Old 10-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #1  

Default Liver Enzymes High

Hi Everybody
I went on the Ideal Protein Diet on May 1 2010 weighed 210 now 167 5'11 and I’m about to start phase 4. I try to check in to see how every body’s doing. I don’t post any blogs I just read them. I got my blood work back and every thing is ok. My thyroid went down. But they say my liver enzymes are little high they will test it again in 2 weeks.

Did any body else have problems with their liver enzymes? If so what can I do to lower my enzymes??
HARLEY09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #2  
miamimelting

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Yes, I've had high enzymes since I started the HMR-800 shake fast as well. It could mean your body is processing fat at a high rate which is a good thing. But the poor liver is working hard! You might not be getting in enough calories. I had to have more shakes and increase my water. They went down a little but not that much. Doc said sometimes they will go up and sometimes not....and not to get too upset about it.
miamimelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

The high liver enzymes are just a reflection of the process your body was in during the diet. If the doctor is watching you, you are fine. If you are going on to phase 4 then you will likely see a change in the next blood work. Keep an eye on it but, it is common and it is something that reverses as you move into maintenance.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #4  

Thank You. My blood work is back to normal.
HARLEY 09
HARLEY09 is offline   Reply With Quote