WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for Beautiful October....

jar1965
10-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Greetings and Happy October!!!

This group is fantastic!!!
We all either weigh on Thursdays or used to weigh on Thursdays. We discuss diet issues and everything else in the world.

If you just found us, please stop in and stay awhile.

:dust:

jar1965
10-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!! Happy October!!! TGIF!!!

Wooohooooo I feel good today! haha!

Went to my WW meeting last night and it was exceptionally good! We stayed over after the meeting for an inspirational/motivational meeting given by 5 beautiful LOSERS!!!!

Heres a couple SO EASY recipes .......

1 box of angel food cake mix (1 step) mixed with 1 can of lemon filling. (no other ingredients)! Mix, pour into cake pan and bake as directed on the box. Cut into 12 for a 2 POINT dessert!

1 box of white, yellow or spice cake mix, mix with a can of pumpkin. (15.5 oz)
Mix, pour into cake pan and bake as directed on the box. Cut into 16 for a 2 POINT dessert.

Just thought I'd share! Enjoy!
Have a great Friday! After 4:00 today I am on a 3 day weekend! wooohooo!

Tina
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi all,

Jeanne, thanks so much for starting us off this month. Wow, Halloween will be here in no time!!!
Thank you for the recipes. I've tried the one with spice cake but not the other. I'm going to the store and get all the ingredients. The family will have a surprise this weekend.

Everyone have a great OP weekiend.

:witch:

maureen kempster
10-02-2010, 03:02 PM
good afternoon everyone

Jeanne I'm trying the second recipe right now-I'll let you know how mine turns out-when you say lemon filling-can you buy it by the can? I checked the super markets around here and I couldn't find any.

still on program and actually managed to get on my treadmill the last 3 nights!! There is hope after all

It's very fall like around here. The leaves are changing so it's time for me to take a drive up to the Gatineau Hills and take some pictures. It's beautiful this time of year.

I've lost my tracker for some reason-it's not showing up!

I hope we all have a good day on program I'm off to move around some furniture-I've got to have some kind of excitment in my life LOL

later

Maureen

jar1965
10-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Maureen! yes, it is with the cans of cherry pie filling & stuff!:D

jar1965
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
PS - They said at our meeting you can make it with the cherry pie filling too!

maureen kempster
10-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm going to try it them with the cherry-I have some of that-I'm sitting here with a piece of the other (pumpkin & yellow cake mix) it's really good

thanks Jeanne

jar1965
10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Oh My Word......I just made the yellow cake & pumpkin one too!!!! I did add whipped cream cheese icing. ohhhhhh soooooo goood!!!!! 2tbl. is 2 POINTS and I used a 1/2 tbl. on mine. And maybe 1 tbl. on the ones I made for bob and the kids!!!!!! Oh and I made mine in cupcake papers. Perfect!!!!!! Enjoy yours Maureen!!!!

maureen kempster
10-02-2010, 06:53 PM
i'll do the cupcakes next time I find them easier to portion

jar1965
10-02-2010, 08:02 PM
I agree Maureen! And........the cream cheese icing on them reminded me of pumpkin roll!! mmmm!

auntie
10-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh those sound yummy!!! Pat wouldn't eat either so I would have to take them to school. I went and got a massage today because my back is still all knotted up from my little tumble 2 weeks ago. I'm such a klutz. Went bowling last night! It was so much fun! My team is great!

I need to start exercising again! It's so easy to get out of the routine!

Jeanne, you are doing awesome!!!

Maureen, good job using the treadmill!

Off to relax som

Tina
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Ooohhh.....that icing sounds heavenly. I'll have to buy some.
Hey, I believe the new WW rules come out in November. I can't wait to see what all is new! :)

I love this beautiful weather. It sure will help with our a/c bill next time. :lol:

:witch:

auntie
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I love this weather too. To bad it won't stick around long!

Ladybug2680
10-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Hello ladies. I'm hoping everyone is doing well. I've been sick since Sunday and missed work yesterday. I'm at work today, but still not feeling that well. Since Sunday I've dropped around 6 lbs I think. Not exactly the way I want to lose weight. *sigh* I'm hoping by tomorrow I feel 100%. We'll see.

The weather here is quite nice, but like Susan it probably won't last that long. Well I must be running I have to get ready for class.

jar1965
10-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow, what a trying week I've had! Bob was stressed with his job which of course it spilled over at home. I saw my dear friends signficant other with another women! Ahhhh, he right away, after pussy footing around with her and then seeing me, came over to me and tried to reassure me that she was a "client"..... yea, ok.......
I have had a terrible headache & an occassional bloody nose. Then TOM! Urghhhhh! I'm not going to WW today or this week, unless I get there sunday morning.
Today is Bobs birthday. We are going out to eat with his parents tonight. I bought him a cake for afterward. A little bitty one.....6" so there would be NO leftovers! The girls have to work.
Jessica is trading her car in today. She is sooooooo excited she can't even sleep! hahah! She has a Mazda 3, and is trading it in on a Kia Sorrento.

Dori - So nice to see you! Hope you are feeling better!;)

Everyone have a great great day!

auntie
10-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Jeanne, it sounds like you have a sinus infection! I am the queen of them. I don't even run fever most of the time. That's horrible about about your friend's S. Other! What a jerk!!!

Exciting for Jess! & Happy Birthday to Mr. Bob!

jar1965
10-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone! What a trying week! **sigh** This is probably the worst mentally/phyiscally TOM I have had in a longggggggg time! But.....it's coming to an end, thank goodness!

Jess didn't get her car!:( Her & Bob went to pick it up and the payment was $68 more a month than they told her. There is no way that she can handle that living on her own too! She had already alotted herself a little more than she should have! Poor jess! She felt horrible. But she has a nice little car that is only 3 years old! She'll be fine! ;)
Bob had a nice birthday. I ordered him a LITTLE 6" cake and my boss made him a bigger one! Urgh! So needless to say........we all ATE TOO MUCH CAKE!!!!
Kaitlin is sick and going to the doctors this morning! She is soooo tired too. She is working at Sheetz 6a.m. - 2 p.m. and then in the dietary dept. at the hospital from 4:30 - 7:30!!!!

I'm headed out to work and after the terrible sugar high that I have been on for dayyyyyyysssssssss, I'm turning it off!!!!! NO CANDY, NO DONUTS, NO COFFEE at work. This is a new day, new start!!!! In one day this past week I ate 5 donuts. No other food.......but 5 donuts! Then everyday that I worked this week, I ate chocolate. Then that dang cake!!!!!!! Urgh!:rollpin::rollpin::rollpin::rollpin::club:
I can't believe that I am telling you guys this, but.....I'm afraid if I don't "say" it "outloud", I might not get past it So, as always, thanks for being there and listening to me!!! I'm not going near the scale till next weds.

Have a good day everyone!

Tina
10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Happy Friday :carrot:

Jeanne, it sounds like you had one crazy week. I'm sorry about Jess missing out on that car. No one can trust car places.
Let us know how Kaitlin is. Stuff is going around here, too.

I've got a sore throat, as does everyone else I talk to.
I just finished sitting on the sofa watching "Terms of Endearment." Wow, that thing was made in 1983. (It was on the WE channel.) It always makes me cry. Now my nose is really stopped up. :lol:

Mimi, how is the weight loss going? How is Dan?

Maureen, are you using your treadmill? Are you still working on your place?

Susan, have a good weekend.
Dori, I hope you are over your "yuck."
Clint, wollygirl, toughchick, everyone else-----have a super weekend.

I went out and bought a HUGE container of deep red mums. When I get them planted in the pot, I'll take photos of the front of our place and send them to y'all.

:haphal:

Ladybug2680
10-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Jeanne - Sorry that you're having such a rough TOM. I understand completely about eating too much sugary stuff. Having not been able to eat anything of substance for almost 5 days I have cut lose both yesterday and today. I'm determined to not let it get the best of me. So tomorrow is a new day and I'll do better. Hang in there and don't give up.

We're headed to Thomasville for the weekend to visit Justin's family. I'm always a little nervous about going because his mom can be a little argh at moments and I'm finding it harder to bit my tongue. We'll see what happens. On Sunday we're supposed to go to my BIL's girlfriend's birthday party.

Well I suppose I should run for now. We're fixing to hit the road.

maureen kempster
10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone

Jeanne-hang in there & don't beat yourself up-you're doing fantastic so just keep on going.
Tina, I got back on the treadmill about 2 weeks agao(almost) and I make myself do at least 15 minutes a night. I change the program every night too.
I haven't done much on my place lately. I want to re do my kitchen eventually-it's just a u-shaped & not an eat-in but I want to pay off my appliances first.

It's our thanksgiving this monday so a long weekend for us-I'm so glad. My next holidays aren't until the Christmas season-I'm off from 22 dec to the 4 of jan. I'm debating on whether I stay home for a change & decorate with the decorations that I haven't even used yet or go out west again. I don't know.
Anyway, let's all have a great weekend and stay on program. We're worth it

maureen

Tina
10-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Happy Saturday all,
Maureen and Mimi---an early Happy Thanksgiving to you two.

It's gorgeous weather again. Today is the Greek Festival in Houston. We go every year. There are tours through the cathedral and dancing by the children. We mainly go for the food! It's sooooo good. I save up my flex points for this day. :)

auntie
10-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi,
Well, I'm right there with you on the eating..... I didn't do too bad this week but then went to happy hour for about 45 minutes yesterday.... then straight to the bowling alley ( I did have beer and french fries). My bowling is improving slightly.

A lady that bowls on the team we were bowling against was sweet and was giving me pointers. She teaches and said she wouldn't charge me if I would just come on Sundays to practice. I can't tomorrow but will next week. Her family was the team against us. She was really good and my score improved.

My ball however, didn't fit right so I have to take it back. I'm a little upset about that! But I'm taking it to the bowling alley where we bowl instead of the other place. My friend gave me her ball and a extra bag that she had. So I got the ball plugged and fitted for my hand but one of the fingers was very sore by the first game.

Pat and I are going to the Texas State Fair tomorrow. It will be fun. We are going early, so we might be there a short time or all day!!! Who knows what I will eat! I do try to be good but it's hard!!! I think cotton candy will be yelling at me!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends!

This year has gone so fast!!! Can you believe that it's almost the end of October! Well, it's the 10th and will be the end before long!

Hugs to you all!!!

jar1965
10-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Good Morning everyone!:coffee2:

I'm up early and thinking I need to be productive. Jessica is in a wedding today and we are all going this afternoon. Sunday is an unusual day for a wedding but they wanted to get married on 10-10-10! I'll have to post pictures since we don't ALL dress up very often! And I did get a new dress for the occasion.......3 sizes smaller than I use to wear~! Yay!:dance:
However, if I don't get back OP pretty soon, I won't be wearing that size very long!!!!

Susan - Was it the beer that helped you bowl better??:joker: Have fun at the fair today!

Tina - How was the Greek Festival????

Dori - how was your visit with Justin's family?

Maureen & Mimi -:happ3:

Tammy - Hi! Hope you are feeling well! I'll catch you over on facebook!

Well, I better get off this computer and get something productive done! Have a great day everyone!

auntie
10-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi,
We are off to the fair in a few minutes. I'm excited!

Jeanne, I'm sure them, beer did help a lot! I even took my own bottles of water too,

Tina, I love festivals!

Maureen and Mimi, did you have a nice Thanksgiving? Have I asked before but do you have food like us turkey, dressing, etc.? Or something different? My cousin posted on FB that my aunt was from Canada. I never knew that? she died a long time ago.

Dori, have fun on your trip!

Tammy, are your bags packed?

maureen kempster
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone-

Susan-the usual for thanksgiving up here is turkey & all the fixings-pumpkin pie etc-because I'm a vegetarian I won't have turkey-but I'm not going to be doing anything special anyway. Just came home from going to my nephew's in Sherbrooke que(with my brother) so I'm heading for a nice bath and will post pictures on face book
hope you all have a great time at the weddings, fairs festivals etc

have a great day

maureen

Tina
10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Maureen and Mimi :thanks1:

maureen kempster
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
thank you Tina

maureen

maureen kempster
10-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't know why I can't get my tracker to work right!!!

Tina
10-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi all,
Maureen I was going to ask you why it was doing that. :dizzy:
How was your Thanksgiving? Did you have tofu turkey? :lol:

Okay, I've got to drink more water every day. I don't like water! :dizzy: Does anyone have a special cup or thermos that they use? Bottled water is too expensive to use all the time.

How is everyone doing? We're still having good weather. I should get outside to walk. I'm spoiled to my gym treadmill. :D

auntie
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi,

Tina, I love water! I don't have a problem drinking it but I get out of the habit! I like it cold but I recently went to a massage therapist who told me it was better to drink room temp water. I'll find out when I go on thursday again. I drink 24 oz on the way to school and then more during the day. I was reading and I don't get enough fiber, so I'm adding benefiber to my water.

Tina
10-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Wow, Susan, you drink a whole lot. Good for you! :bravo:
I need more fiber, also. I just bought some of those Fiber One bars. It says one bar is 35% of your daily fiber. We'll see. I don't want to over do at first.

Tina
10-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Is everyone ready for the weekend! :carrot: Yes, definitely.

Take it easy but drink your water.

jar1965
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone! Have a great OP weekend!!!!:grouphug::goodluck:

jar1965
10-17-2010, 08:15 AM
:coffee2: Good Sunday Morning everyone!!!! I'm off today & tomorrow! Yay!
Pittsburgh Steelers play the Cleveland Brownds today and Big Ben returns! Go Steelers!!! Woot woot!

Jessica got her new car!!! She got a Mazda CX7! She went to a different dealership who gave her more for her car. It's cute! We also bought a new car while there with her! hahah! Can you say SUCKERS?!!! We bought a 2011 Buick LaCross! Ahhhhhhhhh, it is beautiful! We are back into a lower car pym., and warranty. My Toyota was only 3 years old, but such high milage and out of warranty. And since the accident, we have had some issues!

Has anyone here ever gone to the 3FChicks library thread? Well, if not, you should.........
Oh...and I finished the book I was reading...Good Enough to Eat. I really enjoyed it. This will probably sound corny, but there is a couple of chapters that have the "f" word in it...and I HATE that word! But.......it was a good book other than that!
I just downloaded "Angry Fat Girls" onto my nook! So, I'm going to start that today while Bob is sleeping. He's on that darn midnight shift!:(

I made Lowfat Blueberry Muffins for breakfast and the house smells soooooooo yummy!

Have a great day everyone. :hug:

maureen kempster
10-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Jeanne-congratulations on the car-that's fantastic-do you like your electronic book?(I don't even know what you call them) are the downloads free? how does it work? I've seen them but I'm brain dead when it comes to those things-I'm still trying to figure out how to download more music on the mp3 player I bought a year ago-I'm getting a bit tired of the songs that i have on it lol
I'm still plugging away here-still writing everything down etc-
I'm off to get get on the treadmill
have a good rest of the day

later

maureen

Ladybug2680
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Evening everyone. I'm finally back to myself and we had a good visit with Justin's family. I always struggle when we go down because my MIL and FIL undermine as parents and my MIL tends to say things that aren't always the best things to say.

I'm still not back on OP and several things seem to be constant struggles for me. *sigh* I know overall I don't have it that bad, but the constant struggle wears on me after awhile.

Teresa woke up this morning at 2 am sick with her stomach and has been unable to keep anything down the whole day. She acts as though she feels better now. I'm going to head off of here for the time being. We're getting ready to play Lego Rock Band. I'll check in tomorrow with you all. *hugs*

jar1965
10-18-2010, 09:38 AM
:yoga:morning everyone!

I've already been up, made a heatlhy breakfast for Bob & I, straightened up the house, switched the laundry and been out for a fast paced brisk walk! Ahhhhhhh, thats always good to help clear your head!

Hope ya all had a good weekend!

Thanks Maureen.........we are sooooo enjoying our new ride! haha! I love the smell of a new car!! My "nook" compares to a Kindel. And there are thousands upon thousands of FREE downloadable books. HOWEVER, (lol) of course the ones I want to read aren't free!!!!:( But I never pay over 9.99 for one!

Dori - Welcome back! Glad you had a "pretty" good time!!! I hope Teresa is feeling better and the rest of you don't get it!!!

Hi Susan, Tina, Tammy, and Marion!!!!! Hope you gals have a great Monday!

Group hugggggggg.........:grouphug:

penny10
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Great Job everyone!!! This is my first post, but I have been going to WW for a few weeks....I had lost 8lbs total in 4 weeks but have been on an all inclusive vacation for the past 2 weeks...eeek. My weigh in is tomorrow and I was hoping for some motivation as I don't want to quit if I am too disappointed....help!

jar1965
10-21-2010, 04:44 AM
:welcome2:Hi Penny!!!!!!! Good job! Keep us posted!

auntie
10-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi all,
It's been a busy week. I decided today I needed to start swimming again. I only did 20 minutes but that's better than none. I'll be up to an hour before long. I really do love it. I just stopped with surgery and Daddy and life! I need to keep it up. I go for my yearly check up Monday so I guess I can't lies 50 pounds by then. If you know how let me know! :). Bowling tomorrow night! Boy it sounds like I have a life :D

Tina
10-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi all,
Dori, I'm glad you made it through your in-law visit. Fortunately, I've never had a problem. Hope your daughter is okay now.
Do tell me, what is Lego Rock Band?????

Jeanne, congrats on that car....and the one Jess bought. I would LOVE a new Mazda Sport. Right now, we're trying to keep my Neon working. (It's in the shop again today. :(:(:( )

Susan, good luck at your dr. visit. I hope I don't see another dr. in quite a while. (I do go see a dermatologist on Tues. but that doesn't count. :lol: )

Penny10 Welcome!!!

Maureen, Larry has an iPad and loves it. He's a reader and downloads the free books.

I'm weary today. I've been drinking my water but haven't been journaling. I didn't want to get on the scales this week. :o:o:o Next week, I will.

jar1965
10-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Happy Saturday Morning everyone!:coffee:

Susan - good luck at the dr. and YAY:carrot:to swimming! You go girl!

Tina - We LOVE the new car and jessica LOVES her new Mazda! Isn't it funny how driving around in a new car makes you feel! haha! Glad to hear Pat loves his IPad!

Dori - Whats new? Do tell!

Maureen - Keep those beautiful fall pictures coming! You are an amazing photographer. YOu should do them professionally!

Tammy - Hi! Miss you!:hug:

Penny - Hi. How was your week! Tell us about yourself!;)

I have NOT been OP at all!!!! Fortunately I have maintained....and I don't know how.....but....I won't argue with the scale on this one! haha! I have been feeling blah! Just blah! I dunno........maybe these dreary days, I miss not seeing Jessica EVERY single day and the biggie I think is losing my job! I haven't been doing anything for myself. Like I'm missing my shots that I get every weds. for my allergies, I haven't been tanning or getting my nails done, and I am lucky to get to WW to WI let alone stay for a meeting! I think I need a big ol' kick in the butt~! I've come to far to blow this!

Well enough boo - hoo'ing! I have to work today so I better scoot! Have a great day everyone!
:dust:

Tina
10-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Happy Saturday Afternoon!

Jeanne, :kickcan: consider yourself kicked! :hug: Girl, you've had a hard time, finding out about your job and Jessica moving out. It's been alot for you. You must find time to go have some fun.
Wow, I haven't had a pedicure in 4 months. We should go together! :D

My car is back in the shop. There's a hose on top that has a little hole in it and is letting gas ooze out. Of course, it's a "special" hose and my car is old so they have to get it from another state! I have another rent car. BUT, it's a Hyandai Elantra and I LOVE it! I want one! :):):)
My eating is the pits. No veggies, no fruit, little water....etc., etc., etc......
I've got to get back in control.

How's everyone doing today???????

maureen kempster
10-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Good morning everyone

another weekend coming to a close-
Jeanne thanks for the compliment on the pictures-trust me I don't know what I'm doing I just aim & hope for the best & sometimes I get a few nice shots. I'm glad that you're enjoying your car.
I'm still happy with mine even though I really don't use it that much(weekends mainly) I've had it since the end of march(7 months) & I only have about 2060 miles on it!!! I'll really be able to say when I sell it " it was only used on weekends by a little old lady"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tina, hope yours comes out okay. How's the condo coming along. I still have to do some painting around here. Soon!
Susan, how's the swimming coming? My treadmill is collecting dust again.
Mimi, Tammy how are you both doing- I miss you both
I'm hovering around the 140 mark right now. I can't seem to get into the 130's. I've been journaling for 15 weeks(coming to the end of the week) so I'm glad about that-I've lost about 17-18 lbs for sure-even when I totalling go off program I make sure I write it down so I see it. Something has to give soon.

Well, let's all have a great day we're worth it

maureen

jar1965
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Tina - OUCH!!! That was a little hard, wasn't it?! hahahah! Thanks. I'm hoping today brings a whole bunch of willpower and the WW fairy drops some dust in my coffee!

Tina
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Good Morning,
Maureen, what happened to your tracker? Have you gone to the User CP and tried to edit it? That's strange. Girl, get back on that treadmill and walk. I should talk. :lol: No, I AM going to the gym this morning to walk on their treadmills. Yea, for me. :lol:
The townhouse work has been at a standstill but will now get going. I'm still looking for a rug for the dining room. I've found some online at J C Penney's. We might get one of them.

Penny10, how are you doing? It's great that you lost so much weight in 4 weeks. I bet you had a great vacation.

Jeanne, how's the car?

Susan, good for you for swimming again. I see that there was a bad tornado up near y'all.

Dori, how is your daughter feeling?

Mimi, Tammy, wollygirl, toughchick, Clint, I hope all is well.

penny10
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!

I am not sure how to do stuff on here yet, but appreciate everyone welcoming me! I am a 29 year old who lives in Indiana with my husband. I gained 30lbs when I met him and have not been able to get rid of it since. I feel like I am ALWAYS on some kind of diet and have found WW to work well for me. I hope to become more involved with this forum more and get to know you ladies better, you seem like a very fun and supportive group!

Thanks again, looking forward to getting to know you all.

farmgirl7
10-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Hey! I am starting ww at home. Need to lose about 25 pounds. I guess since I'm not going to meetings I need some accountability. :D I am 32, wife to a sweet man, and mom to two boys, 9 & 13. My biggest issue is not taking time out to take care of myself. There is always laundry to do or supper to cook. Reading the threads has inspired me to get busy! I weighed 125 last summer, had some personal things to deal with, and put on 25 pounds over the last year. I'm ready to get it back off!

maureen kempster
10-26-2010, 06:19 PM
welcome Penny & Farmgirl-you're both in the right place-lots of good company here and great ideas. Stick around and we can all help each other

maureen

farmgirl7
10-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Well, this is my first day back on ww and I went and ate mexican food with dh. I only had 6 pts as of supper, so maybe I'm ok. I left at least half of the food on my plate, but didn't keep up with how many chips I ate. I guess I will watch my flex points for the rest of the week. :(

misstraveller
10-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi all! I weigh in on Thursdays, can I join in? Have been to two meetings so far, lost four pounds, so I'm pretty happy.

Looking forward to learning about the new program when it comes out, have heard a lot of things but nothing definite. Right now I am trying not to learn the "points value" of foods, since they will change in about a month.

Not looking at such a large loss this week, as I haven't exercised enough, but still hoping for a LOSS. :)

farmgirl7
10-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey Becca! I'm new here too so I guess we will start together. I don't know anything about what ww is coming out with. A new plan or something? Anyway, Im doing ww from home using the flex point system. I don't know if thats new or old. It's just what I know. Good luck to you and welcome!

auntie
10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi ladies,

Welcome to the group! We are a great group if I say so myself. We've either weighed on Thursday or once weighed on Thursday. Some of us follow the program and some of us don't. This is an extremely supportive group! Some of us have been around a long time and have been through a lot together.

I know I've made some really good friends on here! We are glad that ya'll joined us.

I'm Susan and I've been lifetime at one time or but am far from it now. But I'm working on it.

Tina
10-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Wow, it's so great to have new faces here.
Welcome farmgirl, misstraveller and penny10!!! :carrot:

I'm Tina and have been a Lifetimer for years. Right now, I'm over my goal weight and am trying to get back.

I'm anxious to hear all about the new program. However, I might just keep doing the present point system. We'll see. I've heard that it starts the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
Everyone have a great day tomorrow and drink that water!

Ladybug2680
10-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Welcome newcomers. We're glad to have you.;)

It's another day at work.:dizzy: My students seem to come in ready to go to war with me. They're argumentative, disrespectful, and they don't follow directions. It's very frustrating.:stars: I think over the weekend I'm going to try to come up with a plan for better classroom management as well as a token system. I get tired of the same thing day in and out. It discourages me to say the least.

Teresa is feeling better and back to herself. However, she seems to have a cough and it sounds as though there's stuff in her chest. I plan on calling her doctor to get an appointment for her.

Samuel and Justin are getting ready for a Father/Son camping trip with Samuel's Cub Scout troop. They will leave Friday afternoon and be back Saturday around 2:00.

Overall, I'm doing okay, but I could be doing way better. I'm contemplating counting calories because we just don't have the money for me to do Weight Watchers and I have lost my one book that list the point values for everything. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping even if I change my lifestyle change that I will still be welcomed by you all.

Well I must run for now. Talk to you all later.

Tina
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Morning to everyone,
It's another hot one here. However, it's supposed to be in the 40's at night for the rest of the week. We'll see.
I was telling Larry that I'd love a white Christmas this year. I'd love just a few snow flakes this winter. (I know that sounds crazy to all of you who always have lots of snow. :) )

Does anyone use a crock pot? I'm getting mine out.

Dori, right now WW is offering a free meeting. You might check into that. That way, you could get all the materials again.

I'm off to the grocery store to stock up on fresh fruit and veggies.

farmgirl7
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Good Afternoon!
It finally feels like fall outside after all the rain we just got. Nice weather to take a walk.
Ladybug- I understand about the disrespectful students. I used to be a middle school secretary. It was crazy the stuff that would come through my office! I am doing ww from home so we can do that together if you want.
Tina-I do use my crock pot some...need some good recipes though.
Hope all of yall have a good afternoon. Just ate lunch and gonna pour me a cup of coffee and get back to work!

penny10
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!!!

Thanks for being so welcoming! It is fun to have people to vent to and get ideas from...

Misstraveller~ it sounds like we will be learning about this new plan together...I am a little nervous but it should be good!

Supposedly it is going to change point values for things as well as the points you are allowed each day...so far they said we can choose to stick to the current way if we want to, but it seems like the WW brand pre-packaged foods will be under the new points system...stay tuned I guess...

On a different note, I just bought Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and am hoping it works miracles :) Anyone do this DVD workout before?

Have a great day everyone!

maureen kempster
10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Tina, come and visit me for Christmas-you're almost guaranteed a white one-
Tina, Farmgirl here's site for crockpot recipes-I've made a few of them-

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

welcome all the newcomers.
have a great rest of the day on program

maureen

still can't get my tracker to work-don't know what I'm doing wrong!!!

jar1965
10-27-2010, 08:34 PM
hello, hello, hello!!! Welcome to all the newcomers!:carrot:

I'm Jeanne, 45, married to Bob, have two great daughters 23 & 18 and I have a dog from the pound and a "house" rabbit. I've been doing ww since December and have lost 50#! I love the program and my goal is to actually work for ww in the future. Thinking I can meet a healthy weight and apply for a position by April 2011.
Oh and the best thing........I work for a chocolate co./bakery! URGHHHHHH! However my company is closing and I will be unemployeed sometime in December. It's bittersweet! Loved my job, HATED all the temptation!

Have a great night everyone .........................

farmgirl7
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the link maureen. I'm gonna check it out.
Jeanne, what kind of rabbit do you have? I have a Dutch and he is hiding under my bed right now. Do you let yours run around all the time? I keep mine in a cage during the day but let him out often. I'm trying to litter train him. He's doing pretty good. Would love to get more info from you on the subject. Besides the rabbit I have 3 dogs, 2 cats (whom I am very allergic to) and 2 chickens. I love getting fresh eggs! I have also adopted a horse that I will move to our property as soon as I get it completely fenced. He is a rescue. If you can't tell I have a passion for animals. lol!

jar1965
10-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi farmgirl! We have a little mini lop! He is soooo stinkin' cute and funny! Love love his personality! We let him run around the house when we are home. HE IS TOTALLY LITTER BOX TRAINED!!! Yay! However his first year was very trying. My husband almost made bunny soup several times. He has CHEWED every wire, plug, phone cord, etc in our family room. AND.......we believed at least 100 times over......that we were bunny proofed, but ......he was able to find something we had missed. lol! He would never survive outside or at someone elses house because he has no fear. He BELIEVES that he is the boss in every situation. And that is because our big ol' dog just doesn't pay him any mind.

farmgirl7
10-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Jeanne, any ideas or tips you have on litter box training would be very helpful! My rabbit is only about 6 months old. Will only come out from under the bed when I call him. Makes the kids so mad! lol!
I have stayed op pretty good I think considering it was dh's b day yest. What day do all of you normally weigh in on? I guess I started on Tues, so maybe next Tues I should weigh?
Hope all of you have a great day. I work Mon-Thurs so today is my Friday. Wa hoo!!!

Tina
10-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Good morning,
It's supposed to be 55 here in the morning. Yea!!! However, I hope it's warmer for the kids on Halloween.
Now that we live in a gated townhouse, we won't have any treat-or-treaters this year. :( No one here has children. We are the "old people" here. :lol:

Maureen, thank you for the web site. My meal last night was okay but not great. When I get a great recipe, I'll post it here.
Thank you for the invitation. I would LOVE to come to Canada!

Mimi, how is Dan doing? How is your weight loss?

Susan, what's up with you and Pat? Are you unhappy about the Rangers losing last night?

Dori, I hope your new ideas help get the students under control.

farmgirl, you must live on lots of land. That's neat about getting the horse. Have fun today on your day off. :)

Penny10, tell us how the 30 day shred works for you.

misstraveller, what type of exercise do you do? I used to have an exercycle but like walking on a treadmill more.

I hope Tammy will sign in and let us know about her health.

jar1965
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Tina - ummmmm, I think you forgot me!!!!!! hahahah! Just messing with you!

farmgirl - Use ONLY paper pellets litter. We made a deep box with a back drop because he lovessssss to dig in it. They are funny. Some bunnies just litter train easy (which was Peanut). Google it farmgirl, there may be some good tips out there!

Tina
10-28-2010, 10:33 PM
:cry::cry::cry: Oh, Jeanne, my friend..... :cry:
Some days I shouldn't try putting down names. I'm always afraid to forget someone. :hug:
How was your day? When are you officially finished at work?

I've got jury duty in the morning. I couuld do without getting up at 6:30 a.m. to get ready.

:flow1:

jar1965
10-29-2010, 02:29 PM
hahahaha Tina!!! I was just teasing! I think the same thing when I do "personals"!!!!! Pleasssse don't think anything of it! Love ya girl!

farmgirl7
10-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I have spent most of my day running errands for everyone else in my family. When the kids know mom is off they always need me to do something for them! lol Trying to clean house but don't feel like I'm getting much accomplished. Tonights ballgame is about 2 or more hours away so I think me and dh are gonna skip it. (my son is in the band) Does that make me a bad mom cause I miss a game? Guilt. Anyway, I'm still op and I know having to post my weight (cause i will) has helped me do that this week. Have a good rest of the day. I'm gonna! :)

maureen kempster
10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
hi everyone-
well tonight we had our awards dinner for work-it was held in the officers' mess(my boss was in the governer general foot guards & I think he's still in the reserves)-so it was long dress & tuxes for the men.(have I told you lately that I hate my job & don't particularly like my boss)there's 2 dinners a year & this is my 4th one. I think I did pretty good with the food. I'm going to try & get to a WW mtg tomorrow morning so I'll let you know how it goes. I've been weighing in at home so I know the scales will probably be different anyway.

I hope everyone had a great friday & I'll check in again tomorrow

maureen

auntie
10-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Nothing new here! Had bowling last night not major improvement but some. I've been doing good with food except for yesterday. I ate candy and that was the end of that. Today is a new day!

Tina, we really are big baseball fans. Once teams go on strike, we are pretty done with them. However, I've been more into than Pat. If the Rangers don't win this game then I think they are done.

I had my yearly appointment Monday. She is sending me to physical therapy for my back it's really helping.

Jeanne, I love trick or greeters. We get none since we live on 11 acres! I wish we did!

Tina
10-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Greetings!
I've decided to go get a little candy in case our single, male neighbor has girls over and they go trick-or-treating. :lol: He's a nice young man but his Friday or Saturday night parties last until 2 a.m.

I've got to get back to journaling.

Tina
10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Can y'all smell my Pumpkin Pie!?!?!
It smells soooo good. It will be difficult not to grab a little bit before tomorrow. :lol:
I made it the old fashion way, with real eggs, normal canned milk and a homemade crust. Sometimes I cannot make a fat free pie.

maureen kempster
10-31-2010, 08:13 AM
:badbat::bat::bat::badbat:Happy Halloween

I hope we can all stick to program today-it's so tempting to pick up those individual boxes of chocolate goodies, but I just can't do that-I'm a complete chocolate addict & I know I'd end up eating all of it!!! BOO
I've been up since 5 AM and actually washed my floors!! All I can say is it's a good thing I'm not allergic to dust or I'd be found dead in my apartment!!

When I looked out the window there's actually snow on the ground. This is way too early.

Well, I still have things I want to do so I hope we all have a great day on program.

talk to you all later

Tina
10-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Happy Halloween Everyone :haphal:

Maureen, I've been laughing really hard at what you said. I agree because my hardwood floors are ALWAYS dusty. What type floors do you have? Don't you have laminate?
Our floors are a dark color and show everything.
You can come do mine, while you're in the mood. :lol:

Everyone have fun tonight with all the little ones coming. Susan, I 'm with you in we won't have kids come to our place.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will begin journaling again.
:flow1:

Tina
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM
New Thread

penny10
11-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Hello Ladies,

I have tried my best to stay OP, it has been difficult though...but I did lose 1.4 lbs last week, and am hoping for 2 more lbs this week! FINGERS CROSSED!

30 day shred was started last week and stopped :). I will be trying again, it is a great workout in a short amount of time, however, I did not stretch enough and was EXTREMELY sore for several days following the work out. Soooo, I will continue to let you all know how it goes.

I hope you all had a good Halloween and first week of November (I can't believe how fast this year is going). Talk soon!

Tina
11-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Penny10 great to hear from you. You can do this!!!
Please come on over to the November Chatters thread.