General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default What 3FC members inspire you and why?

I've been thinking about this post for a few days now, but haven't had time to write it, in fact I still don't, but I wanted to start it anyway. So what 3FC members inspire you and why?

I don't have time to share mine right now, but I'll try to get back and share mine later - my new work schedule is cutting into my 3FC time
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am inspired by Meg and her years and YEARS more maintenance than I've had.

I am inspired by Glory and her wonderful attitude toward food, "treats", and living life in a way that both acknowledges the pleasure inherent in food and allows for weight maintenance.

I am inspired by Kaplods and her persistence, wonderful attitude, and love of trying strange foods (porcupine fruit?).

I am inspired by Ennay and her amazing running accomplishments.

I am inspired by the entire Maintainers population, who prove that weight loss and maintenance is possible, and not only that, but is enjoyable too! And because having made a lifestyle change, they're all still working their plans and making good decisions day in and day out.

And I am inspired by every single member who comes here, posts, participates, and decides to make a change to his or her health, even if those changes are slow, involve setbacks, and reveal the imperfections that make us all human.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

There have been a couple of signatures I remember, of course I can't think of who's they are right now but (please excuse my misquote)...

"We often say 'I wish I hadn't eaten that' but no one ever says 'I wish I hadn't exercised'"

"Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat!"

You've inspired me ncuneo, you're constantly asking questions, and they're really good ones!!

I love reading Eliana's posts, and Onederchic is really inspiring, RockinRobin, Mandalinn, Lori, SusanB, and lblazy, are all huge inspirations!!

There are so many to choose from and yet again, you've asked a great question! Well done, you!!

**Edit: Amanda, I'm not sucking up, we were writing ours at the same time!! LOL!

Last edited by cherbear; 10-05-2010 at 08:56 PM.
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #4  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

I heart Mandalinn, aka Amanda, her food is primo, her knowledge & advice is always PRICELESS & she is a celebrity in my eyes being she was in a magazine!
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #5  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Rosinante and Lori Bell. And ubergirl is apparently my twin separated at birth when it comes to this weight loss journey.

Last edited by caryesings; 10-05-2010 at 09:47 PM.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Love all my ladies in weight training they know who they are xoxo!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #7  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

I found Guamvixen's story wonderful and love that she's expecting now. I think there are so many fine folks on this board...too many to name. Mandalinn..many wonderful words of advice. Rockinrobin...amazing. And then there's all of us whose tickers are just now getting going. I remember when I joined and how impressed I was by 30 pound losses. Now I'm there and hopefully inspiring others too. I think we all inspire in some way. Keep on making good choices and we'll all get there someday!
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Lori, Amanda, Tanee, Robin, Matt and well, a lot of people here.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #9  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

The gals (and guys) who have lost over 100 lbs and are keeping it off. I *want* one of those 100 lb avatars to call my own.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

All the Maintainers and Featherweights who are my height and lighter inspire me.

And everyone else, if I may be honest. Losing weight is one of the hardest things anyone can do and I think it's so awesome that we're all in it together.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #11  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Those who started out in the 300s - or even 400s. I am in awe of the sheer will and persistance that it took to change their lives.

I also have to confess that I love RockinRobin's tough love speeches. She may be spankin' someone else's butt, but sometimes I feel the sting.

And I just in general love all the 3FCers! Every pound, every inch, every new pair of jeans....it's all just spectacular to be working together to be overcomers!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #12  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Honestly, there are lots. Not just maintainers but also people who are in the middle of their journeys and moving towards their goal. Fellow members who are physically challenged but still work hard at it and refuse give up. Especially, people who are just beginning and look at the mountain they have to climb and say "I can do this." It is just so inspiring to watch people empower themselves to change their lives.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I think this is such a great q, bec I've been at this board a long time and have to say I've read so many posts from all types of people who have inspired me to stick with it, in moments when I didn't feel like it, and to get back on the wagon when I'd fallen off. And to not feel like a failure when I've hit set backs, and have taken time to build back to where I need to be. It's been hard mentally at times.

I couldn't even name all the names.

The before and after pics, the "I made it" goal posts, the NSVs, the people who come and post encouragement, maintainers. I've learned a tremendous amount here. good advice and words given from experience really have worked their way into my consciousness.

Thanks to everyone who posts. And I appreciate having this forum where I can write and figure out my own thoughts around all of this.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/196/150

Height: 5ft6

The people who post when they achieve a mini-goal or a NSV. I get so proud of them for trying so hard that it helps me spread a little of that pride to myself.

The people who fell off the wagon and pulled themselves back on it again.

The people who are prepared to share a little of themselves and offer a bit of advice when I am in a self-pitying wallow.
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #15  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I am inspired by every single post I read here in one way or another. But I have to call out LoriBell and rockinrobin, because I get the sense that both of them (lots of others, too) started with something like "this is ridiculous and it's OVER"!!!! Their no-nonsense, no excuses approach really resonates with me. Thanks, gals!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote