Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 3 (10/4-10/10)

shan84
10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello Red Team! Good job on completing another week.

I will be doing our totals up later today.

Right now I can tell you we do have some people who must weigh in next week or they will no longer be official members of the team.

So far we are two weeks in and here is where freebies stand:

1 Freebie Used:
KimL1214
lindalee9
sha25
LeslieLou
grneyegrl
bette k
BlueEyes65
Luckybustert
alwe74

2 Freebies Used: Must weigh in next week to stay an official member of the team.

Jen
criseyde
djsullivan135
tinabinab
enigma27
TriHarder
GettinFit
Hickory0305
twinkletoes23
toughchick

shan84
10-03-2010, 11:17 PM
One more time:

We have a new banner thanks to NancyO from the blue team! You can add it to your signature by right clicking on it, save as onto your computer. Then go to user cp at the top left of your page. Click on edit signature. Add signature picture.

Enjoy!!

BlueEyes65
10-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm so sorry red team I missed WI.
I was/am down 4 lbs this week.... Just got home from having hubby in ER. ( he will be ok, 2nd degree burns...) I have hubby tucked away in bed ...Going to join him now. I'm still with you all!

GO RED TEAM!!!!!

shan84
10-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Red team results:

Biggest Loser:
shan84, -6.5lbs, -2.38%

Honorable mentions:
Serval87, -4lbs, -1.79%
CanadaMel, -2.8lbs, -1.78%
julie99s, -4lbs, -1.69%

Please note, you have to post at least once a week in order to be eligible for biggest loser or honorable mentions.

Special congrats goes to our unofficial honorable mention sylv, -5.8lbs, -1.96% .

Congrats ladies on a great week 2. Remember, just because the cut off time for weigh in is Sunday nights at 10 AST (Atlantic Standard Time (i.e. Canada, Nova Scotia, etc.)) doesn't mean you have to wait until then to weigh in for the week.

:celebrate:

shan84
10-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Blueeyes- Congrats on your loss! Save it for next week and add to it!! :hug: Hope your hubby is ok.

BlueEyes65
10-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Blueeyes- Congrats on your loss! Save it for next week and add to it!! :hug: Hope your hubby is ok.

Congrats to you on your loss!

Thank you !:hug::hug:

Luckybustert
10-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Red team results:

Biggest Loser:
shan84, -6.5lbs, -2.38%

Honorable mentions:
Serval87, -4lbs, -1.79%
CanadaMel, -2.8lbs, -1.78%
julie99s, -4lbs, -1.69%

Please note, you have to post at least once a week in order to be eligible for biggest loser or honorable mentions.

Special congrats goes to our unofficial honorable mention sylv, -5.8lbs, -1.96% .

Congrats ladies on a great week 2. Remember, just because the cut off time for weigh in is Sunday nights at 10 AST (Atlantic Standard Time (i.e. Canada, Nova Scotia, etc.)) doesn't mean you have to wait until then to weigh in for the week.

:celebrate:

Congrats to the losers!

I think it would be helpful if the deadline for weigh-in were 10pm in a time zone in the middle of the continent. Sure, we don't have to wait but I'm equally sure we all lead busy lives and have many commitments besides this one. The bottom line is that 10pm AST is a VERY convenient deadline for people on the east coast, but may not be so convenient to folks on the west coast who have to work, fix dinner for the family, etc., earlier in the day. I think it gives participants on the east coast an unfair advantage timewise over west coasters - they have the entire day to post their weight and we have a deadline that's much earlier, rather than in the evening when we'd normally have time to sit down at the computer. I remembered I needed to post my weigh in, but I missed the deadline by a couple of hours tonight. Unfortunately I can envision that happening again pretty easily. :(

shan84
10-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Luckybuster- The weigh in time is something that has been discussed intensely and it will not be changing at this point in time. I understand your opinion on it, however, that is why we say over and over again you do not have to wait until Sunday night to weigh in. Personally, I am on a completely different continent because I live in South Korea. But, as leader, I do honor the time zone weigh in time and monitor it with my own time zone and make time during my Monday morning here to do weigh in results on Sunday night for all of you. I apologize that you missed weigh in. Good luck for next week.

Bigmid
10-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi everyone the results for week 2 are now posted

Have a great week everyone.

Luckybustert
10-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Luckybuster- The weigh in time is something that has been discussed intensely and it will not be changing at this point in time. I understand your opinion on it, however, that is why we say over and over again you do not have to wait until Sunday night to weigh in. Personally, I am on a completely different continent because I live in South Korea. But, as leader, I do honor the time zone weigh in time and monitor it with my own time zone and make time during my Monday morning here to do weigh in results on Sunday night for all of you. I apologize that you missed weigh in. Good luck for next week.

Thanks. I didn't think it would be changing, but the fact that it's been discussed that intensely should be a clue that it's not an easy one to meet. If the goal is to help people be successful in their weight loss journey, making it easier for them to participate and comply with the rules usually goes a long way. By the way, this is not directed at you or anyone in particular....I'm just frustrated because it's an incredibly difficult time for me to post by and I am so swamped at work right now that I'm doing good to remember my name this week, must less some crazy weigh-in time that, based on the number of people who missed weigh-in this week, doesn't seem to be working all that well. Ok, enough, I had my say. Think I'm going to go watch Dexter and hit the bed at a decent hour tonight. :)

Am trying to decide what exercise to add and how/when to work into my schedule. What works well for members of the red team?

Bigmid
10-04-2010, 02:42 AM
Just a quick note about WI time.....It is posted in the FAQ segment so everyone would have know about WI time before signing up for the challange.
If anyone thinks there is a chance you may miss WI time you can add your current weight now for all the weeks and edit them later if you make it to the computer to do so before that Sundays 10pm AST cut off.

Violet73
10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
One more time:

We have a new banner thanks to NancyO from the blue team! You can add it to your signature by right clicking on it, save as onto your computer. Then go to user cp at the top left of your page. Click on edit signature. Add signature picture.

Enjoy!!

I LOVE the banner! It's gorgeous! When I tried to add it as a signature picture it wouldn't accept the file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? :dizzy:

I'm so sorry red team I missed WI.
I was/am down 4 lbs this week.... Just got home from having hubby in ER. ( he will be ok, 2nd degree burns...) I have hubby tucked away in bed ...Going to join him now. I'm still with you all!

GO RED TEAM!!!!!

So sorry about your husband! Hope he heals fast!

WTG everyone! I couldn't weigh in this week cause I got off track but I'm back on track now. Congrats to all losers this week! (that sounds funny) :D

Serval87
10-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Yay!! I'm so excited to have made honorable mention! This is definitely motivating! Keep up the great work, ladies! Go team Red!

dudesmom
10-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Congrats to all the losers this week!!!

julie99s
10-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I hope your hubby is ok, Blueeyes. Praying for a speedy recovery

Congrats to everyone last week!

I'm finally feeling better. I was out of comissision for 4 days, and the house is falling apart because of it (so much catching up to do), but I am better. Felt really good to get back to the gym today.

shan84
10-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm feeling better here too. But I went to the hospital today to get my clearance letter to go back to work and the doctor said no. He gave me a clearance letter to go back to work on Thursday along with another injection and some more pills. Oh well.

On another note, I have the BEST bf in the world! Took me for a two hour massage at 12:30am this morning!!! Love him!!!!

Hope you all have a great Monday.

sha25
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Hello everyone.. So sorry I missed the weigh in.. My daughters pet hamster died yesterday, to her it was a very emotional loss.. I was helping her understand about life/death and we sat down to make a poster that everyone in the family could write a little note to "buddy". I know this is not much of an excuse but by the time we had our little burial and finished the poster it was 10 ish and I simply forgot.. It wont happen again.. I am frustrated with myself because I stayed on plan and did have a loss,small but still a loss, I plan to keep it and add to it for next week..

Congrats to all the losses this week.

CanadaMel
10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Good job on the weight loss red team!

Sha25-sorry for the loss of your daughters hampster.

Shan- I bet you felt like jello after a 2 h massage.
Hope it helps you relax and your body to fully recover.

Terapet- never realized how close to your goal you are! In the home stretch!

I'm watching my portion sizes like a hawk and it's finally paying off! Loving it!

sha25
10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Sha25-sorry for the loss of your daughters hampster.

Thank you.. Wow that really sounds a bit strange. To my daughter she felt like she lost her best friend/ a family member... It was her I felt really bad for.. She is my sensitive one and has a tough time dealing with things like that.

shan84
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Happy Tuesday here in SK.

Today's question: What motivates you to stay on plan?

TERAPET
10-05-2010, 12:10 AM
I am in the same place as sha25. My dog was diagnosed with cancer yesterday with little time before we will need to put him down. I am heartbroken but have a little time to enjoy and spoil him before the end.

Congrats to this week's losers!

Angie
10-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Sha & Terapet -- I'm so sorry for you both. We have a lot of animals in our family and to lose any of them would be devastating.

I'm up 2 pounds today, which is really ticking me off. I ate some food I wouldn't normally, but I was still around 1300-1400 calories, which should be absolutely fine. I'll hope that it's water and will whoosh away again quickly. I was kind of counting on a gain this weekend, with Thanksgiving and my birthday and TOM all due in about 4-5 days but this is too early!

I better hit the treadmill hard tonight to get prepared!

sha25
10-05-2010, 08:32 PM
TERAPET- Sorry to hear what your going through with your dog..

Back to school for my kids = craziness for me. I really need to devise a plan to get more exercise in. I was working out in the am before work but nobody had to be up and getting ready for school.. It was just me and now I am still exercising daily but bouncing around the time when I have a free moment.. I like consistency.. I think it is time to move the alarm clock to 5 am :^:

Hope everyone is doing well.. The thread is quiet this week..

CanadaMel
10-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Rough day at work and it's taking all my will power not to eat myself out of house & home (stress eating anyone?)

What motivates you to stay on plan?
-The fact that the scale is moving (after being at stuck at 160 for 4 m) is a HUGE motivator.
-Clothes fitting better/getting looser
-My daily mantra that this isn't a quick fix it's a lifestyle change

Terapet, sorry to hear about your pup. Enjoy your time with him and create many memories. :hugs:

shan84
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi ladies. Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. Not much going on here in SK this Wednesday morning. This is my last day off work at home from being sick. That letter I got on Monday gives me clearance to return to work tomorrow. It will be an adjustment going back to work after being off for 7 days. Excited to get back with my little ones. Of course its short lived because we have vacation days from school next Monday and Tuesday. Woohoo! More time off! I love this job!!

I speed walked 3.16 miles last night at the community track. My calories were a little too high last night though and I showed a gain of 2lbs this morning. No worries though I can work that off and then some I hope! I am a habitual morning weigher. I don't actually record it except on Sunday mornings, but I do check every morning.

Anyways, no big plans for today. Goal is to have a 100% on plan food day, exercise tonight, and just enjoy the day!

Terapet- Sorry to hear about your dog. It's always tough to lose a pet.

sha25- Is your daughter doing alright?

Angie- I'm in the same boat as you...up 2lbs this morning. But, we can get it off! Let's go!!! :hug:

CanadaMel- I noticed your loss last week. Way to go girl! I know it can be fustrating when you stall in your weight loss. I am fighting hard this week not to gain back the huge loss I had last week. Sorry you had a rough day at work. Hang in there! I love your daily mantra! It's so true!!

Angie
10-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm game Shan -- I did get my cardio in tonight, even though it was TRULY the last thing I wanted to do. Hoping for good news in the morning. :)

dudesmom
10-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Hi all, just wanted to check in and say hi. I've been reading the forum but not really saying anything because I was embarrassed about my behavior for the past few days. I've been letting stuff get to me like bad workouts or poor food choices, and then I just repeat those same mistakes...I'm pretty sure that most of you who have been in the weight loss game for a while know what I'm talking about!!! Anyway, I wasn't perfect foodwise today, but I ran and did 30 day shred today, and that's a lot of hard work to negate with bad food choices. Now it's time to put on my big girl pants and realize that all the choices I make are exactly that-choices. No more wallowing in self pity, that doesn't make the numbers on the scale go down or my pants fit any looser. Well, that's all for me. Have a good night all!

shan84
10-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Screw up big time today with my eating. Ugh! I have to break this darn habit.

Moving on....

Violet73
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
trying to keep the focus on dropping the weight! let's all focus guys....we wanna look great this winter and maybe go down a size in our jeans? :D

CanadaMel
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Happy Wednesday all. Hope everyone has had a good day so far. Work was much better today, so munchies aren't such an issue today. Though the kids want nachos for dinner, so it gives me an open door to be good or bad!
May weigh in early this week as dh wants to go camping again-ugh. I hope this is the last time, though luckily we get to stay in a hotel for 1 night after camping-well worth the suffering. LOL
Parent council meeting this evening so I need to go prep.

Aclai4067
10-06-2010, 07:34 PM
QOTD:
In general it's my desire to live a more active lifestyle. I'd like to complete at least a half-marathon and sprint triathlon (if not eventually longer distrances).

But lately it's wedding, wedding, wedding. Since Friday everytime I'm tempted to go off plan I think "is that going to get you where you want to be in 7 months?" Honestly, it's doesn't work 100% of the time, but it's been a lot more effective than the lackadaisical approach that's haunted me the last few months. It would be really awesome to not be a plus size bridesmaid.

shan84
10-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Having a much better on plan Thursday!! It was great to be back at work and my food was totally on plan. Have big plans for workout tonight but first dinner and study time.

:) Hope everyone else is doing well.

shan84
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Had a great night! Worked out by speed walking at the outdoor track in town for 1hr49min. 16,090 steps today! WOOHOO!! Dinner was awesome. Made chicken breast and veggie burritoes.

Overall a great on plan day. Ready for another one tomorrow...oh and its Friday here in about 4 hours! TGIF!!!

KimL1214
10-07-2010, 10:25 AM
shan84~ Congrats on your loss this past week!!! 16,000 steps, that's AMAZING! I want a massage!!! How are you feeling?

Aclai4067~ That's great that you're able to ask yourself a question of where you want to be at in 7 months and that it works most of the time! I keep asking myself if it's worth still being 25_ in April when I'm on a beach in Hawaii...

CanadaMel~ How did Nacho night treat you? Congrats on your loss this past week!!!

LeslieLou~ I would love to get out of my 20s and into a pair of 18s!!!

dudesmom~ You can do this!!! :jig:

Angie~ How are you doing?

sha25~ 5AM, UGH. Have you tried 5AM yet? :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter's hampster :hug:

TERAPET~ :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :hug:

BlueEyes65~ How is your hubby doing?

Luckybustert~ How are you doing? Did you add a new exercise to your regimen yet?

Serval87~ Congrats on your loss this past week!!! How are you doing?

julie99s~ Congrats on your loss this past week!!! How are you doing?

Right now I'm trying to focus on my trip to Hawaii in April. I'm going to see a friend I haven't seen in close to 4 years (we were inseparable in college, but the distance has kept us apart), and she has never seen me this big. Not only that, but I KNOW I will be spending some time on the beautiful beaches and while I know a bikini is probably not possible by that time, I'd prefer to not feel like I have to wear a t-shirt and shorts over my bathing suit.

I'm sorry I haven't posted that much. Unfortunately me computer at home has been acting up, limiting the amount of time I have to get stuff done and with the 20-Somethings TBL challenge, I usually have some stats to post or chats to boost.

My parents have really been a pain lately as they're wanting a lot of comfort foods because of the icky weather we've been having. Tuesday night it was pizza from the local pizzeria, last night spaghetti (which my mom made before I got home which means a heavy meat sauce and white spaghetti with store bought garlic bread). If I had known they were planning these meals ahead of time, I would have tried to plan around them. I'm in charge of dinner tonight and tomorrow night though, so that should help! Shrimp stir fry tonight and Pot Roast tomorrow night (WW recipe).

Serval87
10-07-2010, 12:32 PM
KimL1214: Thank you! I'm doing alright ... not staying on plan the best, but I've also been working on lowering my stress, and it seems to be helping. I just wish my sweet tooth didn't pop up. I guess it thinks it can take my stress away too. lol. How are you doing?

shan84: Funny, I had burritos last night (just two). They were really good. Husband cooked some of the REALLY lean (grass-fed) cow that I helped butcher Saturday (butcher as in cut up) and I mixed some pico de galla (?) in with it, and a pinch of pepper-jack cheese. Then I shredded some romaine leaves in it, and we had it in whole wheat tortillas. Not the healthiest with the cheese, but they were still so good.

I got a huge motivational boost yesterday when I saw that the scale had moved, that I lost a pound! Yippee. lol. Of course, it isn't going to stay 'lost' if I keep eating how I am.

My sweet tooth has been SO bad here lately!

Oh, and I have a very funny excuse for not exercising yesterday ... ahem ... I got karaoke revolution american idol encore in the mail, and played it like ... for hours, until I was tired. lol. Very, very sad ... i know. But I am the biggest sucker for singing the hours away.

KimL1214
10-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Serval87~ Just working on maintaining right now. Weird, right, since I have so much weight to lose? But I'm in a low place right now and I figure maintaining is better then gaining!

So I did something kind of big today, and a little drastic for me. I've been thinking about getting out of VT for a while... so I signed up with AmeriCorps today and started applying for positions. My mom's freaking out because the position I really want is in Alaska and the other positions are in Hawaii and Washington. I feel trapped here. Almost like I'm never going to go anywhere in life if I don't get out of here for some time. Maybe things will be different when I come back, maybe I'll love it wherever I end up and stay. Who knows..? I don't have any kids, just a couple pets... so why not do something crazy while I still can?
Sorry, rambling! Have a good night everyone!

dudesmom
10-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Kim-that's awesome that you took a step like that! I always thought about doing something similar, going someplace new and far away to work and just experience something different, but I never thought about it until after I was involved in a serious relationship (ended up marrying him and having two kids, so I guess staying was the right decision!). Congrats to you for having the guts to do that, and good luck wherever you may end up!

shan84
10-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Kim- I say go for it! That's what brought me here to the island in South Korea and I haven't left for 2 1/2 years now. I love it! You never know what's out there in the world. Its especially fitting if you don't have anything holding you from going. Your family will understand and support you, and if not, they may regret it later but you will have the time of your life. I didn't actually start my weight loss journey seriously until I came to Korea and took time for ME!

Good luck to you!!

shan84
10-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Today's question (A FUN ONE!!!)

What is the first concert you ever attended and what do you remember most about it? I want details!! Oh, and if you have never attended a concert, what would be your dream concert to attend?

Serval87
10-08-2010, 02:31 PM
KimL1214: There's nothing wrong with maintaining. It's good practice! Oh, and about your situation, definitely go for it. I never thought I'd ever leave TN, but one day I just did ... just up and left to CA. I eventually came back, but I have also visited CA again, and I love it there too! Excitement and spontaneity is always good!

What is the first concert you ever attended and what do you remember most about it? I want details!! Oh, and if you have never attended a concert, what would be your dream concert to attend?

I have never attended a concert, but unless it was Sarah Brightman or Andrea Bocelli, I'd rather go to an opera or broadway play. :)

dudesmom
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM

The first contest I ever attended what The Offspring when I was 15 years old. I went with a group of friends, and it was really fun, but the thing I remember the most is security running by us chasing after someone, and since our seats were right near the stairs, they used our heads as a railing! We weren't hurt or anything, and I have no idea what the person they were chasing did, but that's what I remember most. I really don't even remember the show, how we got there, or what we did before or after, but it was a good time with good friends.

Angie
10-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone!

Canadian team members -- are you planning on weighing in early this week before your Thanksgiving dinners? I'm recording today's weight for this week because I have 3 dinners this weekend and I'm a little worried.

I had a session with the trainers today...O. M. G. they nearly killed me. First one of them worked with me and another lady and then handed us off to another MEANER :club: trainer who worked us both all over again, we did a double work out and skipped the cardio. :whoo: Must be some sort of Thanksgiving pre-turkey tactic they've developed. I thought it was just plain evil while it was happening -- I was flashing back to my horrible Grade 9 gym classes and just about felt like throwing up at one point. I won't feel bad at all if I have a piece of bread at the restaurant tonight!

I am making the stuffing for the big family dinner on Sunday and I'm thinking of sneaking these little high fiber bran crumbs in there along with the bread. I'm sure people would thank me later when the stuffing and butter whooshed out instead of sticking to their butts and thighs. Who couldn't use a little more fiber? I was also going to make some punch out of Crystal Lite, but a couple of my younger (fitter) cousins are onto me and my attempts to 'lighten things up' -- I have to make 2 sets of potatoes now...my recipe (potato/cauliflower/celery root), and REAL ones for the skinny folks.

QOTD -- I'm trying to remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure my first concert was either KISS or a Canadian band called Triumph, they were very close together, and for both I went with my (first) boyfriend and was more thrilled to be there, having a cute boyfriend, than to watch the concert. I was so in love I was spinny with it. :dizzy:

TERAPET
10-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow, I just accepted a job offer. What a week. I am excited to work again but also a little worried how it will go. Big change from my last job. Plus, with Jingle so bad. Also, I have a second dog that was Jingle's litter mate (Belle). She is going to be so confused when both Jingle and I are gone. On the other hand my son is around and my husband works out of the house when he is not traveling. The dogs just like me best. I am sure this is the right thing to do but a little crazy. I will have to take things a day at a time.

tambolina
10-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Congrats to the losers!

Unfortunately I can envision that happening again pretty easily. :(

I always weigh in on Friday, it is the day I go to my weight loss center anyway but I always get too busy once the weekend starts, so Friday works best for me. Good luck!!

tambolina
10-08-2010, 08:38 PM

My first actual concert (not counting state fairs or outdoor events) was Garth Brooks. Back in 1998, we drove 70 miles to see him and it was great. Not a HUGE country fan but he was a great entertainer. After seeing several other concerts, it is still one of my favorites. When the Thunder Rolls is one of my favorite songs, the stage lights flashed like lightning and the sound of thunder filled the auditorium. Very cool!!!!:encore:

sha25
10-09-2010, 10:35 AM
My first concert was Bon Jovi... I went with my mother and a friend. I was young probably around 13. My mother and I had a great time but I remember my friend couldn't stand the noise. We had to rip apart a tampon for her to stick in her ears, lol.. I loved them as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing that my mother took us.. I am such a huge concert freak. My hubby and I are going on wed to a Roger Waters concert and I can't wait. I heard he is doing "the Wall".. YEAH!!!!!

I been having a good week and staying on track.. I saw the lowest # on the scale yet this morning.. Still starting w/ the old 18# though.. But I am so close now I can taste it so nothing is going to put me off track now..

@ kim, I have done the old 5am workout but I feel like I get such a better workout when I have some time to wake up first.. Hopefully my body will adjust with time..

Gotta go for now, my middle one isn't feeling well and I am working on a big pot of homemade chix noodle soup for her.. Yummy..

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!!

alwe74
10-09-2010, 01:33 PM

The first concert I ever attended was Tim McGraw/Little Texas. It was a million years ago when I was in college. I went with a roommate and it was a blast!!!

alwe74
10-09-2010, 01:37 PM
I just want to apologize for being MIA this week. I have been having some hormonal issues which triggered some nasty migraines this week. I've been barely able to function. I started feeling better yesterday so I'm hoping to be more involved this week. Good luck to everybody!!!

tambolina
10-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Terapet - Congrats on the new job!! Big change is sometimes good.

KimL - don't have any regrets, go for it and let life take you on an adventure. you can always settle down later.

Shan - glad you are feeling better and way to go on the exercise!!

This is my super busy time of year... between now and Nov 20th, I am an event planner and I have a 4 day event that runs Nov 17-20th so I am in full swing. I don't have much time to post lots of responses but will try to get on when I can.

JasonsLea
10-09-2010, 07:31 PM
:wave: everyone!

Hope you all had a good week!

Down 5 lbs this week. :)

QOTD:

First concert was for a rock band called Red Halo. It was at this club and I went with a friend and two of her friends. The guys were hot, the music was good, and we went to Waffle House afterwards! :lol:

dudesmom
10-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Having a rough week, just posted about it. Totally off plan with my eating, can't figure out how to make it right. I'm really disappointed to tell you that I will be using a freebie for our weigh in tomorrow. I'm sorry that I let you guys down, and sorry that I let myself down. I hope the rest of you have wonderful weigh ins, and wonderful weekends also.

shan84
10-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Off to hike the huge mountain on the island here in about two hours. Excited to see what my GWF says about calories burned from the hike.

Have a good one.

Oh, my first concert ever was LeAnn Rimes and Bryan White. I was 14 years old and my mom bought the tickets the same day as the concert as a suprise for me and my best friend. We were the only people in the nosebleed section and I remember we had brought binoculars so we could see far away. It was so much fun!!! I was in love with Bryan White.

Today's question: Do you cook during the winter time with a crock pot? Do you have any favorite recipes?

dudesmom
10-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Today's question: Do you cook during the winter time with a crock pot? Do you have any favorite recipes?

I love my crock pot! I love soup, so I do a lot of soup in mine. My two favorites are a bean soup which is so simple it's ridiculous, and I recently found an awesome recipe for mushroom soup which is just fantastic. I would love to try something other than soup in there, but I have a hard time finding vegetarian recipes that aren't soup, or pasta which I am trying to stay away from. Can't wait to hear what other people use theirs for!

shan84
10-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Hello all. Don't forget to weigh in today!

Just home from the hike. Bummed because my GWF says my burn was low compared to the 8.5 mile walk I did yesterday (granted the walk was longer by 2 hours, but it was flat walking and I didn't sweat)...the hike is hardcore.

On the positive side, last time I hiked that mountain it took me 4 hours up and down. This time I did it in....drumroll please........2 hours!!!! I was floored! I sweated and could barely breath the whole time so I thought I would have a higher calorie burn...but I guess not.

Hoping to see a good number on the scale in the morning.

TERAPET
10-10-2010, 11:59 AM
shan84-Congrats on the mountain hike. Amazing time!

lindalee9
10-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Sorry I haven't been around much. I missed weigh in last week because I gained 2 lbs and didn't want to post that anywhere! I guess I was trying to hide. Anyway, I am back down so feeling good about that.

Luckybustert
10-10-2010, 01:56 PM

The first concert I attended was Black Oak Arkansas - does anyone even remember who they are anymore?

Luckybustert
10-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Just posted my weigh-in results for this week.....down 2 pounds :)

julie99s
10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
3 lb loss this week. Into the 220s :D

I use my crock for everything I can, during all seasons. I've got a crock of bean soup and a crock of country style pork ribs on the counter now.

Good luck to all those weighing in today.

charmtime
10-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Gosh....I feel bad for all of you to have me on the red team. I have gained each week. I will hopefully post a loss next weekend. I am just crazy busy and have not been making good choices.

tambolina
10-10-2010, 06:53 PM

Some easy (healthy on plan recipes) for the crockpot...
Gumbo
8 oz fresh shrimp
8 oz shredded chix breast
Tony's low sodium creole seasoning
16 oz okra
2 low sodium chix bouillon
16 oz water
1 cup of beans

mix all together and let cook 8 hours. divide into 4 portions.

Creamy Chix soup
16 oz chix breast
16 oz frozen cauliflower
2 low sodium chix bouillion
1 can fat free cream of chix soup
24 oz water
salt,pepper, garlic powder to taste

cook all together on low 8 hours. divide into 4 portions.

shan84
10-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi all. I have a ton of stuff to do today as it is my vacation time and the bf and I are going to run errands and then go to the beach, and then go stay at a cabin in the park for the night. I'm going to go ahead and post the threads for next week. Good luck on weigh ins. Only 1 1/2 hours to go. I will be on here at 10pm to post everyone's freebies if they forget to weigh in on time. Also, this is the week we usually see a large drop in official members from people who signed up for the challenge but then forgot about it, so our numbers will change later today.

Hope you all have a great Monday!