Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 12:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Question Thinking about joining and have a few questions.

Hello everyone,
I've been seriously thinking about starting ww and think it might be the right program for me. I was wondering how to get started & what I can expect at the meetings? How does a typical meeting go with weigh in, leaders, participation, how long are they and so on? I guess I'm a bit intimidated because I've never done this before but I want to give it a chance. Any info you can give would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2002, 02:58 AM   #2  

1. call the 800 number and find a meeting location.
2. go to meeting time; arrive a bit early to fill out paperwork.
3. pay fees, buy books, buy foods, etc.
4. weigh in.
5. feel amazed at how high the number is. use said number as motivation to stick with program.
6. find seat away from squalling babies and fussing toddlers.
7. listen to meeting topic led mainly by leader. members may add comments, but you don't have to if you are shy.
8. towards end of meeting, awards and applause will be given out. the style varies from meeting to meeting.
9. meeting ends, and you remove your name tag, and toss in garbage or affix to the giant name tag sculpture that is sprouting near the reception desk.
10a. repeat steps 3-10 until you reach your goal weight and maintain it.
10b. repeat steps 3-10b until you get fed up, decide you don't need the meeting, it's better to save the money, or it's just not working because you can't lose the weight. wait approximately 3 months to a year before restarting program again. swear it will be different this time. and it is.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:55 AM   #3  

Angry

Rubyblue,
Trixiepup said it all. At the end of your 1st meeting, your leader will ask you, and others who are new, to stay so that they can go over the plan with you. This is very helpful, especially if you have never done this before. They will explain the points system to you. Each week you will get either a booklet or a recipe card with that weeks number(week 1...week 2...and so on) in the corner, until after your 12th week, I believe. As far as length of meetings go it depends. The meetings I attend are express meetings, which last about 1/2 hr. I honestly don't know how long a typical meeting is. This is really a very healthful way to lose weight. I wish you the best of luck.

Aleka
Old 10-28-2002, 12:39 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7

Thank you both! Trixiepup your honesty and humor are very much appreciated. These details really help me . Good luck to all of you.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:30 PM   #5  

Our meetings last about one hour. I have gone to WW off and on for years and I can say that the meetings are only as good as the leader is. Some have lots of personality and others just don't. Find a time and leader you like. The program really works but you have to pay attention to all the parts of it. Drinking the water, writing in the journal daily, exercising, counting all points and planning ahead to have the food you need in the house.
Closed Thread