Old 10-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thumbs up Christian Encourager's OCTOBER Thread ...

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-02-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HAPPY OCTOBER, EVERYONE ~

I am going to repeat and continue the post I had put in the September one to get us all started here this month. Well, we actually had a little bit of the ***white stuff*** today; not much, but enuff to say we had it and of course, it melted as soon as it touched the ground. I think this is the earliest I have every seen it, but we were spoiled that last two years in that we didn't get any permanent snow until the end of the first week of November.

It's starting to out there now; can't make up it's mind what to do -- we have had a mix of , *****, and We have had lots of birds coming by to stock up on food; we had a pair of whiskey jacks (gray jays) come by this week and they are packing the food in and taking it to store in their homes. Oh, now the is out again ... yeah!

We have to go up to our lot sometime and finished closing things up there; and bring some stuff back home too. This week sometime, we have to clean up our gardens and get them ready for winter; get rid of the old refuse, cut and pull out the bulbs that can't stay in the ground (like the gladiolas). Gonna give this a try this year and see how it goes; we only have one room that we can store them in which stays around 50F. A bulb card I have here recommends a garage, which we don't have -- or even a crisper drawer of your fridge; but since we only have one fridge, I can't spare the space. So they will be wrapped in newspaper and put in a box in our spare room instead; hope it works.

FOR WILMA ~ I'll check and see if I put your brother on the PRAYER WARRIOR's current list of prayers on page 2 ... praying for him that the chemo will work and he'll get well again. I have been hearing that some people are trying different kinds of natural therapies along with the chemo like vitamin and natural foods (Dr. Andrew WEIL, MD); some are even trying some kinds of laser & radiant heat therapies too.

I have even heard that asparagus and cucumbers are supposed to be good; the nutrient-rich green veggies like spinach & broccoli -- and of course, anything with Vitamin A & E in them like the red/orange/yellow fruits & veggies. BTW, how's your mother feeling? Hope she's doing better!

I made a nice pot of roasted veggie soup with barley & lentils for lunch today; it sure felt nice to have that after being out in this colder weather today. We are having leftover BBQ spit chicken for dinner tonight. Time to go put it on now, but we ate lunch late, so I'll delay dinner a bit too ...

Ttyl ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-02-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Just came on to say hi and goodnight. i unladed and stacked 70 bales of Hay in my goat barn today and got cleaned up and made the 4-H fish fry and I just am tuckered out headed for bed. David said I would not be able to move tomorrow but I took some medicine the doctor gave me for my fall and I think I will be alright ,hope so.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Thank you Rosebud! All the prayers we can get will be appreciated. We don't know what the future holds but we know the future.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/200/140

Height: 5'1"

thankful for all of the friends on 3FC, praying you all have a wonderful , blessed week
elaine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Home from camping but a quick check in for prayer requests...I will catch up soon!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ We had another busy day today; got lots of walking in which is always good for me. Had to go up town to pay bills and then went to see our new dollar store and picked up a few things at the bulk food store (including a few candies for the kiddies Halloween bags).

The weather was fantastic today; we even got up to 70F here, so it was a perfect fall day really. When we finally got back home at 4 pm, we had a small snack and then cleaned up our gardens for the winter. DH pulled the empty bean plants out; and we pulled the GLADS out too and cut the bulbs off to store them.

We left in all the flower bushes, and the BROWN-EYED SUSANS so the seed can drop as they are still blooming too. When they start to look too sloppy, we will cut them off at the soil -- I am guessing how I am supposed to do them as this is the first time I've ever grown them. A lady down the street has lots of MARIGOLDS still blooming in a bed out in the open, so next year, I'll put some of them in too. I used to grow them in the country and they can even take some snow and still bloom; they are so amazing!

HI ELAINE & BOOTSIE & GARY ~ nice to see you all drop by; but BOOTSIE you need to get some sleep, girl ...

PICK-ME-UP TIP ~ one of my books suggested that we buy a few flowers to brighten up our home for a spiritual lift; so today, I picked up a small bouquet of lilac cosmos with yellow centers and have them on my desk in front of me. I think that I will do this more often ...

WE MAY NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS, BUT WE KNOW WHO HOLDS THE FUTURE ... Yes, this a good one to remember, WILMA.

Hope you all have a lovely week coming up; keeping you and yours in my prayers too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-04-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #8  
Rosebud

Hi there ... we just had a quiet day at home today; lots of lovely again -- what a treat. Fall is finally here. We hope to go up to the lot this week as they are predicting this nicer weather for all week. I did vacuuming and some fall sorting today. For dinner tonight, we tried out a new fish for the first time, called BASA fillets. I coated them in a light seasoned coating and they turned out quite nice; served with new potatoes that our SIL, brought us from her garden (GOD bless her). I also had a broccoli coleslaw on the side.

Hope you all are having nice week; take good care ... Rosebud
Old 10-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Well... The man came to clean out the goat barn but could not get his tractor in so much crap! So I will have to start digging that stuff out myself, I guess unless he finds someone to loan him a smaller tractor. It has been really nice weather here in Texas, cool nights. Coyote's on the prowl one woke me up this morning sounded like he was under my window! He was not I looked.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I promise to catch up....soon...my work will ease a bit on Friday....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #11  
Rosebud

HI GARY ~ see ya on the weekend ... BTW, thanks for the prayers ...

BOOTSIE ~ yikes, that's a lot of doo-doo ... glad the coyote wasn't really that close. One time a bear came to my parent's bedroom window and ripped the screen off. He was trying to reach in and get an orange that was sitting in a bowl on my mother's beside table. The doctor told her to have an orange before bed for more potassium ... by the time my Dad found his gun and his bullets (which were in two separate places), the bear had left ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-06-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #12  
Rosebud

Just a stay at home day here; laundry & bathroom day ... started reading ANTHONY ROBBIN's book "AWAKENING THE GIANT WITHIN" -- more positive ideas in this book too so I'm sure I will enjoy it. Hope you all have a FANTABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow ... Rosebud
Old 10-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #13  
Rosebud

HEY, HEY, HEY ... where is everybody -- on holidays? This our long THANKSGIVING WEEKEND in Canada ... hope all our Canadians friends have a great weekend.

My Dad called today and said that all of us have had great weather this week; that includes north and southern Ontario, plus even Flin Flon, Manitoba where our baby sister lives. We just picked up a few groceries today; it was so nice out and that was a good excuse as any to go out and enjoy the today ...

Have a great weekend ... Rosebud
Old 10-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

What a gorgeous day! It was 25C here today. Unheard of. I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can.

I have been fighting a cold this past week and have basically gone to work and come home and slept. I woke up this morning and decided I needed to get out and walk. I went for 1/2 an hour and felt really good after that. I actually had energy today.

I spent the morning at church decorating for our Thanksgiving service tomorrow. Looks really nice. It made me think about all I have to be thankful for. SO MUCH!!

Have a great weekend!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #15  
Rosebud

Hope all our CANADIAN FRIENDS had a lovely THANKSGIVING DAY and weekend! We had chicken and riblets with baked new potatoes and roasted veggies (baby carrots, knib corn, broccoli & cauliflower). Yummy ...

We actually had a few ***** flakes fall, but they melted before they hit the ground. Then the clouds parted, and the shone for the rest of this glorious day. We are very thankful to GOD, our creator, for all the many blessings that HE bestowed upon us this year; way too many to mention. We are indeed very blessed.

Hope all our CE'ers have a wonderful week coming up ... Rosebud