Old 10-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #1  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Default Body shape morphing???

As I was growing to my heaviest, I reached a point where the width of my posterior stayed the same and my gut kept growing. I attribute it to insulin resistance, but whatever it is, I became an amorphous blob from waist to hip. I went from curvy to apple-shaped.

I've lost enough weight that I'm back into the wardrobe I kept from 4 years ago. The shirts all fit in the boobs and across the hips...but I'm baggy in the sides/waist area. Not a *huge* amount, but enough that it's noticeable and buttoned shirts look awkward.

I'm still an apple, but my proportions are changing. Has anyone else noticed their proportions changing instead of their body just shrinking?
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #2  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

I wish. I am pear shaped. My top half is usually at least one size smaller than the bottom. I am hoping to even out, but am not holding my breath.
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I went from apple shape to a pear shape body, it's pretty weird and frustrating to me how my boobs shrinks first.
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

No. I go from large apple to small apple. "Waist" is an unknown concept for my body.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I believe underneath it all I'm a forever hour glass, but my body definitely morphs and I've hit pear, hour, and rectangle depending on which month it is. It's kind of like curly hair...as it grows it grows in an "S" shape, so sometimes it curls and flips out and sometimes it curls and flips in. Well, sometimes I lose weight in the hips and bust, which takes them down to the same size as my waist, which hasn't changed. That's where I am right now. So right now I'm an absolute rectangle and to me it makes my waist look larger, but it really isn't. Then I'll lose it in the waist and I become an hour again. Then I'll lose in the bust only and suddenly I'm a pear.

I've never been an apple. I don't have the lovely legs to be an apple. That's the one blessing about apple shapes, isn't it? The lovely legs? At least you all know that as you shrink you're going to have some hot legs! I'm not convinced I ever will.

Hopefully I'll land on hour glass at goal.

Last edited by Eliana; 10-10-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

I guess we're never satisfied! I'd love to be a curly-haired hour glass but I'm a straight-haired apple!!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #7  
Why can't you?

Default NSV of sorts tonight.

I caught a friend checking me out several times during dinner last night. He finally blurts out that the girls were looking yummy and he's sorry that he was staring. Since no one else was in the section, I stood up, pulled back the jacket at the tummy, and I hear "Holy crap, you've lost a lot of weight in your waist. No wonder the girls look huge."

Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #8  
Why can't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I believe underneath it all I'm a forever hour glass, but my body definitely morphs and I've hit pear, hour, and rectangle depending on which month it is. It's kind of like curly hair...as it grows it grows in an "S" shape, so sometimes it curls and flips out and sometimes it curls and flips in. Well, sometimes I lose weight in the hips and bust, which takes them down to the same size as my waist, which hasn't changed. That's where I am right now. So right now I'm an absolute rectangle and to me it makes my waist look larger, but it really isn't. Then I'll lose it in the waist and I become an hour again. Then I'll lose in the bust only and suddenly I'm a pear.

I'm never been an apple. I don't have the lovely legs to be an apple. That's the one blessing about apple shapes, isn't it? The lovely legs? At least you all know that as you shrink you're going to have some hot legs! I'm not convinced I ever will.

Hopefully I'll land on hour glass at goal.
Thanks for the input. When I was younger, I was an hourglass. All T&A. I despised all the attention that went along with it, but in a weird way, I'll be glad when I morph back to it.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

This is something that's had me wondering lately as well ...

I've always thought of myself as an hourglass - even when I was an extremely large hourglass, but as I'm losing weight, I seem to be getting smaller on top while still fairly large from the waist down, so I guess I'm turning into a pear? I notice it especially with my legs - I have really thick legs! I hope at some point they start having some definition to them, rather than just looking like tree trunks.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #10  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I was always an hourglass, and then a really large hour glass. Now I have quite slim hips, butt, and my thighs are amazing. I don't know if all the exercise while still over 200 lbs gave me extra workout to that area or if changing hormones due to approaching menopause but I'm looking a bit like Jessica Rabbit. Size 8 pants but 34GG bra!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:59 AM   #11  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 261.2/245.8/199

Height: 5'7.5"

I also went from curvy to amorphous blob, well, more amorphous rectangle. I don't know that I was ever a true hour glass as I've never had much of a butt, but I've got the boobs, hips, and I had the waist. Though, at only twenty pounds down the waist is already coming back. I keep finding myself running my hands down my waist to my hips to feel the slight curve that's returned.

I am not a fan of being a rectangle.

Last month when I took my measurements I was 50.5-47.75-50.38. Not exactly the ideal measurements! I'm still almost straight, but there's a bit of a curve coming back!
StarGetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm pretty sure I'm shapeless. Or perhaps I just don't understand shapes.

Cause I'm all boobs and then my waist is pretty small. But I'm all love handles...with super thin legs. Seriously, I can pull a size 10 up my thighs because they are smaller than everything else. And I have no rear end.

Maybe an apple? I can never figure it out!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Eliana, I was a hardcore hourglass but have been having the same thing happen with my loss. It is rectangle city here right now. I am glad to know I am not the only one because was worried that I was going to end up looking like a stump.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #14  

I'm a tree stump. I can't see any shape at the moment lol
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

My entire adult life, my shape has been "round". Huge boobs, huge butt, and tummy in between. I am definitely noticing some shape (other than "balloon") going on! I have a waist (space between where my arms naturally hang and my side anyway) my boobs stick out further then my stomach (although they are shrinking too, SAD), and my behind is deflating. My 16W jeans from Lane Bryant were sagging so bad in the butt and thighs that I actually bought my very fist pair of non W sized jeans yesterday since high school from Old Navy in a 16 petite (yes, I am gloating as I am thrilled!); of course, my butt is still bigger than normal so I am getting that weird gap when I sit and lean over. Oh well.

I think I might end up being hour glass shaped, but my thighs are still pretty big so I might end up pear. I am excited to see what happens!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote