Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 10-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Better Oats Oatmeal - SO...good.

I found a box of this brand of oatmeal(the Raw-Bare kind) at Tom Thumb probably a month and a half ago and it just sat in my pantry until I was in a time crunch the other day and ate it for breakfast. OH...MY...GOSH. It is delicious. It's got 4g of fiber and 6g of protein, but it does have 160 calories, which is what kept me from eating it for so long. I thought for sure it wouldn't keep me full.

But it definitely does...I eat breakfast around 7am and I was just barely feeling a glimmer of hunger when it came time for lunch (12 or 12:30). And the oats are so...dense and..something else I can't describe. I went to Market Street today to look around and they have a ton of different flavors...and had they 5 boxes for $5. So I got some.

Has anyone ever had it before? I feel like a crazy person for being so nuts over this oatmeal.

http://www.betteroats.com/
ashley nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there Texan Sistah! I knew you had to be close because of the stores you mention. I have a MS and TT too! Thanks for the heads up on the oatmeal.

MS also has the BEST ice cream--ARCTIC ZERO! Many flavors there and you can eat the entire pint for under 130 or 150 calories depending on your choice of flavor.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #3  

Yeah! I looove Market Street (and my Tom Thumb...ahh, it's never crowded!). I got some of the Artic Zero ice cream today! Jury is still out. It kind of has the texture of frozen cool whip. I don't think I like the Mint Chocolate Chip flavor, but the Vanilla is pretty good...I especially think it will be good on something else (no pudge fudge brownies maybe? Or bananas foster? or..anything?).
Old 10-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Yes--I agree about texture but I am ok with it for the saving of the calories.

btw, a scoop of the vanilla is divine on oatmeal made with 25 calorie cocoa!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I recently discovered these!! They are so good! I've had the chai and luscious dark chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmm!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #6  

I'm eating the Dark Chocolate one right now!!! I was a little nervous about it, but it is SOOOOO good. That being said, Thighs Be Gone, That is a GREAT idea to put the vanilla Artic Zero on it (won't have to add any hot cocoa, because it's already chocolate!)