Old 10-04-2010, 04:33 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #240 Bale of Turtles Meaning It!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiratation, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #2  
Chick

Princess, I was able to make the connection to the calorie calculator. Thanks so much. I think I've been eating too much. Also mega thanks to Bandit for mentioning that she needs 75g. of protein daily. I'm working toward that too. lots of rain here, so I haven't gotten my daily walks in and had better move in some way or the WW WI on Wed. won't be pretty.

Really have to run, but I've got all of you on my mind and in my heart.
JUdy
234.6/192/170's by 9/30 oops, guess I need a new goal LOL
Old 10-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Judy - Happy Birthday, hope it was great!

Princess - quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have ever done. First time I quit I lasted 2 years then the last time I quit was 12 years ago & I was a pack a day smoker, so it was tough. Even with the patch (which worked)
I still found it tough. So good luck with that - I feel for you. But if you can kick the habit it is soooooooooo worth it.

I had pretty good weekend foodwise. Actually went to movies and didn't have popcorn which was something for me. Afterwards we went & had a salad & coffee. So that was a major accomplishment.

Princess - thanks for the calorie counting site, will check it out.

Just heading out to the weight loss challenge evening, so hoping that goes good.

Hang in there, everyone - you are all doing great!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Judy: A very Happy Birthday to you! I sure hope that you had a wonderful time on your special day! Yes - I thought I was way over eating also, not figuring points right, etc because it is just not working for me this time around even with the meds. So I am hoping that counting calories will help, at the very least it is something different for a while... LOL - new things capture my attention at least for a little while. I need to increase my protein also, I can start exercising again this week, I just have to be careful because the effects of that last med that I was on can last for months and cause tendon damage, so I will just go slow.

Bandit: It is hard! Ugh, I quit once, a long time ago, for 4 years, then I went to college and most of my class smoked and before I knew it I had started again, there have been many attempts since then to quit - hope this is it for me! Have a great time tonight! Oh yeah, a huge congrats on avoiding the popcorn! That is awesome!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Susan

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-04-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all...

Cold here this morning... I fear that winter is on the way rather we want it or not... LOL - although it is supposed to warm up this coming weekend. The leaves are starting to fall so I can get some exercise in while I am raking which is on my weekend list to do.

I am counting calories and writing everything down - DH is starting to count also so we will see how it goes. There is a "Calorie Counters" thread on this site that I have been peeking at to get ideas, recipes, etc.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good day. So today was my clinical day. Which was fun, alot of standing and walking.

So on the way home I made the conscious effort that I was going to use some of my weekly points. Cause I wanted a milkshake, didn't have the strength to fight the craving today. Anyway got a milkshake. So I haven't had a milkshake since I started this. Well if I had looked those points up before I got that thing. It would have stayed right there. That thing was 13 pts. Which I have to say it was worth it today for me. I don't know how I feel about that one though. But I tracked it.

Hope everyone has a goodnight. Off to study.

ETA I managed to fit back into my scrub pants from a year ago when I first started the program. Not as loose as I would like but I could actually wear them and feel comfortable enough in them.

Last edited by life4evr; 10-05-2010 at 06:04 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #7  

Life4evr: Yeah - hind sight is always 20/20 - LOL - Been there! Oh well, we all make those "milk shake" mistakes at one point or another as long as you enjoyed it and had the points to spare then no harm done. Good job on fitting into your scrubs! I have a whole closet full of clothing that I can not wear but will get into them again at some point, I have faith! Congrats though that is a huge NSV for you!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

@Princess thanks. Well the milkshake was a bad idea. Cause I am very hungry now. Oh, well now I know for sure. No milkshakes.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all!

So - day three of counting calories instead of points - kind of different (more like how you do TBL program really) a bit more work then points but only because I am so used to points - I think.

Went to Sam's Club yesterday after work and picked up a few things, got some Canadian Bacon that is fairly low in calories but higher in protien then other options to put on my Bagel Thin in the morning and maybe it will fill me up more.

Boy oh boy it is sure easy to drop money at Sam's Club... LOL - I only had a handful or so of items in my cart but got to the register and the gal rings me up and says 200 and change... ugh - oh well - just the way it is I guess and I had a pack of nicotine patches in the cart for DH which are super expensive... like $55.00 for a three week supply - but like the Chantix ($150.00 per month) that I am taking it is all worth it if it works - so far so good - DH was real snarky last evening - I just ignored it, kept busy, and went to bed - LOL - when the going gets tough, well, the tough go to bed!

Hope everyone is doing well - TOPS meeting and W/I tomorrow night for me - I have not been there in 2 weeks now and don't expect anything more then a large gain but I am working in the right direction and that is what matters to me .

Have a happy day!
Susan
Old 10-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Here's to all of us! Mrs. Tho and Tessa and KimL and Cherry and the whole gang! You're the best. Let's all get up and out today and face the day and its challenges and make the best of ourselves we can.

My was great. My son called and he and the grandkids wished me a and my 9 yr. old granddaughter thought it was a good idea to sing the whole song to me. So sweet. Then my dh was considerate and good to me, my daughters and their hubbies and grandson showed up with nice gifts. We had such a good time. We ended up playing a mini game of softball in the (very small) backyard here. It was hysterical. Then we played 5 Crowns-----a card game that most ages can play. Had cake, but just a sliver. All in all a wonderful day. Yesterday wasn't wonderful. I had jury duty, was questioned but let go as a juror. It was weird. I ate well at the courthouse, but then home my dd and dh had been shopping, came home hungry and instead of eating something healthy I ate Italian food. No excuse----but eating out before WI just doesn't work and because of my dh's night work schedule we often get take out food right before WI. I've got to have a better plan. This week was fine although unusual and I wouldn't have seen a gain at the scale. Now I will. Ugh.

Princess, weigh to go with the non-smoking! You can do this. Every penny for the Chantix and nicotine patches is worth it! Cigarettes have sky-rocketed here and the $ savings alone to say nothing of the health benefits will be great. You can do this! I need a change too. I also need to concentrate on what I'm doing. I think I'll get a few of my books out and see what I can do.

Bandit, weigh to go with seeing a movie out and not having popcorn! That's a great connection to break. All the stats I've seen about movie popcorn are deplorable!!! Let us know how you did at TOPS. Also congrats to you on breaking the smoking habit. It's a tough one.

Life4evr, oooh, that milkshake sounds yummy. I haven't had one or a malted in years! It's so weird to me that a food that has so many points also doesn't stay with us as far as being full. I guess the sugar sets up a feeling of emptiness what with the insulin and all. I used to grab a hot dog on the road and then have dinner----to be completely truthful, I'd have two hotdogs on buns. Only when I found out how many points was I scarfing down, did I stop that bad habit. Good luck to you! Fitting into those scrubs is a major accomplishment! Weigh to go! :

Am going to my WW's WI this morning. I've been about the same weight for almost a year now. I'm not knocking my loss-----I'm thrilled about it, but now it's time to make the scale move somehow. Now that I don't have to worry about jury duty, I am going to call a new dermatologist to see if he can help me with the hives. They are not awful, but they are still with me. Gotta run! Love hearing from you all.
Judy
234.6/192/170's by Halloween!

Life
Old 10-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #11  

Judy: Your birthday sounds lovely! You have such a wonderful family and that outside game was a blast i'll bet! Good luck at W/I today... I know how you feel so I will just wish you the very best and keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope that you can find a dermatologist that can help, it has to be frustrating for you to go thru that everyday so I hope they can find an answer for you and fast!

Yep, the cost of the meds is not bad at all if they work and we put forth the effort - that is the key - how bad do we want it - I guess that is the key to weight loss too so I will just keep my head down and keep moving forward. The fall weather is here so will try and take the dogs to the park tonight for a small walk while DH watches the Cincinatti Reds play in their first playoff game of the season, he is super excited... <yawn - LOL> I on the other hand will find something else to do

Have a great day!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:27 AM   #12  

Hi Ladies,
Weigh in was 239.8. I keep losing .6 then up .6 and then down for 4 weeks now. I am starting to lose hope. I have also been counting calories the past day or two just trying to change something around to get me going again. I dont know if it will work or not. Just saying a quick hi to everyone.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Everyone has been busy with all their posts, which I love reading.

Life - congrats on getting into smaller pants, that really is a nice feeling.
Hear you about the milkshake - I am like that with chips (my biggest temptation) and no matter how I try and justify the binge with those, it just seems to trigger me into eating bad for a few days. Glad you enjoyed it, counted it and now get back on plan.

Judy - your birthday sounds wonderful, glad you enjoyed yourself.
Good luck at your weigh in!

Princess - glad to hear you are still on track with the smoking. The extra $$ is well spent for your health, so good for you. When I quit one thing that helped was no coffee, tea or alcohol for awhile and instead I drank milk (which I hate & never drink) so would gulp down a glass & I am sure I would have thrown up if I smoked after that. The things we do! Also, it is the not thinking about it that is key after awhile. They say if you can go 21 days without nicotine, then after that it is your mind that craves it & not your body. But for first 21 days, your body is going through withdrawl.
I know I seem kind of obssessed about this, but seriously as I said it is just so hard & I really want you to do well.

My gf is coming for dinner and is making salmon patties, so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #14  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

bandit2~ I've been forcing myself to try different kinds of fish lately, and the only one I can actually stomach is salmon...

CherryAutumn~ Don't lose hope!!! Do you need a ?

Princess1122~ Baseball ... boring... Good luck tonight! I need to quit smoking again as well! I used Chantix last time, which worked, but I'm not sure if my insurance will cover it again...

Itryharder~ Ewww on Jury duty. Good luck with your WI tonight! Your mini softball game sounds like it was a blast!

Feeling much better now! Still down, but MUCH better! The weather unfortunately has taken a dive again and we have rain forecasted for the next couple days. I'm hoping to have some nice clear weather on Friday so I can go for a hike and take some pictures of the fall foliage. I need to start back up with exercise ASAP, but unfortunately have plans that are blocking me from getting any exercise in today.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #15  

Cherry: Good luck with the calorie counting, I am doing that to to try and get myself started... let me know how it works out for you!

Bandit: I agree with everything that you said... totally... I want it very badly this time, being a grandma soon has put a new face on things for me. Keeping busy is key for me for a lot of things in life - LOL - If I am busy then I am usually out of trouble - On that note I will be walking dogs tonight and also raking acorns which we have a ton of this year and the squirrels are not eating them fast enough, some days I think they are ignoring them all together! Love Salmon, I love fish and seafood period, I could forgo meat and eat fish as my protein for the most part it is just so pricey down here and DH does not like it at all. So I save it for when he is away on business... LOL then I eat a ton while he is not a round.

Kim: yep, it is past time for me to quit for good - so here's to the both of us kicking a nasty habit! I have to get back to the gym also... will be starting back this weekend if all goes well! I think baseball is boring too... watching it at a live game is much better then on TV though. My insurance does not pay for Chantix - or any other NSA for that matter - not sure how much sense that makes but that is the way it is.

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-06-2010 at 03:46 PM.