Metabolic Research Center - Oh No!!!

View Full Version : Oh No!!!

jakesmommy05
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
DH and I went to the beach for the weekend. I packed a cooler with all my food so I could stay OP.

I ate bfast and lunch OP but for dinner both nights I had grilled mahi and a salad. I used maybe a tablespoon of resturant salad dressing.

I was really proud of myself. I didn't touch the bread basked, DH's fries or any alcohol....BUT!!! When I got home and weighed, I'd gained 5 pounds!! In 36 hours!! What in the world?!?!?!?

I am so sad. I want to quit now.

Oceansidemommy
10-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh don't quit it's most likely just salt, or you didn't move as much, or did you weigh yourself at a different time then usual? Give your body a day or two and you should be back to what you were or even better a little lighter. :-) Everytime I eat out I end up at least 2 pounds heavier no matter what I've eaten. My mom does the same thing, it usually goes away in a day, two at the most.

Razorbackbritt
10-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Did you drink enough water? I went out of town and ate OP and gained 2 pounds. My center suggested that maybe while out of my normal routine, I didn't get enough water, so I retained the water I did drink. Just drink, drink and flush it out.

Don't lose hope...just get right back in. You can do it!

LacieRene
10-04-2010, 10:57 PM
To gain 5 pounds you would have had to have eaten over 15 THOUSAND extra calories...and you didn't do that. So more than likely you're retaining water or need to "use the restroom", if you know what I mean. Give it a day or two and you'll see everything evens out. Good luck!

ValRock
10-04-2010, 11:04 PM
There is no earthly way you gained 5 lbs of fat. Drink lots of water, stay on plan for a few days, and DO NOT step back on the scale for at lest 2 days. It'll be gone, I guarantee you.

Spymebabe
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I am sure its just water, don't give up!