Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 4 (10/11-10/17)

shan84
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Hey team. Like I said I'm posting these up a little early tonight. Seeing some good numbers being posted for weigh ins. Good luck to everyone! Let's continue this weeks thread by talking about any crockpot recipes you use that you enjoy.

shan84
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry team. I'm using my first freebie this week. I did some extensive exercise this past week as you can see if you look in my workout journal on that thread...and I have some massive water weight going on. I'll take my freebie this week and work on dropping some of that weight for next weigh in. Congrats to others who are seeing great losses this week.

KimL1214
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
sha25~ **Giggle** Tampon in her ears, **Giggle**

alwe74~ Migraines, ugh, how are you feeling?

tambolina~ Thanks for posting those recipes!!! They look super yummy!

JasonsLea~ Hot guys are always a bonus!

dudesmom~ Sorry to hear you're feeling down :hug: Thank you for the positive words about my big step!

shan84~ CONGRATS on your hike!!! Cutting your time in half is AMAZING!!! It really means a lot to me to hear of how other people have had positive outcomes from big changes

lindalee9~ Congrats on your loss this week!!!

julie99s~ Congrats on your loss this week!!!

charmtime~ You got this! Keep your head up!

Serval87~ How are you doing?

Angie~ How was your Holiday?

TERAPET~ Congrats on your new job!!!

I know I'm a lil late on the questions... but here they are...

What is the first concert you ever attended and what do you remember most about it? I want details!! Oh, and if you have never attended a concert, what would be your dream concert to attend?

I was babysitting my niece, and we went to see LeAnn Rimes... Not normally something I would have gone to see as I have been to TONS of concerts since them, only one of which was a country concert. The rest were all Alternative artists...

Do you cook during the winter time with a crock pot? Do you have any favorite recipes?

I cook ALL winter long and use my crockpot at least once every couple of weeks. Last week I made an AMAZING Pot Roast (WW recipe).

Weekend is already over, ugh. Back to school tomorrow. I'm sorry I posted a small gain this week, but I am going to try something new this week... No meat. We'll see how that goes...

Here's to a good week...

CanadaMel
10-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Checking in from Waterton. We did a nice long hike yesterday (my pedometer logged ~32,000 steps)
We're in a hotel tonight and grateful since it's raining here. Tomorrow we'll head home, but we've had an enjoyable weekend spending family time together.
Hope everyone is doing well and ready to rock week 4!

First concert: Hall and Oats!

Cook with a crockpot?: not as much as I should! Usually I make black bean soup in the crock pot.

grneyegrl
10-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Almost done with my move. For a week i stayed with a friend who does not have internet or tv - that was interesting. Haven't unpacked my scale yet but judging from my jeans nothing changed too much!

armywife88
10-11-2010, 07:24 AM
so sorry I missed weigh in!!

I'll be gone next weekend as well so I'll weigh in Thursday so I don't miss it again.

julie99s
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Happy Monday (is that an oxymoron?? lol) team! I'm far more chipper than I should be on a Monday while the girls are fighting as they get ready for school. On my way to the gym. Hoping for an hour on the eliptical, but we'll see. Foot still banged up, zumba and bosu out of the question for a few more days I think.

TERAPET
10-11-2010, 10:05 AM
luckybustert-I vaguely recall Black Oak Arkansas. My first concert was Grand Funk Railroad in Omaha.They later did a song titled "We Are An American Band" that referenced a wild party in Omaha and we all speculated who was referrred to in the lyrics!

CanadaMel-I just went to an outdoor Hall & Oates concert in the spring. It was pouring rain but it was still great because that music is just plain fun.

I use my crockpot quite a bit during the winter but it is just the usual-beef stew, pork ribs or bean soup. I am not sure if any of those fit in my food plan anymore. My old recipes are probably pretty high in calories. I am not sure what I will be eating this winter but I would like to incorporate more soup and the crockpot might be the way to go.

Angie
10-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Shan - sounds like you must be in some pain after your tough workouts! I hope the water gain comes off quickly for you.

KimL - My Thanksgiving was awesome, thanks for asking :) I am sooo glad I used my Friday weight for this week, I've gained 5 pounds this weekend!! I'll be working on it for the rest of the week.

Grneyegrl -- Sounds like an interesting week...must have given you lots of time to think and chat!

Crockpot -- I love it, especially in winter I probably use it at least once per week. Chili, spaghetti sauce, sweet and sour chicken, roasts...I'm going to try more stuff with chicken this winter, I haven't experimented much with that.

shan84
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Hey red team. Sorry I was MIA for the day. Spent a day away at a cabin in the woods with the bf. Good times and beautiful weather!

Just finished our results for this past week. Please please please remember to weigh in each week. You DO NOT have to wait until Sunday to weigh in. Red team is now down to 27 members. Let's stay 27 members strong!!!

GO RED

shan84
10-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Our results:

Biggest Loser:
Aclai4067 -5lbs, -2.06%

Honorable Mentions:
JasonsLea -5lbs, -1.82%
sha25 -3.2lbs, -1.74%
tambolina -2.19lbs, -1.33%

Congrats to all of our losers!! Way to go!!! Let's keep it up and keep moving for Week 4!

For myself personally, I am going to stop weighing in daily, and start weighing in only once a week. I don't usually count everyday when I weigh in, but its starting to play mind games with me and I don't want to bother with it anymore. On another note, the bf and I will join the boxing academy here on the island tomorrow. It will be my first workout with that tomorrow and I'm super nervous and very excited. Also tomorrow is the first day back to work after a 4 day vacation. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday here!

dudesmom
10-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Congrats to all the losers!!! :)

Bigmid
10-12-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Red team I just post the results and want to say Congratulations to the Red Team for winning the week 3 challange. Great job!!!

Also to all the Canadians on the team I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving

shan84
10-12-2010, 02:50 AM
CONGRATS TEAM!!!! We won the week 3 weigh in! :celebrate:

dudesmom
10-12-2010, 04:43 AM
CONGRATS TEAM!!!! We won the week 3 weigh in! :celebrate:

Yay to those of you that helped make us winners this week!

I had a rough day, kids were crazy, I have the worst PMS that I've ever had, and my cat is very sick and may not be with us very much longer. It's been a pretty emotional day, but my one victory is that I stayed on plan today with both food and exercise. I'm hoping when I wake up tomorrow, my hormones will be in check, my children will be behaving like perfect little angels, and my cat will be cured. If that doesn't happen, I'm hoping I can at least stay on plan again! :) Have a good night, all!

Serval87
10-12-2010, 06:16 AM
KimL1214: I'm alright. How are you?

Sorry I missed weigh-in. I actually didn't miss it, but I was really bloated, so I just didn't record it. :( Next time I'll weigh myself on an empty stomach.

Hey, I think my endurance increased. Sunday I did an entire 30 mins of Hip Hop Abs with more energy than I usually have. I barely had to take any rests (unusual for me), and I wasn't all huffy through it. :)

shan84
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Well tomorrow morning will start my new challenge. I'm going to face each day as a challenge. I know if I can get through one day at a time, it will turn in to 7 days, which will turn into a month....remember what they say, it only takes 21 days of doing something for it to become a habit!

October is my habit month!

Violet73
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm hoping for a loss this next weigh in....I've been in a stall but hopefully no longer!

tambolina
10-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Great job Red Team!!!! :cheer2:

Great job Aclai, Jasonslea, and Sha25 on the big losses!!! Keep up the great work.

Dudesmom - sorry to hear about your kitty, :( keep working and stay on plan, that is one thing that you CAN control which in a strange way seems to help me.

Shan - good luck with the new workout, I wish I had time to do structured workouts... maybe this spring.

KimL - good luck with the no meat... your body needs protein so make sure you are getting in cheese or Legumes. Try to increase your water intake... if I get stuck, I try to up my water by at least 20 oz a day. Currently I am drinking between 64 and 82 oz a day.

I set a mini goal for myself to be in the 150s by this weekend...only 1.5 pounds to go.

pinkpolkadot
10-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Hello Everyone:wave:! I am excited to say that I am back on plan today:carrot:. My doctor adjusted my meds so I no longer feel like crap all day every day:cp:. Hubby and I are going to start going back to the gym at nights again :lifter:. I hope you all are having a great day!!!:grouphug:

:devil:GO RED TEAM:devil:

TERAPET
10-12-2010, 10:24 PM
dudesmom-I hope things turn around for you-especially your kitty.:hug:

p-polkadot-Happy day gurl! Keep your sunny side up.

tambolina-congrats on closing in on your goal. Almost there.

LeslieLou-I am stalled also. No fun. Oh well-hang in there. It is going to be great when we get to the other side.

sahn84-I hope you had a successful day. Good idea.

Serval87-Good for you budding athlete.

I started my new job today. So far so good. I miss my time to exercise. Waah

sha25
10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
So happy to make honorable mention this week.. :carrot:

I have been on plan so far this week.. I hope it sticks.. Lately I keep bouncing around a few pound loss.. Up and down like a roller-coaster.. This week's goal is to add to that number and see the scale start with 17? It's been a long road for these 10 lbs or so...

Terapet= Good luck in the new job.

pinkpokadot- G;ad your on plan and feeling better.

Leslielou- I've been in a stall for quite awhile now, we can do this!!!

Serval- How do you like hip hop abs???

Shan- I always say I am only going to weigh in once a week and every morning like clock work there I am back on the scale.. I'm thinking I am gonna join you and only weigh in on Sundays and see how it goes.. Let us know how the boxing academy goes.. I've always wanted to try boxing.. I was thinking about adding a boxing bag to my downstairs gym.. So far I have a treadmill, boflex (which I love), Pull up bar, stationary bike.. big screen tv for all my workout videos..Lol.. I don't have time for a gym with 3 kids so I have made the basement my personal workout room.

So excited for tomorrow, Roger Waters Concert with DH!!! Woo Hoo!!

CanadaMel
10-13-2010, 12:49 AM
I started a post while walking the dog, but then deleted it -whoops!

Sha- enjoy the concert! Saw Pink Floyd in concert back in '87 (sans Roger). But an excellent show none the less ;). Wow your workout room sounds great.

Shan- good luck on not weighing daily, I tried it last spring, but didn't like not knowing. Each day is a new day is a great philosophy.

Tambolina-you can do it! Go, go, go!

Polkadot-yay for feeling better!

Leslielou-I've had success in the past when I calorie cycle. Keep the calories the same for the week, but vary them day to day. High one day, low the next.

Working through TOM, so hopefully can post a loss by Sunday.

CanadaMel
10-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey! Where is everyone? Hope we all had good Wednesdays and are enjoying our evenings. In walking the dog currently.
Had an okay day food wise. At work had my annual review which went okay and didn't send me into a binge. So all in all not a bad day.

TERAPET
10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi CanadaMel-I was going to skip posting because I have nothing to report and I am soooo tired. Still managing to read posts though. Next week will be better.

shan84
10-14-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm here! On Day Two of my back on plan, plan. Haha! Everything is going great. Got great sleep last night and wonderful exercise yesterday. Food and water on track. All is well here.

And yes, I did have many urges to step on the scale both yesterday and today but I ignored them and instead reached for another glass of water and reminded myself that weigh in day would come soon enough.

Cheers!

JasonsLea
10-14-2010, 07:08 PM
:wave: everyone!

I giggled when I saw my name under Honorable Mentions! :D

New mini semester starts on Monday. All computer courses for me so easy-peasy. I got into it with my landlord so I have to find another place to live next month. I'm actually relieved. Ready for my own space again.

Hoping for another loss tomorrow! :crossed:

:grouphug:

shan84
10-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Hope everyone has a great Friday! Halfway through the day here in SK.

On day three on plan and doing and feeling great. I started my beginner Korean class. It is so important for me to pick up the language so I can meet my bf's parents soon. I had been trying to study on my own at home but it was impossible to stay focused. Now I am going to a class for 1 hr/3 times a week. It takes up a chunk of my exercise time, but the bf and I are getting extra exercise by walking to and from the class and the bus terminal. Plus the class is just as important as my lifelong commitment to get healthy so I am going to find a way to balance the two. Back to the class again today.

Hope everyone is well. It's been kind of quiet on here this week.

Today's question: What is your favorite holiday and why?

alwe74
10-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi Everyone. I'm going camping this weekend so I will be weighing in early. Still struggling with migraines so I've scheduled a massage for Monday. Hope it helps. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

CanadaMel
10-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Hope everyone is doing okay. It's been awfully quiet around here.

What is your favorite holiday and why?
I've been thinking about this one all day and I really can't pick one. I like any holiday that allows me to get together & spend time with my family.

alwe- enjoy camping! I see you're in Wyoming. I lived in Laramie for 4 years while going to grad school there! Love the Snowy Mtns.

Shan- way to stay strong versus the scale! Hope you are rewarded when you do get to step on it.

Day off tomorrow- I'm looking forward to a little r&r before I start all the regular weekend chores.

shan84
10-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Update: dudesmom has dropped out of the challenge as an official member. Hope you can come back and join us again sometime! :hugs:

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Things are good here in SK. Saturday's plan: Lots of of paperwork and studying for my Korean class on Monday. Oh, and we are going to an 11:50pm showing of Eat, Pray, Love. It just came to Korea, so I'm excited to see it. I love Julia Roberts. Sunday plan: NASCAR race watching in the morning (love when its a Saturday night race so I can watch it here in SK during normal hours...Sunday races I have to watch on MOnday mornings from 1am-5am usually), then 4 hour walk to Jangsungpo (which usually brings along a great calorie burn).

Hope everyone else is doing great! GO RED TEAM!!

Aclai4067
10-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey Ladies, sorry I've been so quiet this week. I've done pretty well on plan with my food, but I still really need to step up the workouts. But I got a new motivation thrown my way yesterday. My work is doing a wellness competition from Nov 1-Jan 31. You decide your goals and what area of your total wellness you need to work on (for me this will of course be weight loss and exercise). You compete on a team of six and there are opportunities to earn points both as teams and as individuals. The top three teams win a vacation to their choice of Vegas, Denver, San Diego, South Beach or Scottsdale! I'm so pumped for this. I feel like this and the wedding are really what I need to get myself going again. I'm finaly back down to the weight I was at in May and I'm starting to remember how good it feels to see consistent progress. Hope the rest of you are having as good of a week.

Oh and the favorite holiday, definitely Halloween. I love dressing up! I got such a cute bee costume for this year. Also, for the first time in god knows how long, I tried on a costume that was too big this year!!! Sure most were still skin tight, but onetoo big and a couple that fit sounds like awesome progress to me.

KimL1214
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Fly by post...

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because my whole family (immediate) gets together at my parents for dinner. It's sometimes the only time during the year that we are all together.

AmeriCorps has to be postponed due to some big personal stuff that has come up, BUT, I am going to plan in greater detail for heading out in the future!!!

shan84
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't forget to weigh in before tomorrow evening (Sunday) by 10pm AST. Remember, you don't have to wait until then to post your weigh in.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Holiday? My favorite holiday is Christmas! I love everything about it. Spending time with family, spreading Christmas cheer, the excitement in the air, Christmas spirit, Christmas songs, and Christmas movies! I love Christmas!! And of course, the true meaning of Christmas and celebrating that.

nurse2be
10-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Hope everyone had a great week! I've really sick, still waiting for results from some x-rays from yesterday. Today is my b-day but I'm obviously not celebrating it today. I am bummed I thought I'd be down 15 lbs by now. Oh well, time to make my 33rd year the best from this point on!

julie99s
10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, I'm up a lb. I was going to take a freebie, but I thought there are worse things in life than gaining a single lb. I'll get it next week. Sorry team!

Violet73
10-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I had a woosh of 5 pounds! :carrot: Hoping to keep the scale moving down...I really want out of the 200s! Hope we beat the blue team this week!

sha25
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Sorry I was MIA this week. I have been so sick. Went to the doctor today and started a round of antibiotics so hopefully I will start feeling better in a few days.

Up a little this for this weigh in.. I expected it in a way. I have not been feeling up to eating or cooking my meals.

I love all holidays but my favorite holiday is Christmas, it's also my b day!

Gonna go lay down now.. Hopefully this fever will go away.. I haven't had a fever in so long and forgot how much it drains you..

shan84
10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Hey team. Sorry but I had to post a gain this week of 5.5 lbs. Not sure what's going on with my body. I'm working hard though. I didn't want to lose my last freebie, so I decided to keep myself accountable and post my current weight. Sorry. :(