Other Reduced Carb Diets - Dukan diet?

View Full Version : Dukan diet?

Vbevens
10-06-2010, 01:05 AM
I just started the Dukan diet and I am looking for anyone who might be doing it as well.

suzyjb
10-08-2010, 04:40 AM
I just did the attack phase, where are you up to with it? I have to be honest, I did it for three days and had to stop, I was feeling really really ill and couldnt face another protien only meal. I also considered going on to phase two and doing the alternating days with veges every other day, but it was just too much for me, I missed my veg and fruit! So I am back to Slimming World now, and just planning on being hyper vigilant.... I did lose 1 kilo in the three days, only it was all in the first day, the second two days I didnt lose anything even though I was sticking really strictly to the diet. I would love to know how you do on it and how you cope with the protien levels!

I just made a couple of posts on my blog about my experience with it if youre interested!
Good luck :-)

Suzy

patns
10-21-2010, 11:37 PM
i have been doing it sice the 1st of October and I am done 7 pounds. I am not finding it hard.

bleujean
02-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I did the Attack Phase for 8 days and was unimpressed. In addition to being bored, constipated, and having no energy, I only lost 6 pounds, which I immediately gained back when I had half a piece of whole wheat toast on day nine. Not worth the effort or the drama!

I am doing the Slow Carb diet and love it. It's in 'The Four Hour Body' by Tim Ferriss. Less strict than Dukan, and I lost 5 pounds this week, aaaaand you get a cheat day (didn't gain anything from cheat day, either!) Highly recommend it.

Jalsa
02-24-2011, 01:57 AM
I am on day 5 of the attack phase, I don't find it difficult and will try and keep on this phase for 10 days - lost four pounds so far. One thing that is very important is that I don't feel hungry, which helps stop me bingeing. I am tired but this maybe due to other factors as well

saycindy
03-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Just started Attach Phase today. I am a big believer in the Paleo Diet so it is an easy transition for me. I drink tons of water and every morning the scale is a great motivator. I'll post my progress!
I highly suggest Robb Wolf's book The Paleo Solution for anyway who is interested in low carb.

Colbysmimi
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I have been on Ideal Protein diet for three and half weeks now and lost a total of 8 lbs. but I am out the door to purchase this Dukan diet book. I am thinking about switching over to this diet. Any comments or suggestions?

DaiseeDay
05-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Hmm I'm starting tomorrow, I am going to listen to my body and see how I feel, if I start feeling bad I'm going to switch to another low-carb diet.

My long-term plan is to do the dukan diet plan for four months (until I reach stabilization phase) then join weight watchers again, but still keep to the guidelines during stabilization. After stabilization phase I'm going to stick to low carbs while on weight watchers for maintenance - rather than the eating whatever I want 6 days a week and 1 day of protein thing.

Basically I want to see if the weight loss can be maintained with a regular calorie counting/low carb/healthy diet.

Porthardygurl
05-14-2011, 06:27 PM
im planning on starting this on tuesday...im going to be on the attack phase for at least 10 days as i have a lot to lose..anyone else experiencing success

BettyBooty
05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I am going to start this next week. I love meat and eggs, and am hoping it isn't too hard.

My son is almost 7 months, and I feel so tired and unmotivated thse days. According to the Dukan calculator, I'll be almost at my ideal weight around sonny's birthdya if I stick iwth this diet, and that will be 17 pounds less than on my wedding day.

Porthardygurl
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Hey Betty, I know how you feel.. im still carrying my post baby weight too..my daughter is 10 months now :( i cant believe i havent done anything yet to help myself.. i feel so sluggish and tired these days.. what day next week? i start this friday..

April Snow
05-22-2011, 06:33 PM
I just started Dukan today, glad to find some others on this program!

Porthardygurl
05-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know if this souvlaki would be okay on the attack phase? One kabob has:

130 calories
0grams of sugar
2 grams of carb
12 grams of protein
fat???

Does this sound okay?

April Snow
05-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know if this souvlaki would be okay on the attack phase?

You are not supposed to have lamb during Attack since it's high fat, but if it's pork or chicken souvlaki, it's probably ok.

Porthardygurl
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Yah its pork tenderloin kabobs...but someone else told me its too high in fat?

April Snow
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I don't have the book with me to check, but pork tenderloin is not really that high fat - pork tenderloin is comparable to chicken breast.

Personally, I'd say that as long as you stay away from the sauces and bread along with it, it should be ok.

poptart627
05-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I am also on Dukan, on Phase 2 now. Had 3 days of attack phase and fell off the wagon a little on Friday, but better now. Also having some constipation problems. And need to work in some exercise somewhere. Glad to find others on it too.

Porthardygurl
05-25-2011, 02:41 AM
ok..finally starting today!! so nervous...fearfull..anxious...wahhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhh hh...okay.. i think i feel a little better

April Snow
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm on Day 4 - so far, so good! I'm waiting for a full week of Attack before an official WI but I couldn't resist and checked this morning and am seeing downward movement on the scale!

Porthardygurl
05-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Yay! so happy for you April..im supposed to start today but i realized "i dont have oatbran.. i forgot to buy some yesterday" and my fridge is stocked with my favorite ice cream and all the bad things that i shoudnt have ngand im staaaaaaarving right now...and i have less that 20 minutes to get me and my kid down to our appointment..I wonder if i should just throw everything out and start tommorow when i have my oatbran readily available and im set up for success?

April Snow
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks Porthardygurl!!

I would wait until you have the oat bran to start - aside from the fact that Dukan says it's a major component of the diet, I found that it really filled me up and I also didn't get that same icky sick feelings I get when I've tried other low carb plans.

I recommend making what he calls a "gallette" - which is really a pancake. Beat up one egg, add in about 1 tsp of ff yogurt and then beat in 1.5 TBS of oat bran. I add a pack of splenda and cinnamon. I cook it for about 3 minutes on each side in a little fry pan with a spray of Pam. They are really good and for me, knowing that I am starting the day on plan like that helps keep me going for the whole day.

Porthardygurl
05-26-2011, 02:44 AM
mmm sounds good.. I went out and bought my oat bran today and i am eating the last of the ben and jerrys as we speak..as of midnight..no more of anything except eating on plan...how many days are you on now april? hows your success so far?

April Snow
05-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I am on Day 5 today. I think it's going very well in terms of being able to stay on play very easily. I am looking forward to moving into the Cruise phase and getting to add in veggies for some variety but I'm not having any cravings or anything. I've even made it through a couple of work parties and was able to easily resist those treats, plus the stuff I have around the house for my kid (almost 7 year old).

I think a major, major thing is that you never have to let yourself get hungry. Any time you are hungry, you can eat, as long as it's on the allowed food list.

Porthardygurl
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Yah..im on day 1 and ive made the chocolat creme out of the book...interested to try it..and made some kool-aid geletine out of splenda and knox jello packets.. So..hopefully it will help me get through the ect? cravings..have you weighed yourself yet? I weighed myself at the start of the day and asked my hunny to take away my scale for a week so i dont weigh myself and get discouraged..but it sucks cause TOM is looming around the corner..which means water gain...boo !

April Snow
05-27-2011, 08:17 AM
good for you, Porthardygurl!!

I did go ahead and weigh today, too curious! I'm down over 3 lbs, which is great but not necessarily as dramatic as the first week I thinking i might have. 2 more days to go to finish up this week, though, so we'll see what happens!

I had some sugar free jello yesterday too - it is nice to have that option for when you really want something sweet, although that was actually the first time I had wanted some since I started.

Porthardygurl
05-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Well that sucks..neither desserts worked out..my geletine didnt set and my chocolate creme didnt set either..so boo to that!

April Snow
05-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Sorry the desserts didn't work, Porthardygurl!

I posted on the other thread that I'm down 5.2 for the week with one more day to go. So hang in there, I am sure you will have an amazing first week!

emborrego
06-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Hello! I am new to the forum and I am looking for others who are on the diet as well. Its the morning of the third day and I couldnt resist weighing myself. I am down 5lbs :carrot: but i know its all water weight because I run to the bathroom ever half hour :^:

Having trouble keeping things tasty... anyone have any ideas for a sauce to go with extra lean pork tenderloin, ground sirloin, or chicken breast? Lately I have been doing a mix of fat free sour cream and Dijon mustard with various spices thrown in. Its pretty good but getting old fast.

yossarianlives
06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm going for a change in eating, and am following Dukan as of tomorrow! :D Got my oatbran and meat ready hah

Hope everyone is keeping well!

April Snow
06-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Hello emborrego and yossarianlives!!

I've been on Dukan for 3 weeks and am loving it. I find it super easy to follow and I haven't been tempted to go off plan at all. For me, the biggest thing is drinking TONS of water and making sure I always have on plan food available and I never let myself get hungry.

emborrego, that's fantastic that you are down 5 lbs already, wow!! I don't tend to use a lot of sauces even when I'm not on a diet but I do use greek yogurt a lot, with various spices added into that. I love making a fake tzatziki with greek yogurt, a little bit of cucumber (allowed as a condiment) and lots of garlic and a little salt and pepper. It makes a yummy sauce (cold) that I have with salmon or grilled chicken.

Allimac1
06-15-2011, 11:25 AM
You are all doing so well and a great inspiration :carrot:

I only started the attack phase yesterday and it went really well and so far so good today. I made the Vietnamese Beef yesterday and it was absolutely gorgeous. I marinated some striploin beef in a couple of tablespoons of soya sauce and oyster sauce, some grated ginger and crushed garlic and fried it in a dry pan .... :dizzy:

Good luck Dukaners!!

jayohwhy
06-15-2011, 06:02 PM
hi everyone! i'm starting the attack phase tonight and tomorrow-- i'm going on a cruise soon so im going to just try to eat small portions but enjoy myself on our vacation-- then i'm back to attacking. i'm really excited.

*edit*- i'm also going to track my food on vacation and do you guys think its crazy to bring a scale with me?

April Snow
06-15-2011, 11:11 PM
hello allimac and jayowhy!!

Great to see more Dukaners!!

jayowhy, I wouldn't bring a scale, just try to not go crazy and then start for real when you get back. Starting ANY diet on vacation is just going to leave you frustrated and this one is pretty strict and will be a lot easier to really take advantage of when you are home and can have all the right stuff in place for success!

yossarianlives
06-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Jayohwhy: I would leave the scale! Just stick to your plan and imagine what you could weigh in as when you get back :D

Yesterday was a bit of a downer. It started off pretty bad--I had gained 3lbs on day 2 of attack?! Surely not! So, I traced back the steps and decided it must have been some sort of reaction to salt in something I had eaten... I couldn't weigh in on the first day to get an official 'start' weight as I was in hospital, so I did not need to see +3lbs--not cool! Anyway, super stuck to plan and am down 5lbs from yesterday, so 2lbs officially, and no longer cursing Dr. Dukan's name!

Had super yummy haddock in milk sauce last night, too. :D

It was day two of attack that the sugar hit was taking it's toll--I was really constantly thinking about a can of Coca Cola all the time, but I resisted!

Hope everyone else is doing well! :D

April Snow
06-16-2011, 07:46 AM
yossarian - check with your doctors, but if you are allowed, you could try taking magnesium and potassium. I had read about it on some Atkins forums about getting through the first couple of weeks on Atkins induction, which is similar to Attack. I have been using it and it seems to have made a big difference for me in terms of both sugar cravings and also, not getting that "induction flu" from eliminating carbs so dramatically.

willowtree17
06-16-2011, 03:05 PM
I started doing the dukan diet around on may 18th, so i have been doing it for roughly a month and have lost about 18 lbs which is pretty amazing. This diet is really restrictive but that is what I like about it, I know that I cannot eat these certain things but the ones I can I can eat (mostly) unlimited. Although the amount I eat has DRASTICALLY declined since the beginning, and the biggest shocker is I have not cheated once. Glad to see there are some other people doing this

yossarianlives
06-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm devastated as I'm now at TOM so am now not going to weigh in until Monday-ish. Good motivation I guess! Explains my crazy weights the last few days though phew

Allimac1
06-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Hi yossarianlives, I am at TOM as well and on day 3 ... was down 4 lbs yesterday but scales didn't move this morning ... I know I shouldn't weigh every day but I am obsessed!!!

How are you finding this diet? I am doing ok on it ... just need to be really organised. I am going away for the weekend and I am a bit nervous about it .... not sure if I will stick with Attack or move into PV just to give myself more options .... alcohol could be an issue too but I will be strong and resist!!!!

O2Bayummymummy
06-17-2011, 04:30 AM
Hi Guys - I am at day 19 of diet, so nearing my 2nd week of cruise. I have been finding it OK to resist temptation (although I did have one of my daughters super tiny choc chip biscuits the other day). I think all that protein helps to keep me full.
I really like it that I don't have to count calories or record what I'm eating or anything. Just don't stray from the recommended foods.

I have missed a few walks though - I've been working late and it's winter, so dark when I leave and when I get home. Just keep trying though......

You guys are doing so well, it's inspirational.

yossarianlives
06-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm on day 7 of Attack--can't believe it! I'm meant to stop today, but I indulged a bit last night at a friends 21st birthday (nowhere near as bad indulging asi used to so not a complete disaster!) so I'm going to stick in attack for tomorrow and start Cruise on Tues :D

I'm feeling amazing! A lady at my work says "oat bran obviously suits you" lol! I haven't weighed in yet (TOM) so I am really excited, but might make myself wait until a week tomorrow... Who knows.

yossarianlives
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Allimac, I know what you mean about the organisation! Just need to make sure you have the food... I keep having to go to the shops for one or two things lol

Yummymummy, I love that it's not calorie counting anymore! But it took me a few days to get my portion sizes regulated... That used to obviously only taking a bit of meat before and now solely living off it!

Allimac1
06-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Went to see Take That on Saturday night and had my cooler bag for the trip with yoghurts, chicken etc. and managed fine on Saturday until Saturday night ..... had some wine and then some beer and a bad breakfast on Sunday but back on track after that. Didn't weigh myself and feel bad but not going to beat myself up over it and I am now moving on again!!!!