WW Clubs and Groups - #240 Bale of Turtles Meaning It!

View Full Version : #240 Bale of Turtles Meaning It!

Itryharder
10-04-2010, 05:33 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiratation, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
10-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Princess, I was able to make the connection to the calorie calculator. Thanks so much. I think I've been eating too much. Also mega thanks to Bandit for mentioning that she needs 75g. of protein daily. I'm working toward that too. lots of rain here, so I haven't gotten my daily walks in and had better move in some way or the WW WI on Wed. won't be pretty.

Really have to run, but I've got all of you on my mind and in my heart.
JUdy
234.6/192/170's by 9/30 oops, guess I need a new goal LOL

bandit2
10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - Happy Birthday, hope it was great!

Princess - quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have ever done. First time I quit I lasted 2 years then the last time I quit was 12 years ago & I was a pack a day smoker, so it was tough. Even with the patch (which worked)
I still found it tough. So good luck with that - I feel for you. But if you can kick the habit it is soooooooooo worth it.

I had pretty good weekend foodwise. Actually went to movies and didn't have popcorn which was something for me. Afterwards we went & had a salad & coffee. So that was a major accomplishment.

Princess - thanks for the calorie counting site, will check it out.

Just heading out to the weight loss challenge evening, so hoping that goes good.

Hang in there, everyone - you are all doing great!!

Princess1122
10-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Judy: A very Happy Birthday to you! I sure hope that you had a wonderful time on your special day! Yes - I thought I was way over eating also, not figuring points right, etc because it is just not working for me this time around even with the meds. So I am hoping that counting calories will help, at the very least it is something different for a while... LOL - new things capture my attention at least for a little while. I need to increase my protein also, I can start exercising again this week, I just have to be careful because the effects of that last med that I was on can last for months and cause tendon damage, so I will just go slow.

Bandit: It is hard! Ugh, I quit once, a long time ago, for 4 years, then I went to college and most of my class smoked and before I knew it I had started again, there have been many attempts since then to quit - hope this is it for me! Have a great time tonight! Oh yeah, a huge congrats on avoiding the popcorn! That is awesome!

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Susan

Princess1122
10-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all...

Cold here this morning... I fear that winter is on the way rather we want it or not... LOL - although it is supposed to warm up this coming weekend. The leaves are starting to fall so I can get some exercise in while I am raking :dizzy: which is on my weekend list to do.

I am counting calories and writing everything down - DH is starting to count also so we will see how it goes. There is a "Calorie Counters" thread on this site that I have been peeking at to get ideas, recipes, etc.

Have a great day everyone!

life4evr
10-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. So today was my clinical day. Which was fun, alot of standing and walking.

So on the way home I made the conscious effort that I was going to use some of my weekly points. Cause I wanted a milkshake, didn't have the strength to fight the craving today. Anyway got a milkshake. So I haven't had a milkshake since I started this. Well if I had looked those points up before I got that thing. It would have stayed right there. That thing was 13 pts. Which I have to say it was worth it today for me. I don't know how I feel about that one though. But I tracked it.

Hope everyone has a goodnight. Off to study.

ETA I managed to fit back into my scrub pants from a year ago when I first started the program. Not as loose as I would like but I could actually wear them and feel comfortable enough in them.

Princess1122
10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Life4evr: Yeah - hind sight is always 20/20 - LOL - Been there! Oh well, we all make those "milk shake" mistakes at one point or another as long as you enjoyed it and had the points to spare then no harm done. Good job on fitting into your scrubs! I have a whole closet full of clothing that I can not wear but will get into them again at some point, I have faith! Congrats though that is a huge NSV for you!

life4evr
10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
@Princess thanks. Well the milkshake was a bad idea. Cause I am very hungry now. Oh, well now I know for sure. No milkshakes.

Princess1122
10-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Good Morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all!

So - day three of counting calories instead of points - kind of different (more like how you do TBL program really) a bit more work then points but only because I am so used to points - I think.

Went to Sam's Club yesterday after work and picked up a few things, got some Canadian Bacon that is fairly low in calories but higher in protien then other options to put on my Bagel Thin in the morning and maybe it will fill me up more.

Boy oh boy it is sure easy to drop money at Sam's Club... LOL - I only had a handful or so of items in my cart but got to the register and the gal rings me up and says 200 and change... ugh - oh well - just the way it is I guess and I had a pack of nicotine patches in the cart for DH which are super expensive... like $55.00 for a three week supply - but like the Chantix ($150.00 per month) that I am taking it is all worth it if it works - so far so good - DH was real snarky last evening - I just ignored it, kept busy, and went to bed - LOL - when the going gets tough, well, the tough go to bed!

Hope everyone is doing well - TOPS meeting and W/I tomorrow night for me - I have not been there in 2 weeks now and don't expect anything more then a large gain but I am working in the right direction and that is what matters to me :D.

Have a happy day!
Susan

Itryharder
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi Turtles,
Here's :bravo: to all of us! Mrs. Tho and Tessa and KimL and Cherry and the whole gang! You're the best. Let's all get up and out today and face the day and its challenges and make the best of ourselves we can.

My :hb: was great. My son called and he and the grandkids wished me a :hb: and my 9 yr. old granddaughter thought it was a good idea to sing the whole :hb: song to me. So sweet. Then my dh was considerate and good to me, my daughters and their hubbies and grandson showed up with nice gifts. We had such a good time. We ended up playing a mini game of softball in the (very small) backyard here. It was hysterical. Then we played 5 Crowns-----a card game that most ages can play. Had cake, but just a sliver. All in all a wonderful day. Yesterday wasn't wonderful. I had jury duty, was questioned but let go as a juror. It was weird. I ate well at the courthouse, but then home my dd and dh had been shopping, came home hungry and instead of eating something healthy I ate Italian food. No excuse----but eating out before WI just doesn't work and because of my dh's night work schedule we often get take out food right before WI. I've got to have a better plan. This week was fine although unusual and I wouldn't have seen a gain at the scale. Now I will. Ugh.

Princess, weigh to go with the non-smoking! You can do this. :cheer:Every penny for the Chantix and nicotine patches is worth it! Cigarettes have sky-rocketed here and the $ savings alone to say nothing of the health benefits will be great. You can do this! I need a change too. I also need to concentrate on what I'm doing. I think I'll get a few of my books out and see what I can do.

Bandit, weigh to go with seeing a movie out and not having popcorn! That's a great connection to break. All the stats I've seen about movie popcorn are deplorable!!! Let us know how you did at TOPS. :bravo: Also congrats to you on breaking the smoking habit. It's a tough one.

Life4evr, oooh, that milkshake sounds yummy. I haven't had one or a malted in years! It's so weird to me that a food that has so many points also doesn't stay with us as far as being full. I guess the sugar sets up a feeling of emptiness what with the insulin and all. I used to grab a hot dog on the road and then have dinner----to be completely truthful, I'd have two hotdogs on buns. Only when I found out how many points was I scarfing down, did I stop that bad habit. Good luck to you! Fitting into those scrubs is a major accomplishment! Weigh to go! :goodvibes: :bravo:

Am going to my WW's WI this morning. I've been about the same weight for almost a year now. I'm not knocking my loss-----I'm thrilled about it, but now it's time to make the scale move somehow. Now that I don't have to worry about jury duty, I am going to call a new dermatologist to see if he can help me with the hives. They are not awful, but they are still with me. Gotta run! Love hearing from you all.
Judy
234.6/192/170's by Halloween! :cool:

Life

Princess1122
10-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Judy: Your birthday sounds lovely! You have such a wonderful family and that outside game was a blast i'll bet! Good luck at W/I today... I know how you feel so I will just wish you the very best and keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope that you can find a dermatologist that can help, it has to be frustrating for you to go thru that everyday so I hope they can find an answer for you and fast!

Yep, the cost of the meds is not bad at all if they work and we put forth the effort - that is the key - how bad do we want it - I guess that is the key to weight loss too so I will just keep my head down and keep moving forward. The fall weather is here so will try and take the dogs to the park tonight for a small walk while DH watches the Cincinatti Reds play in their first playoff game of the season, he is super excited... <yawn - LOL> I on the other hand will find something else to do :D

Have a great day!

CherryAutumn
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi Ladies,
Weigh in was 239.8. I keep losing .6 then up .6 and then down for 4 weeks now. I am starting to lose hope.:^: I have also been counting calories the past day or two just trying to change something around to get me going again. I dont know if it will work or not. Just saying a quick hi to everyone.:hug:

bandit2
10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Morning, turtles:

Everyone has been busy with all their posts, which I love reading.

Life - congrats on getting into smaller pants, that really is a nice feeling.
Hear you about the milkshake - I am like that with chips (my biggest temptation) and no matter how I try and justify the binge with those, it just seems to trigger me into eating bad for a few days. Glad you enjoyed it, counted it and now get back on plan.

Judy - your birthday sounds wonderful, glad you enjoyed yourself.
Good luck at your weigh in!

Princess - glad to hear you are still on track with the smoking. The extra $$ is well spent for your health, so good for you. When I quit one thing that helped was no coffee, tea or alcohol for awhile and instead I drank milk (which I hate & never drink) so would gulp down a glass & I am sure I would have thrown up if I smoked after that. The things we do! Also, it is the not thinking about it that is key after awhile. They say if you can go 21 days without nicotine, then after that it is your mind that craves it & not your body. But for first 21 days, your body is going through withdrawl.
I know I seem kind of obssessed about this, but seriously as I said it is just so hard & I really want you to do well.

My gf is coming for dinner and is making salmon patties, so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

KimL1214
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
bandit2~ I've been forcing myself to try different kinds of fish lately, and the only one I can actually stomach is salmon...

CherryAutumn~ Don't lose hope!!! Do you need a :kickbutt:?

Princess1122~ Baseball :yawn:... boring... Good luck tonight! I need to quit smoking again as well! I used Chantix last time, which worked, but I'm not sure if my insurance will cover it again...

Itryharder~ Ewww on Jury duty. Good luck with your WI tonight! Your mini softball game sounds like it was a blast!

Feeling much better now! Still down, but MUCH better! The weather unfortunately has taken a dive again and we have rain forecasted for the next couple days. I'm hoping to have some nice clear weather on Friday so I can go for a hike and take some pictures of the fall foliage. I need to start back up with exercise ASAP, but unfortunately have plans that are blocking me from getting any exercise in today.

Princess1122
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Cherry: Good luck with the calorie counting, I am doing that to to try and get myself started... let me know how it works out for you!

Bandit: I agree with everything that you said... totally... I want it very badly this time, being a grandma soon has put a new face on things for me. Keeping busy is key for me for a lot of things in life - LOL - If I am busy then I am usually out of trouble :D - On that note I will be walking dogs tonight and also raking acorns which we have a ton of this year and the squirrels are not eating them fast enough, some days I think they are ignoring them all together! Love Salmon, I love fish and seafood period, I could forgo meat and eat fish as my protein for the most part it is just so pricey down here and DH does not like it at all. So I save it for when he is away on business... LOL then I eat a ton while he is not a round.

Kim: yep, it is past time for me to quit for good - so here's to the both of us kicking a nasty habit! I have to get back to the gym also... will be starting back this weekend if all goes well! I think baseball is boring too... watching it at a live game is much better then on TV though. My insurance does not pay for Chantix - or any other NSA for that matter - not sure how much sense that makes but that is the way it is.

Itryharder
10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, my WI was a little worse than I expected. Up those same........1.6# that I keep bouncing around. I hate to have had so many months go by and not break 190# for good. It's actually loathsome to me now. Today my dh and I walked on the boardwalk. He works Wed. nights, so I bought myself flounder. He's allergic to it so I have to open windows and put on the air filter, etc. etc. so he doesn't smell it when he comes home. I laughed out loud when I saw the price of flounder. Here it is $17.99/pound. Holey Moley am I out of touch! I bought 1/4# and that'll do me.

Cherry, hope is here. You're fine unless you decide to give up. :grouphug: and :love: to you to keep on keepin' on. Get some exercise indoors if necessary to lift your spirits and keep baby steps in mind and you'll be fine. It wasn't too long ago, I bet, that you would have been happy to stop a gain, so take a deep breath and do this.

KimL, that was so nice of you to send a hug to Cherry. Hugs are soooooo nice. Being "down" is so easy. Exercise, even inside, sometimes helps me to get out of a depression. You've got a lot on your plate, but you are really inspiring to me. Keep up the good work. :bravo:

Bandit, I'm still so happy about your giving up the smokes and keeping away from them. When I read what you did to give them up, and the determination you showed, I realized that was what I need to do to get a true weight loss again. After I leave the computer, I'm going to make out a list of menus through MOnday, a holiday here and my dgrandson's :hb:
I'll need it because we'll have the kids in for an overnight a few nights and eating can definitely get crazy-----especially around birthdays. Hve fun with your friend---dinner sounds great. :chef:

Gotta run and do what I said. You all keep on keepin' on. Keep giving ideas for new starts, recipes, etc. because it's helpful and I know how much we all want to make this time count!!!!!
Judy
234.6/193.6/170's by Halloween :cool:

KimL1214
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm a little fired up right now, but all I'm going to say is...

CherryAutumn~
I just wanted to make sure that you know I was just using sarcasm to try and give you a laugh in my last post on "Turtles." I realize now that it was insensitive and I apologize if you took offense to it. My first inclination is to jump to my defense as I have been in a low place often and often need a push rather then a hug. I did not mean to offend or hurt your feelings in any way if I did.
Sorry again,
~Kim

Princess1122
10-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to you all.

We are supposed to get very warm here this afternoon so it will be a great day to get my yard work done after work today - yep - the very same yard work that I have been putting off for a very long time - LOL. W/I tonight and my TOPS meeting - I am just not even going to worry about the number on the scale since I already know it is going to be bad - instead I will focus on moving forward.

Something that I realized since counting calories instead of points. When counting points you do pay attention to the calories but the fiber tends to lessen the amount of the points. However when I am looking at calories now they are just that... period... calories that I have to write down and account for. I pay much more attention now... LOL!

Judy: I'm sorry your W/I was rough... sounds like you have a plan though, and I have faith in you! Flounder! Oh I love flounder and used to have it all the time when I lived on the east coast, here not so much - if fact I don't think ever since I came to the midwest. I sure hope you enjoyed it!

Bandit: Good luck at W/I tonight! I agree with Judy - you did great when you quit smoking and really let your will power kick in and get you where you wanted to go! Great job, you are an inspiration to me! The side effects of the Chantix are starting to lessen a bit although by the end of the day I am exhausted and go to bed early and sleep pretty soundly so that is a positive really since I have had trouble sleeping for years!

Cherry: How are you doing? I agree with Judy - just don't give up and that is half the battle, I hope you have a great day!

Kim: How are you doing? Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Tessa: How is it going in your neck of the woods? Are you back to Zumba yet?

Peanut: What is new with you?

MrsTHO: How are you doing? Hope you get a chance to check in and give an update on your progress!

I hope I didn't miss anyone! Have a great day all!
Susan

KimL1214
10-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Susan~ That stinks that your insurance won't cover Chantix! I tried a new WW Pot Roast recipe which was SUPER easy, and extra delicious! I'm actually cutting up all the veggies tonight so I can throw it in the slow cooker tomorrow morning!

Itryharder~ Sorry to hear your weigh in didn't go well. That's CRAZY that flounder costs so much!!!

The weather here is awful again today and the kids are really starting to act up. To top it off we have NECAP testing all week, so they have to test for 3 hours every morning (it's complete BS if you ask me). I'm working with special needs students this year and they're also required to take the tests... why? If you can't tell, I am very much against standardized testing as I think many teachers are. Kids learn in different ways and all test well in different situations, why do we force them to all take these tests the SAME way when we know that many will fall flat on their faces? What benefit is there to making an autistic student sit for 90 minutes at a stretch with no help on the tests?
Sorry, mini rant.
One of my co-workers is joining the same gym as me and has asked me to help her with weight lifting stuff. I'm excited about going to the gym finally!

CherryAutumn
10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Kim- No offense was taken. Some times i do need a kick in the pants.:)

I am not really up to writing responses to everyone today. I am sorry. I am having a lot of face pain right now. I have problems with my jaw sometimes but it is either that or a tooth causing trouble.

Itryharder
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi Turtles,
Hey, I think we all know this is a friendly site where we offer encouragement to all the Turtles.
Cherry, if it's too much to write to all of us, I get it! Don't give it a second thought. Just chime in when you can. In the meantime, you are 13#, yes--13#, less than you were. Under your circumstances, or anybody's circumstances, I think that's great. You keep on keepin' on and you'll be fine.

Peanutt, I'm interested in how you're doing too. You've had a lovely weight loss.

I went online with another site here-----perhaps you caught it----for people who used WW selections from the "old days". It gave me a better idea of how much I should be eating of different types of foods----I tend to eat waaaaaaay to much bread even if it is whole wheat or high fiber. Yesterday dh and I walked at the :beach: and my food was very low in points. Princess, :chef: the flounder was delicious even though each bite was about $0.75 LOL. Today I got to Trader Joe's to buy more veggies--stocked up on foods I'm not crazy about like broccoli and brussels sprouts because they are in microwave bags----no fuss, no muss. I also bought peeled enaname beans and they are okay. I probably shouldn't eat too many of them because I don't need any more estrogen, thank you very much, but I was hoping my dh would like them. Not!

Okay, I'm just blathering here. I mowed the lawn and am getting ready to go for a walk. I have got to get this next ten pounds off. Wish me luck!
Good luck to us all. Have a great weekend just in case I can't get back here. By the way, I've planned and bought food for four crock pot meals starting with Friday. It's going to be a hectic weekend and I do not want to eat take out meals. If I have these dishes in the crock pot, I can eat them and if the rest of the family wants to have take out, well-----that's okay too. As long as I have something yummy and healthy, I should be fine.
Judy
234.6/193.6/170's by Halloween :cool:

bandit2
10-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Good afternoon, turtles:

Princess - the weather up here is wonderful as well and suppose to stay that way throughout the long weekend - hope you tackle your yard work. That is such on ongoing thing, always something to do out there. Good luck tonight at your weigh in.

Kim - Nice you are back at the gym and can help your friend as well. Might be more motivation to get there when you have company. Too bad about your weather.

Cherry - hope you are feeling better.

Judy - good idea having crockpot meals on hand and great you are getting in some walks. That has got to help with weight loss. Your flounder sounds good, but sooooooooo expensive - hope you enjoyed it.

Tessa/Peanut/Mrs T - Hope you are all doing well.

I have my weigh in tonight then off to bowl with my ladies group. Hoping to get more yard work done tomorrow & enjoy weekend. On my lunch hour, I bought some pretty potted mums to put on my porches, so that should give the place some colour.

Having our turkey dinner on Sunday, so looking forward to dd being home.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Itryharder
10-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian Turtles! Happy Turkey Day.
Judy

Princess1122
10-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Love Fridays!

As Judy says - Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian Turtles!

W/I was as bad as I feared it would be up 5.4 lbs! Oh well, as I said before - I am moving forward not looking backwards.

I will have to check back in later... have morning meetings that I need to get ready for. Have a great day all!

bandit2
10-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Morning, turtles:

Thanks for Thanksgiving shout out! Another challenge for us to get through.
Oh well, holidays are fun and I am cooking the dinner so have control over things. But, as you know you still have to everyones favorites.

Princess - too bad about your gain, but you are looking & going forward so that is positive.

I was down .25# & thought it would be abit more. But, maybe the wine from night before didn't help. I walked 8 miles last week but I did have a nice drop week before. I know my pattern was every 3rd week nice drop, then few small ones in between. But, not complaining Down is down & I will take it and be thankful.

It is absolutely gorgeous sunny day so my plan is to tackle my back yard.

Have a great weekend & remember to drink some extra water!

CherryAutumn
10-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Sometimes i get overwhelmed by all the people i should respond to. Everyone is so encouraging. Keep up the posting and i will keep on reading.
Hello to everyone i can think of - Princess, Judy , bandit, kim, LinS, life4evr (sorry if i forgot someone)

Itryharder
10-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Princess, it's okay. You were expecting a weight gain and you're on the right track now. It's interesting how often we need to switch "programs" to tackle the weight loss stuff.
My friend Grace who lost over 230# on WW 15years ago and has kept it off changes things up all the time. Now she's on a zero point veggie quest. She had her family in for dinner. She made spaghetti squash and topped it with 1/2c of pasta and sauce. It looked huge (not like the small amount of pasta looks) and she enjoyed the dish-----more importantly as the rest of the family was eating, she still had food to eat. Very smart. Addresses a lot of sorespots.

Also, my leader mentioned that she does positive thinking in this way. Does she think of herself as deprived if she doesn't eat ice cream or potato chips? She tries to think of it this way.......I'll be deprived of fitting comfortably into my jeans if I do eat those foods. I'll be deprived of my self-esteem and good image. That's the deprivation she doesn't want to deal with and it's worth it to her to eat healthier to maintain that.

Cherry, keep reading. You're doing great! :grouphug:

I'm learning for myself to not expect perfection, but to do the best I can. Sometimes I get lax and the weight comes right back at me. Not fun, especially since I have a long way to go to reach my goal. That's why I'm setting up short term goals for myself. I am determined to get there!

Yesterday was a crazy day. Remember the first crock pot meal I had all ready to eat for Friday? I spent the night at my dd's to get my dgrandson to school in the morning. They needed the help and I could do it. Well, as we were getting everything ready in the house, my dd came back to the house. She had had a minor auto accident, but one tire was flat and the other one losing air. It was a crazy moment of her dh having her take his car, he and his friend who were heading to NYC for an art expo they were exhibiting in took his car instead, and I was able to use my car get dgrandson to school. Then I told the kids I'd take care of the car and I did. Thank goodness for AAA. I called and they put the donut on the car in minutes. Then I headed to a Firestone store and they put the tires on the car. In the meantime, I had started laundry for my daughter, shopped for a lightweight jacket for my dgrandson, and stopped at a deli for a turkey sandwich on whole wheat, no mayo, yes tomato and lettuce. Ate half with a Diet Coke and kept on program! Yay for me.
Back home, dh forgot to put my ceramic dish into the crockpot so the nice pork chop/acorn squash and onion feast I was thinking about sat nice and cold and snug in the refrigerator uncooked! Too funny. When dd came home she and I decided to treat ourselves to home delivery and we found two veggie dishes that we split. Yummy----still on program----and we didn't have to cook. Exhausting day for all of us! And today they are all coming out and we're going pumpkin picking and the crockpot will be simmering away with that dish. I'm going to microwave the Brussels Sprouts in a bag and I may make some sweet potatoes to round out the meal. Sounds good! I think I'll make some Diet Jello too. It's always nice to have a sweet when the kids are here and that's a cheap and harmless sweet.
Are you still reading? That's my adventures for the day!

Bandit, 1/4#down is still something! And yes, it's so important to know our losing patterns. When I was young, I'd lose 7# in one week and then not lose an ounce for the rest of the month! It was so weird, and yet I did that, month after month until I had lost 65#. Of course I was much younger then and the eating program was very strict. It would not be something I"d like to try now, but I know that I have to tighten everything up and so far this week, I'm doing that.
Happy Thanksgiving again Bandit! And I think it's great that you walked 8miles last week. Weigh to go!

Here's to success for all of us!
Love,
Judy
234.6/193.6?/170's by Halloween :cool:

bandit2
10-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi turtles - Still gorgeous up here and nice for us to celebrate our holiday in perfect fall weather.

Judy - wow, such a whirlwind day for you and to keep on track with all that going on is awesome. I love my crockpot and use it often (even in summer)
Tomorrow a.m. I am going to make french onion soup in crockpot, so will let you know how that turns out - first time trying it. I will have that on hand before our big meal.

Cherry - you are doing great, so keep it going!

Last night I was with my cousin and we stopped in Walmart so she could pick up a few things & she put a package of big muffins in cart and I was looking at nutritional info and almost fell over reading it. There were 3 different types of muffins in package and the bran one was 570 calories per muffin,
the carrot type was 650 calories and the lemom poppy was 780 calories - well, I just could not believe this. I pointed this out and she was abit mad and said it was a treat. Really, did anyone think that 1 mufiin could have so many calories? Grant you they are big but still.

Anyway, hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

Princess1122
10-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Hello everyone and happy Saturday to you all!

Yard work done... check, garage cleaned... check, on plan and still not smoking... double check!

Like Bandit we are having beautiful weather here, just incrediable really. DH and I are making plans for a weekend soon to drive down to a county in Southern Indiana where the leaves are beautiful and there are small towns to shop in and have lunch. Should be fun!

Tonight DH and I are going to use some of my gift cards that I got for my birthday to go to a movie and have a bite to eat out, maybe take a drive.

Judy: Wow - that was a day and a half for you but you did sooo good! Great job and how wonderful of you to help out when things were going nuts with your family.

Bandit: Congrats on your loss, I am truly happy for you! I agree with you about the muffins... since I have actually started counting calories it is crazy how high the count is on so many of the prepared items.

Cherry: Keep stopping by when ever you can, I know that doing posts for each of us it a big job so just post when and what you can and keep going, you are doing great!

All: Have a great weekend!
Susan

peanutt
10-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Hello Turtles!

Thanks for asking about me! I haven't had much time on here lately, between work and a new evening class I'm taking and getting ready for Thanksgiving here.

I weighed in this morning (before the turkey and stuffing hit the table) and I'm down to 244lbs. That means that I'm at exactly 25lbs lost! :cloud9: I had to buy some new pants because the old ones were literally falling off. Luckily I found a great sale on jeans, so I was able to pick up two pairs for only $40 (seems so silly to be spending money on clothes that I'm not planning on wearing very long). I'm wearing a 20 now (instead of a 22-24) and they're comfortable and roomy. Just for funsies I tried on the 18s and I could do them up, but they were too tight! :D

I've got a good plan in place for Thanksgiving. I've adapted some family favourite recipes to be more diet-friendly and hope that they go over well. The selection of veggies at the farmers' market today was AMAZING so I'm doing up a huge pan of roasted veggies with herbs and garlic.

Hope everyone has another great week ahead of them. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

life4evr
10-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Hope everyone is doing well. I am just popping in to say hi. I can admit I am off the plan. Alot of issues going on right now. Family member is sick :(. So between school and back and forth I just dont have the energy to think. But glad everyone is doing well.

Princess1122
10-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!

Peanut: You sound super busy and best wishes with your recipes and the holiday! Can you tell me how you roast your veggies? I love them but have never been able to do then successfully... so any tips would be great!

CherryAutumn
10-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh Peanutt I think i forgot you when i said Hi to everyone. I am so sorry. You are the closest to my weight i think. Right now i am riding around the 240 mark.

Life4evr- Sorry to hear that a family member is sick. Just try to keep on keepin on.

Hi to all the other ladies. Everyone seems to be doing good.

I am still not making any progress really and i really need to just get things into gear.

peanutt
10-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!

Peanut: You sound super busy and best wishes with your recipes and the holiday! Can you tell me how you roast your veggies? I love them but have never been able to do then successfully... so any tips would be great!

I've had the best success with roasting veggies doing this: pre-heat the oven to 450F with the pan inside. Toss the veggies with olive oil and seasonings in a big bowl. When the oven is hot, I take the pan out and pour a bit of any excess oil from the tossing bowl on to the pan and put it back in the oven for a minute to heat up before adding the veggies.

KimL1214
10-11-2010, 04:11 PM
peanutt~ Thank you for posting how you roast your veggies, I'm going to try that this week!!! Congrats on 25lbs.!!!

CherryAutumn~ How are you feeling? Do you have anything planned out to help jump start you back into gear?

life4evr~ :hug: Sorry to hear about your family member :hug:

Princess1122~ Great job not smoking!!! Did you see any beautiful scenery this weekend?

bandit2~ My parents and I used to go to Costco's every couple of weeks when I was a kid, and we would always get the apple crumb muffins... 920 calories EACH. Ugh.

Itryharder~ WOW! Sounds like some serious craziness! How is everything now?

I am exhausted right now, and only half way through my day! School is over, but I have to work at the restaurant tonight which will be INSANE!!! We have had a TON of leaf peepers coming in, plus it's parents weekend at the college, so I have been running my butt off at work. The weather has been beautiful, the trees AMAZING, and I will finally get a chance to enjoy it tomorrow afternoon! A co-worker and I are hiking one of the local mountains to get some good pics before all the leaves fall.
On a interesting side note...
I joined AmeriCorps last week, which was part of the reason I was missing at the end of the week. I've put in all kinds of applications and am just awaiting on a response!!!

Princess1122
10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Hi Everyone and happy Monday to you all!

Another beautiful day here... I have the day off since the offices are closed due to the Columbus Day holiday and also huge IT upgrades. I got some chores and errands done and will get supper started soon.

Yesterday DH and I took the dogs to the state park and walked around, we all had a great time... we just chugged along, did not run a marathon or even keep a fast pace but we sure enjoyed it.

Still on plan and not smoking! Yeah.

Life4evr: I totally understand where you are, I truly do and have been there a few times myself - please let me know if there is anything that you need - we are all here to help!

Peanut: Thanks for the recipe! I will be roasting some up for supper sometime this week... about how long do you roast them for? Have a great day!

Kim: You sound super busy! Wow... I hope you manage to get a few minutes of rest and relaxation!

Cherry: How are things going for you?

Bandit: How are you doing? I'll bet you have fantastic colors up your way with the fall season here. How was your holiday?

Judy: How are you doing? Did you have a good weekend?

Tessa: What is new with you?

peanutt
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Hey guys - just wanted to pop in and share more details about the roasted veggies. I really hit on a winning combo tonight. Here's the best I can come up with for a recipe considering I improvise so much (remember I was making for Thanksgiving crowd). Hope you enjoy it!

1 acorn squash, peeled and cubed
1 medium yam, peeled and cubed
3 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
4 small carrots, cut into chunks
1 medium parsnip, peeled and cubed
1 cup of grape tomatoes, whole

Preheat oven to 475F with baking pan inside to preheat. Combine all veggies in a large bowl. Toss with 6 teaspoons of olive oil to coat. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, rosemary and fennel seed to taste. Add to the hot baking pan. Bake for approximately 40 minutes (or until all veggies are tender), stirring half way through.

I roughly worked this recipe out to 12 points for the whole pan. It filled my 9x13 cake pan.

Thanksgiving was very successful. My mom was insistent on bringing pie and buns which really added to the point total. Aside from those two items, my Thanksgiving dinner only totaled 13.5 points. My plate was heavy on the veggies (roasted above and a cold cucumber and tomato mix tossed with greek yogurt and dill), I avoided the gravy and kept small portions of mashed potatoes and stuffing. The WW-friendly crock pot stuffing was also quite successful. I'd say that it tasted nearly the same as the old version, but with a quarter of the points.

Princess - Nice work on staying on plan and off smoking!

Princess1122
10-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! I hope that all of our Canadian Turtles had a wonderful holiday weekend!

The weekend was very nice here, weather was beautiful and I felt like I got lots of chores done. I also managed to make it to my knitting group which is always fun.

Peanut: thanks for the recipe... I am going to try that and see how it works out. It sounds fantastic though and congrats for doing so good on a holiday menu!

bandit2
10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - nice job on all the work you have been getting done around the house and kudos on the not smoking!!

Peanutt - WOW, congrats on your weight loss, that is super! Also thanks for reminding me of the roasted veggies, I really like those and there are so many nice combos to try.

Life - try and get back on plan as soon as you are up to it.

CHerry - hang in there, hope you are doing better.

Kim - how as your mountain hike, sounds like it would be gorgeous! Good luck with AmeriCorps.

Well, I got through the holiday and enjoyed it very much. Had more wine and goodies than I should have, but this a.m. before I left for work I took out the leftover blueberry & pumpkin pies for the squirrels. I saved 1 small piece of the blueberry for dessert tonight, then thats it. Usually my dd takes pie home, but she said she didn't need it either. I made lots of veggies with my turkey so will be having leftovers for the next few evenings.
Also got my fridge/freezer cleaned out at trailer since it will be winterized this week. Have to go back this weekend and deal with cupboard food.
But overall, great weekend.

Now, time to get back on track and lose some more weight.

Have a great day!

Itryharder
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
It's so great to have so many turtles chiming in with good ideas, etc. :cheers: to us all!

Life4evr, I'm sorry you have a family member who is sick. We are all pulling for you. :goodvibes: Yes, like the other gals I'd like to offer support and some small ideas to help stay on track if you'd like. In any case, here's a :grouphug:

Cherry, keep on visiting and remembering baby steps. Sometimes things seems overwhelming and then that's when it helps me to take a deep breath and fake it till I make it. I'm so often embarassed by how long it's taking me to lose weight----my losses and false starts and gains drive me up a wall. But I know that without my WW group and without the Turtles, I'd be up many many pounds and devaluing myself. So here's a :hug: to get you through.

Peanutt, the recipe for roasted vegetables is great. I really admire how you planned your Thanksgiving as far as points and did the right thing for yourself! Weigh to go! :chef: :bravo:

KimL, Vermont leaves----sounds so romantic. You are so busy with working in the restaurant and at school. Glad to hear you're giving AmeriCorps a try. Let us know more as things progress. :cheer:

Princess, state park and DH and dogs sounds terrific. You packed so much into your weekend. Glad you got back to your knitting group and also are on program and are smoke-free! Weigh to go. Isn't it wonderful how you can pull yourself up and do it! I am so impressed. :bravo:

Tessa, how are you doing?

And Mrs. Tho, chime in when you can.

Bandit, Glad your Thanksgiving was so nice. Yummy, blueberry pie sounds scrumptious, but it's so smart to throw out the leftovers. They just don't do us any good. Glad you had such a great weekend and that you're ready to lose more weight.

I've been reading the guesses about the new program WW is coming out with. Here in NY, it'll be Dec.1st. I think it will emphasize filling foods since my WW leader has been pushing them and de-emphasizing the processed foods including bred. Well, I'll have to wait and see.
The crazy day just led to a crazy, but good, weekend. It was my grandson's 6th. birthday. :hb: We all went pumpkin picking on Sat., then had more family fun on Sunday. I had made crockpot dishes and even though no one else wanted them, I had pointed out foods to eat and I felt much better about that. Monday morning I woke up and was dizzy, so my dh ended up driving me to my dd's house to celebrate our grandson's birthday on his real day. Then he drove me home again. Very sweet of him. I figured out I was dizzy because of allergies and have taken some stuff to clear out. Got to podiatrist and hairdresser today and was able to drive without any trouble. Yay. Topmorrow is my WW WI, so I've got my fingers crossed. Can't sabotage myself tonight the way I have been doing the last couple of weeks.
Okay, gotta run-----We're doing great. Everyone, Keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234/6193.6/170's by Halloween.

life4evr
10-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Too many folks for me to go individually so thanks for the well wishes. I am always taking tips. Things are starting to settle down a little bit around here.

Princess1122
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Good morning and a very happy Wednesday to you all!

We are supposed to get some rain here today, keeping my fingers crossed that we do, it is very dry here and there have been "no burn/open flame" warnings out for weeks now... this is the time of year that DH and I love to have a fire in the fire pit and just hang out in the evenings so we are missing that and eager for it to rain so that the bans will lift.

Weight is not budging, even with counting calories and the walking. Will keep on chugging and just try harder. DH and I took the dogs to the small park last evening for a quick walk, not far but it was something and we splurged and had supper at Subway which for me is an easy way to control my food.

Judy: Sounds like you are doing well, I am glad to hear it and I will keep my fingers crossed that it continues to get better!

Bandit: Sounds like you had a nice holiday! Great job throwing the leftovers out for the squirrels! I have tried that in the past with a few leftover items and our squirrels have turned their noses up at most everything except for the nuts... even the veggies they did not show interest in - not sure what thier issue is. The Chantix is really working with allowing me to move through the day with out hardly a thought to smoking so it is working - just having lots of side effects with it so I am eager to get off of it but still have at least two more months that I have to take it.

Life4evr: Glad to see you stopping by - I have very few words of wisdom for you but hang in there - I do know that in the past when things have gotten tough for me taking a quick walk around outside to clear my head has helped, also a nap if you are able to, or pick up a book or some other hobby - I know that for me keeping busy helps even if it is to go and clean the bathroom it takes my mind off of things for a little while.

I have to run - busy day ahead!
Susan

CherryAutumn
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Weigh-in 239.8 again. In all honesty i am not working the program or any program for that matter.

bandit2
10-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Morning turtles:

Well, my car window was frosted up this a.m. but now it is nice and sunny, on the cool side but good.

Judy - hope you are feeling better and good luck at your weigh in. Like you, I feel sometimes I have been on this journey forever but if I wasn't I am sure I would be much heavier. So, keep at it - you are doing great!

Princess - so glad the Chantix is working for you, once you get through this you will be thankful to have kicked it for good.

All - Sometimes when I feel stressed or burnt out I find having a nice hot bubble bath really helps & also a brisk walk seems to clear my head, or sometimes just calling up a friend and venting. Whatever you find comfort in - go to that place when you need to.

Hope we all have a successful week!

Itryharder
10-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Cherry, think about it this way. You are maintaining even though you aren't on program. This may not be the success you're hoping for, but it is a success nonetheless. I hope things fall into place for you soon and you get the results you want. :love: :grouphug:

Princess, I know if you keep with what you're doing, you'll see a weight change on the scale soon. :goodscale: It has to happen. If I remember, you'll go a week or two without a good loss and then you'll lose more than 2# the next week. Am I right? Sending :goodvibes: and :bravo: Stopping smoking is fabulous and the weight loss will happen too. I know it's disappointing, but you'll see a nice loss next week.

Bandit, such nice comments. Thanks! Yeah, sometimes a hot bath is exactly what we need. :cheers:

I had a nice WW WI and am still annoyed at myself. If I had worked harder last week I would not have gained the 1.6# and would be in the 180's again. Instead I gained last week, see-saw style, and this week I worked so hard and lost 1.8# and am still 191.8# If I work extremely hard this week, I could break into 180's and I am determined to do so. It'll take a lot of planning since we've got another busy weekend ahead again. Got back on the boardwalk after almost a week away from it!
Okay, gotta run----you all take care. I'm thinking of all of you!
Judy
234.6/191.8/170's by Halloween :cool:

Princess1122
10-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Cherry: I know how you feel... but pick a little something and work at it... the rest will come.

Judy: congrats on the loss, that is really good even if it is not as low as you had hoped, you are doing great!

Bandit: I agree! A BIG OLD BUBBLY BATH makes the world a much better place! And once I get my new bathroom in I plan to start taking them on a regular basis! They will start ours next week I think - I am so excited!

Princess1122
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday!

Not much new here with me really ... not sure if I will make it to W/I tonight as I have to wait for a Washing machine repairman to come and fix our washer, we are his last stop of the day so it is hard to say when we will be done.

DH and I are going to go apple picking this weekend so that should be fun. We are going to DS's house on Sunday so the weekend will be full.

They are starting our bathroom remodel next week, very excited about that, not so excited about the part that we will not have a bathroom for two weeks but looking forward to that finished product!

Good luck to Bandit on her W/I tonight!

Have a great day all!

bandit2
10-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Morning, turtles:

Rainy day up here, but suppose to be nice again for the weekend.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss, that is a fabulous loss!

Princess - a new bathroom will be really nice, that is a big project - hope you get through it without too much stress, but afterwards you can unwind in the luxury of a new one. Hope you make it to your meeting - I find staying on track easier when I go to my meetings.

Cherry - hope you are handling things best you can

Everyone else - hope you are having success with your weight loss, exercise and making better choices each time we are faced with temptation.

As for myself, weigh in tonight & hoping for some kind of loss at scales (even though we just got through Thanksgiving weekend)
My gf is coming today and staying for 1 week in between closing her trailer & heading to Florida for 6 months. So I am taking a few days off next week to spend with her so that should be fun. She is basically healthy eater & we will try some new recipes. So looking forward to that.

Have a great day.

alliez
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Hello Everyone! Do you mind if I join your group? My name is Allison and I am a teacher in Nebraska. My month old niece and 16 month old nephew are my life! I also LOVE Husker Football. Honestly, love may be an understatement! I love playing softball and volleyball and watching sports in general.

This is my my final attempt at WW. I have done it before, but have never gotten to my goal. This time, I WILL! I teach high school computers so my stress level tends to run on the high side, my seniors have had senioritis since the first day of school so it has been a trying year. I started back on WW on 9/14 and so far have lost 5.4lbs. My big change this time around has been the exercising. I have been aiming for walking 20 miles per week and so far have missed that goal two weeks, one week by 5 miles and another week by 2. Overall, I know the exercising has been the kicker this time. I am only down 5lbs, but i have dropped a pants size already and and can really tell that that I am losing inches!

My biggest weakness with WW is beer. I am 28 and spend the majority of the weekend with my group of friends watching football or going out. I try to limit my in take and manage by points if I know what we will be doing something.

I am excited to have another support group!

CherryAutumn
10-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Welcome Alliez. Sounds like you have been busy. Great that you have gotten in so much walking each week.

Judy - What you say is true. It is just hard to think that way sometimes. I am just going to keep trying.

Rest of Turtles - Hi! Thanks for all the good advice and encouragement.

Itryharder
10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
:welcome3: to Alliez! Glad to have you with us. Glad you told us a bit about yourself. You'll find that this is a great group of supportive gals. Here's :bravo: to you on setting sights on making goal with WW.

Cherry, keep on keepin on. You're doing great! :cheer:

Princess, I'm so happy for you that you'll have a new bathroom soon. It was worth putting the money aside and although the week it'll take to finish up will be inconvenient, those long hot bubble baths will be worth everything! Good luck with your weight this week. I feel this week will be the one where your weight shifts in the right direction. :goodscale:

Bandit, have a good WI at TOPS. Taking some time off to spend with a friend sounds so good. Enjoy yourself. Yeah, I feel it's time for me to lose more weight too. Let's all do it!

Had a weird day. Two doctors' appointments/one to get more input about the hives and one for my dh. He had a couple more skin thingies removed. Never fun, but we can manage that. Then a bunch of not so pleasant things in the mail, a weird phone call, and all sorts of things that I needed to relax from. Next time I have to fight the food a little better. Nothing too drastic, but I could have done better. Tomorrow's another day.

Gotta run, just wanted to say hi.
How are you guys doing? :bravo: and :cheer: to us all!

Judy
234.6/191.8/170's by Halloween :cool:

life4evr
10-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi. Hope everyone is doing well. I tried counting again the other day. It went so so. So tomorrow I am back on the plan. At least with the eating part of it. I make no promises about the exercise part, going to try that also.

peanutt
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey everyone!

Welcome Alliez! :welcome2: Beer is one of my weaknesses too! I've discovered that Stella Artois Light is a good anytime beer and is only 2 points per bottle. That's a treat that I can definitely fit into my plan, even if I have a couple on a night out with friends.

I hadn't been following along because I forgot to subscribe to the thread so it would e-mail me when new replies were posted. Oops! :o

:hug: and :cheer: to all who are needing encouragement.

:bravo: to all who are maintaining or lowering their numbers on the scale!

This week is shaping up well for me. I should hit my 10% goal this week. I've upped my weight training to 3 days this week and my body is feeling a little tired today.

Sounds like we all could use a nice hot bubble bath to relax and unwind!

Happy Friday!

Itryharder
10-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Peanutt, weigh to go! You're doing great. :bravo: :goodscale: :dancer: :carrot: :balloons:

Life4ever, I :love: that you tried counting points the other day. Going so so is soooooooooo much better than giving up. Weigh to go! :cheer: and :cheers:

I'm doing fine today. It took 5 hours to entangle the "weirdness" of mail and phone calls from yesterday but as of this very moment everything is taken care of. I won't say that too loud because I don't want to have to handle much of anything else. Food is good. Know what is so strange? Remember I made a couple of crockpot dishes for last weekend? Well, I bought and cooked a huge spaghetti squash. I've been nuking portions of that and topping it either with the chicken or pork dish I made. When I weighed the pork chops they were under 3oz. cooked, so not a lot of meat which was good. To make a short story even longer, I had instant dinners and lunches in my fridge----squash topped with the other foods. No preparation and no fuss and pretty tasty! it worked for me this week since this has been such a busy one. Gotta run and relax. Went to storage shed to get Halloween decoration and plan to get them up today and tomorrow. Yay! Our Halloween party is shaping up. I'm going as Amelia Erhart and my dh is going as my baggage!!!!!! How funny is that?
Have a great on program weekend.
judy
234.6/191.6/170's by Halloween :cool:

life4evr
10-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. So through all the crazyness I managed to lose a tiny bit of weight 0.6 lbs. I never thought I would be happy to see a number under a pound.

Things still haven't settled down around here but my eating is halfway back on track.

Princess1122
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all!

Super busy weekend here... got to both my knitting classs and group, went to a cycling class with DH, and met up with the kids for a late Sunday breakfast so all in all it was a very busy weekend. DH and I went to a apple orchard to do some apple picking - they had a country store that had fresh picked apples in also so we just did that instead of picking our own - it was fun and a beautiful day to do it... sigh, but Monday is here and the weekend gone way to fast!

Did not make it to W/I as the appliance repair person did not get there till late - replaced the part and charged me 350.00 only to leave and when I went to start a load of laundry the machine has the same problem as before the repair man was there... ugh! Very frustrating.

Judy: Best wishes for a successful party! It sounds like it will be a blast!

Bandit: How was your weekend?

Life4evr: Congrats on the .6 - fabulous!

Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
10-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Life4evr, losing weight during crazy times is :bravo: and cause to :dance:
:goodscale: to you. Crazy times could pack on 4# easy in a week. Weigh to go!

Had a bout of sadness yesterday and need to remember to get out my lightbox with the days getting shorter. Lots going on here, but it's almost all good or at least solvable, so that's a good thing.

Princess, have they started your bathroom yet?

Bandit, how did your weekend go?

All the Turtles, how are you doing? :cheer: and :cheers: and :grouphug: to us all.
Judy :cool:

Itryharder
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Princess, you and I posted at the same time. Sorry about your washing machine/repair or not repair. Ugh is right. That's a huge amount of money, and then to not have it work is not fun. Glad you had such a good weekend.
Mine was good too. It was fun to see grandson and his friends bouncing and sliding around. They played for a full hour straight. What energy!
Judy

KimL1214
10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Itryharder~ Sorry to hear you were feeling down yesterday :hug: I love your Halloween costume! Especially that your DH is going as your baggage!

Princess1122~ Sounds like you had a great weekend! Sorry to hear about your washer and dryer...

life4evr~ Congrats on 0.6! You should be very proud that you were able to lose even with things a little crazy right now!

peanutt~ How are you feeling today? 10%! Let us know when you reach it, I'm super excited for you!!!

CherryAutumn~ :wave:

alliez~ I'm a beer lover as well! One thing I do is bring a water bottle with me. For every beer I drink, I have to drink one water bottle (16oz.). Fills me up pretty quick and limits my beer intake.

bandit2~ How did your WI go? Did you have fun with your gf? The mountain hike was BEAUTIFUL, but of course my camera batteries died at the top... so no pics :(

I hadn't realized that it had been so long since I was able to respond to everyone!!! This past week has been chaos with working 70-80 hours, Court, and AmeriCorps. Unfortunately the court piece has canceled AmeriCorps as I have been appointed a foster parent for my friends 3-year-old until all this madness ends. I don't have any kids... so I'm in for a very crazy education... I'm currently in the process of letting all the places I applied to know that I have to postpone my leaving date until sometime next summer.
Food wise, I'm trying vegetarian still until the 29th (I'm going to Plattsburgh, NY with both my sisters, and I know better then to even try...) I've also cut as much carbs from my diet as possible, which is REALLY HARD. Cutting out meat is one thing, but also cutting out all breads, pasta, etc. is another... Successful so far though!
Happy Monday everyone!

Itryharder
10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
KimL, you're an inspiration! God love you.
Judy

bandit2
10-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi turtles:

Alliez - welcome to our group. Nice job on all that walking, good for you!

Judy - I love spag squash - so versatile. I usually have it with meat sauce and it is so good. You should get some laughs with your halloween costume - that is really funny & your dh must have a great sense of humour, good for him. Hope you are feeling better today.

Cherry - hope you are doing well.

Life - Glad you are back on plan.

Peanutt - Good luck with your 10%, awesome.

Princess - Sounds like you had a busy weekend and too bad about the washer. That is just wrong for that to happen.

Kim - Hope you are coping with all that is going on. Your food plan sounds impossible to stick with, I don't have that much willpower.

I "turtled" at my weigh in on Thurs so was glad not to be up after the holiday.
My gf has been at my place since last Thurs and that has been fun - we have
walked every day, either at the center or on walking trail at lake. Menus have been fine since she is basically healthy eater, so that helps.
Went to Tops rally on Sat during the day and that was very motivating and I got a button for having 6 weeks no gain, so that was nice to be recognized along with others.

I am working today, then will be off rest of week & my gf leaves this Friday for Florida, so we will have lots of time to spend together before she leaves.

All - have a great week!

Itryharder
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi turtles,
Somehow we have gotten very long. I'll see you all at thread #241 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On.
Judy

alliez
10-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey everyone! WI tonight, I have thought to myself several times today that I am going to skip b/c I know I gained. I really got off track this week eating out. I did do a lot of walking so I can only imagine what it would of been like without the 20 miles I put in this week! Oh well, this is all part of it! I am making myself go to WI tonight...need to keep myself accountable!

Sounds like a lot of hectic weekends for a lot of people! We watched the Husker Football game and then spent the rest of the weekend devistated over the poor performance and the loss. I laugh now, but its amazing how much our lives revolve around Husker Football...lol

Hope everyone is having a good week..will check back in after WI.

Itryharder
10-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Aliez,
great to see that you walked 20miles last week. Wow! When you post your WI weight loss, would you like to join us at #241, Bale of Turtles Keepin' On? When the thread gets very long, like over 60 posts or so, I start a new thread. The title always has Bale of Turtles in it and the next number. See you there!
Judy