Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds - OCTOBER daily check in

cathyxxx
10-01-2010, 01:38 PM
hey gang :wave:

i just realized that it is October....probably my favorite month of the year :) hope everybody is having a great :running: day!!!

cathyxxx
10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

the UPS guy just dropped off my box from amazon with 2 workouts I had ordered. It's the Punch Up Your Walk and Walk Off Even More Weight boxed workouts from Target. Our Target never had them in the store and I have been wanting these. I'm so excited :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Toonses
10-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Will not be able to work out with LS today (granddaughter is coming over for the night) :bb: so I just took a 3 mile walk. It is so nice, cool and crisp outside. Can't wait until it warms up into the 90s by the end of the day.:dancer:

AnnieDrews
10-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Cathy-I am beginning to like October much more as I get older, but I still prefer spring time. I hate to see winter coming. Big hoorah for new DVDs!!

Toonses (Grandma!:D)-Enjoy your grandbaby! I love the cooler weather, too. I've been sitting on my porch alot lately and have the windows open.

Did my usual 3 mile Boot Camp w/ bands this morning. After that 5 mile yesterday I was really feeling it in my legs. Guess that's a good sign!

Karen925
10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands. Great news on the DVDs. Let us know what you think.

Karen925
10-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Heading to the Hill Country. Pumpkin patch, fresh apples, hiking, picnic. See you on Monday.

cathyxxx
10-02-2010, 01:33 PM

I just did 2 miles. I used the Walk Off Even More Weight dvd and wore the 2 lb weight belt. you wouldn't think 2 lbs makes much different but I was READY to take it off and felt so much lighter with it off, which is kind of an interesting reminder of how hard even a few extra pounds is on us.

Annie - our winters are pretty mild in Louisiana, so I don't think too much about that, but October is a like a perfect month of weather for us, and there is not all the hussle and bussle for me in Oct as there are in other months ;) I could take about 6 months of October ;)

hope everybody has a great weekend!

Toonses
10-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Boy, had a tough night with my granddaughter. She was up most of the night, yawn, yawn. I was able to complete the 3-Mile Bootcamp this afternoon.

Went shopping this afternoon to get some clothes for fall. I have dropped 4 sizes and was shocked. I finally can wear clothes that fit. I also found out I have a waist and I am no longer in the "Womans" section. Yea baby.

Hope you all have a great Saturday evening.

Toonses
10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Completed the 5-Mile Boosted Walk this morning. What a workout. It is a little bit humid here today and I was sweating up a storm.

Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!

cathyxxx
10-04-2010, 12:34 PM
WOW Toonses - CONGRATS on being 4 sizes down!!! that's awesome!

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Punch Up Your Walk dvd and used the punching gloves.

I want to do the new 3 mile walk that Leslie has streaming on her website but it doesn't seem to play right on my home computer and is real jerky which could drive a person NUTS while they are trying to walk LOL it seems to be running fine here on my work computer. might be the difference in internet speed.

hope everybody has a great :running: day!

AnnieDrews
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey gang!!

Toonses-Awesome job on dropping 4 sizes!! What a boost for you!

I had really hoped to be able to get a 5 mile in this morning, but I did do the 3 mile Boot Camp. Not sure how I am going to work in a longer workout...:?:

want2bfit4me
10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I have been so busy for the past week that I have not exercised in 6 days.

Had to get in a quick application and a very in depth resume that took me forever to finish turned in the the VA Hospital last week. Then had a visitation and funeral to boot. Way to much running back and forth.

Was at Walmart yesterday and I had been eye balling the 3 mile boot camp workout wondering if I could even do it. So I splurged and got it.

I just finished all 3 miles. Will try it again on Wed. Was not as bad as I thought it would be. Definitely need to get a sports bra though.

Leann

AnnieDrews
10-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Definitely need to get a sports bra though.

Leann

:p Good job!!

Karen925
10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
1 mile slim down, resistance bands, horse riding western & cantering (to a degree).

Toonses
10-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Tonight I did my LS Pilates, lifted weights and crunches. Tried a new weight routine tonight. My arms are a shakin....:lifter:

AnnieDrews
10-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Toonses-I smile every time I see your pic. They picked the perfect feline for that character.

Well, I compromised with myself for now. Up until now, I usually do 3 miles M-W-F and 2 miles Tu-Th. I am going to do 3 miles daily now and see how that works out. I am not going to stress about getting 5 miles in right now. I just cannot get up any earlier and my time is already budgeted very tightly in the evenings.

Today I did mile 1, mile 2 and mile 5 (w/ cool down) before work of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk. I don't like stopping and starting the DVD, but it worked out pretty well.

I did order a new DVD from Amazon. It is the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.....any opinions from you ladies??

Karen925
10-05-2010, 02:26 PM
2 miles fat burn, resistance bands, felt the soreness from horse back riding doing kick backs. Great weather. Enjoy the fall.

cathyxxx
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Annie - that 3 mile weight loss walk dvd is great! it's the one where Mary Kay does the 2nd mile and it sure gets my heart racing!!! let me know what you think of it ;)

BritMW
10-05-2010, 06:08 PM
AnnieDrews - I have the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk and I love it, the third mile focuses on toning up your arms with weights. The first time I did this video I almost got sick - maybe I was pushing it a little hard BUT I love the video now, great workout!

I'm looking for a new video to purchase too, any recommendations?
I currently have
2 Mile Walk: Walk Two Miles
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
5 Day Slim Down: A Mile Each Morning
The Big Burn- 2 Miles of Intervals (my least favorite video, bad quality)

Looking for another one with intervals in the 3-5 mile range, any recommendations would be reatly appreciated!

AnnieDrews
10-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Brit-You should try the 3 Mile Boot Camp. I really feel it is a great all around workout....at least for me!

Toonses
10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I agree the 3-Mile Bootcamp is a good all around work out.

Annie - Let me know what you think about the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. This might be one to add to my rotation.

tamia
10-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm new here, but I have the 5 day slim down and the 3 mile weight loss walk. I do the 3 mile wlw when I do my 3 mile days. On the days I do my elliptical, I follow that by the abs mile from the 5 day slim down. I love Leslie!

want2bfit4me
10-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Had to rest the muscles yesterday after Monday's boot camp.
Spent the day at the hospital with my daughter and her exploratory lap.
Everything went well and they did not find any problems.

Just finished the 3 mile boot camp again today. Will go for it again on Friday.

Leann

AnnieDrews
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Tamia and welcome!!:wave:

Leann-Glad DD is okay.

Did the 3 mile Boot Camp, but had to fast-forward in a few spots.....time was tight this morning. So I got most of it in...need to crawl out of bed more quickly in the mornings.

Karen925
10-06-2010, 06:10 PM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands, a busy day. Glad to get the exercise in first thing.

Leann glad your dd is tests turned out ok

AnnieDrews
10-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey everyone! I did mile 1, mile 2 and mile 5 of the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk this morning. Really worked up a sweat!!

Does anyone else wear a sweat band?? I like to keep the sweat out of my face, but I hate the way it feels on my forehead/glasses. thought about a bandanna, but can never get those just right either....:?:

Toonses
10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Did not workout on Tuesday. I have a terrible head cold.

Last night did the 3-mile bootcamp and just came back from a 2.5 mile walk (I will not let this cold get the best of me.)

Annie - I don't wear a sweatband. I just brush back the sweat. I do put my hair up though. I cannot stand wet hair on my neck.

dewdrop1970
10-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Does anyone have the 5K with a twist dvd?

Karen925
10-08-2010, 10:41 AM
I forgot to post yesterday.
Thursday 1 mile Slim down, resisitance bands. Bible study in morning.
Friday- 2 mile Fat Burn, resistance bands. Heading to Penny's to find smaller jeans during their morning sale. Fun, fun.

Have a great weekend. I will walk around the neighborhood and go hiking.

want2bfit4me
10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Annie Yes I wear a sweat band. Otherwise it drips down into my eyes and burns.

Karen Way to go getting to buy smaller jeans, and a sale to boot.

Just did another 3 mile bootcamp. That makes 3 times this week. Muscles are not as sore as after the first time. Went back to my low carb eating for the past few days and have lost back down to 145. What I was when I first got the new scale. I still can't let go of being 148 on my old scale the day before I weighed 145 on the new scale.
Need to let it go............

Leann

tamia
10-08-2010, 01:47 PM
My goal for today is supposed to be 2 miles, but I'm tired and not having the motivation. Blah. I'm going to keep looking for it though.

dewdrop1970
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
My goal for today is supposed to be 2 miles, but I'm tired and not having the motivation. Blah. I'm going to keep looking for it though.

Tamia:

If you walk two miles today, so will I
:exercise:

I plan to do the 2 mile with abs.

~Dana

tamia
10-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Tamia:

If you walk two miles today, so will I
:exercise:

I plan to do the 2 mile with abs.

~Dana

Dana

I just did my 2 miles. (Classic and Abs from the 5 day slim down). I do feel better now that I did it. Saturday is my rest day and weigh in day.

Toonses
10-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Last night, LS Yoga, crunches and weights.:yoga:

Since I am off today I took a 15-mile bicycle ride at 5:45 am. :bike2: Love those cold mornings. I did see the most beautiful sunrise. That made it worth it.

want2bfit4me
10-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Did a 2 mile Hi Calorie Burn today with weights.

Will rest tomorrow and then start back again on Monday.

Have a good weekend

Leann

FrouFrou
10-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Hello all...

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. I really need some motivation to get back to exercising. I went from walking 3 miles a day, and doing 1 or 2 WATP dvds 6 days a week to maybe 2-3 miles and possibly 1 dvd 3 or 4 times a week, sad. Just haven't been motivated to do anything and trying to get back on track and do at least 5 days a week. Soooo...here I am...thinking if I come here every day I will be motivated to exercise and get back on track. I do walk at the mall most mornings and am slowly getting back to that but want to do a 30-45 minute dvd also 5 days a week, M-F and sometimes Sat.

Thank you for listening :)

tamia
10-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Good luck Cristina!

My goal for today is 3 miles. I need to clean the heck out my apartment first, then work out. Let's hope I get it all done!

FrouFrou
10-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Hello all...

Today is and always has been a day of rest for me, well, from exercise. Usually family dinner day so I am busy with that, cleaning and cooking. Tomorrow is the day, woohoo...getting back on track!

Thank you Tamia!

Hoping everyone has a GREAT Sunday!

tamia
10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I did my 3 miles. Dang am I sore.

Toonses
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Welcome Tamia. Find a schedule that works for you and just take one day at a time.

Saturday - Walked 4 mile Super Challenge. I also steamed cleaned the carpet and couch. That took about 3 hours. I also took a short 5-mile bike ride with DH. He wants to start riding our tandem bicycle again so we are starting nice and slow. (DH is visually impaired and has ataxia/peripheral neuropathy so he is doing his best to keep active.)

Today - was so burned out and sore from yesterday I took a break from LS. I did work out in the garden and planted a couple more pomegranates. We harvested our one mature pomegranate and I made pomegranate scones for my office. I also removed the arils from a couple of huge pomegranates and will share those with my co-workers. I just love pomegranates. We have three different varieties and will be picking up one more this upcoming weekend. We also watched our San Francisco Giants beat the Braves. Go Giants!

Back to the grind tomorrow. This past weekend was beautiful and I loved each minute of it. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Toonses
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Oops. Meant to say welcome Cristina.....

Karen925
10-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Howdy,
1 mile slim down, resistance bands, walking at the zoo. Great fall day!

Fun getting form fitting jeans and leggings this weekend.

dewdrop1970
10-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Dana

I just did my 2 miles. (Classic and Abs from the 5 day slim down). I do feel better now that I did it. Saturday is my rest day and weigh in day.

:carrot:YAY, TAMIA!:carrot: I'd like to try the 5 day slim down series soon.

I bought a new to me WATP dvd yesterday and am going to break it out today at 10AM. It's called THE BIG BURN: 2 MI of INTERVALS.

Wish me luck;)

want2bfit4me
10-11-2010, 12:03 PM
A BIG welcome to the new chicks.

Started week 2 of the 3 mile boot camp.

The plan is to do the boot camp Mon, Wed & Fri.
Then a 2 mile walk Tues, Thur & Sat.
Will rest on Sunday.

Wish me luck...

Leann

FrouFrou
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Hello :wave:

Leann...lots of luck with your workout! Going to have to check out the boot camp.

dewdrop...lots of luck to you too! I've nto heard of some of these workouts, guess I am out of the loop and I have quit a few!

Karen...good job! I love the fall weather, perfect for walking outdoors, well, unless you have allergies!

Thank you TOONSES! You know, I don't think I have ever had a pomagranate, sounds good though. WTG on your workout!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not sure if I mentioned that I usually walk at the mall. Started doing this last year because of the weather/wind. I was/am watching my grandbaby and I didn't want her in the cold and wind so have been mall walking since. Plus my allergies act up so it's perfect. Just, I got lazy and would go for a week and then not walk for a week or walk 2 or 3 days and then nothing, or do any dvds...just got really lazy for some reason.

Anyway...today I walked 2 1/2 miles at the mall and then did my LS Slim & Thin (2 miles) feeling good about getting it done even though once again I felt lazy and didn't want to do it. Was doing 3 miles at the mall when I quit so I am working up to it...last week did 2 miles, this week 2 1/2 (unless I happen to get a burst of energy and take off, lol) next week will be 3 miles and then of course a dvd.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Monday!

AnnieDrews
10-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Hello ladies! I had a 3 day weekend and was too busy at work yesterday to check in here!

Monday: Woke late and only had time for 2 Mile High Energy Burn.

Today: I received my 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk in the mail and did that this morning. LOVE IT!! It is high energy and fast-paced. That second mile seems to take forever but it runs just a little more than 45 min. so it is perfect. I am going to try to do 3 miles daily and see if it jump starts me back into losing this last 10 pounds!!

want2bfit4me
10-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Annie I like your new picture. You can tell your loosing weight.

Just finished my 2 mile hi calorie burn.

Leann

Toonses
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Annie - Love the new photo. I am glad you like the new DVD. I ordered it last week and it has not arrived yet.

Yesterday - Did the 2-Mile Brisk Walk and walked 2.5 miles during lunch. I only did the 2-mile walk since my San Francisco Giants were playing in the playoffs last night (they won) :woohoo:. Anyway I won't rub that in since there are probably quite a few Braves fans out there and all of the games were close.

Tonight is LS Pilates, weights and crunches. I have a very busy day at work today and will probably not be able to get my walk in.

Have a great Tuesday (it is going to be in the 90s today- eeegads).

BritMW
10-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Did the Arms, Legs and Speed Mile of 5 day slim down last night, really had to push myself to start, was lacking in motivation but have to say that by the Legs mile I was getting into it. Burned 550 calories - woohoo!

Good luck on all your walks today ladies!

Karen925
10-12-2010, 07:13 PM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands. Love doing 2 miles, no more, no less. It fits my schedule, my body, in a very nice atmosphere.

Karen925
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Annie-
Are the miles in segments and if so how long is each mile approx?
Karen

AnnieDrews
10-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Karen-You can choose to do each mile separately. I've only done it once but I think it all just runs as one long 3 mile if you choose to do the entire workout with the stretch coming in at the end.

The box says the miles are 15 min. (mile 1), 12 min. (mile 2) and 15 min. (mile 3...not sure if that includes the stretch or not). Says it is total of 48 min, so I guess it doesn't include the stretch. Funny because I thought mile 2 seemed the longest.

I love the moves with the weights in this one. I could really feel it!

Toonses
10-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I received my 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk today. I decided to give it a try this evening. Boy, that was great workout. I liked that fast 2nd mile and the weights as well. I just used my 3 pound hand weights. I would highly recommend this DVD. Another great addition to my collection.

AnnieDrews
10-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Glad you liked it too, Toonses! I wanted to do it again this morning but I didn't want to overdo on the weights. My arms/shoulders are a bit tired (not sore, just can tell that I really worked them) so I did my 3 Mile Boot Camp this morning. Had to rush the cool down a bit but I got it done!:carrot:

cathyxxx
10-13-2010, 11:56 AM

it's been one thing after the other with me. i've been sick so haven't walked the past few days :(

but I did 2 miles this morning :cp: I used the Walk Off Even More Weight 2 mile dvd.

Annie - you look great in your new pic!!!!

looks like everybody is doing great!
lets keep on :running:
hugs,
cathy

want2bfit4me
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Just did the 3 mile boot camp...................

tamia
10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
So far....

Sunday 3 Miles with the 5 Day Slim Down

Monday 3 Miles with the 5 day Slim Down

Tuesday 15 minutes on the Elliptical and 1 Abs mile (same dvd)

Wednesday (new dvd came in the mail) 3 miles with the Walk Slim Firm and Fast. (Holy Moley! Mile 1 was a normal 15 minutes walk, 2 was 12 with the boosted walking, and 3 was 10 with boosted walking! I've never done a 10 minute one, I was sweating up a storm!!)

dorkabrain
10-13-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm new here too, hope I'm not too late to join in : )
Been doing Walk Away the Pounds for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I started with the 2 mile workout on youtube, but am now renting the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk from Netflix. I agree that that one really gets your heart pumping, especially the Mary Kay section.

AnnieDrews
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome, Dorkabrain! I'd highly suggest buying those DVDs, it will probably cost less in the long run. So glad you are here with us!:)

Karen925
10-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you trim looking Annie:hug:

2 mile fat burn, resistance bands, tomorrow it will be 1 mile slim down. Bible study in the morning.

tamia
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm new here too, hope I'm not too late to join in : )
Been doing Walk Away the Pounds for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I started with the 2 mile workout on youtube, but am now renting the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk from Netflix. I agree that that one really gets your heart pumping, especially the Mary Kay section.

I love getting them on Netflix! I bought the Slim Down for the days I dont have on at home, but I like switching it up with a different dvds so I dont get bored. Plus this way I can go through a few till I find the one I really like and not have to keep buying them.

Good luck!!

FrouFrou
10-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Hello all...

Didn't get any exercise in yesterday as I was sick but today...a little but not as much as I would have liked. 1 mile walk at the mall and then 2 miles of the Walk Your Belly Flat...ran out of time and was busy today so that will have to do. Guess it is better than nothing so...onward!

dorkabrain
10-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

@AnnieDrews sadly, our house has been without income for a very long time due to the economy so buying them would be out of the question. Plus, like Tamia, I really dig the variety that hiring from netflix offers and we were getting the service for movies anyway : ) Thanks for having me!

Today is my "rest day" so I'm going to do the 2 mile workout and possibly try some 10-min solutions yoga that they have on netflix instant. Now I'm sure I sound like an advert. for the service, I promise I don't work for them haha.

Hope you're all doing well.

Toonses
10-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Welcome Dorkabrain! :welcome2:

I buy DVD's used, when I can find them and I also use Netflix. I love the fact that I can watch a DVD instantly to see if I want to purchase it later.

Last night, LS Pilates, weights and crunches. Also took a 2.5 mile walk at lunch.:running:

Tomorrow I am off work so that means a long bicycle ride in the morning. I have been using LS DVD's since July, and I love them, but it is nice to mix it up with walking outside, bicycle riding or swimming.

Our 15-month old granddaughter is spending Saturday night with us. I plan on taking her for a nice long walk and then we will go to the park to let her run wild (and get tired). Looks like we will finally have some fall like weather this weekend. We should be in the 70s by Sunday. It has been in the 90s all week. Yuck.

Have a great Thursday everyone....

AnnieDrews
10-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Dorka-Do whatever works for you. I guess I was thinking of using Netflix the way I did in the past....them mailing it to me, then me mailing it back....:p I can see how this works for you now! Takes me a while to catch on to these newfangled ideas sometimes.;)

Did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk again this morning. LOVE IT! :carrot:
I am going to start alternating this with the 3 mile Boot Camp until I get to goal. Then I'll figure out how much I need to do to maintain and stay fit.

want2bfit4me
10-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Today I did the 2 mile hi calorie burn.............

Karen925
10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
1 mile slim down, resistance bands

Karen925
10-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I have been using LS DVD's since July, and I love them, but it is nice to mix it up with walking outside, bicycle riding or swimming.

Exactly how I use them too.

Toonses
10-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Tonight - 3 mile Bootcamp and took a 2.5 mile walk during the day.

Rcvd 5-Day Slim Down via Netflix. I will try it this weekend.

AnnieDrews
10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
3 Mile Boot Camp w/ bands this morning. Looking forward to resting this weekend, although I will probably do some light walking out at fiance's. I may not check in until Monday so have a good weekend everyone!

dorkabrain
10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks, Toonses!

I had a really bad day today. Weighed in for the first time since being back on the exercise/good eating wagon (3 weeks) and I'd gained a pound. Was so hard to get through the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with my motivation through the floor. I did however get through it and am at least chuffed with that. Just have to try and convince myself it's not completely pointless.

I plan to move on from this routine in a couple weeks, rather than jumping straight to a 4mile one, I thought I'd try out a different 3 mile one. Sadly Netflix doesn't have the 3 Mile Bootcamp so could anyone suggest another good 3 mile one they like?

P.S. I have the biggest blister right in the middle of the arch of my foot that is definitely attempting to make things a lot harder haha. Hope you're all having an easier time of things :)

AnnieDrews
10-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Dorka-Don't let one pound get you down! It could be water weight, etc. for all you know. Keep moving!!:carrot:

You might want to watch a 4 or 5 mile DVD and just do three of the miles until you are ready to move up. I have a 5 mile walk but I just don't have that much spare time!

Karen925
10-15-2010, 04:38 PM
2 mile fat burn, great way to start a busy day. Looking forward to the weekend. There is a new hiking path I want to try out.

Hve a great weekend. So glad to have found 3fc.

cathyxxx
10-15-2010, 04:41 PM
I almost forgot to come in here and post my walking ;)

I did 2 miles this morning. I used The Big Burn dvd

hope everybody has a great weekend!

Toonses
10-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Dorka - Do not get discouraged. I have weeks where I can lose 3 pounds one week, gain 2 pounds the next, lose 1, etc. I have had to learn to deal with the ups and downs of this process. You will learn in time (like I have) that you just stick to what you are doing and you will notice some changes. Don't rush things. I have set long range goals so I do not have to put a lot of pressure on myself.

I noticed a couple of DVDs on Netflix you might want to try, Walk Your Belly Flat and the 5-Day Slim Down. I received the 5-Day Slim Down yesterday and plan on using it tomorrow morning. Netflix also has Leslie's You Can Do Yoga and Pilates. I have purchased these and really do like to mix it up and add these to my weekly workouts. I also try and walk every work day (during my lunch) and I workout with an LS DVD every evening or ride my bicycle. I also add some strength training and crunches with some of my workouts. This overall plan works for me. You have to find something that works best for you and something that you can stick to. I also started real slow with the workouts. I started with the 1 mile, then the 2 mile and now use the 3 mile every day. When I feel real energetic, I go for it and throw in a 4 or 5 mile DVD. But, I don't push myself. I am just sticking to the course.

When I started this "journey" in January I would get disappointed and almost give up, but I have chugged along and I am now excited about exercising and most importantly, nourishing my body with healthy food. You will get there. Just get over this hump, and keep checking in with 3FC for support. We have all been there and we are here to support each other.

Stay strong girl.:flow1:

dorkabrain
10-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Thanks so much for the support you guys, I know I'm new and this may be a bit forward, but I'm gonna go ahead and use the hug icon haha :hug:
That's why I came here, in the hopes that I could get support from people who understand and hopefully give support in return.

As well as the WATP workouts which I do 7 days a week (3 miles 5 days and 2 miles 2 days), I walk in place (we don't have footpaths around here) for 10,000 steps each regular day and 15,000 on rest days. I know that all sounds confusing, but it's what I've found to be good for me.
I feel bad in saying this, but the reason I want to move on from the 3 mile weight Loss walk sooner than I planned is because I can't really stand Mary Kay. She's just so damn perky and smiley, always flipping her hair around haha Also I just wanted to get more variety in my situation without moving up the endurance yet. I can only have one fitness video out on Netflix at a time so it needs to be one that I really dig.
Getting the 4 or 5 mile one and only doing 3 miles sounds like a great idea Annie :) I'll look into which ones they have. @Toonses, I didn't realise she did Pilates. I'll definitely check that out aswelll as I've heard it's good for the scoliosis I have.

Thanks again so much for the help, you guys! Hope you all have an awesome weekend.

tamia
10-16-2010, 01:23 PM
So far....

Sunday 3 Miles with the 5 Day Slim Down

Monday 3 Miles with the 5 day Slim Down

Tuesday 15 minutes on the Elliptical and 1 Abs mile (same dvd)

Wednesday (new dvd came in the mail) 3 miles with the Walk Slim Firm and Fast. (Holy Moley! Mile 1 was a normal 15 minutes walk, 2 was 12 with the boosted walking, and 3 was 10 with boosted walking! I've never done a 10 minute one, I was sweating up a storm!!)

Thursday 3 miles with the Walk Slim Firm and Fast

Friday 2 Miles with the 5 day slim down

Down 3.6lbs at weigh in!! :carrot: LOVE IT! Thank you Leslie! 8lbs to go and I've lost all the weight I gained back over summer then it is right on down the line :D

Toonses
10-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Great job Tamia!

Dorka - Mary Kay is not in the 5-Day Slim Down and it is available on Netflix. All 5 miles are Leslie.

This morning I tried the 5-Day Slim Down and it was pretty good. I did miles 1-4. I will try miles 2-5 next week.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

tnewcom
10-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello Ladies...
Would it be okay if I join you all???

tnewcom
10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Did the 5 day slim down...2 miles arms and legs done...and wow that was quite a workout!!

AnnieDrews
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Heck yes, TNewcom! Jump right in!!

I did the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk this morning and Dorka, I'm not a huge fan of having Mary Kay lead either. I like Leslie the best. I have another DVD where Mary Kay is just one of the walkers and she has put on alot of weight since then.

tnewcom
10-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Thx..my goal is to do 10 miles this week...8 more to go!! :)

Toonses
10-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Welcome TNewcom. :welcome2: Sounds like you have set a good goal each week.

I like some of the group walks, but prefer it when Leslie is leading by herself.

Yesterday - 5-Day Slim Down, did miles 2,3,4 and 5. Those squats are killer. I am a little sore this morning.

AnnieDrews
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I had asked a question a while back (not sure where I posted it...:^:) and don't remember getting an answer. I had asked about walking with ankle/leg weights on...if it would be helpful for weight loss. Well, I got my answer on Leslie's blog...

http://www.walkathome.com/blog/healthy-life/walking-with-ankle-weights-yes-or-no/

That answer makes good sense. Just wanted to post it in case anyone else ever wondered.

cathyxxx
10-18-2010, 11:54 AM

hope everybody had a great weekend! I cleaned for 6 hours on saturday and believe you me, it was exercise! :lol: this morning I did 2 miles and used the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk.

Annie - thanks for the link. great info!

want2bfit4me
10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Took a 3 day break as I had my granddaughter with me all weekend. I love her to pieces but was glad when it was time for her to go home. She is 5. I didn't eat as good either when she was here.

So back to the routine.

Welcome to all the new chicks............

Did my 3 mile boot camp with the bands this morning. Felt good actually.

Leann

tamia
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks so much for the support you guys, I know I'm new and this may be a bit forward, but I'm gonna go ahead and use the hug icon haha :hug:
That's why I came here, in the hopes that I could get support from people who understand and hopefully give support in return.

As well as the WATP workouts which I do 7 days a week (3 miles 5 days and 2 miles 2 days), I walk in place (we don't have footpaths around here) for 10,000 steps each regular day and 15,000 on rest days. I know that all sounds confusing, but it's what I've found to be good for me.
I feel bad in saying this, but the reason I want to move on from the 3 mile weight Loss walk sooner than I planned is because I can't really stand Mary Kay. She's just so damn perky and smiley, always flipping her hair around haha Also I just wanted to get more variety in my situation without moving up the endurance yet. I can only have one fitness video out on Netflix at a time so it needs to be one that I really dig.
Getting the 4 or 5 mile one and only doing 3 miles sounds like a great idea Annie :) I'll look into which ones they have. @Toonses, I didn't realise she did Pilates. I'll definitely check that out aswelll as I've heard it's good for the scoliosis I have.

Thanks again so much for the help, you guys! Hope you all have an awesome weekend.

I love the 5 Day Slim Down. I got it on Netflix then bought it. It is JUST Leslie with no back up people. I find Mary Kay annoying too, so dont feel bad. I feel like she is always walking faster than the rest of the people, including Leslie. It throws me off.

tamia
10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Welcome to tnewcom!!

Sunday - 3 miles (Fast and Firm)

Monday - 3 miles (Fast and Firm)

I'm really liking this boosted walking. Are there others with it and not the firm bands? I cant do firm bands because I messed up my elbow and I'm still in PT so no outside arm exercises yet.

tnewcom
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
anyone gonna do Leslies 21 days before Thanksgiving Challenge??

tnewcom
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
I love the 5 Day Slim Down. I got it on Netflix then bought it. It is JUST Leslie with no back up people. I find Mary Kay annoying too, so dont feel bad. I feel like she is always walking faster than the rest of the people, including Leslie. It throws me off.

I just bought the 5 days slim down...I LOVE IT...did the 1 mile arms and the 1 mile legs today...and boy could i feel the burn!!

AnnieDrews
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
anyone gonna do Leslies 21 days before Thanksgiving Challenge??

I'm waiting to see the details. I can't commit to anything more than 3 miles a day. I just don't have time!

tnewcom
10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm waiting to see the details. I can't commit to anything more than 3 miles a day. I just don't have time!

i hope its not more than 3 too....cant wait for the details

Karen925
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM
1 mile slim down, 5th mile, resistance bands. Mondays are days I ride, unless fed holiday or traveling, so only 1 mile with Leslie. A very nice way to warm up my muscles before my ride.

We are having gorgeous fall weather here. Hope it is lovely wherever you are:hug:

Toonses
10-18-2010, 11:31 PM
I am up for the Thanksgiving challenge. Once you find the details let us know.

Today - 2.5 mile walk at lunch and tonight LS Walk Away The Waistline 3 mile walk with ab belt.

We are finally getting some fall weather. It will be in the 70s all week. We are loving it.

Go Giants!!!!!

angelskeep
10-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Hello, everyone. I don't hang here much, but wanted to come and share a WATP NSV. It's getting chilly in the mornings and so on, so I am gearing up...down...getting ready anyhow for doing more of my exercise indoors. A couple of days ago, I dug out the WATP video I bought last spring and haven't used all summer. For the first time ever, I was able to make it through 2 miles instead of just one. Not a big deal, but a really big deal for me.

One more round of thanks to Annie for telling me about it. It will be a winter staple when I can't get outdoors easily.

Barb

AnnieDrews
10-19-2010, 11:02 AM
BARB!! So glad to see you here! Congrats on the 2 miles!!!:carrot:

I was only able to do the 2 mile, 30 min. walk this morning. Am going to keep shooting for that 3 miles/day though.

want2bfit4me
10-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Did a 2 mile 30 min walk this morning.

I think I could actually loose some more weight if I could control my eating better. Get to blame it on PMS right now.

Any way have a great day everyone.
Leann

Karen925
10-19-2010, 02:40 PM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands, quivering thighs are gone. I think it was from renewing my riding as had been pointed out. Strange, delayed side effect.

dorkabrain
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Welcome TNewcom!

Glad I'm not the only one who finds Mary Kay bothersome. It's interesting to hear that she's put on weight; I thought I must of been imagining things, but I noticed that she pulls at her tshirt and pants a lot around her stomach area.

@Tamia thanks for the tip about 5 Day Slim Down, I'll definitely check it out.

Just finished my 10th time doing the 3 mile weight loss walk, glad to see it's definitely feeling easier. I did however go off track with lunch yesterday. It made such a negative difference to my workout, I was feeling so sluggish with all those white bread carbs in me. Certainly encouraged me not to do it again any time soon.

@angelskeep congrats on the breakthrough.

Toonses
10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Welcome Barb! :welcome3: Great job on your NSV. Just watch out, these walks can get addictive. I started with one in July and now I have seven. Since I work out with LS almost every evening I needed the variety.

Tonight - LS Yoga :yoga:, crunches and lifting weights. I also took my daily 2.5 mile walk. It was so beautiful out this morning when I took my walk. The leaves are changing colors and the air was crisp. I just love fall.

I do like that 5-Day Slim Down. You can mix up the walking sessions and I really prefer when Leslie is leading by herself.

Our San Francisco Giants won this afternoon. Go Giants!

AnnieDrews
10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Hey ladies!! Got up and did the 3 Mile Boot Camp this morning! It's interesting how you really notice it when you haven't done certain moves for several days....I hadn't done the Boot Camp since last week. I like that each workout has different things, even though all of the basic moves are the same. This system ROCKS!!:carrot:

cathyxxx
10-20-2010, 11:40 AM

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Off Even More Weight dvd.

want2bfit4me
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Did the 3 mile boot camp today....

Karen925
10-20-2010, 06:36 PM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands. Upping calories slowly as I continue to lose. Very deliberate and aware as I increase.

Karen925
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Off Even More Weight dvd.

Do you like it? Does it need hand weights?

cdmoree
10-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi, I know it`s late in October. But, can I join in?

Have a great day!!!
Debbie

AnnieDrews
10-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi, I know it`s late in October. But, can I join in?

Have a great day!!!
Debbie

Please do, Debbie!! Welcome! This is a great thread to help us stay accountable.

Speaking of accountability....I didn't exercise at all this morning.:( W/o going into the gory details, I had a VERY traumatic evening last night (everyone is okay btw) and didn't get to bed until late. I think my adrenalin drained me of energy. So I slept until 0630 and hoped to feel better. I was so out of sorts this morning....logy and confused almost. I think it was a combination of all the drama and NOT getting my exercise in. But I will be back at it tomorrow morning for sure. Maybe even try to do some tonight after work if I have time....have lots of leaves in my yard to deal with so that will burn some calories.

Love to all!! Keep walkin'!

cdmoree
10-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Goodmorning,
I was busy this morning running around but, I did manage to get in the 1 mile walk this morning.I guess 1 mile is better than no mile right?Well I hope all of you`s have a wonderful day!!

Debbie

Karen925
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
1 mile slim down, resistance bands, Bible Study morning so time for only 1 mile. But it was a very well done 1 mile;)

CourtneyDaisey
10-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Hey folks! I know the month is nearly over, but I have the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away The Pounds" DVD at home and did the 3 mile walk last night. My husband and I usually go for outdoor walks with our daughter and dog but he had to work last night so I was on my own. After getting the baby in bed I broke out the DVD and walked. It's been a long time since I did that DVD but I made it through! Woot! :carrot:

Off topic: Man that dancing carrot is cool! LOL!

Toonses
10-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome Courtney and Debbie:welcome:

Annie - I hope all is ok with you.

Last night - 3-Mile Bootcamp

Today - 15-mile bicycle ride at 5:30 am on a very windy, cold morning. Even in all of that wind I was still able to average 12 mph. I am feeling stronger every day. Saw the most beautiful full orange moon.

AnnieDrews
10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Well I think I made up for missing exercise yesterday morning....I raked/mowed my front yard of about a million leaves. It felt good to work, even though I knew it would fill back up (and it has after the rain we got overnight).

Was back to the WATP this morning with the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk. I really like the music on this one!!:carrot:

tamia
10-22-2010, 11:32 AM
I did the 3 Big Miles video everyday this week. I just weighed in and I'm 2.8 down. I love Leslie so much. She definitely helping me.

AnnieDrews
10-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Yay Tamia!!! 2.8 pounds walked off of your body! Congrats to you.:hug:

want2bfit4me
10-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Just finished the 3 mile boot camp.

Welcome Debbie & Courtney

CourtneyDaisey
10-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

I have to ask...am I the only girl out there who needs to lose weight who is scared to do the exercise videos in front of anyone? I can do them when I am home alone but if someone's home with me or in the same room I just can't do it. I feel like I look like an idiot and want to preserve dignity or something. I know this is probably really silly, but I can't bring myself to exercise with my family watching.

CourtneyDaisey
10-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Good evening folks! :)

I got in the 2 mile WATP walk tonight. My husband had to run to the store and the gas station so that gave me some time to get in a walk while he was out.

dorkabrain
10-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Welcome cdmoree and CourtneyDaisey!

I planned to do the 3 mile weight loss walk today, but I woke up feeling so physically drained that I skipped it for today. Not happy with myself, but at least I got a little over 13,000 steps in. Definitely back on schedule tomorrow!

Congrats on the weight loss Tamia!

cdmoree
10-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes everbody!!!

Tamia...congratulations on the weight loss!!!

Debbie

want2bfit4me
10-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Courtney It bothered me too at first exercising in front of my husband. but after a few times I really did not care. I am doing this for me and my health. Usually he goes in the other room anyway. He does make fun of me sometimes with him saying "out together, out together". But I know that he is doing it with love. He has commented on how my body is trimming down.

So my advice is to just do it..............

Did a different workout this morning......... I found this VCR tape for 50 cents at a mission store. It's WATP 3 mile super fat burning. I am sweating more today than I usually do even with the boot camp workout. It uses the hand weights. I will admit that for most of the 3rd mile I just walked in place though. Was a good workout.

Have a good weekend everyone
Leann

Leann

CourtneyDaisey
10-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the advice Leann. :)

My husband is at work right now so I did the 3 mile WATP this afternoon. It was a little tougher for me to keep going at the end today. I have a nasty cold and breathing right now is a challenge. Still I made it through! :carrot:

tnewcom
10-23-2010, 11:08 PM
sorry been MIA been busy and have head cold...did manage to workout each day

mon-wed did 2 miles each day of the 5 day slim down
thurs did 60 min of zumba
took yesterday off
today did 1 mile and did 5 mins of jogging in place

tnewcom
10-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Wanttobefit4me i see you live in MO so do I...where in MO do you live? i live 30 minutes north of Jefferson City

Toonses
10-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Friday - 5-Day Slim Down, miles 2,3,4

Saturday - 3-Mile Weight Loss Power Walk

Today - 5-Mile Fat Burning Walk with boosted walking (that was a very tough walk)

Raining and windy here today. Close to 4 inches of rain. Perfect day to stay inside and watch football and work on Halloween costume.

Looks like everyone is doing a great job. Keep it up!

:dancer:

tamia
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the congrats!

So far this week

Saturday - 3 miles (Fast and Firm)

Sunday - 20 mins on the elliptical plus 2 miles (Classic and Abs from 5 Day Slim Down)

cathyxxx
10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I've been out of town with my dear dear hubby for a few days and boy did I need to get away.

This morning I did 2 miles. I used the Punch Up Your Walk dvd.

hope everybody has a great :running: day! :wave:

AnnieDrews
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Hey sisters!! I took the weekend off from walking but got back with it this morning with the 3 Mile Weight Loss walk. It still amazes me that I can enjoy something so much that I used to scoff at (exercise in any form). I really do enjoy it and the way I am feeling.:)

Toonses-How bout them Giants??:carrot:

Toonses
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Annie - You have no idea how crazy it is around here with the GIANTS going to the World Series. Insane.... I don't like to gloat that much since I might offend Phillies fans. But we are so excited!

I worked out real hard last week and stuck to my calories. Got on the scale this morning and another 2.5 pounds gone. Yea baby. That just made my day.

I won't be able to work out today since we are traveling to a business meeting and back (all day). I will try to squeeze in a short walk at lunch and breaks.

AnnieDrews
10-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Toonses, YAY! for the 2.5 pounds gone!!:bravo:

Karen925
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
1mile slim down, horse back riding, probably still be on lunge line cantering. Got to let go of the pummel if I want to be cantering around the ring like my teenage sons:-)

cdmoree
10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Hi everybody,

Toonses congrads on the 2.5 lbs. WooHoo

Well I did the 2 mile walk today. Everyone keep up the good work!!

Debbie

want2bfit4me
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
tnewcom I live about 125 miles east of Springfield.

Did my 3 mile boot camp work out with the bands. I am going to try and work up to 3 miles 6 days a week. I can do the 2 mile pretty good so it's time to move up the intensity.........

Leann

dorkabrain
10-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Congrats toonses on the weight loss!

Was supposed to do the 2 mile youtube walk yesterday, but felt tired and sick. Not happy that I skipped again, but I did get back on track and do the 3 mile weight loss walk today. I felt my endurance level was crazy low during it though so I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.
Have the 3 mile Slim and Sleek Walk coming from Netflix next, definitely looking forward to the change.

tnewcom
10-26-2010, 09:15 AM
did mile 5 on 5 day slim down yesterday morning and jogged in place for 5 mins

did miles 1 and 3 today of 5 day slim down!!

Everyone is doing sooooo good! Keep it up ladies!!!

Karen925
10-26-2010, 10:42 AM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands, mopped floors

Hope all have a great day.

AnnieDrews
10-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Karen, Yay! for mopped floors!! That counts in my book!

Did the 3 Mile Boot Camp this morning. Had to skip the last 2 min. of brisk walking as I was running late.

cathyxxx
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM

I dd the 2 mile Power Walk with Friends and handweights this morning.

want2bfit4me
10-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Did a 30 min walk from the 5 Day Fit Walk DVD.

Don't guess I'm quit ready for the 3 mile every day just yet. As I am a sweatin, huffin and puffin after this one. It's supposed to help build endurance, speed and metabolism.

AnnieDrews
10-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Leann-Don't push yourself. You'll get there!

dorkabrain
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Turns out the 3 Mile Slim and Sleek Walk is on short wait :( So, I'll keep on keeping on with the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.
Anyone tried the Walk at Home: Walk Your Belly Flat dvd? it's not getting the best reviews on netflix, but sometimes that isn't a clear indicator.

Toonses
10-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Today - 2.5 mile walk at lunch and this evening 3-Mile Walk Away Your Waistline.

Leann - take your time. You do not want to hurt yourself. I started at 1 mile walks, worked my way up to 2-mile walks after a few weeks and then a month after that started with 3-mile walks. Just take it nice and easy.

Everyone else is doing great! Keep up the good work ladies.:cp:

tamia
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for all the congrats!

So far this week

Saturday - 3 miles (Fast and Firm)

Sunday - 20 mins on the elliptical plus 2 miles (Classic and Abs from 5 Day Slim Down)

Monday - 4 miles (Fast and Firm)

Tuesday - 15 mins on the elliptical plus one mile (arms from 5 day slim down)

cathyxxx
10-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Dorkabrain - I have the Walk Your Belly Flat and I like it! I also like the 3 mile Slim & Sleek Walk that you are waiting on!

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the Walk Now dvd.

AnnieDrews
10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Hola!! I got up and did my 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk even though I didn't really feel like it. I have a tooth with major problems (I am going to the dentist this afternoon.) and I just did not feel like exercising. But it always feels great once I get moving. That DVD really gets me sweating and breathing HEAVY! I think it is that fast second mile and all of the arm movements. It's good for me.:carrot:

want2bfit4me
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Annie & Toones Thanks for the suggestions. I am not going to push myself to the regular 3 mile until I get more comfortable with the regular 2 miles. For some reason the 3 mile boot camp is not quite as hard on me. So I just try and do it Mon, Wed & Fri. Then fill in on Tues, Thurs & Sat with some sort of 2 mile walk. I can tell you this that when I started doing this back in July I was having a hard time with one mile. It is taking me along time to work up to more. But I know that I am much better off than when I started and my diabetes is in much better shape also.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. I will turn 50 next Feb and I will hopefully be able to get rid of some of my medications by then.

Thanks again
Leann

AnnieDrews
10-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Leann-Getting off of high blood pressure medicine has been one of my goals since day one of my journey. Good luck! I know what you mean about the Boot Camp being easier than other 3 mile walks. That Weight Loss Walk really kicks my butt some days....like this morning....especially that second mile. But I still enjoy doing it.:carrot:

Karen925
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands. I love how this healthy life style makes everything better, including mopping floors.

My muscles still feel nice and juiced even 6 hours later after workout. How cool is that?!

cdmoree
10-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi ladies, My back was acting up this morning. But when I got back home I did manage to do a 1 mile walk.It also helped to loosen up my back some.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
Debbie

Toonses
10-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Hellllooo Ladies!

Today - 2.5 mile walk at lunch (cool and chilly here today). Tonight LS Pilates, weights and crunches. My arms are burning. I increased my weights tonight.

Hope you all have a great evening. I am watching the World Series right now, my San Francisco Giants just took the lead. But the night is young.

dorkabrain
10-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Today was my rest day so I did the 2 mile youtube walk and then walked in place while I watched most of the episode of The Biggest Loser on hulu.
I just found the 1 Mile Express Walk on Leslie's site, she really packs a lot into that 15 minutes. Definitely gonna try it next rest day.

3 Mile Slim and Sleek walk arrives tomorrow, really looking forward to changing things up!

Encouraging to see how good you're all doing!

AnnieDrews
10-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, I had to have my tooth pulled yesterday. I did not sleep well last night and did not feel like bouncing around this morning. So I went ahead and did the one mile Get Started walk and the 2 mile High Energy Burn from the 5 Day Fit Walk DVD this morning. They aren't bouncy, but they both use weights. I had to switch to the one pound weights for the 2 mile....my arms were achy...I think from being so tense in the dentist's chair yesterday. I tend to do that.

I remember when I bought the 5 Day Fit Walk (it was my first Leslie Sansone video) back in (?) February. I could barely do the one mile Get Started walk. Also compared to her newer workouts, these are fairly slow paced....at least it seems that way. DON'T GET ME WRONG-They are excellent workouts for anyone, but just the tone isn't quite as high energy as the newer ones.

Love this system!:carrot:

Karen925
10-28-2010, 07:13 PM
1 mile slim down, resistance bands because I had Bible Study this morning. DD leads it. Looking forward to meeting tonight. I picked up some cookies from Central Market, Chocolate Crispy Cookies, 87 calories. Rare it is when the calorie count is surprising low. Serving them with cantaloupe, fresh pineapple, and cool whip and sf pudding as a fondue. 200 cal elegant dessert.

Toonses
10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Annie - Ouch. I feel for you. I go to the dentist regularly, but it is up there as one of the things I hate the most. Love your new photo.

Today - Worked at home. I did the 3-Mile Bootcamp during lunch. Tomorrow is our work Halloween party. :haphal: We have a couple of new married couples so we are all dressing as dead brides and grooms. It should be fun. :witch:

AnnieDrews
10-29-2010, 10:31 AM
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk this morning!:carrot:

Karen925
10-29-2010, 11:28 AM
2 mile fat burn, resistance bands. Tomorrow heading to alma mater, DS is a freshman now to watch football game. Then Halloween on Sunday. Walk around the neighborhood then. I have my meals planned out on my pda.

Toonses
10-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Today - 3-Mile Weight Loss walk. It seemed a lot harder today. We are getting ready for some rain tomorrow and my joints are aching.

dorkabrain
10-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Just finished 3 Mile Slim and Sleek walk for the first time about 5 minutes ago. So SO glad I hired that one. I figured it would just be a reordering of the same moves, but the fact that it was different variations of the moves as well as a few new twists thrown in made it that much more enjoyable. I also really dug that it was just Leslie by herself. Mary Kay, You're going back to Netflix haha ;)

Weigh-in was today (I weigh in every two weeks) and I'm down 4.1 pounds! So happy, especially since the my only other weigh-in since starting up with the fitness routine was a gain. Hoo-ray!

Hope you're all having a great halloween weekend!

cdmoree
10-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Goodmorning ladies,
I`ve lost 2 more lbs.. That makes 9 now!! WooHoo So, what`s everyone up to? I have chili cooking in the crock pot for supper & I just took some chocolate creamcheese muffins out of the oven.Lo carb, sugar free of course.

Have a great day!!!
Debbie

Toonses
10-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Dorka and Debbie - You are both doing so great! Keep walking...

Having family over tonight to watch the Giants game (World Series). I also have a crock pot of chili cooking. I also plan on making some cornbread. Hope you ladies have a wonderful Saturday and a very spooky Halloween.:haphal:

Today - LS Yoga, weights and crunches. :ghost:

AnnieDrews
10-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Looks like chili is the big winner this weekend! I have a crock pot of it going, too. Have a veggie tray to go with it, too. I'm making garlic cheese biscuits to go with mine. I am indulging but am trying not to go overboard. Hope all the little monsters take ALL of my candy tonight!;) I'm watching cheesy old horror movies (yay!) and we have football tonight. Fiance is coming over.:D Perfect day so far. Love this time of year. Happy Halloween friends.

No exercise for me today. Never know, if I go overboard tonight I may just get up and Walk At Home tomorrow.

Karen925
10-30-2010, 11:07 PM
3-4 miles walking all over campus, flights of stairs, ramps at stadium, walking everywhere and loving it! So glad I decided to get trim a year ago!

summershine
10-30-2010, 11:18 PM
hola walkers!

Today, I conquered the 5 mile fat burning walk!

It is true, I've done it before, but only once in it's entirety. most of the time I get 2-3 miles in then quit. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. I can easily do the 4 mile walk, and always feel like I have enough energy to do at least another mile, so why couldn't i do this?

Then it hit me.

I spent most of the time watching the little mile counter in the corner, willing it to go up, to get to 5, so i could be done with this! I'd watch and watch and watch and get continually more frustrated at how slow it was moving, eventually, 'rationalising' that I'd done enough for the day, and stop.

So I put a post-it over the counter.

Problem solved :D

Linsy
10-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi there! I've been doing Atkins for a couple of months and have lost 25 pounds without exercising. I'm really out of shape and got the WATP videos. I thought today that I could do the 4 mile walk, thinking it wouldn't be very hard--I was wrong! It was tough and I gave up about halfway through, 15 minutes in. I think I'll stick to the one-mile walk for now.

I made a goal for myself to get up and move every day in November. I think if I do that I'll see much better results than if I did nothing at all.

dorkabrain
10-31-2010, 04:37 AM
Holy crockpot, Batman! I was making chili in my crockpot yesterday too. Even weirder is that it was the first time I've pulled the crockpot out in well over a year.

I plan to do the 3 Mile Slim and Sleek walk again today, but I'm not sure how I'm going to go. I possibly have a stomach virus which is bumming me out.

Summershine, I relate entirely to what you said about watching the counter. That's the one thing I'm not chuffed about with the new DVD, it counts down the time of each mile. I swear it goes slower if I have the ability to watch it constantly haha Congrats on conquering the 5 mile!

cdmoree
10-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow chili was popular yesterday.Hi Linsy, congrads on the 25 lbs. that is great!!!

off to get ready for church. Have a great day!!
Debbie

Misteriosa
10-31-2010, 01:47 PM
hi im new here :)

what is this 3 mile walk thing? is it a video? are you guys going outside or walking in place in your home? my asthma has worsened so i cant run (esp in the crisp autumn air, which i love). im looking for a cardio routine to compliment my workouts.

Toonses
10-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Hello Summer, Linsy (great weight loss) and Miste.:wave:

Miste - We are all using Leslie Sansone, Walk Away The Pounds (DVDs and videos or free on some cable channels). Leslie has been teaching this type of exercise for over 25 years. You can get online at her website or look at some reviews on Amazon (you can rent the DVDs on Netflix or buy used on Amazon). This is a walk in your home program. Sounds kind of strange, but it works. The workouts come in 1,2,3,4 and 5 miles. If you are a beginner I would start with a 1-mile workout and work up from that. Some workouts are more intense than others. I started with 1-mile workouts, worked up to 2-mile workouts and usually get a 3-mile workout in each day (4 or 5 mile on the weekends, if I am in the mood).

Every Monday I weigh myself to see how I am progressing and every other month I take my measurements. This morning I took my measurements. Holy Cow! In this past two-month period I loss 3 inches from my waist and 3 inches from my hips. I also loss 1.5 inch off each thigh, 1 inch off my chest and 1 inch off my calves. It is funny I have been lifting heavier weights and my upper arms stayed the same. I have been averaging a 5 pound weight loss each month since January and it has been nice, steady and slow. I don't follow a particular diet, but keep my calories under 1,800 calories per day (yes, I do eat chocolate - in moderation). The one main factor has been exercise and drinking a lot of water. During the work week I walk 2.5 miles each day outside during my lunch hour and I work out 6 or 7 days per week with WATP. This includes yoga, pilates, strength training and crunches. I also ride my bicycle a couple of days per week (when the weather is nice). We all have our own plan for our "fat attack" but this seems to work for me. My DH has also loss some weight by association. He is not working out, but he is eating healthier. Go figure.

This morning - 5-Mile Slim Down - did miles 2,3 and 4.

I hope you all have a great spooky Sunday.:haphal: The sun has come out and it looks like it will be a nice day to get outside and work in my muddy garden.:sunny: Have a wonderful day...

Linsy
10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Happy Halloween! :wave:
Thanks for the compliments, sometimes I feel like my weight loss isn't going fast enough but I know slow and steady is the way to take it off and keep it off.

Tonight I'm going to be doing the 1-mile walk. I need to get some weights pretty soon--I need to tone my upper arms. I carry a LOT of weight in my upper arms. They are one of my biggest problem areas! Have a great day everyone!

AnnieDrews
11-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey everyone! Join us in the November Daily Check-In thread....