40-Somethings - October Chat

View Full Version : October Chat

KittehMomma
10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Good morning and welcome to October. If this year goes by any faster, it's going to break the sound barrier.

No sugar yesterday, but I did eat too much. Nuts, fruit, other protein, so not terrible, but more quantity than I would have liked. Well, now that I'm getting the sugar cravings under control, portion control is the next step. Ugh, just in time for the weekend, when portion control is the hardest.

October--jack o' lanterns, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, Halloween candy. Next month, Thanksgiving, the National Day of Overeating. Then all the winter holidays with lots of food and special goodies. These last three months of the year are always the hardest for me.

I don't want to carry all of my current poundage into the new year.

:blah: Okay, that's enough whining.

Have a great Friday.

AnnieDrews
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Miss Kitteh!! I know what you mean about this time of year. I bought a chocolate covered marshmallow pumpkin at 7-11 today...:?:...luckily it was only 110 cal. so I don't feel too bad about it. That reminds me, I need to toss out the lemon poppyseed bread in the kitchen. It is almost a week old and the boys won't be back until Monday...it was dry anyway.:p

Kind of a hectic day. Going out to fiance's for the weekend where I'm sure we will be very debaucherous....is that a word?? Queso and beer and....?..... is what I'm thinking!! Will try to balance it out with lots of water and healthy choices. Probably won't post until Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful October weekend!

Oh, almost forgot....GO SOONERS! Beat Texas!!:D

Jackie Chan
10-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi Everybody,
I kind of went MIA at the end of last month. I kept reading but no time to post.
End of another month and no loss!!! I know why and what I have to do but my mind and body can't seem to get it together. AM wake up, mind says "come on move it, get that DVD on," body says "No, more sleep!!" and guess the body wins out more times than not!! Added problem this morning extreme backache!!! I have no idea why!! Still I can do my exercise bike and maybe weights (only lower back hurts!!).
I have to loose some this month, I so don't want to be writing the same next month.
And yes time is going by far too fast!!
Jackie

Hydra
10-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone! October is my favorite month, so many family birthdays, Halloween and beautiful Fall weather.

I have a busy weekend planned as my son turns 21 on Monday! How did that happen? 21? lol. Money is tight so I wasn't able to buy him anything big but I did get him a cake decorated with a Bengals football team motif, the game is tomorrow and some friends of his are coming over to celebrate and watch the game. I got him a cool card, it is black and red with flames and when you open it, it plays I Wanna Rock n Roll All Night by Kiss. :)

MaddieD
10-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Afternoon All!

Kids are still sick and hubby is being an idiot. Add that to me being in a funk of sorts and it was a crappy week. Ate junk for 2 days and while calorie-wise they were ok (about 1500-1600)...nutrition-wise it was a total waste. One good thing I suppose is that even though I ate some cookies...I actually didn't enjoy them. Thought they were either too sweet or just OK. So back to the beginning today. I have all my veggies in me and I am feeling better. Now I just need a new husband or some magic potion to change the one I have into a caring family-first kinda guy.

Jackie Chan
10-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I hate Monday mornings, actually I just hate the mornings!
But I am so tired, just exhausted and starting a week like this
is awful. I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 9pm. But
my neighbors son decided to start singing, completely off key and
as loud as he could. This went on until 10, then we had the usual
screaming, his Mom and slamming of doors!!!

Hydra.....congratulations to your son, 21!!! I kind of remember that!!
My oldest is 18 and I often wonder how that happened.

Maddie....Sorry that your kids are sick. Anything like my lot they only want Mommy when they are sick. Even the big kids!! But at least I get out the doctor run. Hubby wanted to live in Japan so he can take care of the things that involve language that goes beyond basic greetings.

Hope everybody has a good week.
Take care
Jackie

Im On A Boat
10-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone.

Life is returning to normal. Friend & her son are doing pretty good now after the sudden loss of her husband. I had gained a couple of pounds from just not having any time to myself or keeping up with food, but I was extremely sick this past week & was in bed the whole week & couldn't eat so I am back down to 189. Got some kind of serious stomach flu thing going on around here, still unable to work or stay out of bed much - just maybe I might get under 189 by the time I get over this mess.

I have a very quiet house now, my 3 foster girls have been placed in permanent places which I am thankful for, miss them sometimes but one of the girls does drive & she picked up the other 2 & showed up at my house yesterday with lots of pizza, one of them had called & found out I was sick so the girls said they had to check on Mom, very sweet. It was such a big surprise & I love that the girls are sticking together, sure can't hurt to have good friends that really understand what you are going through.

Just wanted to say hi while I am up for a few, actually have missed coming to the forum. Will try to read back some tomorrow.

AlyssaJoy
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Hi, Dee! I'm new here, but I just wanted to pop in to tell you I hope you feel better really soon. :hug: The stomach flu is the worst! :(

Get well soon!!

Alyssa :bunny2:

weightlosswanted
10-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for starting us off Kitteh! Welcome Alyssa : )

I made it to the gym 3x last week and got in a good ride on my bike yesterday. Go me! Meanwhile the possibility of my cancer recurring is rearing it's ugly head : ( My first ever massage uncovered an odd lump running halfway across my back and down to the bottom of my ribcage. Doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so I could use plenty of prayers. My daughter is taking me so I get to spend some time with her and the kids.

I hope everybody has a great start to the week!

Flamanette
10-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone! I absolutely love love love October! The start of Fall always puts me in a great mood! Now if only wasn't so rainy and dreary here where I live. We have had ONE day of sun since last week, blech!

Been doing well: down a nice amount after my full week on plan, so very happy about that. Had a weekend of overdoing a bit on carbs, but I survived!

Well wishes for those of you feeling under the weather! And may the month of October bring us all continued success!

~flamanette~ :coffee2:

MaddieD
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Kathi...sending postive thoughts your way!

My weekend was a write-off. Ate more junk and now I am feeling it. Serious water-weight gain and my head is throbbing. I'll bite the bullet today and hopefully get back on track. So far today I am eating according to plan.

Welcome Alyssa!

October...meh...it's an ok month. ;) Now once December 1st arrives...then I'll be smiling! I LOVE winter!!! And the colder the better!

Have a great day everyone!

AnnieDrews
10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone! :wave: October has arrived with a bang here in Oklahoma....frost advisories this morning! :dizzy: So I covered my flowers w/ black plastic and uncovered them this morning. We have lots of warm weather yet to go so I wanted to save them. This is very early for it to be this cool here. Supposed to warm back up to normal Oct. temps by the weekend.

Had a great weekend. Did not gain (at least it isn't showing on the scale....yet....I will keep a close eye on it) even with all of the off-plan eating I did. Beer and bread (in many forms) were the worst culprits....which probably isn't good for the lovely yeast infection that visited me on Friday....sorry if TMI. Even though I ate those types of things, I didn't really over-eat and filled in w/ fresh veggies, fiber and some water.

I picked pears from our pear tree out at fiance's and have a good bunch in the fridge. Searched the internet because they just didn't seem ripe enough to pick (they are still hard, but have a good flavor). The site I checked says to pick them that way, put them in the fridge for about a week, then put them out on the counter to soften up. So that is what I am doing. I couldn't wait to try baking with them so I did chop up a couple and made Honey Pear Bread for my boys. It was DELISH!!!! Can't wait for them to try it when they get home later today. It isn't lo-cal by any means, but I did use whole wheat flour and canola oil.

I really, really tried to get up early enough this morning to do my 5 mile WATP workout, but I just couldn't do it. I did do the 3 mile Boot Camp, but I am really wanting to add more to it. Not sure how I am going to do that.

JackieC-Good to see you! Hope your back is feeling better.

Hydra-Good to see you, too and I like your new pic! Hope you had a good time celebrating with your son. We watched lots of football this weekend ourselves.

Maddie-I hope your hubby is being more helpful and understanding.:hug:

IOAB-I really hope you are feeling better now. Rest and refresh yourself.

Hi Alyssa, welcome to the group!

WLW-I'll be praying for you. Please let us know what you find out from the doctor.:hug:

Flamanette-I am enjoying October and Fall more as I get older. It used to depress me to see things die out for the winter, but I know now it is just part of the cycle and it makes me appreciate the re-blooming in the Spring.

BlueFlower
10-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Happy Monday :crossed:

I didnt weight this am, but feel I'm probably down a bit, jeans fit well, so that's good. LOTS of activities going on, will be hard to manage eating out most of the week.

Maddie, my H was PMS'ing last week, too, think it has something to do with football season :( He seems better today.

Hope everyone has a good week! :)

AlyssaJoy
10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm having a great time reading about all of you and getting to know you better! :smug:

Kathi, I wanted to tell you that I'm praying for you!! :hug:

I never realized how many people are Fall lovers!! I LOVE this time of year, too! From the changing of the leaves, all the way through the first of the year, I'm practically on :cloud9: . The kids and I will be doing our Fall decorating today. Yay!! :cheer2:

Normally, I gain weight throughout the holiday seasons. Not necessarily a huge amount, but I do normally gain. I'm really praying this one will be different. I'll be working my butt, too, off to see to it that I don't lose my progress so far! :lol:

TTYL, friends!

BelovedK
10-04-2010, 09:41 PM
:wave: Can I join??

I'm new to the forums and happy to be here in the company of so many like minded women (and a handful of men) ((at least I thought I saw some men))

I love fall too, love everything about it except the fact that I am not fitting into my clothes (yet) I am just back on board my commitment to losing this weight after a few fails :-/

I'm fighting a cold (so far I'm winning) and skipped working out this morning, but plan to get up tomorrow. I feel so much better when I do.

Sometime around Thanksgiving, I will be performing (bellydancer) and really want to feel good in my costume, I am determined.

Flamanette
10-05-2010, 08:09 AM
:wave: Can I join??

Absolutely! The more the merrier! I try to start out every day reading and posting here -- it helps me keep on track believe it or not! After I read here, I am ready to tackle any kind of food challenges that come my way at work!

Welcome! Hope to hear more from you.

I am soooooooo sick of it raining here!!!!!! Please please can I send some of it to some of you lovely ladies? Honestly, it's been raining here for like a week straight! Usually dreary rainy days are my death food wise -- especially if it's chilly on top of it, which it is today YUCK.

So here I am this morning getting my "inspiration". Hopefully this is the last day for the rain. I miss the sun :(

~ :coffee2: ~

KittehMomma
10-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Good morning.

Rushed this morning, so quick post. Ate reasonably well, except for the fresh banana bread, but who can blame me?

Welcome, congrats, sorry for your troubles, have a great Tuesday.

Gotta run.

BelovedK
10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm reading a book, 'Hot to Make Almost Any Diet Work', and before I start an eating plan, I am supposed to track my emotions, hunger, blood sugar, satiety and stuff like that. I am not supposed to make any changes yet. I am planning on starting the SBD after the week is up. I just don't want to fail at another diet. It is about self awareness, and appetite disorders (instead of eating disorders)

I will share as I read. I have been eating as I would have, I plan to have more frequent, but smaller meals. One thing I have learned about myself is that I get way too little to drink, except things that aren't good for me. I will start tpo remedy that today.

I have grossly overscheduled myself today, never again. I'm off to work. :wave:

AnnieDrews
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Hello all!!:wave: Having a great day so far here today. I was able to get up and do a 3 mile WATP workout today. I usually do 3 miles M-W-F and 2 miles Tu-Th. I decided to quit stressing about replacing one of those with a 5 mile workout. I am going to shoot for doing a 3 mile every day for a while and see how that goes. Maybe it will jump start me back to losing so I can get to goal. So, feeling pretty good today.

I'm fixing a rather rich entree for supper tonight, but am going to try to reduce the butter and cheese a bit to make it slightly healthier. Am really going to watch my portion closely.

It is getting darker earlier and earlier every day around here....duh, it's fall, Annie!:p I am finding it harder to get all of the outside things done. I need to get out and water and we do need to mow soon as well. Very soon I will have a yard full of leaves to rake as, too. With the boys in school and at their Dad's half the time, I don't know when we will have time to get it all done. Going to have to budget my time wisely.

Welcome, BelovedK! Glad you are here with us!

Blueflower-Good luck keeping track this week with all of the activities. Keep healthy things on hand to have in case you get stuck.

Alyssa-How did the decorating go? I need to get some pumpkins this weekend. I always worry about putting the actual Halloween things out too early...not sure when to do that this year.

Flamanette-Hoping you get some sunshine up your way. We could use a little rain here if you could send it!:D

Kitteh-Good to see you....I love banana bread, too.;) I had made pear bread this weekend and froze one of the loaves so it wouldn't be calling me to eat it.

dancerindenver
10-05-2010, 11:53 AM
belovedk - welcome!

blueflower - woohoo for jeans fitting!

annie - you are such a busy girl - I'm so impressed with all that you do. How did your dinner turn out last night?

kitteh - your quick summary of responses to personals made me smile - what you said pretty much applies to all posts all the time (well, at least on Tuesdays ;) )

Doing okay here but I'm getting bored with my eating options. Chicken and veggies, fish and veggies, repeat. Anyone got quick healthy dinner suggestions that might help me mix things up a bit?

AnnieDrews
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Dancer-The "rich" supper I'm making is tonight, so don't know yet! On healthy supper ideas....one of my favs is to saute fresh sliced mushrooms in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray in a skillet til soft, then add one single serving size container of Egg Beaters....mushroom omelet! Filling, healthy and delicious! I usually add a salad or raw or steamed veggies to the side.

AlyssaJoy
10-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Good morning, ladies!! :hug:

BelovedK~ Welcome, girlfriend! Your book sounds really interesting! You must share with us the new pearls of wisdom you glean from it. :)

Flamanette~ Sending glorious sunshine your way, dahling! :flow2: (I think this might be a flower, but we're pretending it's sunshine, k?)

Kitteh~ I adore fresh banana bread!! I'm so glad there's none anywhere around me, otherwise I'd be sunk!

Annie~ You're doing really awesome with your workout! I could take a page from your book. lol! I'm really working on being more consistent with my daily workout. Your healthy omelette sounds delicious, btw!! Oh, and the decorating went fantastically! The kids and I worked together on it for hours yesterday. Do you decorate for Fall? :)

Dancer~ If you come up with some new and delicious, healthy food, please share!! :D

I'm doing well over here. I'm really glad I found you guys! This kind of support (giving and receiving) is *just* what I needed at this stage in the game. So, thanks to you all, for welcoming me into your group! :hug:

I mentioned here a couple of times that I barely tried to lose weight in September and only ended up losing 2 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for any loss, but I know I was completely unfocused and that didn't feel good at all.

I'm back on track now, and I'm apparently losing some water weight because at least a pound has come off every day in the last 5 days. This morning, I'm down to 139! I'm really happy about that!! :carrot: But I'm also being realistic in acknowledging that it'll slow down, and maybe even go up a tad if I eat too much salt. Water is water and it does fluctuate. *sigh*

Have a wonderful day, my friends!!

AnnieDrews
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Alyssa-I do like to decorate for Fall, but really purged alot of that kind of thing when I recently moved to my new home. I still have a few Fall things and some Halloween decor. I may go ahead with the Fall things this weekend and wait until closer to Halloween for the other. I put out some silk mums in a basket a while back and that has looked really nice on my little front porch. You should post a pic of your decorations!!

I see your start weight there near your name. How long did it take you to get to where you are now? I started 1/2010 and had hoped to be at goal by now. Keep up the great work!

BelovedK
10-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Good morning all :)

I'm up bright and early today! Not overscheduled today, yay!!!
Yes, the book. I have been tracking and am appalled at my regular diet (I am supposed to just eat normally and track to see my patterns. I am a mess, I get hardly any protein, alot of simple sugars and not enough to drink at all. How did this happen. I am supposed to track this week, and start making changes after a week of tracking. I am then starting the SBD with my DH.

They have you track your hunger, appetite, stress levels, blood sugar symptoms, etc. and I guess knowledge will help you have insight into yourself. I am not far enough along in the book to know what we will do wth all of the data, but I am excited, this book speaks to me. So far, every diet has failed. This gives solid physiological reasons why that is.

I'll share as I read.

How is everyone this morning?

KittehMomma
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Good morning. Made it to Wednesday!

Ate too much yesterday, but lost a pound anyway. :dizzy: Must start exercising again. Today should be calmer at work, but I'm having people over this evening, including the 'Temptations' (pizza, mmm...banana bread, mmm).

BelovedK--awareness is half the battle, I've found. I hope it works out for you.

Alyssa--doesn't it feel good to get rid of that extra water? Keep up the good work.

I bought some new Halloween decorations and I need to get some of them up soon--not too early as far as I'm concerned.

Well, got to get ready for work. Have a great day.

Flamanette
10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Goodness gracious how did it get to Wednesday already! I am happy happy happy today --- the sun is back!!!! Although I just looked out my window and there's black clouds all over, boo hoo.

Staying on plan, which is a basic exchange plan, but thinking about counting exact calories too to see if I am really staying in the range. That's kind of scary for me 'cause I don't want to find out I am waaaay off or something.

Hubby is looking now for vacation reservations for our December trip to Busch Gardens. I have set a mini goal of losing 20 lbs by then. I think that is a "safe" goal and perfectly do-able. IF I can get more out of it, bonus! But for now that is my goal!

Have a great OP day everyone!

AnnieDrews
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Hello friends! I am taking the day off Friday to spend it with my son (he is out of school) and I am SO looking forward to having a day off just for fun. There are so many cool things going on and only so much time, but we will figure it out. With the way their schedule is with their Dad this month (he has them for Fall Break this year and his usual weekends) this is the only weekend I will have with them during the entire month of October.:( We probably will go to a local museum to see an exhibit there on Friday and might also meet my older son for lunch as well that day (he is not out of school). Saturday we are going to our local amusement park for Fright Fest! It is always fun with their decorations, fall food, etc. Don't have any plans for Sunday except working around the house.

Dinner last night was pretty good, but I didn't cut back on the butter and cheese in the entree that I made.....that's okay. The scale showed me a pound down from my official weight. If it holds for tomorrow or Friday I will update my ticker.

Hope you all are having a great day!:)

weightlosswanted
10-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Welcome BK!

Sounds like everyone is doing well this week! I'm enjoying the beautiful, cooler weather and short spins on my new bike : ) First dr visit today, ultrasound and xrays on friday. She thinks the massage person might have separated my ribs....I don't think so, he found the lump and tried to "work it out" which made it swell up for a few days. The only pain I have is if you press on certain spots, I really think separated ribs would be a more constant pain or pain on movement. I've been working out like normal with no problems. Oh well, if the tests don't show anything the next trip is to the oncologist for bone scans and blood work. Back on the medical merry-go-round!

On a positive note she says I lost 5lbs since my last visit in march...but I'm exactly at the weight I've been stuck at forever! And of course I got to spend time with DD 24 and the kids today and she's going to take me for my tests on friday as well.

AlyssaJoy
10-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi, girls!! :hug:

Today's a crazy day for us. I'll be running out of the house with the kids soon and will be gone until pretty late tonight. I have only a few moments to post and a little time to think up a good plan for eating well today. :)

I got down to 138 this morning! Yay! :dance: But I'm a little worried about today's food. Ugh! We'll be eating with extended family who love to over feed me and guilt me into eating more. Actually, one will even sabotage my food by putting extra butter, olive oil, gravy (etc) on it... I mean really regularly! The kids catch him doing this all the time! Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! I'm praying my heart out I can somehow get away with not gaining weight today!! (is there a 'praying' emoticon? I need one! ) :?:

Alyssa-I do like to decorate for Fall, but really purged alot of that kind of thing when I recently moved to my new home. I still have a few Fall things and some Halloween decor. I may go ahead with the Fall things this weekend and wait until closer to Halloween for the other. I put out some silk mums in a basket a while back and that has looked really nice on my little front porch. You should post a pic of your decorations!!

I see your start weight there near your name. How long did it take you to get to where you are now? I started 1/2010 and had hoped to be at goal by now. Keep up the great work!

Hi, Annie! :hug: I'll see if I can post a few cute pics of decor. That would be fun! I'd really love to see some of the things you'll be doing, too, like your mums in a basket!! :D

I started my diet in March. Started out intentionally slow, but lost steadily (a couple of pounds a week). Had to kick it up a notch at around 8-10 weeks because weight loss slowed to a near standstill. :p Hit a month long plateau a one point, where I was being SOOOO careful with my cal intake and exercise, never cheating. Could NOT lost ONE pound. :( Changed my diet up pretty big after a month and switched over to a mostly vegetarian diet and weight loss picked up right away. Then sort of took September off, eating poorly part of each week, then cutting back part of the week. I gained and lost the same 3 or so pounds every week, lol!! But in the end, I did lose two pounds over all for the month, which told me I could have done much better if I wasn't totally splurging at least half the time. Sheesh! :dizzy: Back on track the first of October and have lost 7 pounds in 6 days! I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and the scale to stop moving any second now. :p I didn't even lose this quickly in the beginning!

What's your journey looked like so far, Annie? I think I noticed our heights and starting weights are pretty close. What's been your strategy? :)

Did you see the gal who posted yesterday that she just lost 100 pounds since January???? :o Girl, my body cannot do that!! I wanted to ask her "HOWWW???" LOL!!!

Have a blessed day, friends!! :flow2:

AlyssaJoy
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Kathi, I'll keep praying your tests results turn out good and your cancer hasn't returned!! :hug:

Love, Alyssa :bunny2:

AnnieDrews
10-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Kathi-So glad the doc is on top of things with the "lump". Let us know how everything turns out.:hug:

Alyssa-I'll try to get some pics, too!

I started my plan on 1/11/10. I started my own plan of counting calories (basically 130-144ish/day), lots of water (64+ oz./day), high fiber, reduced fat, reduced sugar, lots of fresh and unprocessed foods. The most important thing I think for me was starting an exercise program. I knew from past experience that if I did not exercise I would not be able to maintain any weight loss I might have. So I (finally) found something I enjoy and is not too hard on my knees or back (issues). I use the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs and walk 2-3 miles at least 5 days a week. I still allow myself to eat the things I love, just less of them and less often. Some things I try not to keep around much so I am not tempted to eat them too often. One of the biggest changes I made was bringing my lunch and breakfast to work DAILY. I work in a doctors office where food is frequently brought in and I knew I had to give up eating that kind of thing on a regular basis. If I eat out or have things that aren't on my plan, I want to choose what it is!

So I have 12 pounds until goal and I feel the best I have felt in years; maybe ever in my life. I know these changes are permanent for me. It is that important to me to be as healthy as I can as I get older.

BelovedK
10-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh well, if the tests don't show anything the next trip is to the oncologist for bone scans and blood work. Back on the medical merry-go-round!

Thanks for the welcome :) I hope the mystery is solved and it is something easy to fix :hug: Congrats on the loss!!!

Actually, one will even sabotage my food by putting extra butter, olive oil, gravy (etc) on it... I mean really regularly! The kids catch him doing this all the time! Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! I'm praying my heart out I can somehow get away with not gaining weight today!! (is there a 'praying' emoticon? I need one! ) :?:

:What??!? That is a toughie. Just stay strong. I know it's hard, you will resist, you will resist!

So I have 12 pounds until goal and I feel the best I have felt in years; maybe ever in my life. I know these changes are permanent for me. It is that important to me to be as healthy as I can as I get older.:carrot: Awesome!!

I have done awful today :( Partly because I am not intentionally trying to change yet. I feel terrible :( I can't wait until this weekend. DH will be traveling a god bit this and next week, and we want to start together. I guess we need to talk about it. I feel in limbo :(

BlueFlower
10-06-2010, 07:20 PM
OCTOBER? Have you started your Holiday Shopping :devil:

138 Alayssa - NICE! :D

I down -2, yeah! :)

Really do NOT want to see 180's again. Plan for next week is 17something :dizzy:

Bought a new set of tupperware, been bringing healthy lunches to work, cooking in advance... it's going well.

Come on, Friday! :carrot:

MaddieD
10-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Morning All!

Welcome to the new people!

Haven't been around too much as I am the secretary of the school's PTAG and we are doing 2 major fundraisers back to back. We raise about $15-17 000 during this time so free time is limited. After the 22nd life goes back to normal!

Keep up the great work! I've had some ups and downs but not too worried about it...still on track for the most part.

AnnieDrews
10-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Hello to all! I had a nice surprise this morning as I stepped on the scale....it said 150.5!!! I really needed that boost so I went with it and changed my ticker. Now I can't wait to see the 140s, so excited!

Beloved-Maybe if you just went outside and took a walk it would help you feel better. Move your body! I understand about you and DH wanting to start together. Hope he gets home soon. You certainly are ready, I can tell!

Bluflower-I KNOW you didn't just remind me that I haven't bought one thing for Christmas yet....:p I did see something in a catalog last night I would like to get, though. Good for you for getting the Tupperware to use to take your food to work in.

Hi Maddie!-This is the first year in I-can't-remember-when that there is no fundraiser and I love it!! Once younger son gets into marching band in a couple of years, that will change though. Good luck!

I hope you all have a great day! I am taking off work tomorrow, but I will check in as I can over the weekend.

weightlosswanted
10-09-2010, 02:31 AM
Way to go Annie, you're only 10lbs from goal!

I had my ultrasound and doctor's visit today, now I've developed symptoms of a UTI. Things did not go well, the "rib" pain I was having turns out to be my kidney, and my liver is tender as well. The ultrasound process was extremely painful and the preliminary results are inconclusive. Won't be able to get the full report until Thursday : ( And the urinalysis was negative even though I have all the symptoms! The doctor is treating me for a UTI and doing a culture on the urine sample. I HATE the whole medical roller coaster, so today was not a good day! I'm guessing a CT scan is going to be the next step before they send me back to the oncologist. I definitely need lots of prayers, I can handle whatever the diagnosis is but the uncertainty is incredibly stressful!

lambchop
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi friends...I'm back from Disney and my race. Unfortunately I had my very first DNF (did not finish)...some medical issues caused me some stress and I had to jump out early. I'm okay - if it had been my very first half I think it would have impacted me harder. This was my fourth -- and I made the right call for myself. Thankfully, i'm evolved enough as a person to not define myself based on one day - so I'm not beating myself up over it. My running blog is here: DebRunning.com if you want to read the report, it's at the top.

Otherwise, I'm back home - trying to make good food choices and working on hill training this month since my next half marathon is in November and goes straight up hill for the few few miles, blah. We went to Bushkill Falls yesterday and did the 2mile path with a lot of stairs and uphills.

Weight, I'm just hanging here not changing much. I need to put more concentrated effort in - and am dedicating this next month to staying very tight to my program.

Will try to go back and read a bit to see what everyone has been up to

BelovedK
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I had my ultrasound and doctor's visit today, now I've developed symptoms of a UTI. Things did not go well, the "rib" pain I was having turns out to be my kidney, and my liver is tender as well. The ultrasound process was extremely painful and the preliminary results are inconclusive. Won't be able to get the full report until Thursday : ( And the urinalysis was negative even though I have all the symptoms! The doctor is treating me for a UTI and doing a culture on the urine sample. I HATE the whole medical roller coaster, so today was not a good day! I'm guessing a CT scan is going to be the next step before they send me back to the oncologist. I definitely need lots of prayers, I can handle whatever the diagnosis is but the uncertainty is incredibly stressful!
You will be in my prayers :hug:

afm, I am afraid to weigh :o I am just getting started and have decided not to wait for DH to really start. He told me he doesn't want to worry about it until he is back from traveling so much and I can't say I blame him.

I am decluttering and sorting through my house and in the process I realized that I have lost my wedding photo cd :?: I hope the photographer can send me a copy, I've emailed her.

I am on a little break and don't want to lose momentum.

lambchop
10-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Kathi, just read back...will keep you in my thoughts hon and will say a prayer

AlyssaJoy
10-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Just popping in to say hi to all you girls!! :wave:

Kathi, I'm so, so sorry you're going through this; the pain, the stress from uncertainty... All of it. :( ... :hug: I'll pray and pray for you, and I won't stop until I hear a good report, sister. :hug:

Annie, congratulations on your weight loss!! :cp: Look out 140's! Here she comes!! :carrot:

lambchop
10-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Alyssa, just wanted to say -- that's the cutest bunny ever in your signature!

angelskeep
10-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Hiya, Deb! Sorry you didn't finish, but glad you were smart enough not to.

Annie, congrats! I'm jealous.

Kathi, keeping you in my well wishes.

Watching football in a little while, then a 2.92 mile walk on the dam dirt road. It has more hills than the regular dam road. About the same dam miles. My feet are tired today from the dam walk yesterday, but I need the exercise so I'll ignore that part and just do the dam walk. It is near the Buffalo Bil Dam in case anyone new thinks I swear a lot and can't spell...Dinner tonight is pumpkin and black bean soup. YUMMY! I bought a case of canned pumpkin at Sam's or Costco a few weeks ago after hearing a report of a pumpkin shortage...yikes!

Have a greeat day everyone!

Barb

luv2walk
10-10-2010, 03:43 PM
You're so right about October and all the wonderful goodies that come with it, which all seem to relocate in my tummy and continue to party in there like an Octoberfest that lasts until Valentine's day! I think I'll carve my pumkin in the shape of a weight scale on tilt just as a gentle reminder of the damage I can do during the holidays. Any thoughts?
C.J.

AlyssaJoy
10-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Happy Sunday, everyone! :hat:

Alyssa, just wanted to say -- that's the cutest bunny ever in your signature!

Hehe! Thank you, Deb! :hug: I just grabbed it from the emoticon page. :D

Kathi, I'm praying for you today, sister! :hug:

Barb!! LOL!! :rofl: You did have me wondering about your 'dam walk'!! That's so funny! I'm still cracking up over here! LOL!! :lol3:

I'm glad you said something about the possible pumpkin shortage! I'm going to buy some in bulk, too, now that you've brought that to my attention. Thank you!! :)

Your soup sounds really good, btw, Barb. :stir:

C.J., I love your pumpkin carving idea. *giggle* :lol: ....:p

I'm feeling overtired and unfocused today. I've stayed up too late two nights in a row watching movies, and now I'm paying for it. :faint: I'm going to really have to work hard to stay focused today. I don't feel like I'll be tempted to overeat, but I could easily overdo the calories accidentally by not paying attention. My weight loss has stopped for the last few days, and I'd love to get down to 137 by Friday if at all possible. We'll see. :)

Have a great Sunday, girls! :flow1:

ange82much
10-11-2010, 05:22 AM
Hi all, been MIA for a while.

More bad stuff for me - my sister had a stroke and died totally out of the blue two weeks ago, so i rushed back to UK to be with the family for a bit. Mum's taking it hard as you'd imagine. Had 41 great years, but this year has been a shocker.

It's so good to be home again now though as i've been away overseas for various reasons (work mainly) for 8 of the last 9 weeks, so today and tomorrow i'm just taking a couple of days off work to relax.

Well, sort of relax. Just got in from 5hrs of scrubbing our decking and picking out all the tree-nut-thingys that wedge themselves inbetween the boards. So it's all ready for its anual oiling tomorrow (spring over here remember!).

The dramas of the last few weeks meant that i didn't feel hungry at all, so i've probably lost a bit of weight, but i haven't been exercising as much as normal and its definitely not the right way to lose weight.

I feel pretty unhealthy at the moment but seem to be struggling to discipline myself foodwise. Really need to be getting back to the healthy stuff and the running, and DOING instead of just HOPING!

Flamanette
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Good morning all! Been MIA for a few days while real life happened. I swear, I have so many forums, blogs, and emails that I can barely get through them some days. I think I need to learn to ignore most of them and concentrate on what is most important to me right now: and that would be the weight loss part of my life -- yipee, that means staying connected to here for sure.

To those who are having health issues: my thoughts and prayers go with you my sisters!

Here's to a great week for us all.

Oh, and: overall I am down 4.9 lbs since starting here!! Woo Woo...something's working (it's the guilt I feel when I come here and read with you all).

Hey ^^^ that means I am almost close to picking one of the cool little Smilies to use for each 5 lbs lost!!!

BlueFlower
10-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Hi all, been MIA for a while.

More bad stuff for me - my sister had a stroke and died totally out of the blue two weeks ago, so i rushed back to UK to be with the family for a bit. Mum's taking it hard as you'd imagine. Had 41 great years, but this year has been a shocker.

Oh, how horrible... You must be exhausted from the drama, stress and travel :hug:

Last week was so much better for me. I cooked ahead, used my new tupperware to keep healthy foods in the fridge at the office, spreading my meals out more, which is keeping me more satisfied, less temped to binge, and I'm down a pound!

AND my hubby is down 20 pounds since he started in late August. :carrot:
(245 down to 225!)

I'm feeling better about this. :)

Good luck to everyone this week! :dizzy:

lambchop
10-11-2010, 02:08 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic loss ((hugs))

AlyssaJoy
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh, Ange, I'm so sorry for your loss! :hug: I'll say a prayer for your whole family right now!

Flamanette, congratulations on so very nearly five pounds lost!! You go, girl!! Woohooo!! :yay:

Kathi, still praying for you! :hug:

Hello, BlueFlower! Good job!! :broc: I'm glad you're feeling better about everything this week. :D

Hi, Deb! :hug:

Have a blessed day, girlfriends! :sunny:

ange82much
10-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Awww. Thanks for the support everyone. I feel like a real sympathy sponge which i'm embarrassed about, but at the same time it has been a tough time, so i really appreciate it!

Feeling better the last few days and have got my normal appetite back.

So i need to get healthier again. Day 1 today and so far so good! I'm determined to lose a couple of lbs over the next couple of months as i've not really done that and just been maintaining since about April.

Got a heap of clothes sat in the wardrobe that have been too small for a couple of years now. Would love to get back into them!!

BelovedK
10-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Awww. Thanks for the support everyone.

Got a heap of clothes sat in the wardrobe that have been too small for a couple of years now. Would love to get back into them!!

That's what we are here for (support :) I'm glad things are looking up for you.

I gave away some old size 8s that I felt I would never get into. To be honest, I would be happy being a 9/10. I used to be a 7, which was way too skinny fir me, I looked emaciated. 8 or 9/10 would be perfect!

I just worked at a Halloween party doing Tarot readings (which is one of the things I do) and it was a real adventure. I had to do a 10 minute talk about myself and what I do. I was soooo nervous that at one point I lost my breath :o but I recovered and it went well.

I also forgot to bring SBD food (which is the plan I am following) so when I was driving home, I got a killer headache :( I will never make that mistake again (plus doing readings takes alot out of me)

weightlosswanted
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh Ange, how awful! I'm so sorry for your loss : ( will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Alyssa: thanks for the prayers. visit with the oncologist today. I think that will get me some answers more quickly.

Deb: DNF or not, you're still my hero! love your positive attitude : )

So it looks like I may have lost 3-4lbs. I didn't actually feel bad until after my 2nd dr visit. Side effects from the meds I'm guessing. Don't feel much like eating and no energy to cook so it's been cheerios 2-3 times a day when I need to take my meds. Usually just 1 "real meal". When I ran out of cheerios I went to cinnamon toast. Not the healthiest way to eat, but at this point it's a matter of I have to eat something. I did make myself get on my bike last night for a trip to the mailbox and a quick spin around the complex. And a friend picked me up on sunday to go to our annual church picnic. It was nice to get outdoors. And of course I ate some great non-cheerios food. Didn't feel a bit guilty about it either : ) I think mentally I'll feel better after I see the oncologist today. I'm not happy with my family dr at this point, and having to wait almost a week for the ultrasound results aggravates me.

It sounds like everyone is doing great! It encourages me to read your posts even if I'm just lurking : ) Have a great week!

AnnieDrews
10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi girls! I had a lovely 3-day weekend and didn't have time to post yesterday so I am getting caught up now! Eating was not a pretty sight over the weekend. I went hog wild (with a big emphasis on the "hog" part.:D). I don't know if I even had one fresh veggie (maybe lettuce, etc. on a sammy). Bread was the big offender in all forms....donuts, giant pretzel, pizza bread....you get the idea. But got back on track yesterday and plan on sending the remaining Double Stuff Oreos (Halloween edition!) with the boys to their Dad's house. Grabbing one here and there over the last few days has just gotten way too easy for me. OUT dam* Oreos!!

Kathi-I'll pray that all the tests come back negative for any cancer-related issues. Let us know when you can.:hug:

Deb-Glad to see you here. Don't worry about having a DNF. You ran! The result isn't what matters. Keep it movin' girl!

Beloved-I hope you found the wedding CD! The Halloween party sounds fun! Hope the headache is gone now.

Hi Allyssa! Hope you got caught up on your sleep. We rented movies this weekend. The one I really wanted to see (the original Frankenstein) didn't work in the dvd player.:mad: I'm going to ask for store credit darn it!!

Ange-I'm so sorry for your loss.:hug: I hope you are feeling more like yourself soon. I can see how it would be hard to stick to a plan with all the traveling you have to do. You'll be back in those clothes in no time!

Flamanette-Congrats on the loss! I know what you mean about having too many blogs, boards, etc. to keep up with. I really only have 2 (and Facebook) that I keep up with and it's tough! So glad I found this place, though.

Go Blueflower and hubby!! Planning ahead is so important and helpful. Keep at it!!

P.S. The gal who threw my food away from the work refrigerator said to me yesterday, "Oh, you and your healthy breakfast! Are you getting tired of it yet?"...:mad:...I just smiled and said "No."

Love you all!!

AnnieDrews
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Special shout-out to Barb...I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment about stocking up on pumpkin! I can see you walking into Sam's with a panicked look on your face now. Glad that disaster was averted.;) :hug:

Flamanette
10-12-2010, 02:16 PM
This pumpkin thing I am hearing ppl talk about...putting it in oatmeal and what not... do ya just buy the pumpkin in the can off the shelf?? Can you eat that right out of the can?

I am not kidding myself, I know it won't taste like pumpkin pie, but when I go to store and look at the cans, I don't see "Hey, did ya know ya just eat me right out of the can" signs.

Told ya it was a stupid question....:o

AnnieDrews
10-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Flamanette-The canned pumpkin tastes just like that....canned pumpkin. I personally can't eat it right out of the can, but I think the idea is to get it w/o all of the additives in the pumpkin pie mix. You can use it and add spices or sweetener as you'd like.

weightlosswanted
10-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Flam: lol, not a stupid question at all. I've heard of pumpkin bread, pie and cookies...but not adding it to oatmeal etc. Definitely hadn't considered eating it out of the can! My ex used to actually cut up and cook our own pumpkins for baking.

Annie: everybody falls off the wagon once in a while, just kick the wheel and get back on : )

So my oncologist isn't overly worried...but wants to see me in a month to followup. Still leaves the question of what's going on with my kidney. Biggest fear at this point is that I have kidney stones and when they start moving it's not going to be pretty! I had kidney stones once before and I'd rather have another baby : (

ange82much
10-13-2010, 04:35 AM
wow - Annie!! look at you! Great new pic. You look fantastic! You definitely can't lapse now you've done all that hard work. NOT AN OPTION.

Kathi - so sorry for all your upset. It must be really really awful not knowing. Good news that the oncologist isn't unduly worried though. Best of luck with the ultrasound test results - make sure you let us know.

I'm feeling better and a bit more on top of things today. Back at work, back at the gym, stuck to the diet. All good.

AnnieDrews
10-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi gang! Well, I got my new glasses yesterday and I can actually see! My other ones were so scratched and smudged I don't know how I was seeing out of them. The prescription is a bit stronger but I am getting used to them.

Younger son is sick again today...diarrhea again...so he stayed home. I will go home at lunch and offer toast and bananas. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get it....bleh.

Kathi-What a relief that the doc is not worried about cancer right now. I work at a urology office and have seen many, many people through the years w/ kidney stones, so I know they are no fun. BUT....I would rather have a kidney stone than cancer, so look at the bright side.:)

Thanks Ange!:D Sounds like you are doing well. Are you enjoying Spring time down in your part of the world?? Fall is here and I love it, but hate the thought of winter coming.

Gotta scoot, busy morning here.

BelovedK
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Annie, I need new glasses too. My scrip is pretty outdated.

My day has taken a turn for the unexpected :( I just had a car accident :( A 16 year old girl took a left onto a main road where I was going strsight. She hit me and sent me down an embankment where I just got jostled around and hit my knee. My lower back is killing me and I hit my knee and my neck hurts. perhaps I should have got to the hospital to get checked out. My dad actually came to give me a ride because DH is out of town.

I could still go to a DR. I have no way of getting there though.

AnnieDrews
10-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Beloved-You really should see a doctor. You are going to be even more sore tomorrow and you may need something to help relax those muscles. Rest as much as you can and let us know how you are doing. Glad it wasn't more serious.

ange82much
10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Wow, sorry about your accident Belovedk. Yes, you probably should get any neck/back injuries checked out just in case there's something that's going to linger and need future treatment. Hope you're ok very soon.

Annie - actually you can't really beat winter over here as it's generally dry and sunny with temp range 10-20C so perfect for outside activities. Spring and autumn are good too. Summer is great for being lazy but too hot to do much exercise (when you're not really a water-baby), so i'm not really looking forward to it getting too hot too quickly.

angelskeep
10-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Ange-my sympathies to you and your loved ones.
Kathi-crossing my fingers...and toes...
Annie-I LOVE pumpkin stuff, not just sweet but savory too and last year, I didn't buy any extra. I wanted to make some pumpkin soup this summer-ish and had to pay almost $4/can for it at the health food store. YIKES!
Flamanette-you could it it out of the can, the pumpkin, but it isn't very tasty that way. I have cut up chunks of fresh pumpkin in the past, you have to get the right kind, not the jacko kind, but the canned is easier. I put it in my yogurt the other day with spelnda and pumpkin pie spices. And my bran cereal. it's an approximation of pumpkin pie, but not as good. There are some recipes here on 3FC for pumpkin stuff, and you can also just do a goodle search for "canned pumpkin recipes". I found a pumpkin chili recipe online that we're having tonight. It smells good so far. I think pumpkin, even the canned kind, is pretty good for ya.
BelovedK-best to take care of yourself!

Anyone I missed, howdy! I am terrible at personals and need to keep up better as usual.

I fell right on off of plan yesterday and couldn't resist the siren song of Chinese food. GRRR! It probably undid the 7-ish miles of walking I did over hte weekend. Today I am back on track and better armed to find something to eat when I am hungry and sick to death of yogurt and cereal. Had 4 oz. of salad greens with 1/2 can chicken and a serving of couscous for my late lunch today and it was a lot healthier than Chinese and a nice change from the yogurt stuff. Will have the other 1/2 tomorrow.

Oh and my new favorite late breakfast/early snack is 1 cup of eggbeaters with some chopped garlic sauteed in a non-stick pan w/o oil, then crumble over 1 oz. of feta. YUMMY! It actually made me feel full today, when just plain eggbeaters doesn't seem to do the trick.

Off to do some more work. We have a craft show next weekend and I am not nearly ready!

Barb

AnnieDrews
10-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Barb-Ny fav way to eat Egg Beaters is to saute fresh mushrooms in some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray and then pour in the eggs. Mushroom omelet! Yummy!!

lambchop
10-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Was started on BP meds this week, and we're testing my adrenal glands. Have had some quirky issues the last couple weeks, starting on my trip. My head is not in the game food wise. Trying to get myself back - the last few days I've just been spinning circles. BP, Bloodsugars and a few other things are wonky right now, up and down without prompt - not their normal

Did some hiking, walking this past week and did 2 miles of hill training last night. Plan on doing a couple more miles tonight.

Reading the boards - not doing personals right now, but keeping aware of what everyone is up to

lambchop
10-14-2010, 10:25 AM
few things: The pumpkin thing - we have about 20 cans...we did a massive stock up when we saw them finally -- I use a sugar-free devils food cake mix/1 can of pumpkin -- that's it..then pop in oven 350 degrees 20-30 mins..i use a muffin tin to make single servings - love them.

Kathi- glad the oncologist gave you a clear for a bit

Annie, love your new pic

AnnieDrews
10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Deb-I'm going to try the devil's food cake idea. (Where do you find sugar free devil's food cake mix??) I tried using the pumpkin w/ Jiffy Brownie mix several months ago and it turned out a little weird.

Hope you can get the medical issues worked out soon.:hug:

Flamanette
10-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Hope you all are doing well today. I am home from work today as it is my husband's "big med" treatment. So spending the day with the kids, yay. But it's raining here, blech.

Thanks for the answers on the canned pumpkin issue. I realize it won't taste sweet right out of the can, and that's ok. I was reading a thread somewhere else on this forum that was all about how people eat oatmeal, and several people talked about adding pumpkin to theirs! I love love love oatmeal, but need to get away from the pre-flavored packets...so I thought I would give that a try.

For those who are having health issues, my thoughts are with you!

I am feeling a good scrabble game in my bones, off to see if the kids are interested.

AND, tada, I get to put a cute little smilie for 5 lbs lost! So here he is: :flame:

BelovedK
10-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi all :wave

I'm too drugged to do personals now :dizzy: and my neck is hurting even through Percocet.

I am dealing with insurance companies, and not wanting to sign anything until I figure out what is a fair settlement. I keep getting little flashbacks of the accident (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/BelovedK/2010-10-13083953.jpg) and think of what would have happened if my kids had been in the other seats :( I am ok, just a little sore, but I had been getting PT because of rotator cuff injuries to my shoulder, and now my shoulder hurts again :-/

I just don't know what is fair, sigh.

ange82much
10-14-2010, 05:50 PM
belovedk - what is fair is that you have minimum emotional impact on yourself i'd say. So make your decision and be true to yourself and then forget about that part of it. What's not fair is if you have to keep worrying about whether you've done the right thing or not. You shouldn't be hurt but you are, so make sure you sort the medical side of things out. However your kids weren't in the other seats. The other driver wasn't far off a kid themselves. These things happen; and in that respect i guess it's not fair who gets hurt, but you just have to make the best of things the way they are. Hope the pain and the pills are over really quickly! Look after yourself.

Flamanette - congrats on the 5lb loss. Great work. Bet you're feeling good with that. And hope you thrashed the kids at scrabble (hate playing with my mum cos she knows all those sneaky two-letter words and ends up with huge scores as a result).

Lambchop - that's bad news about you being a bit wonky at the moment. Hope the medicine gets you right. Is it supposedly just temporary medication? Must be a worry. You look after yourself too! Good job you're already active and otherwise healthy at this time.

I'm still on plan with eating and feeling much better and appear to have lost 2lb which is huge for me but i would say that in reality it's mostly due to TOM.

Am i the only person who actually drops weight a day or so before, and for the first day or two of my period?? I'm also more likely to have more energy and have more intensive exercise during that time.

JackSpratsWife
10-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I just wanted to to say hi! I haven't read through all the pages here, but I'll see if I can read this thread daily and get to know you all.

Flamanette: congrats on the 5 lb loss! Coincidentally, I just taught my oldest to play scrabble last night!

ange82much: I start gaining weight the week before and it starts coming off again around day 2. It used to never effect my energy level, but as I get older, my symptoms seem to be getting worse. Lately it pretty much wipes me out. (BTW, love your screen name!)

lambchop
10-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Deb-I'm going to try the devil's food cake idea. (Where do you find sugar free devil's food cake mix??) I tried using the pumpkin w/ Jiffy Brownie mix several months ago and it turned out a little weird.

Hope you can get the medical issues worked out soon.:hug:

go to the pillsbury website (I put the link below, but not sure if it will let it go through) - click on the product and click on find locations/stores - if it doesn't go through, i'll put a broken version of the link up

http://productlocator.infores.com/productlocator/resources/13/PLSB/cake.htm

lambchop
10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi all :wave

I'm too drugged to do personals now :dizzy: and my neck is hurting even through Percocet.

I am dealing with insurance companies, and not wanting to sign anything until I figure out what is a fair settlement. I keep getting little flashbacks of the accident (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i9/BelovedK/2010-10-13083953.jpg) and think of what would have happened if my kids had been in the other seats :( I am ok, just a little sore, but I had been getting PT because of rotator cuff injuries to my shoulder, and now my shoulder hurts again :-/

I just don't know what is fair, sigh.

OMG! You poor dear!!! ((Hugs))

AnnieDrews
10-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks, Deb, for the link! My regular store carries it apparently, I'll have to check.:D

Flamanette
10-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Well it's back at work this morning, but at least it's Friday! Woot for the weekend.

Never did get that game of scrabble in; but my 14 year old son does beat the pants off me quite often! The 9 year old is coming into her own as well. It's a challenging game when we all three play. Towards the end when we are all struggling to use up tiles and find words, we break all the rules and begin to use silly words. That's the time we allow all kinds of abbreviations and names of my son's Bionicle figures....

I probably won't be around to much for the weekend -- hoping to be outside and busy! I love this weather!

Have a great "on plan" weekend all!

Hugs till Monday, unless I poke my head in later today!

~ :coffee2: :sklol:

weightlosswanted
10-15-2010, 09:23 PM
BK: so sorry about the accident! please get yourself a lawyer and let them work out the details!

Welcome JackSprat's wife!

Deb: sorry you're doing the medical merry-go-round too! hope you get it figured out.

I have to go for another ultrasound on Monday, to check out a "superficial mass". No clue what that means : ( I've been going the rounds with my family doctor to get the test done outside of her office so I can have a professional do it. That was the note the radiology place read me from the orders, as I refuse to pay for another doctor's visit until all the results are in. All the tests are being sent to my oncologist as well because I want a doctor I trust to review the reports. I'm guessing it's a fatty cyst, but an sure somewhere down the line they'll want some kind of biopsy done due to my history.

Very little excercise the last 10 days, also very little appetite but that seems to be picking up now that I've finished the antibiotics. Going to the farmers market tomorrow if it kills me to stock up on healthy foods. My daughter tood the kids pumpkin picking, no shortage here! Anybody have good recipes for pumpkin seeds?

lambchop
10-16-2010, 12:23 PM
We just always used to bake them and salt them Kathi

MaddieD
10-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Hey All!

Finished with one fundraiser and the next one is finished on Thursday. I am so sick of asking for money...counting out money...tracking money....I could NEVER be an accountant!!! ;)

Won't get into too many personals...but wow...life has been tough!! Big hugs to everyone who needs one!! My day to day worries are nothing compared to what some of you are dealing with.

Also had a couple of medical appointments here...end result is better news than I expected so keeping on the same path. And have decided that I will be weighing in every 2-3 weeks rather than weekly. I find I am freaking out over any kind of gain,even though it goes down within 2 or 3 or 5 days. Still out to kill the yeasties, however their numbers are down but not down quite enough.

I'll be back Saturday-ish! ;)

angelskeep
10-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Deb-I have the pumpkin and s/f cake mix thingy in the oven right this moment. I was surprised to find the s/f cake mix at my walmart store. The locator link said nobody here has it, but I figured I would look anyhow and lo! there it was. I added a couple of tsp of pumpkin pie spice just because. Would've put in a pinch of chipotle but my jar is on top of the stove waiting for me to remember to buy more. I LOVE chipotle with pumpkin and chocolate...will try next time.

Barb

lambchop
10-16-2010, 06:57 PM
You can also use spice cake mix, but they don't have a sugar free option...it's delicious, but i'm trying to start being more aware of my sugars again, so went that way...but just a head's up...the regular devils food cake and the regular spice cake both taste DELICIOUS with the pumpkin recipe

angelskeep
10-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I have regular carrot and spice cake mixes in the cupboard. Was thinking they would be good for my fam for turkey day that way. And I am willing to bet that doing it s/f, my friends would never know it is "diet" food. Thaks for the recipe...it's awesome. We had to eat one as soon as they were out of the oven, so I adjusted my menu for the day to make room. Most excellent.

B

AnnieDrews
10-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow, looks like most of us took the weekend off!:D

I had a great weekend w/ fiance and didn't do too badly with the food. Ate "off-plan" things but didn't "over" eat as far as I am concerned. Really would be glad to see a loss when I weigh later in the week....fingers crossed.

Enjoyed being out in the country at fiance's. We are going to build a house out there probably starting in the spring and we are having the bulldozing done now. They are also re-doing the pond. I couldn't believe how good it looked when I got out there Friday. It looks like a campground and I can't wait to see how the house is going to look. There were two old barns, a tornado shelter and a small pig barn before. Here are some pics of how it looks currently. (If the link doesn't work just let me know!)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33815&id=100000230746500

JackSpratsWife
10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I couldn't see your pictures. Pretty exciting, though!

I had a busy weekend with overnight guests, so I couldn't get online.

I had my first weigh-in this morning. I lost 4 lbs this week! Yay! I'm off to a good start. :carrot:

BTW, I put pumpkin in my oatmeal this morning, since you all have been talking about pumpkin so much. It was good and so much more filling than regular oatmeal. I think I put a squeak bit too much in though, and will reduce the amount next time.

ange82much
10-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Annie, i couldn't see your pics either. Shame. You'll have to attach them directly to your next post so we can see them!

Average weekend foodwise for me, which is ok. Happily ramping back up the exercise at the moment though and did a 90min trail run this morning and have done running or gym visits or both, every day for the last couple of weeks.

Can't see my weight dropping this week, but at least i feel healthier!

weightlosswanted
10-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Just a quick drive-by. Sounds like everybody is doing great, and I'm not the only one running into a few obstacles. Prayers and hugs for everyone with medical issues! Ultrasound results in a couple of days, still believing it's something simple like a fatty cyst : )

Flamanette
10-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Missed checking in yesterday after the weekend. Feeling very BLAH today as it's a rainy day here. I've not been as tight on plan as I want to, but working on it. I have a goal for myself to lose 20 lbs by the time we go away for our Christmas vacation; I began so confidently, but now my faith in myself is waivering. I need to re-focus I guess. I find that when ever I don't spend time here at least reading, my focus points are off a bit.

Thoughts and prayers (hope I am allowed to say that) for all with medical stuff going on. It can be scary, some of the terminology the doctors use.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

AnnieDrews
10-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Try this link for pics of our place in the country. I'll be back later for a longer post to catch up.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Preparing%20To%20Build/

MaddieD
10-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Pics are beautiful!! I'm a sucker for mature trees and your spot is gorgeous!!

Just popping in to catch up before Saturday. Out today to get supplies to feed 500 people and something for our supper tonight. ;) And have to do it before kids get off the bus....

AnnieDrews
10-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Maddie-Feeding 500??:dizzy: That's downright biblical!!:D

dancerindenver
10-19-2010, 01:56 PM
anniedrews - your new avatar is just gorgeous, by the way. I know you've been using it for a bit but this was the first chance I had to comment on it. Just how is it exactly that you're getting YOUNGER with every new photo?

maddied - good luck with feeding the masses - sounds like a huge project.

flamanette - what a good idea to have a vacation goal - that always gets me motivated.

wlw - fingers and toes crossed for good results from your ultrasound. hope you're hanging in there in the meantime.

ange - wow on that 90min trail run - you are quite the exercise queen!

Doing okay here - I've been in lazyish maintenance mode for a while and I'm ready to make some progress again so I need to kick it up a notch and get back to serious calorie counting and exercise tracking.

Hope you all are doing well...

AnnieDrews
10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
This is the 3rd time I've tried to post something and I keep hitting the enter button accidentally.:mad: I'm done trying. Even had a post WITH PERSONALS to everyone and lost it too. Ugh.

Major points....

-Comment from co-worker today: "Aren't you afraid you are going to turn into a rabbit?" :dz:

-I'm sneaking turky pepperoni in on my boys at dinner tonight.:s: Might even sneak in some Splenda brown sugar if I bake the pears I want to...:devil:

-Thanks to Dancer for the compliment.:)

-Kathi-Please let us know about the ultrasound as soon as you can.:hug:

You ladies are doing great! Thanks for being here!!

ange82much
10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Annie Great looking piece of land there. I love big trees too. There's heaps around where i live - including plenty in the garden. How exciting for you to be planning a new place! Will you both live there, or are you going to keep your own house too? And on another subject, i know you talk about your fiance - have you got a wedding date fixed??!

Today is my planned rest-from-exercise day for the week, which i need really, although i'm already getting twitchy at the thought! Maybe i'll just find a pilates class or something this eve.

Hope everyone has a great on-target-wednesday.

angelskeep
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Just poppimg in quick on a break from projects. Have to nuke some food shortly. Crazy busy crafts this week for a show over the weekend. I can't remember if our hotel has wireless or not, but I'll drag the laptop along just in case.
I am on plan for the third day in a row...that isn't very much, but I seem to be struggling with it more often than I would've thought. I think I have the cravings for Chinese buffet under control again thank goodness. And redid my food plans a bit so the menus are more like what I used to eat last Spring which worked so well.

Annie-your pics are gorgeous..so green there! When is the wedding?

Everyone else-keep up the good work and hope all the med stuff gets squared away.

Barb

AnnieDrews
10-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Ange and Barb-Kind of a long story with fiance. Here's the short version: We have been engaged for two years. No wedding date set. Hopefully within the year. I do plan to stay at my new house, that has been the plan all along. Fiance lives about 45 miles away. My boys (well, really just my younger one since older one is in college now) goes to school here in the town I live in and his Dad and grandparents live within 5 miles. When we got engaged it was with the agreement that I didn't want to uproot my boys from their school (a good one) or take them far away from their Dad and his parents. Fiance is very understanding and even when we marry it will be the same situation. Not conventional but it works for us. We've been together almost 7 years with this arrangement and it has worked out great. So I will have the fun (?) of helping plan the new place, but keep my little house at the same time. I consider myself lucky to have found the man of my dreams and am willing to do what I need to do for my sons at this time.

P.S. Today would have been my 25th wedding anniversary had I remained married to my sons' father. I am so thankful that I am not....not sure I would have been sane by now....honestly.

Flamanette
10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Well...nuts are banished forever from my cupboard (or at least for the next few months!). I simply can't have "just a few"....nuff said. Today there will be lots and lots of water drinking...

But, these things happen and as long as I can pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again...that's what's important. So here comes another day with another chance. The nuts are gone, the water bottle is filled, and I have my day's worth food sitting right in front of me on my desk: several pieces of fruit, a protein bar, a single pkt of oatmeal, and some yogurt and V-8 in the fridge. I can do this!

Have a great OP day all!

AnnieDrews
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Flamanette-Yes, you can do it!!:carrot: Good job on planning and bringing food with you. Nuts are packed with good things, but packed with calories, too...unfortunately. I used to get pepitas at Wal Mart and just gorge on them (before my real lifestyle changes) not realizing how many calories were going in. Now I have nuts every once in a while and try to watch serving sizes. Good luck today!!

AnnieDrews
10-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Sure is quiet all over the board! Weird. I am all befuddled. Had a weird experience last night...LONG STORY....and my adrenalin really drained me of energy AND I didn't get enough sleep. Missed exercising this morning. I did see a 0.5 loss on the scale this morning but I am going to weigh again in the morning....really wanting to see the 140s badly.

I may try to get some exercise in this evening. If it isn't raining when I get home I am going to run the mower over the yard and try to get some leaves picked up.

I have the afternoon off tomorrow (no docs in the office in the afternoon) and plan to go out to fiance's early. We are going to get our shopping done for the weekend and not have to go out on Saturday. BIG football game for us...Go Sooners!!!

lambchop
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
sooooooo...some med. things going on...and hoping when we get some of this straightened out it will help with weight loss -

Ok, know the expression "running on empty" -- I'm quite literally "running on empty" - my metabolism isn't just slow, it's parked....

my adrenal glands are exhausted, my cortisol is off, my thyroid is way off (my body needs t4 and t3, my current meds address the t4, but without the t3, it can't process the t4, so new type of med - been on the old one for 20 years...makes me wonder how LONG ago it should have been switched) -- my body can't absorb b12, so starting b12 shots again, and my vitamin d was so low that i'm not allowed to just take an over the counter, i'm on RX of vitamin D too...and she wants me to take DHEA (supplement) to help my adrenal until my thyroid/adrenal numbers improve

She thinks with it all ready being slow, messed up- and then i was putting demands on my body (the long distance running) that it just shouldn't have handled - but did anyway - it was too much for my adrenals - and thinks that my adrenals played a part in my Florida shakes, etc..and making my body super sensitive...

I'll be walking for a few weeks in place of running until my numbers get a little more straightened out (my half is out, and I just cancelled my reservation so i can't "just do it anyway") -- and my BP meds may need to be bumped up more - but we're giving in the rest of the month to see how it does with the other meds in me - she'd like to see better results - my numbers keep slowly creeping up

lambchop
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
hope you're okay - sorry you had a weird experience that freaked you out Annie

dancerindenver
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM
annie - that doesn't sound good at all - hope you can get some extra sleep tonight to catch up.

lambchop - that's so tough when your endocrine system is off. My aunt struggles with getting the right balance between adrenals and thyroid (t3s/t4s) so I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm glad you know what's going on now and can take steps to address it. I bet you'll feel a big difference in your energy level and general well-being once it's sorted.

I pushed it yesterday on my run and did intervals for the first time in ages so I may take it easy with a long walk today. What's everyone else up to?

lambchop
10-21-2010, 03:20 PM
love intervals - nice job getting out there

AnnieDrews
10-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi all! Much better sleep last night AND I got my front yard raked/mowed....just in time for the rain to drop almost as many leaves back down overnight.:mad: I just HAD to buy a house with 3 beautiful maple trees in the front yard.;) Well, it was good exercise for me since I missed yesterday morning. Finally got my outdoor Halloween decorations put up, too.

Deb-I do hope you can get your chemistry in line. It must feel funny to be off-balance. Take it easy, but glad to hear you are walking.

Denver-Good job with the running!!

I get to leave work at noon today. It's Fall Break here and all of the docs are out this afternoon. My sons are with their Dad even though it is my regular weekend. It is his turn to have them for Fall Break. Sure do miss them when this happens. So I will be out at fiance's again and I am really looking forward to seeing him. I feel so lucky to have met such a wonderful man. We will cook and eat (healthy as much as possible!) and work on the plan for the house out there. He has to work on the well house, too. And FOOTBALL!!! Go Sooners!! I will try to check in over the weekend.

Have a lovely day, all!!

JackSpratsWife
10-22-2010, 11:39 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that I'm having major computer problems right now. I've started typing responses to you all a few times, but my programs keep crashing. I'm on my hubby's computer right now, but I'm having trouble reading his screen. It's really small and I swear it's out of focus. (Plus, I'm getting to the age where I probably need reading galsses.) I think I might be getting a new computer soon. My hubby says there's a surprise for me coming in the mail that will solve my computer problems. Yay!

Anyway, real quickly, Annie, the land looks beautiful!

Deb, are these problems that you're having part of a contition that you have? I'm not trying to be nosy. I'm just trying to get to know everyone.

I've been really hungry the past 2 days and I did go off plan. I kept eating low point things hoping to stay on track, but it doesn't take too much to go over my daily allowance. Oh, well. Today is a new day. I did take a nice long, brisk walk with my oldest dd last night.

Today I'm taking the girls to the pumpkin patch. Should be fun!

ange82much
10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
love intervals

Pardon???

Can't think of anything worse myself!

However i had a lovely 16km trail run this morning at a nice slow steady pace - that's far more my style.

It was a bit further than i've been used to going recently and finished with 3km downhill which made me feel much better than i am (it was an out-and-back so it started with a 3km uphill run which was a bit of a slog, but i forgot about that bit once it was done)! So i'm feeling pleased with myself now.

We're starting renovating the kitchen, laundry, bathroom, loo, ensuite, walk-in-wardrobe. Just internal stuff, but taking walls out etc so the next job of the day is to go to the kitchen shop, finalise plans and choose all the finishes.

Oh, and i almost forgot, i saw 124 on the scale for the 4th time yesterday, so that's an official loss - yippee!!! :) Actually i saw 123 on the scale yesterday but that wasn't really real - a bit of dehydration i'd say.

lambchop
10-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes, these are problems i've had - thyroid (20+ years), etc..and i guess with the added stress of running long distance, it made things more exaggerated in my body

--
ange, really? i adore intervals...because for me, i can go farther, and it's less fatigue on your muscles -- guess i've trained doing so many intervals it's what i'm used to at this point! that's how i run half marathons...intervals - takes me longer distances than straight through - tons of my friends use galloway's intervals too when doing halfs or fulls - we all have different ratios, but many have switched to this method

sprat, have fun at the pumpkin patch! i was thinking corn maze this weekend with my son

annie, enjoy the weekend with your honey - and hope your team wins

AnnieDrews
10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone! I didn't get on here over the weekend so will catch up now. Not really much to tell....spent the weekend at fiance's, our team lost (BOO!), but we had a great time together. I got the day off from cooking Saturday. Our neighbor wanted to make his chili for us. I politely ate it but was not fond of it at all...nor was my stomach. Not much bothers my stomach, but it may have been the beer I had that caused it to bother me. My honey asked me to make him some chicken enchiladas and I did that yesterday. They turned out okay, they are so rich. I only ate one myself. Came home last night and made a batch of peanut butter cookies for my sons to have when they get home today. (Posted this on my Facebook status and my older son instantly hit "Like".:D:D) I will have to be careful not to eat too many of them, if any at all.....I did have to taste test them last night.;)

Did no formal exercise this weekend, but was back in the swing this morning with my 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. It is one I just got a couple of weeks ago and I am really enjoying it.

JSWife-Hope you got a new computer and are surfing in style!

Ange-I do not envy the work you are doing at your home, but I do envy the results. Sounds like you are getting things done though. How long do you think it will be? Congrats on the new number on the scale.

Deb-How was the pumpkin patch? Sounds great.

YOO HOOOOOOO???? How are the rest of ya'll doing??? Please check in!!:)

dancerindenver
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
morning, ladies!

Yesterday I was dealing with unfun car issues - dead battery, jumping the car, replacing the battery, etc but Saturday was fun. In the morning my parents and my sister came over for a 3 mile walk in the park and hot drinks at the neighborhood place after. That was my belated b-day celebration with the family this year and I think it may become a tradition - much better than a dinner that involves cake. I thought you girls would appreciate it - funny how this healthy lifestyle stuff affects all kinds of things, even how you celebrate. I had a bunch of girlfriends over for cocktails on Saturday to celebrate one of our buddies returning from a yearlong stint in London and I overindulged on cheese a bit but otherwise not bad.

annie - you are a braver woman than I to have pb cookies around calling your name ;)

lambchop - it took me a few days to recover from that one interval run - wowza! You continue to be my exercise hero, even if you're on a walking break right now. How are things going with rebalancing your system? Any changes so far?

ange - congrats on 124 - that sounds super skinny! Good for you.

Planning on a run in the rain today - anyone want to be my virtual running buddy and join me for a few miles wherever you happen to be?

MaddieD
10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Happy Monday All!

Finally over the fundraising hump and have time to post again. We managed to outdo last year's PTAG executive and raise an additional $6 000 for a total of $17 000 and some change. Next one is in December but on a much smaller scale.

On a sad note, a neighbour of ours was killed last week. They have 2 girls who go to our school and one is the same age as my oldest. The thing I just can't shake is...the husband was working on their new well and had his accident JUST as she was dropping her daughters off at Brownies/guides. Could you imagine saying "bye" to your husband and then after dropping your kids off a 5 minute drive away...come home to find out your husband is dead? My heart breaks for them.

Anyway...diet took a couple of hard hits but I am back on track yet again. I managed to keep up with the exercise but eating...not so much.

I'll be back later tonight.

KittehMomma
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi, all. I hope you are all doing well--I haven't read back to see what was going on while I was on vacation.

Ate too much, not enough exercise, weight is up :^: Fortunately, I had a good time.

First thing to rectify is the lack of exercise. How, oh, how do you find enough time and energy each day to exercise regularly? :(

I hope to catch up with where people are. Until then, good thoughts to those who needs them and congratulations to those who earned them.

AnnieDrews
10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey Kitteh! Even if you didn't eat well, I hope you got the rest you most certainly deserved. You'll get back in the swing.

I can only speak for myself on exercising daily (at least during the week): I had never exercised on a regular basis in my entire life. Once I decided to do it I worked on finding something that I liked and was do-able for me. I knew I wouldn't stick with it if I didn't enjoy it or even if I had to leave my house. I tried an elliptical and hated it. Just couldn't get the hang of it or get used to it. I physically could not do it any longer than about 8 minutes at best. I tried a belly dancing class. It was okay, but I had to leave my house and I could only find a class convenient for me once a week. I never considered joining a gym because I knew I wouldn't go. So I finally found the DVDs I am using now and have been doing them at least 5 times a week since some time in February.

So my advice is....find something you enjoy, that you can physically do and that will be convenient for you to do. Then just bite the bullet and get up early (or work out when you get home....whenever is best for you....I find it easiest to get it done first thing in the morning) and do it. Before too long it will become and habit and you will find yourself actually (gulp :dizzy:) looking forward to it and enjoying how it makes you feel.

Good luck!

angelskeep
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Checking in. Only just. Having a heck of a battle with myself over off plan foods. UGH! No excuses. Did really well most of the time, but it doesn't take a lot for me to stay the same weight.

We went for a 4 mile hike yesterday, 800 foot elevation gain over the two miles UP.

Eating properly again and making my menu for the week. Discouraged, but not surprised. Next week, I will do better. It's supposed to be cold and rainy this week, so I will bundle up and walk, or do the WATP in the house.

Barb

AnnieDrews
10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey Barb!
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/cwalker727/funny%20cartoon%20whatever/hangintheremoon.gif

ange82much
10-26-2010, 06:30 AM
Ange-I do not envy the work you are doing at your home, but I do envy the results. Sounds like you are getting things done though. How long do you think it will be? Congrats on the new number on the scale.

Erm, supposedly we're starting to rip the place to pieces in a couple of weeks, however we're now in slow negotiations as to final pricing with builder!!

We still need all the stuff we've bought even if we don't end up going with him, but hope it works out because it's too much like hard work finding another!

I second dancerindenver with the question - how can you possibly bear to have all those cookies smelling of cookies around and not eat them?!?

Well, my lost lb from last week seems to have reappeared the last two days :mad:

I've been really good too, and i'm sure that i haven't put on any size, therefore i really do believe that its muscle as i'm getting heaps of good exercise sessions in and really enjoying it.

Shame it doesn't show up on the scale though. I know it's not important etc but it's still kind of annoying :(

AnnieDrews
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi Ange! I'm just interested in your remodeling because we will be building out at fiance's place probably starting in spring. We were trying to lay out where we wanted the house and barn to go this weekend, and even those decisions are tough! Hope you can work things out with the current builder.

Yep, the cookies are a temptation but the boys are enjoying them. I may have them cart them over to their Dad's when they go back tomorrow. I did have one of them and they are so delicious, but I was pretty full from supper and wasn't tempted to eat anymore.

Tomorrow is our annual chili cook-off at work and I do plan to indulge in that. I will make up for it in the evening by eating something very light and on-plan.

Here are some pics I took of my Halloween decorations. I can't remember who (sorry), but we had talked about posting pics of our decor. The second pic has the neighbors kitten in it....Halloween black cat.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween011.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween011.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween009.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween009.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween008.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween008.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween006.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween006.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween004.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween004.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween003.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween003.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween002.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween002.jpg)
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/th_Halloween001.jpg (http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/?action=view&current=Halloween001.jpg)

MaddieD
10-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Annie...LOVE the pic of the kitten and pumpkin! I have a black cat and life imitates art this time of year...for whatever reason my guy loves sitting behind our huge pumpkin...so from away it looks like he is in the pumpkin. Always makes the passersby stop and stare. lol

Today is hubby's birthday and I had a crazy errand day so eating was on the run and of course there was birthday cake. I did make an angelfood cake so at least it was a better choice...but frosting is frosting...no way to make that healthy and still taste delicious!

I have a medical appointment tomorrow so should be interesting to see where I am regarding my numbers.

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

weightlosswanted
10-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Just a quick drive-by post. Ultrasound showed nothing to be concerned about so nobody knows why my rib hurts like I got hit with a baseball bat when it's poked and prodded. It doesn't hurt if it's not touched so I'm done worrying about it. Now I need to get back on the diet and exercise.

AnnieDrews
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Kathi-Did they do a bone scan to be sure nothing is going on with the bone itself?? You might want to ask about it to be sure everything is covered.:hug:

ange82much
10-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Today is hubby's birthday

Today is my hubby's birthday today too!

This morning the doctor told me that my cholesterol is a bit on the high side, but tonight hubby and i are off to a french restauraunt for a bit of birthday celebration!!

Cholesterol reduction starts tomorrow.....

weightlosswanted
10-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Annie: that would be the oncologist's department and I go for a followup in a couple of weeks. love the halloween decorations!

Ange: my cholesterol came back high again, mainly because I stopped taking the meds over 6 months ago. my mom is having a fit because I'm trying to reduce it with diet and exercise instead of medication. just got tired of popping a dozen pills a day and stopped taking most of it. will see what it looks like in 6 months : )

Barb: sounds like quite the walk!

Maddie: so sorry to hear about your neighbor, that's awful : (

Today's my 46th birthday, and I'm going to work. Not enough vacation time available for a day off. Happy hump day everyone!

AnnieDrews
10-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Happy Birthday, Kathi!! I hope the remainder of your day is excellent!!

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/thmarty/Happy%20Birthday/thblackcat_birthday.jpg

Doesn't anybody freakin' cook anymore?? :mad: I'm so weird and I know this is petty. We are having our annual chili cook-off at work today. The notice states that if you want to eat, you need to bring something to contribute to the meal...be it a side or a pot of chili, whatever. I made my famous Pumpkin Dip (homemade) to be served w/ ginger snaps and Nilla wafers and some Garlic Cheese Biscuits (from a mix, but I added more cheese and baked them fresh last night). You would not believe how many boxes of store bought cookies, 2-liter bottles of pop and bags of chips are up there. Used to be when people had potlucks, they kind of prided themselves in making their best recipes. I know alot of people with young children don't have much time to make homemade things, but some things aren't too much trouble to make. I've just noticed this in the past few years and it bothers me.

Okay, rant over. I think I have a tooth with a cracked root or something bad going on. I made an appt. for Friday after work but I don't think I can wait that long. I am going in after my last patient today and hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Keep your fingers crossed for me, friends.

Did get up and exercise this morning and wow! I was really winded. Not sure if I just haven't been getting enough sleep this week or if the tooth thing is slowing me down....I've also had cramps as if I am trying to get TOM so I'm not sure.

I do plan on eating chili for lunch today. I will have something healthy and light for dinner to make up for that.

Have a great day everyone!!

AnnieDrews
10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Okay, now I feel really bad....some more homemade goodies have shown up in the break room.:o

MaddieD
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Kathi...I guess that is good news,still a bit wierd that they don't know what it is

Ange-Happy B-day to your Hubby! Mine is 42...how about yours? lol

Annie- I think people bring things to potlucks that are cheap rather than time consuming. It's way cheaper to bring $5 worth of store-bought cookies than spend $15-20 making your fav entree dish. Me...I'd much rather spend the money to make the dish, that way I look really good! ;) lol

lambchop
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Howdy - We ended up going to a movie (Red) instead of the corn maze...i was having dizzy spells - sugars/bp were wonky...meds seem to be evening out and i feel like myself again, but my sugars seem to be super sensitive with the new medications

Annie, good luck wiht the PB cookies, they are my favorite! Fun pictures! yikes on the tooth - and on teh cooking, i'm not a good baker...ask my son, haaaa, but i cook good entrees

Dancer, ick, sorry you're having car issues, that's never any fun - and what a nice way to celebrate with your family :) hope to be walking soon, have had to wait with dizzy spells, etc. i've been sitting WAY too much..booo!

Maddie, congrats on doing so well with fund raising - wow, so sad about your neighbor

Kitteh, glad you had a good vacation

Barb, great job on the hike, and don't beat yourself up too bad, just pick yourself up and keep going

Agne, great to hear you're getting a lot of exercise in, probably is great for energy

Kathi- happy birthday hon, glad to hear the ultrasound didn't find anything, but that's frustrating not knowing the cause

AnnieDrews
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey gang! Well, I did have to have my tooth pulled yesterday afternoon. :( It has been worked on several times over the years and it was iffy if trying to save it again would work (and would cost at least a couple thousand dollars that I do not have), so it is gone. It feels better to have it out. I am on antibiotics (hello yeast infection) and pain meds that I really don't need, at least not today. I treated myself to a pint of chocolate ice cream (only ate about a cupful) and some tomato soup last night. I had wanted just some plain old Campbell's but they were out. So I tried the Progresso Tomato Basil and it was so delicious. Just a step above the Campbells in flavor. It was 150 cal./1 cup but it is very high in sodium. It tasted good to me. I did get up and exercise this morning, even though I did not sleep well. That pain medicine makes me drowsy, but I just kind of laid there in a half awake/half sleep state for way too long. I thought I kept hearing things in my house, too.

Here is one more pic of a decoration in my home. I took it last night.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Halloween012.jpg

And look what I found this morning when I came out of the bathroom from getting ready for work...
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Toots2.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Toots.jpg

I have six pillows on my bed and she likes to get right on top of them. This morning it was chilly, so she tucked down inside of them. I couldn't scold her, she just looked too cute.:)

MaddieD
10-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Annie...sorry about your ordeal at the dentist but like you said....too much money to save the tooth. Try taking some probiotics (acidolphollus)...eating 2 or 3 servings of yogurt DAILY...and drinking cinnamon tea. It'll kill some extra yeast and help prevent a yeast infection. OH...and eats lots of garlic too! ;)

I'm the yeast-killer queen! lol

AnnieDrews
10-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the tips, Maddie! I'm tripling the dose of my daily acidophillus that I already take. I'm not a big yogurt eater, but I may get some just for now. I eat cinnamon in my oatmeal daily....does that count?

MaddieD
10-28-2010, 12:20 PM
as long as it is about 1/2 a teaspoon or more...just a sprinkle isn't enough

also...if you like oregano use that liberally when you cook. Not on oatmeal...eeewww...LOL

AnnieDrews
10-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks again, Maddie!

dancerindenver
10-28-2010, 06:03 PM
ooh - that's good to know about cinnamon - I've just started putting tons of it in my oatmeal as I remember hearing that it was anti-inflammatory but didn't know that it helped with yeast too.

Annie - good luck with your tooth recovery - glad you got that dealt with, toothaches are no fun. I cracked a tooth years ago from nightime grinding - is that something you do too or was it something else that cracked the tooth? love the pix of your doggie - how cute!

lambchop - best of luck getting your meds sorted out - that must be tough. Sounds like movie was a good alternative.

boring day here reviewing budgets - planning on heading out for a run in a bit. Hope you all are doing well...

angelskeep
10-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Starting with Maddie-so sorry about your neighbor, I can't even imagine...

Kitteh-welcome back from vaca. Hope it was a great time! I like the WATP dvd to exercise when I don't have a lot of time, and riding the mtn. bike when the wind isn't blowing and walking anytime as long as it isn't actively raining or snowing, and even maybe if it's snowing just a little, which could happen anytime now here. I would never be able to make myself get up and go to the gym, so I had to look for other ways to exercise.

Annie-thanks for the encouragement. I am back on track. Thanks for posting the Halloween pics...I love looking at everyone else's decorations, LOL! I do have a warty pumpkin on the table and that's it. I still cook! I do I do! I ground up 2 pork loins today and kept some as ground pork, 2 lbs I made into italian sausage and 2 lbs I made into regular sausage. We'll be having italian sausage patties for dinner tonight. Hope your tooth is doing better.

Kathi-:bday2you: a day late.

Deb-I hope you get over the dizzies. How was the movie?

Dancer-where in Denver are you? Our kids live in Louisville & Lafayette and we are headed that direction for Christmas.

So, I got over the ice cream thingy...good grief, that is the first ice cream I've had since sometime before Feb. 20 except for skinny cow sammiches. It was good, but def. not worth it right now. Oh well, I had that long hike on Sunday, then I did a mile each Mon. & Tues. with the WATP video, and this afternoon it was a balmy 48 degrees outside and sunny and smelling of fall, so I did an hour and 1/2 walk from my house down the hill to the river and along the trail. No porcupines today, just some silly ducks with their rump in the air and their fasces underwater trying to catch fishies or somethin'. And UP the hills on the way back home. I didn't even have to stop on either hill. And my jeans are getting looser. Not clown loose yet, but no mo' muffin top when I first get 'em out of the wash neither. Maybe when I weigh in on Sunday I will be down a pound or two...I hope!

Time to get back to work. Lots of fabric birdies and santa faces to sew shut and do hand work on.

Barb

AnnieDrews
10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Barb, you said, " Not clown loose yet,..." Sister I want to see a pic of that if it happens! LOL

AnnieDrews
10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
I had seen v-neck, long sleeved t-shirts at the dollar store the other day and went back to get a couple today. I held up what I thought was a medium (size 10ish) and it looked like it might work. When I got home I tried them on and I had accidentally picked up the black one in small (6)!! It actually fit (keep in mind it was a cotton, stretchy shirt) and was a bit form fitting but not hideous looking. I was stunned. I tried on the white one I DID get in medium and it was a little bigger. We'll see if I can still wear them after I wash them...:p

I've spent so many years getting things that are purposely baggy to be comfortable and to hide my fat. It is seriously difficult to get things that are form fitting. I feel like they are too tight because I have worn the loose, plus sized ones for so long. Weird.

angelskeep
10-28-2010, 10:34 PM
If that happens, I promise EVERYONE will get to see! My pants that I wore before I started got huge. So I safety pinned them for what seemed like forever. And I had a pair of jeans that were pretty big to start with, that I think I wore for 2 weeks on my way up after I quit smoking. No clue what size, but one day we were out geocaching and I couldn't keep 'em up. I'm now in the UGH size 18 jeans that I purchased the beginning of the summer. Ihave a closet full of smaller jeans, some that I've never even worn. I am prolly the only fat chick on the planet who already has her "after" clothes.

Crossing my fingers for clown pants!

B

lambchop
10-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Annie, she is adorable!! My Jack likes to snuggle under the covers by my feet in the morning - sorry to hear about your tooth, but hopefully it brings relief - nice score on the shirts

Cinnamon - my internist has me taking it for my diabetes...has helped bring my numbers down some..neat, huh?

Dancer- hope you got your run in, and were able to stay awake through the budgets

Barb, the movie was good - I love Bruce Willis too, so that was an added bonus - funny about the ducks and yeah that you're getting tons of movement in!

---
Had an entire day yesterday with no dizzies, no weird BP reactions, no bloodsugar reactions...YEAH! Going to try and do some walking today - nothing crazy, just a 10-20 min stroll and see if i'm good to go....what's hard for me is knowing the more i sit, the more i'm losing my running endurance. I'm okay with having to rebuild it back up, it's just sad to realize how quickly it will fall off (endurance)

MaddieD
10-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Barb...clown loose! LOL I know that I have gotten to that point with the really loose clothes and then sabotage myself and voila...back to fitting or being snug.

Dancer...do you guys have snow yet? And do you still run when it is cold?

Deb...glad to hear that you are feeling better! My blood pressure was up yesterday and while I know I have "whitecoat hypertension" my doctor wants me to prove it to him. And you know that I am always up for a "challenge"...lol

Annie...I so agree with you about intentionally buying looser clothes to hide in. Last week I finally told myself to get some things that actually fit. Just wearing clothes that fit make me look like I've lost weight.

angelskeep
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Deb-sounds like maybe your meds and such are getting squared away. Good luck on your walk today. 10-20 minutes is AWESOME. I remember when it took me longer than that to get around the block, and it was a workout! Just imagine when you can do that evey day and know that hte more you are able, the better you will feel.

Maddie-NO sabotage gonna happen here!

So, last night I bought an iPod thingy which was my Onederland reward and I just never went and got one sooner. Spent hours trying to figure out how to get it working and never did. Ended up taking it back for a refund :-( Got home and saw two more places I didn't try the cable in. I will have a go at it another time I suppose. Wasted most of my day on that. I did make cookie dough for guests coming in tonight. Only a 1/2 batch and they are here for 3 days, so I will bake just the right amount for them each day, then on Monday I'll bake anything left over so Robert can take the cookies to work and out of my house! I am on plan now 6 straight days and intend to stay that way. The weather is still nice, so the guests will get a note ont he door and when Robert gets home from work we'll go walking above the lake for a bit. I sure hope the scales is kind to me this week.

B

AnnieDrews
10-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Trying to be good (foodwise anyway;) ) on this Halloween/football Saturday. Fiance is coming over later to watch the game and trick-or-treaters will be here to take my candy. Trying to stay out of the candy bowl and wait for chili tonight. I'm making garlic cheese biscuits to go with it and will try to control myself on those. Going to have a veggie tray, too. Baked (more) peanut butter cookies and still have pumpkin dip left from our work dinner earlier in the week. I am allowing myself some goodies but am trying not to over-indulge. Had a veggie/turkey wrap (with a few Bugles-:( ) to tide me over until this evening.

Been cleaning house and cooking all day while watching food shows, scary shows and old horror movies. Love this time of year!:haphal:

P.S. I think I have another tooth going bad. Long story on my teeth....geesh I hope it isn't. I literally have been praying that it is just my imagination.

angelskeep
10-31-2010, 01:26 PM
Annie-I've mostly stopped watching the food shows because they always get me in trouble. Except yesterday I watched Paula Deen who had a recipe for cocoa tomato sauce chicken and I worked out hte calories and it fits into my plan, so that's what we'll be having Tues. & Wed. We watched a bunch of the old Frankenstein movies Fri night, fun fun, haven't seen 'em in ages.

Good news around here. I am down 3 lbs for my weigh in thi morning. Yeehaaa! As long as I stay on plan and walk a LOT, it seems to go away. I worry about trying to maintain though when the time comes, but that will be a while. And my next size down jeans almost fits. I can button them, but they are too tight to wear. Maybe next week or the weerk after.

We are watching football and then will go fo another long walk/hike after. Carrot soup for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween and no candy splurges...we are almoist past it.

Barb

AnnieDrews
10-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Barb-Congrats on the 3 pounds! That is awesome!!:carrot: