General Diet Plans and Questions - 'How to Make Any Diet Work'

View Full Version : 'How to Make Any Diet Work'

BelovedK
10-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Mods, I hope this is in the right place.

'How to Make Almost Any Diet Work: Repair Your Disordered Appetite and Finally Lose Weight '

Anyone reading this?

It is really speaking to me and making me want tot take pause before jumping on another program. She suggests (strongly) that you have a 'buddy' to work through the book with.

That is what is stopping me

I really want to do this, but want to discuss. Anyone interested?

ringmaster
10-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I found the book on google if anyone wants to take a look. I'm reading through it now...

'How to Make Almost Any Diet Work: Repair Your Disordered Appetite and Finally Lose Weight ' (http://books.google.com/books?id=GJmCkAUnOtYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=%27How+to+Make+Almost+Any+Diet+Work:+Repair+You r+Disordered+Appetite+and+Finally+Lose+Weight+%27&source=bl&ots=JFQLGXgQpN&sig=KyMLbxnpfr8kI3yeAX3oCQxaj00&hl=en&ei=6b-wTPy7DcX6lwfX5bXoDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)

BelovedK
10-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I found the book on google if anyone wants to take a look. I'm reading through it now...

'How to Make Almost Any Diet Work: Repair Your Disordered Appetite and Finally Lose Weight ' (http://books.google.com/books?id=GJmCkAUnOtYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=%27How+to+Make+Almost+Any+Diet+Work:+Repair+You r+Disordered+Appetite+and+Finally+Lose+Weight+%27&source=bl&ots=JFQLGXgQpN&sig=KyMLbxnpfr8kI3yeAX3oCQxaj00&hl=en&ei=6b-wTPy7DcX6lwfX5bXoDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)

beni
10-15-2010, 04:01 AM
This seems to be an interesting read. (I had a peek through the first few
pages.)
When I started 8 weeks ago with my current diet, I have been writing down everything I eat and exercise. Now, I have got a bunch of data just in front of me, which shows me where I make mistakes. Only now I am able to correct what needs to be corrected, and this is now the first time I am able to stick to this also long term and I lose slowly, but steadily weight.
I used to quit diets in the past, because I could not do them for long.
So, yes, this book is really worth a read :)
Thanks for sharing.

CarbCrazy1181
10-29-2010, 10:10 AM
I've read the book. I found it super helpful, and I did not have a partner to do it with.