View Full Version : Weekly Chat: October 4-10

Tejas
10-04-2010, 10:09 AM
:cofdate:

New Pages!

Tejas
10-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Good Morning:

There are posts from last night on the old thread.

I'm off today to sit with a friend in the hospital who just had bypass surgery. It all went well, thank goodness.

:wave:

beach bum
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a busy weekend and Monday morning. Now things started to die down a little. Took a peek at the scale morning & I'm up 2 lbs the culprit is sodium. Look at labels all the time by Can't seem to find the hidden kind in foods.

Thanks Rhonda for the new pages.Happy to hear that your friend is fine after by pass surgery.One of my friends had the same type of heart surgery several years ago and shes doing fine. I forget do we change our day o Sunday or Monday.

SLOANE-Thanks is so hard all week to stay good on Low Carbing and than the weekend comes and everything you did is gone,just taking from the bread list.

Have a great day

Tejas
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Yoo hoo!! Where is everyone else? Just leaving me and Mary Ann hanging here.

I had a good day with my friend who looks good after her surgery. DH and I tried out a new restaurant and I had soup, salad, plain baked potato and trout. It was tasty and well prepared.

No exercise today and I am very sore from yesterday's session.

Night all,
Rhonda

ontarget
10-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I was outside most of the afternoon flinging arrows (over 3 hours) and came inside exhausted and sunburned. So, guess what I'm doing tomorrow. Same thing. I'm having a blast.

I need to get more serious with my eating. That's the plan.

JoJo has a post on last night (so do I).

Rhonda, I'm glad your friend is doing well. Sounds like you and Doyle had a good dinner.

Maryann, our new chat thread starts on Monday.

I'll be back later tomorrow. My gf and I are shooting again tomorrow beginning right after lunch. Life is good.

nancy237
10-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Fun Busy Day Today

Good new & bad.

The good is that we found an adorable 4 month old yellow lab puppy for my grandson. We have been looking for a while and tonight at 8 pm I saw the ad
and by 10 we were home with a puppy!! His name is Polo .
We haven't given my grandson the puppy yet so we are puppy sitting for a few days.
I'll post a picture soon.

Bad is my eating today . I started bad and never improved. I was on the go today and didn't plan... Tomorrow will be better..

I am starting a ladies breakfast in the morning at the new church we are going to. I was at this church a long time ago but we moved to a church that had a youth group that matched what we wanted for the boys. I am excited to start finding friends at church and helping with the nursery on Sunday.

Sloan..I wanted to tell you that BSF is what brought me back to my faith
18 years ago. Bravo to you for being a leader..:bravo::cp:

jojo23
10-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Oh Nancy! I wish we lived nearer to you. We have a black lab. They are adorable puppies aren't they? Ours (Dolly) was just a ball of black 'fluff' and now she is taller than my husband's knee and he is 6ft. Your grandson will have a really good friend they are such loyal dogs. A stomach on legs mind... they will eat and eat all day.

I'm really pleased for your friend Tejas Please tell her, that my cousin (73) had open heart surgery 3 years ago and it has given her a new lease of life. She's never looked so well and last year, she and her husband had a wonderful holiday touring the Rockies by train.

Tejas
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Ah, who doesn't want an adorable Lab? I had one follow me home from school, really! Then I had a Lab-Border Collie mix who was the BEST dog ever, ever, ever.

OK, I did what I said I would do. I went to the gym this morning to begin my new routine. I am going to do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week, whether I lift weights or do anything else. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes on the bike. I'm going to do this for one month (except when traveling) and see if that kick starts more weight loss. I'm also going to eat ONLY complex carbs, except for a glass of wine every now and again...also for one month. I can do this. This belly fat is going to disappear. :devil:

I hope you're all having a good day.

Rhonda

beach bum
10-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Had a very busy day with all kinds of appointments,glad that I could make it to the thread this evening

Raining again so I had could walk had to use my bike instead. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow for our walking tour.

Rhonda-Like to try new restaurants also,I just recently went to an Italian restaurant in our town that was there for years and two weeks ago I just discovered it.Our town likes to put buildings on the back & side streets that look residential. I guess they want the village to look countrified instead of the city look. Food was excellent.of course I had one of there pizzas.

Sandra=Arrrr!!! Wondered where you went.Thanks I thought it started on Sunday like the other board I post to does.

NANCY-My SIL and the DGC wanted a lab puppy but my DD wouldn't hear of it[she's a cat person] so they got a rabbit instead. Maybe when the kids are older she 'll decided to get a dog when they old enough to take care of it.

Have a nice evening

ontarget
10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi there. I have been outside shooting all afternoon today, too. I ended up 10 pts higher than yesterday. Hopefully, 10 more higher tomorrow. We'll see.
Tomorrow is my wi. I'm thinking I'll have a gain. Good news is--tomorrow starts my next 30 days. Life is good.

JoJo, Rhonda, and Nancy, our neighbors in Montana had a beautiful lab. In fact, it looked like almost everyone up there had labs. Great dogs. Smart, too.

Got to go. We're having dinner early. I'll be back tomorrow.

sloanie
10-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey chickies! I am on Fall Break this week! I have been busy with my mom canning for the last two days. We made sweet cucumber relish yesterday, and corn relish today. Tomorrow I want to make persimmon butter (kinda like apple butter), but I'm not sure if I have the energy :D I have other things I want to do, too. I'm hoping to paint a buffet for my dining room, and I'd like to sew some pillow covers for my bedroom. I think I'm being too ambitious, but I'm gonna try anyway.

Nancy, I'm not sure when I'll do the watermelon fast. I may try it closer to the end of the week. I'll let you know. Sandra's idea about the canteloupe sounds good, too! I'm glad you found BSF years ago. It is an awesome study, isn't it? This year we have a new study for the first time in 15 years. We are studying Isaiah. It's tough, but so awesome!

Sandra, congrats on increasing your points! I could not hit the "broad side of a barn".

Rhonda, your plan sounds good. Eating only complex carbs is a good idea :D

Maryann, sorry about your rainy weather, but I'm glad you still rode your bike. Good for you!!!

Jojo, has your rain stopped? I hope you have not resorted to bailing! Stay dry :dizzy:

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget
10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Sloan, I am duly impressed. Enjoy your week. Sounds like you're having a very fruitful one. (and I'm not talking about a fasting)

jojo23
10-06-2010, 04:27 AM
Well, it stopped raining yesterday and we had a beautiful autumn day. However, it has rained all night. The skies are grey at the moment and the air damp so I expect we shall get more.
Blimey Sloanie! talk about busy! An old friend of my mum's used to can. She had a machine in her utility room and a garage full of cans. I used to love to watch.
Have a good one everyone.
Maryann Enjoy the walking tour. Wish I was with you

nancy237
10-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I am going to pick up my youngest son tomorrow and he will be home til
Tuesday for his Fall break... :carrot: It is the first trip home this year except for a pass through to spend a weekend on vacation with his Dad.

The puppy (Polo) has had bad diarrhea for 2 days now. We are treating it, but found out that when the first owners said he had his puppy shots they only meant the first ones at 8 weeks. That left him very vulnerable to Parvo/Distemper ect. We are hoping it isn't something that serious.

He has everything he needs now we are just watching & hoping.
We haven't given him to our Grandson yet, until he is feeling better.

ontarget
10-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Nancy, I hope your puppy is all right. Enjoy your visit with ds.

JoJo, I did a teeny amount of canning when I was in Montana. I put up som apricots. Sloan impresses me, too.

I am sunburned. The past 3 days I have spent a total of 10+ hours in the sunshine flinging arrows. Wish I could keep my tan all winter. Oh, well, I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

Subbing tomorrow. it's always easier for me to stay in control with my eating when I'm subbing. I'll just have to concentrate on making good choices for dinner. Lunch is already packed and I'll have cereal for bfast.

I decided not to do wi. My next opportunity for wi is 30 more days from now.

Tejas
10-07-2010, 12:51 AM

Long day, headed for bed.

But, I did 20 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes bike...doubled the minutes on bike today. I'm not sure about tomorrow, but we'll see...

My eating wasn't so pure today because we went to a fried catfish place :hungry:

jojo23
10-07-2010, 04:02 AM
NANCY How's the puppy? We are really worried this side of the pond. Had the breeders falsified his inoculation records when they gave you his pedigree and primary care records when you bought him?
If you haven't taken him out, there's a fair chance it was just a tummy upset maybe a change of water. Mark and I are keeping everything crossed for him.

beach bum
10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
H Ladies:)

Its really pouring here yesterday and our walking tour was canceled. Had to wear my slick go out and get a few things for dinner

Still cloudy,but no sign of rain.My DS bought me a 331/3 & 45 record players that attaches to the computer last Christmas So staying in most of the day I decided to clean out my 33 and 1/3 records that I wanted to keep,but haven't played in 13 years. To my surprise the records are still good and aren't warped. The music from the computer speakers were like listening from a concert hall.

My bible study is over for this season and It seems like a void in my life not being able to do something today. Going to see what the senior in our club are doing on Thursday.Next Monday I will be joining another walking group,have to keep myself in some shape before the winter rolls around.

Have to re ready for today's chores

nancy237
10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Puppy report....

We adopted him from a couple that had him 2 months. He is now 4 months old. They had a work schedule change and didn't want him to be alone
for very long periods while they worked 8-6 everyday.
They were the ones that said he had his puppy shots . I think they
didn't mean to mislead us. They were talking about the 2 month shots before
they got him and we assumed they meant the entire puppy series of shots.

We have him up to date now on everything.

He feels great and is eating & playing like nothing is wrong but he still has
some diarrhea. We are giving him a rice/bland diet & Kaopectate (vet told us
to do this) I think he is going to be fine because he feels so good..A good sign.

ontarget
10-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Glad all is well with the puppy, Nancy.

I'm home from subbing today. I had technology classes all day. Do you think I know as much as the students? :lol

Tejas
10-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Good news on the puppy's health! :woohoo:

So much for only complex carbs! I'm in Albuquerque with nephew and his family, and niece....for the Balloon Fiesta! We just had Mexican food and beer. It couldn't have been worse, I scraped off a lot of the cheese. Oh well, I'm having fun.

jojo23
10-08-2010, 03:58 AM
That's great news about the puppy:carrot: Labs will eat anything they find won't they? Dolly, one evening, was so sick she looked close to death. We sat up with her, rang the vet and by the time her arrived she was bouncing about the house!

Have a good day everyone.

Maryann You are my inspiration the way you lead such a full life

beach bum
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Just came back from Choir practice,and in a minute I'm going to start my dinner and than off to the beach to get some walking done for the day. The sun is out but we have a breezy day ahead of us.

Finally got out of the 170's and I'm now 168 hoping at tomorrows W-I, I will be down another .5 to get thought to the 167. Which I haven been there since last year.Its amazing how long it take to lose and just a few moments to gain,but if any one see the Dr. Oz show fatefully they'll understand why people are getting heavier & heavier every day. Sure its the food we eat ,but whats in our foods CHEMICALS,and they are the ones that are poisoning us.

I'll get off my soap box ,but please be aware of whats going on.

SLOANE-That looks like fun,my FIL used to can or pickle foods.The only thing I did was to freeze & prepare my tomatoes for homemade tomato sauce this winter. We really needed the rain in the summer months not the fall months. I'm going to take my walk by right after I have my dinner.

JOJO-The rain washed the tour out ,but I now understand that if we went to the rec hall we would be able to walk around there track to get our walking done. Well do it the next time we have in climate weather.

NANCY-Glad to hear the puppy is doing fine.

RHONDA-You're now vacation enjoy and when you get back home you can wok on the carbs again.

Have a wonderful day & evening see you guys tomorrow

ontarget
10-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi there. I subbed again today then went to see our granddaughters in a homecoming parade. Is life good or what!

My eating is all right. Tomorrow I'm stocking up on fruit and veggies. Our pantry is bare.

Rhonda, have fun in NM. Enjoy the food and have a margarita for me.

Maryann, :woohoo: on being in the 160's. You rock, girl!!

JoJo, how's your week going? Will you PM me the name of the book you wrote? I'm wanting to get a copy.

Vickie, I miss you. I hope you are just busy and not feeling poorly.

jojo23
10-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Just a quick one. We are meeting friends for the day in half an hour. have a good one everyone. My weigh in this evening so fingers crossed.

beach bum
10-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Waiting for my neighbor to help me with taking my A/C's out of the window.Than Alice and I are going to the bike path and get our walking done,than stop for lunch. Don't have anything set up for the 3 day Columbus Day Holiday. I think I'm going put my BBQ grill away for the season.Going to put my wood table against the grill,and & take my umbrella down also. Its too much of a hassle to leave it as we live in a wind tunnel and all things on my patio if it isn't tied down will blow away.

SANDRA=Thanks for the congrats.I'm really going to try to cook:chef: differently and watch what I eat & exercise[especially walking] :running:for over 1hr is doing the trick.

JOJO=Have a great time with your friends and keeping my fingers crossed:crossed: that you have a good W-I.

Have a great day,see you guys later.

Tejas
10-09-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm just out here in NM having fun and trying not to eat too much!

The only exercise I'm getting is walking a bit, but tomorrow we're going for a real hike in the Sandia mountains. Last night I sat in the hot tub, looking at the Big Dipper right in front of me while watching the fireworks from the hot air balloon show about 8 miles away. Perfect!

jojo23
10-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Just one miserable pound off.
I'm really, really disappointed with such a small loss. I went to my group last evening for a weigh in and all of us have slowed up but the doctor said to just ride with it for a few weeks. We are trying to lose steadily and a 1-2lbs a week is all that is expected of us. We aren't on a crash vanity diet, we are on a life-style change and over a year we will see a considerable loss. That said, we were all a bit down. And when all's said and done, if I'd gained a pound it would have been the end of the world wouldn't it? Its nice to be with others the same as me. Without my group and this site I don't think I'd have gone this long. Looking on the bright side! I'm over half way to the Christmas dead line for 20lbs off.

Yes thanks, Maryann (what a lovely name) we had a great time. Didn't fall off the sensible eating plan either!

Rhonda You are there to enjoy yourslf and you are soooo very good for the rest of the time so just chill out and don't feel guilty or it wasn't woth going. Just remember.. 'Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we diet'

Vickie
10-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Hey Chicks! Back to business on Monday at Jenny. We've been floundering a bit, but not bad. Jim went to his ENT for his nearly 5 year check on his precancerous tongue issue. Tongue is great but Doc is concerned about an enlarged salivary gland in his neck. Jim goes for a CT on Wednesday. Jim is nervous which he never is so it's making me nervous too. Trying not to eat over it. He is still in PT for his shoulders and may need surgery for those. We are also in dog training, so there is precious little time for computers lately.

Glad you are all well. I've tried to keep up with the reading at least. Keep up the great work. Remember, you haven't failed until you give up.

ontarget
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Vickie, you and Jim are in my prayers. I hope he gets good news from his MRI. I applaud you for not giving in to eating. Good success to you at Jenny's tomorrow.

JoJo, I hear you on being disappointed with a 1 pound loss; however, a loss is a loss. You're doing so well. I'm proud of you.

Rhonda, enjoy your hiking. Your trip sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Maryann, sounds like you're a very focused lady. Good going!

I'm OP. Today I had roast beef for lunch. That was my treat. I chose not to wi last week so now I'm waiting at least 26 more days before stepping onto the iron monster. I'm using the way my clothes feel to judge how I'm doing. Life is good.

Have a good evening, everyone.

nancy237
10-10-2010, 09:52 PM
My eating has been terrible...
It seems to only take a few days of eating bad to put on 3-4 pounds...

I am going to try to come up with a healthy routine for
breakfast & lunch & snacks and then make
some new dinner recipes that are Core or Southbeach type of recipes.

Do any of you eat similar things for breakfast & lunch everyday??
Maybe I could do this
Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - Left overs from recipe night before or Frozen entree (300 cal)
Dinner - cook heathy dinner (core ,south beach, cooking light)
Snacks - Fruit

Tejas
10-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi:

I'm home from NM, and I don't think I've gained any. We ate large for breakfast, then modestly throughout the day. We had a great 3 mile hike in the mountains today.

Nancy, I've been thinking of eating essentially the same thing everyday:

Oatmeal for breakfast
Protein shake, or similar for lunch
Salad and protein for dinner

With snacks chosen depending upon whether I'm lifting weights or not. I have read that eating the same thing (within some reason) can help move off a plateau.

JoJo, if you want to start the new thread, please do.

Rhonda