South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's The Weekend On The Beach Chat!

Happy Saturday! And it's promising to be a beautiful weekend here. The trees are just starting to turn and it's mild enough to have windows open.

Speaking of windows, we're going shopping for honeycomb shades to replace the mini blinds in the house. I'm tired of cleaning those darned things! We've been comparison shopping and they're on sale right now, so it's time to buy. Our neighborhood is having a yardsale today, so I'll probably browse around and catch up on the news with the neighbors, too.

First, though, is breakfast at the Amish market, and while we're there I want to get another basket of apples. I promised 3 apple cakes for some friends, so I'll be doing a lot of baking tomorrow.

How's your weekend looking?
Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Happy weekend I'm heading out to my parents for a few days with a work meeting on the way and planned work Tuesday afternoon. It will be nice to be away a few days and the leaves should be lovely.

Cottage - enjoy your fall weekend
Old 10-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Linda and Cyndi! One fall I'm going to get out your way and enjoy the fall splendor. Ours is pretty quick here-aspens turn, aspens go, then comes snow.

Linda, enjoy the Amish market and the abundance of apples.

Cyndi, be safe and have a nice visit with your folks.

I've already had the pups out and am getting around to my plan for the day. We have a therapy dog event so Bing will need a bath...Rudi will sit this one out...just too much action for him. I have my last days with the cookbook project, too. First we'll get the pups out for their walk with dog friends. It's going to be cold.

Have a great day everyone!

Karen, Stay strong!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Linda, Cyndi and Debbie, it sounds like you've all got nice plans for the day.

My mom and I have an easy day planned today, I ran the poor woman ragged yesterday! We'll go for a walk, maybe take a ride to check out the foliage and hopefully see a moose, but that's all that's on the agenda for today. I'm looking forward to a relaxing day.

Enjoy your day friends!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I'm at the Holiday Inn Express at the Ottawa airport after a ten hour sleep to ditch the jetlag. I'm back on track with bran flakes (the only cereal choice) and some sf ff yogurt with apple. Now to hit the road for Delta and get back to reality.
It was an absolutely fantastic week! I'll bore you with details later.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Welcome back Ruth!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #7  
Be happy.

I'm so glad you had a great trip, Ruth! We've missed you!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

So my Tivo has officially died. I have been stockpiling shows on there to watch while my husband is out of town next week and now can't even get live TV. Funny how dependent I have become on technology. I am reminding myself that it is only TV One of my house-guests is up and the others are still sleeping. DH and DS are working on a habitat for humanity house today while I play hostess. Busy weekend.

Have a great one all!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Hello, ladies!!! Just got up about 30 minutes ago...watching the Georgia/Tennessee game and hoping like **** my Dawgs will win this one. I don't care if they only win 1 game a year...just as long as it's Tennessee they beat, LOL!!! So far so good...17 to 0, Georgia. I was supposed to be going to a surprise birthday party for my bestfriend from middle school's grandmother, but I woke up too late and now if I went I'd have to go in uniform AND I'd have to pretty much turn around and leave right after I got there. Oh well.

Cottage - Sounds like lovely weather. I wish we had windows on the house that would open, but unfortunately all but 3 are full length windows that don't open.

Lexxiss - Wow, the cookbook is almost done, huh??? That is awesome...what a project!!!

Heidi - Sounds like a nice, relaxing day. Enjoy it!!!

Ruth - Glad you had a good time...welcome back!!!

WaistinTime - Awwww, good luck getting your Tivo fixed. Even though it's "only TV" there are shows that I absolutely HATE to miss, so I get it. I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but I like to be able to watch my shows, darnit!!! LOL

Anywho, plans for today are gym and then working at the fair from 6 - midnight. I'll hit the gym again afterwards, probably, and then come home and catch up on ****'s Kitchen and Bones before hitting the hay. Working the fair again tomorrow from 6 - midnight and then I'll be back to work for my normal work week after that. BUT the money I'll get working these 12 hours at the fair will pay for the bike I put on layaway yesterday, so yay!!!

Hope you ladies are having a good weekend so far.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:02 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm up and about since 3:15. I am still jet-lagged and also have the start of a cold, darn it. The dogs have been out, eaten, been out again and are now fast asleep again. A "dog's life" is definitely not a bad thing around this house!

On the way home from the Ottawa airport, I stopped at a farmer's market and loaded up on veggies for the week - kale, some chardish looking greens, eggplant, peppers and plum tomatoes. It's just as well I did that as I believe we had a killing frost last night. Luckily I picked my late-planted green beans yesterday afternoon. This'll be a week of healthy eating with an Italian twist.

I've had three invitations to Thanksgiving Dinner today but have graciously refused. I have to work at the Mill all day today, then count the moola and get it into the night deposit. I sure don't want $4K hanging around in my house tonight and Monday despite the fierce guard dogs on duty. I'll be having my T dinner at my sister's farm next Saturday. By then I'll have faced the scale and be back on track. (I bet I imbibed a pint of olive oil while in Italy!)

May your Sunday be a Funday!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - Can't wait to hear about your trip and see the pictures. Welcome back!

My Dad is as good as I've seen him in several years. He has figured out how to actually get some sleep and it's done wonders for his state of mind. Today we are off somewhere, he hasn't decided where. I'm sure there will be leaves and mountains. Tomorrow Mom and I thrift shop!

It looks like we dodged the hard freeze last night. I'm off to check my home weather forecast.

Hope the sun is out and you have something just right planned for your day
Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It sounds like you're jumping right back into your busy mode, Ruth, despite the jet lag. Up since 3:15!!! You'll surely need a nap this afternoon!

I think it will be a Funday Sunday here. Jake and I have a bit of shopping to do in Delaware this morning, then we plan to winterize the garden and mow the lawn this afternoon. The kids will be here for supper, and I'm going to invite Mom & Dad over, too.

Cyndi, I'm so glad your Dad is doing better, and wish you all a fun day, whatever you decide to do. It dipped down into the mid-40s overnight here, so we're still safe from frost. It's been warming up into the low 70s during the day. Perfect fall weather for me!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-10-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #13  

Good Morning Ladies! Crazy-hot weather for October in MN. We were in the 80's yesterday and are supposed to be again today. Shopping was on the agenda yesterday. Today is yard work and housework. Oh the joys!

I'm looking forward to when my kids are teenagers and I can wake their sorry rears up at 6:00 am on the weekends instead of the opposite that we are going through right now.

Enjoy the rest of the fleeting weekend!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I overslept for Church. Nothiing planned for today but an appt. at 5 tommorrrow.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #15  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanMay View Post
I'm looking forward to when my kids are teenagers and I can wake their sorry rears up at 6:00 am on the weekends instead of the opposite that we are going through right now.
I SERIOUSLY doubt you'll be any more fond of waking up at 6 am on the weekends 10 years from now, but it's fun to dream, eh?
Closed Thread