Chicks up for a Challenge - w.O.W. Halloween Challenge Week 6

View Full Version : w.O.W. Halloween Challenge Week 6

jcatron243
10-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Yep it is. Week 6!

Halloween is stalking us!!

I doubt I will be around much this week. But I will try to check in when I can.

mothermavis
10-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Well, still got a feww weeks left, won't get out of the 140's this challenge, but should get into them!!

W 100
E Walk at lunch, maybe a run after work, see how the knees feel. Elliptical if they don't cooperate
E OP
D One day at a time

SeaWave
10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Just back from a week-end at the in-laws - they were celebrating a wedding anniversary. Missed the party - wasn't feeling well - but saw all the people that count to me anyway. Food was a little difficult as we had an extra passenger in the car, and no space to pack a cooler as I usually do. Most of my choices were healthy, though, so I'm pretty pleased. Back on track this week, and on to Hallowe'en!

My WEED:
W - 8 X 8oz
E - my pedometer stalls at around 4,000 steps, so that's my minimum; add on weight training and/or cardio as energy allows
E - stay on plan, esp. low sodium!
D - just get through radiation therapy - session 10/25 tomorrow

Have a good week everyone!

WillsAngel
10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Helloo ladies!!!
Sea Wave - just half way there on the radiation!!! Hang in there!! And good job staying on plan over the weekend!!!

Mother Mavis - if you don't get out of the 140's you will be darned close!!!

I went to the state fair yesterday and had an 1/8th of a funnel cake, corn on the cob with butter and 4 0z of fried alligator my calories for the day were 1750 so I am not to upset.

W- 64oz +
E - 20 minutes treadmill, incline 5.5 @ 2.6 mph, 30 minutes weight training and 60 minute Zumba class
E - right back on plan at 1496 calories!!
D - Battle valiantly with pre TOM depression and craving to binge

jcatron243
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
MM you are totally right. Lets totally get into the next few weeks of this challenge!!!!!!!

I worked out lightly for an hour today. but at least I went to the gym!

I got my car back :) so I am really truly happy about that.

Life is good. even with all the stresses I have the love of my life, and my children. I have no reason to be down. so I am pulling myself together. I think I have pinpointed a reason for my recent bout of depression. I think its because my baby is in school. Everytime I see a baby, I think I want one. Logicallly I dont, I know I don't. But I miss having Tommy here with me. (and he is onlly going half days, next year is going to kill me). Anyway I think now that I have admitted it to myself, I will start feeling better.

W 64 oz (half way there)
E 60 minutes done
E 1600 cals
D Be happy! tryint to

MamaP
10-12-2010, 05:51 PM
I can't believe we are into week 6 and I'm only down about 5 lbs since the start of this challenge. Can't believe my goal was to be in onederland by the ball (Nov. 4) and it doesn't even look like I'm gonna get out of the 2-teens. Frustrating. No more deadline-type number goals for me. Hopefully the scale will start moving downward soon.

Hope everyone has a good week.

WillsAngel
10-12-2010, 09:27 PM
JC - ((Hugs)) I cried when my son went to kindergarten, maybe you could volunteer at his school and do activities with the kids, if you have enough free time. I know it is hard but just think how he is going to thrive and the fun he is gonna have.

MamaP - Don't beat yourself up, you look fabulous in that gown, you are not only losing weight but you are improving your health and you have accomplished what a lot of people haven't!!! ((Hugs))

W-64 oz +
E- 60 minutes treadmill, 30 mins. weight training
E- right at 1500 calories!!
D-keeping busy so I don't give in to TOM depression

jcatron243
10-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Willsangel~I cant volunteer right now because I have PT when he is in school. but after the first of the year I will do some volunteering.

Work again today. Two more days. I hope they go better than the last few.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes. I am going to workout tonight. No swim team, just a parents meeting :)
E 1400 cals
D Use every step to my benefit!

mtiger
10-13-2010, 08:22 PM
GEESH!! Things have gotten busy this week. Took Monday off to work on the barn...that was fun!! We are MEAP testing at school...huge deal. WOrking out late every night, but getting it in. Weight is up and I want to hurt something. I seriously do not know what to do differently. I think I will be in the 170's for the rest of my life. Ladies..Keep up the good work. Any ideas or suggestions...send them my way.

SeaWave
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Just popping in to say hi! and that I haven't forgotten you! Radiation therapy is really sapping my energy, so I'm not posting much (but I am lurking!) Nice to see everyone keeping it up!

WillsAngel - keeping on track at 1500 cals - I can't imagine how you do that and work out the way you do!

Jeni - the first day my son went to the caregiver's, he slammed the door in my face when I went to pick him up. Luckily, she reassured me that he just didn't want to be the first to leave and miss anything, and she was right. But, boy, it took everything I had to not stand there bawling! Of course you're a little down with your son off, even if it's only half a day. But you'll get used to it and be amazed at his learning and growing.

Kris (MamaP) and mtiger - I hate weight-related deadlines and goals. I tend to go for the behaviour ones (lowering sodium intake) or activity ones (5000 steps 7 days in a row). Weight loss is a nice-to-have for me, but my focus is really on the lifestyle/health changes. Maybe that would work for you too?

Hugs to everyone, and have a good end-of-week!

WillsAngel
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Weed for 10/13/10

W - 640z +
E- Mile walk with sister and mom
E- only about 1100 cal but it was a lot of food
D-My neighbor noticed my weight loss!!! YAY

JasonsLea
10-14-2010, 07:10 PM
:wave: everyone!

New mini semester starts on Monday. All computer courses for me so easy-peasy. I got into it with my landlord so I have to find another place to live next month. I'm actually relieved. Ready for my own space again.

Hoping for another loss tomorrow! :crossed:

:grouphug:

WillsAngel
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey all!!

W - 64oz +
E- 20 minutes weight training 60 minute Zumba class
E- at about 1000 cals, not very hungry today.
D - trying to ignore the bloating from pre-TOM

mothermavis
10-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Finally had to buy a new used car. Pick it up tomorrow, so that will be good, except for the payments...

W 100
E Did crunches but that's it
E OP
D Keeping at it

jcatron243
10-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone. Today is friday :woohoo: no work, but tons of house work and babysitting today. No school.

I am working on a new workout plan and food plan. My weight is up a total of 15 pounds now. I know I can get it back off and I am starting to pull myself together and do it today.

1: run. 35 minutes. I wont let the fact that I cant go as fast anymore.
2. use the arm pedalling machine for 10 minute. I use this in PT. Its not a high calorie burner, but it will help relax my muscles. Work on nautalis machines. low weights for arms. Cool down on the elliptical for 10 minutes. Then sit in the steam room to relax everything for 20minutes. By the time I'm done it will be time for a quick lunch then pick up the kids from school. (since there is no school today I have to leave out the steam room).

Food: Well I know what works for me. No carbs at night. No sugar. No soda. So I am going back to that plan. 1500 cals to start with, but once I get more into salads for lunch, chicken and veggies for dinner, my cal count will be down to 1200. I will finally be back to the point where I can stock up on good veggies and salad. No more fixating on price over calories.

I am feeling really pumped up about this plan. I know I will get back to my old self again!!

W 80 oz
E What I said
E 1500 cals
D house work. keep moving.

jcatron243
10-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Got in a great workout today. A bit sore, but doing well.

jcatron243
10-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Good Morning.

W80 oz
E 35 cardio 10 arm pedal 15 weights 10 cardio
E 1500 cals
D buy good healthy foods/ stay within budget/

kris2008
10-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Sounds like you are working hard, thinking positive and taking it day by day. My kind of people! We still have 1/2 of October left - we can do great things!

W 6 cups a day - it's more than I've been doing
E 40 min cardio - treadmill or elliptical, yoga stretches daily, stairs at work, stay on my feet at night while watching tv - weights, lunges, step
E 1200 + unlimited veggies
D No excuses, no rationalizations, no rebellions - eye on the prize

SeaWave
10-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone! Nice to see everyone getting back on plan.

My WEED:
W - 8 X 8oz - still working well. I bring water to the hospital with me too.
E - my pedometer stalls at around 4,000 steps, so that's my minimum; add on weight training and/or cardio as energy allows
E - stay on plan, esp. low sodium!
D - just get through radiation therapy - halfway through! (Did 13/25 yesterday)

Plan to go out in the woods later today - it's so beautiful here, and soon the snow will be flying so I want to take advantage of every nice day. Have a great week-end everyone!

zoochick777
10-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone, I've been missing for a while, but I'm back!! My life has been very hectic lately. I quit my job as a zookeeper because my joints just couldn't handle the physical labor. I was having extreme back pain every night and was having trouble sleeping. So I went to the doctor and turns out I have some kind of degenerative back problem, and if I wasn't so young my doctor would have put me in physical therapy. I had already decided to go back to school to get a Master of Arts in Teaching for Elementary Education (including Special Education), so I decided to take a position as a 3rd grade special needs teacher assistant. I started my new job about a month ago, and started grad school full time this semester. I'm trying to get back on track with healthy eating, and now, since I can't get my exercise in at work anymore, I have to find a way to incorporate exercise into my day again. I'm trying to catch up on schoolwork so that I can go to sleep earlier and wake up 45 minutes earlier in the morning to exercise. Hopefully it'll work!!!

I'm a little late starting this challenge, but I'm shooting to lose 1 lb per week. So by Halloween I'd like to be 2 lbs down.
CW: 180
GW: 178

jcatron243
10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
:hug: Hi Kasey~~~~Its so good to see you! I'm sorry the job at the zoo didn't workout but a MA in teaching is great! I'm sorry to hear about your back problems. What does the doc recommend? I've been in Physical Therapy for a month now for a shoulder injury. I am incorporating what I have learned into my weight regimine.

Kris2008~ :welcome: to the group.

Skipped the last 10 of cardio during todays workout because DH was done. but the rest of the workout is done.

zoochick777
10-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Jeni - She really didn't recommend anything. She just told me I shouldn't be lifting any heavy things (at work I had to consistently carry 50 pound bags of animal food or litter). She also gave me 400 mg Lodine pills to take when the pain flares up. Apparently the pain will sometimes randomly get bad, and that's when I'm supposed to take the pills. I have noticed a difference though since I've switched jobs. Instead of hurting every night, it only hurts maybe 2-3 times per week. I'm hoping it'll keep getting better.

WillsAngel
10-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!!

Welcome to Kris!! Way to go on earning your MA, JC hope your next week won't be so hectic, MamaP, MotherMavis, Sea Wave, Lea!! Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods!! I apologize if I forgot anyone!!

Weed for 10-15

W- 78 0z
E-did laundry-it was a rest day
E- just at 1400 calories
D - My neighbor noticed my weight loss and classmates in my zumba class said i would make a great zumba teacher!! :-D

Weed for 10-16

W-64+ oz
E- rest day again, knees are creaking horrible and in LOTS of pain
E- going to end up at 1500 calories
D - I looked long and hard at myself in the mirror while being in the buff

mothermavis
10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
I finally got my new used car!! I have been driving a 1997 since 2000, so it's a big deal for me.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am slowly getting my mojo back.

W not too bad today! Looking to still get 20 or so more
E Was the dreamill today, but I did it
E Has been good too
D Took most of the day for downtime. Was in desperate need of some!

WillsAngel
10-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey everyone!!! I am having the best weekend!!! My B/F called me last night and says, "Baby, have you seen the moon tongiht?" Me - "Not yet" B/F -"Will you do me a favor and just go outside and look at it with me?" (He is in Louisiana and I am in TX) Me-"Sure baby." I go out on my patio and he says - "Now lean forward" Me - "um, okay." He says - "Now kiss me." AND HE POPPED UP IN FRONT OF ME!!!!! He totally took me by surprise, I had no clue that he was driving up here!!! He hugged me and said, "OMG baby, I can reach all the way around you now and then some!! :-D

Mother Mavis - Gratz on the car, I just bought my first car every 2 months ago!!

W- 64+ oz
E-had fried chicken wings today other then that right on target with calories and food.
E - Mile and half walk and mind blowing bedroom fun!!
D - give thinks for all my life's blessings

SeaWave
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm guessing Jeni will start a new thread today, so I'll post on there. Just wanted to say congrats to Mother Mavis on the new car, and to WillsAngel - what a romantic boyfriend you have!

See you in the next thread!

MamaP
10-18-2010, 01:42 PM
AND HE POPPED UP IN FRONT OF ME!!!!!

This is very sweet but I think I would have had a heart attack . . . or wet myself . . . or both!

jcatron243
10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/215116-w-o-w-halloween-challenge-week-7-a.html#post3526932

This weeks thread. Sorry its so late!

WillsAngel~thats so great!