Metabolic Research Center - Best way to get on track after surgery?

Debster
10-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I had my gallbladder removed last week and am recovering from that. Doing better each day. I was in the hospital for 4 days, with IV fluids, and when I
returned home last Friday I had gained 8 pounds. This seemed strange to me because for 3 of the days I was there I could only have ice chips, the other day low fat meals. Since I've gotten home I have lost 4 pounds so only have 4 to go to get back to the weight I was when I was admitted to hospital. Haven't gotten back on plan exactly but have been drinking water and taking supplements. My question is what should I do to get back on track with my weight loss? I still have 20 pounds to lose to get to my goal weight, I'm 55 year old female. Didn't know if I should do the yellow menu for days 1-4, and then the blue on for days 5-10, or if I should just return to the green menu. As of my last weigh in at MRC which was the day I was admitted to hospital I had lost 11.5 pounds since August 15. I know that doesn't seem like much but I was thrilled. I had lost 55 pounds on my own with healthful eating and exercise in the 18 months prior to joining MRC in August. I joined MRC because I wasn't able to lose the final 30 pounds on my own. I would really appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day!
Thanks!

dkmd27
10-05-2010, 12:21 PM
The hospital weight is probably all due to the IV fluids (dextrose and salt water) and low-fat meals are usually high sugar (when fat is taken out, sugar is added in), and will flush out in 7-10 days. Just jump right back on the green menu and off you go!!