South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread - Week of Oct. 11

View Full Version : On Plan Thread - Week of Oct. 11

zeffryn
10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

BelovedK
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
This is my second day on phase 1, new to this. I did well yesterday. Today I had spinach quiche cups for breakfast, and a small handful of cashews.

I also had coffee and plenty of water.

I am feeling a snack attack, I will resist it because I mean for this to be a true lifestyle change and I don'r need to be snacking in the late morning.

I am not sure what is for lunch, I'll probably do a turkey and swiss roll up and perhaps some avocado, yum.

zeffryn
10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
DS has a dentist appt. this morning, so we're running crazy trying to get all of us out the door on time. I so wish I had gotten a sitter for DS2.

-
1: greek yogurt, blueberries
2: big salad (3 + cups veggies) topped with salsa and a crumbled black bean burger
workout
4: pumpkin pie smoothie (greek yogurt, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, almond milk, ice)
5: maybe some scrambled eggs with spinach

filled up my ipod with new music last night, so i'm pumped to workout today.
exercise: 60 min. treadmill routine, 30 mins. strength training

zeffryn
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
beloved, on South Beach, you're encouraged to snack mid-morning. I don't normally snack during the morning because I tend to have my breakfast around 8:30 and then lunch between 11:30 and noon. If you're hungry, you should eat, just make sure those snacks are SB friendly. A lot of us snack on cut veggies and hummus, roasted chickpeas and reduced fat mozzarella cheese sticks.

jyoyo78
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Didn't have a very good plan for eating yesterday, ate way too late in the day. Weekends are always hard for me to stick to a schedule.

b'fast
coffee w/sf creamer

snack
nf plain yogurt w/ splenda and pumpkin pie spice
cucumbers wrapped in ham w/ lf cream cheese

lunch/dinner
bunless burger loaded with veggies
eggplant casserole

snack
white bean turkey chili

EmmaD
10-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Phase 2

B - blueberry yogurt smoothie - might be with unsweetened soy yogurt. (I have to say, that stuff is weird. I wanted to be a supporter but I don't think I'll buy it again.)
L - um, grilled tofu with sauteed cabbage. (Why do I keep making so much of this? It lasts forever...) Brewed white tea.
S - broccoli and orange pepper strips with hummus
S - tofurkey, cream cheese and roasted red pepper roll ups
D - Soybean and onion curry on a bed of spinach (oh man, sooo filling)
dessert - ??? maybe celery with peanut butter (For some reason that sounds really good.)

Gelene
10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Day 8 of ph.1

Feeling sooo much better yesterday and today(day 3 & 4 almost did myself and DH in). We have both stayed totally op and are doing so much better having done so.
Last night I made the vegetarian chili with avocado salsa for dinner. Oh it was soooo good, you have all got to try this stuff(in the SBD Cookbook) I did add extra lean ground beef(DH can't live without his meat) and a can of crushed tomatoes, also I used 2 cans of beans because I could'nt see how 3/4 a can would feed 6.
I have a question about the 2c. dairy allowed daily. I have always had a hard time drinking milk, but my DH seems to be loosing and feeling better by getting his in. Has anyone else noticed if they loose better or feel better if they get a little milk in each day?

zeffryn
10-11-2010, 04:24 PM
gelene, you can also use yogurt if you don't like drinking milk. also, i drink almond milk instead of cow's and count that towards my dairy.

emma- yeah, i'm not a fan of soy yogurt either. the aftertaste is funky! i really like coconut milk yogurt, it's SO rich and creamy without a lot of fat.

Arctic Stamp Queen
10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Today is my day 7 of Phase 1...and I am feeling pretty good.

B: 1/4 Ricotta Cheese mixed with 1 egg, 1 packet Splenda, 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice and 1 turkey sausage patty cut up. Top with 1 tsp SF Maple Syrup. Micro for 2 min and you have a homemade Mcgriddle.

L: Salad with 1/2 grilled chicken breast with 2T Newmans Ceasar Salad dressing with cucumbers, roasted chickpeas, 1 cheese stick cut up and a boiled egg.

D: Tonight we are going to have Taco's with ground turkey and while the family uses traditional shells, I will use a lettuce leaf. :)

Snacks are Hazlenut Decaf Tea with Splenda w/Fiber Packet, Creamer (counting towards dairy).

I have found this easier for me to do this time. I think because I am now working full time so I don't have the temptations at work that I do when I was at home mom. I took my daughter out to eat this weekend, had a burritto and just felt SICK, it was a good thing for me to feel so I remember what the bad stuff is doing to me.

Have a great SB day ladies!!!

Usernametaken
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
B-Chocolate PB oatmeal
L-Almonds, laughing cow, v8 (purchased at a gas station because lunch was in the fridge :()
D-SBD meatloaf, creamed spinach, sweet potato, laughing cow

murphmitch
10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Phase II

B: V8, 2 boiled eggs
S: RF cheese stick
L: Large salad, black beans
S: Tall skinny hazelnut
D: Amy's Lowfat Black Bean Chili
S: Almond butter

zeffryn
10-12-2010, 11:25 AM
1: blueberry smoothie (blueberries, 1/4 banana, greek yogurt, spinach, almond milk); 2 slices turkey bacon
workout
2: broccoli cheese soup (phase 1 recipe, some variation)
3: rf cheesestick
4: ww tortilla stuffed with lean turkey, tomato, lettuce, hummus, a few kalamata olives, cucumber and sprouts; big salad (basically the same stuff as on the wrap sans turkey and more lettuce)
5: fat free vegan cherry "ice cream" (frozen banana processed in the food processor with a couple cherries)

exercise: 60 minute treadmill, maybe some yoga this evening.

p.a.
10-12-2010, 01:00 PM
phase 2
b-
smoothie
water/chia seeds
coffee/almond milk
s-
ls v8
cheese
l-
large salad/dressing 2 hb egg whites
water
s-
apple
s-
turkey
potatos
turnip
sm bit of cran sauce
its our thanksgiving dinner today
s-
tea

EmmaD
10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
L-Almonds, laughing cow, v8 (purchased at a gas station because lunch was in the fridge :()

Congrats for finding something at a gas station! I love it!

1: blueberry smoothie (blueberries, 1/4 banana, greek yogurt, spinach, almond milk)

I'm going to try this!!

Phase 2: (hmm today looks a lot like yesterday. I ate dinner for lunch and then all the rest of my plans went to heck :p)

B - coffee with almond milk
walking, yoga
Zeff's blueberry smoothie - eta: no yogurt, so this is for tomorrow. Today: 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese with 147 g (random, but that was the serving size) organic strawberries and cinnamon
L - grilled tofu with cabbage... <sigh>, brewed white tea
S - broccoli and orange pepper slices with spicy hummus
S - tofurkey roll ups with cream cheese and roasted red pepper
D - Eggplant lasagna, big green salad, some other veggie?
dessert - 1/2 a honeycrisp apple and some raw walnuts

BelovedK
10-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Phase 1

Hmm, For breakfast, scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach

Snack, cashews (yum)

Lunch, turkey roll ups with swiss and avocado

I'm planning phase 1 moussaka for dinner :)

zeffryn
10-12-2010, 02:40 PM
emma, i love that the honeycrisps are in now. i look forward to apples SO much.

how was the smoothie? have you ever put palm sugar in your smoothies? it gives it a rich, sort of molassesy flavor that i'm really starting to dig. negligible calories in a half teaspoon as well :)

EmmaD
10-12-2010, 04:36 PM
emma, i love that the honeycrisps are in now. i look forward to apples SO much.

how was the smoothie? have you ever put palm sugar in your smoothies? it gives it a rich, sort of molassesy flavor that i'm really starting to dig. negligible calories in a half teaspoon as well :)

Didn't make the smoothie yet. I realized after I posted that I had to make the yogurt first, so I'll try tomorrow. You and a couple of others here have inspired me with the smoothies. I never really made one before. I am intrigued by the ones with "green stuff" in them.... haven't tried palm sugar yet either. I love that I find out about so many new things here!

zeffryn
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
i love "covering up" veggies with fruit in my smoothies. a big ol' handful of spinach doesn't taste like much in a smoothie and it really ups the fiber in the smoothie.

palm sugar has become my go-to sweetener. it's low glycemic (i think lower than agave, but i could be wrong) and tastes better to me than agave. i love the rich taste of it.

I need to get to making yogurt again. The crockpot that I used for making yogurt (I use my crockpot every day so I need multiples) broke so I am down to one.

jyoyo78
10-12-2010, 07:08 PM
P2

b'fast
coffee w/sf creamer
egg starts w/ lf cream cheese

lunch
white bean turkey chili
WW bagel thin w/ lf cream cheese

snack
4 small clementines
handful of almonds and lite string cheese

dinner
bellini drink (not SB friendly)
enchilada w/ WW tortilla & lf sour cream

snack
1 oz bag of peanuts

Usernametaken
10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
B-Pb oatmeal
L-Kale, sweet potato, and lentil soup (mmm)
D-Stirfry with sirloin, bean sprouts, zucchini, and green pepper

BelovedK
10-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I ended up not having time for my planned meal, so I made spaghetti for the kids, and I had the sauce (homemade, so no sugar) and just had the sauce. Plus I made some of the cauliflower "mashed potatoes."

zeffryn
10-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Ah, rushed morning today! kids have a playgroup halloween party to attend this morning and i have too many things to do for it still.

-
1: lara bar, 1 slice turkey bacon, lots of water
2: edamame saute?
workout
3: quinoa veggie confetti casserole, salad
4: "ice cream" - frozen bananas processed with some cocoa powder, frozen until solid

p.a.
10-13-2010, 12:13 PM
phase2

b-
cereal,skiim milk, banana
coffee
s-
yogurt
water/chia seeds
l-
greek salad
water
s-
apple
cheese
s-
turkey
steamed carrots
salad
skim milk
s-
tea

jyoyo78
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
b'fast
cold espresso w/ ff 1/2 & 1/2 and sf coconut
2 eggs w/ LF cream cheese

lunch
homemade refried beans
ham sandwich on WW sandwich thin w/lettuce, tomato and onion

snack
4 small clementines
soynuts

dinner
hamburger on WW sandwich thin w/tomato and onion
butternut squash chips w/ SB ketchup

EmmaD
10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
1: blueberry smoothie (blueberries, 1/4 banana, greek yogurt, spinach, almond milk)

I made this today! 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries, 1/2 a nearly green banana, homemade yogurt, about a cup of spinach and I didn't add any more liquid (my yogurt is not Greek yogurt thick) but did add a scoop of unsweetened protein powder. Really good! I just have a regular blender and I couldn't see the spinach at all. Mostly it tasted like blueberry/underripe banana. Yum!

I think I might try freezing the banana.

zeffryn
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
freezing the banana will make it nice and creamy. I usually buy a bunch of bananas and cut them up, freeze them on a cookie sheet and then put into a bag. about a cup is a full medium banana.

SouthernJudy
10-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Phase II day three

I'm staying on plan and I have added a fruit back in which has been great.

B: 2 eggs scrambled & two strips turkey bacon
v8 juice and coffee
S: a few almonds
L:3/4 C. brown beans
S: Nectarine
D: Not sure yet

If some one looks my menu over could you let me know if i'm doing ok on this. I lost 6.6 so far :-)

chubbybunny29
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
SouthernJudy - I'd make sure you're getting in the 4.5 cups of veggies. I make sure each snack has some, even if it seems random to add them. The other thing I've found great is some of the phase 1 soups are really veggie heavy so you're not always snacking on nothing but raw veggies.

jyoyo78
10-13-2010, 04:59 PM
@ Emma and Zeffryn....do you use raw spinach....frozen spinach...for your smoothies? Sounds like a great way to get that spinach in there! :)

SouthernJudy
10-13-2010, 05:31 PM
SouthernJudy - I'd make sure you're getting in the 4.5 cups of veggies. I make sure each snack has some, even if it seems random to add them. The other thing I've found great is some of the phase 1 soups are really veggie heavy so you're not always snacking on nothing but raw veggies.
Thanks so much, more veggies for me!! :-) I'm learning more everyday. Agin thank you.

Lexxiss
10-13-2010, 06:55 PM
@ Emma and Zeffryn....do you use raw spinach....frozen spinach...for your smoothies? Sounds like a great way to get that spinach in there! :)

I use fresh. I have a vitamix, so my smoothies end up having practically anything and everything in them x 2 , one for my DH. He liked his today and couldn't identify the ingredients; cauliflower, carrot (P2), sm. apple, 1/4 c raspberries, spinach and a slice of ginger. My mid-morning snack.

SouthernJudy, I think it gets easier and easier to add veggies. I went thru my veggies in the fridge today so I don't waste anything. (thats how the cauliflower ended up in the smoothie!) I had extra cabbage, so I steamed it and added a serving with my lunch salad which was already veggie loaded.

zeffryn
10-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I use fresh, though I have used frozen in a pinch.

Bah. I need a vitamix.

Usernametaken
10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
B-Steel cut oats with cocoa, cinnamon and agave
L-Stuffed peppers (stuffed with ground beef, brown and wild rice, tomatoes, and mozzerella)
D-Brinner FTW! Veggie scramble with 2 eggs, turkey bacon, 1 slice of ww bread with brummel and brown
S-apple and laughing cow

zeffryn
10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
UNT - LOL @ Brinner. My husband and I call it that too.

--
1: chocolate cherry smoothie (choc. protein, almond milk, frozen cherries, spinach)
2:leftover quinoa with veggies over spinach
3: coconut lara bar
4: half banana w/ peanut butter
5: family is having red beans and rice while i go to yoga. i'll scrounge after the gym.

jyoyo78
10-14-2010, 04:38 PM
he he....never heard of Brinner before...I'm gonna have to use that one ;)

b'fast
coffee w/sf creamer

lunch
homemade refried beans
eggplant casserole

snack
nf vanilla yogurt

dinner
chicken taco bake
WW tortilla chips and salsa
homemade refried beans

I need to add more veggies....argh. All the beans I've been eating the last couple of days are really starting....to....um....er.....effect me!! lol My poor family ;)

jyoyo78
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=zeffryn;3521699]
1: chocolate cherry smoothie (choc. protein, almond milk, frozen cherries, spinach)
QUOTE]

Thanks for listing the ingredients....I'm getting ideas!!! :p

BelovedK
10-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I've stayed OP even though I have been going through this post accident aftermath. Today though, I ate leftovers for breakfast and lunch (trying to muster up the energy to cook) and almonds and string cheese for a snack.

I did (do) have the urge to snack though (on bad things) but not a huge urge, it feels more important to stay on this roll :)

zeffryn
10-14-2010, 05:38 PM
iyoyo - the chocolate cherry smoothie is my favorite. it tastes so decadent. it's even better with frozen tart cherries, but I can rarely find those. I use one scoop choc. protein, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen cherries and a giant handful of spinach. yum! I like to have them for dinner during TOM when I'm having massive chocolate cravings.

Beloved - great job staying on plan! that is some dedication, girl!

TallandThin
10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone, Day four of Phase 1 for me. The first couple of days were pretty hard as I kept thinking about all of the wrong things that I've been eating. But that being said, I'm on track and doing alright except I'm having a hard time getting the snacks plus all three meals in. I also need to improve my planning.

Lexxiss
10-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Bah. I need a vitamix.

I hear ya....I waited for years and just did it last month. I figured I've been following SBD for 1-1/2 yrs now and it was a gift to myself.

I have tart cherries in the freezer, I think I'll try that, Zeff!

B-Smoothie(peach/protein/greens powder/ginger/spinach/cilantro
L-lots of veggies salad, serving of Thai trail mix, sauteed shaggy mane mushrooms
S-yogurt and sprouted toast w/hummus
smoothie(raspberries, chia seeds, spinach, broccoli)
D-Pasta and cauliflower casserole, salad
S-honeycrisp apple w/almond butter

jyoyo78
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
okay.....what's a vitamix?

Usernametaken
10-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Zef And Jyoyo- Can't take credidt for "brinner," I think I heard it on Scrubs (lol). My family goes nutso on Brinner night, though. You'd think it was Christmas!

B-Chocolate PB oatmeal (oh so good)
S-Honeycrisp apple
L-Sweet potato, lentil, and kale soup
D-Tofu, zucchini, and broccoli stirfry w/peanut sauce over 1/2 c brown rice

Speaking of staying OP, my schools are currently involved in a candy sale and my classroom smells like chocolate all day. Good think I don't carry cash as a rule, otherwise I would be in TROUBLE.

BelovedK
10-14-2010, 08:34 PM
okay.....what's a vitamix?

It's an extremely high quality blender/juicer. One of the benefits of "juicing" with the VM is that you get the whole veggie, and not just the juice.

zeffryn
10-15-2010, 10:24 AM
A vitamix is like the best blender ever.

UNT - that is where we heard it too :)

ugh. weird weight gain this week. i have an IUD so I have really weird cycles but I'm guessing that I'm due for a TOM - I woke up kind of crampy this morning. At least I hope that is what it is.

-
1: chocolate cherry smoothie
workout
2: ww veggie wrap (cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olive, hummus, red onions, spinach)
3: half banana w/ almond butter
4: sushi night @ a friend's house. bringing ww sesame noodles and a salad.

exercise: 1 hour treadmill intervals, strength training
I'm so down about this gain. :(

jyoyo78
10-15-2010, 01:02 PM
b'fast
coffee w/sf creamer

lunch
chicken taco bake
eggplant casserole

snack
yogurt

dinner
crab meat salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and pine nuts
pork rinds

snack
nsa fudgsicle

I'm still up in weight from last week...not a lot...but gees...makes me feel like I'm NEVER going to get to the 180's!!! ugh!!

I finally went to the gym last night...felt so good!!! I gotta remember that good feeling and quit being so darn lazy! lol But, it's SO easy to be lazy...lol

I'm gonna have to check out those vita mixer things...I've just been using my magic bullet...which is okay, but I think the blades are getting dull or something...just doesn't blend like it used to.

TallandThin
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Day 5 of phase 1 and still on plan! Huge change in the way I've been eating so I'm proud of myself.
B - 2 eggs, 1 slice turkey bacon, V-8, decaf coffee w/sf creamer.
L - 3 chicken wraps w/red,yellow,grn diced peppers, spinach, lettuce, onion.
D - Crab salad w/cucumber, onion, cabbage, tomato, zucchini, radish.
S - Vanilla Ricotta

EmmaD
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Ugh, not eating on a good schedule, trying again today

Phase 2, no grains

B - coffee with 1% milk. Berry yogurt smoothie (with lowfat yogurt, a scoop of soy protein powder, 1/2 cup wild blueberries and 1/2 a nearly green banana). 2 veggie sausages, just 'cause they looked good when I opened the freezer for the blueberries.
L - shirataki noodles with peanut sauce and a lot of broccoli
S - hummus with orange pepper strips and carrots and celery
S2 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a serving of organic strawberries
D - Mediterranean salad with romaine lettuce, shrimp, feta cheese, olives etc (out)
Dessert - 1/2 a honeycrisp apple with 1 oz raw walnuts
100-cal microwave popcorn with nutritional yeast if I'm feeling like going all out

TallandThin
10-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I saw where someone listed sf yogurt. Is that homemade as I can't find any that is sf. Plenty of lf and ff but so far no sf. If you know of a brand or where I can buy sf yogurt, I would love to be able to find some.

EmmaD
10-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw where someone listed sf yogurt. Is that homemade as I can't find any that is sf. Plenty of lf and ff but so far no sf. If you know of a brand or where I can buy sf yogurt, I would love to be able to find some.

Do you mean sugar-free? Most plain yogurt is sugar-free (or I should say, without added sugars. There will always be sugars in yogurt from the milk). I say *most* as I bought a soy yogurt AND a coconut yogurt, plain, that were both sweetened! But all the plain (milk) yogurt I have seen has been without added sugar. I buy nonfat plain Greek yogurt, no sugars added there. And when we make our own yogurt we use organic 1% milk and don't add anything except a bit of yogurt for the bacteria.

There are a whole bunch of artificially sweetened yogurts out there that would technically be sugar-free. There was a thread recently about what was SBD-compliant.

zeffryn
10-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Emma, did you like the coconut milk yogurt?

Ya'll. The wrap I made today was phenomenal. WW tortilla (small, fajita sized), spread with roasted garlic hummus and then topped with spinach, sliced cukes, tomatoes and red onion, then sprinkled with a few kalamata olives and a small smattering of feta. holy yummy. that + a honeycrisp apple made a fantastic picnic lunch.

-
Took a pregnancy test this afternoon. Negative. Thank God. I got all nervous about it after talking to a friend about this weird gain and she brought it up. I couldn't get it off of my mind after that.

TallandThin
10-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks EmmaD. I see that I have a lot to learn. I know that milk has sugar and I couldn't understand when folks were saying they were eating sugar free yogurt. But if I am understanding it now, yogurt is alright as long as there is no "added" sugar. For instance plain fat free or low fat yogurt's ingredients list several grams of sugar but that is alright in phase 1?

jyoyo78
10-15-2010, 06:36 PM
@Lamay - someone correct me if I'm wrong. But the nutritional stats might say there are X grams of sugar (which is from the milk). It's the list of actualy ingredients you want to look at to make sure it doesn't list: sugar, high fructose cory syrup, etc, etc.

I had the same issue when I started SB...I wasn't getting hung up on the fact that the nutrition label said carbs or sugars....rather than looking at the actualy ingredients to find out where those carbs and sugars are coming from. I hope that helps, rather than hinders you :o)

Zeff....you're funny...I would have the same reaction at a negative preggers test...lol...phew!!!

zeffryn
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
iyoyo - not that i totally don't have baby fever and I wouldn't love another little baby...just not right now. ;) I felt kind of bad fist pumping at a negative test.

SB is a lot of label reading, and more than just the listed facts. It gets easier with practice and time. :)

BelovedK
10-15-2010, 09:04 PM
I totally stayed OP :carrot: I just served my DH pesto pasta and zucchini, and I just ate the veggies. I did put a little pesto on them though. I'm eating hummus right now.

Oh, I got him carrot cake because he had a really hard day today, but I resisted it :)

(I couldn't make him one, because, well... that would just be too difficult, but I don't mind it being here. )

TallandThin
10-15-2010, 10:00 PM
iyoyo78.........thank you! That makes sense to me now.

Usernametaken
10-15-2010, 10:28 PM
B-Pb oatmeal
L-Sweet potato, kale, and lentil soup (had this for lunch 3 times this week and I'm actually sad to see the leftovers go)
S-Half a grilled apple topped with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice (oh, so good)
D-Not sure. It's about 3 hours past my normal dinner time and I'm still not hungry, but there's leftover stirfry waiting for me when the tummy starts rumbling.
Happy Friday everyone!

jyoyo78
10-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Oh zeff....fist pumping at the negative...I LOVE it...I would be doing the same thing. lol I hear ya though, I'm the same way...wouldn't mind having a little baby, but definitely not right now...ugh

Username....dumb question, but how do you grill an apple? That sounds really tasty!!

zeffryn
10-16-2010, 12:37 AM
grilled apple does sound really tasty. over the summer, dh and I would grill peaches and then top them with a bit of sweetened greek yogurt. yum!

EmmaD
10-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Emma, did you like the coconut milk yogurt?
Took a pregnancy test this afternoon. Negative. Thank God. I got all nervous about it after talking to a friend about this weird gain and she brought it up. I couldn't get it off of my mind after that.

I liked the yogurt a lot but it was just way too sweet. I haven't found unsweetened coconut yogurt yet... LOL about the pregnancy test. Been there. Woot!

Thanks EmmaD. I see that I have a lot to learn. I know that milk has sugar and I couldn't understand when folks were saying they were eating sugar free yogurt. But if I am understanding it now, yogurt is alright as long as there is no "added" sugar. For instance plain fat free or low fat yogurt's ingredients list several grams of sugar but that is alright in phase 1?

I have been doing SBD on and off for more than three years now and I am still learning. [note plain coconut yogurt above that I bought with sugar in it; that was just a few weeks ago]. It's a constant learning process. But luckily I think it is fun :)

S-Half a grilled apple topped with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice (oh, so good)

That's so funny - I JUST cut out a recipe from Eating Well magazine for a grilled apple & cheddar salad. I had never even thought of that before and now here are all of you talking about it. I love the things I learn here!

Today's plan... Arrg, I have not been off plan recently, but off MY plan. So while it may seem like I repeat a lot of stuff usually it means I didn't eat something from the day before :p In fact, I often just cut and paste from my previous posts...

Phase 2
B - coffee with 1% milk
walking, yoga
1/2 c. nf cottage cheese with sliced organic strawberries and cinnamon
L - shirataki noodles with peanut sauce and a lot of broccoli
S - hummus with orange pepper strips and carrots and celery
S2 -1/2 a honeycrisp apple with some lf cheddar cheese slices
D - I'm afraid will be out with friends. I'll do the best I can :) ONE glass of wine.

zeffryn
10-16-2010, 02:57 PM
husband took me out for breakfast this morning. i forget sometimes how sweet he is.

the restaurant we went to is known for their cinnamon rolls, i was pretty proud of myself for not eating an entire one. we ordered a small (still way too big for one person) and split it into 4 pieces for the table. i had a few nibbles on one quarter.

-

1&2 (Brunch): fruit and yogurt parfait (lots of fruit and vanilla yogurt + a bit of granola), a few bites of a bran muffin
3: veggie wrap
4: honeycrisp apple w/ a bit of almond butter

exercise: 1 hour of treadmill intervals

Usernametaken
10-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Jyoyo-We just cut the apple in quarters and cut of the core, then sprinkled a liberal amount of apple-friendly spices. We tried both Red Delicious and Honeycrisp, and the Honeycrisp worked best. Indirect grill over medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes (we but ours on the upper rack opposite the heat).

B-Buckwheat pancakes (2 very small) with agave nectar and an egg
L-SF PB + Jelly on whole wheat (time crunch here)
D-Went out for mediterranean-falafel, hummus, greek salad, roasted cauliflower, and then more falafel and hummus :)