.

I'm going to have to change my personal goal. My pedometer is super-sensitive and tracks time on the back of my moto as time walking! And there's no way to turn it off! Booooo! It's super easy to rack up 15k steps a day when time on my moto counts for 6 or 7k of them.

I'd like my new personal goal to be 60K aerobic steps before V-Day, instead of 100k regular steps.

Jelbelle
10-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Hey everyone =) did okay with the exercise today, but did very poorly on my diet. Don't know what's up with me. I've been trying to listen to some of Bob Harper's advice, and eat slower instead of chowing down because I feel hungry right then. But sometimes I just don't think about it and completely scarf my food down :o I really hope I clean up my act for tomorrow.

Rochester
10-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Jackie - My opinion of the Beach Body workouts is that you need to make certain that you are 100% committed to doing them, because they are extremely expensive! They may be wonderful, but I don't think I'll ever be willing to spend almost $200 on an exercise video. For that money, I'll pay a personal trainer. People rave about Beach Body, but personally, I just don't get it.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

fatmac
10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Good morning!

I'm doing fantastic, and I'm not ashamed to say so! I've had a great week. I had a great spin class this morning. I'm planning to drink tonight and tomorrow night, but keep the eating in check. I'm back to my low from 2+ weeks ago.

Hope everyone else is doing well, too!

JackieHollow
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey all! Having a rough day since my weight is way up. I know it's water weight because my husband HAD to take the kids out to eat Chinese when we were out yesterday. If I hadn't eaten, it would have caused a major fight. I tried making decent decisions, but Chinese is my downfall.

Rochester, I agree about the program. I didn't realize they were so high. I'm not going to spend that much on an exercise. I'll just make do with doing what I've been doing. :D I'm not sure the whole family would want to do it with me anyway, and I like that we're doing it as a family.

julie99s
10-29-2010, 12:41 PM
LOL kirara, I have to overcome that too. Is there anything on this green earth that tastes better than cookie dough or cake or brownie batter? I like that stuff more than the finished product most times. Not cool. Way to go keeping it in check!

Hey fatmac, can you tell me about spinning? I've been thinking about starting it up. Zumba is wayyy too crowded anymore, like sardines in a can, so I'll probably drop that and take on the spinning class instead. Just wondering what it's like.

My arms have definition now. I've been working out at the Y since mid august and I'm starting to see physical results. The scale doesn't like to cooperate all the time, but that's ok, I could stare at my upper arms all day. My calves are pretty impressive too :) I shake my arms because it amuses me to no end... There's less jiggle!

kirara982
10-29-2010, 01:00 PM
I wish the Y here had a spinning class.. They've got Zumba, which I absolutely love, but ours too is getting really full. I really just like to have any kind of class. It gives me more accountability I think, and that way even if I skip my normal workout later, at least I got in the class.

Julie, I know exactly what you mean! I've just started noticing definition in my upper arms and I loveee it. I actually see some muscle action when I flex now :P My calves have always been pretty defined, but I'll hopefully start seeing it in my butt/thighs soon too :D

IslandVet
10-29-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey guys! I hope everyone is having a great week! I've been pretty busy, sorry I haven't been around much. We are gearing up for some bad weather here. Tropical Storm Tomas is expected to cross our little island tomorrow and I'm afraid it's very likely I will lose power/internet for who knows how long. I wanted to make sure I get my weigh in for this week. As of today I am at 182. If I get a chance to log on before deadline I will update! Keep at it, everyone is doing so great! I'll check back in when I am able :)

ghostgirl811
10-29-2010, 10:02 PM
@IslandVet
I hope everythings going to be ok, the other day i was in a tornado watch and we just got a lot of wind and hard rain for 5 minutes lol and i dont think anyone in my areas power went out

theresac
10-30-2010, 05:00 AM
OMG walking. It's embarassing how hard it is. :( On the plus side, the pounds seem to be melting off, which is awesome.

Tonight's a Halloween party. I'm planning on walking a heck of a lot today and tomorrow to make up for the calories I'm going to drink, but we'll see how that goes. Either way, I know I'm going to have to moderate my old habits.

IslandVet, good luck! I hope you and your family will be OK!

Happy Halloween, everyone! :devil::devil::devil:

fatmac
10-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Julie, spinning is awesome! It's by far my favorite cardio to do in the gym. At the gym I belong to, it's a 45 minute class. It's done in the dark (with blacklights!) and loud, makes-you-want-to-move music. You'll do a combination of hills, sprints, and flat road riding. Each instructor is different, in terms of how the ride is structured, but the great thing is that YOU'RE in charge of the resistance on your bike. If it's too easy, a turn of the knob makes it harder. If it's too hard, you can back off until you're comfortable.

It might hurt your butt for the first couple of times you try it. Some gyms have padded seats you can request; you can bring your own padded seat; you can buy padded shorts; or, you can suck it up and your butt gets used to it after 4 or 5 rides.

The other nice thing is that there are like 6 spin classes per day, so find one that works within your schedule. I, personally, like going at 6am before work, but there should be at least a couple of evening options too.

Oh, you'll also notice quite a few people with special spinning shoes, that clip directly on the pedals. You do NOT need to buy these, unless you really want to. You can just wear your running shoes that fit into the toe cages. (I held out about 6 months before buying them, and then got these really, really ugly ones in a clearance rack for $30. They can be quite expensive, and it's definitely not a necessity).

Good luck! Let me know if you like it!

julie99s
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all the info, fatmac! Anxious to try it. I think ours only runs twice a week; tues and thurs at 7pm. I'll have to check it out to be sure.

30 on the elliptical this morning. Didn't push for more since at 1 I'll be doing 2 hours of walking to trick or treat through downtown, and tomorrow same for the evening trick or treat. So I guess the kids' candy seeking has some benefits lol

hopefalls
10-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! Sorry that I've been MIA for a few days. I don't pay for internet, we use our neighbors in our complex and it hasn't been working. I think that I may just have to bow down and pay for wireless. This going to the library? Not fun. Anyways, overall it's been a great week. My food has been on point and I've made it to the gym four times this week. Was hoping for five, but with the new job it's been hectic.

I know that it was asked whether we are accepting new people to the challenge and no, we aren't. Or at least I won't be adding anyone else to the teams and spreadsheets. HOWEVER you are more than welcome to post here and chat, get some motivation and encouragement.

I weigh in tomorrow morning and am definitely hoping for a two pound loss... how does everyone think they did in week one? I did have a fun size hershey bar yesterday, but that was the worst of it which was VERY good for me.

I heard you guys talking about spin classes- I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are great and such a challenge. I missed the one this morning but went on Tuesday, and there is one on Sunday mornings, too. Maybe I will be able to get my butt into the gym, or get a workout in at home. I hope everyone is great!

ghostgirl811
10-30-2010, 01:48 PM
what are spin classes? ive never heard of it :/

meoc7197
10-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Happy Halloween to my fellow Vixens especially team Aphrodite. I weighed in for the week and I am down to 162.7. Certainly motivation to stay away from all the candy today and over the next few weeks. I want to keep the scales moving down and candy will only sabotage that movement.

I started week 5 of Slim in 6. I am glad that it is almost over. I am getting bored with the eact same routine day in and out. Only 11 more workouts left and then I am on to something new. I am not changing it up because I really want to be able to say i completed it. I know silly reason but I figure if I can get through this week then its only another week ad it will be the home stretch and that will be what keeps me going. So basically I have to keep motivated to through this darn week!

I also love spin. I haven't done it in so long. The classes here are reservation only and I never get one because I swear people must stalk the site when the reservations open up. Our gym is moving in December to large space and the spin class sizes will be more then doubling so I am hoping getting into the classes will be easier.

Can't wait to hear about everyones progress this week.

sha25
10-31-2010, 09:12 AM
I am going to weigh in today. Been crazy busy week, sorry I have been MIA. We lost our friend that I previously posted about so I have been awfully preoccupied.

I am happy to report that I have finally after months of trying busted through the 180's.. Today's weight 178.6... Not sure if there is a specific format you want us to weigh in each week?

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

JackieHollow
10-31-2010, 10:56 AM
I weighed in at 266.8. I'm sad because mid week I was lower than that. So this week has to be my week!!!

ghostgirl811
10-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Happy Halloween to everyone!!! :haphal:

kirara982
10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Good job with your weight loss, girlies! :D

Uck. I've failed myself these past two days.. Halloween candy and Mother's birthday, which means eating out and cake. All together I gained 3 pounds in two days. Soo, even though I was 134.2 on Friday, I weighed in at 137 this morning. *palmface*

But today is a new day. I've got a strict eating plan to follow, and I'm cutting out sugar altogether for a while, because part of the reason I went so crazy is that once I get some sugar in my system I can't stop eating it.

IslandVet
10-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for the well wishes. We actually got lucky. The hurricane turned a bit and ended up farther to the north. We only got the southern edge of it...so power is on today and I can update! I can't find a specific place to record our weigh in, but I lost 2 more pounds :) I'm weighing in today at 180.

fatmac
10-31-2010, 01:46 PM

I'm planning on having a STELLAR week, and hope you all do too!

Jelbelle
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm planning on having a STELLAR week, and hope you all do too!

You and me both hun! Let's keep this mindset through the whole week and start November off awesome!!!

Weighed in today at 210.4, -2.2lb loss, can't be unhappy, it's a loss!

Muffentop
10-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Happy Halloween!!

When did they release the information on teams? I guess I'll have to go back through & re-read the thread.

I weighed in today at 196.2... not as good as I was hoping, but any loss is better than a gain!

Have a great week, everyone

ish
10-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Hello Vixens, and team Casanova! Looks like everyone is doing well!

I weighed in at 219 this morning. Down one pound for week one. I am aiming for 3, and hoping for two, this week!

Keep up the great work, everyone!

JackieHollow
10-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Muffen, you are an aphrodite! My competition!!!!!

meoc7197
10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
I am happy to report that I made it through Halloween Day without testing any of the candy. now to make it through the next week or two witht he kids loot!

I had a great exercise and eating day. I am so proud of myself. I did my tapes this am and then I went to the gym and walked jogged on the tread mill. I am thinking that I may want to try to add a 5K all jogging as a goal for Valentines day.

This week in additon to doing my SLim in 6 tapes I am going to go to the gym 3 days and walk/jog. I am goign away for a 4 day weekend to San Juan and I really want to be in the 150s for the trip. Honestly I want to lose 5 pounds by then not sure that's realistic though!

Janel83
11-01-2010, 12:39 AM
I said I was in when the thread started. I was sick with the flu last week so no weigh in. :( I still want to do the challenge though. just now Im 198

Rochester
11-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Several bad choices whilst on vacation and TOM.

210.2/+2.2/212.4

Sorry. :(

JackieHollow
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Rochester.. It's all a new week and you'll do great from here.

Janel.. I hope you are feelign better!

Meoc.. WTG on the Hween candy! I just had 1 super small piece. They are still in my house taunting me, so I'm hoping I can continue to resist. Nov. is going to be our month!

I have my plan all in place, and I've decided November is going to be a super great month. I'm going to need to be pretty "rigid" to make it through the holidays. I'm not really worried about Thanksgiving, but Christmas scares me! We do a TON of baking, candy making, etc with the kids ALL month (we take the month off of homeschooling, etc to spend together as a family doing stuff together.. baking is a BIG part of that). So I figure I need to get my plan (I'm switching to calorie cycling) in place and "used" to it before Dec comes around.

smith1313
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

We got in late last night from Disneyland...It was fantastic! Now I have several months of hard work ahead!! :wizard:

I gained 3 pounds up to 175.5

julie99s
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Halloween got the best of me. I'm still trying to pull myself out of the sugar haze and there is pumpkin cheesecake in my fridge I have to practically beat myself over the head to stay out of it. It's gotta go! Weigh in yesterday was better than I expected, considering. I maintained. I didn't step on the scale today though for fear of what I might see. At least I'm still dragging my butt to the gym. I'm so frustrated about the last 3 days.

On a happy note, DH and I got a date night on Saturday. We rode our bikes down to a bar, had a few drinks and "caught up", if you will. It's been a while since we've had conversation with no kids involved. It was fun.

The week's not starting off so well, but hopefully it's better than last week!

ghostgirl811
11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Starting Weight 240
11/1 238.2
11/8
11/15
11/22
11/29
12/6
12/13
12/20
12/27
1/3
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14

scribble
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
All right! Even with the taunting mellowcream pumpkins that I ate, I still lost one pound last week. After eating like I did, I'll take it.
158 lbs.

Spin class is fabulous. My Y has it at 5:45 am and I love to go to work knowing I've already worked hard. Of course, I go to work with wet hair, but my 2nd grade students don't seem to care.

hopefalls
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Hey ladies! Great work this week. Some of us struggled this week, had some gains, some maintained. But just don't give up. I only lost .8 this week, but hoping for more this week. Keep at it, we can do this! I am still missing a lot of weigh ins, so if you guys could get them to me ASAP I would appreciate it so much!

Janel- you are welcome to still post in the thread, but I am not adding anyone else to the spreadsheet. I feel bad, but if I add anyone else I have to re-format the whole spreadsheet, and I've already done it three or four times and it is a huge hassle. But I would love if you posted here for motivation! Hope you are feeling better!

Janel83
11-01-2010, 06:39 PM
no prob!

KimL1214
11-01-2010, 10:51 PM
SW: 252.4
CW: 251.8

-0.6lbs.

Not what I had hoped to see, but I'll take it...

Sorry about the late weigh in tonight, I meant to post it earlier, but forgot... and then had to close the restaurant tonight!

Have a good night!

FitVixen
11-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi Hopefalls, sorry I'm late with my weigh in for today. I don't get on my laptop every day but I will have to make a point to do so from now on. Bad news! I gained weight. Ugh! I'm at 170.5 and i know why. Too many cocktails at a party. Thank you!

FitVixen
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Dear Hopefalls and Ladies, in the past when I have lost weight and have exercised as well, I have lost more inches than actual pounds. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat does. Do you think we should all take our beginning measurements to compare them at the end of the challenge? I know I have made a commitment to lose 30 pounds but actually I would be very satisfied if I can end up wearing a size 7/8 instead of a size 12 and that would mean I would have lost inches and firmed up the fat.

theresac
11-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Good afternoon, everyone! Sorry I missed yesterday's weigh in (206, down 2 lbs! hellsyeah!), but it was a holiday here and I spent the day at the beach instead of at the computer. :)

Steps walked: 50k already. Apparantly, I can't do math. My goal should be 1 million steps (10k per day x 100 days).

pokeycactus
11-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I maintained...but I'm hitting the gym extra hard and aiming for 2 workouts a day consistently.

Rochester
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
...muscle weighs more than fat does...

Actually, muscle and fat weigh the same. A pound is a pound. But muscle is denser and takes up less space. So, when you exchange fat for muscle, your weight remains the same but you lose inches.

julie99s
11-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Hmm, so I've realized it's hard enough for me to shed lbs while still nursing my 16 month old, and now TOM showed up. He's been totally irregular with nursing, so it's always a surprise lol. Only 2nd TOM since Sept '08, so I won't complain that much. That explains my total sweet tooth. I normally don't really have trouble staying away from that stuff, and the last week I've been binging on the crap. I'm trying to get back on, but it's proving difficult. I can't wait till TOM is gone! I'm just glad I've been able to keep up with my workouts.

pokeycactus
11-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I am really holding steady at 205 this week. Hoping it's just my muscles repairing themselves, because I am miserably sore and I'll see a drop by the end of the week.

Hoping. :)

Muffentop
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Happy Friday Vixens and Team Aphrodite!!

I weighed in at 190.4 this morning! I won't have computer access through next Tuesday, so I figured I better post my weight today. Have a great weekend everybody!

Nienna
11-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Hey, guys! I'm sorry that I've been lax with weighing in! I got back from my vacation last Sunday, and I've been really busy with work (and redecorating my apartment). I've been horrible with my exercise the past week, by which I mean that I haven't worked out at all. At least I have that 2 km walk to work on the weekdays! My eating has been pretty decent, though, so I'm down to 132.4, which is a relief after my four pound gain while I was away!

fatmac
11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
168.0 today!

Rochester
11-07-2010, 07:51 AM
212.4/-3.5/208.9

:carrot:

meoc7197
11-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Weighed in at 160.4.

IslandVet
11-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Morning ladies! Weighing in today at 178. I FINALLY broke through that lousy 180 plateau!! Gooooo Casanova!!

kirara982
11-07-2010, 10:58 AM
135.4 on this fine morning. Not as far as I'd like to be, but a big improvement on last week.

JackieHollow
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
264.8 today. I was hoping for more... But I won't complain!

Congrats everyone on their losses, and GO CUPIDS! ;)

julie99s
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
1 lb loss, 227 this week

JackieHollow
11-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I really want to hit a 3 lb loss this week so I can be down another 5 lbs. LOL

Jelbelle
11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
208.2 this morning, so another 2.2lbs loss. At least it's a loss right? Good luck Aphrodites!

kirara982
11-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Argh. I hate food.

I just don't get it. Once I start eating, it's so hard to stop. I could not eat for days (not that I've tried it, but I'm sure I could). But as soon as I eat one little thing, I can't stop thinking about how I want to eat more. It doesn't matter that I'm not hungry after that first thing, I just want to eat more.

I see it as a drug addiction, in a way. Except you can never quit. It's like being addicted to cocaine, but instead of being able to get treatment and eventually stop, you HAVE to keep it around. You can't just get rid of it, never see it again, never put yourself in situations with it again. You NEED it to survive, and it frustrates me.

I apologize for my little rant, but it needed to come out and I have nowhere else to put it.

Fit4Lyfe
11-08-2010, 12:34 PM
241.4 today my ladies...I was up to 245 thanks to Halloween Holiday and TOM, but I'm back down: I WILL see the 230's before Thanksgiving

WHOA, I did not realize I was on a team (TEAM CASANOVa what?!?!? lol) but seriously, I have all my weights, so I can just plug them in here and I'll probably do that from now on, to make it easier, I think...? Hopefalls what will be easier for YOU? This is your challenge girl, I'm just a follower. Anyway, here are my weigh-ins!

I moved my weigh-ins to my very first post because it was easier for me and hopefully you Hopefalls

thelittleflower
11-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Is it too late to join? I just found this challenge :D

ghostgirl811
11-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Starting Weight 240
11/1 238.2
11/8 235.6
11/15
11/22
11/29
12/6
12/13
12/20
12/27
1/3
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14

scribble
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
158 again.

And the Halloween candy is still here.

I'm ready for next week...

KimL1214
11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
250.4 for me this week!

JasonsLea
11-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm in!

SW: 272.2
GW: 252

11/05/2010: 272.2
11/12/2010
11/19/2010
11/26/2010
12/03/2010
12/10/2010
12/17/2010
12/24/2010
12/31/2010
01/07/2011
01/14/2011
01/21/2011
01/28/2011
02/04/2011
02/11/2011

thelittleflower
11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Me too, then, lol!

SW: 144.2
GW: 129

11/05/2010: 144.2
11/12/2010:
11/19/2010:
11/26/2010:
12/03/2010:
12/10/2010:
12/17/2010:
12/24/2010:
12/31/2010:
01/07/2011:
01/14/2011:
01/21/2011:
01/28/2011:
02/04/2011:
02/11/2011:
02/14/2011:

sha25
11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
178.2. Sorry I missed yesterday.. I have been having a hard few weeks.. Not much of a loss but I'll take it..

hopefalls
11-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Ladies, I am SO sorry about my disappearing act. I have been having such a stressful last few weeks and with no internet access it is impossible to find the time/motivation to come to the library. One of my friend's nephews died of leukemia this past week. And in my own personal life my rabbit has been quite sick and i have to syringe feed her 3x a day and feed her meds 2x a day. Again- sorry about the disappearance! If you guys still want, I can update the spreadsheet? Let me know!

Rochester
11-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Sw 210.2

11/1 210.2/+2.2/212.4
11/8 212.4/-3.5/208.9
11/14 208.9/-.5/208.4

IslandVet
11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
hopefalls - So sorry to hear about your past few weeks. Even just one of those events can be stressful, nevermind all of them at once. I hope life starts to get back on track for you soon. :(
This thread does seem to have simmered down a bit, but you can still count me in. I love making charts and spreadsheets, so if you ever need extra help - just let me know!

I had a gain this week, but I know why. I got sick, stopped exercising, and totally ditched the eating plan. I'm back on track now and forgiving myself for the slip.

Ready to dive back in and charge ahead! We can still do A LOT of damage before February 14th!

10/24 - 184
10/31 - 180
11/7 - 178
11/14 - 180

Weight goal: 158

JackieHollow
11-14-2010, 11:07 AM
264.8/-.6/264.2

I'd love to see more chatting. :D Where is team Cupid???

Muffentop
11-14-2010, 11:19 AM
My thoughts are with you hopefalls... :hug:

11/14/10: 185.2

Thanksgiving is just around the corner... yikes!!! Where has the time gone? Anybody else as unprepared for the holidays as I am? This will be my first time going through the holidays (read: all out gorgefest) while trying to lose weight. The plan is to stick to my eating/exercising just like any other day. I have a feeling that it's going to be easier said than done, though. My family & in-laws are feeders! And normally, I'm more than happy to oblige. Wish me luck, as I'm sure I'll need it!

Have a great week everyone!

fatmac
11-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Up to 171.6. Back on the wagon.

Fit4Lyfe
11-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Hello ladies! I gained this week, BUT that was after eating about 1000 calories worth of left-over Halloween candy (yea I threw the rest away) and drinking like a fish last night and the best part? I only gained .4 pounds, so I don't feel that bad! Next week it's ON I WILL see the 230's this time next week!

Jelbelle
11-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Weighed in at 204.6! Wow! -3.4lbs loss!! I'll be in Onederland soon, I can't believe it!

And I agree IslandVet! We can do so much before Feb 14th! Let's no give up on Valentine's Vixens!

julie99s
11-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Up 2 this week to 229. Long week. Family drama and my birthday. I'll get it this week!

scribble
11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Still at 158. Aaaack!

ghostgirl811
11-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Starting Weight 240
11/1 238.2
11/8 235.6
11/15 237 :(
11/22
11/29
12/6
12/13
12/20
12/27
1/3
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14

kirara982
11-15-2010, 08:33 PM
136.6 this morning.

Fit4Lyfe
11-16-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm up (SUCKS) to 242.8 this week...I have been gaining and losing the same damn pound 2 weeks now! I WILL see the 230's before Thanksgiving!!!

GO Team Casanova!

Nienna
11-17-2010, 05:02 AM
128.3 this morning ... 18.3 lb to go!

pokeycactus
11-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Consistently hovering between 204 and 206. I don't like it. :no:

thelittleflower
11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Back to 144.6 this week...Doing my WI Friday...fingers crossed... :D

JasonsLea
11-18-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm in!

11/12/2010: Missed WI
11/19/2010
11/26/2010
12/03/2010
12/10/2010
12/17/2010
12/24/2010
12/31/2010
01/07/2011
01/14/2011
01/21/2011
01/28/2011
02/04/2011
02/11/2011

Rochester
11-21-2010, 08:49 AM
11/1 210.2/+2.2/212.4
11/8 212.4/-3.5/208.9
11/14 208.9/-.5/208.4
11/21 208.4/+1.8/210.2

I really need to get my lazy butt back on the wagon! :(

IslandVet
11-21-2010, 09:00 AM
10/24 - 184
10/31 - 180
11/7 - 178
11/14 - 180
11/21 - 178

Fit4Lyfe
11-21-2010, 12:03 PM
I made it back down to 240.6!

JackieHollow
11-21-2010, 12:24 PM
264.2/-4.4/259.8

Muffentop
11-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Are we all ready for Turkey Day (err... Thanksgiving)? I'm definitely not prepared. I have to get some shopping done, but I'm not brave enough to hit up Costco today. Can't stand the long lines!

I weighed in at 181.0 today!! :carrot:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

scribble
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
157 today.
That pound was a long time going away.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

meoc7197
11-23-2010, 06:46 AM
I have been so hectic this month! I haven't had a chance to even check in! I am down to 158.8! Yeah, I am thrilled to be out of the 160s.

Happy turkey day everyone. Hoping life slows down so I can check in at least 1x a week!

julie99s
11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
I can't wait till after the holidays! I've kept up with working out, but my eating is crap!

meoc7197
11-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Hello fellow vixens! Wanted to pop in and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Rochester
11-25-2010, 08:32 AM
11/25 210.2/-2.4/207.8

Back on track! Guess that means I really need to behave myself today at the feasting. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

Fit4Lyfe
11-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey ladies! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I hit a new low of 239.4 today and I am juiced! That puts me at a 5-lb loss for November, which is the most I have lost thusfar, I am hoping for an 8-10 lb loss in December.

meoc7197
11-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Did my weigh in this am. 156.4. I am so happy. I have been sick and didn't make it to the gym for almost 2 weeks. I made it it back today to the gym and jog/ran miles.

IslandVet
11-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Still hovering around the same weight. Thankfully I'm not gaining because I'm not really trying at all. I need to get myself back in gear if I want to get moving in the right direction. For now I'm just thankful that I'm exercising enough to maintain without watching my diet. When life gets too busy it seems like that is the first thing to go. I really need to concentrate on always making time for my health, no matter what.

10/24 - 184
10/31 - 180
11/7 - 178
11/14 - 180
11/21 - 178
11/28 - 178

JackieHollow
11-28-2010, 11:27 AM
259.0 today. Was down to 257.6 on Wed, then Thanksgiving got in my way. :( Oh well, it'll be gone this week, plus some!!

Fit4Lyfe
11-28-2010, 11:53 AM
239 even...is it time to weigh-in? For some reason I can't find my post with all of me weights...hmm...?

Muffentop
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

My exercise routine has been great the past several days, but unfortunately it didn't compensate for all the overeating... I'm up to 188.2 this morning - but I will just get back on track & by next week I will have a loss!!

I'm going to plan out my meals & exercise for the upcoming week and stick to it.

Have a great week everyone!!

ghostgirl811
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Starting Weight 240
11/1 238.2
11/8 235.6
11/15 237 :(
11/22 238.6
11/29 238.4
12/6
12/13
12/20
12/27
1/3
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14

JasonsLea
11-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm in!

11/19/2010: 272.8
11/26/2010: 273.6
12/03/2010
12/10/2010
12/17/2010
12/24/2010
12/31/2010
01/07/2011
01/14/2011
01/21/2011
01/28/2011
02/04/2011
02/11/2011

IslandVet
12-05-2010, 09:40 AM
STILL the same stupid weight. At least I'm doing well on my personal goal. I'm running further and faster than ever. And I AM losing inches at least...

10/24 - 184
10/31 - 180
11/7 - 178
11/14 - 180
11/21 - 178
11/28 - 178
12/5 - 178

2beautiful2Bfat
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I would also like to join your challenge. I hope all these challenges will keep me motivated.

SW 236
CW 233
GW 213

Muffentop
12-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Weighed in at 185.8 today. Not as much as I was hoping for, but I'll take it. Slow & steady, right?

Have a great week, all.

JackieHollow
12-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Hey all!! Sorry forgot to check in... My weight is 258.0. NOWHERE where I wanted it to be but ti was a rough week. Next week will be better!

JasonsLea
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm in!

12/03/2010: 272.6
12/10/2010
12/17/2010
12/24/2010
12/31/2010
01/07/2011
01/14/2011
01/21/2011
01/28/2011
02/04/2011
02/11/2011

2beautiful2Bfat
12-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if my goal isrealistic but I am hoping to get to 213 I started at 236 and am at 230 today. So I figure I have 2 months I can lose 17 lbs?

scribble
12-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Still here. Still 157.

Muffentop
12-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Aaaargh!!! I went from 185.8 last week to 193.4 today... that's a gain of 7.6 lbs in 7 days - is that even physically possible? I was doing so well, but the past couple of weeks have been completely off plan :(

I refuse to give up, though... next week will be better!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Muffentop
12-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Weighed in at 194.6 this week. The stress of the holidays are getting to me... haven't made time for exercise at all this week. Also haven't been logging what I eat. I will be working on that during the upcoming week & hope for a loss next week.

How is everybody else doing? With the holidays here, I imagine ya'll are busy, busy, busy! Well, happy holidays everyone!

meoc7197
12-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I weighed in today at 157.5. I gained weight after being sick and not working out. I started working out and gained weight! Oh well.

On a better note I ran in my first 5K. I did it in 33:20. I had to walk a few times for a minute. Overall did pretty well considering it was freezing. I am going to try and train for a 10K now.

meoc7197
12-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure if my goal isrealistic but I am hoping to get to 213 I started at 236 and am at 230 today. So I figure I have 2 months I can lose 17 lbs?

I think I set way too lofty a goal of 30 pounds. I am down 7.5 pounds. Unlikely I will get 22.5 pounds lighter but I am going to keep at it. I think 17 is realistic. In my mind I can see losing 2 pounds a week between now and valentines day which would be pretty close to 17 pounds but I can't really see losing more then that.

ghostgirl811
01-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Starting Weight 240
11/1 238.2
11/8 235.6
11/15 237
11/22 238.6
11/29 238.4
12/6 MISSED
12/13 MISSED
12/20 MISSED
12/27 MISSED
1/3 238.2
1/10
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/7
2/14

ive missed a lot :( its the end of the semester and ive been really busy and stressed

IslandVet
01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Still here...

10/24 - 184
10/31 - 180
11/7 - 178
11/14 - 180
11/21 - 178
11/28 - 178
12/5 - 178
12/12 - 180
12/19 - miss
12/26 - miss
1/2 - - 183.5

meoc7197
01-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I am still here too. I am at 157. Not losing like I wanted to but I am pressing on. I am training for a half marathon so I am hoping the running will help.

JasonsLea
01-08-2011, 08:21 PM

12/03/2010: 272.6
12/10/2010: 270.8
12/17/2010: 268.4
12/24/2010: TOM
12/31/2010: 266.8
01/07/2011: 267.8
01/14/2011
01/21/2011
01/28/2011
02/04/2011
02/11/2011

meoc7197
01-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Not sure if people are still working on this challenge. Just weighed in at 154.

jewelswa
02-18-2011, 10:00 PM
amazing.. your almost at your goal...awesome