Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 4 (10/11 - 10/17)

Bigmid
10-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Hello Blue Team great effort this week, I'm not sure how we have done overall we had a few gains (mines the biggest:o) but we are in a new week now so onward we move.

I will post the results once I hear from Shan on how the red team did this week.

As far as we go Congratulations to our biggest losers for the week
Biggest Loser:
Lolcat, -3 lbs, -1.47%

Honorable mentions:
Muffentop, -2.6 lbs, -1.28%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.2 lbs, -1.26%
Matilda08, -2.8 lbs, -1.22%

I am back in town and ready for the new week was bad again today and maybe until Wed as tomorrow is Thanksgiving and then Tue is my birthday and I am eating my way through all the freebies at the resturants. Maybe not the smartest thing to do but it should be fun.

Have a great night I will be back later to post and enjoy the rest of the night
As far as dates it 10-10-10 today:)

fitin2008
10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone,
Wishing all Teammates a great new week and a fresh start. It’s great to see so many of you sticking with it. Looks like the red team had to eliminate quite a few this week. I finally made it out of the 250’s! Now I’m going to work hard to stay there and keep losing.

inklestinkle- How is your daughter doing? I hope you are all enjoying better health and that your stress levels are down. Congratulations on your weight loss despite it being such a rough week.

Mercy03- So sorry to hear about your mom. How lucky she is to have your love, care, and support. Hope that the blood transfusions and shots have helped her.

gypsychic- Congratulations on sticking to p90x That is one tough program. Your lost inches are impressive and proves that it‘s working despite the weight gain.

Bigmid- Happy Thanksgiving and Birthday and welcome home. You are so close to goal. How long has it taken you and do you have any tips for the rest of us?

babygrant- I’m so sorry you have to wait until the end of Nov to get some relief. I’m sad you are suffering so much. Please keep us updated on your condition. You will be missed.

lolcat- Congratulation on completing so many goals at once and you have another big one coming up any day-one-derland!

OrganizedChaos- You are so brave. I want to hear all about your training and your upcoming race. Glad you had a nice vacation with the family.

NancyO- Welcome home. You’ll have a good loss next week. 2.6 lbs isn’t bad for a week off of plan. I had a 9 lb gain last week. You can imagine how discouraged I was but I got to work and was able to get if off this week and then some. Must have been mostly water gain so hopefully yours is too.

All Psyched Up- Hope the yoga has helped your back pain.

Soon2BFitChick- Hope you’ve gotten some help from your gastro doctor.

dream710- Congratulations on pushing through the spin class. I’d love to hear all about it, like did you do any bike training before taking it. I want to try one but am really fearful of not being about to make it through a whole class. Any tips would be appreciated. It looks like an awesome workout for a good calorie burn. How did your body pump class go?

Rochester- Thanks for posting your meals. It looks like you eat very healthy. I am interested in how the Cottage Pie turned out. Did you like it? Hope your feeling better.

Congratulations to Lolcat, Muffentop, Soon2BFitChick,
Matilda08, and all of our losers this past week!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar071/slider-but7/lb/293/155/247/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

JackieHollow
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Good morning Blue team!!! :) It's a new week. Those of us with a gain... we just need to make this a better week! :) I'm determined to get into the 260s this week. I know we can get our gain gone, and make this the best week ever!! Those with good losses... CONGRATS!!! :)

LOLCAT! WTG on being the BIGGEST BLUE LOSER!!! Awesome girlfriend! Take pride in that!

Hope everyone has a GREAT week this week! I'm going to try and get an hour in on the elliptical. In fact, I've set goals for myself this week, and am starting my goal reward change jar back up. My goals this week are:

1. Eat at LEAST 1200 calories a day (for some reason I'm having trouble eating all my calories).
2. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
3. Consume at least 4 liters of water a day.
4. Start a recipe book with the new recipes I've been trying.
5. PLAN PLAN PLAN

Mercy03
10-11-2010, 02:47 PM
As far as we go Congratulations to our biggest losers for the week
Biggest Loser:
Lolcat, -3 lbs, -1.47%

Honorable mentions:
Muffentop, -2.6 lbs, -1.28%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.2 lbs, -1.26%
Matilda08, -2.8 lbs, -1.22%

Congratulations to the blue team:carrot: Ms. Cat congratulations on being the biggest loser:D

Ms.Bigmid what happened? You decided to give me a chance this time?:D

I haven't had a chance to catch up on personals,thank you all for the kind words.I am going to pick up my Mother from the hospital this afternoon,so things are looking up.:)Hopefully I will get back on track this week.

Rochester
10-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Congrats to this week's winners! :D

Rochester- Thanks for posting your meals. It looks like you eat very healthy. I am interested in how the Cottage Pie turned out. Did you like it? Hope your feeling better.

Thanks for commenting on my food log. I was seriously thinking about not doing it this week because I was telling myself "If no one reads it, what's the point? Who am I being accountable to?" Now I know that it IS being read...so thanks!

The Cottage Pie was okay but not great. I've found that when I try to re-create a favorite dish to make it healthier and lower carb, my brain (or inner child) will not believe it's equally as good. :dizzy: I do better trying all new recipes (which I've found many of lately!).

I am trying to learn to eat healthy well-balanced meals. I don't want to do "diet food." I want to learn how to eat in a way that I can maintain forever. Some days it's easy, some days it's not, but I always know it's worth it!

Bigmid
10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Okay I just posted the results and the Red Team won this week but we will take it again next week.

fitin2008 - Congrats for making it out of the 250's that's awesome

JackieHollow - Those sound like some great goals keep it up

Mercy - That's exactly why I decided to gain I knew you needed a break this week...:)lol I am glad you get to pick your mom up from the hospital and that things are looking up for her. I hope both of us can get back on track this week

Rochester - For my first challange I posted all the time in the food log but it was so I was accountalbe to myself and that's what is important. I also used it as my tool to go back on if I was having a good week so I could duplicate meals.

Well off to bed have a great night everyone.

MamaP
10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Tuesday already? Congrats to everyone who lost this week. I seem to be stuck. Joined the gym last week and made it there four days, twice on two of the days, had a fire drill at work and had to walk down 27 flights of stairs, did a (walking) 5k on the treadmill on Sunday this week (55 minutes), 30 minutes today and the scale still isn't moving. It's very frustrating. I had a family reunion on Saturday and was off plan with my food, but I still had a very large calorie deficit for the week. Hopefully the scale will start cooperating soon. I have 3 1/2 weeks until the Marine Corps Ball and my dress is still a little snug.

Hope everyone has a good week. BBL for personals.

Jennie527
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I had this big reply yesterday that I posted and I swear it disappeared. :( The gist of it was CONGRATS to Lolcat for being our biggest loser and a big :cp: to everyone who lost weight this week. Any loss is a move in the right direction, and get you that much closer to goal. You all are an inspiration!

MamaP, you don't have too much of a calorie deficit, do you? That can definitely make the scale not move. Have you ever tried calorie shifting? If say, you eat 1600 calories a day, take 300 calories and move them. For instance. Eat 1600 on Monday, 1900 on Tuesday and 1300 on Wednesday. Doing this helps keep your metabolism guessing. Do it twice in the week, and it can help blast you through a plateau. It has worked for me the few times that I have done it. There is a lot of info out there about calorie shifting.

dream710
10-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Congrats Cat on being our biggest loser! Great job to all our other losers as well. I posted a half pound last week, not as big as I would of liked but considering I was off plan on eating and added a couple of new workouts to my plan I'll take it.

fit-Way to go on getting out of the 250's :carrot: Thanks for asking about my spin class. I didn't do any bike training prior i just worked on my endurance. I'll pm you more about it. The body pump class went great. I think it'll push me more than doing weights on my own.

Jackie-looks like you have a great plan. I love the rewards jar idea.

Mercy-glad to hear your mom gets to come home!

Rochester-Good for you eating well balanced meals. I think its the best way to go long term. Cottage pie sounds interesting!

Mamap-I bet your retaining water from all the added activity. Keep with it you'll see the results. Are you getting excited for the ball

Rochester
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
@Jennie527 - I saw on the workout thread that you started C25K! Good luck....I love that program. It totally made me fall in love with running. :running:

@All Psyched Up - On last week's workout thread, you listed belly dancing. Are you taking classes or using a DVD? :belly:

MamaP
10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
MamaP, you don't have too much of a calorie deficit, do you? That can definitely make the scale not move. Have you ever tried calorie shifting? If say, you eat 1600 calories a day, take 300 calories and move them. For instance. Eat 1600 on Monday, 1900 on Tuesday and 1300 on Wednesday. Doing this helps keep your metabolism guessing. Do it twice in the week, and it can help blast you through a plateau. It has worked for me the few times that I have done it. There is a lot of info out there about calorie shifting.

I don't think I have too much of a deficit. According to my GWF my average deficit over the past 14 days is 895 a day. Below is the deficits for each day since the first of the month (Tuesday 10/7 was a training session with my MMA figher son):

Mon. 10/11 ~ Consumed 1292 ** Burned 2235 ** Deficit 943
Sun. 10/10 ~ Consumed 1412 ** Burned 2306 ** Deficit 894
Sat. 10/9 ~ Consumed 2103 ** Burned 2514 ** Deficit 411
Fri. 10/8 ~ Consumed 2742 ** Burned 2344 ** Deficit +398
Thur. 10/7 ~ Consumed 1506 ** Burned 2018 ** Deficit 512
Wed. 10/6 ~ Consumed 1220 ** Burned 2296 ** Deficit 1076
Tue. 10/5 ~ Consumed 1240 ** Burned 2668 ** Deficit 1478
Mon. 10/4 ~ Consumed 1363 ** Burned 2457 ** Deficit 1093
Sun. 10/3 ~ Consumed 1411 ** Burned 2476 ** Deficit 1237
Sat. 10/2 ~ Consumed 1217 ** Burned 2454 ** Deficit 1237
Fri. 10/1 ~ Consumed 1506 ** Burned 2423 ** Deficit 917

Total deficit is 9228 which should translate to a loss of 2.6 lbs and today I'm sitting at 216.5 and on the first I was 216.6. I drink tons of water. I do think maybe I have too many days in the 1200 calorie range. It's just so frustrating (that frustration is what led to Friday's 2700+ calories). I've only lost 5 lbs since the beginning of August (and it was all lost in September).

Bigmid
10-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Morning just dropping by before I head out the door. I am eating my way through my Birthday today (don't worry I'm already 2lbs down from Sunday)

Nancy, mom, and I are going to see what we can do today and where I can eat for free. I also joined some places that give you free coupons. Coupons alone (whether I use them or not) are an awesome Birthday gift....lol I love to save.

MamaP - It sounds like you have the exercise thing down pat....WTG just make sure you are eating your calories or you will be stuck.

Jennie527 - don't you hate it when the big posts dissappear. Now I do a right click copy just in case it goes away I can just paste it again.

dream710 - a 1/2 pound in the down direction is still fantastic. Keep it up.

Well off to see what the day will bring. Have a great day everyone.

Jennie527
10-12-2010, 12:41 PM
MamaP, it looks to me like you are doing things right. The scale not moving can be very disheartening, but know that you are on the right track, and even when we aren't losing pounds, we can still be losing inches. And you are doing an EXCELLENT job of adopting a healthier lifestyle. That weight will come off! All this muscle you are building is gonna turn you into a lean, mean, fat-burning machine! Keep up the good work! :cheer3:

Jennie527
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
@Jennie527 - I saw on the workout thread that you started C25K! Good luck....I love that program. It totally made me fall in love with running. :running:

Thanks! I thought I was gonna fall over while I was doing it. LOL I kept telling myself "okay, I get to walk for 90 sec....keep going it's gonna be great" and then when I was closer to the end it was like "okay, I only have 2 cycles left, that's only 2 min more that I have to jog!" :lol: It got me through it though. Strangely enough, my legs are just a little sore today, but we'll see how they feel tomorrow. Usually I hurt more 2 days later, which is, of course, the day I am scheduled to do it all over again! :eek:

Question for you and anyone else who has done it: Were you able to stick to the program? After how I felt last night, I look at even just what I am supposed to be doing in 2 weeks and have to hold back my laughter! I mean, don't get me wrong, I am gonna try my darnedest and am strong-willed as anything, but *me* running for 8 min? :lol:

ghost girl
10-13-2010, 12:24 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

lolcat
10-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey, everyone... Just have a minute before I have to head off to bed.

Thanks for the congratulations!! For once in my life it feels AWESOME to be a loser!!!! :cp:
Don't worry about the loss, we kinda had to let Red team win one so that they didn't ALL quit.... we'll get 'em next weigh-in!!!

I'll stop by tomorrow and check up on everyone.

Mercy, how's your mom??

JackieHollow
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey everyone!! Just stopping in to see how everyone is doing. I promise I'm still around, and doing the best I can. :) I had a migraine for a few days (that's still niggling around), and with the weight bouncing around the same couple pounds, I was just real apathetic. Not doing anything wrong, etc. just at an "eh" time in this journey. I'm determined to come out of it, and get more passionate about this lifestyle of mine.

My 12 yr old was watching part of BL with me last night, and saw the part with the cupcakes. He's now decided he wants the 100 cal raspberry cupcakes for his birthday "cake" next month. :)

I'll do personals later I promise.

Mercy03
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Mercy, how's your mom??

Ms.Cat,she's home finally and is having a flare up of gout:devil:,took her to the Dr. this morning got some pain meds:),so she should be feeling better by Thursday.I think she deserves a break.

Did anybody see BL last night? I am so disappointed with this season.

As Ms. Hollow said,I will get back to the personals,I have meds to pick,grocery shop for Mom etc,I am finally going back to work tomorrow.:carrot:

maryshady
10-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Congrats to all our losers this week!!! Lolcat-great job!

had a bad week last week but have been back on plan since yesterday. TOM, stress at work all got to me and I was eating away. I was too afraid to get weighed this week so I just used last weeks weight. Hopefully by Sunday I will see some sort of a loss.

Mercy-Hope your mom is doing better. I have been watching it too. I find it boring but can't seem to stop watching it. I love the end when everyone has a transformation but I am so sick of the show and what it promotes.

Have a great Wednesday!

fitin2008
10-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm having a great week. TOM is almost here and I'm not having the out of control cravings like I usually get. It's nice for a change. I'm getting close to my goal of losing 50lbs. Hopefully I can make it there in the next couple of weeks. When I lose 60lbs that will be a 20% loss. I love being so close to reaching two goals. It is keeping me motivated.

Rochester-Rats, I was hoping the cottage pie was going to be a winner. I may try it anyway. I really like cauliflower. Let us all know if you try any new recipe that's really delish. I think your very wise to track your exercise and eating. I want to get to that point soon. I also like bigmid's idea to use your log to recreate meals if you have a good week. Great idea.

Mercy03- I hear gout is very painful. I'm sorry your mom is having to go through so much right now and glad she got some pain meds.

Jennie527-Congratulations on starting the c25k. How did it go today. You'll be able to stick to it don't worry. It is surprising how fast your endurance will improve. I decided to run outside Monday because we were on a walking trail in the woods and there was no one around. It felt so good to be running outside on such a beautiful fall day. I loved it.

MamaP- Hang in there. I know your frustrated but you're doing great and it will pay off. A few things to try that have worked for me-make sure your getting enough sleep, up your intensity during exercise, be more active during the day, be proud and happy that your not gaining.

JackieHollow-sorry about the migraine. Hope your feeling back to yourself soon.

Jennie527
10-13-2010, 11:16 PM
I thought I was gonna keel over today. LOL I finished strong anyways. At one point, I stopped jogging 40 sec into my 60 sec interval (isn't that sad that I couldn't even keep going for 60 sec? This was like 13 min in.), but I kinda got pissed off at myself for doing it and made myself push through 80 seconds at my next jogging interval to make up for it. My legs feel like jell-o, but it is a good hurt. I am gonna make myself push through Friday too, and then I'll have Sat and Sun to rest up. :) Thanks for asking! :)

Jackie- feel better soon. Migraines are NO FUN.

I still need to catch up on last night's BL episode. (If my DH would get away from video games so I can have the tv!)

dayoneagain
10-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Oh my goodness, I have TOTALLY fallen off the wagon - sorry about that everyone, but I'm still in so long as I use no more freebies.

I do have a good excuse though.....I got engaged! :D

Unfortunately this has meant a lot of celebrating and gorging, and very little thought about anything else. So it's going to be yet another gain on Sunday unless a miracle occurs.

I hope you guys have it in you to support me in getting back on track.x

maryshady
10-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Happy Thursday morning Blue Team!!! Let's rock today. Everyone on plan and working out.

How about a challenge? By the end of the day we can all check in to see if we stayed completely on plan and did our workout?

Who's with me

fitin2008
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm in. I'm ready for a good challenge. Got an hour workout this morning and a great healthy breakfast. I'm ready to face the day.

Jennie527-Great job on day 2. Are you running outside or on the treadmill? If on the treadmill what speed are you doing your jogging at? Are you using a podcast download to do the program. I downloaded the C25K App for Android to my phone but can't figure out how to use it. Any suggestions?

dayoneagain- :congrat: on your engagement. It's great to hear some good news. Would love to hear some details. We are all here to help you get back on track. Start today by joining the challenge and maybe your gain won't be too bad this week.

dream710
10-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Good morning team! Just got home from my session with a personal trainer (friend won a free session and gave it to me), it went really well. I was afraid she would run me into the ground but I survived. Afterwards she told me that I needed to push myself a little harder (which I already knew) so thats my new goal...push out of the comfort zone a little more. She thought I already had a good plan in place and gave me a few new upper body moves to do.

fit-Congrats on being so close to 50lbs. Keep up the hardwork! I went to spin again yesterday. It went better than the first time, I only looked at the clock 3 times :D

Mary-I'm in for a little challenge! So far so good.

Dayone-Congrats on the engagement! Have you set a date?

Jennie-Congrats on completing day 2! I didn't do C25K but my own variation. I've talked to a lot of people who have used it and have had great success. I would think once you complete week 1 if its still hard for you, you could repeat week 1 again and then the following week move to week 2. Keep us posted on your accomplishments.

Mercy-I agree this season is a bit disappointing. I'm surprised that the weight loss numbers are so low. Not the typical numbers of seasons past.

Bigmid-Happy Belated Birthday!

Jackie-Those cupcakes did look yummy!

Ghost-:wave:

Mamap-If you're burning that many calories, you may want to up your intake by a couple hundred calories.

Well I'm off to get ready for work! Everyone have a great day!

Jennie527
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Happy Thursday morning Blue Team!!! Let's rock today. Everyone on plan and working out.

How about a challenge? By the end of the day we can all check in to see if we stayed completely on plan and did our workout?

Who's with me
I am with ya, girl. Breakfast was a little off plan, but not too bad. I am eating leftover Chinese for lunch which is high in sodium, but since I don't eat rice with it and moo shoo pork is mostly veggies, isn't too terrible calorie-wise. Then, a salad and a piece of chicken for dinner. Plus, I am gonna try and get 30 min in on my Wii Fit.

My day is kind of up in the air though because my grandpa (my fave person in the whole world) went into the hospital yesterday and is really sick. So, I know I will be taking my grandma over there tonight. So, I promise to do my best. :) It might be a break even day, but, given the circumstances, I will take that over a "gain" day.

Jennie527-Great job on day 2. Are you running outside or on the treadmill? If on the treadmill what speed are you doing your jogging at? Are you using a podcast download to do the program. I downloaded the C25K App for Android to my phone but can't figure out how to use it. Any suggestions?

I, honestly, don't even know how to work a podcast. :lol: Sad, I know. I run outside, and will continue too as long as the weather permits. I have a treadmill though for after that. I jog SLOW. Like SUPER SLOW. LOL Like, I wonder if maybe my walking isn't faster. :rofl: Whatever I am doing though makes my heart race and I feel like I am about to die before I am able to start walking again. So, it must be working. I think I am gonna have my friend show me how to add podcasts to my Zune when I see him Friday night.

Dayoneagain- CONGRATS! Your wedding day- what an awesome thing to get fit for! I so wish I hadn't been such a fatty for mine. :lol:

ghost girl
10-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello friends just checking in, yes i am staying on plan.
Hope you all have a great day.

QuilterInVA
10-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Hello ladies! My internet went out on Friday and they just got it fixed today. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper.

Confession is in order. My birthday was last Saturday and I went to Moon, VA to spend the weekend at a quilt retreat with my friends - all fixed meals, no choices, and I've had a terrible time getting back on the wagon. Yesterday was better and today I'm doing good. Don't know what got in to me except once I eat sweets and desserts, I have a hard time stopping.

I'm going for my strength training at the Y in a few minutes (I have gotten all my exercise in this week) and hope to be back tonight to report a day OP.

Bigmid
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi just a quick check in I'll be back later to post. Hope everyone is having a great day

OrganizedChaos
10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Congratulations LOLCAT on winning last weeks weigh in. We may have lost 1 week to red, but we had to give them one week, right?

I am still here and on plan. I actually signed up for my first 5K yesterday, so now there is no backing out. November 13th is do or die, LOL!

Jennie-> I see you started C25K. I have been doing my own modified version of that program but using distance, and not time as my increment. I recently moved up to where I only walk for 1/10th of a mile or less. Sometimes I can run a full mile straight, other days I can only get 4/10ths before I have to walk 1/10th, but at the beginning of this I would only run 1/10th and usually walk 9/10ths so it is working. Like the other poster said, you can always go back and repeat a week if you need to. There is also a modified version of C25K called Conservative C25K. It takes things much slower. I would say my version is more of the conservative kind. It sounds like you are doing awesome though.

DayOne-> Congrats on the engagement! You will have to keep us up to speed with all of the plans. How awesome to plan a wedding when you are all skinnified! I wish I had gone that route!

GhostGirl-> Glad to hear you are OP and doing well!

Sorry I have to cut it short, I really should be working, right now, but needed to take a sanity break.

Hope everyone has a super week!

Rochester
10-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Dayone - Congrats on the engagement! How exciting!

To all the runners - Have fun and good luck! :running:

I did a one hour kickboxing class yesterday (and LOVED it) and a 3 mile run today. Oooooh, my legs..... :fr: <-- I don't really know what this emoticon is, but that's pretty much how I look when I have to go from a sitting to standing position or vice versa. :lol:

Rochester-Rats, I was hoping the cottage pie was going to be a winner.

Oh, it's good. It's just not "traditional" Cottage Pie so it kinna left me unsatisfied. If you have no basis of comparison, you would probably enjoy it.

QuilterInVA
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
I've made it OP today and did an hour of strength training at the Y. Feels good to be back on track.

JackieHollow
10-14-2010, 10:09 PM
just checkin' in quick before bed. Spent the day grocery shopping and with my dh at the dr. He was dx with diabetes about 3 months back. That's when we drastically changed our lifestyle. (I had already started little things but this threw it in high gear). Since then he's been taken off 1/2 of his diabetes meds (one script is completely gone and one is lowered in mg), and they are planning on taking him off his triglyceride meds in Dec! The dr was bragging to all his nurses about how well dh was doing. :)

Makes me feel good.. even tho it's not *ME*. I know that it's helping all of us that way. My oldest son has dropped 2 pants sizes, and is beginning to get a little self confidence (he is almost 13, and really had low self esteem).

Got my meal plan today for this week. Would love some feedback from y'all. (I even have recipes if you'd like to look a bit "deeper").

`squirrel and dumplin's (not usually a squirrel fan, but my son shot them adn can't wait to eat them lol)
`sloppy joes (homemade from scratch with a recipe from Ellen Krueger on food network), baked zuchini sticks (to resemble fries lol)
`meatloaf, southwestern black bean salad, sauteed brussel sprouts
`chicken (probably pan grilled), broccoli and cheddar potato skins (light on the cheese), corn
`chicken and white bean enchiladas, mexican rice, salad
`asian glazed chicken, pasta with asparagus, carrots
`burritoes

Jennie527
10-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Jackie, if I knew where Arkansas was, I'd drive there and come stay with you this week. :rofl: [/never was very good at Geography] Mmmmm Mmmmm that food sounds yummy!

JackieHollow
10-15-2010, 12:29 AM
LOL Jennie! Come on down! We're right above LA, and right under MO. Just take off south through KY, then TN, and turn west! :) you'll run right into me. I'll fix supper for you, and you can push me to do the C25K

maryshady
10-15-2010, 07:47 AM
I did great yesterday. Stayed on plan and drank my water. Today is the challenge...weekends are always my hardest time. Making a self promise to stay on plan this weekend. 1300 cals today, 1500 tomorrow & 1300 on Sunday. Please keep me accountable.

I'm getting close to my goal of losing 50lbs. Hopefully I can make it there in the next couple of weeks. When I lose 60lbs that will be a 20% loss. I love being so close to reaching two goals. It is keeping me motivated.

You are an inspiration!!! Keep up the hard work:carrot::carrot:

I thought I was gonna keel over today. LOL I finished strong anyways. At one point, I stopped jogging 40 sec into my 60 sec interval (isn't that sad that I couldn't even keep going for 60 sec? This was like 13 min in.), but I kinda got pissed off at myself for doing it and made myself push through 80 seconds at my next jogging interval to make up for it. My legs feel like jell-o, but it is a good hurt. I am gonna make myself push through Friday too, and then I'll have Sat and Sun to rest up. :)

Great job at pushing through. It is always difficult to push ourselves harder but you are doing it!!!:)

I do have a good excuse though.....I got engaged! :D

:congrat:

I am still here and on plan. I actually signed up for my first 5K yesterday, so now there is no backing out. November 13th is do or die, LOL!

Impressive!!! I am sure you will do great

fitin2008
10-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone, I stayed on plan today and yesterday. Thanks for the mini challenge. I added my goals for this challenge to my signature. Hopefully it will help me to stay on track.

JackieHollow- Your recipes sound great minus the squirrel :). I'd love the recipes for chicken and white bean enchiladas and the asian glazed chicken.

OrganizedChaos- Congrats on signing up for the 5k. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jennie527- How is your grandpa doing? So sad to see so many with sick or hurt loved ones. Hope your running is helping with all the stress. Let me know if you figure out the podcast thing.

dream710- How cool to have your own personal training session. What a great friend you have.

Have a great on-plan weekend everyone. It's great to see so many of you working out hard. We should have a great week. Don't forget to post your weight by Sunday.

JackieHollow
10-16-2010, 01:39 PM
fit.. I haven't tried the recipes yet.. We're eatin' the dumplins today. LOL But here's the link to the recipes.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/06/chicken-and-white-bean-enchiladas-with.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/asian-glazed-drumsticks.html

inklestinkle
10-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey yall! Just checking in for my obligatory weekly update. ;) I've been super busy lately still, so not enough chatting with yall and not enough regular exercise, but I have been eating better. I know I say that each next week is better, but this one better be. I'm not sick anymore and neither are my kids so no excuses. ;) Good luck to everyone

Bigmid
10-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone I hope you've had a great weekend so far. I have been up and down with my weight this week. I took off 2lbs from when I came back from my trip then added 5 more pounds from my birthday (and I didn't even eat as bad as I thought I would) then I took off 6.8lbs of that which leaves me down 3lbs from last weeks WI (but up 3.? from my lowest) So it should all be off by next week I hope.
I already feel like I've gained again as I am going to the movie and out for supper tonight and just thinking about made my tummy grow:dizzy: because of the added salt I will comsume I think I will go with this mornings WI:)

Sorry I have been busy with work and then got sick so I am very behind on personals.

Jennie527 - you would be suprised at how fast you adapt and can run....I could not believe I could run and I got to week 7 and should be done now but with going away I am a bit behind. You will get there and the feeling of accomplishment after every run is awesome. How is your granpa doing?

ghostgirl - hello back

JackieHollow - how is your migrane I hope it is better by now. We all the the "eh" feeling now and then, hang in there the weight will drop again. That's great news about your dh getting off half his meds and about your son with the 2 size drop. 13 can be a rough age so it's great he get this confidence boost over something he has work hard at.:woohoo:

Mercy - How is your mom? did her gout clear up yet and how was it being back at work. I hope all is well.

QuilterInVA - Happy Belated Birthday the retreat sounds like fun and in life we have to be able to enjoy all aspects and that included ready made meals. An excess weight will be taken off in no time. How did the training session go at the Y?

OrganizedChaos - Congratulations for signing up for your first 5k that's awesome:cheer2::cheer3:

Rhochester - Kickboxing sounds like a lot of fun I have always wanted to try that but feel really insecure about going on my own Congrats on the 3m run WTG

maryshady - glad to hear your back on track:D, I too am trying to do the same I'm so close to goal and seem to be falling into some old habits. I couldn't join your challange as I have not been exercising this week. Next week again though. I hope you had success staying OP this weekend so far

fitin2008 - WOW that's great being so close to 2 of your goals keep up the great work.:carrot:

dayoneagain - :congrat: on your engagement that's wonderful.

dream710 - that was very nice to get a personal training session in....I think it is good to get the feedback you did about your plan and that it is good. I believe that we could probably all benefit from pushing ourselves a little harder:) Thanks for the B-day wishes

inklestinkle - good job on the eating better and getting in some exercise.

Hello to the rest of the Blue Team and sorry if I missed anyone.

Well better finish getting ready to go out remember to WI tomorrow.

Rochester
10-16-2010, 08:36 PM
@JackieHollow - Thanks for posting the Asian Glazed Drumsticks recipe! I was sitting here wondering what to do with my chicken for dinner. Delish! :hun:

I had a fantastic day. This morning I went on a run with three of the four friends that I am doing a race with next Sunday. We did a practice run at the race site and had a blast. :running:

Then I decided to get a haircut. I've had this weird mindset that I don't deserve a new do until I reach goal, but my hair has been driving me bonkers. Unhealthy, uneven, tangly. I couldn't stand it anymore. And I LOVE my new cut! :yes: (I put a photo on my blog...the link is down there in my signature.)

And I ate Wendy's for lunch. That may sound like a bad thing, but it was a carefully thought out decision and before I went I used the online nutrition info to figure out what I could eat and stay on plan. I've been avoiding fast food, but I really like Wendy's. The nearest one is a 30 minute drive, which is where I went to get my hair cut, so it was a splurge.

Then I went to Wal*Mart for a digital food scale. I'd been using a non-digital one and I just wasn't feeling comfortable with the accuracy. I couldn't find any digital scales, so I asked this elderly employee for help. He took me to them, explained the differences between them, opened up the boxes, etc. And then he said I didn't look like I needed to be weighing my food and dieting because I am simply stunning just the way I am. I wanted to hug him. :lol:

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! :carrot:

Jennie527
10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Jennie527- How is your grandpa doing? So sad to see so many with sick or hurt loved ones. Hope your running is helping with all the stress. Let me know if you figure out the podcast thing.

Jennie527 - you would be suprised at how fast you adapt and can run....I could not believe I could run and I got to week 7 and should be done now but with going away I am a bit behind. You will get there and the feeling of accomplishment after every run is awesome. How is your granpa doing?

Thanks for asking, girls. Pop is doing a bit better. He is getting some color back, seems more lucid, and even his nurse is happy about his progress. He is absolutely my favorite person in the whole world, and I hate the fact that I know he won't be around for my kids the way that he was for me. I cry even thinking about losing him.

Fitin, I am technologically challenged. :lol: I downloaded the podcast, but couldn't get it to work. My husband had to do it, and since I don't have a Droid, I can't even have him explain to you how to do it. Can you go to a store and have them help you? I am telling you right now, the podcast makes a WORLD of difference. I ran this morning with it, and it was SO MUCH easier. It is worth the trip to the store to see if they can help you.

fit.. I haven't tried the recipes yet.. We're eatin' the dumplins today. LOL But here's the link to the recipes.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/06/chicken-and-white-bean-enchiladas-with.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/asian-glazed-drumsticks.html

:eating2: NOM NOM NOM! I'll be making these! Thanks for the recipes! :)

hsmomx2
10-17-2010, 12:12 AM
This week was okay. I'm still waiting to hear back from the drs office. Sorry, I don't have time to read or do personals tonight since it's so late. I hope everyone is have a great weekend.

Rhondag
10-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi just wanted to say hello. My name is Rhonda and I am a friend of Bigmid. I am joining you as an unofficial member and look forward to this challenge and getting to know all of you. Good luck with WI tomorrow everyone

Sameen
10-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Hello everyone!!! sorry i have been MIA this entire challenge so far... i'm usually quite active here but the last few weeks have been so hectic and tiring for me that i wasn't even getting the time to buy groceries. Anyways i see i have had a 5 pound loss! i guess this is what exertion does to you... but seriously speaking i'd rather have the stuck weight than this kind of exertion:P
how is everyone else doing? i haven't been exercising AT ALL. and i'm feeling guilty about it everyday..... good luck for todays weigh in !!

ghost girl
10-17-2010, 03:02 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

MamaP
10-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Happy Sunday to everyone - hope everyone had a good week. I was shocked this morning when I got on the scale. 211.8. That's 4 lbs this week. :carrot: I had a nice woosh today (was 214 yesterday). I'm hoping it sticks. I'm hoping my body finally caught up to all my hard work and my calorie deficit.

NancyO
10-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Morning Blues, Hope everyone had a great week. I was busier than I expected so this is my only post this week. Next week I will be better about posting AND losing weight :). Only a little loss for me this week, but it's my TOM, so hopefully that'll mean a big one next week! Today I'm off to help my cousins move, so that will be lots of activity. Have an awesome day!

lolcat
10-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey, everyone.... sorry I haven't been on here to chat much this week, things have been crazy at work and still dealing with family stuff. Hopefully this week will be better!
The good news: I stayed OP all week and lost!

and now for the great news:

HELLOOOOO, ONEDERLAND!!! Goodbye forever 200's!!!!!!:woohoo::cheer3::whoo::dancer::sklol:

Jennie527
10-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Hang in there and keep us posted, hsmomx2.

:welcome: Rhondag!

Sameen, I hope things calm down to a more manageable
level for you. If nothing else you could try to find
5-10 min a day just to stretch a little. :)

MamaP- that is AWESOME! All that hard work is paying off! :lifter:

lolcat- HUZZAH!!! :cb: Congrats! I am so jealous!

and a big :wave: to Ghost girl, NancyO and everyone else I missed!

JackieHollow
10-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone! I'm posting in with a 2.6lb loss this week. TOM is coming soon, so hoping next week's (or possibly the next) is another biggie!! :)

Jacky.. Sounds like you've had a REALLY busy couple of weeks!! Good luck getting it all off this week. :) 13 can really be a tough age, and Luke has always been a bit socially... awkward. (He gets that from his dad). Add to that the self esteem issues (that he gets from both of us), he was in a pretty down spot. It's nice to see him a bit more confident. And he's always amazed and so proud of himself when he really works hard at exercising. I'm going to take him on a photo shoot to get some good shots of him soon I think.

Rochester.. did you try the glazed chicken? How was it?? I love your new haircut!! For some reason you don't resemble how I had you pictured in my mind. LOL Isn't it funny how we do that? (Oh by the way.. Taco Bell is my fast food "drug" of choice. LOL)

Rhonda.. WELCOME to the group!! The more the merrier. Can't wait to get to know you better.

Sameen.. Hi! Glad to see you posting. :) Hope things settle down for you a bit, but great loss!!! WTG!

MamaP.. SWEET weigh in this week!! How exciting!

lolcat... YAY for ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!! THat's AWESOME!

Rochester
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Rochester.. did you try the glazed chicken? How was it?? I love your new haircut!! For some reason you don't resemble how I had you pictured in my mind. LOL Isn't it funny how we do that? (Oh by the way.. Taco Bell is my fast food "drug" of choice. LOL)

The chicken was delicious! It was rather rich (as opposed to light) but the taste was to die for. Thanks for checking out my haircut....and, yes, I totally get that about picturing people in your mind and how it's never accurate. ;) Congrats on your loss this week....that's a great number! :D

Muffentop
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Just a quick hello & happy Sunday everyone! Congrats to lolcat & all the runners up.

Have a great week!!

abreezies
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Well.......work is very busy, plus end of 1st quarter for the kids so parent teacher conferences have to fit in somewhere. I have not been doing well with the exercise.......hope to correct that this week. Good luck Blue!!

Bigmid
10-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone I'm about to close out this thread and move the chat over to week 5.

Rochester - I like the new hair do....isn't it funny how we get in our head we don't deserve things when we are overweight. You totally deserve everything life has to offer and that's awesome you should have hugged the Wal-mart guy. Your run sounded like a lot of fun good luck next Sunday let us know how you did.

hsmomx2 - Hope you are doing well take care

Rhonda:welcome3: start posting:)

Sameen - you had a great loss....to bad it comes at the cost of exaustion (sp) I hope you can fit in some time for yourself in there. Don't worry about the exercise it will come again when you have time....you don't want to burn yourself out competely.

ghost girl - :wave:

MamaP - Congrats on the 4lbs that's awesome:cb:

Nancy - great job on the loss....how did the move go?

lolcat - :welcome: to onderland.....you'll love it here. Congratulations!!!!

Jennie527 - :wave:

Jackie - 2.6lbs that's fantastic:carrot: I bet the pictures will really give your son a boost as that is where you really see the difference in yourself is on pictures. That is awesome that he feels the pride of accomplishment....he really needs to own that feeling it is alot of hard work...great job on the whole family getting involved in this.

Muffentop - :wave:

abreezies - good luck with the parent teacher conferences and getting some time in for yourself for exercise.