20-Somethings BL Corner - TBL In-Between Challenges Chat

View Full Version : TBL In-Between Challenges Chat

KimL1214
10-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey everyone! Just a little Chat thread to keep everyone OP while we're waiting for the next challenge to start! How is everyone doing???

If you have not signed up for the challenge yet, please click here... (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/213835-20-somethings-tbl-fallin-into-winter-challenge-sign-up.html)

JMfan
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Anxious to start

bbg200
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
me to. im hoping im fully better by the time it starts!.. :)

GreenTeaYum
10-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I am super excited to start. I haven't ever done a biggest loser challenge, I am super competitive and I think this will be a good kick in the rear. :)

KimL1214
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone!!! I'm glad to see that we're all excited for the new challenge!!!

***Question of the DAY***

There will be 2, possibly 3 teams this challenge (depending on numbers), does anyone have any ideas for team names? Also, is anyone interested in being a team leader (Please PM me if you are, priority goes to those who were team leaders in the last challenge, and then by whoever PMs me first)?

GreenTeaYum
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
This is my first time for the BL challenge- is there normally a theme? I see that everyone has Greek Goddess names this go around.

Nienna
10-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I kind of like the mythological team names! Any chance we could continue on in that fashion and just lift from a different culture? Ooooh, we could even have a clash of deities from different traditions!

(Sorry, I'm a bit of a mythology geek. I'm actually disappointed that I missed the last challenge. Classics major and all that.)

southernbelle102
10-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I am so close to breaking 300 lbs but can't seem to do it! I have been hovering around the same weight all week. I know it will come off... I am just impatient :^: I am looking forward to our next challenge! Perhaps I will be in the 200s by then. If not, I should break into them at the beginning of the challenge.

As far as team names go, I have no real suggestions. What were the other options for this previous challenge? We could do one of those or something else entirely...

bbg200
10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
i like the idea of disney films? or maybe planets? stars?..or names of flowers?.
cant believe what ive got myself into next week!.. starting off.. everyday for 5 days (mon to fri) 1hr gym then 1hr swim after..including weds morning aerobics class then thrus night zumba class .. and decorating my moms house inbetween!..

southernbelle102
10-14-2010, 12:20 AM
That sounds like a doozy of a week... good luck! :)

I like the flower names idea...

leopardspots
10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
What about female superheros, wonderwoman, super girl, she-ra, etc.? I also like bbgs suggestion of disney characters too. I love disney!

JMfan
10-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Ooh Team Wonder Woman...that'd make a hot siggy

southernbelle102
10-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah... I like the super hero theme too...

bbg200
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
thanks you southernbelle! i need all luck i can get!.. did the zumba tonight as a tester an i loved it! hard work tho an funny trying to keep up with the moves but im sure ill be good at it when ive been a few times :) i was also thinking about wild animals?.. lions tigers panthers ect?? or sea life? i have so many ideas

JasonsLea
10-14-2010, 06:13 PM
:wave: everyone!

Psyched about the new challenge!

New mini semester starts on Monday. All computer courses for me so easy-peasy. I got into it with my landlord so I have to find another place to live next month. I'm actually relieved. Ready for my own space again.

Hoping for another loss tomorrow! :crossed:

:grouphug:

katy trail
10-14-2010, 06:54 PM
i'm excited to start the challenge too. i wish it started sooner. for now, i'm doing the 5# challenge. down 3# :) just started cc last sat.

southernbelle102
10-15-2010, 03:08 PM
I can't wait to see what the final results and standings were for the last challenge!! and, can't wait to start the next!!

It has been a LONG week here! I have been watching the scale hover over the same #s ALL week long and am getting frustrated. I am hoping for a big whoosh and know that it is likely to happen soon. However, it is still so frustrating to know that you are sicking to your diet and doing everything the same as you have been and just don't see the #s go down as quickly as you would like. I feel like I have lost some inches this week though even if the scale isn't reflecting it (I really should start charting my inches :) )

How are you all doing?

southernbelle102
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Kim, you must have been posting those as I was typing... haha!

katy trail
10-16-2010, 08:44 PM
how's everyone feeling/doing?

bbg200
10-16-2010, 09:46 PM
im feeling alot better (i had a problems with my chest) and really excited for the next BL. i didnt do so good in the last one :( because of problems.. but hopefully this time round ill be fully better an ready to go!! :D had a really busy day today.. was back at my moms painting the bedroom an the door frames got to go back 2mrw to finish off by chucking all her unwanted things an bagging other for charity. she has a list as long as her arm with things for me to do.. already spent 3days painting her room an spare room! next is the front room, good job i love her so much huh :)

JMfan
10-16-2010, 10:42 PM
miserable. my "two girls" are incredibly sore so I can't do any of my exercise dvds (I tried and couldn't get through anything)and it's a tad too cold for a walk. *sigh* On a good note, I have my new job orientations starting Monday. Does ironing dress pants count as exercise? hmmm?

katy trail
10-17-2010, 11:00 AM
we just started house hunting. if all goes well, (crosses fingers) we could move little after christmas. that's some motivation baby! even at my current weight, i feel great! hey a rhyme lol. as i've posted before, i haven't been under 200 in a very long time. last i remember, my oldest was in pre school. he's 9! for most of the past 10 years i was over 200. so this feels like new territory. i can be the fit mom. and in our new house, i can do even better things. i'm so excited to move leaving the fat girl behind. and moving burns tons of cals! haha.

i enjoy motivating everyone. when i'm having a bad day it really helps that i'm not alone.

katy trail
10-17-2010, 01:27 PM
common people, where did everyone go? let's go, go, go!

JMfan
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
This challenge falls during the the start of my first real job. this'll keep me on a healthy track during the change.

KimL1214
10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Anyone come up with any team ideas???

KimL1214
10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Female superheros, mythological team names, disney films, planets, stars, names of flowers, wild animals, sea life... what I got right now... So the poll is going up...

KimL1214
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
VOTE ON THE POLL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD!!!

GreenTeaYum
10-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Ohhh they are all such good ideas- I went with the Disney characters, but I also like the idea of the superheroes. I'm not sure about the Planet option- I already feel as big as Jupiter, I don't know if I need a team name to remind me of that. LOL

Jelbelle
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I really, really like the Greek goddess idea :( that's why I wanted to join the challenge, saw everyone siggys and liked them so much XD I'm a mythological buff, too =)

southernbelle102
10-19-2010, 03:22 AM
This past week was the first week in my entire time on this diet plan that I have not lost one single pound. I actually gained mid week and went up to 311. I saw that same exact # 311.2 for 4 days straight! I finally got back down to 309 this weekend. I know that this happens but I have been really frustrated. I have not been cheating or doing anything differently. I am calorie cycling between 1200 cals and 1600 cals a day and am trying to eat highly nutritious foods. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting out of a stall. I mean, I have stalled for a day or 2 before this, but never a week or more. I feel like breaking the scale every morning when I step on it and see the same # over and over. I am grateful that I am back to my starting weight for the week and at least I didn't gain anything at the end of the week. I am going to try adding in more protein etc.

Also, I have really thick hair and it sheds a lot on a normal basis. However, lately, it seems to be coming out a lot more than before. I know that hair loss is a common side effect of rapid weight loss and am not shocked by this. I just wanted to know if any of you had suggestions for supplements or foods etc that can help reduce hair loss and increase hair regrowth. I am lucky that I have tons of hair to start with. However, if this continues through the rest of my weight loss, I will be in trouble.

Thanks for the support and advise!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

KimL1214
10-19-2010, 10:57 AM
southernbelle102~ I'm not sure on the hair loss, but have your tried mixing things up with your workouts? Try something completely new and see if that helps break you through the plateau.

Looks like super heroes are winning...

Remember to vote!!!

Nienna
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
I voted for mythological names, but seeing as how the superheroes are in the lead (at least for the moment), is it okay if I make a few suggestions?

If superheroes wins, I'd really like to have one of the following as a team name: Aeon Flux, The Scarlet Witch, Rogue, or Gi from the Captain Planet cartoon. Could any of those end up as possible team names should the superheroes category win?

GreenTeaYum
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
If superheroes wins, I'd really like to have one of the following as a team name: Aeon Flux, The Scarlet Witch, Rogue, or Gi from the Captain Planet cartoon. Could any of those end up as possible team names should the superheroes category win?

Ooh I like Rogue and Aeon Flux (I'm not familiar with the others). What about Pheonix from X-Men. Or Poison Ivy (ok, she's a bad guy, but I love her).

Or the classics, Wonder Woman and Catwoman.

Nienna
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Ooh I like Rogue and Aeon Flux (I'm not familiar with the others). What about Pheonix from X-Men. Or Poison Ivy (ok, she's a bad guy, but I love her).

I am so glad that you mentioned Poison Ivy! I actually had written her into my post, too, but then edited her out because I was worried that my list was starting to sound a bit dark. I would also love to be on a Poison Ivy team! She kicks butt.

The Scarlet Witch is a Marvel character and was in some of the X-Men stories. In her earlier incarnations, she can manipulate probability, but not perfectly, which I thought was a nice kind of metaphor for weight loss (you can eat on plan and exercise regularly and you still might not see what you want on the scale for a while).

southernbelle102
10-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I like the more classic superheroes. I have never heard of those other ones ;)

Jelbelle
10-19-2010, 02:55 PM
In the event that I'm forced to be on a team named after a female superhero, I'm with Nienna, I opt for the newer superheroes. Psylocke, Jean Grey, Storm; any woman who was actually a stand-alone complex, and not just a womanized version of the male predecessor (Batwoman, Superwoman, all the other BS wannabes). And I'm also in support of any character who's signature outfit didn't consist of a tail, cat ears, or go-go boots.

leopardspots
10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I like a lot of the suggestions for the Team names. Here is a compilation and some of my suggestions for popular, well-known heroines.

Super Heroines:
Wonder Woman
Bat Girl/Oracle - Batman Universe
Black Canary - Batman Universe
Huntress - Batman Universe
Rogue - X-Men Universe
Storm - X-Men Universe
Jean Grey/ Phoenix - X-Men Universe
Psylocke - X-Men Universe
Black Widow - Iron man Universe
Aeon Flux
Scarlet Witch - X-Men Universe
Shadow Cat - X-Men Universe
Gi - Captain Planet Universe
She-Ra
Chun-Li - Street Fighter
Cammie - Street Fighter
Vampirella
Xena - Xena Warrior Princess

Anti-Heroines (They are just misunderstood):
Catwoman - Batman Universe
Poison Ivy - Batman Universe
Harley Quinn - Batman Universe
Black Cat - Spiderman Universe
Elektra - Daredevil Universe
Mystique - X-men Universe

I think it would be fun if we had a heroine vs. anti-heroine teams.

My favs are Rogue, Catwoman, Chun-Li, and Elektra.