Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#233

QueenB
10-27-2002, 09:02 PM
WELCOME!! :wave:

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

QueenB
10-27-2002, 09:11 PM
Well, I thought I'd hop in here and make a short post and start the new thread. It's been really rainy and yucky here today and I had to work, which made it worse. The one good thing about the rain delay is that the race had just started when I got home, so I got to see it till they finally called it due to rain. Michelle, Tony did finish 4th! What you didn't see, is that he lead the race for a long time and then they went under caution and he had to go in and pit, due to some loose lug nuts and then came out in 32nd place. Everyone was freaking out, but not me. I said, "Do they NOT know who they're talking about? This is Tony Stewart!" I have total confidence in the man. Within no time, he inched closer and closer to the front and before I knew it, he was leading again!!! It was an amazing charge to the front and I was so proud of him. That man can drive like nothing I have ever seen! Whew, sorry I got started on that. Anyways, he did finish 4th due to a rain delay, but I'll guarantee you, if it went all the way to the end, he would have won. In the end, he increased his points lead to 146 and there is no stopping him now. He is on his way to the Championship!!
Ooops, there I go again. :^:

Today has been a real good day food wise, and I will be going to my WI tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm gonna hop off here for now, because "Pretty Woman" is on and I'd like to catch the end of it and then I'm doing my WATP video. I will hop in here tomorrow and try to do some individual replys. I feel like I'm neglecting my family here. I hope you all know how much I love you. :grouphug: to everyone.

P.S. Lucky, here is a post of my man, I'll share JUST this one time.

katrinabgood
10-27-2002, 11:54 PM
Wait a minute...Just WHO is this handsome chap? Tina's hubby or main squeeze, Tony? He's cute! You sure they don't have any like THAT up there in Minnesota-land, Lucky?

Thin, I hope you enjoyed every minute on that couch...you sure have earned it!

Michelle...I hope that you got a few minutes of downtime too, you busy little bee. I can't wait to meet Andrew...and YOU, of course!

I was all cozy, in bed, crocheting, watching the Osbournes, (that doesn't really go together, does it? Crocheting and the %*@&$*ing Osbournes, hee hee) Dh made me come out and "share" with him the last inning of the World Series. Whoopdedoo! Not interested, said I...but I watched with him anyway, good wife that I am.
So the Angels won. I know I'm all choked up about it...:yawn:

I'm off to bed now...I'm too tired to put my :drill: hat on, but all you AWOL slackers had better get out and post!

That will be all.

Dismissed.

Grannie39074
10-28-2002, 07:46 AM
My Grandmother died last night. I'll return later

thinthinker
10-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care of yourself.

j-ann
10-28-2002, 08:02 AM
Mary,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You take care and get back to us when you can.

j-ann

LuckyLadyBug
10-28-2002, 08:03 AM
Tina: thanks for the picture...:love: the jeans!!!! Did you check out the jeans, Kat?

It is cold and dreary here....suppose to be that way all week.

Kat you sweetie ..... (trying to suck up since I notice you are using :drill: a lot!!)

I am going to go to the library at noon and find some
exercise videos to try out.

Have a good Monday!!!

Motivation Monday

"People begin to become successful the minute they decide to be." - Harvey Mackay

So, you are hearing it here first!!!! I am successful!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

katrinabgood
10-28-2002, 09:06 AM
Mary...
I'm so sorry for your loss. {{{Hugs}}} to you and your family.

Lucky, sucking up will NOT exempt you from your posting obliga....so, you really think I'm SWEET? awww...

Sara, where ARE you woman? (Girls, you don't think she succumbed to the charms of the "bi" friend, leaving Reg and US behind, do you?)**

**You definitely had to be at chat to know THAT story!

Tina...my goodness, girl...you certainly are PASSIONATE about racing...I may just have to tune in one of these days to see what all the fuss is about. Is there a race every weekend? Are there racing "seasons" like football or baseball? Do I have to shop at Home Depot???

I wanted to do more replies, but my little computer clock is telling me that it's 9:15, which gives me exactly 15 minutes to dress and get over to the "Cardio Mix" class at the gym...

see you later!

bobsgal
10-28-2002, 09:08 AM
Hey chickies, Well I'm back. I never seem to find the time to get in here on the weekends. Well I maintained this week which I'm happy about since I totally fell off the wagon last week. No exercise, not nearly enough water and my eating stunk. Not as bad as it used to be, but still bad. So I'm happy I didn't see a gain. But I am back on track. I had a piece of honey wheat toast and a banana for breakfast. I'm halfway done my first 20 oz bottle of water. I plan on doing my WATP 3 mile tape today and maybe also get in a nice brisk walk outside. I just love the fall. On a positive note, I am now fitting comfortably into size 22 jeans and I can feel them getting looser. I also tried on a pair of size 20 jeans that I have, and I can get them on and zipped up. They are tight so I wouldn't be able to wear them comfortably yet, but I will get there soon. Well I need to get up and moving.
Steph

2cute2Bfat
10-28-2002, 09:29 AM
Mary... I just want to send my condolences too. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Nothing new going on here. I will try to get back later today when I am more awake and have something to say. LOL

Monday Motivation....

"There comes a time when you just have to grab the bull by the horns and DO IT !!!!!" Make TODAY that day.

katrinabgood
10-28-2002, 11:23 AM
I was skimming through "Simple Abundance", looking for a good Motivation Monday quote, and came across this...I liked it and thought all of you would too...

We are the hero of our own story. ~Mary McCarthy

In every one of us, there lies a sleeping beauty waiting to be awakened through love. Because she has slumbered for so long, she must be awakened very gently. But instead of waiting for Prince Charming to storm the palace gates, you must summon the magic powers of your authentic self to break any cruel enchantment that has left you unaware of your own glory.

SaraJoy
10-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Don't send out the troops on a (wo)manhunt!

I'm just heading off to the gym but wanted to quickly post.

Mary... My condolences on the loss of your grandmother. You'll be in my thoughts.

Sara :)

Duckie25
10-28-2002, 04:33 PM
Almost 2 whole threads to look over from the weekend, weren't you gals a chatty bunch. And now that I'm done reading the threads I can't remember anything in specific:dizzy: My brain and eyes are actually aching.;)

It sound's like those who made it, had a good chat, what's with the granniec thing, :foot: did you mistake her for our grannie? The only time I would ever be able to chat, would be in the afternoon around 2pm. That is if I'm not to busy at work. 5 more months and my bedroom set is paid off, and then I'm going out to invest in a computer, hubby can have the tv and I'll have the computer, that will take care of some fights.

Today is weigh in Monday, for me anyways, and my total loss for this week is (did you notice I said Loss) is 3 lbs, yeah, for me. Five more pounds, actullay 6 more lbs and I'll be in the two hundreds. And my weight will actually register correctly on my scale. My scale goes up to 299 lbs, and then starts at 0 again, so according to my scale, I really only weigh 5lbs right now, less than I weighed when I was born.:D

Tom's suppose to be visiting this week, better be visiting, it's pretty bad when you actually want your tom:rolleyes: So I kind of got the munchies today, already had an apple fritter and an apple struedel, and half of a bounty chocolate bar, I better kick this in the butt, so I'll be that much closer to my mini goal next week.

Well I should get back to work, and maybe do some walking in place and try to get some excersise in.
TATA for Now

katrinabgood
10-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Yay, Duckie! good for you!

MichelleK
10-28-2002, 06:49 PM
Yipeeeee-I-AY!!! I got the job...I got the job!! Yippeeee-I-AY!

Only thing is I have to drive to Reading for 2 weeks cause I can't stay over cause I ain't got no one to watch Andrew! Its about a 2 hour drive each way! Yuck....but its only for 2 weeks!! I also found a sitter that would keep Andrew till 6:30 or 7:00 if John had to work late since my hours would be 9:45 to 6:15. And she would keep him on the Saturday each month that John and I would both have to work. AND....she is in the process of getting licensed so we can use the deduction on our taxes...AND....for the same I am paying now she includes breakfast and lunch for the kids. Now I bring his lunch and feed him breakfast before we go! So it seems a better deal all around. We are going to go visit her tomorrow. Her and her sister do the daycare. I drove by her house today and its in a really nice neighborhood on a cul de sac with no traffic!! Nice big fenced yard...huge house! Works for me! I would feel bad taking him out of his current situation because he knows them all there and has been there since he was 9 weeks old..but I know he would adjust! He loves to be with kids!

Anyhow....guess what I did today...for the first time in my life! I....I....I ran out of gas! UUgghhh! I use to laugh at my mother for doing that! Now I can't do that anymore! I managed to get into the post office parking lot...barely! And this lady came out and asked me if he was coming and I said no...I was talking to john on the nextel radio but he was on the road still...so she said my fiance use to work for Rob's automotive (big around here) I'll send him over I am right down the road. So sure enough here comes the little red truck she said he would come in with a can of gasoline. I told her I think its just the gas since the little bell dinged at me this morning and this afternoon once each time. I usually have quite a bit of time before I HAVE to get gas...I was actually on my way to the gas station which I could see from where I was! Anyways...the guy put in about 3 or 4 gallons of gas and wouldn't take a dime from me. I thanked him profusely and was practicallly crying...I guess there really are some nice people in this world!!

Well I bette get going..I have been writing this for an hour now an talking to my sister on the phone for about 45 minutes! I need to get my boy ready for bed..he is soooo tired since he didn't have a nap...and then I need to get lunches ready and clothes ready for tomorrow...I get to give my notice!! Yipppeee!

Ok TTFN Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
10-28-2002, 09:50 PM
Congrats, Duckie.

You are in my prayers, Mary.

YIPPII, Michelle, I am so happy for you - see - :dance:

Stayed within my points today, exercised a little but feel so beat....I think the cold and with day lights savings it is soooo dark....at 5PM, no less.

How would everyone like to chat on a Monday night some time? I never want to do much Monday nights, my reward for making it through the day. :lol: Just trying to think of a time other than Saturday night since SOME people are busy then.

LuckyLadyBug
10-28-2002, 09:52 PM
When does Malia get back???? Seems like she has been gone for months.

Grannie39074
10-28-2002, 09:59 PM
I'm ok this is such a shock Big Ma got sick after lunch on Sat. and by Sun night she was gone. The funeral is tomorrow. I can't believe this.

2cute2Bfat
10-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Congratulations Michelle !!!!!! We are all doing the happy dance for you. :dance: It sounds like a win/win situation. I am sure Andrew will adjust just fine. I also wanted to mention that even unlicensed daycare should be tax deductible. Check it out. I did home day care for many many years and several of my moms took tax credit for the expense. Usually an unlicensed sitter doesn't claim it... but you are legally in your right to claim it even if they don't. In fact... the govt would love for you to. LOL

Mary... we are still praying for you. I know the shock. My father in law died suddenly years ago. No one expected it.. he was only 51 years old at the time. Massive heartattack. On the other hand... my mother in law died a s l o w painful death of cancer. She suffered for 2 1/2 years. I hope I am one of those who go quick.

Lucky... I came in too late to see about the chat. Sorry. Maybe next time. :crossed:

Duckie... great job losing 3 lbs !!!! I don't know if a scale that only goes to 299 is showing you an accurate amount over that?? BUT.. like you said... it won't be long untill it won't matter. :D
I just love your little avatar... it just quacks me up. :lol:

Welcome back Steph... wow.. you better watch out... those 22 may just fall right off of you. ... wouldn't that be cool. :cool:

Kat ... keep posting about all of your exercising. You and so many others are so inspiring. I am VERY PROUD of all of you.

Thin.... you know how I feel. Thanks for being here for me. ;)

Okay... I am out of here. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I may head out to go see my mom. I don't know when I will be back. I have got myself into a mess with going to Missouri. It is a longggg story... but I may be gone for a couple of days. But I will try to post again before I leave.
:wave:

QueenB
10-28-2002, 11:00 PM
First of all, let me say to Mary: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I don't know how close you were to your grandmother, but mine means everything to me. She practically raised me growing up with my parents being gone so much, (thank goodness) and if it hadn't of been for her, I would probably be in a nuthouse somewhere. :dizzy: I will pray that God will fill the empty hole in your heart right now and don't forget we are here for you and love you.

NOW, having said that first:

How are all my lovelies? F A N T A S T I C, I hope! Well gals, I bit the bullet today and rejoined WW. I know that I have been doing pretty well on my own, (I lost another 2.2 lbs. this week)
but it's just something that I wanted to do. To me, it is very helpful to have the support and I really enjoyed taking this time out just for me today. And did you notice? I am FINALLY in the twos!!! :cb: The thing that really encourages me also, is knowing that I am actually only up about 11 pounds from when I originally started WW (2/15/02) the first time. AND from the last time I went to WW, (2 1/2 mos. ago) I have actually lost a pound. That to me, is encouraging. In the past, I would have gained it all back and then some.

Ok............

Lucky: Yep, got to love the jeans. That is one of my all time favs of Tony, although I like him with a little more facial hair. But of course, facial hair has nothing to do with the way he drives.......it's just a bonus! :lol: Do you have a "Best Buy" store in your town? I saw a dvd of Leslie Sansone WATP 1 mile & 2 mile combo and it was only 9.98. I thought that was a real good deal. If you have one in your town, you may want to check it out.

Michelle: Congrats on the job sweetie. I know how much you wanted it. I hope it is everything you want it to be. Sounds like Andrew's daycare is very nice and a good deal as well. Sorry you ran out of gas today, but it seems as though it worked out ok. Believe it or not, there are actually some nice people out there in this world.

Duckie: Congrats on the three pound loss! Your going to catch up with me in no time. I better stay on my toes! Can't wait for you to get the ol' computer at home....of course, it may just start a few fights because you'll have a hard time getting dh off of it! :lol:

Sarajoy: Good to see you sweetie. Come back soon. We miss you!

Kat: Yes, I am very passionate about racing. I dearly love it. This, coming from a girl that 4 years ago would not even allow it on the tv, is quite an improvement. To answer a couple of your questions, NO, you do not have to shop at Home Depot. :lol: That is just my store of choice. Sorry Michelle. (her dh works at Lowes) Secondly, they do have a season. The first race of the year is in mid February and it is the Daytona 500. It is probably the biggest race of the year. Their season generally ends around the last week in Novemeber. They have the longest season of all the sports. I really like it too, because it's not like baseball. You can really get behind a driver and support him and not worry about turning on the tv one day and not recognizing any of the players. I had just began to really get into racing and then Dale Earnhardt died and when that happened, it really made me realize how much it meant to me. AND, contrary to what some might believe. It honestly would not matter if Tony looked like Uncle Fester, if he drove the way he does........I would still like him. :lucky: The fact that he is somewhat attractive, is just a bonus. :s: Races are on every Sunday and they rarely have a Sunday off. They take Mother's Day off and a couple more and that's about it. Tune in sometime and see what all the fuss is about!!

2cute: How are you sweetie? Haven't heard alot from you and hope your ok. Still resting up from your trip?

Steph: Good job on the maintaining. Sometimes it just happens. We all fall off the wagon, but the important thing is, is that you got back up. Congrats on the jeans! Isn't that a great feeling?

Well gals, I am off here for now. I am available to chat anytime this week. Just give me a day and a time. Hello to everyone else and hope your doing well. :grouphug: to my family. Take care!

QueenB
10-28-2002, 11:11 PM
2cute snuck in on me there while I was posting. Good to see a nice long post from you, even if you didn't reply to me individually. :cry: Just kidding! :lol: Please try to post again before you leave. Maybe it will hold us over till you get back. We sure do miss you when your gone. Love ya sweetie.

Just for you:

SaraJoy
10-28-2002, 11:35 PM
Ahh... Tina! Ya miss me? Alrighty then... I'll post! :lol:

All is AWESOME an the exercising front. I've worked out everyday since my fitness evalutation at the gym last Monday (save Thursday when I first started coming down with my cold!). Today I did 50 minutes of cardio in a row and burnt almost 500 calories according to their instruments. Why, I could go out and eat a piece of cake guilt free after that but I never would! No straying an inch from my Master Plan until I get to goal!

Also, according to my cheat weigh in today (it's SUPPOSED to be Wednesday), I'm down 3 more pounds since last WI for a total of 85 pounds lost which makes me 185 currently! Only 35 to go!

Tina... Congrats on your 3 pound loss too! Woohoo! I bet it feels good to have dropped into the 200s. And re-joining WW! You're on a roll!

Duckie... You too?! Woohoo! This group of ladies are the biggest bunch of losers I've ever met!

Lucky... Boo! Monday nights are no good for me because I volunteer then at the Sexaul Assault Support Centre. Actually... Tuesdays are also out for me because I teach piano lessons late that night! But... if everyone else is free Mondays, then go ahead and schedule a chat so long as I am mailed a complete transcipt of the conversation! :lol:

Michelle! Yipee on the new job! Isn't tendering your resignation SWEET?! Gulp... I too am guilty of running out of gas (ONCE) and my hubby will never let me live it down! Unbelievably, a kindly country bumpkin happened to walking along the street carrying a gas can at the exact moment we ran out of gas! He saved us!

Okay, gotta a few chores to do before heading to bed so I'll catch you chickies later!

Sara :)

thinthinker
10-29-2002, 12:17 AM
Hello, girls! :wave: Just thought I would drop in before hitting the hay. :yawn: It's been a busy day. WW meeting this morning with WI (not Wisconsin). Bad news once again, ^ UP a pound! Need to stop this. Time to get moving. Then out to lunch with a friend in need. Too much food. Bad choices. :ink:

Did an apartment job after that and then back home to a million phone calls with idiots. Another long story and you really don't want to hear me rant and rave at this hour, so I'll spare you!!!

I skipped dinner because of my indescretions at lunch so maybe the day will even out after all. Time to start journalling. Ya know, I figure if I start every Monday, one of these days I'll actually do it until the end of the week. But if I never start on Monday, I'll never get through a week. So better to start over and over again, than not to start at all! :rolleyes: And I said I wasn't going to rant and rave. Geez, you'll never believe another thing I say!

Of course it won't let me post all the characters I want to include so this is part one and I'll be back with part 2.

thinthinker
10-29-2002, 12:19 AM
Sara: I would think you're exhausted from dancing and working out but it sure sounds like you're energized instead! That's wonderful! :cool:

Steph: Congrats on the 'maintain'. Sometimes, it is a gift! :gift:

Duckie: 3 pounds! Awsome! You go girl! :dance:

Michelle: Honey, when the low fuel light comes on and the bell rings in the morning.....and it comes on and rings in the afternoon again......IT'S TIME TO GET SOME GAS!!!!! I can get about 25 miles once it dings the first time, before running out. It's good to know these things! :eek: Congrats on the new job. Guess all these crossed fingers :crossed: worked!!

LuckyLadyBug: "SOME people are busy then". I heard that!!! You better be nice or we'll talk about you some more! :yes: Malia's due back the end of the month....so that would be maybe by the end of this week. Can't wait for her travel stories!

Mary: Oh sweetie, that's such a shocker, I'm sure. You take care of yourself. [[[[[hugs]]]]]

Tina: Congrats on biting the bullet and heading back to WW. AND being in the two's. Woohoo for you, girlfriend. I think you're going to find attending the WW meetings 'priceless' as far as motivation goes. There's nothing like having to face the scale in front of somebody! :o Congrats on the loss too. You're just a movin' on!

2cute: Hope you don't have to make the trip to Missouri again this week. It's time for a little 2cute time. You deserve it because you are always such an angel :angel: to everyone. A little pampering for YOU would not be out of line!

Katrina: "you must summon the magic powers of your authentic self".....this was terribly profound. I like it. "Magic powers", ummm. :chin: I'll have to think on that one. Maybe we truly do have it within ourselves.

Well, girls, I'm gonna run. almost 12:30 AM here. Time for some shut eye since I didn't do any paperwork today, I need to get up early and do it in the morning. Love :love: to all.

LuckyLadyBug
10-29-2002, 07:54 AM
Thin Come on, journal with me!!!! I made it from Monday thru Wednesday last week. I am shooting for a whole five days this week.

Tina, Tina The town closest to me has 300 people - NO Best Buy!!!! I went to the library yesterday and not even ONE exercise video. I thought I could "check them out" before buying.:s: But NO!!!!

I have been so inspired by Kat's exercising I was considering getting those new Firm tapes. They are expensive so I wanted to see if they were something I could and would use.

NOW, CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the "2"s.....and joining WW. I am attempting WW on my own. So far so good. (after one week ):^:

Okay, EVERYONE list their chatting time and day - maybe we can come up with a couple times a week where some of us are available. I will compile the information and let you know.

Tuesday Tip:
In order to solve my weight problem, I am willing to accept the essential pain that I must:
Put limits on my eating.
Exercise daily, even at times when I donít feel like it.
Journey inside myself throughout the day.
Nurture myself in ways other than overeating
Set more reasonable expectations for myself.
Feel compassionate and accepting toward my body and myself.
Take good care of my health.
Engage in activities that are meaningful to me.
Take time to restore my mind, body, and soul.

From the book "Solutions".

tontoy
10-29-2002, 09:16 AM
Hello everyone, boy there are a lot of posts.

Mary I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is never easy to loose someone you care about, but just be greatful that you had her as long as you did, and think about the wonderful times you shared.

Sara congratulations on your weight loss!! How did you loose 85 pounds? Was it just following WW and staying within your points? When did you incorporate exercise into your program? How long did it take you? I am trying to get there you all are an inspiration to me.

Tina congratulations on getting into the two hundreds. Has it been hard staying within your points? Some days I do better than others.

Well I go and weigh myself tomorrow, I am so scaird. I dont know how I will take it if that scale doesn't move. I know I need to focus on how much better I feel and how my clothes are getting looser, but I just want to loose 25 pounds by Christmas and I am really working hard at it. I have been working out 5 days a week, and not eating after 7pm and cutting out fried foods. I hope it works.

Have a good day everybody!

j-ann
10-29-2002, 11:26 AM
HAPPY DAY LADIES!

TONTOY: Donít be afraid of the scales!!!! (This from someone who hates the damn things!) :) They are only a partial measure of the success of your weight loss journey. If you stick to your program the weight will come off. I know that when Iím on program, over a period of several weeks Iíll have a 3-5 lb. Whoosh, then for the next 2 or three weeks lose Ĺ to 2 lbs a week, then I often gain a pound, then whoosh again.

MICHELLE: Doiní the happy dance for yaí. :jig: BTW Andrew is adorable.

DUCKIE: Dancin for you too. 3 lbs.!! YES!!! :jig:

SARA and KAT: You two are making me tired with all of your exercise. Truthfully though Iím jealous. :s: Hopefully now that itís cooler Iíll do more active things.

2CUTE: Hope you get everything straightened out in Missouri. Iíll be thinking of you.

TINA: OH WOW! The 2ís. FANTASTICÖÖ.Feels good huh? :D:

THIN: I know what you mean about journalling. We just GOTTA DO IT!!!!!

LUCKY: Thanks for the Tuesday tip. I printed it and am going to keep it handy.

DUCKIE: 3 LBS. For you too. What a GREAT LOSS!!! :bravo:

STEPH: Ah yes, jeans ÖÖ The true way to see and feel our weight loss. Right now the ones Iíd just gotten into are beginning to feel a little tight. Guess whoís goota get back OP?

Have a great day ladies,

SusieH
10-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone. Long time no visit.

I have been so busy lately, as it is budget preparation time at work. We are scrambling to meet our 12/6 deadline and have so much to do.

I am happy to say that I am not gaining, but not losing much if any either.

I wish I could stop by every day or so, but it just isn't possible. I am sneeking in right now, but I really need to get back to work.

I really miss you all.

2cute2Bfat
10-29-2002, 02:06 PM
Speak of the devil. :devil: Thinthinker and I were just talking about you last night.!!!!! :D We sure miss you !!!!! We were also talking about TexDee too. Maybe she will surprise us with a visit too. :crossed:

katrinabgood
10-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Well, J-ann, get out your pillow and blankie, I just got back from a step class! Actually, it was a "Step/Interval training" class. alternating step aerobics with weights and squats and ab work...and believe you me, these abs need work! After work this am, I got the kiddies off to school, went to the dentist for a wee bit o' torture, (no drilled lip this time, thank God) then I hit the library to kill some time before the 12:00 class.

Can I just tell you how much I LOVE the library? That was such a treat for me, I really should go more often! Usually when I go, it's just to quickly grab some books on tape and get out of there. When the kids were younger, we spent a lot of time there, but not lately. Anyway, I had about an hour and a half to kill, so I gathered up a bunch of books, mostly things like, "College Planning for Dummies," and "How to go to College for Free," and things of that nature. I skimmed through a book for myself by the author of "Simple Abundance," ironically having just mentioned these very words yesterday, "The Search for your Aunthentic Self." I was able to just sit and read for about 1/2 hour, uninterrupted...it was a pleasure! Until the gaggle of undisciplined, squawking kids came rampaging through, that is... Fortunately, I had just enough time then to check out my books and head to the gym.

I am one sweaty, tired wench right now...I just wanted to come home, take a shower and jump into bed. (Not even eat!) BUT NOOOOOOO!! Dh and the Direct TV guy are all over the house, checking tvs and generally disrupting any plans I may have had for rest...so I guess I'll have to hang out here for awhile, at least til I fall asleep at the keyboard. Not that I haven't done THAT before!

A few quick replies and I really must goe find a quiet corner to sleep in...

Lucky...I love the Tuesday Tip! I'm going to copy and print it up in some fancy font and color, with a pretty border and post those words on my fridge. Thanks for the inspirational words! :goodvibes:
BTW, I am usually home weeknights around 8pm, EST...so I can pretty much chat whenever.
Oh, yeah! ALSO...check out www.half.com for exercise videos...you can get them pretty cheap, check it out!

Michelle! Congratulations on your new job! Sounds like everything is falling into place for you. :D

TINA! YOU'RE IN THE TWOS!!!! I am SO proud of you!! :bravo:

DUCKIE! You're getting there! You and Tina are almost neck and neck! Keep up the good work! :cp:
To answer your ? about grannyc... she was a nice lady who popped into the chat room Saturday night... we were all so caught up in getting into the private chat room that 2cute was trying to set up, that we just kind of left her hanging there...then she just popped off. We were kind of rude. :snooty: Not intentionally, though!!!

Tontoy! Do not be scared! :eek: Sounds like you are doing the right things. Keep doing them and the weight loss will follow. Have faith in yourself. Do not let yourself be ruled by a scale! It is a self defeating way of thinking.

Steph, welcome back! Congrats on maintaining through a bad week. :^: Sounds like you're getting back on track. You go girl!

Whoa! TV guy just left!! I am outta here!! I'll catch up with those of you that I missed later...

Love to all...

katrinabgood
10-29-2002, 02:20 PM
I just ALMOST lost that whole long post...that would not have been a good thing...

Grannie39074
10-29-2002, 06:38 PM
STOP

DO NOT POST HERE
Go TO NEW THREAD