South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chick Chat

Good morning! I can't tell what kind of a day it's going to be, as it's still pitch dark out, but we're finally supposed to see the sun today after a very rainy week.
I have a dr. appt. for my yearly exam this morning, and I hope I get out of there in time to get to the farm and do a quick tidying before Cindy gets home at noon. I know the girls are very excited and were going to make a "welcome home" banner with their grandparents last night.
I want to stop over at my son's after I get off this evening, as Amber's girl scout troop is having a fund-raiser. I just wish they'd sell other than candy and cookies. Jake enjoys them, though.

My coffee is especially tasty today. Anyone want to join me in a cup?
Old 10-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cottage - I'm always happy to join you in a cup What are we drinking this morning? Hope the sun shows up today.

I made it through the craziest part of the crazy week. I'm off to my parents this weekend and suspect there will be lots of catching up on sleep.

Today and tomorrow I'm at the old job. It's my last official time there though I will be contracting 8-12 hours until new people are hired and trained. This morning they are having a party for me and the day will end with a much needed massage. It's just what I need

How is your Thursday shaping up?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cyndi! It's just good old Maxwell House Breakfast Blend this morning, but it's pretty good. It was faster and easier to put on a pot today, rather than fire up the expresso machine. I'm glad the tedious part of your week is over and you made it through to the other side. Today sounds like fun!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Me, Linda! I need to start the pot although I've been poking around for a half hour now. I was reading the interesting post from Natasha on yesterday's thread.

Cute that the girls made a banner! I'll bet you're as glad to see Cindy as they are. Geez, put me on the list of wishing kids sold something else other than food....

Hi, Cyndi! Glad you made it through the worst part of the week. Have fun at your party today and especially enjoy your massage later. You've earned it!

I'm determined to leave here by 6 am which gets me over the river and through the woods to....the pool by 9 for exercise and socialization. It's more of a chore when Kirk isn't here-loading the dogs (Rudi needs a lift) getting everything locked up-and my bike put on.

See you from the other side of the mountain!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Linda, I have the same frustration with fundraisers - my youth group kids and former students are always raising money for something, and I like to support them - but lately it's always candy and junk food here, too. *sigh* I buy it anyway and put it in the teachers' room or use the candy bars as prizes for youth group games, but some days it's pretty hard not to tear into those packages myself.

Cyndi, it sounds like you've got a nice day ahead. Enjoy your party and the massage!

I'm at my mom's this morning. The hospice memorial service last night was very nice, but difficult in a lot of ways, too. The folks who helped us with my Dad were all so caring and kind and I'm so thankful to each and every one, but seeing so many of them last night brought back some hard memories of those last days. I'm glad we went, but glad to have this one behind us.

My mom has a few things she has to do this morning and then we'll head to Maine after lunch. The plan is to stop in Kittery and check out the outlets. I haven't been there in years, we always just scoot over to North Conway, NH because it's so much closer. I don't NEED a single thing, but I think I've traded my old addiction to chocolate and junkfood for a new addiction - clothes shopping. Luckily, I'm a cheapskate or this could be a real problem.

Enjoy your Thursday my friends!

Hi Debbie! I'm a slowpoke poster.... you sneaked in while I was typing. Drive safely and enjoy your time at the pool!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-07-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Debbie "sneaked in" :D
Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - safe travels. See you on the other side

Heidi
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Chickies!

Cottage- I wish I would have remembered Brian when the little neighborhood boys came by with the chocolate last night! I bought something I would eat and he probably won't! Why oh why?! I ended up putting it in the fridge under some misc stuff so it wouldn't be staring me in the face. Stupid caramel chocolate! I will resist!
Hope your dr appt goes well!

Cyndi- Hoping you have a good day, completely anti-awkward party, and a fabulous massage! Girl you deserve it!

Debbie- your day sounds great to me... I would like to go to another side of the mountain today too!

Heidi- Splurge and buy yourself something nice! I won't say shopping is a healthy habit but much better than the junk food one! and one that you should be proud to have now!!!

Natasha- Here in TN I got it at Krogers(on sale for 4.99 this week), but they also sell it at Publix and even Walmart... at Krogers its in the health food section but the others its in the frozen pizza aisle.

Well, I didn't get up at 6 as I had hoped but I didn't get to bed till about one so I am not too upset, I did get up at 7, and thats a big improvement from eight or nine... Im not planning my day out so much because seems when I do I get overwhelmed. I did get about 8 batches of pressure cooker beans and rice done yesterday... whew, thats a bit of a chore but I know its worth it I feel like I am feeling a bit better about my control over eating, not much but a little. I am so unsure what it is but I just couldn't stop eating a couple days ago! So frustrating, I felt helpless about it(which is rediculous) but there wasn't even the slightest of sparks in my brain that told me I could do it... Well, the flame has been lit and I am trying to fan it as much as I can and today I WILL NOT eat more than 1400 calories!!! I am beginning to get excited about going back to work just so I can use the gym again. OK, I wrote a novel I will chat at ya'll later! Thanks for listening

Last edited by rdw1; 10-07-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies! Coffee is in hand - well, next to me since laptop in in hand. Last March on a girlfriend shopping getaway weekend I found a Keurig on clearance for $45. I can't remember the last time I had been so happy shopping! I have my Caribou every day now. Mmmmmm.

Crappy night in sports-land in my house with the Yankee's taking game 1 from the Twins. Boo. Laundry 90% done, kitchen 10% done, so 100% success, right? The high-note of yesterday was my husband getting a nice little salary increase!

Kids have been up since 6, and the house already looks like a toy tornado has hit it. Typical day in my world.

I'm enjoying reading the blips of your lives and getting to know you! Wishing a great and beachy day for you all!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Splurge on a spa day Heidi! I just had fish & stew, yum! Have a nice day everyone!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #10  
Be happy.

I could probably talk my mom into a spa day on Saturday, but not today. She's got her heart set on checking out those outlets!

(She may NEED a spa day on Saturday, she's planning to spend the day helping in my classroom tomorrow. )
Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! All this coffee talk makes me think of my niece and her husband who are among our weekend guests. I sent them an email to see what kind I should buy for them since we don't have any. They sent back the most specific request about having the bean ground that morning from Starbucks, yada yada. She used to be a barista! But they also said they can just go out and get theirs. Phew.

I started cleaning finally. More to do today. Bike ride first though. And I am trying to make applesauce in the crockpot instead of on the stove. First guest due sometime unknown tomorrow.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Moo. So everyone ready for a shocker? I'm hypoglycemic. Hazzah! Soooo that being said, I think Christopher FINALLY is going to help me with the eating right thing instead of being like "why can't you just eat like us?" After explaining the glycemic index to him a bit (until he bled from the ears, drooled, and completely glazed over) and showing him that we really don't have to change THAT MUCH and it truly IS necessary for me to eat more than twice a day like he does, we're going to make little changes until we get to where we need to be.

We have a ton of white rice that will need eaten up, white pasta, etc, but when those things run out, we're going to replace them with whole grains. I have been eating better overall and have been feeling pretty good for the most part.

Anyhoozle just thought I'd pop in and say hi, and that it's actually medically NECESSARY that I eat better sooooo....... yep. Here I am. Hi. How's it going?

Gotta get back to work. Hope you all are doing well!

Lisa
Old 10-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Today Work wise Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinks!
Weez I am too It's wacky
Old 10-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #14  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Afternoon ladies!

Is it just me, or is today taking FOREVER!?!?! Maybe its because I am taking a vacation day tomorrow to prepare for my Canadian Thanksgiving dinner party on Saturday. I'm kind of looking forward to the quiet prep time, and even the cleaning! (Wow I must really not want to be at work!) Lots to do, its a dinner for 15, so I need to be super organized this year or I'm going to end up having my cheese slip off my (whole grain) cracker!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I made it over and went to my water class, but boy am I tired. I left this morning a half hour later than I had planned because I STILL had canning jars outside the back door. I emptied the ones that would open and had to haul the others down to the basement-I don't want those to freeze in my back yard. I napped this afternoon and am going to make a super duper smoothie pick me upper real soon.

Heidi, hope your shopping was fun. I was thinking about you yesterday, knowing the memorial would be hard.

Rikki, I forgot to tell you-I bought a lot at Penneys (the rods were $90) and I took a deep breath when all was totalled...since I also bought the vitamix AND a ski pass this month. I ended up at Bed/Bath/Beyond and found valances that would look alright for$3.99 reg. $40. Great since I needed 5. I used the Penneys sheers with them and will take everything else back. I just decided to make my old Traverse rods work.

Kierie, I'd send you a bay window pic if I were any good at that. Hope your work improved!

SusanMay, score on the Keurig! I love Caribou coffee, too. It reminds me of Alaska. Nice that your hubby got a raise!

Okie, hi! Are you moving on despite your horoscope? Hope so!

Karen, I never realized until today that you aren't a coffee drinker. My Sis isn't either and says people act like she's from another planet sometimes. Hope your house is clean by now.

Lisa, welcome back. I'm glad that Christopher is finally understanding the why of it. I hope that makes it easier for your to follow a plan.

chubbybunny, yay it should be vacation by now!

Ok, I made the smoothie and it was really good! I'm hoping for some energy to make it through the night.
Closed Thread