Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 4 (10/11 - 10/17)

Hello Blue Team great effort this week, I'm not sure how we have done overall we had a few gains (mines the biggest) but we are in a new week now so onward we move.

I will post the results once I hear from Shan on how the red team did this week.

As far as we go Congratulations to our biggest losers for the week
Biggest Loser:
Lolcat, -3 lbs, -1.47%

Honorable mentions:
Muffentop, -2.6 lbs, -1.28%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.2 lbs, -1.26%
Matilda08, -2.8 lbs, -1.22%

I am back in town and ready for the new week was bad again today and maybe until Wed as tomorrow is Thanksgiving and then Tue is my birthday and I am eating my way through all the freebies at the resturants. Maybe not the smartest thing to do but it should be fun.

Have a great night I will be back later to post and enjoy the rest of the night
As far as dates it 10-10-10 today
Old 10-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/240/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
Wishing all Teammates a great new week and a fresh start. It’s great to see so many of you sticking with it. Looks like the red team had to eliminate quite a few this week. I finally made it out of the 250’s! Now I’m going to work hard to stay there and keep losing.

inklestinkle- How is your daughter doing? I hope you are all enjoying better health and that your stress levels are down. Congratulations on your weight loss despite it being such a rough week.

Mercy03- So sorry to hear about your mom. How lucky she is to have your love, care, and support. Hope that the blood transfusions and shots have helped her.

gypsychic- Congratulations on sticking to p90x That is one tough program. Your lost inches are impressive and proves that it‘s working despite the weight gain.

Bigmid- Happy Thanksgiving and Birthday and welcome home. You are so close to goal. How long has it taken you and do you have any tips for the rest of us?

babygrant- I’m so sorry you have to wait until the end of Nov to get some relief. I’m sad you are suffering so much. Please keep us updated on your condition. You will be missed.

lolcat- Congratulation on completing so many goals at once and you have another big one coming up any day-one-derland!

OrganizedChaos- You are so brave. I want to hear all about your training and your upcoming race. Glad you had a nice vacation with the family.

NancyO- Welcome home. You’ll have a good loss next week. 2.6 lbs isn’t bad for a week off of plan. I had a 9 lb gain last week. You can imagine how discouraged I was but I got to work and was able to get if off this week and then some. Must have been mostly water gain so hopefully yours is too.

All Psyched Up- Hope the yoga has helped your back pain.

Soon2BFitChick- Hope you’ve gotten some help from your gastro doctor.

dream710- Congratulations on pushing through the spin class. I’d love to hear all about it, like did you do any bike training before taking it. I want to try one but am really fearful of not being about to make it through a whole class. Any tips would be appreciated. It looks like an awesome workout for a good calorie burn. How did your body pump class go?

Rochester- Thanks for posting your meals. It looks like you eat very healthy. I am interested in how the Cottage Pie turned out. Did you like it? Hope your feeling better.

Congratulations to Lolcat, Muffentop, Soon2BFitChick,
Matilda08, and all of our losers this past week!

Last edited by fitin2008; 10-11-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #3  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Good morning Blue team!!! It's a new week. Those of us with a gain... we just need to make this a better week! I'm determined to get into the 260s this week. I know we can get our gain gone, and make this the best week ever!! Those with good losses... CONGRATS!!!

LOLCAT! WTG on being the BIGGEST BLUE LOSER!!! Awesome girlfriend! Take pride in that!

Hope everyone has a GREAT week this week! I'm going to try and get an hour in on the elliptical. In fact, I've set goals for myself this week, and am starting my goal reward change jar back up. My goals this week are:

1. Eat at LEAST 1200 calories a day (for some reason I'm having trouble eating all my calories).
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
3. Consume at least 4 liters of water a day.
4. Start a recipe book with the new recipes I've been trying.
5. PLAN PLAN PLAN
Old 10-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #4  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
As far as we go Congratulations to our biggest losers for the week
Biggest Loser:
Lolcat, -3 lbs, -1.47%

Honorable mentions:
Muffentop, -2.6 lbs, -1.28%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.2 lbs, -1.26%
Matilda08, -2.8 lbs, -1.22%
Congratulations to the blue team Ms. Cat congratulations on being the biggest loser

Ms.Bigmid what happened? You decided to give me a chance this time?

I haven't had a chance to catch up on personals,thank you all for the kind words.I am going to pick up my Mother from the hospital this afternoon,so things are looking up.Hopefully I will get back on track this week.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #5  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Congrats to this week's winners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitin2008 View Post
Rochester- Thanks for posting your meals. It looks like you eat very healthy. I am interested in how the Cottage Pie turned out. Did you like it? Hope your feeling better.
Thanks for commenting on my food log. I was seriously thinking about not doing it this week because I was telling myself "If no one reads it, what's the point? Who am I being accountable to?" Now I know that it IS being read...so thanks!

The Cottage Pie was okay but not great. I've found that when I try to re-create a favorite dish to make it healthier and lower carb, my brain (or inner child) will not believe it's equally as good. I do better trying all new recipes (which I've found many of lately!).

I am trying to learn to eat healthy well-balanced meals. I don't want to do "diet food." I want to learn how to eat in a way that I can maintain forever. Some days it's easy, some days it's not, but I always know it's worth it!

Last edited by Rochester; 10-11-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 AM   #6  

Okay I just posted the results and the Red Team won this week but we will take it again next week.

fitin2008 - Congrats for making it out of the 250's that's awesome

JackieHollow - Those sound like some great goals keep it up

Mercy - That's exactly why I decided to gain I knew you needed a break this week...lol I am glad you get to pick your mom up from the hospital and that things are looking up for her. I hope both of us can get back on track this week

Rochester - For my first challange I posted all the time in the food log but it was so I was accountalbe to myself and that's what is important. I also used it as my tool to go back on if I was having a good week so I could duplicate meals.

Well off to bed have a great night everyone.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #7  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Tuesday already? Congrats to everyone who lost this week. I seem to be stuck. Joined the gym last week and made it there four days, twice on two of the days, had a fire drill at work and had to walk down 27 flights of stairs, did a (walking) 5k on the treadmill on Sunday this week (55 minutes), 30 minutes today and the scale still isn't moving. It's very frustrating. I had a family reunion on Saturday and was off plan with my food, but I still had a very large calorie deficit for the week. Hopefully the scale will start cooperating soon. I have 3 1/2 weeks until the Marine Corps Ball and my dress is still a little snug.

Hope everyone has a good week. BBL for personals.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #8  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I had this big reply yesterday that I posted and I swear it disappeared. The gist of it was CONGRATS to Lolcat for being our biggest loser and a big to everyone who lost weight this week. Any loss is a move in the right direction, and get you that much closer to goal. You all are an inspiration!

MamaP, you don't have too much of a calorie deficit, do you? That can definitely make the scale not move. Have you ever tried calorie shifting? If say, you eat 1600 calories a day, take 300 calories and move them. For instance. Eat 1600 on Monday, 1900 on Tuesday and 1300 on Wednesday. Doing this helps keep your metabolism guessing. Do it twice in the week, and it can help blast you through a plateau. It has worked for me the few times that I have done it. There is a lot of info out there about calorie shifting.

Last edited by Jennie527; 10-12-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Cat on being our biggest loser! Great job to all our other losers as well. I posted a half pound last week, not as big as I would of liked but considering I was off plan on eating and added a couple of new workouts to my plan I'll take it.

fit-Way to go on getting out of the 250's Thanks for asking about my spin class. I didn't do any bike training prior i just worked on my endurance. I'll pm you more about it. The body pump class went great. I think it'll push me more than doing weights on my own.

Jackie-looks like you have a great plan. I love the rewards jar idea.

Mercy-glad to hear your mom gets to come home!

Rochester-Good for you eating well balanced meals. I think its the best way to go long term. Cottage pie sounds interesting!

Mamap-I bet your retaining water from all the added activity. Keep with it you'll see the results. Are you getting excited for the ball

Last edited by dream710; 10-12-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #10  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

@Jennie527 - I saw on the workout thread that you started C25K! Good luck....I love that program. It totally made me fall in love with running.

@All Psyched Up - On last week's workout thread, you listed belly dancing. Are you taking classes or using a DVD?

Last edited by Rochester; 10-12-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #11  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennie527 View Post
MamaP, you don't have too much of a calorie deficit, do you? That can definitely make the scale not move. Have you ever tried calorie shifting? If say, you eat 1600 calories a day, take 300 calories and move them. For instance. Eat 1600 on Monday, 1900 on Tuesday and 1300 on Wednesday. Doing this helps keep your metabolism guessing. Do it twice in the week, and it can help blast you through a plateau. It has worked for me the few times that I have done it. There is a lot of info out there about calorie shifting.
I don't think I have too much of a deficit. According to my GWF my average deficit over the past 14 days is 895 a day. Below is the deficits for each day since the first of the month (Tuesday 10/7 was a training session with my MMA figher son):

Mon. 10/11 ~ Consumed 1292 ** Burned 2235 ** Deficit 943
Sun. 10/10 ~ Consumed 1412 ** Burned 2306 ** Deficit 894
Sat. 10/9 ~ Consumed 2103 ** Burned 2514 ** Deficit 411
Fri. 10/8 ~ Consumed 2742 ** Burned 2344 ** Deficit +398
Thur. 10/7 ~ Consumed 1506 ** Burned 2018 ** Deficit 512
Wed. 10/6 ~ Consumed 1220 ** Burned 2296 ** Deficit 1076
Tue. 10/5 ~ Consumed 1240 ** Burned 2668 ** Deficit 1478
Mon. 10/4 ~ Consumed 1363 ** Burned 2457 ** Deficit 1093
Sun. 10/3 ~ Consumed 1411 ** Burned 2476 ** Deficit 1237
Sat. 10/2 ~ Consumed 1217 ** Burned 2454 ** Deficit 1237
Fri. 10/1 ~ Consumed 1506 ** Burned 2423 ** Deficit 917

Total deficit is 9228 which should translate to a loss of 2.6 lbs and today I'm sitting at 216.5 and on the first I was 216.6. I drink tons of water. I do think maybe I have too many days in the 1200 calorie range. It's just so frustrating (that frustration is what led to Friday's 2700+ calories). I've only lost 5 lbs since the beginning of August (and it was all lost in September).
Old 10-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #12  

Morning just dropping by before I head out the door. I am eating my way through my Birthday today (don't worry I'm already 2lbs down from Sunday)

Nancy, mom, and I are going to see what we can do today and where I can eat for free. I also joined some places that give you free coupons. Coupons alone (whether I use them or not) are an awesome Birthday gift....lol I love to save.

MamaP - It sounds like you have the exercise thing down pat....WTG just make sure you are eating your calories or you will be stuck.

Jennie527 - don't you hate it when the big posts dissappear. Now I do a right click copy just in case it goes away I can just paste it again.

dream710 - a 1/2 pound in the down direction is still fantastic. Keep it up.

Well off to see what the day will bring. Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #13  
Professional dieter

MamaP, it looks to me like you are doing things right. The scale not moving can be very disheartening, but know that you are on the right track, and even when we aren't losing pounds, we can still be losing inches. And you are doing an EXCELLENT job of adopting a healthier lifestyle. That weight will come off! All this muscle you are building is gonna turn you into a lean, mean, fat-burning machine! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Jennie527; 10-12-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #14  
Professional dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
@Jennie527 - I saw on the workout thread that you started C25K! Good luck....I love that program. It totally made me fall in love with running.
Thanks! I thought I was gonna fall over while I was doing it. LOL I kept telling myself "okay, I get to walk for 90 sec....keep going it's gonna be great" and then when I was closer to the end it was like "okay, I only have 2 cycles left, that's only 2 min more that I have to jog!" It got me through it though. Strangely enough, my legs are just a little sore today, but we'll see how they feel tomorrow. Usually I hurt more 2 days later, which is, of course, the day I am scheduled to do it all over again!

Question for you and anyone else who has done it: Were you able to stick to the program? After how I felt last night, I look at even just what I am supposed to be doing in 2 weeks and have to hold back my laughter! I mean, don't get me wrong, I am gonna try my darnedest and am strong-willed as anything, but *me* running for 8 min?

Last edited by Jennie527; 10-12-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.