Pregnant - Nursing - Getting Healthy to Get Pregnant 2011

gretel
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I saw the 2010 thread and thought that I would jump the gun on 2011! The doctor recommended three months of prenatal vitamins before trying to get pregnant and I figured that I could shave off another 10 pounds in the next before 2011 too. I've been hoping to be out of the obese category and into overweight (174) before pregnancy, but I can only seem to lose the same two pounds over and over again. I'm currently 196 and plan on staying on plan for however long it takes.

Anyone else here going to be trying for 2011?

GirlyGirl
10-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Just wanted to chime in and wish you good luck! I had no problem getting pregnant despite my weight, but in retrospect I wish I had lost some weight prior to. It hasn't been an easy pregnancy, and while my weight was not a direct factor, it didn't help matters! So, you're making the right choice!

Quail
10-10-2010, 12:31 AM
So glad to see this thread. I'm hoping to get pregnant in late 2011, like September. That gives me a year to get to my goal weight and get a head start on some medical issues. I just had an ovary removed, so I no idea what it will be like to try get pregnant this time around. I got pregnant on the first try with DS, but I was younger and had two ovaries. We'll just have to see...

Anyway, I'll be checking in often. DS has started asking for a sibling (he's 3) so the clock is ticking. ;)

LoveRyGuy
10-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I want to join! I have PCOS and it took 3 years to get pregnant with my son, but only 3 months after starting metformin. I think my pregnancy, which was ****, would have been easier if I had lost some weight before getting pregnant. I guess I just didn't think of it then. I didn't gain weight when I was pregnant, so I want to be on a health path before having another munchkin :)

Gale02
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
My current goal is NOT to get pregnant in 2011, but I am partly getting healthy to get pregnant again sometime in the next couple of years. May I join even though my goal is further out than 2011? (My youngest was born 9/3/10)

rocketbunny
10-19-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm in. I got myself down to about 165 for our wedding back in July but have been moving in the wrong direction since. We're both in our thirties, so want to start adding to our family next year.

I've got about 2 more weeks of birth control (trying to make most of the actual pregnancy be in 2011 calendar year) and am feeling a little less motivated knowing that any weight I get off now will go right back on in a few months... But I'm still aghast that I managed to gain 10 lbs in 3 months.

I blame the wedding gifts and my love of cooking.... ice cream maker, bread machine, etc.

Anyway, I'm journaling ww points and getting back to jogging now that most of the summer heat has passed.

gretel
10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Welcome to everyone so far! I am thrilled to see others trying to get into healthy weights before getting pregnant.

Gale02 - I hope that anyone who can offer advice or encouragement will participate in this thread regardless of if and when they are having/had children!

So far, I have accomplished little in terms of weight loss. I've maintained my exercise levels, but two trips have wreaked havoc on my eating habits. I hope to get that under control this week. Curse you, delicious food from restaurants! On the good news side, I've met with the doctor at work and have a-ok blood pressure and cholesterol. I have a full physical planned for Nov. 1 where I hope to make sure I'm up to date on vaccinations (hello tetanus booster) and actually talk to a medical professional about trying to conceive at my current weight. I also pushed myself and ran my first mile in over a year!

How are you all doing?

Gale02
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM
gretel, awesome job on running a mile, that's fantastic!

I went to my 6 week post partum checkup today and I am 3 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, woohoo! All of the weight from baby #2 is gone, now I'm tackling the weight from #1 (around 65 lbs, wow!). After that, maybe we'll talk about having another one. :)

livb528
11-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi all. I am looking at getting pregnant late 2010 (Decemberish) - early 2012.

My baby girl is 5 1/2 months now. I got pregnant at one of my higher weights of 228 and she was the most wonderful surprise for my husband and I. The pregnancy was mostly easy and uneventful except for my sciatic nerve which has always bothered me but I know was exacerbated by my weight. That hurts like crazy and I really want to lose a significant amount of weight before next baby, if not reach my goal weight.

I'm 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight and want to weigh 170. I lost 5 lbs starting out in the month of October :smug: so I'm hoping for continued success this November! I am nursing DD and plan to for as long as I can.

Lunavie
11-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Hello ladies! This is exactly what I've been looking for, I've made a personal commitment to eating healthy, and exercising more to lose weight before DH and I starting trying to conceive. DH and I are both 23 years old and I really would like to be pregnant next year, it will be our first and I've had some serious baby fever since we got married last year. I've more than weight in my way, I'm about 240 lbs right now which is my highest weight ever but I'm also struggling with Hypothyroidism; boy has this disease been an uphill battle for me!

I look forward to getting to know you ladies! I am looking for a weight loss buddy if anyone is interested, I'd ideally like to lose 80 lbs before even trying to conceive.

boots
11-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Although I just went and got my birth control shot again (I'm actually really LOVING the depo shot!) I just wanted to encourage you guys!

Way to go to trying to lose the weight pre-pregnancy!

I just posted in the other thread how much EASIER my last pregnancy was because I was only 20 lbs smaller than my second pregnancy!

I was able to monitor and control and see direct correlations between my diet and my blood because I had gestational diabetes with all three pregnancies. I was really surprised actually, at the huge difference it made. My energy levels were higher, my mood was better, and overall the entire pregnancy was easier, and the baby was 2lbs lighter! I did control the diabetes through dieting each time, but not so well with the second one as I did with the third one. But just going INTO my third pregnancy with my body healthier was such a HUGE HUGE factor in the health of the entire pregnancy!

So just remember that you're creating the environment where you're going to put your baby, a very very precious baby. You want to make it the safest and healthiest environment possible. Just like after he's born, you're going to feed him safe food and put him in safe blankets and safe cribs, BEFORE he's born you want him to be in a safe place too.

This is something I didn't realize UNTIL AFTER I had my third baby and I was like "wow....the difference was incredible, and I didn't have a stressed out OB because my baby was 9+ lbs!" Much safer and MUCH healthier. If I could have planned ahead now, I'd do it because it was so much less stress, so much MORE energy and so much more pleasant all around!

Good luck! I'm impressed with you all!

Quail
11-07-2010, 01:44 AM
So just remember that you're creating the environment where you're going to put your baby, a very very precious baby. You want to make it the safest and healthiest environment possible. Just like after he's born, you're going to feed him safe food and put him in safe blankets and safe cribs, BEFORE he's born you want him to be in a safe place too.

Just wanted to say that this is an EXCELLENT way to look at things!

Mitza24
11-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I had my first in October of '09 and was the heaviest I have ever been when I got pregnant...almost 170...of course then got up to 205 by the time I had her. But I was lucky that it all came off and then some from breastfeeding. But looking to start trying in the Spring of 2011 and want to make sure I am in tip top shape this time so it can come off easy and I can feel better while pregnant. Looking to be between 135-140 in order for this to happen for have another 5-10 pounds to go and stay at that weight.

Good luck to everyone!

gretel
12-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi chicks! I just wanted to check in an see how everyone has been doing and to thank everyone for all of the support. I have not made any progress losing weight. I've been bouncing between 194 and 196, unfortunately. I've definitely had a rough time coming off of birth control. My moods are not my own. But after two months, my body seems to be adjusting. I am dedicating the month of December to become an exercise sprint. I'm shooting for ~100 miles by foot or bike still this year. If I could accumulate 230, I would be at 1000 miles traveled for the year.

couponmom85
12-02-2010, 04:03 AM
i would like to join.
i have all kinds of issues being irregular.
i pray if i can drop some of this weight i can have a 2nd baby.
my son is almost 4

i have been trying unsuccesfully for 2+ years and my weight has kept creeping up.

so i hope 2011 is the year!

JMSilver
12-02-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm going to take a shy step in. :)

I'm hoping to conceive in late 2011, though I don't know how it will work out. I have PCOS, but I really don't want to do it any way but naturally. I'm hoping that losing heaps of weight will help counteract what PCOS does.

Ideally, I will get at least to the 170s by my birthday in August and we'll get going putting our mind to it then.

Quail
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm going to take a shy step in. :)

I'm hoping to conceive in late 2011, though I don't know how it will work out. I have PCOS, but I really don't want to do it any way but naturally. I'm hoping that losing heaps of weight will help counteract what PCOS does.

Ideally, I will get at least to the 170s by my birthday in August and we'll get going putting our mind to it then.

Welcome! Good luck to you. I'm still struggling but trying to get committed. :D

Butterfly7
12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
I want this as well. We wanted to try this month actually but I haven't lost any of the weight I wanted to since last spring. I am on track now and hope to get pregnant in the summer of 2011 or whenever I manage to get to around 130-140.

wantabetterme
12-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Hello! I am in the same boat. I am almost 31 and have never had issues with my periods. Every single month, on time, since day 1. All of a sudden no period in February, March, or April. Went to doc, was given pills to 'jumpstart' things as she put it, and was told that I was pre-diabetic. I dropped 20 lbs in 2 months and went back for ck-up. No longer pre-diabetic but after only 2 periods they have stopped again. We were hoping to be pregnant by now but haven't even tried yet because I want all of my health issues out of the way before we start. I would like to lose weight so that I have an easier pregnancy for the baby's sake. At this point, I don't even know if it will be possible for me to get pregnant. I am going push myself to lose 40 lbs (down to 200lbs) and then go back to the doctor if things haven't worked themselves out by then.
I would like to start trying for a baby once I hit 175. I've got a long road ahead of me but my DH and I are so ready to be Mommy and Daddy.
I wish everyone the very best of luck. I know we can do this!!!

JMSilver
12-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Welcome! Good luck to you. I'm still struggling but trying to get committed. :D

Thanks. I'm having a little difficulty because this is the beginning and I'm trying new things, etc, but I keep trying to remind myself that everything (healthwise) I do from here on out is for baby (and me, of course!).

I've spent most of the past few days researching PCOS both offline and online, and I have a few more herbs and vitamins I'm going to add into my diet.

I was going over the ones I want to get with my husband yesterday and mentioned that Co-Enzyme Q10 might be something he could consider taking when the time to start trying gets closer because there is evidence it increases sperm count. He suggested he start taking it right now and I just about died. :) It's so amazing to have him so on board with everything instead of letting me do all the work alone and saying, "she's just clucky".

With both of us losing weight and creating ideal environments, I feel like we really can conceive in the second half of 2011 even with my PCOS.

Quail
12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
It sounds like you really are on a good path! Keep moving forward and stay in touch. I've developed PCOS since my last pregnancy (or maybe I had it before and never had symptoms? I don't know) so I'd love to see how things go with you. We're going to start trying tin September, so you and I are sort of on the same trajectory.

Gale02
12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Haha, I know I said my goal was NOT to get pg in 2011, but that may change. I think if I can get down to my goal weight then we might start trying in late 2011. We'll see. I am going to start sitting 20 hours/week for a baby in April (she'll be about 2 months old), so we'll see how I do with 3. I'll have a toddler, a crawler and a baby... that will be interesting! :)

JMSilver
12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey, junco, how funny would it be if we both got pregnant around the same time? :)

I've just bought a little bit of raspberry leaf tea to try out because I've only heard and read (heaps of) good things about it and balancing out the female system. I'll try to check in with how things are going with the new regime.

Quail
12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Haha, I know I said my goal was NOT to get pg in 2011, but that may change. I think if I can get down to my goal weight then we might start trying in late 2011. We'll see. I am going to start sitting 20 hours/week for a baby in April (she'll be about 2 months old), so we'll see how I do with 3. I'll have a toddler, a crawler and a baby... that will be interesting! :)

How FUN! I hope it turns out well for you! My best friends just had twins. While she is overwhelmed, she's doing okay.

Hey, junco, how funny would it be if we both got pregnant around the same time? :)

I've just bought a little bit of raspberry leaf tea to try out because I've only heard and read (heaps of) good things about it and balancing out the female system. I'll try to check in with how things are going with the new regime.

RRLT is a great uterine toner. I took it before and during my pregnancy and plan on taking it up again soon. I had ovarian surgery fairly recently and am trying to keep things down there as quiet as possible. I'll probably start RRLT in a month or so.

JMSilver
12-13-2010, 05:52 AM
*big hugs* When I was in hospital, I was so scared they would need to do surgery on me. One surgery a year is more than enough for me.

Here's to your speedy recovery.

weighless11
12-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Hello, I just joined and I too am in the same place. I would love to start trying in 2011 but I know I have to get this weight off. Looking for any advice you all have to offer!

sgregg
12-28-2010, 12:42 PM

My cousin's wife has PCOS and she conceived naturally after losing weight. Good luck to you!!! :hug:

sgregg
12-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Weighless11...I started losing weight the summer before last. I was almost 250 lbs...got down to 230 and then found out I was preggo. I had been off BC for about 2 years. I just modified my diet. Got away from fried foods and bad-for-me snacks. I kept up with calories sometimes too. I also stopped drinking a lot of sugary drinks...used splenda or drank diet. You can do it! I was hoping to lose more than what I did so I wouldn't still be considered overweight while preggo, but everything happens for a reason and it couldn't have happened at a better time. :)

Quail
12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Hello, I just joined and I too am in the same place. I would love to start trying in 2011 but I know I have to get this weight off. Looking for any advice you all have to offer!

Hi and welcome! Not much advice here. :D I have chosen to put my pregnancy dreams on hold until the very tail end of 2011 in favor of creating a healthy place for my baby to grow. My goal is to lose enough weight to reduce my risk factors during my next pregnancy. I have a lot of risk factors, so for me, losing weight is the only option.

Best of luck to you!

spike0301
01-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm in as well. We are looking to start in late summer, early fall. So far I've had really healthy periods, never a problem, 28 day cycle to a T, I can even tell when I'm ovulating...soo crossing my fingers it all goes well. But..I need to shed about 25lbs, I'm 25. Will be 26 in March. I'm normally good at weight loss just the older I get the harder it gets. I'm not really happy with my starting weight now, so I'd like to loose it before so that at least I wont get any bigger than what I am now at the end of the prego cycle..Excited I'm not in this boat alone :)

mslynn
01-01-2011, 10:50 PM
good luck!!!

gretel
01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm very frustrated with myself. I lost 3 pounds since 10/10 and gained back four over the holidays. I wasn't in denial that I was gaining again, but I was in denial that I could do anything about it. Being back into a routine will help though. I'm not too upset about it because 2-3 pounds is a normal fluctuation for me and I could be back on track in a couple of days.

Even though I am still 20 pounds from being overweight, we are ttc at the same time as losing weight. I talked to my doctor about it and he told me that I may have to cut back on the exercise and calorie counting if and when I am pregnant. And even though we are trying, I'm still challenging myself to 1,500 miles of exercise in 2011 which will include a 62 mile ride in June. I just won't be disappointed if I can't ride after all ;)

Good luck to everyone in 2011!

Emme
01-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Hello to all! We don't have children yet, and we will be TTC maybe around the summer, and I would love to join this! I would like to lose around 30 pounds before TTC, so that gives me about 5-6 months. I think I can do it, but I know I need to stay accountable! I've started monitoring my calories more closely, and I am going to try really hard to do this. Good luck to everyone :)

pattynelson
01-05-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm not close to trying anytime soon. But still, I would really love to know about a lot of tips regarding the best way to prepare my weight into getting pregnant. That's why I am truly looking forward to any updates this thread may have.

:D

clems mama
01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
This thread describes me. My daughter will be two soon, and I have had so much trouble with my weight since she was born. I had a miscarriage about 5 months ago and am convinced that part of it was my weight etc. In any case, I'm hoping to get pregnant sometime soon and am hoping to be a bit more healthy than I am now when it happens.

keziah23
01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone. My husband and I have started talking about having our first baby (and only as far as I'm concerned) this year. We are both 36 so I said this year needs to be the time or things will start getting dicey. I have been on bc continuously since I was 21, I stopped taking them on the 1st. I plan on making an appointment with my gyn to talk about what I need to do to prepare. I want to lose about 30 pounds prior to getting pregnant so that my bmi is under 30 (so 185 for me).

southernbelle102
01-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I am not trying for 2011 but this is exactly what I am getting healthy for. I would like to start the process of artificial insemination hopefully in 2014. I am single and plan on having a baby on my own so I need to be super healthy so that the treatments work and I can get pregnant.

Good luck to everyone trying in 2011!!!

wantabetterme
01-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I am starting South Beach Diet and starting to exercise today. I'm hoping the pounds start melting off so I can work on becoming a MOMMY!!!

Good luck to everyone!

gretel
01-06-2011, 10:58 AM
@southernbelle102 - Wow, your progress is incredible! Thanks for joining us!

@wantabetterme - Have you tried SBD before? I did it a couple of years ago and had absolutely no energy the first week. Though, by the second week, I was bouncing off the walls. Definitely stick to the diet for the initial two weeks because there's nothing like seeing a large drop on the scale for motivation. Thanks for joining us!

sgregg
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Good luck to everyone!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-07-2011, 02:10 AM
My cousin's wife has PCOS and she conceived naturally after losing weight. Good luck to you!!! :hug:

this is encouraging! Congrats to her. So nice to see so many PCOS ladies in here!

I'm also not trying to get pregnant this year, but hoping to next year in 2012. I want to really focus on getting healthy and having a safe place for the baby to grow and thrive in (thanks JM).

Lots and lots of BABY DUST!

Quail
01-08-2011, 02:52 AM
So great to see everyone on here. Lots of really great goals!

Keep going, everyone! :carrot:

LauraLovesWeims
01-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Figured I'd jump on in here... My husband and I have been talking about this a lot. Our families have been hounding us for years now, even before we got married! We've been telling them that we can't have one until after my sister-in-law's destination wedding... which is now only two weeks away. We both want to get some debt paid down first, though. I don't know when exactly we'll start trying, but I'm pretty sure it will be the first half of this year :o It's a little terrifying and very exciting all at the same time!

I've gotten lots of comments from family members about the weight loss. I think my favorite so far though is my husband's cousin who said "Wow, you're doing so well! And then you're just going to go and get pregnant..." She was "slightly" intoxicated and very loud. Here's to all of us getting pregnant when we want to and still keeping our weights in check!

Quail
01-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Figured I'd jump on in here... My husband and I have been talking about this a lot. Our families have been hounding us for years now, even before we got married! We've been telling them that we can't have one until after my sister-in-law's destination wedding... which is now only two weeks away. We both want to get some debt paid down first, though. I don't know when exactly we'll start trying, but I'm pretty sure it will be the first half of this year :o It's a little terrifying and very exciting all at the same time!

I've gotten lots of comments from family members about the weight loss. I think my favorite so far though is my husband's cousin who said "Wow, you're doing so well! And then you're just going to go and get pregnant..." She was "slightly" intoxicated and very loud. Here's to all of us getting pregnant when we want to and still keeping our weights in check!

You are doing such a GOOD thing for yourself and your baby-to-be by losing weight before getting pregnant. Even if you gain 30 pounds during your pregnancy, you'll still be less than your starting weight! That's awesome.

Family members can be so stupid. Ugh.

Have fun at the wedding! Sounds like you have some big things ahead!! :bb:

keziah23
01-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I stopped taking my bcp on Jan 1 (dec 31 was the last pill I took) and I am losing weight so much fast now that I stopped taking it. I had suspected for some time that it was hampering my weight loss and now my suspicions have been confirmed.

I finally told my mom over the weekend that we were thinking about having a baby. I told her that I wanted to lose another 30lbs first and she said (laughing) "well I can tell you it won't stay off" :D She was good natured about it though.

I have an appointment with my Gyn. today to talk about what else I need to do before we start trying.

IslaAzure
01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
I just had a baby in Aug '10 and gained a god awful 60 pounds. pregnancy hated me! i worked out and watched what i ate but wasn't working out how i used to....i was used to a 1,000 calorie burn during a workout. i became very swollen etc so by the end i was down to aqua aerobics. proud to say that at nearly 2 weeks overdue i did aqua aerobics the day i was induced. needless to say, i still gained an immense amount of weight. now i want to get preggers again this summer and want to get down to at least 170. think its possible? i'm hoping! good luck ladies!

uscarchie
01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I just found this thread and I want to be a part of this group too! I am turning 30 in 2011, and I really want to have my first baby. First step- get healthy. Second step- convince husband that this is indeed a good idea. He's on the fence and scared, I think.

But let's get to a healthy weight first. If I keep up with SBD and www.loseit.com- it's saying June 20th. Anytime after that would be a perfect time to get pregnant. :)

For now- I'm also taking a daily pre-natal vitamin because it's good for baby growing and it's good for hair and nail growing, too. :)

And I'm exercising and learning all I can about babies.

uscarchie
01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Isla- it's possible, but it'll be hard work. Find a plan and stick to it. :) You can do it!

celesteb
01-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Hello ladies! I'm so happy to have found this forum! I'm glad we're all in this together - I felt like the only person in the world who had to lose weight to have a baby! Thanks for the inspiration!

I have 35lbs to lose ASAP since my "ok already, it's time to have a baby" switch has been flipped. I started fresh on January 3rd and have lost 6lbs so far - it's funny what eating properly and working out can do! :D I'm hoping to start TTC in the early spring.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

uscarchie
01-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Celeste, 35 lbs is challenging, but definitely doable! Stick to the plan, eat clean, and exercise, and you'll get there!

treezuk
01-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey could i join , im currently ttc#2 (well once i get a cyst sorted out) so hoped i couild find some people who are trying to to chat to x

lavieboheme73
01-12-2011, 08:35 PM
I'd like to join, too. I most likely won't be TTC until late next year, but having the support of ladies who understand might help!

I have some surgery that I have to get before I can start trying again, and the doc won't even consider it until I'm below 200 lbs. So, as you can see, I have some work to do!

treezuk
01-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Good luck Bo im right there with you i have about as much to lose as you , i had trouble concieving my first but i eventully took clomid ovulated first go and bingo... my son is 2 now of course its better to be slimmer to get pregnant but it can happen at a larger size so never give up hope :) im here to be your bud if you need me !!!

Quail
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Just checking in. So nice to see new faces! I have the flu.. for the first time in a decade. Completely knocked me over... fever, chills, body aches. I have lost six pounds since Monday, just from laying around feeling crappy. Feeling terrible!

I also redid my goals. Went from the weight loss ticker to actual weight goals instead. Somehow, for me that seems more manageable than continually updating my ticker. I still check the scale daily, but I put it within the context of my bigger goals.

IslaAzure
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
carly, how old is your puppy? i have 2 goldens...a 1.5 year old male and a 10 month old female.

uscarchie
01-14-2011, 01:13 PM
There's lots of encouragement in this thread. So far- in two weeks, I'm down 7lbs. The South Beach P1 is working pretty well for me. I'm going on a long run this weekend, and I'll be attending a party tomorrow. I think I'll have to be careful to stay on plan, but I'm bringing a veggie chili with me so I think I'll be satisfied with that.

celesteb
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Ooooh! the dreaded Saturday night party! You're smart to bring food - I always offer to bring veggie trays and other dishes that I've prepared so I know what's in them. Another strategy - I buy munchies that I don't like so I don't have to try too hard to avoid them!

Speaking of avoiding certain foods, (I don't have the will power to just have a little!) I had a victory in the staff room this morning when someone brought boxes and boxes of fresh donuts! I looked at them and actually said to myself out loud (of course I was the only person there!) "Nope, I want a baby much more than I want that tasty snack!" and I walked away. I know it's small, but it's a personal victory since I've never met a donut that I didn't like! :)

uscarchie
01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
You tell those donuts who's boss!

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-14-2011, 06:05 PM
"Nope, I want a baby much more than I want that tasty snack!" and I walked away. I know it's small, but it's a personal victory since I've never met a donut that I didn't like! :)

oooh I love it!! I want to add that line to my repertoire;) LOL.

Hello to all of you ladies!!

I am down 5 lbs in 10 days so I'm happy about that. Like many others I still have a LONG way to go.

There is a thread in the 'chicks up for a challenge' where we are keeping track of our weight loss for baby time, too.

It's so nice to see so many of trying to do this the 'better' way... getting healthy in order to have a healthy environment for the baby. Awesome!

keziah23
01-18-2011, 11:51 AM
So I've gained 3 lbs in the past 3 days, I hope its pre period weight. I have not started my period since I stopped taking my pill on Jan 1. I'd like to get that done with so I can start timing my cycles. Also not so happy about the 3 pounds either.

uscarchie
01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Yay hormones! Just stay on plan and it'll resolve itself. Try drinking more water.

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Hello ladies,

there hasn't been much discussion lately. How is everyone doing with getting healthy to get pregnant?

Gale02
01-24-2011, 12:20 PM
DH and I had another talk yesterday about more kids. We kind of figure that this is a really hard time in life, the hardest our marriage will ever face many people tell us (with small kids in the house), so we're thinking we should just get the baby stage done all at once. I'm hoping to get to my DS#1 PP weight in the next 6 months or so, so we're going to revisit the subject then. That way he'll also be done with graduate school by the time the baby is born (hallelujah!). We'll see. I vacillate between wanting 5 more and being done altogether. :)

celesteb
01-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Ladies!
Just a little update - Here's the update: I lost 4lbs this week, for a 10lb total loss since Jan 3 - whoo hoo! I still have a long way to go but I've been working my butt off!
I'm hoping that in about another 15 we'll officially start trying... Hubby says it's up to me :)
What's new with all of you ladies?

VeggieGurlShay
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
We are trying for a baby. So far everything is looking normal as I start the infertility work ups. I'm 39 years old. My husband is 27. I have 3 children from a previous marriage and we would like to have at least one of our own (twins would be nice LOL get it all done with). I've gained alot of weight since we have gotten married 2 years ago. I gained 50lbs and now my periods seem wonky.

Doctor says keep trying and have these tests. She also said try getting healthier. Stop smoking (did it), take vitamins (doing it), exercise (started it) and lose weight (working on it).

So all i can do is hope the weight comes off and a fertilized egg implants before I have to get into the more involved testing.

keziah23
01-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Hey ladies. I have lost 7lbs since the beginning of the year, I really need to get back to exercising so I can step up the progress. Its been a busy month and I keep having sinus problems that make me have horrible headaches and not want to do anything. Still waiting on Aunt Flo to show up. 25 days since I stopped the pill. I felt like I was having cramps last night but they are gone today.

uscarchie
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
So woo! Down 10 lbs! Feels like a million more to go- but really, I lose 30 more pounds and I'm going to stop the birth control. Then I'm going to keep working out and losing what I can to get down to my goal weight. We'll see what happens. Just keep trucking!

Willow324
01-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi I want to join.
I have PCOS and have been TTC for 2 years, going to a RE for 1yr. We found out my husband has some male infertility. He had surgery in Sept to resolve a varicocle. We were told it takes 3 months for the sperm to show an improvment. He did an analysis 2 weeks ago and it was FANTASITIC. Normal motility and morphology. He did another one yesterday and it was bad again. I dont know whats going on. Im freaking out. Now I have a cyst that needs to get resolved before I can do injections. Im afraid my RE will opt out of further treatment with my husbands crappy sperm.
We cant afford IVF and his ego is too big for donor sperm. Im so frustrated!

VeggieGurlShay
01-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Even though I havent loss any weight yet we are still TTC. I figure why not try while I get healthy. Maybe we'll get lucky and conceive. So it seems like 'try time' rolls around each month. Sometimes I ask myself can I do it again this month. Try and try and try and then wait and wait and wait and then feel that disappointment when my period comes..just hoping this month maybe it wont. But I'll try again anyways this month in fact its 'try" day 1 tonight.

livb528
01-29-2011, 03:00 AM
Veggiegurl, I hope you see a BFP soon!! Getting healthy will be helping for sure! :bb:

I've been working out about 45 min almost every day and the scale has been stuck and I'm nowhere near my period. So frustrating! :mad: We moved up our ttc date to this summer instead of the winter to space our kids a little closer together, so I am really feeling the pressure to at least lose 30 lbs before then. Part of me wonders if breastfeeding has anything to do with it. I know if I don't drink a ton of water every day/ eat enough my body starts holding on to weight. I really have no idea but we'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

JourneytoMe
01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey guys I would love to join! My husband and I will be married two years in June and I'm ready to start having kiddos, he's on the fence about it, but I'm hoping that as the year goes by and sees how much effort I'm putting into getting into shape, he'll get excited and get in shape himself and be ready to have a kiddo! I'm like to get down to 200, before we start trying, which would be the smallest I've ever been in my adult life! However, if we get to September and I'm at 230, then I think I'll start trying then and just hope to continue losing weight until we conceive.
I'm hoping to get back on health insurance in the very near future and will have a yearly checkup with my gyno and see what he thinks as far as weight and conceiving.
What I'm doing right now to make sure I'm ready for baby is exercising regularly, eating smart, and taking a prenatal vitamin!
Very excited to get to know you guys!

VeggieGurlShay
01-30-2011, 04:45 PM
I dont know whats the deal with menstrual cycle and ovulation. My periods have been wonky since we had a miscarriage this summer. I bled from July 27 until Sept 15th. The doc said that it happens and that the uterus is a little enlarged but no reason I should be able to conceive. So I cant really say when I'm ovulating. I had a period at the end of sept. then 32 days then 29, then 26 and now 2 months running I'm at 25 days. So I cant predict when I'm ovulating. I bled for 10 days from start to finish. I usually bleed for 8-10 days. Day 12 I saw mucus changes but I had only stopped bleeding for like a day. Would I ovulate that soon again?

livb528
01-31-2011, 12:48 AM
I dont know whats the deal with menstrual cycle and ovulation. My periods have been wonky since we had a miscarriage this summer. I bled from July 27 until Sept 15th. The doc said that it happens and that the uterus is a little enlarged but no reason I should be able to conceive. So I cant really say when I'm ovulating. I had a period at the end of sept. then 32 days then 29, then 26 and now 2 months running I'm at 25 days. So I cant predict when I'm ovulating. I bled for 10 days from start to finish. I usually bleed for 8-10 days. Day 12 I saw mucus changes but I had only stopped bleeding for like a day. Would I ovulate that soon again?

You *could* be ovulating. Some women can ovulate during their period. That doesn't have a ton to do with it. If you are seeing fertile mucus (egg white) than I would do some BD!!! ;) Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? Or do any type of charting/temping? I use the Fertility Awareness Method and it is wonderful to know Exactly when you're fertile or not. HTH!

Gale02
01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
When DH and I were trying to have our first we just had sex 3-4x a week every week. Took 2 months. That way I didn't have to think about those 3 magic days, having sex every other day we were bound to hit one. :)

uscarchie
02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
So, wooo hooo! Down 10 lbs! Hoping for another 10 lbs in February, but would be happy with 6 lbs. Just keep going everyone! I'm still looking at June to TTC, but I am wondering if ditching the BCP will be more helpful to the weight loss. I use nuvaring. Hmmm. Must think about this.

Willow324
02-02-2011, 06:25 PM
usc- sounds like you are doing just fine with it! Id remove it in April/May... I know for some people, they are most fertile the first 2 months after getting off BCP. BTW, LOVED the nuvaring!!!

Quail
02-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Hi everyone!

Just checking in. My weight loss has stalled terribly-- I ended up with pneumonia and was sick for 3 weeks. I'm only now feeling better to the point where I can do physical activity beyond walking down the hallway. Looking forward to running tomorrow. And I'm about to start my period and seem to be eating EVERYTHING in sight.

On the bright side, I scheduled a preconception appointment with a very well known specialist (I'm at very high risk for developing preeclampsia with my next pregnancy and will need lots of special care). I'm seeing him in June and hope to have a green light to get pregnant in September, as long as my weight loss is on track. It was a big step and I'm excited about it.

BubaMarra
02-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi all!
I am jumping on TTC train. We are trying for baby #2. I weigh 142 lb and am 10 lbs away from my goal weight, but I decided to start trying nevertheless and lose the weight along the way. As I mentioned elsewhere, I have been trying to lose the last 15lbs or so for the last 12 months. In ideal world I would get to my goal weight first and then fall pregnant. But as it played out for me, I just couldn't lose that last bit of weight, I believe due to breastfeeding.
So 12 months fast forward, here I am trying to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time.
Hope soon we will all reach are goals, both babies and weight that we will be happy with :)

One question ladies - is there a particular diet plan that you are following? I try to watch my bad carbs and plan to stick to Montignac plan as soon as pregnancy is confirmed. Montignac is basically food combining plan, with bad carbs like white sugar and flour kicked out. Lots of fruits, veggies, low fat diary and healthy meat. Calories are not restricted, but no pigging out, of course. I find it quite balanced.

livb528
02-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi all!
I am jumping on TTC train. We are trying for baby #2. I weigh 142 lb and am 10 lbs away from my goal weight, but I decided to start trying nevertheless and lose the weight along the way. As I mentioned elsewhere, I have been trying to lose the last 15lbs or so for the last 12 months. In ideal world I would get to my goal weight first and then fall pregnant. But as it played out for me, I just couldn't lose that last bit of weight, I believe due to breastfeeding.
So 12 months fast forward, here I am trying to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time.
Hope soon we will all reach are goals, both babies and weight that we will be happy with :)

One question ladies - is there a particular diet plan that you are following? I try to watch my bad carbs and plan to stick to Montignac plan as soon as pregnancy is confirmed. Montignac is basically food combining plan, with bad carbs like white sugar and flour kicked out. Lots of fruits, veggies, low fat diary and healthy meat. Calories are not restricted, but no pigging out, of course. I find it quite balanced.

BubaMarra: I am not following one specific plan but it sounds similar to what you're doing. I am a low carb-esque person myself. It's pretty much the only way I can lose weight and plus I just feel so good on it without all the blood sugar swings. I am also breastfeeding and do not want my supply to go down so right now I am trying to eat 2 out of 3 meals as no carb per day and then (if I want to) having some carbs at dinner. Otherwise, fruit, vegetables, dairy, and meats, etc. Pretty much I just try to focus on whole foods.

Weight loss is slow and I think breastfeeding has something to do with it. I feel dehydrated a lot and I know I'm not drinking enough water. (although it's something I strive for everyday) It's frustratingly slow as I would ideally like to ttc in June/ July but at least the scale is going down. 229.0 this morning!

sacha
02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi girls I am somewhat new :) I am a maintainer, currently at 132lbs. Had my son on June 8 2010 and looking to start trying for #2 since.. last week! So we'll see :) My main goal is to not gain so much this pregnancy, I gained almost twice the recommended amount by eating for 2, literally! Luckily I can't go out to restaurants nightly when I've already got a baby at home.

Gale02
02-05-2011, 03:10 PM
You are an awesome, brave woman, Sacha! I refuse to contemplate another one until my second is a year old. We're talking, but nothing is going to happen before that 1 year mark. My first two are 21 months apart. It's a great age gap, but much less than that would have been really hard for me. On the other hand, I have a friend who has kids 14 months apart and she LOVES it! My DH and his sister are 10.5 months apart and his mom is none the worse for it. :)

Good luck, here's hoping you get a BFP soon!

VeggieGurlShay
02-06-2011, 10:53 PM
My cousin had her baby today. She is 41. I want to share it with you because it encouraged me. She wrote:

"...she came two weeks early by way of induction. Weighing in at 6lbs6ozs and 19 3/4 inches, she is such a blessing and a great surprise. We have a club here every member of the club gave birth after the age of 40 (only 4 members so far). What worked for three of us is a known secret, we all lost a lot of weight. I lost 60 lbs, and to my surprise I got pregnant. My doctor explained to me that my body believed it was young again and produced eggs like a 20 year old. He said it was common for conception with a major weight loss. I went to a weight loss specialist to loose the weight. I went down to a size 8, and now I gotta do it all again. I must say I enjoyed being that size again, being able to buy the cute clothes. Don't give up you and ..... will make wonderful parents, and you know God answers prayers! Don't give up and I will send you the name of all the medications I was taking to loose the weight plus I exercised a lot, I mean a lot which was rough, but you can do it, I know you can! Come on and join our club, you will be the first Canadian member. Also this time you will be more patient and appreciable of the gift of children.

Don't you dare give up! And every time someone says something negative, cast it down!

I love you, and being a new mom at 41 is great, I can't wait until you join me and you will understand what I mean!

PS, she was born with teeth.

skygirl
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I want to be part of this thread too. :) I love all the inspiration and hope here! :hug:

sacha
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
You are an awesome, brave woman, Sacha! I refuse to contemplate another one until my second is a year old. We're talking, but nothing is going to happen before that 1 year mark. My first two are 21 months apart. It's a great age gap, but much less than that would have been really hard for me. On the other hand, I have a friend who has kids 14 months apart and she LOVES it! My DH and his sister are 10.5 months apart and his mom is none the worse for it. :)

Good luck, here's hoping you get a BFP soon!

Thank you ;) :hug: We are 27 + 32, and would like to have quite a few children (3) so we gotta get a move on because I don't want to have any more past 30-32!

Gale02
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank you ;) :hug: We are 27 + 32, and would like to have quite a few children (3) so we gotta get a move on because I don't want to have any more past 30-32!

We want to have a bunch of kids (probably 5 or 6), but we both want DH to be done with grad school before another one is born. He'll be done next July, so we'll start thinking about it around the beginning of 2012 or the end of 2011. I'm good with around a 2 year age gap, it's been really nice so far with the two I have. I'm going to get a crash course on having 3 here before too long. My good friend is due in a couple of weeks and I'll be watching her daughter about 20 hours per week starting in April. That'll be a good test! :)

sacha
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Oh, I can imagine wanting grad school out of the way!! I was in first trimester taking a language class after my degree and even that was enough, LOL, let alone having a newborn in the home while trying to do grad school!!!

LauraLovesWeims
02-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi Ladies,
I haven't posted here in a while... We've passed up one of the major obstacles before getting pregnant, my sister-in-law's destination wedding. It's kind of strange to not have a reason to wait anymore, other than paying for another person. :) Right now, we're talking about starting in late June. It's exciting and terrifying at the same time! I'm hoping I can get to goal before then.

On a side note, my father-in-law called this morning to let us know that if we conceived today, his grandchild would be born on 11/11/11. Subtle!

runningfromfat
03-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I'm going to be joining you guys here. I want to get to a healthy BMI before we try again for #2 (we actually had a surprise pregnancy that just ended in miscarriage :( ).

I still have 39lbs to go so I'm trying to figure out how long that will take. We also just moved and have new insurance so we can't try right away anyways. We're trying to figure out between DH and myself both losing weight (he actually has about 60-70lbs to loose) and the time period before I can get pregnant when it comes to work/insurance. It could be somewhere between 3-10 months! :?:

Britt83
03-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I am going to try for baby number 2 soon. Our little girl is only 3 months old...i am still 15 pound above pre-pregnancy weight.
would love to get down to 220 (my previous pre-preggos weight) before conceiving again.
The scale hasn't been moving much lately, i just stopped BFing so that is not helping.
I hope this goal will help me stay focused on my plan!

SKB
03-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Hello All - I am new to this but so glad I found this thread! We really want to start a family soon but I am concerned about my weight (5'4" 177lbs) - I have been trying to lose weight before we start TTC but it is not going very well at all!! Everything you read says I am overweight for my height and it is not healthy to get pregnant but I don't want to keep waiting and waiting to lose the weight and get to my "ideal" weight....I know it would help to lose some weight but I really want to start TTC in July.....any advise????? I would appreciate any tips you all can share....

gretel
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM
SKB - Welcome to our group!

It has been a long while since I've chimed in, and I have to confess that my weight loss plans are on hold. I'm 13 weeks along and my new plan is to gain only 15 pounds while pregnant, with full doctor support. The day I tested positive was the day I saw 193 on the scale, my recent low weight. So far in the first trimester, I've gained ~3 pounds, but I'm still seeing 2 pound swings daily. I thought I would have more time to lose weight while TTC, but such is not that case! Right now, I'm waiting for the mythical energy boost of the second trimester to become more active again.

Best of luck to all of you hopefuls and continued success for everyone on this journey.

Emme
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Congrats to you, Gretel!! :cheer: I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!! :hug:

StellaMichelle
03-31-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi, I'm brand new here too! I hope I can join you! We're between medicated cycles (Follistim), and waiting until July at the earliest to start again. TTC is so stressful for me because of my fertility issues that I needed a break and I'm hoping to get very healthy before starting another cycle. I just want to be pregnant before my birthday, luckily that gives me plenty of time to take care of myself before seriously TTC again.

uscarchie
04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
So far since Jan. 1st I'm down 22 lbs. I need to go another 20 lbs and I'll be ready to start. I'm anxious to start trying to conceive. I am so ready!

runningfromfat
04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
So far since Jan. 1st I'm down 22 lbs. I need to go another 20 lbs and I'll be ready to start. I'm anxious to start trying to conceive. I am so ready!

Congrats! I hear you on the anxious part. I'm 6lbs away from being overweight and 36lbs away from being healthy (when we'll start to TTC). I'm going a little nuts waiting for the weight to come off because it's going S-L-O-W-L-Y. :yawn:

FallingUp
04-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey ladies! I am "new" here. I used 3FC a while back and had great sucess and then things got stressfull and I started making excuses for everything and fell off the wagon. I am so happy to have found this group, my husband and I have been trying for about a year now with no luck. We have started testing and it's added stress to the already difficult situation. I would love to lose around 30lbs and in hopes of it helping our journey, I know it can't hurt!!! I hope everyone gets there positive soon :)

SummerLeah
04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and have only been this for a little over two weeks now, but I've lost about 10 pounds.

My husband and I want to start trying this fall or maybe early 2012. I met with my doctor yesterday and she really wants me to lose 30 pounds before I get pregnant. I feel a lot of pressure to have a baby since I'll be 35 this year and now I need to lose at least 30 pounds, too!

Emme
04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
'Morning, everyone! I haven't been here in a while...I hope everyone is doing well. SummerLeah, congrats on your 10 pound loss already! FallingUp ~ good luck to you!

My DH and I talked last night and instead of waiting until December for TTC, we are going to start in October. I might even try to get him to consider September! I've got to kick the rest of my weight loss in the butt. I have 14 more pounds until I'm at my pre-pregnancy goal weight (it's when the BMI calculators say that I'm in the "normal" category), so I'm feeling the pressure now!! But in a good way! LOL!! :)