Metabolic Research Center - October Thread

View Full Version : October Thread

ladystarrider
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Let October roll. Welcome autumn!

I went to WI this morning and was down two more pounds. This was a measuring day, and my total inch loss is 60 1/2 inches. I couldn't be happier! I started on April 13. Went to the mall to buy shoes with my hubby following the visit to the center. He pointed to Victoria's Secret and asked me if I wanted to go in and look at their new Biofit Pushup bra. I told him we could go look...they probably didn't have anything that would fit me. (Their largest size in that bra is a 38.) Are you ready for this? The bra did fit, and it is beautiful! Naturally he bought it for me. Say, I look awesome - it has been years since I even walked into Vicky's Secret! What a lift!

chemicalksm
10-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Congratulations! How wonderful. Very inspirational too.

Nicmom24
10-02-2010, 05:03 PM
I did WI yesterday. Two weeks in I'm down 2.5 pounds which is somewhat less than exciting especially since I was up 1/2 the previous weigh in then down that same 1/2 yesterday. It helped a lot that they did measurements and I was down 8.5 inches total according to them. I'm not noticing it much in my clothes yet. 8.5 inches sounds much better than 2.5 pounds. I don't have a whole lot to lose so I think I just need to be satisfied with an average of 1 pound a week even though they advertise way more than that.

shannysmomma
10-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I went to WI yesterday. Just started my monthly so I wasn't feeling any loss plus I am doing metaquick which I heard may not show a loss at first & may even show a gain until after you are done with the week of shakes. So I was already planning on a gain or no loss at all, but I stepped up & lost 2.5 pounds!! Made me feel way better!!!

SandyKC0SWJ
10-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Congratulations on the losses, Ladystarrider, Nicmom24, and Shannysmomma!!! Keep up the great work!

icansucceed
10-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow, what a bunch of great loosers we are! :)

I weighed in on Saturday and knew I wouldn't have a big loss, down 1/2# which brought the total for the week to 4#. I'm happy with it.

Went to a wedding last night knowing I would be eating off plan but instead of punch I went with water, instead of a whole BBQ sandwich, I went with half, passed on the chocolate covered fruit and only had a small piece of cake when I was fully planning on having a small of each of the 4 to taste the different kinds of cake my aunt makes. I did make better choices than I would have before so I'm happy with it.

I've been looking at this meal plan a bit different though. I'm not 100% OP all the time. Most of the time (98%) but I also know that this is real life and I will be in real life situation where bringing my melba toast and HNS just isn't going to cut it. I don't stress about it and have averaged 3# loss a week. If this not a "diet" but a lifestyle then it will need to work within my lifestyle.

theycallmemom
10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Daughter was here for the weekend, from Florida....Im so sad she is gone, and all I wanna do is eat!!!! BLAH:(

Nicmom24
10-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Wow, what a bunch of great loosers we are! :)

I weighed in on Saturday and knew I wouldn't have a big loss, down 1/2# which brought the total for the week to 4#. I'm happy with it.

Went to a wedding last night knowing I would be eating off plan but instead of punch I went with water, instead of a whole BBQ sandwich, I went with half, passed on the chocolate covered fruit and only had a small piece of cake when I was fully planning on having a small of each of the 4 to taste the different kinds of cake my aunt makes. I did make better choices than I would have before so I'm happy with it.

I've been looking at this meal plan a bit different though. I'm not 100% OP all the time. Most of the time (98%) but I also know that this is real life and I will be in real life situation where bringing my melba toast and HNS just isn't going to cut it. I don't stress about it and have averaged 3# loss a week. If this not a "diet" but a lifestyle then it will need to work within my lifestyle.

This is pretty much how I approach it too. Which may be a lot of why I'm only so far averaging around a pound a week lost. For instance today we went out for lunch at Golden Corrall (an all you can eat buffet restaurant) it's a great place to go with kids. I had salad, strawberries, veggies, steak, hns concentrate mixed in my water and 1/2 a roll. Then I remembered I'm not supposed to have the starch at lunch anymore. So that 1/2 roll was off plan. But I figure it's still a victory, only straying that far off in the land of all you can eat buffets and while a 1/2 roll is not nutritionally equivalent to the 4 melbas, I figure in the trade off between a diet I can only do in the short term vs. a sustainable lifestyle change 1/2 a roll in place of melbas will have to do. In the past I might have had 2 plus some ice cream for dessert so ultimately it's still an improvement.

teacherlady79
10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Congrats on your losses, ladies!

Did my WI on Friday, and had no loss/no gain--which I totally expected after losing 4lbs earlier in the week.

We celebrated our first anniversary this weekend, and went out of town to Nebraska City to visit the apple orchards and historical homes/museums. It was a nice relaxing weekend. I pretty much knew I was going to eat off-plan this weekend, but I did mostly ok on Saturday (stayed on plan for bfast/lunch, only strayed a litttle at dinner), especially compared to what I might have eaten this time last year.

Today sucked, though. We were going to eat brunch at the lodge, but they had a huge crowd and said it would be over an hour wait. We ended up going to some greasy-spoon diner in town (SMALL town, not many choices) and they only had a lunch buffet. Think "rural midwest lunch buffet:--fried foods, potatoes in many different forms, bread, desserts, etc. etc. I didn't eat much, but I regretted it immediately--it sat in my stomach like a rock all afternoon. I even got a little "urpy" feeling on the drive home. :(

On the plus side, we dropped some gifts off at a friend's place this evening, and both the husband and wife noticed I have lost weight (haven't seen them since I first started the diet)!! :)

Of course, that makes me wish even more that I hadn't had such a "bad food" day today. Oh well-- Time for a fresh start tomorrow!

Nicmom24
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Teacherlady, I'd take the compliments and not worry too much about one off day.

Nicmom24
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
WI today, 4 days after my last one...no change. Last weigh in was a loss of the .5 pounds I was up from the week before. So essentially, I'm already at a plateau on week 3. The counselor said to up the hns to make sure I get the max of 4 per day. I had been getting usually 3 and to up my water. I've been pretty consistent with the 64 oz every day. How much more water should I be drinking? I wouldn't mind a no change weigh in so much except for the fact that based on what I'm seeing on the scale at home, I really thought I'd see a loss, at least a small one. Feeling fairly discouraged.

Missinternational09
10-04-2010, 05:43 PM

I completely agree with your statement. I am also another one who isn't completely on program all the time more like 95% of the time. Since being on this program I feel like a make better bad choices. Instead of ice cream I eat soft serve frozen yogurt. Instead of cookies, I eat reduced fat wheat thins. I occasionally say F**K the diet and eat something really bad but those times are becoming fewer and fewer. This is a lifestyle change for me, so I'm learning not to be so hard on myself when I'm not 100% on program.

WI Saturday down another 2lbs for a total of 24.5. So excited to still be losing weight and that much closer to onderland :)

Joy2MeNu
10-04-2010, 05:49 PM
WI today, 4 days after my last one...no change. Last weigh in was a loss of the .5 pounds I was up from the week before. So essentially, I'm already at a plateau on week 3. The counselor said to up the hns to make sure I get the max of 4 per day. I had been getting usually 3 and to up my water. I've been pretty consistent with the 64 oz every day. How much more water should I be drinking? I wouldn't mind a no change weigh in so much except for the fact that based on what I'm seeing on the scale at home, I really thought I'd see a loss, at least a small one. Feeling fairly discouraged.

Yes, ALWAYS max on your hns -- that will help. And I typically do 124 oz of water a day, so if you can, up it! Seems like the more water I drink the more I lose!

Razorbackbritt
10-04-2010, 09:30 PM
If you are struggling with getting all your HNS in, try cooking with them! I've been making sauces and smoothies and using them as flavorings...it makes it easier than drinking them all the time.

dkmd27
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
way to go losers!! And don't worry about plateaus. While they are extremely frustrating, they are a normal part of any weight loss, as your body catches up. Just stay the course and you will win at this in the long run!!

aprilw94
10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
I also drink between 120-160 oz of water a day. When I did this program the first time it was put to me like this...the more you pee the more you lose. with my body weight I can handle between 160-180 oz of water, just remember for those of you who take things literally like i do you can have water toxicity. It takes huge amounts but you can dilute your electrolyte levels so you don't want to do that but for me that would be close to over 200 oz of water.

teacherlady79
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, I only gained 0.5lb after going off-plan somewhat last weekend. What a relief.

I have gotten tired of veggies lately, and have really been craving comfort foods with the cooler weather we've been having, so I made up an MRC-friendly meatloaf last night and hid my veggies in it (like my mom used to do). It turned out really good--a tiny bit more bland than I'm used to, but still very yummy, and a nice change of pace! :carrot:

Anyway, thought I'd share my creation, in case you're interested. I'll post this in the recipe thread as well. :) I'm on the Metaslim Plus, so I'm supposed to eat 6 oz of protein, but you can adjust the amount of bison to fit your plan, if need be.

18 oz ground bison
2 eggs
16 oz fresh veggies (I used 6 oz chopped mushrooms, green pepper, celery, & grn onion, then grated about 10 oz of zucchini)
2 slices 40 cal bread (or 2 serv. melba toast)
1 tomato basil supplement packet
salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. to taste
8x8 cake pan, lined with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup)

1. Beat eggs and tomato supplement together. (Can add a little water if too thick)
2. Add seasonings & veggies and mix.
3. Add Bison and mix by hand (incorporating everything together)
4. Tear bread (or break melba toast) into small chunks, and incorporate into meat/veggie mixture.
5. Place into lined pan (packed together) and bake at 350-375 degrees for 45 mins- 1 hour.

*Makes 4 servings*
Each serving includes:
6 oz protein
4 oz cooked veggies
1/2 serving of starch
1/4 supplement

ladystarrider
10-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Teacherlady79, your recipe for meatloaf sounds yummy. I have a pound of bison in the freezer and I will try it this weekend!

Razorbackbritt
10-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Yummy meatloaf recipe! I have used dry oatmeal in meatballs before, so instead of the bread, you could use 1/4 cup dry oats per serving too. It absorbs well and gives nice texture.

I am going to weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping I have lost 1 more pound, putting me at 15 lost. When I hit 15 lost, I am rewarding myself with a pedicure...and I want it sooo bad!

soon2b1hotmama
10-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes, ALWAYS max on your hns -- that will help. And I typically do 124 oz of water a day, so if you can, up it! Seems like the more water I drink the more I lose!

I was also drinking around 120 to 125 oz of water a day but my weight loss had slowed down and they told me I was drinking too much water. The guideline is 64oz a day with 16oz for every 30 minutes of exercise. I have backed down to 80 oz or so of water a day and I am losing again. It's definitely a balancing act. The people I work with think I am crazy with the amount of water I drink. One girl tried to match me bottle for bottle and quit after the third. She laughed when I told her they said I was drinking too much and then said "well duh" LOL!!!

Razorbackbritt
10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
So I am going to WI tomorrow morning. I am just crossing my fingers hoping I lost one pound since Tuesday...because it will be my 15 pound mark. And I am celebrating 15 pounds with a pedicure....and I REALLY want to get one tomorrow on my day off.

Wish me luck!

Junie04
10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
So I am going to WI tomorrow morning. I am just crossing my fingers hoping I lost one pound since Tuesday...because it will be my 15 pound mark. And I am celebrating 15 pounds with a pedicure....and I REALLY want to get one tomorrow on my day off.

Wish me luck!

Good luck to you! That is a nice treat to have. :)

spryng
10-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Hello all! I know I posted on the general mrc thread about my first consult, well I had it this morning with my dh and we both joined today! I'm so excited! I thought I'd come introduce myself on this monthly thread and hope I can join you all in your journey :)
My name is Spryng (pronounced spring like the season) I am 30 yo, married 12 years with 4 great kids, 10, 9, 7 and 4 years old. My husband is an over the road truck driver and normally only home on the weekends and I work from my home for a large medical insurance company, my days usually consist of 10-12 hours of sitting in my office so I'm not very active. I never had a weight problem until I married, then I packed on the weight and once the kids started coming it was a whole new battle of the bulge. I, like many people, have tried the gauntlet of diets trying to lose my weight and most I was sucessful on like weight watchers, atkins, etc etc but recently its just been a HUGE struggle to diet solo.. I needed some real accountability and began to look for local weightloss centers around my area that would make me check in and call me etc.. so I found mrc and I've been so excited since that first phone call and now after my consult this morning I KNOW this is the plan for me!
So I start the pre-conditioning plan on saturday, then next fri (the 15th) I attend the food class and start the next part of the plan. I'm so ready and the best part is my husband joined along with me so I'll have serious support at home too. I'm on the 17 week plan to lose 41 lbs and they put him on the 17 week plan as well to lose 70 lbs.. he may need to add some weeks after 17 but they thought that was a good starting place for him so we'll see. So tomorrow I'll be off to the store to stock up on menu items. Anything specific you think I may need to keep handy during this? what is one staple you can't do without on this plan??
So anyway, I wanted to officially introduce myself and I can't wait to see losses like I'm seeing with you all! I hope to check in daily starting sat, until then I may lurk and read for more conviction and motivation, thank you all!!! :)

teacherlady79
10-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Spryng--

Here's my "can't live without" list:
Apples
Cottage cheese
eggs
hard cheese/cheese sticks
I can't Believe It's Not Butter spray
frozen veggies that you steam in the bag in the microwave
Sara Lee 40 cal bread

If you have these things, you can always quickly put together something on-plan to eat (even if it turns out to be a weird combo).

Nicmom24
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
My list is very similar to Teacherlady's I would add chicken breast. I buy a big family pack and grill it all at once, keep a couple days worth in the fridge and freeze the rest to thaw as needed.

My quick veggie options are cucumbers and peppers. I like to use the raw peppers like a scoop to eat seasoned ground turkey or tuna or even cottage cheese. If I'm on the run I might slice up the pepper ahead of time and plan to eat strips of pepper wrapped in turkey slices although it can be hard to find a deli turkey that's not scary high in sodium.

I'm also a mom of 4 ages 10, 8, 5 and 3 and my biggest challenge is putting together on plan meals for myself and running all the munchkins around to their various activities. Breakfast and lunch are fairly easy but supper gets nuts around here with all the after school running around.

Joy2MeNu
10-08-2010, 11:19 AM
My list is very similar to Teacherlady's I would add chicken breast. I buy a big family pack and grill it all at once, keep a couple days worth in the fridge and freeze the rest to thaw as needed.

My quick veggie options are cucumbers and peppers. I like to use the raw peppers like a scoop to eat seasoned ground turkey or tuna or even cottage cheese. If I'm on the run I might slice up the pepper ahead of time and plan to eat strips of pepper wrapped in turkey slices although it can be hard to find a deli turkey that's not scary high in sodium.

I'm also a mom of 4 ages 10, 8, 5 and 3 and my biggest challenge is putting together on plan meals for myself and running all the munchkins around to their various activities. Breakfast and lunch are fairly easy but supper gets nuts around here with all the after school running around.

Yes, what they said - agreed!

But one thing that has saved me over and over again, since I work away from home 5 days a week, was knowing I could get a subway salad with chicken and most of the veggies, use their vinegar and oil packets and totally stay on program. Oh, also, MELBA TOAST -- critical.

Salad dressing -- if you need to something creamy on a salad, check into the WALDEN FARM dressings. I know many of the WalMart stores carry some of these. Or, you can purchase online on several sites.

Again, wishing you all the best. After you get through the first 2-3 days of the diet, it will be familiar and much easier.

In the beginning, watch your menu constantly. It is very easy to assume something would be on plan and then find out it is not. I was enjoying GRAPES, and when the center saw that on my food diary, they straightened me out.

Keep a food diary -- it WILL help! (Oh the LOW-SODIUM taco seasonings are great to mix through your buffalo burger as you fry it up (adding just a bit of oil, as it is so lean) and use that for a salad topper. Pretty good is you like a mexican flavor!

Missinternational09
10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Well went to WI today and I lost the 2lbs of water weight that I had gained since Tuesday. I'm hoping to step up my exercising this week so that I can finally lose this last 7.5lbs and be out of the 200s by the end of this month and hopefully down to 195 by Thanksgiving.

Joy2MeNu
10-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Well went to WI today and I lost the 2lbs of water weight that I had gained since Tuesday. I'm hoping to step up my exercising this week so that I can finally lose this last 7.5lbs and be out of the 200s by the end of this month and hopefully down to 195 by Thanksgiving.

Absolutely, you should easily get to 195 by Thanksgiving. I am thinking you should even be down more than that!

Razorbackbritt
10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Well, I was .5 pounds away from my 15 pound mark...but then I went shopping and am down a pants size...so I got the pedicure anyway. I figure 14.5 pounds is nothing to sneer at...and I needed a pick-me-up, so I wanted something non-food related.

So I didn't quite hit the 15 pound mark, but I did reward myself for my first month on program and the success I've had thus far.

bbygrl77
10-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I get Subway grilled chicken salads several times a week. I love all of the veggies and I use the oil and vinegar packets too. Today I found out that McDonalds will let you add a piece of grilled chicken to their side salad for $1. That's a little over $2 for the whole thing. Add some apple slices for a dollar and that's a really cheap lunch.

spryng
10-09-2010, 09:53 AM
That is a great tip bbygrl77! I was looking over their restaurant guide and it looks pretty much that lots of salads are in my future and I don't care much for salads so I'm gonna either have to eat at home each weekend or get creative :) Today is day 1 for me on the pre-conditioning menu, can't wait for my wi on friday at the center to see my progress!

jakesmommy05
10-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I WI yesterday and had lost 3.5 pounds last week! Yippee! I'm down 13.5 pounds total in about a month.

spryng
10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Well my first day is going well despite this raging headache I have... we went shopping and while out we ate at applebees and all that extra food on the menu was definitely tempting! but I stuck with a lean sirloin with extra steamed veggies and it satisfied me. I'm very tired though.. it's the no caffeine I'm sure.. gonna take a few days before I'm used to being without it again. But I've already drank my water quota for today and stocked up my pantry so now I'm ready to tackle this week!
jakesmommy, that is an awesome loss for last week!!! I can't wait to be down 13 lbs as well!!!

spryng
10-09-2010, 05:20 PM
oh I had a couple questions on the preconditioning menu.. on the starches, it says two a day, can I have them all at once? Like if I wanted two slices of bread less than 50 cals each, can I have two at one meal?? and on the beans, does it have to be less than 50 cals as well becuase I can't find any less than that per serving.. suggestions??

jakesmommy05
10-09-2010, 06:40 PM
spryng - You shouldn't be eating two starches at one meal and them skipping at another. MRC works because of the combination of foods at each meal. You should be eating one item from each group at each meal.

My center told me 1/4 cup of any of the beans listed on the PC sheet. They never mentioned calories to me. They also need to be fresh or frozen not canned.

Same with the oatmeal - 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal not instant and not quick cook.

spryng
10-09-2010, 07:03 PM
ok good to know, thanks! As far as starches my menu only allows two per day so just two meals I guess. I didn't have one for lunch so I'm having soft tacos for dinner so I'll have a tortilla then :)

ladystarrider
10-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Can someone please tell me what is on the blue menu and what it is for? I have only seen beige and green, and my consultant told me I'd be on green until the end. I need to lose about 30 more pounds, after having lost 47 so far since April. I just want to know. Thanks.

spryng
10-10-2010, 09:42 AM
How often does everyone weigh and do you only count the weigh ins at the center?? I peeked at the scale this morning and i"m already down 2.6 lbs since yesterday! how exciting! I wanted to update my ticker but then thought maybe I better wait until my official weigh in this friday at the center??? what are your thoughts?

jakesmommy05
10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I only update my ticker with WI from the center. I weigh every morning at home but my scale is different that the one at the center so I just update once a week.

Also, Spryng are you doing PreConditioning right now? I was just wondering because you said you could only have starch at 2 meals and when I did PC I was allowed to eat starch and fruit at every meal. Just curious becuase we are around the same weight.....I still lost 4.5 lbs in 5 days with PC.

Good luck to you and your husband!

spryng
10-10-2010, 12:23 PM
yes I'm on the preconditioning menu this week and my counselor wrote outside the starches part just 2 per day, fruit only 1-2 per day (can I have that as a snack or must it be eaten with a meal??) veggies (on our list) are unlimited and protein at every meal..

tmarshall
10-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Haven't posted in awhile, went to PA for a week, stayed on plan, as much as possible, drank not enough water, and two much diet pop, came back weighing 6lbs more, but that turned out to be water weight, lost it in a couple of days, WHOOO! WI today, I'm officially down 65 lbs, and 17lbs from vacation WI!!! I have not been this size since 1998, and I'm halfway to goal. I only have 27 lbs to lose before changing to the next menu, kind of nervous about changing, but I'll see. Would like to reach 199 before Christmas, which would be a wonderful present, because I haven't seen that weight since highschool, and that was 29 years ago! Onederland here I come!

Ps, started in a clothing size of 26/28, which was getting tight, and now a 18, YEAH ME!

teacherlady79
10-10-2010, 01:27 PM
WI today, I'm officially down 65 lbs, and 17lbs from vacation WI!!! I have not been this size since 1998, and I'm halfway to goal. Would like to reach 199 before Christmas, which would be a wonderful present, because I haven't seen that weight since highschool, and that was 29 years ago! Onederland here I come!

Ps, started in a clothing size of 26/28, which was getting tight, and now a 18, YEAH ME!

That's awesome!

I was feeling kind of down about food/dieting last week (I tried really hard but only lost the 1/2 lb I'd gained during anniversary weekend), so I really needed to read this. :)

On the plus side, we had a wedding to go to last night, and I was really nervous about 2 things: the food, and what I was going to wear. I usually hate dressing up (since I've gotten fat) because I never feel like I look very nice. But last night I thought I'd try some clothes that hadn't fit into in a while. I was in 22/24 (which was getting tight) before MRC, and last night I was able to wear an 18/20 skirt & top! And it looked great! So, one whole clothing size down in just over a month made me feel lots better.

And I think i managed the reception food ok. Salad, green beans, chicken...avoided the potatoes and roast beef. Hubby got a slice of cake and I had one small bite of it--just enough to feel like I wasn't depriving myself (I LOVE cake), even though I could even SMELL the yumminess of cake & frosting as everyone around me was eating it.

I'm hoping I'm down some more after this weekend; I get really discouraged if I don't see consistent losses, even if they're small.

tmarshall
10-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the support, I have had many plauteus since starting, but they only last for about two weighins the hardest part is not getting discourage during these, and remember it's your body's way of adjusting to the changes, I wish I would of measured my inches before I started, but my drop in clothing size tells all. I put on a pair of shorts that I was wearing before I started and they literally fall off. This is the first diet that I have lost this much weight, having fun getting skinny, or skinnier,lol

hatethesweatpants
10-10-2010, 05:28 PM
yes I'm on the preconditioning menu this week and my counselor wrote outside the starches part just 2 per day, fruit only 1-2 per day (can I have that as a snack or must it be eaten with a meal??) veggies (on our list) are unlimited and protein at every meal..

From what I understand, the "real food" (starch, protein, fruit) has to be eaten at meals. With preconditioning, snacks can only be veggies and your HNS's. Each meal is chemically balanced. I was saving my fruit for afternoon snack, or saving my starch to have with dinner and was told that's a no-no. Good luck and keep asking questions!

spryng
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
thank you so much Debi! I guess I didn't ask the right questions at my consult because all she did was write on my meal plan how many times I can have things but not in what order or what with what, lol.. so this is good to know, so glad I found this forum!
Today has been great! Just had a chicken salad for dinner with Creamy Bacon waldon farms dressing and it was delicious! that dressing is suprisingly good! I also was so excited I cleaned out my closet and organized all of my favorite clothes that are too small right now so that I can visualize wearing them all again very soon! Can't wait for this week to get moving! :)

theycallmemom
10-10-2010, 11:28 PM
BAH I totally blew it this weekend!!! Between the real reuben on rye bread, the candy corn and peanut butter sandwich - and little tastes and bites in between I blew it.

But tomorrow is a new day, and I WILL be back on plan...I just hope the pound I gained is water and not actual weight...sigh

shannysmomma
10-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Went to the casino for my birthday this weekend. I brought my breakfasts/lunches with me & tried to stay OP for dinner as much as you can at a buffet. I did eat a small piece of the sugar free cheesecake. I didn't drink as much water as I usually do. I'm a little worried about my next WI. I'm thinking I will wait until Thursday so maybe by then if I did gain for whatever reason I will have kicked my body back into losing again. Does that sound like a good idea or does it really matter? I don't want to show a gain when I go WI so it sounds like an ok idea.

Joy2MeNu
10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
shanny,

only matters, if it matters to you!

you might be surprised though, cause sometimes when I expected to see a gain, I would see a loss, then it motivated me to full steam ahead!

spryng
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Morning all!

Day 3 of pre-cond. is going great! I was down another 1.6 this morning, I'm so excited, that is already a total of 4.2 just in two days, I can't believe it!!! I haven't lost 4 lbs in one week in YEARS so to lose it in two days is just flabergasting me!! I'm on cloud nine! Can't wait for my food class on friday and the next phase of this plan.. only good things to come I think!!!! :)

shanny, sounds like you really tried your best, I'm sure even if you did gain it will be back off in no time. Just start fresh today and move forward, no regrets :)

theycallmemom- love your attitude! you know you fell off the plan but your determined to wipe the dirt off and just keep plugging along. You all are really an inspiration and motivation for me, I'm so glad I found this thread!

So what is everyone eating today??

my day so far was breakfast: 1 egg and one cheese toast

I'm about to do lunch and I'm gonna have a soft taco on a low cal tortilla.. no idea for dinner yet, I'm thinking tilapia and maybe broccoli? something simple..

Razorbackbritt
10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Spryng...glad to hear its going so well!

For breakfast I made cinnamon toast and had egg/cheese.

I also made a turkey casserole type dish to eat for lunch and dinner. I just took ground turkey, seasoned it up really good....added broccoli broken down really small (like broccoli soup bits) and mixed tomato basil and cream of chicken HNS in for the sauce. I topped it with a little shredded cheese. I will have enough left for lunch tomorrow too.....so I hope its good!

I need to go weigh in tonight. I usually go in the mornings, but only have time for evenings this week. I am worried the time of day will show a difference on the scale. Did anyone have this issue when they moved their weigh in time?

teacherlady79
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Weighed in this morning, as I won't have time tonight or tomorrow.

I was feeling kind of down last week because of my plateau, so I did meta-quick this weekend (just Sat & Sun). Down 3 lbs today!

Total of 20.5! WOO HOO! :carrot:

AND I went for a bike ride yesterday for the first time in 6 years!

More importantly, I even got my husband to go riding with me. :hug: We used food (eating out and cooking together) as our entertainment for so long--and we hadn't found something to replace that for us--that I was really starting to feel disconnected from him. He had a good time riding, though, and wants to get a bike (we borrowed one for him) so we can do it together every weekend. Well, until it snows.

Joy2MeNu
10-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Morning all!

Day 3 of pre-cond. is going great! I was down another 1.6 this morning, I'm so excited, that is already a total of 4.2 just in two days, I can't believe it!!! I haven't lost 4 lbs in one week in YEARS so to lose it in two days is just flabergasting me!! I'm on cloud nine! Can't wait for my food class on friday and the next phase of this plan.. only good things to come I think!!!! :)

shanny, sounds like you really tried your best, I'm sure even if you did gain it will be back off in no time. Just start fresh today and move forward, no regrets :)

theycallmemom- love your attitude! you know you fell off the plan but your determined to wipe the dirt off and just keep plugging along. You all are really an inspiration and motivation for me, I'm so glad I found this thread!

So what is everyone eating today??

my day so far was breakfast: 1 egg and one cheese toast

I'm about to do lunch and I'm gonna have a soft taco on a low cal tortilla.. no idea for dinner yet, I'm thinking tilapia and maybe broccoli? something simple..

AWESOME! Way to start!

hatethesweatpants
10-11-2010, 06:09 PM
I signed the 60 pound board today! Woo hoo! 2 more weeks and I'll be starting stabilization!!!!

theycallmemom
10-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Back on plan - but with an awful headache!! Thats what I get for piggin out on carbs this past weekend!

Great to see all the loosers here!!!

Heres to a wonderful - on plan week for us all

spryng
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Good morning everyone! how is the day going for you? what have you eaten so far?

This has been a good tuesday so far for me! been working since 5am, I'm off at 1:30 today then I have a 5 day weekend ahead, yay! I plan on getting some much needed housework done and some relaxing :)

Debi congrats on signing the 60 lbs board! that is so exciting! are you excited about stabilization? I can't wait until i'm there with you!

teacherlady, congrats on your loss this week as well!!! I need to dust off my bike too, it's the perfect weather for it :)

razorbackbritt, that casserole sounds great! when I go to my food class this friday I plan on checking out those cream soups you all talk about.. I see you are in arkansas like me! I'm in sulphur springs, how close are ya? maybe we go to the same center :)

That leads me to today's question.. what staples from the center besides the HNS and supplements do you enjoy? what exactly are the creamies, is that the cream soups? what else do they offer, I heard pudding and jello? anything else?

Today is day 4 of PC for me and it's been going fantastic! my cravings have really subsided and I'm enjoying my water more. I was down another .6 this morning.. tom is on the horizon so I'm expecting to stop seeing daily losses soon or even a gain, just hope it doesnt mess up my first weigh in on friday! yikes!

Joy2MeNu
10-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I signed the 60 pound board today! Woo hoo! 2 more weeks and I'll be starting stabilization!!!!

CONGRATS. You have done so well.

Joy2MeNu
10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Good morning everyone! how is the day going for you? what have you eaten so far?

This has been a good tuesday so far for me! been working since 5am, I'm off at 1:30 today then I have a 5 day weekend ahead, yay! I plan on getting some much needed housework done and some relaxing :)

Debi congrats on signing the 60 lbs board! that is so exciting! are you excited about stabilization? I can't wait until i'm there with you!

teacherlady, congrats on your loss this week as well!!! I need to dust off my bike too, it's the perfect weather for it :)

razorbackbritt, that casserole sounds great! when I go to my food class this friday I plan on checking out those cream soups you all talk about.. I see you are in arkansas like me! I'm in sulphur springs, how close are ya? maybe we go to the same center :)

That leads me to today's question.. what staples from the center besides the HNS and supplements do you enjoy? what exactly are the creamies, is that the cream soups? what else do they offer, I heard pudding and jello? anything else?

Today is day 4 of PC for me and it's been going fantastic! my cravings have really subsided and I'm enjoying my water more. I was down another .6 this morning.. tom is on the horizon so I'm expecting to stop seeing daily losses soon or even a gain, just hope it doesnt mess up my first weigh in on friday! yikes!

Spryng, one of the attachments I made available to you earlier has the product list in it, if you care to have a look at it. The file is MRC.pdf and the first page shows the products.

Creamies include cappuccino hot drink, creamy hot cocoa, cream of chicken with vegetables, cream of tomato soup, vanilla creme pudding, double chocolate pudding, lemon chiffon pudding, soy chocolate mini crisps, vanilla ready to drink, chocolate ready to drink.

There could be some changes to this since I joined, but this could give you an idea.

Missinternational09
10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
WI today didn't lose any weight but I didn't gain. So im headed to the gym today to try and make the scale go down. Bought more HSN today and ready to try and get these pounds down so i can officially say that I weigh 199lbs.

Razorbackbritt
10-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Spryng...I go to the Fayetteville center. I doubt you go that far...you are probably in Fort Smith, right?

I will finish the program there as we are moving to the Fort in May after I graduate from grad school.

I really like the creamies...they are great to cook with (tomato basil and cream of chicken) and the soy mini crisps are great to make you feel like you are snacking.

I also LOVE the meal bars. I get the caramel nut and they are lifesavors for when I don't have time to make a great meal or eat right...I can eat a meal bar.

tambolina
10-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Hi Spryng!! We started at the same weight and have the same goal... although you are slightly taller than I am. :) I have lost 15 pounds and 25 inches so far and started the first of September.

The staples I have are the mint chocolate bars (yummy and quick before a lunch meeting) then I order a salad. Stay away from the blue raspberry drink (ick!) I love the Vanilla Creme mixed with frozen blueberries with lunch (really like a sherbert) it makes me full and sweet satisfied for the afternoon.

There are a variety of creamies and they have all been pretty good. The melon/kiwi is great on the run too because I can drink it without adding water (tastes like a watermelon jolly rancher).

I don't like Melba toast, so I buy the 45 cal bread and toast it and put into the food processor and use it as a coating on fish or chicken. I add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and some lite salt. My husband has been asking me to make it now for him. I bake the protein first then add about 5 minuted before it is done for the crunchiness. I made the celery soup from the cookbook last night and it was really good with the chix bouillion. I added browned ground turkey breast and it tasted like a chinese soup.

He has actually lost 6 pounds just by me changing how I cook and he still eats out for lunch everyday. :mad: He has liked everything I cook and last night wanted to try another recipe in the cookbook (egg drop soup) which he really liked. It isn't as thick as the restaurant but it has good flavor.

spryng
10-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Tammie, you weightloss is inspiring!! I'm hoping to be down 15-18 lbs by thanksgiving.. hope that isn't too large of a short term goal :)

Razorbackbritt, I go to the bentonville center, I'm up in northwest arkansas so it's the closest one for me. Fayetteville is about an hr from me.

Joy you are right, I overlooked that page on the attatchments but I found it, thanks! I had printed it all off and put it in my mrc folder :)

Well I just finished a VERY filling dinner of roasted zuchini and squash with chicken and apple.. I feel stuffed even though most were the veggies.. honestly I must confess I'm not much of a cook. About 6 years ago I cooked from scratch ALL the time for the family but then once I started working again full time with 12 hour days etc I would be too exausted to come home and cook on top of it so we kinda morphed into a microwave dinner family. So now needing to cook and prepare meals for this plan has been new to me again but it's been nice and thankfully most things are quick and easy so I don't mind so much :) So this is really a total transformation! :)

tambolina
10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks!! It helps when you are busy to cook a bunch at once. I buy a package of the Jenny O turkey breast burgers and cook them all at once on the George Foreman. They reheat quickly and are pretty good. I also buy a bag of the chix breast and cook them all at once (approx 3 lbs) then cut up and freeze in my 4 oz packages, then I can just grab and go in the morning. By lunch, they are mostly thawed and I can throw it into some soup or reheat and put on a salad. I get really busy at work and I like not having to think about what I should/can eat. Having it prepared is much easier.

One of the best things I found is the Romaine lettuce in a bag that isn't cut up, the whole heads (at our store they come 3 to a bag). Each one is about 8 oz so I can pull 1 out and I snack on it while at my desk for lunch, dip and munch. Feels less like a salad and more like a snack.

ladystarrider
10-13-2010, 08:11 AM
It really is true that the time of day for weighing in can affect your results. I've been going to WI first thing every Saturday morning for some time now. Usually I go with an empty stomach. I couldn't make it this past weekend so I went yesterday afternoon. I was up almost two pounds, even though my scale at home showed a loss when I first got out of bed. I know I have stayed on program, so the gain had to be water or a time-of-day issue. I'm going back to my Saturday pattern this coming weekend. That will give the truest picture of my current weight.
My center is doing a Meta Quick challenge later this month. I'm in for that, hoping to lose my "October 10".

hatethesweatpants
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Well I just finished a VERY filling dinner of roasted zuchini and squash with chicken and apple.. I feel stuffed even though most were the veggies.. honestly I must confess I'm not much of a cook. About 6 years ago I cooked from scratch ALL the time for the family but then once I started working again full time with 12 hour days etc I would be too exausted to come home and cook on top of it so we kinda morphed into a microwave dinner family. So now needing to cook and prepare meals for this plan has been new to me again but it's been nice and thankfully most things are quick and easy so I don't mind so much :) So this is really a total transformation! :)

That's sounds delish! Will you post your recipe?

spryng
10-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Debi it wasn't really a recipe, I just cut up a zuchini and yellow squash, laid them flat in a pan and sprayed them with a little icbnb and sea salt and roasted them in the oven then the chicken I cut up into cubes and sprayed some of the balsamic vinagrette from the wishbone spritzers on it and put them in a pan in the oven as well, in 15 min it was all done and I sliced up an apple as a side as well. It seemed like a lot of food but really wasn't, lol..

ladystarrider, yeah my food class is this friday at 5:30 and they said to come in a little early for my weigh in etc but I think I may go in at 9am friday to weigh and then go back for the class later in the day so my weigh in will be better :) I want my first week on preconditioning to be the best it can :)

Tammie I'll have to look for that romaine in a bag! sounds like something I'd like for a snack for sure!

Well I'm off work today but I plan on staying busy, housework, laundry.. the usual stuff I neglect until the weekend. Its gonna be beautiful weather here so I think me and my 4yo will take a nice long walk later as well :) So here is to another great day!!!

Junie04
10-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Well it's hard to believe the month of October is almost half way up. I don't think I even spoke up on the October thread yet.

I seem to be stuck at this 47 pounds. How come, the closer you get to a big milestone, the slower it seems to get there? I am ready to see the big 50!

ladystarrider
10-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Well it's hard to believe the month of October is almost half way up. I don't think I even spoke up on the October thread yet.

I seem to be stuck at this 47 pounds. How come, the closer you get to a big milestone, the slower it seems to get there? I am ready to see the big 50!

Me, too! You and I are in exactly the same place!

spryng
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Good morning all!! well tomorrow is my official weigh in for my first week on PC.. I'm so excited. I've never lost this much weight in one week ever! per my scale I'm down 5.4 lbs today.. woo hoo! :) my pants are already fitting looser and I'm just enjoying ALL the changes that are happening right now from my body changing to my food intake etc.. the diet itself has been pretty easy! I know there will probably be challenging roads ahead but I'm mentally preparing myself for them. I've set a short term goal of losing 18 lbs before thanksgiving, so that should keep me motivated. Last year I was really embarrassed at thanksgiving and trying to find an outfit that flattered was difficult. I went clothes shopping and was crying in the changing room because everything cute on the rack looked frumpy and horrible on me. This year its gonna be different, I can feel it :) My counselor said if I worked really hard I could see my goal by dec 31st, that is enough to keep my willpower up! to not make losing weight this years new year resolution is a dream come true!!! So here is to another great day on plan!!!

spryng
10-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I just changed my pic on here to one I took just a couple of weeks ago, the other one is several years old after I had hit goal, I kept it all these years because it reminded me of what I want to look like again but I think I need a current one on there now so you all know what I look like :) Can't wait to hit goal and have another one to share!!! :)

tambolina
10-14-2010, 04:58 PM
I just changed my pic ... :)

Your new picture is cute. :)

Well... did you weigh in this morning?? How did you do? I love success stories, so I can't wait to hear. :goodscale:

teacherlady79
10-14-2010, 05:03 PM
UGH! I'm really struggling this week!

I was so happy on Monday to find out I hit my 20lb mark--but now I think I blew it. :( I think part of it was poor planning/choice, the other part was fighting wicked cravings (it's that time of month this week).

I had a work meeting Monday evening, including a "working" dinner. I didn't realize we were eating in, so I hadn't brought anything. DUMB. They had salad and lasagna (and lots of desserts). I had salad and a small piece of meat lasagna (I was starving).

Then we had meetings all day Tues, including a working breakfast/lunch/dinner. I did a shake in the a.m. and avoided the yummy breakfast. Brought a lean cuisine (turkey & green bean) and an apple for lunch (they had more lasagna & treats). Broke down and ate a couple cookies. Then, the ENTIRE dinner was stuff I couldn't eat (BBQ, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, desserts), so I ate the MRB I had tucked into my purse--which I knew I shouldn't eat b/c of the shake in the morning, but figured it was definitely the lesser of two evils.

THEN, I went back on-plan yesterday and today. Did pretty well today, until this afternoon. I was hungry for some reason, and extra water just wasn't cutting it. One of my coworkers had brought poptarts to share, so I ate a pkg of them. I feel better physically (not starving), but I'm so mad at myself. :mad:

I weigh-in tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how much damage I've done then.

I've avoided getting a scale for home because I know I'd want to be on it every day, and that's not totally healthy (or accurate) to look at. But do you think I might be able to control/stop myself more easily if I have my own scale, too?

spryng
10-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Tammie I did weight this morning and was down another .4 lbs, so 5.4 lbs since saturday but my offical weigh in at the center is tomorrow so I'm excited to see what their scale says..

Teacherlady, for me weighing daily does help me make better choices, it's when I don't weigh that I tend to get lax in my eating but then for others it does the opposite so you just have to find what works for you, but don't beat yourself up, just get right back OP 100% and if you gained anything it will be off in no time.

Joy2MeNu
10-15-2010, 11:59 AM
UGH! I'm really struggling this week!

I was so happy on Monday to find out I hit my 20lb mark--but now I think I blew it. :( I think part of it was poor planning/choice, the other part was fighting wicked cravings (it's that time of month this week).

I had a work meeting Monday evening, including a "working" dinner. I didn't realize we were eating in, so I hadn't brought anything. DUMB. They had salad and lasagna (and lots of desserts). I had salad and a small piece of meat lasagna (I was starving).

Then we had meetings all day Tues, including a working breakfast/lunch/dinner. I did a shake in the a.m. and avoided the yummy breakfast. Brought a lean cuisine (turkey & green bean) and an apple for lunch (they had more lasagna & treats). Broke down and ate a couple cookies. Then, the ENTIRE dinner was stuff I couldn't eat (BBQ, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, desserts), so I ate the MRB I had tucked into my purse--which I knew I shouldn't eat b/c of the shake in the morning, but figured it was definitely the lesser of two evils.

Did pretty well today, until this afternoon. I was hungry for some reason, and extra water just wasn't cutting it. One of my coworkers had brought poptarts to share, so I ate a pkg of them. I feel better physically (not starving), but I'm so mad at myself.

THEN, I went back on-plan yesterday and today. Did pretty well today, until this afternoon. I was hungry for some reason, and extra water just wasn't cutting it. One of my coworkers had brought poptarts to share, so I ate a pkg of them. I feel better physically (not starving), but I'm so mad at myself. :mad:

I weigh-in tomorrow, so I guess I'll see how much damage I've done then.

I've avoided getting a scale for home because I know I'd want to be on it every day, and that's not totally healthy (or accurate) to look at. But do you think I might be able to control/stop myself more easily if I have my own scale, too?

Just my 2 CENTS, but I think we all should have a dependable scale at home. But not to use it in an obsessive way, cause that can be unhealthy. Certainly an individual preference as if you can use it without letting it drive you COMPLETELY nuts cause those fluctuations can play with your head!

spryng
10-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Good Afternoon ALL!! ok I had my first weigh in at the center this morning and I'm down 5.3 lbs on their scale!! I'm so happy!!!!! A fantastic kick off on this plan for sure.. just 17 more weeks to go now,lol.. tonight we'll have our food class and I'm excited about it. My husband was down 9 lbs, he is doing really great as well! :)

Joy2MeNu
10-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Good Afternoon ALL!! ok I had my first weigh in at the center this morning and I'm down 5.3 lbs on their scale!! I'm so happy!!!!! A fantastic kick off on this plan for sure.. just 17 more weeks to go now,lol.. tonight we'll have our food class and I'm excited about it. My husband was down 9 lbs, he is doing really great as well! :)

Really Really happy for you. You are gonna leave us all in the dust dearest!

theycallmemom
10-15-2010, 07:49 PM
:nono: Candy Corn IS evil

dkmd27
10-15-2010, 08:50 PM
totally AGREE!!!! (and so are those little orange pumpkins!) ... and don't even think about trying the caramel apple candy corn!

shannysmomma
10-15-2010, 10:34 PM
ALL Halloween candy is EVIL!!!! But we have willpower...just dig deep...we can do it!!! We CAN do it!!!!

spryng
10-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Food class last night was great,I learned alot. My new menu is the Yellow menu for the next 4 days, then I'll go to Blue for days 5-10 then finally Green until goal.. I'm exicited about this Yellow and Blue though, the meta-quick menu. They said it will put me in ultimate fat burn and I should see an amazing loss from it this week, I'm so excited! It's not much food it seems, or maybe not much choices but that is ok, the less choices the less I have to think about. I also bought their cookbook and it's been revamped they said, TONS of recipes in there I can't wait to try once I hit day 11... So anyway, I'm super psyched for this week, tues I will go back into the center for a weigh in and get the blue menu etc.. We took all the kids with us to the class and they were patient in another room coloring and playing together so we told them we 'd take them out for icecream if they were good for us and you know getting them all blizzards and shakes and sprinkles wasn't tempting in any way. I had no urge at all. My sweet tooth has really disappeared anyway so now drinking those sweet hns's will be interesting, lol.. anyway, wanted to share my evening last night with you all and here is to another great OP day! :)

hatethesweatpants
10-16-2010, 10:30 AM
You have such a fantastic attitude, Spryng. Good for you!!!

thinknthin
10-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Ok, I'm really glad that I read this thread. I've been having a horrible time with Halloween candy at school--I teach kinder.
Ate M&M's for dinner one night--not just a small bag but also some out of the big bag--no I finished the big bag. Horrible!
Well, the candy is almost gone at work and I'm home.
I agree that Halloween candy is evil!
PS Kids respond great to it and better than to stickers.

spryng
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Morning all!

yesterday was my first day on the yellow menu and it went great! but boy 8 oz of salad veggies for lunch was A LOT! Didn't realize how light everything was, lol.. But so far the HNS's are good.. very sweet but good, the grape tastes just like welch's grape juice! I bought one of each of the concentrates so I can try all the flavors.. what are you favorite hns's?? also have any of you been on the meta-quick menus? if so how much did you lose on them??

theycallmemom
10-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Morning all! Just booked our hotel for Savannah GA for Thanksgiving....were eating at Lady and Sons for dinner on Thanksgiving! Dun Dun Dun ! But my plan is to stay on plan till then (well as best I can) and then use that day as a planned cheat day, I have checked out the menu and geesh I dont think there is even one thing that is not drowning in butter!!! So far when eating out I have been able to make really good choices, most of the time stay on plan and even when Im off, I still made really low cal, low fat choices and havent seen it effect me to bad. But I have always wanted to go to Paula Deans restaurant, so Im gonna have a great time and not obsess over every morsel I put in my mouth,

Have a great day everyone

Sunshine0105
10-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Morning all! Its my second day of pre-conditioning...I did great on my first day till my hubby and friends decided to go out for ice cream. I ordered veggies but my best friends ice cream and hubby's fries were just to tempting so I had a little ice cream and a few fries. I'm feeling pretty low and wishing I had better willpower. I have such horrible cravings sometimes I feel like I'm pregnant! (i'm not) Does it ever get any easier??

hatethesweatpants
10-17-2010, 11:26 AM
It only gets easier when you say NO for months. For me, every cheat led to another cheat. Carbs are addictive, like crack. It takes a couple of months of painful detox to be able to have the willpower to say "no." Take it from me. When I finally just said, "I can't make those choices or eat that way anymore. This is my new life," the weight came off and the cravings stopped. I can make trail mix or ice cream and not be tempted. It's hard to do this, but in my opinion, being fat is harder. Good luck!

spryng
10-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Sunshine, it will get easier after a few days of not going off plan, allow your body to work for ya :) I did preconditioning for 7 days and after just 3 or 4 days my cravings were gone, I wasn't as hungry except for right at meal time, had more energy etc.. are you taking anything? like mrc6 or anything? I think those help me as well. Now I'm on day 2 of the real plan and it's much stricter but the HNS's do help for sure! But I still have no cravings and am only hungry at designated meal times which is nice.

theycallmemom, I think you have the right idea.. I too plan on being 100% until thanksgiving then my husband and I will take that day off as a planned off day. Then right back on plan etc.. I want to get to my goal as fast as possible for sure! :)

Sunshine0105
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks ladies, today has been easier so far. I grilled chicken for lunch and it wasnt so good, then my parents called and wanted to take us out to eat and I refrained! Food is always hard to turn down, but free food is even harder!
I haven't started taking any vitamins yet, I really couldn't afford to this week, I planned on getting some this friday on payday. I'll definetly look into the mrc6.

thinknthin
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I live in Savannah and have eaten at Lady and Sons many times. I ate there once for Thanksgiving and it will be ok. Yes, the Lady does drown everything in butter but watch you portion control. When I ate there at Thanksgiving, it was very busy and I don't feel as though I ate too much. Plus, it's just one meal. I think that Thanksgiving is more dangerous foodwise when you have the endless left overs. Go, enjoy, and have fun! Then get back on track!

theycallmemom
10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
thinkthin - do you happen to know if the shops will be open on thanksgiving? I know the museums wont be, so we sill do a few of those Friday, but Im hoping to do some Christmas shopping while were there

thinknthin
10-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't think that the shops will be open on Thanksgiving but I could be wrong. Lady and Sons is by City Market which has some art galleries and some small shops. There is a candy shop there which sells pralines and a wine tasting store. Ok, maybe not the best choices but good regional favorites.
What kind of Christmas shopping are you thinking about? Savannah has two malls and Hilton Head has an outlet mall. Oh, and there is Byrd Cookie Company which is a must go to store. And, they have great gifts.
Enjoy your stay in Savannah. It is a beautiful time of the year here.

theycallmemom
10-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Not looking for anything in particular, I know it when I see it LOL. Like to find stuff my kids cant really find at every gift shop around...

Im really excited about going, have always wanted to!!! Thanks for the info !!!

thinknthin
10-18-2010, 07:17 AM
Another thing that I thought of was that Savannah is a very walkable town. So, if the shops aren't open, walk around and enjoy! Even though you're eating out in the town, you should be alright if you get out and walk the "squares." Have fun!

MEEZOOGIRL
10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Morning all! Just booked our hotel for Savannah GA for Thanksgiving....were eating at Lady and Sons for dinner on Thanksgiving! Dun Dun Dun ! But my plan is to stay on plan till then (well as best I can) and then use that day as a planned cheat day, I have checked out the menu and geesh I dont think there is even one thing that is not drowning in butter!!! So far when eating out I have been able to make really good choices, most of the time stay on plan and even when Im off, I still made really low cal, low fat choices and havent seen it effect me to bad. But I have always wanted to go to Paula Deans restaurant, so Im gonna have a great time and not obsess over every morsel I put in my mouth,

Have a great day everyone

Hi... I live in Savannah.. It's such a great town for Walking.. There is so much to do downtown.. City Market, Riverstreet, Forsyth Park,.. and Broughton street for shopping.. The Lady and Son's is dangerous.. I've gotten their chicken and not eaten the skin. Ask for a side salad instead of the heavy sides too.. That helps a lot. Paula does love her some butter.. It's DELICIOUS though.. She has a little store next to the restuarant now.. Love to walk around there.. Hopefully the weather will be nice.. It's been hot here still, but cooling down now..

spryng
10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Morning all!

well I don't think the yellow menu likes me very much, I'm following it 100% and I was up 1 lb this morning.. I go to weigh at the center tomorrow and am praying it's gone by then and I show a loss for this hard work and not a gain!! The yellow menu is suppose to put our bodies in deep fat burn but not sure if my body got the hint yet, lol.. i was losing better on preconditioning! but I'll keep plugging along and just keep 100%, eventually my body has to surrender, right?

teacherlady79
10-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Well, no gain or loss last Friday, and that's good enough for me when it's my time of the month!

I agree with all of you about the "saying No" for a long time before the cravings go away. I had some wicked PMS-related cravings last week and I gave in to them--M&Ms, popcorn, etc.--thinking it would make my cravings go away. It only made them worse! Debi is right, carbs/sugar are like crack! :devil:

I was pretty good this weekend, so here's to a hopefully-on-plan week this week.

By the way, I'm loving the changes in my body as the weight is coming off--makes the struggle to hit 20lbs totally worth it. Between losing the weight and doing yoga for a few weeks, I can really feel a difference in my muscles, definition, and body shape (the hourglass figure is slowly coming back!).

Good luck this week, all!

hatethesweatpants
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Morning all!

well I don't think the yellow menu likes me very much, I'm following it 100% and I was up 1 lb this morning.. I go to weigh at the center tomorrow and am praying it's gone by then and I show a loss for this hard work and not a gain!! The yellow menu is suppose to put our bodies in deep fat burn but not sure if my body got the hint yet, lol.. i was losing better on preconditioning! but I'll keep plugging along and just keep 100%, eventually my body has to surrender, right?

Hey Spryng,
This happened to me, too.
Did you get the "Plateaus are good signs" paper from your center? It basically states that "you may plateau or even gain a bit after your first 7-10 days. On the first part of the plan, your weight loss is due to water loss. After 7-10 days, this stops and your body readjusts so that the cells don't collapse. This is where real fat loss begins. Water is heavier than fat so while your weight remains stable or even increase, you actually are losing fat." Keep it up and hang on, you're right, your body MUST surrender!

spryng
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
thank you so much debi! yes I got that paper and I just re-read it, I had forgot about it! So I'm on day 10 today counting my first day of preconditioning so that makes total sense! no more water weight, it's gonna be real fat loss now, that makes me feel a ton better!!!! I was starting to blame it on my hour long soak in the bath last night, thought maybe my body sucked in some extra water, LOL!! I guess I saw this yellow menu and thought I'd be down another 5 lbs this week but my body is adjusting so I should give it some time and it will respond on the scale again.. I'm so glad you brought that to my attention, thanks!
Does anyone know what the blue menu is like? I'm not trying to complain but I'm sooo tired of 1/2 cup cottage cheese and a huge 8 oz salad for lunch each day, getting harder to choke that big salad down so I was hoping the blue menu had more cooked veggies and less raw.. I hope I hope, lol

Sherral
10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi all. I am new to this thread and the forums, just happened upon it as I was looking for others doing Metabolic, so glad I found you all. I love MRC. I have lost 42 lbs and have another 60 or so to go. Thanks for all of the ideas and recipies, I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Junie04
10-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi all. I am new to this thread and the forums, just happened upon it as I was looking for others doing Metabolic, so glad I found you all. I love MRC. I have lost 42 lbs and have another 60 or so to go. Thanks for all of the ideas and recipies, I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hi, and welcome to the threads! I have been doing MRC for about 5 months and am down nearly 50 pounds. I hope to hit 50 or better at my weigh in today! Good luck to you.

aprilw94
10-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Did metaquick this week...it never disappoints me! 6.5lbs woo hooooooo!

Razorbackbritt
10-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I ended up losing .5 pounds while I was gone out of town! Woohoo!

Remind me again what is metaquick? If I remember correctly, a shake for breafast, a meal bar for lunch? Does the center put you on that or do you just do it?

Joy2MeNu
10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
I ended up losing .5 pounds while I was gone out of town! Woohoo!

Remind me again what is metaquick? If I remember correctly, a shake for breafast, a meal bar for lunch? Does the center put you on that or do you just do it?

yip, here it is again (Meta-quick):

Metaquick is restrictive, but easy and tasty -- it's a shake or bar for breakfast and a shake or bar for lunch (so if you did a bar at breakfast, do a shake at lunch) (plus your HNS as usual) and then, the typical dinner -- 4 oz protein, vegetable (4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw) and your starch. Can do this 7 days out of the month -- all together or in segments. Drink 65 oz+ water as usual. It sort of jump starts your system back and the center recommends it when you hit a plateau.

spryng
10-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Good afternoon all! :)

well I went to the center this morning but my weight remained the same, not too worried since it's only been 4 days since I weighed last and my scale showed a gain a couple days ago so I say staying the same must be a good thing, lol. I start the blue menu tomorrow.. so glad it's only 5 days long, these 8oz salads for lunch are getting really old! but I can do it for another 5 days then I'll be on the green menu and can just choose cooked veggies instead, yay! :) But I get to start my creamies tomorrow and I'm excited to try the double chocolate pudding :) The little things in life that make me happy, LOL.

razorbackbritt, that is great about the .5 loss! keep up the great work!

april, 6.5 is amazing!! I hope they want me to try metaquick soon, lol.. I could sure use a bolster like that! :)

Welcome to the thread Sherral!! Hope you find yourself at home here!! :)

Well here is to another great OP day!!!!

spryng
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
oh I wanted to mention too they had me use the ketone strips for the first time, the little chart in the bathroom said light pink (trace) was perfect, well I was the far opposite end, the darkest maroon! Is that a good thing or bad?? I would think if I was in deep ketosis I'd be seeing bigger losses but maybe not, I'll need to research that one I guess. But anyway, just an interesting tidbit. I hope my weigh in saturday shows a good loss for this week, goodness knows I've been 100% on plan and would like to be rewarded on the scale for it, lol

Razorbackbritt
10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Spryng, my center tells me that anything above a "small" reading is bad for your body. Did you tell them your reading? What did they say?

spryng
10-19-2010, 09:57 PM
yeah I told her and she said it was fine, I got to thinking about it more after I left so that is why I brought it up here.. I know if I was on a low carb plan (like atkins) that would be an awesome reading so I didn't know if it was good on this either or not..

Sherral
10-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Spryng – BTW, I love the way you spell your name. Thanks for the welcome. I have been enjoying reading your posts. I appreciate how upbeat and positive you are, that will get you all the way to goal! The double chocolate pudding is great, enjoy. Wow, dark maroon, maybe the sticks were old or something.

Junie – did you hit your 50 lbs. That is awesome weight loss in a little bit of time. Congrats on your success so far!

April – Hi there, nice loss this week, can you have your meal at lunch on Mediquick and do the meal replacements for breakfast and supper?

dkmd27
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Mediquick doesn't allow MRCs for supper...you need food to get through the overnight fast. Having said that, on occasion I used them for supper when I got home from work way too late to eat.

Mediquick, even when I did it to the letter, didn't work for me, not during or after. It effects everyone differently. It was very convenient which is why I did it.

spryng
10-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Good afternoon all!

I have to just say the double chocolate pudding was great!! I haven't had chocolate in 12 days so it was heaven on my tongue, lol.. I haven't craved sweets or chocolate but it was still nice to have, a nice change.

Well I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. Hope you all are having a great OP day! :)

Junie04
10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Spryng BTW, I love the way you spell your name. Thanks for the welcome. I have been enjoying reading your posts. I appreciate how upbeat and positive you are, that will get you all the way to goal! The double chocolate pudding is great, enjoy. Wow, dark maroon, maybe the sticks were old or something.

Junie did you hit your 50 lbs. That is awesome weight loss in a little bit of time. Congrats on your success so far!

April Hi there, nice loss this week, can you have your meal at lunch on Mediquick and do the meal replacements for breakfast and supper?

Yes I did, Sherral! Thanks for remembering. I made it to 51!

Thank you! You are doing great yourself.

Sherral
10-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Yes I did, Sherral! Thanks for remembering. I made it to 51!

Thank you! You are doing great yourself.

Awesome! How exciting, you must feel so good about your accomplishment.

Razorbackbritt
10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
So I got two excellent pieces of new today...

1) at WI today, I have lost 2.5 pounds...making it 3 for the week...total weight loss of 17 pounds! (my ticker has been a little off....until now!)

2) yesterday I had my sugar retested. Earlier in the summer, my A1C level (measurement of sugar over 3-4 months) was pre-diabetic. Now...its in the NORMAL range! Woohoo! The doctor was so proud of me and I am so relieved that diabetes is not an immeadiate scare!

spryng
10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
That is all great news razorbackbritt!!! how long have you been on the plan?

Junie congrats on breaking 50lbs!!! how exciting!!! :)

Well my day is going well. I don't think my scale and I are friends any longer, lol.. I have been following this plan to a T.. weighing, measuring EVERYTHING, taking my supplements and hns's.. and I'm on the strictest menu (yellow and now blue) and I showed a .4 gain today.. I'm not letting it get me down but if I don't lose anything at my weigh in on saturday I'm gonna talk to the counselors about it.. I'm also looking forward to the green menu. :) I was just really praying to be down 15 lbs by thanksgiving and at this rate it's not gonna happen. I know stalls and slight gains are normal so it's not making me want to eat something off plan or anything but even though you know it's gonna happen doesn't mean you have to like it, LOL. But I'll keep plugging along each day and I know eventually my body has to cooperate. :) Oh and I tried the hot chocolate today, it was even better than the pudding!! yum! :)

teacherlady79
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
I know stalls and slight gains are normal so it's not making me want to eat something off plan or anything but even though you know it's gonna happen doesn't mean you have to like it, LOL. But I'll keep plugging along each day and I know eventually my body has to cooperate. :) Oh and I tried the hot chocolate today, it was even better than the pudding!! yum! :)

I agree on struggling with the stalls and gains, but it usually makes me want to eat something off plan (kind of like a self-defeating "it's not working anyway, so I might as well eat something I like"). Which, of course, makes me feel down on myself and makes the rest of the diet that much more of a struggle. :( Yay for you keeping a positive attitude about it, though!

I also agree on the hot chocolate--Yum! I liked the first few bites of the pudding, but the more I ate it, the more it seemed to have an odd aftertaste.

Joy2MeNu
10-21-2010, 03:22 PM

1) at WI today, I have lost 2.5 pounds...making it 3 for the week...total weight loss of 17 pounds! (my ticker has been a little off....until now!)

2) yesterday I had my sugar retested. Earlier in the summer, my A1C level (measurement of sugar over 3-4 months) was pre-diabetic. Now...its in the NORMAL range! Woohoo! The doctor was so proud of me and I am so relieved that diabetes is not an immeadiate scare!

This is the best news ever. While it is so great to shed the pounds, fending off diabetes is even better, so a huge congrats to you RazorBB.

Razorbackbritt
10-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank you Joy! The normal sugar reading was the best news! I was walking to campus when the doctor called and wanted to cry I was so happy!

Spryng...I have been on program for 41ish days (maybe 42, 43...around that). Don't give up! Your initial loss was probably water weight...now your body is beginning to fat burn. I lost 5 pounds during pre-cond, then gained .5 for 2 weeks...then started losing like crazy. Stay on program...it works! Just be patient! Also, be sure you are drinking enough water. Now that I've bumped my water from 90 to 120 ounces a day, I have seen more weight loss.

Good luck!

spryng
10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
oh I'm not considering giving up, lol.. but wow razarbackbritt, you gained for two weeks and still stuck through it?! that is real endurance!! How did you stay sane those 2 weeks praying it would start going the other direction?? You are a true motivation, thanks for sharing that! :)

teacherlady, I agree about the pudding, it did have an aftertaste! I'm looking forward to putting it in some recipes but not sure if I want much by itself, lol

so what is everyone having for dinner tonight? I'm on the Blue menu so tonight I think will be some tilapia and brocoli stir fry with a slice of bread on side.. simple and easy and pretty tasty if I can find the right seasonings, lol so what you all having??

Sherral
10-22-2010, 08:11 AM

That is such great news! :carrot:
I have not seen my doctor since I started, I can't wait to see her, I know she will be happy with my progress. She has alot to do with me being able to do it. I had been in her office talking about my problems sticking and nervous eating, so she put me on an anti anxiety med and it was a very low dose. I only took it for about a month but it really helped me in the beginning not to turn to food to handle my stress. I think I will bring her flowers on my next visit!

hatethesweatpants
10-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Such good news all around, everyone! Congrats! Spryng, your body has NO choice. It will cooperate! Just rest assured that you are burning fat and you will see a big drop eventually. Way to hang in there.

I started stabilization today! Wow, so nervous, but excited!

spryng
10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
congrats Debi!!! so what changes for you now, did they add something new today? and I know you are right.. maybe I just need to stay off my scale at home because yet again I've lost nothing today and my official weigh in at the center is tomorrow and I'm not having much hope on seeing any loss this week and I feel like I've given it 110% so it is starting to bring me down some.. but I'm only on the blue menu two more days, monday I will start the green so maybe something will pick up then. So I'm trying to stay optimistic and strong, lol I really am! :) I have no urge to go off plan or anything I just hope if something doesn't happen soon they'll have a plan B for me to try to get things moving again or SOMETHING, LOL

hatethesweatpants
10-23-2010, 11:16 AM
congrats Debi!!! so what changes for you now, did they add something new today?

Spryng,
It looks different for me than most because I was on meta-balance. But, in week 1, I replace my morning HNS with an ounce of protein. In week 2, I get about 10 more starch choices and drop another HNS. In week 3, a bit more protein and drop an HNS. Week four, we assess my basal metabolic rate and I get a calorie goal (1200, 1500, 1800) and tips on how to stay in that range.

spryng
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Good Afternoon All! :)

I had my weigh in today and after pouring out my heart about how depressed I was getting the last few days the counselor was awesome, she informed me that even though the yellow and blue menus are the strictest menus they don't necessarily produce weightloss, they get your body into deep fat burn and when you start the green menu it will begin to pay off, and showing from my dark colors on the ketostix I'm definitely in deep fat burn. I start the green menu on tuesday and can't wait to see what comes next but to my surprise I did lose a lb this week! my scale kept showing a gain or slight loss and a gain so I had no idea what it was doing. She also remeasured me and I've lost 7 1/2 inches! woo hoo!! she said some people don't lose that in a month so even though my scale hasn't been moving fast the inches are melting off, which is just as awesome :) so she made my week and I'm ready to tackle a new week!

Debi I heard many still lose a few lbs during stabilization too so this is an exciting time for you!!! Can't wait to see how you like it! :)

pbolton1
10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Ending my fourth day on the yellow menu (again). Man, it gets tougher every time. I am proud of myself that I've survived. In some ways, I think the blue menu is even harder, but at least I can have my chocolate :-) Green is a piece of cake. Counting the days.....

spryng
10-24-2010, 11:42 AM
oh my stall must definitely be over because this morning (on my scale) I was down 2.6 lbs!! I had to re-weigh myself 3 times because I didn't believe it, LOL!! now i'm really looking forward to my midweek weigh in at the center on tuesday so it can be official, lol.. woo hoo! I'm on cloud nine today!! Here is to another fantastic OP day for us!!!! :)

Sunshine0105
10-24-2010, 11:53 AM
yay spryng! that's awesome! I was down 1 pound this morning. Hoping this week shows a big loss, I'm doing the yellow menu this week...have to say I'm NOT looking forward to it. I love veggies, but dang it seems like thats ALL i get to eat this week. Here's to hoping I can make it another week! :)

Junie04
10-24-2010, 12:36 PM
That is all great news razorbackbritt!!! how long have you been on the plan?

Junie congrats on breaking 50lbs!!! how exciting!!! :)

:)

Thanks so much Spryng!

Good luck starting the Green Menu Tuesday. I know you will do fabulous!

patzi
10-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi ...
My name is Patzi, and I am so glad to have found you. I started at the beginning of September, and have lost 8 pounds so far and 20 1/4 inches. I have had a few plateaus and the counsellor has suggested different ways to get out of it, and it has worked.

Congratulations to the losers.

Patzi:

Junie04
10-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Hi ...
My name is Patzi, and I am so glad to have found you. I started at the beginning of September, and have lost 8 pounds so far and 20 1/4 inches. I have had a few plateaus and the counsellor has suggested different ways to get out of it, and it has worked.

Congratulations to the losers.

Patzi:

Welcome Patzi! You will find some great advice and helpful tips on this site. Good luck to you! You have done great so far!

spryng
10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Welcome Patzi! What have been some of their suggestions for breaking stalls?? I'm always curious to see how many different plans they have or tweaking they can do to make it work for each of us, I really am in love with this plan :)

Junie, how is your weekend going?

Sunshine, I know what you mean about the yellow menu! I just finished it about 5 days ago and that 8 oz salad at lunch and then another 4 oz at dinner with 4 oz of cooked veggies was a killer! I'll be so glad when I get to the green menu and never have to eat another salad (unless I want to, lol) but the yellow menu will put you in deep fat burn so it's pretty great, so hang in there and remember it's just 4 days long! :)

Sunshine0105
10-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Spryng, are you on the blue menu now? I start that friday, please tell me its a little better? :)

ShaddenA
10-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I know this might be posted in the wrong spot but none of the other posts were in 2010. I have been thinking about signing up with MRC. I am 29 and weigh 204lbs. I used to always be 120 until I got pregnant in 2003 and ever since I just gain and gain and gain. Has anyone went to the MRC in Omaha or Bellevue? If so what of their pills did you buy besides their $12 a box required protein supplements? I am a single mother and have a limited income so it's very hard for me to spend all this money on pills but I need to do something about my weight. Any help is appreciated.

hatethesweatpants
10-25-2010, 08:58 AM
I know this might be posted in the wrong spot but none of the other posts were in 2010. I have been thinking about signing up with MRC. I am 29 and weigh 204lbs. I used to always be 120 until I got pregnant in 2003 and ever since I just gain and gain and gain. Has anyone went to the MRC in Omaha or Bellevue? If so what of their pills did you buy besides their $12 a box required protein supplements? I am a single mother and have a limited income so it's very hard for me to spend all this money on pills but I need to do something about my weight. Any help is appreciated.

You really do not need to buy any supplements other than the protein supplements. A multivitamin and essential fatty acids are required and you can buy them at any drugstore. They'll really try to sell you on them and make you believe you have to have them, but you can say no. Many people have lost weight on this program without the supplements (you're averaging about 800-1000 calories/day!). Good luck with your decision and please ask any questions you may have.

Sherral
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Welcome Patzi, glad to have you with us. This is a very supportive group.

I am so glad this weekend is over, I fell off the wagon on Friday and yesterday. Not sure what my problem is but I'm shaking off the dust. No scale for me right now, I am sure I am retgaining water. Going to work today, I am normally off on Mondays just to keep myself occupied and out of trouble.

Debi, I appreciated what you said to Spryng about goals and I am now focusing on a small goal of getting under 200 by December 1 as we are going on a 3 day cruise then. So i am going to work my goal and let the motivation come if it chooses, but if not thats ok too.

Everyone have a great Monday!

Razorbackbritt
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Well....I goofed up last night and had sushi with my husband. It was a date night, and I just couldn't bring myself to let him eat sushi alone while I ordered steamed chicken and veggies....so I indulged.

I am up 2 pounds today, which is most likely water weight due to the salt in the soy sauce. I'm tightening back up, but I always feel so sad about going off program when I weigh the next morning and have gained.

Also, I started drinking some the shakes for breakfast...and I can't seem to get them to not be chunky. I tried a shaker, a mixer, and I still have lumps of powder in my drink. Any tips for that? I don't like chewing my drinks....

spryng
10-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Morning All!!! How is everyone doing today?

Sherral, I like your attitude, shake off that dust and just keep plugging along :) It's really all you can do in situations like that so don't beat yourself up for it, shake it off and start fresh today :)

Debi, how is stabilization going for ya? you enjoying the extra protein each day?

Shadden, welcome!! Debi is right, the only thing you must buy at the center is the hns's but you should still take the efa's but you can get those pretty cheap at walmart etc.. I say make your consult appointment and talk to the center about it. They seem to work well with tight budgets etc. My center so far hasn't acted like selling products is their main concern, if you want to buy some, great, if not they don't treat you any differently and will still guarentee that weightloss in the end :) so you can lose with or without for sure.

Sunshine, yes I'm on the blue menu, today is actually my LAST day on it (yay!) if you give me your email address I can send you it if you'd like to see it. It's kinda the same as the yellow except you don't have to have a salad at dinner anymore and you get to start the creamies while on it which is nice! but the blue menu is only 5 days so just remember that, we can do anything for 5 days :)

Well I was just taking a quick break from work to post here, this week I have tons of overtime so many 12 hour days this week.

spryng
10-25-2010, 10:56 AM
razorbackbritt, you snuck in on me while I was posting, lol.. oh sushi would be my downfall too! I LOVE that stuff, lol.. but the good news is that your gain is probably ALL due to the soy sauce for sure, remember it takes an additional 3500 calories to gain one lb of fat, so if you see your scale move so suddenly it's usually ALWAYS due to water retention and will be gone in a day or two max :) and sushi is naturally low calorie so I'm sure it won't set you back very much. I have no tried the shakes yet (are the good?) but I know I have a hard time getting my hot chocolate and powder hns's clump free too, so maybe someone else knows some tricks for that, I'd love to know too! :)

teacherlady79
10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Well....I goofed up last night and had sushi with my husband. It was a date night, and I just couldn't bring myself to let him eat sushi alone while I ordered steamed chicken and veggies....so I indulged.

I am up 2 pounds today, which is most likely water weight due to the salt in the soy sauce. I'm tightening back up, but I always feel so sad about going off program when I weigh the next morning and have gained.

Also, I started drinking some the shakes for breakfast...and I can't seem to get them to not be chunky. I tried a shaker, a mixer, and I still have lumps of powder in my drink. Any tips for that? I don't like chewing my drinks....

Yeah, I fell off the wagon this weekend, too. We were really busy doing yardwork on Sunday--trying to beat the forecasted showers that never ended up happening--and I just made myself a quick PB&J sandwich rather than making something on-plan (already had a shake that morning, so couldn't do another one, bah!). Then we went to a friend's yesterday and I did ok for lunch, but ended up snacking on a few cookies, chip, and popcorn in the afternoon. :^:

Anyway--I love the shakes for breakfast. I use my Magic Bullet to make mine and they come out silky-smooth. I put the water in first, then the powder, so the powder ends up closest to the mixing blades. It just takes a few seconds. If you're using a regular blender, I would recommend putting the powder in first (at the bottom), then gently pouring the water on top. For some reason, that just seems to mix it better.

Spryng--As far as the hot cocoa, it's hit or miss and usually has a few chunks. It helps if you use extra-hot water, stir/mash, and then let it sit a few minutes before stirring again and drinking. I also usually stir with a fork and use a couple extra ounces of water.

ShaddenA
10-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Spryng, when you say efa's do you mean the multivitamin and the flax oil/omega 3-6-9? I did already do a consult I'm just worried because I seen some comments about the program on a different site. Alot were putting MRC down and alot were saying it worked great. So I guess I'm just confused and afraid of spending $400 just for the program if it doesn't work. I think I have decided I still want to do it. I am scared because I don't know what to expect. I do know that I will have to learn to drink water and lay off the caffeine. I have a 6 yr old so it would be nice if he could eat some of what I will have to eat. As for the menus I thought each person got put on one menu and that was it. Sounds like you change it up every 4-5 days? Could any of you give me an idea of what Ill be eating? I am a very picky eater so I'm worried about that as well. Also, I'm probably going to sound like a pig when I ask this but...I have a large family and we love Thanksgiving, with that coming up what do they advise you to do, not eat with your family? I am sorry this post is so long so hopefully someone will read it lol :)

ShaddenA
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Oh btw Teacherlady, I see you are in Omaha as well? What center do you go to the Bellevue one or the Omaha one? Have they ever been like pushy sales ppl to you?

Sunshine0105
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM
spryng, my email is shorstuf283 at live dot com. Sorry, I haven't posted enough yet to be able to put my email in. LOL I'm really curious to see whats ahead for me! Today wasn't to bad on the yellow, but now I'm off to my mother in laws for a cookout. I'm going to try and stay op as much as possible...wish me luck! LOL

spryng
10-25-2010, 06:18 PM
sunshine, I just emailed the blue menu to you, let me know if you don't get it, I hope I put your email in right, lol.. good luck at the cookout! just plan ahead and stay strong, you can do it!

shadden, yes EFA's are the omega 3's and 6's.. and yeah every diet will get negative feedback as well as positive, it's just sifting through the ones that didn't really try on the program and wanted to blame the program etc.. I think every diet out there works IF we work them, just some doesn't fit our lifestyles as well as others. I can't speak for everyone else on here but for me this plan is working 110%.. I've tried everything from atkins to nutrisystem and what I needed was a stricter plan with accountability of a coach or counselor. I can't lose weight with just an online forum of friends, it helps but I need someone looking at my food log and saying, Nope you shouldn't have had that or seeing my weigh in's and know I'm following the plan etc, I needed someone breathing down my neck for once, lol.. and I told the ladies at my center to give it to me straight and not be nice if they see me veer off, lol.. and it's working, I honestly can't tell you the last time I've been on a program 17 days and not cheated already.. something has just "clicked" this time. Not saying I'll always be perfect for sure, thanksgiving is a planned off day for me but the center is aware and they said they'll help me by suggesting serving sizes etc so at least I can maintain that week, they are totally supportive! But anyway, I hope you decide what is right for you whether it's this plan or not. What helped me decide as well was I went through old posts, back to 2007 on here and read for hours and saw the successes everyone was having, it's inspiring and realistic for sure. Hope that helps!

hatethesweatpants
10-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Shadden, I agree with everything Spryng says. It works if you make it work! I've tried so many things and it wasn't a problem with the "diet" per se, but with my readiness and ability to follow the plan. Losing weight is a mathematical equation. You just need to find a program that you can stick with and you will see success.

@ Spryng, maintenance is going well. Just having to face the demons of having a bit more freedom and not going overboard! >-< This is a long journey and process!

ShaddenA
10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Thank you all for your posts. I know that for me to keep going I need that person breathing down my neck as well. I also need the meal planning and somewhat quick results so that I know it's working. I am one that gets discouraged easily. I was just worried that it might not be a good time to start with the holidays coming up, and my 30th birthday in the begining of January. However I don't really want to wait that long to start because then I feel like I am just making excuses for myself to not do it.

spryng
10-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Debi I see your ticker has changed and you are down 5 more lbs, congrats!!! you are sooo close to goal!! :)

Shadden, I turn 31 in feb so I know what you mean and just think you could be down 25+ lbs by your bday! How great is that for a present? lol.. my goal this year is to be at goal by my bday as well, feb 11th..I cannot wait! :)

Sunshine0105
10-25-2010, 09:19 PM
spryng, I didn't get the email. Its shortstuf283 at live.com I didn't check but I might've typed it in wrong I was in a hurry. LOL

Ladies, I FAILED at the cookout tonight, my mother had veggies so i ate those and my drink thinking I was doing ok, but when the hawaain sweet rolls and butter came out...omg I caved and I caved HARD. I'm feeling so guilty now. I've been sailing through this so far not cheating other then the first day and I just sunk myself. :( So here's my question I'm on day 1 of the yellow menu, thursday was my last day, should I go ahead and do it through friday to make up? Or just go ahead and start the blue menu as planned? The rest of this week WILL be better! Hope you all have started your week out better then me!

teacherlady79
10-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Oh btw Teacherlady, I see you are in Omaha as well? What center do you go to the Bellevue one or the Omaha one? Have they ever been like pushy sales ppl to you?

Hi ShaddenA--

I go to the one on 120th & Blondo. I live in midtown, so either one (West O or Bellevue) is kind of a drive for me. Char (Charlotte) is my favorite consultant, but I like Brad & Thea, as well. When you go for your initial appts/visits, try to get in with one of them (it's ok to request specific people sometimes). They are all required to tell you about the supplements they sell, but some consultants are a lot less pushy than others--Char & Brad are especially about helping you be successful, and once you say "no," they don't push the sales pitches.

As far as the menus go, I think it depends on how much weight you have to lose, what your eating preferences are, and how aggressively you want to lose weight. Since I'm over 200 lbs, I'm on the beige (MetaSlim, I think) menu. I actually started on the white menu (MetaSLim Plus) until I hit 250 lbs, then the switched me to this one. My understanding is that I"ll stay on this one until I get closer to 200 lbs.

I was miserable during preconditioning--hungry all the time and desperately craving carbs. But once I started on the menu, I was fine. I remember telling my consultant (Char) that I was miserable before actually starting on the menu, and she asked if I wanted to try the menu she had planned for me, or if I would rather go with a "Less aggressive" menu. I decided to try the one she planned, and it's been fine.

I'm a picky eater, too, though I didn't realize it until I started this diet. I really don't like many veggies, and I get sick of them easily. For the most part, though, it's been okay. It was scary at first, but once you get into the routine, it's not bad.

ShaddenA
10-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Well I live in South Omaha so I thought that Bellevue was closer for me, I just hear so much that all the centers are different. Some great and some not good. I had my consult with Andra at the Bellevue location. I am at 204 right now with a goal weight of 130 in 24 weeks. I also tend to not like eating the same things over and over so I will have to keep reminding myself what I'm doing this for.

Spryng, I would love to be 25lbs+ lighter by then, my birthday is 1/6 and it would be one of the best birthday presents to myself. Good luck to you also on hitting your goal by 2/11 :)

Sherral
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
:wave:Good mornning everyone

Debi, nice loss. Dropping 5 when you are so close to goal is no easy feat, so happy for you. You help keep us motivated.

Well, I hope my fall off the wagon is over, it is so tough for me to get going again but i have great counselors that help me and of course all of you do too.

Spryng, always love to read your posts!

It is great to see all the new posters. Welcome.

Busy day today, need to get an early start. I hope everyone has a great day on program.

Junie04
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Welcome Patzi! What have been some of their suggestions for breaking stalls?? I'm always curious to see how many different plans they have or tweaking they can do to make it work for each of us, I really am in love with this plan :)

Junie, how is your weekend going?

Sunshine, I know what you mean about the yellow menu! I just finished it about 5 days ago and that 8 oz salad at lunch and then another 4 oz at dinner with 4 oz of cooked veggies was a killer! I'll be so glad when I get to the green menu and never have to eat another salad (unless I want to, lol) but the yellow menu will put you in deep fat burn so it's pretty great, so hang in there and remember it's just 4 days long! :)

Hi Spryng! How are you doing this week?

My weekend was pretty good. I am supposed to weigh in today but I am not sure if I will make it. The weather is looking pretty bad.

Do you all weigh in twice a week or do you just go in once? It's becoming increasingly hard to get there twice a week, though I haven't missed yet. I think I might ask them about me going only once a week. What do you all think?

spryng
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
yay! my mid week weigh in today, I'm down another lb!!! and I wore my jeans this time (I had been wearing my light shorts and t shirt but it was too cold today) so I'm thrilled :)

Junie, the week is going fantastic! I have been weighin in twice a week too but they did tell me once would be fine, up to me.. since I live about 45 min away. But so far the twice a week hasn't been a problem, but when winter sets in I bet I go down to one, I live in a very hilly place with lots of bluffs and winding roads that freeze quickly so I'll be extra cautious once that weather sets in.

Sherral
10-27-2010, 11:21 AM
:carrot:A big Wooo Hooo for Spryng, that is great you lost a pound with jeans on, probably more like 2! keep up the great work!

hatethesweatpants
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Great job, Spryng! It will pay off, I promise you! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...lol!

spryng
10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
thanks sherral!! LOL! too cute debi thanks! Yep slowly but surely it is adding up and I'm already feeling 100% better and my clothes are fitting well, I'm even getting some self confidence back.. didn't realize it was gone until I realized it was coming back, lol.. but I tend to stand a little straighter and look people in the eye and not constantly worry about if my clothes are clinging to me or if I look too frumpy, lol.. starting to feel like my old self and that is wonderful :)

so question to everyone.. are there ways to make the recipes without the supplements?? like the cheesecake, do any of you make it without the supplements? or the chilli without the tomato supplement? or any others??

Joy2MeNu
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
thanks sherral!! LOL! too cute debi thanks! Yep slowly but surely it is adding up and I'm already feeling 100% better and my clothes are fitting well, I'm even getting some self confidence back.. didn't realize it was gone until I realized it was coming back, lol.. but I tend to stand a little straighter and look people in the eye and not constantly worry about if my clothes are clinging to me or if I look too frumpy, lol.. starting to feel like my old self and that is wonderful :)

so question to everyone.. are there ways to make the recipes without the supplements?? like the cheesecake, do any of you make it without the supplements? or the chilli without the tomato supplement? or any others??

Yippy, I knew this was gonna work for you! What an incredible start!

spryng
10-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Good morning all!

Chilly morning here in arkansas, had to turn my heat up to get the chill out of the house. I'm a spring and summer person so this fall weather isn't for me and winter certainly isn't my friend, lol.

I don't have much to report, just staying the course and I'm enjoying the green menu! I don't know if I'll ever want another salad, lol.. so glad it's my choice now :)

So question of the day, which mrc recipe have you liked the best so far?? I haven't tried any but I got all the ingrediants to try the chilli this weekend. I'm excited about it.

Well here is to another great OP day for us! Stay strong and that weight will be a thing of the past in no time! :)

Razorbackbritt
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I really liked the crab cakes. They are realllllllly good. I bought some packaged refridgerated crab at Walmart in the cold seafood section. It was big pieces and easy to use. Be sure not to buy imitation crab...lots of sodium can be added.

patzi
10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi..
Sorry it took so long to get back, but someone asked me what center suggested for the stalls..
1. They changed me from the Meta Slim Three Meal Plan back to the Days 1-4 for two days and I lost weight.

2. Another time they put me on two days of bars & HNS for breakfast and lunch and I don't recall supper, but I think this was called the Meta Quick Plan. If interested I will go back and look.

3. I lost weight on Tuesday, but they put me on two days of the Day 5-11 plan and the rest of the time on the 3 Meal Plan

Told me when I ate out if I was leary of how food was prepared, to take a Fat & carb blocker just before the meal.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask..

All in all, I am losing..
Patzi

wendinnc
10-28-2010, 04:13 PM
okay..... so I haven't posted in awhile, but I thought I would give an update. I am in my second week of stabilization and am now 1 pound away from meeting my goal. :) I have actually been hungrier now on stabilization than I was on the green menu, but am trying to fight it and not cave in. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it.... I started in May so it hasn't come off quick, but the results and efforts sure are worth the time spent. I read the posts regularly and you all are an inspiration!!!! Keep up the great work! :)

pbolton1
10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Hi..
Sorry it took so long to get back, but someone asked me what center suggested for the stalls..
1. They changed me from the Meta Slim Three Meal Plan back to the Days 1-4 for two days and I lost weight.

2. Another time they put me on two days of bars & HNS for breakfast and lunch and I don't recall supper, but I think this was called the Meta Quick Plan. If interested I will go back and look.

3. I lost weight on Tuesday, but they put me on two days of the Day 5-11 plan and the rest of the time on the 3 Meal Plan

Told me when I ate out if I was leery of how food was prepared, to take a Fat & carb blocker just before the meal.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask..

All in all, I am losing..
Patzi

As I was doing the yellow menu, I thought I'd keep in mind doing that for a few days when I plateau. Thanks for mentioning it. I've tried the Meta Quick Plan, but I lost nothing. I really don't like doing the bars as I get hungry too quickly after I eat and the meal replacements give me an upset stomach. They are filling though and I do LOVE them.

Day 13 today. Weigh in tomorrow. I am looking forward to the green menu so I can have salads again in the evenings. I guess I'm one of the few who love my salads :) I did have one last night for dinner as that was the only option at the restaurant. I don't think lettuce and tomato is going to mess up my progress.

spryng
10-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Morning all!

pbolton, how did your weigh in go today! enjoy the green menu! I know I sure have :)

wendinnc, congrats on being one lb from your goal! How exciting is that? I have heard alot of people lose weigh in stabilization, I can't wait to join you!

Patzi, I think I'm the one that asked how they break your stalls so thank you for sharing! Do you stall often?

razorbackbritt, I'm gonna have to try those crab cakes, I love seafood so it will be right up my alley :) I really can't wait to try something with the cream of chicken, I think it's delicious on it own so paired with chicken or maybe spaghetti squash for a noodle soup etc sounds heavenly to me, I'm gonna go through my recipe book today and try something :)

Well I have the today off from work and monday also so a 4 day weekend for me, yay! I'm relieved. Work has been so stressful lately. So today I'm gonna get my house all ready for my parents visit tomorrow so I'll stay busy. (as long as I don't get distracted, lol) My weigh in is tomorrow and I hope I'm down another lb! :) have a great OP day all!

hatethesweatpants
10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
okay..... so I haven't posted in awhile, but I thought I would give an update. I am in my second week of stabilization and am now 1 pound away from meeting my goal. :) I have actually been hungrier now on stabilization than I was on the green menu, but am trying to fight it and not cave in. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it.... I started in May so it hasn't come off quick, but the results and efforts sure are worth the time spent. I read the posts regularly and you all are an inspiration!!!! Keep up the great work! :)

Good for you! I'm on my 2nd week of stabilization, too. It really boosted my weight loss...I've lost almost 7lbs in 2 weeks! I'm really really done losing and want to get on the 1500 cal so I can stop. Wow, did I really just say that!? I agree, the results are totally worth it. All the stalls, days after days of dry chicken....all worth it to see my hubby's clients faces last night after not seeing them for a year. Most didn't recognize me! In fact, one guy sat and talked to me for a while, then came up to me later and confessed he didn't recognize me before! Keep it up, everyone, you will get there if you follow the plan!

pbolton1
10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Weigh in this morning was exactly the same as Tuesday. This is day fourteen, so I guess that is to be expected. I start the green menu tomorrow, so that should help. Can't wait to have cottage cheese and my fruit at lunch :)

spryng
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
debi now that you are at your goal weight, what size are you? I'm so excited for you!!!!

pbolton, yes your weightloss should pick back up once you are into the green menu :)

I am having the best lunch! Chicken noodle soup!!! I boiled a 4oz chicken breast (Added onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, etc to the water) then steamed a spaghetti squash... added a cream of chicken to the broth and the spaghetti squash noodles and let simmer for a little bit and it's amazing! the squash taste is totally gone and has absorbed the flavors of the soup so it really does taste like homemade chicken noodle soup! yum!

hatethesweatpants
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm a size 10/12. I'm 6'1" tall, so I can carry a bit more weight than most. Anything under 155 and I start looking gawky.

Junie04
10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Hello everyone! I am feeling pretty good today on this Friday afternoon!I lost at the weigh in today and it's Friday. What more could you want!

Hi Wendi! Glad to see you around again. I can't believe you are more hungry on the stabilization menu. That doesn't sound promising. I hope you start getting used to it.

Hi Spryng! That is wonderful about your confidence. I know what you mean. I am going through the same thing, with looking people in the eye again. It's a wonderful feeling.
One of my favorite recipes was the Cheeseburger soup recipe. However it does use up a creamy, so I don't use it too often anymore. I can't seem to find a good soup recipe that doesn't use a creamy.
Thanks for the chicken noodle soup recipe. It sounds yum! For the cream of chicken, are you talking about the creamy MRC supplement?

Razorbackbritt
10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok, so I have been using some Tomato Basil for spaghetti sauce...on spag. squash and ground turkey...but I just REALLY hate the color of the HNS..and the taste isn't very good.

What do you do to "dress up" the tomato basil? I have tried using fresh herbs, and it might change the taste...but the Pepto pink color is so unappetizing to me.

Suggestions?

spryng
10-29-2010, 06:08 PM
yes Junie I mean the cream of chicken mrc supplement, I can't wait to make it again, it was so good!

wendinnc
10-29-2010, 06:12 PM
I DID IT!! I MADE IT TO GOAL!!! :)

I am so excited..... I have been waiting for this day for a l o n g time. My sis comes to visit tomorrow with her family for the weekend and I haven't seen her in a year. I am looking forward to seeing her reaction.

June you are doing amazing!! To think that we started at the same time and all the weight you have lost. WAY TO GO!

I hope we can all withstand the halloween candy this weekend. I need to stay as far away from it as possible!

hatethesweatpants
10-29-2010, 06:28 PM

:carrot::hug::carrot::eek::bravo::cp::cp::cp::hat:

hatethesweatpants
10-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh, I have a trick for Halloween candy. Wear a rubber band around your wrist. Whenever you even THINK of having some, give yourself a little snap. Pretty soon, the negative association really begins to sink in! It works - found it in a cognitive behavioral training for dieting program.

Junie04
10-29-2010, 08:41 PM

June you are doing amazing!! To think that we started at the same time and all the weight you have lost. WAY TO GO!

I hope we can all withstand the halloween candy this weekend. I need to stay as far away from it as possible!

You are amazing! Congratulations! I know you are excited!

Thank you so much. I am happy right now, and that's saying a lot.

patzi
10-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Congratulations. I am so happy for you.
Patzi

Sherral
10-29-2010, 10:50 PM

I am so excited..... I have been waiting for this day for a l o n g time. My sis comes to visit tomorrow with her family for the weekend and I haven't seen her in a year. I am looking forward to seeing her reaction.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you.:carrot:

Sherral
10-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Good for you! I'm on my 2nd week of stabilization, too. It really boosted my weight loss...I've lost almost 7lbs in 2 weeks! I'm really really done losing and want to get on the 1500 cal so I can stop. Wow, did I really just say that!? I agree, the results are totally worth it. All the stalls, days after days of dry chicken....all worth it to see my hubby's clients faces last night after not seeing them for a year. Most didn't recognize me! In fact, one guy sat and talked to me for a while, then came up to me later and confessed he didn't recognize me before! Keep it up, everyone, you will get there if you follow the plan!

The evening must have been wonderful, I am sure you were on cloud nine and rightly so, you deserved every compliment. Please stay with us, you are an inspiration.

spryng
10-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Morning all!

How is this weekend going for everyone?

Ok I have to say we made the mrc taco chilli last night for dinner and YUM!!! it's soooo good!! And this morning I had the chocolate cheesecake, it was a big serving, I was so full afterwards! :)
The kids had a blast trick or treating last night, our surrounding towns did it last night instead of today so I'm glad it's over, lol. I dont have any cravings for candy so it wasn't a problem to not touch any. I didn't make my weigh in saturday so I'll go tomorrow, I'm still hoping i'm down at least a lb, per my scale I keep gong up .6 and then back down so I have no idea what it will settle as this week, lol..
well I hope you all are having great weekend!

Sunshine0105
10-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Happy Halloween all! This is one time I'm glad to live in a small apartment complex...no trick or treaters so no candy to buy to hand out...whew! :)
I have one more day on blue and I'll get to move to the green. I've done fairly well on the blue menu. I've had to eat out a lot but I've made smart choices opting for salads and leaving off what I can't eat. Tonight was a failure though. :( I weigh in tomorrow, still hoping for a loss! Have a great week all!

Missinternational09
11-01-2010, 12:17 AM
WI Saturday down 3lbs for a total of 30lbs lost finally!!! So very excited to be out of the 200s hopefully by the end of this week.

ShaddenA
11-01-2010, 01:06 AM
I am going to start the MRC program on Nov. 4th, wish me luck I'm so scared because I just don't know what to expect for the pre-conditioning. I am not telling many that I'm doing this because they won't understand why I think I have to pay someone to help me lose the weight. They will see it as a waste of money for something that I could do myself. I have some friends that for the first time in a long time want me to go out with them on Saturday after I am supposed to start the program. I'm assuming that drinking any alcholic beverages are definately out of the plan now I'm trying to think of reasons I cannot go. I don't mind not drinking, I'm not much of a drinker anyways but they would still wonder why I wasn't.

hatethesweatpants
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
WI Saturday down 3lbs for a total of 30lbs lost finally!!! So very excited to be out of the 200s hopefully by the end of this week.

Totally awesome! From here on out, expect to see big changes in your body! :carrot:

hatethesweatpants
11-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I am going to start the MRC program on Nov. 4th, wish me luck I'm so scared because I just don't know what to expect for the pre-conditioning. I am not telling many that I'm doing this because they won't understand why I think I have to pay someone to help me lose the weight. They will see it as a waste of money for something that I could do myself. I have some friends that for the first time in a long time want me to go out with them on Saturday after I am supposed to start the program. I'm assuming that drinking any alcholic beverages are definately out of the plan now I'm trying to think of reasons I cannot go. I don't mind not drinking, I'm not much of a drinker anyways but they would still wonder why I wasn't.

Welcome! Don't worry too much about pre-conditioning. It's hard to sort of detox from the carbs, but we all did it and you will survive! :dizzy: I avoided a lot of social situations at first b/c I didn't want to explain. Now, I realize, explaining that your losing weight and how you're doing it is part of the journey to accepting yourself. I am not embarrassed anymore that I had to have help. Being overweight is not a character flaw or a lack of will power! It's very difficult and MOST people cannot do it without help. Now, when people ask, I am very upfront about it and proud that I was strong enough to ask for help.

Now, avoiding the situations at first b/c you're afraid you'll be tempted to eat off plan...different story! It takes a while to gather the will. You're right - no alcohol. That actually helped me a ton b/c alcohol really lowers my willpower.

Good luck and feel free to ask all the questions you need here - this is a terrific, supportive group!

teacherlady79
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM

I completely understand about not wanting to tell many people. For me, it was because I'd failed so many times to lose weight, I didn't want to say anything until I started to see results. I also wanted to see, as the weight came off, if anyone would notice without knowing I'm on a diet (i.e., they aren't looking for it). And, I really just didn't feel ready to discuss it.

One thing I've found, though, is that the more people I tell, the more accountability I have. I dreaded going to my husband's work party in September, knowing there would be alcohol and virtually nothing I could eat. I ate ahead of time and brought some supplements with me to keep me from eating. When people kept pushing food at me--not accepting the "I'm not hungry" excuse--I finally said I was on a really strict diet. The hostess asked what I was doing, and it turned out she had been on MRC & lost 60lbs! She gave me a bunch of her leftover supplements to take home, and made everyone quit trying to get me to eat. And, just knowing that everyone knew I was on this diet that she was so successful on made me less likely to give in and eat a bunch of crap--because I knew that they knew I wasn't supposed to eat it.

If you don't feel like you can overcome the temptation this early, definitely don't go, or you will sabotage yourself and feel worse. If it's just because of the alcohol, you can go and just have a diet Sprite or something and still socialize. Early on, I told myself "I can't avoid these social situations or shut myself in forever, but I also know I can't deal with it RIGHT NOW."

Do what's best for you!

RockinRachel
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I just started the MRC program on Tuesday and was looking for some online support. It looks like I have found it! I've lost 2.5 lbs. so far and I am feeling pretty good!

The receipes on this site are amazing! I can't wait to try some of them. Well, I'm off to drink my HNS!

Junie04
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM

That is awesome! Way to go!

Junie04
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I just started the MRC program on Tuesday and was looking for some online support. It looks like I have found it! I've lost 2.5 lbs. so far and I am feeling pretty good!

The receipes on this site are amazing! I can't wait to try some of them. Well, I'm off to drink my HNS!

Hello, and welcome to the boards!

spryng
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon all!

Ok my weigh in was today and I'm bummed...I GAINED 1/2 lb.. so frustrating when I've been 100% op and see the scale hate me so much, lol.. they looked over my chart and said I was in a real plateau.. I was literally holding back tears and could barlely answer her questions because I was on the verge of crying. I felt silly feeling that way but I feel like I've been trying so hard and it's not paying off.. so she recommended trace minerals. She said she's always seen them work for breaking plateaus so I was all for it, so here goes another week and hopefully this saturday I'll see my hard work pay off :) I did buy some new clothes at the mall to keep me inspired since my scale isn't doing the trick, got a size smaller than I am now and hoping to be in them by thanksgiving! so we'll see!!! :)

ShaddenA
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Thank you for the replies and I wanted to say Congrats! to some that I see reached goal weight. I am sure once I start the program I will be on here alot because I will need all the support I can get. The only ones that support that I need the help to lose the weight is my mother and one of my cousins, so I only have a few ppl that I can call during those moments that I will probably be arguing with myself about something :)

spryng
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
are we allowed to have an hns with dinner on the green menu? I know it's not on my menu but says I can have up to 4 hns's a day but other than before bed I don't know how to fit them all in, I've been doing 3 a day (one with breakfast and lunch and one before bed) but thought maybe I'd go up to 4 to help get out of this plateau..

hatethesweatpants
11-01-2010, 05:48 PM
are we allowed to have an hns with dinner on the green menu? I know it's not on my menu but says I can have up to 4 hns's a day but other than before bed I don't know how to fit them all in, I've been doing 3 a day (one with breakfast and lunch and one before bed) but thought maybe I'd go up to 4 to help get out of this plateau..

:hug: Hang in there, Spryng! :hug: You are doing all of the right things. Yes, max your HNS's. I usually had one as a mid-morning snack. Also, do you eat the same things every day? Sometimes, I would try something new for breakfast - like ground turkey or buffalo instead of eggs/cheese or eat more fish and it would jump start my loss. Are you getting your 2 nights/week of either steak or salmon? I swear I would lose after eating those meals. I think our bodies go into starvation mode sometimes and hold onto fat.
Good luck!

Joy2MeNu
11-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Spryng, yes you should always max, so work another clear hns in (perhaps mid- to early afternoon, or with your dinner. My experience was to have every hns you possibly can have! Best!

spryng
11-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Joy I think I'll definitely try to aim to get extra hns's in, I tend to forget about them but if I can do it with dinner and then before bed it sounds doable :)

debi, no I don't eat the same things, I have red meat twice a week and fish, bison and chicken on the other days.. I like variety so I know it's not from my menu. They think I'm just gonna be prone to lots of plateaus so we'll tackle each one as they come. They told me to try and stay positive because the mental aspect is just as important as the physical so I'm working on that. It's just hard when I know I'm working so hard and staying so firm and it not paying off, but I know I'll get there even if there are tears along the way :) I just appreciate everone's support for sure! :)

shannysmomma
11-01-2010, 08:37 PM
6 months ago today I started MRC & I got to sign the 90 pound board today!!!! My goal for 6 months was 100 pounds and even though I didn't make it I feel totally awesome with what I have accomplished. I have my body comp on friday and I can't wait to see how many inches.

Spryng I totally understand wanting to cry when you know you have be OP 100% I hit my first right before I hit 60 pounds and I was really upset because I know I did everything I was supposed to do. I recently hit another one that lasted over a week and even though I was upset I told myself that my body needed to take time to catch up with all that was going on. It needed to get used to the fact that no matter how stubborn it was going to be with not budging on the scale I was not backing down and I was going to stay strong with this program. I know that it gets upsetting, but you can do it. So when it happens to me I just keep on going. Keep OP and it will eventually show on the scales. Even though the scale isn't moving you are losing inches and it will show!!! Keep up the good work!!

Razorbackbritt
11-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Spryng....how much water are you drinking? I plateaued and they told me to up my water from 90 ounces to 120....and off it came!

patzi
11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Spryng...

I have my 4th HNS a couple of hours before dinner, if I am hungry and have another one with dinner. Green menu says, to have a HNS with breakfast,
optional mid morning , one with lunch, mid afternoon snack, optional,
and one as an evening snak, optional. I h ave my HNS with my meal, except for one in mid afternoon, and at night if I feel like something, I have a cocoa.
I think I am correct on this. If not, I am sure someone will correct me.

I know where you are coming from with the 1/2 pound weight gain. Have been there more than once, and I almost cried in the chair, and could not concentrate on the talk, but the next time, I lost, so it does h appen.

Just hang in there, you will do well next weigh in.
Patzi

patzi
11-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Once since I have been on this diet, and I started beginning of September, I had a chocolate craving and it was terrible. I had purchased some diet chocolate soda, just in case this happened and I made the Death by Chocolate drink in the cookbook , page 237. It was soooooo good, and took my craving away. The recipe replaces one creamy supplement.

I sometimes have the cocoa at night if I feel like a sweet treat, and I enjoy that also.

Patzi

spryng
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Thank you all so much! you have made my night with your wonderful words! I am drinking between 70-100 oz of water each day and my counselor today said I should try to stick within 5oz of a certain number (like say 80 oz) so my body will understand how to process the water and I don't show extra water weight, she said sometimes when we go from 64 oz one day and 100 the next our body will hold onto that extra 30+ oz instead of use it. So it was just a suggestion so I'm gonna try that this week, use the trace minerals and try to get in all 4 hns's and surely something will give :) I'm staying positive for sure!! I know I am losing inches because I can feel my clothes fitting so much better and I had to take my bra's in a notch which is a small but wonderful feat, LOL.. I bought myself some new tops today at the mall, they are a size smaller than I am now so if my scale isn't gonna motivate me those tops definitely will because I'd LOVE to wear one on thanksgiving, lol.. so anything to spur me on for sure! :)

Have any of you used the trace minerals to break a stall before? the counselor said she's never seen it not work so that was encouraging :)

Sherral
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Spryng - I feel your pain, I have been stalled for a week, they said at center due to alot of stress, which I am definately under. So, I am going to up my corti Trim to 2 per meal for a few days and see if that helps. I can hear your determination, keep holding on, the body will let go eventually. I think I also need to be more diligent in my exercize to keep the scale moving. Hang in there. When will you weigh in again? I am going to go on Thursday and hope for a loss. My hubby and I are going on a 3 day cruise the 1st week of December and I want to be below the 200 mark, so 17 between now and December 3rd, I am hoping and praying. Lets do it!!!!!

Junie04
11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Good luck to you Spryng. I know it's frustrating. I have been there before too.

I've never heard of the trace minerals.

I actually look forward to my HNS after supper. It's like my dessert! I have one with breakfast, one in between breakfast and lunch, one in between lunch and supper and one after supper. It gets protein in my body about every 2-3 hours and keeps the metabolism up.

spryng
11-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Morning all!

Well I got in 3 hns's yesterday, today I'll aim for 4 for sure :) I had the chocolate cheesecake for breakfast, the serving is so big I actually feel stuffed afterwards! But it's tasty :)

Sherral, I go back in saturday for my next weigh in.. I usually do tues and sat's but this week my work scheduled changed but it will be back to normal next week. I am staying positive that I'll see a good loss this week.. this body is gonna give in or else! LOL! I won't give up that is for sure.

ShaddenA
11-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Ok, I just signed up this morning and am now on pre-conditioning week. I also started weighing 4 lbs less then what I weighed at my consultation. I have to go to the grocery store. I am always barely making it out the door on time in the mornings so does anyone have any suggestions as to breakfast? Something that I can possibly cook the night before and warm up or something that can be cooked quickly in the microwave in the morning? I am really picky when it comes to eggs the whites have to be fully cooked not runny at all.

Joy2MeNu
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Ok, I just signed up this morning and am now on pre-conditioning week. I also started weighing 4 lbs less then what I weighed at my consultation. I have to go to the grocery store. I am always barely making it out the door on time in the mornings so does anyone have any suggestions as to breakfast? Something that I can possibly cook the night before and warm up or something that can be cooked quickly in the microwave in the morning? I am really picky when it comes to eggs the whites have to be fully cooked not runny at all.

My "go to" breakfast to get me out the door quick was either keeping no fat or low fat cottage cheese in my frig at work and my trusty sesame melbas or 2 boiled eggs and melba. I wasn't use to eating breakfast, so anything was more than I was use to, so I just needed EASY and this did it for me. And of course, I always kept a supply of HNS with me at all times. GOOD LUCK. We are in the NOVEMBER THREAD now!

ShaddenA
11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Haha thanks, I'm a little behind and didn't realize we were out of October.