Old 10-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Default How Did You Choose Your Signature Name?

Hi Everyone!

I'd love to hear how people came up with their IP signature names. What's the "story" behind how you chose what shows each time you make a post?

My signature name is pretty straight forward: Make It Matter.

Last winter I finally decided to gain control over issues in my life which I had let spiral downward. Getting back into shape, losing weight and committing to a healthy lifestyle were on the top of the list.

For me, Make It Matter, means being present and engaged in the moment and living each day with purpose. In being "engaged and present" I have 100% control and responsibility over my life and how I live it. I'm in control and need to take ownership of my impact on myself and others (yes, and my impact on the earth).

I lived too many years just letting things "slide by" without caring one way or another as to what the outcome was. As a result, I didn't care about myself and it definitely showed up in my weight (gained almost 100 pounds in about 3 years - pathetic - yep). But that's the past. I've acknowegded it. Accepted it. And am advancing past it.

So... that's the story behind my signature name. What's yours? I'd really love to hear your story, no matter how simple, odd, comical, or practical.
makeitmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post

For me, Make It Matter, means being present and engaged in the moment and living each day with purpose. In being "engaged and present" I have 100% control and responsibility over my life and how I live it. I'm in control and need to take ownership of my impact on myself and others (yes, and my impact on the earth).

I lived too many years just letting things "slide by" without caring one way or another as to what the outcome was. As a result, I didn't care about myself and it definitely showed up in my weight (gained almost 100 pounds in about 3 years - pathetic - yep). But that's the past. I've acknowegded it. Accepted it. And am advancing past it.

That's great! Sounds like you have a great attitude and outlook!!

Mine is not as meaningful - it's just my name, Katie, written another way.

k plus 80 = k + 80 = k80 = keighty = Katie

Katie is a pretty common name so I tried to come up with something that wasn't already taken.
kplus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #3  
Dave - The Speedo King

When it comes to selling, I am deity.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 AM   #4  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

The T is for my name, Tonya, and the minus80, is for my weight loss goal. So ultimately, I will be Tonya minus 80 lbs.
Tminus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

A=Ashley
clai=Claiborne
4067=zip code when I lived in St Lucia, QLD, Australia
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

ShowgirlAZ...

I had a conversation with my grandmother about my weight loss. I told her I really thought I could do it. She said "then you better SHOW me, GIRL!" I liked that and said "Fine! I'll be your "showgirl"!" I liked the double meaning since most "showgirls" are very slender and shapely. The AZ is for the state I live in.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

I am in 4 life.

To live better and longer. And to be committed for life to live better!!

Last edited by in4life; 10-02-2010 at 06:55 AM.
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Nothing that spectacular but here is how I came up with my username:
T=Tina
L=Lou
E=Edwards
11=November
03=the 3rd of Nov which is my birthday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by tle1103; 10-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:33 AM   #9  

Thanks to everyone who's shared so far! Even the "simple" ones have meaning and are interesting IMHO.

I feel like I'm getting to know people a little better, instead of just seeing a name/title.

Connections...Are good.

Last edited by makeitmatter; 10-02-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
That's great! Sounds like you have a great attitude and outlook!!

Mine is not as meaningful - it's just my name, Katie, written another way.

k plus 80 = k + 80 = k80 = keighty = Katie

Katie is a pretty common name so I tried to come up with something that wasn't already taken.

I luv the name Katie! If my second (and last) baby had been a girl, Katie would have been her name. But I had a boy, who I'm sure would not have appreciated it!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #11  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Maudlinly sentimental, but truthful. Watch out!

I like words. I like what they stand for; how they feel when you say them; how they almost taste sometimes; how you can put them together. Funny, since I'm mildly dyslexic and have had to work hard for them to come out right on paper.

Well, I like them all. But that doesn't mean that I don't have favorite sounds. Ls and Ns, for instance. Aspirate Hs. I've had lots of occasions to name things. But very few occasions to name animates. Pets; our son. So when I got the puppy that I've wanted for over 40 years (but didn't have a life style to take care of) I labored over his name.

AKC registration -- Okekai [the pedigree registration] Linden Bellamy. Singularly simple and bland, almost insulting, as registered names go. Still, he is a bel ami.

But I screwed up. Lindy sounds too much like Andy (The Eighteen Year Old Cat). So, thanks to Melissa I became Lindy; and Lindsey is The Puppy.

I can not believe I'm going to post this.
Where's the smiley that shows you with your head in your hands?
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:39 AM   #12  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I have loved cats all my life. I love some breeds of dogs (labradors) too, but I love the way cats move; I could (and do) watch my little tabby cat with wonder as she gives herself a bath, and the p-u-r-r-i-n-g? Heavenly sound and feel to me. It connects with my soul.

I use some variation of my cat's name for my password on many sites, but her official name is *****, The Wonder Cat, thus my sig name.

these stories are fun to read, so thanks, makeitmatter
the wonder cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I like words. I like what they stand for; how they feel when you say them; how they almost taste sometimes; how you can put them together. Funny, since I'm mildly dyslexic and have had to work hard for them to come out right on paper.

Well, I like them all. But that doesn't mean that I don't have favorite sounds. Ls and Ns, for instance. Aspirate Hs. I've had lots of occasions to name things. But very few occasions to name animates. Pets; our son. So when I got the puppy that I've wanted for over 40 years (but didn't have a life style to take care of) I labored over his name.

AKC registration -- Okekai [the pedigree registration] Linden Bellamy. Singularly simple and bland, almost insulting, as registered names go. Still, he is a bel ami.

But I screwed up. Lindy sounds too much like Andy (The Eighteen Year Old Cat). So, thanks to Melissa I became Lindy; and Lindsey is The Puppy.

I can not believe I'm going to post this.
Where's the smiley that shows you with your head in your hands?

Lindy, what are you doing up Sssssssooooooooo late? It's way past time for you to be in bed!

So if we lived in the same area code, you'd be the one I Could call when I didn't know how to pronouce a word? There's nothing more frustrating to me then when I read and don't know 1. What a word means and/or 2. How to correctly pronounce a word.

Thus my favorite book is a dictionary!

Sweet dreams Lindy!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone..love the name stories!

I choose Journeysend, because this will be the End of my many years of diet Journeys!! Been on many many diets over the past 40 years lost the weight and put it back on and more!! I finally found this one that works....so it will be my "Journey's End" in the weight battle!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-02-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Mine is not too hard to figureout. I use LAShutterbug, live in Louisiana and do photography. See kinda boring but easy for me to remember.
LAShutterbug is offline   Reply With Quote