Chicks up for a Challenge - October Weight Loss Challenge

View Full Version : October Weight Loss Challenge

Ms Perception
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Fall is here, so let's watch the pounds fall off!! ;)

The rules of this thread are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss. So, you just set your weight loss related goal(s) and it gets added to a goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red. We have a sister thread for exercise related goals. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/213681-october-exercise-challenge.html . We love to hear about your success, as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best. So, let's get started!

julie99s
09-30-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm shooting for 10 again, bringing me down to 223. Here's hoping I can do it this month.
Also would like to be sure I'm logging my food every day. Even those "taste tests" when I am cooking.

Ms Perception
09-30-2010, 10:33 PM
My goal is to lose 5 lbs and not eat within 2 hours of bedtime. Go October!!

Newshinyme
09-30-2010, 11:27 PM
For this month my goal will be to make an eating plan for each week and stick to it, stay accountable on the thread. Lose 5 lbs.

mystical
10-01-2010, 12:32 AM
I don't know what to set as my goal at since I have never reached a weightloss goal makes me nervous to set one again LOL, so here goes.

6lbs for October

Marniadec
10-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Uhm, hi! Can I join? I only maintained during the summer and even though I've been pretending to be back on track for the past two weeks, I've been lying.;p I really, really need a kick in the butt!

So, here goes: My goal is to lose 10 pounds and complete C25K.

CardboardCutoutCat
10-01-2010, 03:37 AM
I'm in.

171 -> 166

freethetoys
10-01-2010, 05:28 AM
eating goal > get down to average 1300 a day,
workout goal> 19 days when im working out /31
weight goal >get down to 168, which is to loose 6lbs (excluding water weight)

additional goal is to change my eating habits and approach to dieting.

susiemartin
10-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Count me in :carrot:

My goal is daily weighing & to lose 10lbs.
I chose a bigger weight loss this month because I think I'm still holding mucho water from my September eating adventures :D

SW: 228.6
GW:218.6

Here's to a wonderful October!

TERAPET
10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
New Month, New Goal. :carrot: I am aiming to hit a new decade this month so my goal is to get to 139. That would be so exciting.

2Bees
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Ok I was so pleased to do the September exercise challenge-it was a really motivational tool-that I will try this. I am pretty steadily losing a pound a week on the Sonoma plan but I will try for a 5 lb goal in October. That will put me at 199 First time below 200 in 10 years.

I usually only record weight once a week so I will start with Sunday the 3rd and record 5 Sundays. MY exercise goal for the month is 50 miles plus some video exercise.

Oct 3 204
Oct 10 203
Oct 17 203
Oct 24 201
Oct 31 200

Close enough to feel successful but did not make goal. Only a matter of time though

layddi
10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Count me in for 10 pounds this month!
"WE CAN DO THIS!!!!"

julie99s
10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Guys! A nsv for me! I am sick and just lounging around, and I noticed my arms... There's definition! I keep looking over and stroking my upper arms. I am such a dork. Pretty fascinating though consindering I didn't lose hardly anything last month.

I wish I was up for working out now.

fld20
10-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Can I joinstarting back up not sure of my start weight . I've got to go get a scale today but I'll aim for 5lbs

dcapulet
10-01-2010, 12:55 PM
September was a bust for me- so October is it! I hope to lose 5lbs.

Newshinyme
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Good morning everyone!
Glad to see you here. :welcome: to all of our new members.

My goal for today will be to plan out for the weekend, I have a few social gatherings and there will be plenty of temptation and eating out, so I must be ready.

mystical: I try not to set goals that are too specific in the number of lbs to lose since there is too much variation. Instead I try to focus on things I can actually control like staying within my calories and eating OP.

julie: That's awesome! Congrats on the muscles :)

terapet: The new decade is so close! Can't wait to see you there.

raznt
10-01-2010, 02:09 PM
my goal is to stay on plan and drop a minimum of 10 lbs and do 6 days of exercise per week.

My Michelle
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
October is going to be good for us all, I can feel it! :carrot:

My goals: Eat totally clean, work out 4 times per week, and lose 8 pounds. I thought it would be terrifically hard to go last month with no treats, but it didn't turn out that way. It actually meant no mind games with myself. So I want to do it again this month!

9/30 Start Weight: 166.4

ma26
10-01-2010, 06:01 PM
My goal is 161.4 that's ten pounds from this mornings weight in.

VickieLou
10-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Sw: 248.8
Gw: 238.8

Ms Perception
10-02-2010, 12:22 AM
October Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red :)

julie99s-Lose 10 lbs, Log food daily
Ms Perception-Lose 5 lbs, Don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime
Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Loe 5 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
raznt-Lose 10 lbs, Stay on plan
My Michelle-Eat totally clean, Lose 8 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs

Ms Perception
10-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Got the list posted and I'm thrilled to see everyone here! I gotta hop off here and elevate my legs so they feel better. Hope everyone has had a great start to the month! Behave this weekend!! LOL

susiemartin
10-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Check In Time

Yesterday was pretty good - almost 100% OP. Got to licking some of the cream cheese filling for my husband's birthday cake :devil:
Wasn't too bad though, manage to drop a little for this morning's weigh in.

Planning a 100% OP day today.
Hope your day is a good one!

starbrite
10-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi - Can I join in ? I'd like to lose 10 lbs - keeps me on track then for my Christmas challenge :)

NightAngel26
10-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Well, September kicked my butt! I lost nothing after posting....well 1 lb after I posted my goal for a level 235!! Argh! Sry I didn't post results....goal not met.

My goal for this month *drum roll please...* a whopping 15lbs! I've done it before but it takes massive amounts of stick to it and a well behaved exercise plan. Wish me luck! so, to get on track for my New Years resolution 15 is necessary.

That will put me at 220lbs. :devil:

My Michelle
10-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Welcome Starbrite! Your progress is amazing!

Nightangel, that is a tough goal, we'll be here to support you!

MSperception - Good luck tomorrow!!!! I look forward to your race report!

luckymommy
10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I hope I can still join! I had a huge binge last night but before that binge, my weight was 188lbs. I'd like to weigh in at 178 by November 1, so 10 lbs. :)

TERAPET
10-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Welcome luckymommy!

Today is going to be a tough one. We are hosting a pot luck dinner party with lots of goodies. I am going to have to be very diligent not to eat too much. "Cheat meals" are not part of my plan. I simply cannot manage to hoard calories. I need to stay within a daily limit period. (Hopefully this "self talk" is going to work!)

Marniadec
10-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone!

I had a great day yesterday. I stayed within my limits in everything, I had salad with both lunch and dinner and I had fruit for snacks!:carrot: Today I've gotten lazy, though. I've been up for 4 hours and I can't get off my butt and make cereal, ffs! Good thing I managed to do the C25K, clean the bathroom and make coffee first!:p

Ms Perception
10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi all! I'll repost the goal list in the next day or 2 to add the new joiners. I'm short of time today and desperately need to get to bed for the race tomorrow!

Keep up the good choices and healthy living!!

My Michelle
10-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Good luck this morning, MsPerception! Have a great race!

susiemartin
10-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Check In Time
Ms. P - All the best to you this morning.

Yesterday wasn't 100% OP - could have been better.
Ate too many crackers, bananas & had a piece of pumpkin roll :devil: At least I didn't get into the pizza or the made from scratch German Chocolate cake
that my MIL sent over for my husband's B'day :celebrate:

Planning for a better day today.
Hope your day is a good one too!

julie99s
10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
I bombed last night. I was hungry from not eating a whole lot yesterday and at about 1030 last night, I had leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

Darn.

I'm going to have to be careful today too because the neighbors are helping DH re-roof the garage and we are supplying chicken and the fixin's and beer (they're not drinking while roofing, lol). So I think I'll stick to the chicken and have myself some salad and fruit. I despise the taste of beer, so no problem avoiding that one!

Weighed in this morning. 232. So I'm down 4 from a week ago (1 lb since the Oct challenge began). :carrot:

TERAPET
10-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Good for you susiemartin.

I did not exactly stick to my plan yesterday and today is another dinner party. I am in full charge of the menu this time so it should not be quite as ridiculously bad as yesterday's indulgence.

MsPerception-I can't wait to hear about the race.

julie99s-Wow 4 pounds! Awesome.

RevampingSoul
10-03-2010, 12:10 PM
I would like to lose 10lbs in October, drink 8 8oz water daily.

Newshinyme
10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Yesterday was so-so for me. Ate very little during the day (not on purpose) but then ended up with drinks and chips :(

I am starting to consider abolishing weekends altogether haha.

Ms.P. Let us know how the marathon went. I am so impressed by how far you've come :)

AngelD
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Is there still time to join? My attempt to start on my own two weeks ago was killed by a cold so I'm ready to go again. I'd like to lose 10 pounds.

Marniadec
10-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I had another great day and I lost two pounds! I am two pounds away from my second goal and the first degree of obesity!

annputation
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm down for 10lbs this months as well!!

LouisaH
10-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Hey Chicklets! I'm back from my vacation and have to say, I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, and the sugar ogre and carb monster have taken up residence in my blood stream. I am apparently getting an unexpected visit from TOM again, so I'm hoping he will take the beasts with him when he goes. My scales were reading 154 when I left for vacation the morning of the 22nd, and I was fearing I might see the 160s again, for all I've eaten and drunk. I stepped on tonight, knowing that I always weigh more at night, and was pretty surprised (and elated) to see 154.8. We'll see what tomorrow says, and I will post my starting weight then, but I am dying to reach 147 this month.

MsP: We're dying here. How'd you do?

I'm looking forward to a decent night's sleep in my own bed, and getting back to the routine of eating and checking in here regularly.

WinterJinx
10-04-2010, 01:56 AM
I've never done a challenge before but my goal is;
1) 2100 mins of workout time in this month :carrot::tantrum:
2) Loose 5 pds (but I would be happy with 3 pds)

JasonsLea
10-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Shooting for 5 lbs this month (SW: 274/GW: 269).

susiemartin
10-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Check In Time
Yesterday was OP :)

Planning for another OP day today.

Hope your day is a good one :carrot:

mystical
10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
was not a great weekend as far as eating went, but I am back to OP today. I am up 2lbs but I am sure I can get that back off this week. I am a little nervous about it being Thanksgiving this weekend, any suggestions foodwise?

julie99s
10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
What a crappy day yesterday was! I totally tanked the whole weekend. I didn't workout at all because I was sick, and my food choices were beyond poor. I didn't log food yesterday, so I went back and logged it this morning.

Not pretty.

It'll be another 3 years before I ever THINK about KFC again. DH and some neighbors got the garage roof re-roofed and that's what we all ate.

And then after I was done logging, I remembered last night I went to my Grandpa's birthday gathering too. I did ok there, a piece of apple pie and a couple deviled eggs, but between the kfc and that, I've used well over half my WW weekly pts. I don't even know how to compute it properly, some stuff I have no idea the contents, nor the brands, so I'm tossing the few weekly pts I have left.

I'm just glad to be feeling better to workout and being back to good eating habits. I say it all the time when I do something stupid (namely when I drink too much)... I'm NEVER doing THAT again!

Hope it was done early enough in the week I can remedy it for weigh in Sunday.

Ms Perception
10-04-2010, 12:42 PM
October Goal List

Newshinyme-Make eating plan each week & stick to it, Stay accountable on the thread, Lose 5 lbs
mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
freethetoys-Get down to 1300 cal/day, Reach 168 lbs, Change eating habits and approach to dieting
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
RevampingSoul- Lose 10 lbs, Drink 64 oz water daily
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs

Ms Perception
10-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome to all the new joiners! Great to have you and I look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your updates throughout the month.

Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday, but I could not get my computer to behave! I really did want to share my marathon experience. In short, it was more than I could've hoped for. God graciously allowed me to make it through with pretty much no trouble from my knee at all. The worst pain was from my feet toward the end. Don't get me wrong, it was hard and took all my determination, but I ran the whole thing! I'm totally feeling most of my muscles today and imagine I will for another day or 2, but I feel so thankful for the experience. It was worth it! My unofficial finish time was 4:43:28 (about a 10:48 mile pace). Thanks to all who prayed for me, wished me well, and asked about the race. It was the experience of a lifetime!

excitedtolose
10-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I know I'm a bit late, but I just stumbled upon this thread. My current goal for October is 10lbs at a minimum (although like NightAngel, I'm shooting for 15lbs.) Currently in training for a 5K on Thanksgiving this 15lbs will put me right on pace for my Jingle Away the Jiggle Challenge. :)

SW:259lbs
GW:244lbs

My Michelle
10-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I've been completely OP so far this month, and the scale gave me a lovely loss for the week when I weighed in this morning for my "official weekly weigh-in" (even though I weigh every day), so I'm a happy camper. I'm starting to feel generally GOOD, and most days no longer feel like a total uphill battle to change my habits. That is a nice change. Not that there aren't hard moments, but I swear the first few weeks of being on-plan felt like an overwhelming battle of wills for every second - ME :) against EVIL ME :devil:! Finally, evil me is LOSING!

mystical - I'm sure those 2 pounds will come off fast. As for Thanksgiving ideas, thank goodness I have more time to come up with a plan for the U.S. Thanksgiving celebration. The whole idea of that day makes me want to hide in a closet!

julie99s - I'm sorry your weekend was so rough, but it sounds like you are right on top of it, and in my opinion, what you do *now* is way more important in the long run that what you actually ate! We are all going to have moments when we are off plan, learning how to get right back on top of it and finding that groove again will be key to stopping any long-term backsliding! So Yay You for having a solid, well-thought out plan of attack! I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

LouisaH - welcome back from vacation! And wow, I would have been out of my mind in joy to come back from a vacay with only .8 gain! Great Job! All that hard work before vacay paid off!

Marniadec - Congratulations on those two pounds, yayayayay! :carrot:

Newshinyme - I'm with you on abolishing weekends altogether! It takes alot more work for me to stay on plan during weekends than at any other time! I'm becomming weekend-shy!

MsP - you ran the whole way! Mind-bogglingly awesome! Congratulations on that tremendous achievement!

Welcome AngelD, RevampingSoul, excitedtolose, and any other newcomer I might have missed!

TERAPET
10-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I have had a rough 24 hours. I found out my dog has cancer and will likely need to be euthanized in a short time. I am trying not to overeat from grief. We still have a little time together so I am feeding him anything he wants! (primarily steak and chicken).

MyMichelle-You are doing so well. Yay!

MsP-Congrats on a great race! You are awesome.

LouisaH
10-05-2010, 02:09 AM
My Michelle: thanks for being a great cheerleader!

MsP: I'm so proud of you!You must feel so good. I'm so glad to hear that your knee behaved. I bet you slept well last night--I can only imagine how physically exhausted you must be (mentally and emotionally exhilarated, though, yes?). Super congratulations to you. Do it again?

TERAPET: I'm so sorry! That is horrible news. Take care of yourself as well as you are your dog (steak and chicken are good food for a dog--treat yourself as well).

Sorry not to get to many personals, it's been a long day re-entering from vacation mode, and I must get to bed. The weight fairy came this morning, bringing me a loss of 1.4 pounds from the day I left, but the body-fat fairy came too, giving me 3.8% gain. My skeletal muscle reading went down 2.4%. I can totally tell, too. My waistline is much squishier than when I left! Time to get back to it. Today was a good start, even though TOM is here begging me to eat with him every couple of minutes.

So I'm making my official start weight this morning's 152.6, and my goal for October is to lose 5.6 pounds to reach 147.

NightAngel26
10-05-2010, 09:41 AM
well, I want so badly to lose weight, but really as bad as I want to lose it all, I have days where I'm just tired of trying, stressed beyond my means, and just don't care. It sabotages my efforts completely. It's irritating for me to be so completely stick with it one day and then the opposite another. :frypan:

I know a lot of you probably go through it, and I wish that those days I had the get-up-and-go to exercise or bother with everything, but it's so amazingly lacking. Piled up stress seems the worst, and it's never a friendly food, and even if it was I still eat soooo much some days. :(

Just confessing I guess here..... no loss, probably gained some...I'll weigh in in a week or so (if I can wait that long)... I don't want any added frustrations by looking at my numbers every day right now....it's funny how being upset about not making progress losing weight makes me eat!! :boxing:

NightAngel26
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
:( TERAPET..... I'm sorry about your doggie.... maybe you can compile some good photos or other things for some good memories....hopefully the doc will keep him comfortable.

TERAPET
10-05-2010, 10:37 AM
NightAngel26 & LouisaH-thanks for the condolences. It is an awful put precious time right now with my buddy.

NightAngel26-sorry you are struggling with the staying on plan. Eating right is a big challenge for me, always, but especially difficult when I am stressed and tired. Just hang in there and keep up the fight. It is worth it.

LouisaH-My vacation put a kink in things for me also. I haven't had a real loss in ages. I am hovering around the same weight and I know exactly why. Time to get back to business.

dollypie
10-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I would love to join in on this thread! It has been a long time since I have done any form of exercise or even tried to eat healthy. Although I reach a breaking point the other day when I realized that I was just too tired to do anything and it was because of my weight. Well I need to be back on the wagon to a healthy lifestyle so my goal for October is 8 pounds. I leave for a trip to Washington D.C. on the 30th so it would feel great leaving knowing that I have worked hard the past month!

layddi
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Hope everyone is doing good..
I weighed myself on Saturday and was down 2 pounds, but I know my body and I think I put them back on "uugghh!" I'm not any everyday weigher "I'd drive myself nuts!." Will post update on my weight on Monday.
I'm just finding it hard to start exercising...

TERAPET- So sorry to here about your doggy....

Ms Perception
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
excitedtolose-Lose 10-15 lbs
LouisaH-Lose 5.6 lbs/Reach 147
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs

Ms Perception
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

excitedtolose-Welcome to the thread! I've added you to the goal list and look forward to your updates. :)

My Michelle-Glad to hear you feel like "evil" you is losing the temptation battle. Such a nice feeling, but still never easy!

TERAPET-I just wanted to join the others in offering my condolences for your pup's illness. So sad, but at least you can treasure a little more time before you have to say "good-bye."

LouisaH-Definitely emotionally overcome with joy at the accomplishment and not as physically spent as I was concerned I might be. I still haven't decided if I will repeat the madness. It was amazing, but SO tough (training especially)! BTW, SO good to have you back! You did awesome keeping your weight in check on you trip!

NightAngel-I'm glad you came to vent. It far fewer calories than working it out by eating! LOL I absolutely know what you mean, though. Been there many times. I'm even struggling now to not overeat. Seems like I'm craving sweets everyday in a major way....so hard to resist!!!

dollypie-Good to see you again. I recognize your screen name. Here's to a fresh start!

layddi-I hope you find an exercise routine that works for you. Or maybe just find some activity you love...that counts as exercise too!

WinterJinx
10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone I am OP. So far so good with my eatting habits but I am reluctant to get on the scale until friday because it makes me angry to see the scale go down one pound and then right back to normal the next day so I'm trying to space out how often I get on the scale. :spin: :spin: :spin:

TERAPET: I am sorry to hear about your dog I hope you are feeling better.

Newshinyme
10-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi,
Quick post for me tonight. I am alive, yesterday and today have been better than the weekend for sure, but not 100% OP yet.

Terapet: I am so sorry about your dog. My parent's dog recently died from an illness too and I know how hard it is. Enjoy whatever time you have left with him, :hug:

Ms. P.: I am so proud of you running all the way and that!

Will get to the rest of you tomorrow :)

My Michelle
10-06-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm on-plan and feeling good! I can't believe how fast the end of the year is approaching, and I'm already trying to come up with strategies for the coming holiday feasts!

TERAPET - I'm soooo sorry to hear about your pup, it is heartbreaking. I'm thinking of you both, this is one of the hardest things to go through in life!

LouisaH - Yay for the weight-fairy! What kind of scale do you use to get the body-fat/muscle readings, I'd love to get that kind of data, do you think it is fairly accurate! Resist the TOM monster, you can do it!

NightAngel - I'm sorry the stress is piled up, hang in there. It is hard to break the "treat stress with food" cycle, verrrry verrrrry hard! You can do it, though, just never give up! :hug:

dollypie- Welcome! I'm sure that by the time you leave for your D.C. trip you will be feeling much better and have more energy! This is a great place for support!

layddi - I hope the 2 pounds stayed away! Try easing into the exercise, just start with 15 minutes on whatever it is you are planning to do. It is easier to convince yourself to tackle 15 minutes, and harder to make excuses to avoid it, and you'll quickly get into the exercise habit and not have it be this looming hours-long task that feels so daunting and off-putting. Sometimes it just takes jumping over that first hurdle to get into the swing! Before you know it you'll be adding minutes!

Ms Perception - I hope your recovery is going well and your legs are starting to feel less tired. I know my legs would want to be in Aruba laying on the beach for about a month after that heroic run!

WinterJinx - I'm still getting used to daily weighing, so I understand why weekly weighing is easier on the emotions. I was slightly up this morning and I know I scowled at the scale and stomped around for a few minutes because it is so "unfair". I'll get over it! :dizzy:

Newshinyme - I'm glad the days are improving, I'm sure you'll be 100% OP by the end of the week!

susiemartin
10-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Yesterday was OP and really a tough white knuckle day! But the scale is down this morning :) - 223.4
Seems that every time I ride out a hard day I see a woosh within the next day or so :carrot:

Planning for another OP day today.

TERAPET
10-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Thank you all for sending the kind thoughts. I am grateful for these bittersweet days, both for the time to be with Jingle and also for the time to get a handle on the situation. I hold and pet him a lot. I think he is a bit perplexed by the whole thing but does his best to keep his routine, basically just following me around all day and enjoying any treats that come his way. Silly boy!

Not surprising, I am not doing much in the way of weight loss these days, pretty much maintaining which is fine for the time being. It takes a lot of concentration for me to lose weight.

mystical
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Good morning all, I am back down on my weight (199.2) can't believe how well things have been going for me. Has taken me a very long time for things to be right for me to lose the weight. My DH is trying to lose weight as well and he is struggling to find the right foods for hime as well. Thanks for all your support.

I am hoping that I can at least maintain my weight through the holiday if not I will have to put in some extra workouts LOL

dollypie
10-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Well I feel really great today! I think it is because last night we had our National Night Out and a great time was had by all. I was even able to control my eating and not go overboard so that was good. Now to keep up the motivation to hit the gym tonight!

layddi
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Good morning !

Winter Jinx- I know how you feel about the weighing, the scale can be your friend one day and then the next day “stab you in the back.”

My Michelle- The holidays…..”uuuuggghhh”: I have a love/hate relationship with holidays….. but you gave me in incentive, I will start thinking of stratagies.

Tearapet- Hope you’re ok.

Mysticle- Congratulations on your loss.

Dollypie- I love your enthusiasm, especially when it comes to hitting the gym, I hope to get to that place one day.

Thank you Ms Perception- for putting up our Goal List every morning, for me personally gives me more motivation.

Speaking of motivation, is anyone watching The Biggest Loser?

WinterJinx
10-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey I think I did pretty good today even though I had a bowl of ice cream. It's something I rarely indulge in but the cherry chocolate garcia was calling my name saying "EAT ME." How could I resist.....no really how could I? :dizzy: :cloud9: :dunno:

I made it to the gym today for an hour so I figure it all evens out. :woops:

LouisaH
10-07-2010, 12:54 AM
My Michelle: My scale is an Omron 400 or 500 (would have to check). It gives me weight, body fat, skeletal muscle, BMI, resting metabolism and visceral fat. I don't know how accurate it is, and don't really care about that too much, but it gives me a trend to watch, and certainly seems reflect the weight loss and exercise accurately (since I did no circuit training/weights of any sort on my vacation, by body fat went up and skeletal muscle went down). I like it. I figure eventually I'll stop checking it daily, but for now, it's really helpful.

MsP: Thanks for adding my goal and keeping the list updated. So what's your exercise plan now that the marathon training is over? I imagine you're excited to get back to some things you haven't gotten to do for a while?

Mystical: Congrats on reaching onederland--and this time it should be easier to make it stick with DH on board on the weight loss. We all have to work super hard now in preparation for the holidays. Having willpower of steel does not mean we can't eat yummy stuff, it only means we can't as much of it as we might want! For me, the trick is to get sugar and carbs out of my system so that I have an easier time saying no unless it's something I REALLY want.

dollypie: way to stay in control--did you make it to the gym?

WinterJinx: That's what it's all about in my book--buying indulgences. Exercise so you can enjoy the things you aren't willing to give up. If I don't allow myself treats, I feel deprived and resentful, and soon give up. That's a bad plan in my book!

The scales said 153.4 this morning, so the weight fairy came back and dropped off a little of the weight she originally took. That or TOM just bought a new set of luggage. I'm still down a bit from the start of my vacation, and I'm not worried, except that I am having insatiable urges for not just sweets, but FOOD. I'll get back on track eventually, but I just feel like the closer I get to goal, the harder time I have sticking to my calorie allotment, even with exercise calories added back in. I'm also being lazier about tracking calories, and I'm finding that I'm eating first, and then adding up calories, rather than figuring out what I have room for before I eat. This is not good preparation for the holidays, so I've got to get my resolve and my routine back in the groove!

VickieLou
10-07-2010, 01:05 AM
Terapet so sorry to hear about your dog. :hug:

Got back on plan yesterday and worked out. Today was away from home the whole day so didn't count calories. See how I do on my weigh in tommorow. Hope Everyone has a good day tommorow.

SW: 248.8
CW: 248
GW: 238.8

Marniadec
10-07-2010, 03:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, Terapet!:(

So, I kind of have been doing great so far. I'm supposed to eat between 1200 and 1550 calories and I always stay under 1300.

I have 2 problems, though: One is that I haven't been having as many fruit and veggies the last three days and this will continue until I get paid on Monday. The other is that I sleep during the day and I stay up all night. I'll try to stay up until late afternoon, but what am I going to eat until then? I'm thinking about giving myself a cheat day, but I really don't want to...:?:

susiemartin
10-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.
Terapet - I know what you're going through :hug: Hang in there. All dogs go to Heaven. It's not Heaven for us without them.

I'm with you all on the coming holidays - love 'em but fear 'em. Especially around Christmas time.
That's the time of year when I historically get off track and my food goes crazy. I'm trying to mentally plan ahead for this year & got my fingers crossed :crossed: that I'll find a way through them. I sure don't want to go back to Binge & Weight Gain ****.

TERAPET
10-07-2010, 08:58 AM
susiemartin-I like to imagine Jingle will be met by my two dogs already in heaven. Probably crazy but it makes me feel better.

susiemartin
10-07-2010, 09:47 AM
susiemartin-I like to imagine Jingle will be met by my two dogs already in heaven. Probably crazy but it makes me feel better.

Not crazy -
You can depend on it :hug:

If you care to read it, here's a short post about the dog (http://homesteadgardenandpantry.com/agrarian-life/country-life/dogs/riko/) I buried just about 2 years ago.

dollypie
10-07-2010, 10:45 AM
WinterJix - I love Cherry Garcia! Have you tried the frozen yogurt one...it really isn't that bad. Actually pretty good! Good job a the gym!

LouisaH - I track calories too and it is really hard for me too do. I try and track my food categories all the time and then just calories every few days to keep me on track.

VickieLou - Great job!

Well I didn't make it to the gym yesterday but took a 2 mile walk with the neighbor pushing the kiddo in the stroller. It was great! The weather is so beautiful something we only get for about a month out of the year. We are going again tonight!

VickieLou
10-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Cw: 245.2 (-3.6)

Ms Perception
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs

TERAPET
10-07-2010, 04:32 PM
susiemartin-I read your touching story about Riko. What a beautiful dog. Thank you.

Ms Perception
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
VickieLou-Nice loss! It's so good to see your posts and hear your updates.

dollypie-A nice walk in beautiful weather is wonderful! Enjoy them while you can.

Marniadec-Cheat meals/days can be good and bad. Good if you do it in moderation for a meal just to get something you've been craving, but isn't in your food plan. Bad if you let yourself go completely, overeat everything and end up with bad food cravings for a week as a result. So, choose carefully why and how you do it. I'm speaking from experience here. ;)

LouisaH-I had it all planned out...getting back into a good mix of cardio and strength and then BAM! My right (good) shin started hurting pretty badly. I can't stand for more than a half hour and can't walk more than a few minutes without quite a lot of pain. May have to go in and have it x-rayed. May just be a stress fracture. I don't know. I'm alread trying to figure out what I CAN do since the local pool is still out of comission. So, we'll see...

layddi-You're welcome! :D

My Michelle-My muscles have all forgiven me, but as I mentioned to Louisa, I have pain in one of my shins that prevents me from bearing much weight at the moment. It kinda sprung up Tuesday and hasn't gone away yet. Hope it does soon, because I was looking forward to running today, but that's out the window for now.

Shin pain aside, I'm feeling very well. I'd LOVE to be able to get out and get moving. I've got yard work and my garage to clean. My legs feel great as far as muscle recovery from Sunday's race. I may have to seek medical intervention for my shin, though. I'm going to ice and rest it tonight and see if that does anything. I'm glad to hear the posts from everyone planning and doing well. I've been so-so on my food. My weight has fluctuated up again with TOM right around the corner and my exercise minimal. Gotta keep my calories in check right now!

pinkflower
10-07-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm gonna consolidate and use this as a daily weigh in (will edit this post as the month goes on). I just got back from vacation and gained quite a bit :(

5.2 lbs lost July
4.8 lbs lost Aug
3.8 lbs lost Sept
Aug end weight=151.0
Sept End weight=147.2
Oct Goal weight=145 or less

Goal=to lose 6 lbs

1-6th-on vacation
7. 151.4
8. 150.4
9. 149.0
10. 148.6-must have been a lot of sodium from eating out on vacation!
11. 148.2
12. 148.4 migraine (tom is 8 days late, hopefully will show soon)
13. 148.2
14. 147.6
15. 146.8 tom day 1
16. 148.8
17. 148.8
18. 148.4
19. 147.2
20. 146.8
24. 147.6
25. 146.8
26. 146.8
27. 147.2 ovulating
28. 146.6 migraine
29. 145.8 :)
30. 144.6!!!!
31. 145.6 damn fun size halloween candy bars. I ate 6-7 yesterday :(

My Michelle
10-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I've been completely on plan and just passed the 60 day binge-free mark, which is just huuuuuuuge for me! I had set a reward for being binge-free for 60 days of a really nice, new outfit, so now I get to shop! And, I need to pick a reward for 90 days, must keep marching forward! I've proven to myself that I can live without binging, and it is such a relief! I don't ever want to return to that pattern!

susiemartin - Congrats on surviving a white-nuckle day, those are just so rotten! But clearly it paid off, yay! I loved your blog about Riko, what an incredible dog (and GORGEOUS!) and that post was so touching, thanks for sharing it with us! Also, I definitely don't want to go back to binge behaviors through the holidays, so I will be checking in ALOT over the next few months to make sure my behaviors don't begin to slide. Holidays traditionally send me for a loop too, I need to be extra vigilant!

TERAPET - I'm keeping you and your baby in my thoughts, hang in there. I can imagine that weight loss is not at the forefront of your mind right now!

mystical - I'm glad things are going so well, it is awesome when everything starts falling into place! Congratulations! :carrot:

dollypie - Congratulations on enjoying a celebration that didn't involve over-indulgence! That deserves a big HURRAH!

layddi - I just set my dvr to start recording The Biggest Loser. I only like to watch that show when I can fast-forward through the looooong, boring weigh ins that they drag out unnecessarily! Is it good this season?

WinterJinx - I hear you on Cherry Garcia ice cream, that stuff is amazing! Good job hitting the gym afterwards!

LouisaH - Thanks for the scale info, I've added it to my wish list -- with Christmas on the horizon, maybe Santa will bring me one! I can't believe it provides so much data, I love that! I'm sure you will find your groove again, and you're right that now is the time to get it back, BEFORE the bulk of the holiday crazy arrives!

VickieLou - Yay for on-plan days! Good luck at your weigh-in!

Marniadec - I gotta tell you, cheat days don't work for me, they have always in the past eventually led to massive backsliding. It was like when I added cheat days to my plan I constantly exposed myself to foods that brought out my most addictive behaviors, which was not good for me at all and made my on-plan days much harder to get through. It was like being in a constant state of withdrawal. However, this is one of those "your mileage may vary" topics, I know people who have cheats days and they absolutely work for them and make life worth living! You can certainly experiment and find how it works for you!

MsP: I'm sorry to hear about that right shin injury, that stinks! It doesn't seem fair, either, since you trained so consistently for your race. I'm sending you healing thoughts!

pinkflower - I'm sure with some on plan days you'll shed your vacation gain, you can do it!

mystical
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
OMG!!!! It isn't even Thanksgiving dinner and I am already up by almost 1lb **nervous** for Thanksgiving Day for sure now LOL, guess I will just keep a close eye on things and do some extra workout to help with the holiday spread hahaha.

dollypie
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Okay it is Friday and I have made it 4 days of on plan eating and excercising! I am so proud of myself because it has been so long since I have done that. Now to making this a lifestyle change. It will be hard since this Saturday is the Scarecrow Festival and there will be lots of fair food, but I am planning on taking lots of snacks for me and DD. Also I will be getting lots of exericising doing all of the walking so yeah!

I really need to set a goal for me like My Michelle. I have been really wanting to get a pedicure so if I can make it to Sunday I will go get on while DD has a nap.

pinkflower
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
that is awesome dollypie! It's good to go in prepared. Good luck with staying on plan :)

LouisaH
10-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Happy Friday Chicklets! I love and hate the weekends. I'm always ready for a party, and it's so easy to cut loose and overdo it. There's an Oktoberfest celebration in my hood, so I will likely be drinking more than I should. I'm a total food snob and can't really eat "fair food" unless I know where it came from so that isn't too much of a danger, but being out rather than preparing a healthy meal leads to going out to eat, or eating easy food at home, which tends to be more fattening stuff, like carbs. I do have a couple of fast, healthy things ready to go, so I should be good.

dollypie: Good work this week. Get a good workout in on Saturday morning so you don't have to worry too much about consuming a few extra calories at the festival--you'll do fine! I'll send some healthy eating vibes your way in the hopes that they make the fair food smell gross to you. lol.

MsP: Oh no, what's up with the shin? And on your good leg, no less! That really bites. You should still be able to do some good strength training, ab work and push-ups and such, to keep your metabolism up while you rest your shin to let it heal. I hope it's a quick recovery. Is the bike an option, or does that hurt it too?

My Michelle: the scale is an Omron 500, and I did a bunch of research before I bought it. It was pricey, but worth it, and I love it. Congratulations on your binge-free progress. That is fantastic; and you are so close to 50 pounds lost, wahoo!

mystical: Quick, do 50 jumping jacks. Run in place for 10 minutes. Do 50 lunges. 100 jump rope...every little bit helps! I do that at work with my co-workers (they all happen to be family, so we can be as cornball goofy as we want, we already know we're all crazy). Good luck, and remember you can eat it all, but just a taste of the baddies, and fill up on the low cal. And don't forget your water--that goes a long way to fill your belly and make you feel full faster!

pinkflower: a couple days on plan and those extra pounds will fall right back off--no worries!

I weighed in at 152.6 this morning, same place I was when I got back four days ago. Looks like TOM has packed most of his bags. Hope he takes a little extra by tomorrow. Have a great Friday night everyone. Here's a sprinkle for the weekend: :dust:

VickieLou
10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 248.8
CW: 244.6 (-4.2)
GW: 238.8

candy love
10-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I really hope I'm not too late, I've not stuck to anything in the past few months, I made this account a while ago and haven't logged in in a while, I really want to reach my goals and I'm convinced it'll be now... So here goes...

I want to be out of the 200's by the end of October, I know it's a long shot but it's what I'm going for I'd be happy if I managed to get to 220lbs though so I won't bee disappointed if don't reach 199...

I'm doing a calorie restricted diet, I won't go over 1,300calories in any given day, I'll log my intake in a notebook and write it here at the end of every day to stay on track...

I'm also going to try and drink 6 glasses of water a day and any other drink will be coffee/tea with semi skimmed/skimmed milk or a diet drink (I'm addicted to diet coke atm :S)

I'll only be eating meal between 7am and 7pm, any other time will be unacceptional :D

Good luck everyone, I hope you all meet your goals!! Have a beautiful day!!! :D

WinterJinx
10-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Alright so today my leg was dragging a little bit out of the wagon but I've pulled it back in and plan to be OP for this weekend. It's that TOM for me so I tend to get a little lazy when it first hits which means I did not go to the gym. I also I ate some chinese take out, but I made sure to have only small portions.

DollyPie- I love frozen yogurt and am going to go look for that cherry garcia one now. Also have fun at the festival with DD, good idea on packing healthy snacks.

VickieLou- You're doing awesomely staying on track and you'll be in the 230s in no time.

MsPerception- Sorry to hear about your shin I hope you start feeling better.

My Michelle- Congrats on you 60 day mark. Keep rocking on!

Mystical- I wouldn't stress about the 1IB if I were you. You are doing great don't pile undue stress on yourself.

LouisaH- thanks for the WIll Power Dust I sure am going to need it this weekend. Enjoy the beer, Oktoberfest comes only once a year.

CandyLove- I here you on the diet coke girl. Good luck on meeting your goals.

For me this weekend I plan to make it to the gym Saturday which will make my gym attendance for this week five times. I've been trying to work in the gym whenever possible. :ebike: (FYI: I hate doing the bike at the gym)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/tiny04/lb/250/130/146/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

julie99s
10-08-2010, 09:54 PM
My Michelle, congrats on your 60 days binge free. That is amazing! I can't even imagine. I am so bad with food sometimes. You definately deserve that reward!

mystical, you can do this. Hold your head up and keep moving on. 1 lb can leave as quickly as it comes. The body is certainly a wonder.

dollypie, way to go on your OP days! Good luck with the festival. Sounds like you'll be well prepared.

You're never too late to start a journey, candy love. We all can use all the support we can get.

So far, I'm down 1 lb this week. Don't say anything because my "official" weigh in is Sunday and I don't want that lb back lol. Still got remnants of being sick last week, so I've taken it easy this week. Workouts in the mornings, but no evening classes. I miss my zumba and bosu classes :( And to top it off, DD dropped a chair on my food and banged that up, so classes might be off limits even longer. I'm afraid to see what week 3has in store!

Marniadec
10-09-2010, 03:43 AM
MsPerception I'm so sorry to hear about your shin! I hope you start feeling better in no time!

My Michelle, that is so amazing, congratulations! I hope you have a great time shopping for your reward!

LouisaH , beer is the only alcoholic beverage I like, so I find Oktoberfest to be really important and it must be celebrated!:p I hope you have a great time! Also, I looked into the scale too and it is *so* awesome! And out of stock... And they probably won't ship it in Greece anyway. But whatever.

mystical , no need to stress, one pound is not such a big deal, just keep going and it will leave faster than it came!

julie99s Sorry to hear about your foot, did you sprain it? I hope it heals fast! And congratulations on the loss!

On Thursday, I stayed up longer than 24 hours. So, when I said that I was thinking about having a cheat day, I didn't really want to eat something, I was just thinking that I would get too hungry. Turned out, I was too busy being pissed over being sleepy to get hungry.:p Of course, having written the words "cheat day", it's all I can think of eversince... I also lost two pounds yesterday, which always makes me want to eat everything that is edible, so yeah. It's my best friend's birthday today, so I think I'll give in and hopefuly get back on track tomorrow...

And now, on to the good news: Yesterday, I went shopping with some friends. One of them takes *hours* to shop, so I got bored and started looking at the clothes, which I haven't done in 5 years, because I know they won't fit. Well, I found a hoodie that I loved and I tried the XL on. It fit! It was actually loose! And I even managed to squeeze myself into size L! I was so happy! On my way out of the shop, I lost my grandma's wedding ring and the silver band that I wear on top of it. The silver band used to be too small and it had created a scar on my finger. And yesterday I had to buy a third band to keep the other 2 in place! Then I got home and tried all my clothes on (yeah, all my 4 pairs of jeans and 6 tops). I can take all the pants off without unbuttoning and the tops are huge. Then I weighed myself and it turns out, I lost two pounds and hit my second mini-goal! I am officialy on the first degree of obesity. I'm thirty pounds away from no longer being obese and I'm one week ahead of schedule!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I'm so sorry that this post is so huge, but I'm so happy! Up until this week, I hadn't even realised how smaller I had gotten! Oh, God, I really hope I can keep going like this!:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

susiemartin
10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Yesterday wasn't a good day for my food. :( I ate way too much.
To make matters worse I haven't exercised for 3 days. My weight loss is stalling.

I'm going to make sure I exercise today & planned out the next 5 days of my meals.

Hope your day is a good one.

Ms Perception
10-10-2010, 12:08 AM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
pinkflower-Lose 6 lbs/Weigh 145 or less
candy love-Get out of the 200's, Stay under 1300 cals/day, Drink 6 glasses of water (or other approved beverage) daily, Only eat btw 7 a.m.-7 p.m.

Ms Perception
10-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Been busy and haven't gooten on here for a couple days. Quick update...I've stalled, but it's all me. Went to a wedding tonight and ate too much. Thankfully the shin is a little less painful now, so I can manage some yardwork without hurting too badly. There's swelling just above my ankle where the pain in centered. It's definitely either severe shin splints or a stress fracture. Either way, running is basically out for a month or 2. I do have some alternatives, many of which LouisaH mentioned. It's tough to transition for me since I'm so used to just getting out and running. That will be the project this week...making a new routine. Gotta get to bed now...I'm fading fast!

Rosinante
10-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Please can I play this month?
Aim: to lose 7lbs

Sept 30th 177.2
Oct 10th 174.9 ~ 2.3lbs gone

My Michelle
10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm having a great weekend, but I might have overdone the exercise yesterday and I'm really sore today. I've been pulling clothes out of my closet and trying them on (just like Marniadec was, maybe there is something in the air!) and I'm so thrilled to find so many of them fit now! :carrot: Still sneaking up on the 50 pounds lost mark, I was hoping to get there this week, but the ways of the scale are mysterious!

mystical - If I remember correctly, Thanksgiving is tomorrow for you! Hang in there! You can do it!

dollypie - Congrats on Four days (probably FIVE by the time you read this!)! That's wonderful! I hope you made it through the festival alright! You're so close to getting that reward pedicure!

LouisaH - Hope you enjoyed Octoberfest! I haven't been to one of those in forever, I should see if any are in my area, it sounds like fun! I'm not a huge beer fan, so the alcohol wouldn't be my problem, all that icky fair food would be my problem. I loved that kind of junk growing - give me a greasy sausage sandwich and a funnel cake and I was in heaven, lol.

VickieLou - Congrats on being 4.2 pounds down, you're doing great!

candy love - Welcome! Nice job setting your goals! I have a time when the "kitchen is closed" also, definitely helps me!

WinterJinx - Hope you got all your arms and legs back onto the wagon and are having a great, on-plan weekend! TOM always makes it harder! I'm sure you hit your "5 Time To The Gym" goal for the week!

julie99s - I hope your "official" weigh-in is good today! And I hope your foot is recovering so you can rejoin your zumba and bosu classess!

Marniadec - Congrats on the 2 pound loss and the triumph over the clothes :carrot::carrot:! That is so awesome! I hope you enjoy your friend's birthday and are able to get right back on track afterwards, you can do it!

susiemartin - hang in there, you can pull it all together with planning and exercise! I hope your weekend is going well and you are feeling back in the grooooove!

MsP - Anyone who can run a marathon can come up with a good alternate plan for exercise, so make it happen Ms Thing! I know that injury must be frustrating, but a bunch of cross-training will probably be great for your body and the couple of months of recuperation will fly by!

Rosinante - Welcome!

julie99s
10-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Official weigh in day... 229 :)
Down 3 from last week and in the 220s now. Yay! I'm glad it's coming off because I struggled last month.

Just a quickie today. I'm exhausted, didn't sleep much last night. I'll be back later for personals :)

TERAPET
10-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi all-Sadness alert-this is not about weight loss so you may not want to read it. It has been a very rough week. Jingle had lung cancer and each day was more difficult than the previous. I put him down yesterday. susiemartin-there was a line in your blog entry that sustained me through the agony of last week-eventually you have to say good bye to everything. Thanks for that. Thanks to all of you for your kind words this week. This is a very supportive thread. You all kind of amaze me. Jingle was one of those adorable, sweet gentle dogs that lived to play and be petted. I loved him tremendously and will always miss him but I am grateful and privileged to have enjoyed his company for our 13 years together.

Okay-so in an effort to get back to everyday life- other stuff happened this week. I had a job interview on Thursday and a job offer on Friday. I start work on Tuesday. I am a bit disconcerted about it. I have had five months off work. The only downside was lack of funds and looking for a job. Now it is back to the rat race. Really I am happy but a part of me is going to miss the freedom of not working. The other part is going to be ecstatic about that paycheck! I hope it goes well. My last job was pretty stressful due to the boss and the economy. The people I interviewed with seem wonderful so hopefully that will be the case.

Two huge events in one week. Somehow I pretty much maintained. I was just putting one foot in front of the other all week so I ate the way I usually do except for some extra alcohol last Sunday and yesterday. I guess next week will be crazy too with adjusting to a new schedule. I have a long commute so I don't know what to do about exercise. Day at a time. I will try to get back to personals this week but please forgive me if it takes some time for me to get in the new groove. I am still reading most of the posts and am very pleased to read about your successes and hard work.

lindalee9
10-10-2010, 12:46 PM
My goal for Oct is to lose 7lbs.

SW: 200.0
CW: 197.0
GW: 193

candy love
10-10-2010, 01:39 PM
My Michelle - That's a good idea, think I may keep some bottled water on me or around so that I have no excuse to go near the kitchen :D Oh and congrats on the clothes that's amazingggg :D Everyone is such an inspiration to me here I can't wait till I can fit into (the majority) of clothes I have stuck at the back of my wardrobe :D

TERAPET - I'm so sorry for your loss it must be so difficult :( Though I'm so pleased for you with the new job, well done I hope you love it there :D

julie99s - 220's!!!! I'm so proud that's such a great acheivement!!!

susiemartin - I like to plan ahead too it makes my day so much easier, I always fall off track if I don't plan ahead, good luck with your next weigh in hun I'm sure you'll do brilliantly!!!!!

Ms Perception - I'm so sorry you're hurt just now, it's good it's healing now though, hope you're back as new soon :D

Rosinante & lindalee9 - Welcomeee :D I'm just starting here on this thread to it's really helping me stick to my goals :D Love it here :D

Todays not been too bad, I had a chippy tea with the parents, totally unhealthy but I've stuck to under 1,300cals, had 2 cans of diet coke but feeling sick after the chippy tea so I'ma stick to water for the rest of the day, tried exercising for the first time in foreverrrrr yesterday and could barely do 10minutes so I'm going to just have to stick to it and hope for the best, going to weigh myself every Friday, I became a bit of a weighing junkie a while back and it was so off putting seeing the scale jump up and down all the time so I'm sticking to once a week :D Hope everyones day is going well, I'll write again tomorrow :D

susiemartin
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
It has been a very rough week. Jingle had lung cancer and each day was more difficult than the previous. I put him down yesterday.
:hug:

susiemartin
10-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Check In Time

Ugh....I've been binging for about 3 days. I feel really fat & thirsty from all the carbs I've eaten.
Heaven only knows what I'll weigh tomorrow morning. I'm dreading the scale.
I wanted to check in here as soon as my binge was over and recommit to weight loss. Nothing like a dose of reality.

My Michelle - I'm going to take a clue from you and start counting binge free days.

Ms Perception
10-10-2010, 10:48 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
candy love-Get out of the 200's, Stay under 1300 cals/day, Drink 6 glasses of water (or other approved beverage) daily, Only eat btw 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs

Ms Perception
10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
I reposted the list to include our newest joiners. Today was busy and I'm still not eating right, but tomorrow I will plan out the week and will stick to plan so I can see some results this month, for heaven's sake!!! I'm too tired to do anything tonight. My eyes are dry and I just need a really good night's sleep.

TERAPET-I'm so sorry Jingles is no longer with you, but I'm sure the memories will always be stored away in your heart. Congratulations on the new job! That is a lot to manage emotionally at once, but hopefully you are right in assuming the people are going to be pleasant to work with. I'll pray for a smooth transition for you!

susiemartin-I'm glad your nipping this binge streak in the bud! Good idea marking the binge free days, like My Michelle. I love when we can get good ideas from each other to help us stay on track.

I'm off to bed already. I look forward to a successful OP week this week. It's time!!!

WinterJinx
10-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I've been on OP this week and even made it to the gym saturday, so all is well. I won't be weighing in until tomorrow so I hope I lost some weight but I won't get my hopes up.

TERAPET - sorry to here about your lose but congradualations on your new job. :hug:

LouisaH
10-11-2010, 03:16 AM
TERAPET: I like to imagine that something wonderful, like a new job you will love, comes to you at a time when you need it most. Hopefully it will be the perfect counterpoint to the sadness in your life and will help you be busy while time is healing your grief. Congratulations on the job, and condolences on the loss of Jingles. He'll live on in your memories and stories about him forever.

candy love: don't let 10 minutes of exercise discourage you. Celebrate that you started and track your progress. You'll be amazed at how quickly your stamina and your abilities will increase (not as quickly as it goes away when you stop, so for god's sake keep going, lol!).

susie martin: I hope it's out of your system and you're able to get back to business. The sugar/carb combo is like a drug in the bloodstream. Go cold turkey baby, and get them out! (I think I was just talking to myself)...good luck!

Marniadec: good for you on the clothes! I loved that aspect of weight loss--the anticipation of getting into the clothes in my closet and drawers. "Shopping" from your own wardrobe was fun. Now all those clothes are too big for me. I'm not complaining, but I miss having a few pieces of clothing to try on that were closer and closer to fitting. Now I have to go BUY everything, and don't want to spend any more money until I'm done losing.

I did fine at the Oktoberfest event Friday night--danced like a fool to Brave Combo. They are sooo much fun. Went to an Oktoberfest party on Saturday night and went way over my cals even though I didn't feel like I ate that much (the scales confirmed it by being up a pound though). Today I did much better and really hope to get back in the groove of weight loss rather than just maintaining. Why is this so hard?

susiemartin
10-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Check In Time

LouisaH It's "cold turkey" time alright. No more "stuffing" for me.

My face is really puffy this morning and my weight has skyrocketed to 231.6 :fr:

I'm planning an OP day with a really long walk. Got to find a better way to handle stress (good & bad) ;)

TERAPET
10-11-2010, 09:16 AM
I truly appreciate your kind responses to Jingle's passing. It really is very healing.

I have to go clothes shopping today for something to wear to work. My past job was very casual and besides everything was size 16. I am still getting used to the idea of returning to work tomorrow. Yikes!

susiemartin-Sorry to hear about the binging obstacle. Your past weight loss is a testament to your fortitude. Stay the course and you will get there. I hope you have some lovely fall weather to accompany your long walk today.

candylove-I smiled when I read chippy tea in your post and then I had to google it. What a cute name but sounds like a difficult place to keep the calories down-but yummy!

msperception-How is the shin? I hope it is getting better everyday. It must be difficult for you not to be running. In the meanwhile, hopefully it will be nice for you to focus on the eating plan.

WinterJinx-I hope the scale was kind today. Good for you for following your plans this week.

LouisaH-Ocktoberfest-WooHoo! Did you drink a lot of beer? Alas, my high volume drinking days are behind me-my poor tummy will not allow it! Sounds like fun though.

starbrite
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi all. 4lbs gone, another 6 to go this month !
Terapet - suh a terrible thing to lose a furry friend. I have two choccy lab that I adore - I can't bear to think about losing one of them. Stay strong x

WinterJinx
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm so jazzed I got on the scale this morning and found that I lost three pounds. I just might actually make it to my goal this month. I haven't been making it to any of my goals in the past couple of months.
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

I really think it was this forum that made all the difference because I had a group to account to....so oodles of thank yous to everyone. :hug:

:m: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-purp/bee01/lb/0/16/3/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/):m:

dollypie
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
All right 4lbs down!!!! I did really good at the festival on Saturday so i got my pedicure and I feel great. Even made it to the gym this morning. Okay so now I need to get a salad for lunch...going to eat Mexican food so no enchiladas for me!

My Michelle
10-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Terapet: I'm so sorry for your loss, I've been thinking about you both.

TERAPET
10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
starbrite-thank you for the kind thoughts. I still have Jingle's litter mate. Her name is Belle. She is handling things well but I kind of expected that because she is a very independent thing who loves the outdoors. Jingle was my cuddly, sweetie pie. Now we all keep trying to shower Belle with attention and she is a bit perplexed about the fuss.

MyMichelle-I appreciate your thinking of me. It was really, really terrible. Today I can actually manage to think about him a little bit without crying. I miss him so much but I try to keep really busy and be a grown up about it. It is the only way through it. But it was so nice of all of you to prop me up during the last sad and awful week.

TERAPET
10-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Woah-a little quiet around here. I started my new job today. It was pretty cool so far. Time will tell. Ended up downing a couple of glasses of wine after work though. That and no exercise is not going to work. This will take a while to get used to.

Ms Perception
10-12-2010, 11:52 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
susiemartin-Weigh daily, Reach 220 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs

Ms Perception
10-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Woke up at 4 a.m. yesterday with flu type symptoms...nausea, feverish, etc. It eased as the day went on, but got no exercise...ate better though. Today I felt better and went for over a 2 mile walk this morning and my shin wasn't thrilled with it, but it wasn't terrible either. I managed a set of sit-ups and push-ups, so at least I wasn't a slug today! Ate fine also...got food planned for the rest of the week....PROGRESS!

LouisaH
10-13-2010, 12:39 AM
MsP: Good work on keeping things moving delicately.

TERAPET: Congrats on starting the new job. You'll get in the swing of things soon. I'm still sending you happy thoughts to move you through the grieving. I still can cry waaay too easily about my cat of 14 years who disappeared two years ago, and I am not a particularly sappy person.

starbrite, WinterJinx and dollypie: Wowza chicklets, you are rockin' it! Good for you; how inspiring!

susiemartin: how's it going? Are the sugar and carbs calling to you or have you been able to turn your back on them?

I didn't exercise yesterday. Needed a break. I did okay yesterday and today on eating, and am on my way back down to the 150.6 number that peeked out from the scale last month--it was like groundhog day. But the trend is going downward, so I hope to be out of the the 150s before long. It sounds so unreal to me. I think I was 14 years old and two inches shorter when I weighed in the 140s before.

susiemartin
10-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Check In Time
Ms. P Could you please change my weight goal to 220 for October? I think that's a realistic and doable goal at this point.

My weight is down this morning but I'm still not 100% OP & can't claim a non binge day yet. I'm making progress though.

Planning for an OP day today.

Hope your day is a good one

Ms Perception
10-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Good morning all!

I have a full day of house cleaning/organizing and more yardwork to do. We put in more grass seed over the weekend and since we aren't getting rain, I have to actually water it. We were so blessed with rain in the spring, we had very little work to do in terms of watering...not so fortunate this time around. Have a healthy happy day, ladies! Treat yourself right!! I'm trying to do the same. ;)

candy love
10-13-2010, 02:41 PM
hey all, haven't posted in a few days, I've been lurking more than anything :/ I think I've developed some sort of fear of the scale, finding it really hard to lose anything because I'm on the bc jab, I know it's more self control than anything but it just seems like an endless pit of doom sometimes, so I'm setting a new short term goal to pick up the courage to weight myself...

On another note I've stuck to my goals all week, still don't feel like I've lost anything but it's a start :D I still need to find the energy to exercise though, all the motivations there just need to find a new diet plan that'll give me more energy but still stick to my calorie intake, so I'm off to do some research and see if I have time to write up a weekly diet plan :)

Hope everyone is well :D

My Michelle
10-14-2010, 04:20 PM
We must all be pensive right now, it is so quiet! I finally hit the 50 pound loss mark today, so I'm happy about that!

JasonsLea
10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
:wave: everyone!

I'm without my laptop temporarily and I totally forgot to post my WI from last Friday which was -5 lbs....which was my goal for October....so yeah. I hit it. :D

New mini semester starts on Monday. All computer courses for me so easy-peasy. I got into it with my landlord so I have to find another place to live next month. I'm actually relieved. Ready for my own space again.

Hoping for another loss tomorrow! :crossed:

Congrats on 50 lbs gone forever My Michelle!

:grouphug:

susiemartin
10-14-2010, 08:22 PM
I finally hit the 50 pound loss mark today, so I'm happy about that!
Congratulations :carrot:

TERAPET
10-14-2010, 11:12 PM
WooHoo MyMichelle-you are awesome! Fifty pounds is amazing.

Another day in on the job. It is so cool to be going to work again. Things are a bit frustrating there but I have high hopes that I can really contribute to their success soon. Plus, I was able to leave earlier today and go to the Y for step class today. It was so great to work out. I talked to them about leaving earlier from now on. I already am the first one in everyday by about two hours. (They have been a little too easy on themselves.) Tomorrow I have the day off to go to Florida for my daughter's Parents Weekend at college. I am so excited to go see her. Have a great weekend girls.

Marniadec
10-15-2010, 08:02 AM
This has been the week from ****... College classes started and as I'm trying to complete 2 semesters in one, I've been SO busy... Most days I live home at 9 in the morning and come home at 10 at night. And I also had to run 6734657656756456878 errands this week. And my left knee has been hurting a lot, so naturally, I hurt my right ankle. I can't say that I've exercised, but I've still been walking everywhere and I've climbed 346546278929374878967 staircases, which my knees did NOT appreciate. Oh, well. It'll get better soon. At least I lost 2 more pounds, but I suspect it may be more because TOM is here and I feel SO swollen... And now I'm off to lunch and then the library.

susiemartin
10-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Check In Time
Yesterday was 100% OP :carrot:
Planning for another one today.

Hope your day is a good one :)

Ms Perception
10-15-2010, 10:36 AM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs

Ms Perception
10-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Good morning, everyone!

My Michelle- :dancer: :congrat: :dancer: On the 50 lb mark! That's a big milestone in your journey! You've been so steadfast, I really admire your dedication to your health. Keep up the good work!

JasonsLea- :cheer: Yay on meeting your October goal! :cheer:

susiemartin-Great job having a 100% OP day! :carrot: I bet it felt fantastic.

Marniadec-Sounds like a crazy week, but just focus on the good things and this, too, shall pass. :hug: Take good care of yourself!

candy love-Best wishes on finding the right plan for you. :book2: Think of what you're doing that IS working and be thankful for that. You can do it! You're already sticking to your goals, which is wonderful! :cp:

Things are getting back on track here. I am eating pretty well and doing at least mild exercise almost every day. I sound like such a beginner, but I'm not gonna worry about comparing myself to anything. I know the second half of this month will be good for me. Today will be very active with a walk (pulling the younger kids in the wagon), playing at the park with the kids, going to the pumpkin patch and doing the fun stuff there (goal: do NOT get lost in the corn maze!)... We are eating out with my parents afterwards :hungry: , but I will make good choices and all the activity is meant to burn lots of calories so I can enjoy the meal worry free! Have a happy healthy weekend, all!

candy love
10-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey guys :D I'm starting a Zumba class this Wednesday comming I'm really excited but a bit scared (really hate working out with other people, judgement and all :() Anyways I'm hoping that it'll help shift all these extra lbs *fingers crossed* :lol:

Oh and I'm starting to use my everyday life to keep stuck to my goals, like during college I won't eat because when I'm comming home to have dinner there's really no need, also instead of leaving all my coursework till the last minute I just get it done (me and coursework have a love/hate relationship :p) Just keeping busy is the key for me, and if there's nothing else to do I'll just start cleaning things that don't need cleaned :cool:

Hope everyone's well :hug:

WinterJinx
10-15-2010, 08:06 PM
I've been OP for the past week or two so things are going good. I won't being weighing in for another 5 days though....my fingers are crossed. I've been busy doing papers and studing for mid-terms but am still making it to the gym. Typically I have to go early in the morning to make it its the entire opposite of my summer. Summer time I typically went at night.

Anywho I'm rambling...have a good weekend girls.

My Michelle - Way to go on reaching the 50 pds loss mark
JasonsLea - Congrats on reaching your October Goal!
Terapet- I'm glad you're jazzed about your new job. Have fun at parents weekend.
Marniadec- Hang in there and good luck with school.
Susiemartin - Way to go on staying OP - keep up the good work!
CandyLove - Have Fun in Zumba Class - I have been thinking about signing up for Zumba at my gym but chicken-out at the idea of group excercise.
MsP- Glad to here your shin is better and don't worry about what others think you were injuried you need to build yourself up again.

:spid::dracula::badbat::haphal::badbat::dracula::s pid:

starbrite
10-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Hey guys :wave:
Hanging on in there - down to 224 so just another 4 lbs to go to hit my mark. However TOM is just about to rear his ugly head, so who knows :o

My Michelle
10-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Thanks for celebrating the 50 pound mark with me gang, it is so exciting! I'm particularly happy that when THIS New Year's Eve finally rolls around I'll actually be happy about where I stand instead of feeling miserable about once again failing to lose any weight for the year. I'm going to hold tight to the image of a happy me making more healthy resolutions to get me through the upcoming holidays, I don't want all my hard work unravel!

Congrats JasonsLea on reaching your October goal already, YOU ROCK! You must feel so good about that! :carrot:

TERAPET - I hope you are enjoying parent's weekend, and I'm glad the new job is being flexible about your schedule. I love step classes, too!

Marniadec - Wow, you have alot on your plate! And even with TOM you already lost 2lbs (with more probably to show on the scale soon!)! That's amazing! Good job hanging tough through all that stress and crazy!

susiemartin - You are an OP goddess! So consistent, very inspiring!

Ms Perception - Thanks for the high-fives! You don't sound like a "beginner" at all! Part of being a runner is knowing how to recuperate from injuries, you're doing great! I hope you had a great time at the park and a lovely dinner!

candy love - I have never taken zumba, but it sounds really fun! Good job are sticking to good food and school habits! They will definitely payoff on the scale AND on your grade reports!

WinterJinx - congrats on being OP for such a nice, long stretch! :carrot: I'm sure the scale will reflect your hard work! Good luck on your midterms!

starbrite - You're so close, only 4 pounds, whoo hoo! TOM will come and then go and hopefully whoosh away some extra water! You're doing great!

susiemartin
10-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Morning All :)
Yesterday was OP - planning for another today.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

Lewisempire
10-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Happy Saturday Ladies! I have been a mess lately! off track, crazy busy, and stressed......so I am gonna do my best to buckle down and get back in control before I am too far gone. Thanks for Always being here with a life line. My Goal for the remaining time in October is going to be log food daily, lose 5 pounds. (That will put me at 204.6)
MSP-Congrats on your marathan! YOU ARE THE WOMAN!
Candy Love- I hope you love Zumba as much as I do! I have seen some awesome results. Make sure you take a lot of water with you, and a towel! You will be sweating! LOL
Gotta run ladies hope everyone is on plan today.

Ms Perception
10-16-2010, 11:51 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 10 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs
Lewisempire-Log food daily, Lose 5 lbs

Ms Perception
10-16-2010, 11:55 PM
LE-Sooo good to see your smiling face again! :cheers: Here's to starting fresh!!

Just a quick post to check-in... enjoying a quiet night in with dh. ;)

Marniadec
10-17-2010, 07:52 PM
I finally had the time to go back and read. Usually, I'd come here, go to the first unread post and then fall asleep, or something.:p

My Michelle, congratulations on losing 50 pounds!:congrat: It just proves that you can do it!:carrot:

JasonsLea, congrats on making your goal so soon!:carrot:

TERAPET, I hope you enjoyed the weekend with your daughter!

candy love, I have some Zumba dvd's and they seemed a lot of fun! You'll probably enjoy it!:D

So, TOM left and turns out I lost 4 pounds after all. I think I'm actually enjoying being so busy and productive, after having done almost nothing for 2 years in a row, regardless of how much I whine about it.:p My poor cats are probably not enjoying it so much, though. I do come home to feed them and they have toys and each other, but they seem to miss me...:(

layddi
10-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Good morning ladies!
I've been MIA for awhile, had to go out of town on Family Emergency, was not OP but didnt do that bad (So I'm thinking) just got back to work today, will report my weight tomorrow morning "YIKES."
Looks like everybody doing pretty good, keep up the good work.

2Bees
10-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok I was so pleased to do the September exercise challenge-it was a really motivational tool-that I will try this. I am pretty steadily losing a pound a week on the Sonoma plan but I will try for a 5 lb goal in October. That will put me at 199 First time below 200 in 10 years.

I usually only record weight once a week so I will start with Sunday the 3rd and record 5 Sundays. MY exercise goal for the month is 50 miles plus some video exercise.

Oct 3 204
Oct 10 203

I'm up to 44 miles on exercise and down to 201 on weight-goooo October:carrot:

Ms Perception
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Quiet day today! I'm doing okay but lots going on, so I can't post much. I'm NOT losing weight and should probably get more exercise and eat better. Will get on that ASAP. ;)

LouisaH
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Hiya Chicklets, I've been away from the computer most of the weekend, so haven't gotten to check in. I had dinner out at friends' houses both Saturday and Sunday nights, plus friends in town on Friday, so I've been eating away from home for most of my meals and the scales are reflecting it, dang it! I've been working out like a banshee, so I know I'm keeping it in check, but gosh golly darnit (I think that's the PC version of what I'm really thinking, someone correct me if I'm wrong), I am ready to beat feet out of the 150s and just can't make myself stick to the plan long enough to do it. But I have looked at my past three months of weigh ins (I have an Excel spreadsheet), and I'm essentially down a pound each month, so I should be to goal in a year, lol.

MsP: I hear ya. I am not losing weight and need to get on that ASAP to give myself a buffer for the holidays!

LE: thank goodness you're back! I thought we'd lost you! Remember to come back HERE to de-stress!

2Bees: that's fantastic! You might make nearly double your goal for October, and will be well into Onederland by the 31st. Wahoo!

layddi: welcome back, hope everything is okay and you get back to the swing of things quickly and painlessly.

Marniadec: I'm with you. I sometimes get so far behind on this forum that I only have time to read, but not post, because I want to do personals, but as long as we keep coming back, we'll be fine. Congrats on the 4 pound loss.

susiemartin: you're back full steam on those on-plan days, good for you! Doesn't it feel better? Now how'd you do it? lol.

My Michelle: good work on the 50 pounds. What an achievement, and I will be celebrating New Year's with the same happy attitude as you this year--go us!

candy love: I'm an at-home zumba junky. Go to You Tube and download some Zumba in Hickory NC videos to give yourself a little practice before Wednesday, and look at a lot of the people in the back who aren't afraid to look uncoordinated in public because nobody cares and nobody is judging you--everyone is just there to get some exercise and have fun! Enjoy it.

I weighed in at 153.2 today, up 1.4 from yesterday, but the meal last night was worth it (Moroccan bastilla). All the wine, not so much. This season of cooking and eating is going to do me in! Okay, now I've blathered enough to make up for the days I missed. Have a good week everyone.

TERAPET
10-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi Ladies,

I had a great time at Parents Weekend. Definitely had too much to eat but now I am back on the wagon. I also made it to the Y after work today. I didn't have the energy for my former two classes on Mondays, but it was great to get on a new schedule that includes my classes.

This weekend my dear brother-in-law had a bad heart attack. He is only 52. Thankfully he is okay and already home and working on recovery. However, it just shows how important it is to take our diet and exercise seriously. I am sure my b-i-law will get in shape now but it would be far better to lose the weight before anything like a heart attack.

LouisaH-Sounds like a fun food weekend. Good for you for holding the line by upping the exercise.

2Bees-You are almost there!

MsP-I am struggling with the weight loss lately also. Hopefully we will get past it soon.

layddi
10-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Chickies, unfortunatly it's not a good one for me. I had a bad day yesturday, you know one of those days that you start off good, then you eat something bad and it all goes down hill from there.....? will it's TOM n wanted something salty will I did and some
"ALL NIGHT LONG!" Whaaaaa-haaaa"

MsP-I've gained 4 pounds! whaaaa-haaa, I guess put me down for 12.
LouisaH-I feel your fustration, I'm with you girl!
Tearapet-Sorry about your B in-law, but your right, we must look after our health.

I'm hoping it's because I havnt really been drinking all my water. I'm hanging on by a thread (to Onderland) But today is a new day and as the song goes "I will survive!"
Ok that was a bit cheesey.
Hope all of you are doing better.

My Michelle
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
This month seems to be flying by at the same time as it is dragging on forevvvvvvver!! My aura must be all outta whack or something!

Layddi - I'm sorry you had such a rough day! TOM always brings with it the strong cravings, it is such a trial! Put the day behind you and keep marching forward!

TERAPET - Glad you had fun at parents' weekend! I'm sorry to hear about your BIL, it does make you stop and think about how important it is to make healthy choices for my than just aesthetics!

LouisaH - Down is down, so a pound a month is really more like being down -20 for not gaining! If you beat feet outta of the 150s maybe I can finalllly move into them! I want to be in the lower end of the 150s by the end of the year, so SHOO! ;)

Marniadec - congrats on those 4 pounds, whoo hoo!That is awesome, a whoosh like that is just incredible! LOVE IT!

MsP - Hope your recuperation is going well!

arethachick
10-19-2010, 03:42 PM
The past is over. Don't let past failings get you down.

LouisaH
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I've worked really hard at being slightly under my cals and working out hard to get back down from the weekend of gourmet eating, and the scales today must not have gotten the memo because I 'm still up even more than two days ago. Perseverance.

TERAPET: My goodness, that is scary news about your brother in law. Thank goodness he was given a second chance to make positive changes in his life.

My Michelle: You will definitely reach the 150s before I get out of them! Come on, catch up; at my rate we'll be getting into the 140s together. It'll be a party.

layddi: that water will help when you find that you've started and can't stop. Drink a big glass and your stomach will feel full, so there's only so much more you can eat. You're likely retaining a ton of water from all that salt too, so drink lots of water today, and it will go away quickly. Don't fret, you can do it!

Happy Wednesday everyone.

starbrite
10-21-2010, 02:40 AM
Morning ladies :dancer:
Ms Perception please turn my goal red! 10.1 lbs lost this month :)

My Michelle
10-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Wow Starbrite, CONGRATULATIONS! Great job, you should be so proud of yourself! :bravo:

susiemartin
10-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Congratulations Starbrite :carrot: You're doing it!!

Last couple of days haven't been 100% OP :(
I've been in the Halloween candy :devil: and haven't walked for 3 days. I need to check and tighten up my attitude and motivation or I won't make my New Year's Day Goal.

I'm planning an OP day today wit a nice long walk. I really need to see the scale start moving under 225.

layddi
10-21-2010, 11:04 AM
CONGRADULATIONS STARBRITE!!!!
Way to go!
I'm trying to stay OP, but I'm begining to think, I'm a Self-Sabotager" because once someone says "Hey..your losing weight..." then I say to my self "really" then I just start going nuts on food...... what's that all about... but I know this....

Susiemartin- I know what you mean, for me... every year it starts in October, when everyone around the office starts bringing candy, cake, cupcakes, muffins and not to mention chocolates, all up until New Years. Of course when everyone decides to go on a diet for the New Year....uuuhhhh...

Ok, (deep breath) I will not give in this year "I am a Chick In Control"
Hope everyone is doing fine and staying OP... Good luck ladies!

Marniadec
10-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Congratulations, Starbrite!:congrat: You're doing great!

layddi, I know how you feel! The first thing that crosses my mind when I somehow realize that I've lost, the first thing that crosses my mind is food! When I weigh myself in the morning it's fine, because I'm always in a hurry to have breakfast and go to class, so then I have the chance to either change my mind until lunch or adjust my plan to include a hamburger and fries, or whatever it is that I want. But if like, a friend makes a comment about my pants, or something and to me it translates as "you are free to eat half the pizzas that are made in Thessalonki in a month for dinner and a waffle with ice-cream for dessert" that's harder. Now, I usually distract myself and then I walk really fast until I get home. If by then, I've settled down to something specific that I want to eat and it's not leaving my mind, I plan it in. As time goes by, it becomes easier not to give in.

Hi guys, I'm skipping college!:carrot: I also met my goal for this month!:cheer2: I actually lost 11 pounds, but I always round up for some reason, so it looks like I lost 10, whatever.:p

layddi
10-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Marniadec!
you just gave me an idea "Statagies!"
The scale has never been my friend so I'm not an everyday weigher...
Maybe I should make it my friend and weigh myself every morning??? maybe that will keep me on track, so I'll no where I'm at...
I'm gonna try it for a week.

As they say "Keep your friends close and your enemies CLOSER" -LOL

My Michelle
10-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Candy, candy everywhere, the holiday season is really in swing now!

People are also baking their butts off, ahhhhhhhhhhhh...... I just want to hide in the bathroom at work so I don't have to look at it everywhere!

julie99s
10-21-2010, 06:29 PM
So, I apologize for being MIA. I've not fallen off the wagon, I'm just not really online for any extended period lately. I'm still logging food. I'm still exercising. I was down to 229. Sunday's weigh in put me at 230. Boo. But, I suppose, still 7 lbs lighter than when I started.

I'm going to attempt personals now. Forgive me if I miss anyone, I'm going to go back a few pages.

Congrats on hitting your Oct. goal, JasonsLeigh! Fantastic!

MyMichelle, way to go on 50 lbs lost. What a wonderful milestone! I hear you about the holiday baking too. I am one of those people. Baking is my happy place. There's nothing quite as relaxing to me as getting lost in a cookbook and creating something wonderful out of a few simple ingredients. I do, however, wait to bake until I'm sure I can pawn the majority of the goodies on someone else :devil:

Candy love, how was zumba?

Congrats on your 4 lb loss, Marniadec. In spite of that mean ol' TOM.

Way to go on hitting your goal this month, starbrite! Keep it up!

Layddi, I don't like the scale either. Sometimes it can really sabotage my efforts. I weigh every few days, and my official day is Sunday.

TERAPET
10-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Congrats Starbrite & Marniadec on reaching goal. Way to go!

I am pretty much holding my own. Hopefully when I get used to my new schedule I will do better.

julie99s
10-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Terapet, I forgot to ask. How is the job going?

My Michelle
10-22-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm finally into the 150s today, yayayay! I'm so excited, I feel like writing the number on my forehead!

Layddi - I weigh every day and it definitely keeps me focused. It does take some time to get used to fluctuations!

Julie99 - You people and your awesome baking skills! :) It seems like I'm surrounded by people who are really excellent cooks and bakers, it definitely makes it harder to resist when everything looks so delicious. Plus, the people in my office really want me to at least try ONE of whatever it is they've made, and I can't do that. So I'm a big disappointment to them, lol!

Marniadec - WOW! Congratulations, 11 pounds! That is just awesome!

Ms Perception
10-22-2010, 01:50 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Lose 5 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 12 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs

Ms Perception
10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Excellent job, ladies! I love seeing RED on the goal list!!

I am trying to stay sane with food today. I can SO relate to those who were talking about both this time of year (and all the related temptations) and just having those days when you eat well in the morning and then you eat one bad thing at lunch and it snowballs! INSANITY!!! I'm hoping to hop off the Insane Train. It makes far too many stops at my house lately! LOL For the record, I am up 2.4 pounds for the month. Dang it! Walk away from the baked goods, Jessica (that's me ;)), and no one will get hurt!!

julie99s
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I can't tell you how many times I have to stop and tell myself the food isn't going anywhere, it won't get up and walk away, when I'm on the verge of binging. It works sometimes. Those days I eat one not so friendly thing and figure I screwed it all up so I may as well send the day out with a bang suck. They're called weekends around here. You'd think with a Sunday weigh in, I'd behave! Oh well. Still a work in progress.

Marniadec
10-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks! I guess that's the upside about being over 200 pounds.:p I'm kinda dreading getting smaller. I don't even want to imagine how it will be when the weight loss process will slow down. But it's so awesome to see my new clothes getting big already! I fit comfortably into my size L t-shirt, even with an other shirt underneath and I need a belt for my dress!:carrot: Also, I have to go to my parents' house for 2 weeks. Boo! I better not decide to ~just maintain~ while I'm there! I'm 13 days ahead of schedule and I'd like for it to stay that way!

It must be so hard to have a holiday season that lasts this long!:( But Halloween is so awesome! I think I might like it more than I like Easter and I don't even celebrate it!:p I don't have to worry until late December. Then I get to cry inconsollably over the most delicious cookies ever and their 340 cals a piece.:p

Ms Perception
10-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Holy cow, Marniadec. What kind of cookies are those? My worst at Christmas is going to my grandma's because I swear she dips EVERYTHING in sight in chocolate. It is amazing!!! Her treat table at Christmas is a small version of the banquet table in heaven, I think. :D I literally got sick from eating too much of it last year. It was so hard to stop, though. LOL

TERAPET
10-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Girls,

I feel for you ladies having to face the treats at work and such. That is hard. I find it far easier not to be anywhere near the vicinity of yummy treats. However if I am around it my strategy is just to tell myself it is not for me, that it "belongs" to other people. I suppose that strategy might crumble under the pressure of the givers trying to convince you that just one won't hurt anything. I know for myself though that I cannot stop at one.

Marniadec-I am curious too. What kind of cookie has 350 calories? Is it due to the size, like a Panera Bread cookie?

julie99-I love going to work again. It was kinda hard to be happy with losing Jingle at the same time but I have accepted his passing now so I feel like it is okay to be happy again. (I know that sounds weird but I loved that dog like crazy.) Anyway, the job is a mixed bag. A little bit of out of the frying pan and into the fire. It is another small business and it turns out they are not doing so hot. The owner is waiting for some events to take place that will ensure the future of the company but all that remains to be seen but is very possibly going to happen. In the meantime I have a real paycheck for a while anyway. My husband wants me to look for another job already but I rather like what I am doing and who I work with so I told him I wanted to wait at least until the new year. There is also this other matter of a domestic violence issue with the woman I work with but that is another story. I don't know what to think about that.

My Michelle
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Terapet, you are SO close to your goal That is so exciting! I'm glad you are enjoying your new job -- but when you say domestic violence issue with a woman you work with, do you mean she is violent at work, or that she is experiencing violence in her home?

MsP - Your gramma's holiday table does sound seriously like heaven!

A 350-calorie cookie makes me have an irregular heartbeat. I can easily imagine cookies that are even more calories than that, my friend makes peanut butter fudge cookies at the holidays, and they are even iced on top of that, they must be some ridiculously high calorie number.

TERAPET
10-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Fudge with frosting-Oh my! That would definitely up the calories.

My co-worker has an ex boyfriend who she convinced to leave about four months ago but still talks to him on a daily basis. I have only known her a short while so I don't know that much about the situation but what she told me was scary to me. I gave her the number to a domestic violence hot line and then she stopped talking about it.

Marniadec
10-23-2010, 05:34 PM
OMG, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING CURIOUS!:carrot::carrot::carrot: My mom had read it in a book that she had bought in the 80's. I don't know why it hadn't occured to me to google it the moment I started realizing that that book seems to be off a lot. I did today and they only have 108 calories!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Seriously, the first thing I thought when I decided to lose weight was that I won't have them on Christmas. I've been mourning them since April. I really, really like them, can you tell?:p

MsP, pastry shops started dipping everything in darkish chocolate a few years ago. Most greek desserts have syrup and it is so weird! I really don't know why they feel the need to do that... They taste good, but it seems like overkill to me.

TERAPET, that does seem scary. Hopefully she got some help when she called the hotline!:(

susiemartin
10-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Check In Time

ONE WORD - Candy:badbat:
I can't stay out of it. I'm not really gaining or losing by the week...just staying about the same :(

This happens most years. I really need to shower in some :dust:

TERAPET
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
susiemartin-well, if you are eating candy and not gaining that is not the worst case scenario.

julie99s
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Weigh in day... 228, down 2 :D

2Bees
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Oct 3 204
Oct 10 203
Oct 17 203
Oct 24 201

well I'm doing better on exercise then weight and food tracking. Had a meal out yesterday again at the National Gallery of Art atrium. buffet with pate and wonderful cheeses. Had a lovely day and walked over 4 miles so I just barely had a calorie deficit for the day. SStill scale showed a loss this am:D

Need to lose 2 lbs in the next week to make what was a pretty light goal. We shall see.

My Michelle
10-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Only 7 days left this month (counting today!)! Let's all finish STRONG!

Marniadec
10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
julie99s and 2Bees, Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep going!:carrot:

So, I had my fat percentage measured and it turns out 132 pounds (my goal weight) is too low for me. The absolute lowest I should weigh is 136. So, I have decided to make 143 my new goal. This is actually hard for me. It kind of feels like I'm giving up? Well, not exactly, I just don't know how to say it in english.:P Probably because one of the reasons why I agreed to go have the test was that I was thinking about how many pounds I have left and they seemed too many and I was getting impatient. My goal wasn't necessarily what I wanted to get to anyway, it was the absolute lowest that I wanted to be and I was pretty certain that I would stop before I got there. And I still feel like I sort of failed. Is that as stupid as I think it is?

Anyway, the good news is that I'm down to 203, which means that I've lost 50 pounds!:carrot::carrot::carrot: And I'm 5 pounds away from being halfway there! Which seems terribly wrong and I'm a failure, but still!:p:carrot::carrot::carrot:

TERAPET
10-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Marniadec-You are doing wonderful. A fifty pound loss is amazing. You are so close to onerderland!

I did okay today with food and got my step class in this evening.

Ms Perception
10-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Marniadec-Yahoo on the 50 pounds gone!!! I know what you're saying about trying to reconcile your new goal weight with what you were originally planning. I hope you're able to realize it's the right decision to shoot for a good weight for your personal body. Everyone is different. I still have to remind myself that this isn't a contest with other people my height to see if I can weight as little as they do. The goal is a healthy lifestyle for life. That's enough of a struggle. I don't need to make it more complicated for myself!!

Speaking of making things complicated for myself, I ate lunch at a buffet yesterday. I did not gorge myself, but certainly saw the damage on the scale today. Saturday and today have been OP, so that's progress. Sadly, I just want to escape the month with NO GAIN. I've managed to not eat close to bedtime, so that part of my goal isn't a wash at least.

My Michelle-Yes! Finishing strong seems like a really good idea. This week is not without its challenges, but I plan to make the best of it.

Lewisempire
10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Ladies,
Wow, I really need to get focused. Seems like every bump in the road, gets me completely side tracked.
I am re-re-re-starting today. I have been good with my exercise, but horrible with my food. My work is deleting my position, so I was faced with deciding a few issues. Long story short, I took a new position with the company rather than face dealing with unemployment through the holidays. Needless to say, my eating practices suffered. but another fresh start today, same goals as before. Thanks ladies for letting me keep coming back, and being here like a solid light-house in a storm! You ladies are just AWESOME in case noone has told you lately! gotta run, and post my food. No exceptions!!!!!!!

LouisaH
10-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey Marniac, you might be a loser, but you are no failure! Congrats on getting a free pass to finish the weight loss portion of this journey earlier! That's how I would choose to look at it, which you might find more motivating? Keep on doing what you're doing, and stay positive--failures are seldom positive people.

2Bees: buffets with pate and wonderful cheeses do me in.

susiemartin: what happened to our will power? It was so amazingly strong a few months ago and now it's frightfully difficult to stay on plan (I had to use frightfully in the post somewhere for this upcoming holiday).

My Michelle: I'm in on the finishing strong plan.

MsP: I know that need to compare myself to others of the same height. It's a great place to start to figure out where our goal weight range should be, but it's unhealthy if you obsess or forget that every body is different.

LE: Oh, I'm so sorry about the job. I hope the new position is satisfying and enjoyable. I know that is a stressful situation that makes it difficult to focus on weight loss, but the quick check-ins here will help you de-stress, AND stay focused.

I am recommitting to check in here more often. Sometimes I just come and read, but don't have the energy or time to post, and I think that is contributing to my lack of success. I was most successful at weight loss when I was on here every day, making myself accountable to you all. So now, I am on a quest for my lost will power and I intend to return to the daily check ins and posts. The scales were all over the place this past week and it was making me nuts. I saw as high as 155, and now am back at 152.8. ugh. I may see under 150 yet, but at this rate, not before October is over...

Lewisempire
10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Good morning ladies,
thanks Louisa, you are right checking/logging in is really important. I have seen Susiemartin make serious progress, and she checks in EVERY day. I need to get moving today, I did Zumba yesterday, and today i will face the Nordic track BEAST! plus a boat-load of house work.
Love you ladies,

PS-:dust: SusieMartin, THis is for you to chase off the Candy Monster!:dust:

My Michelle
10-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I met my goal for the month, I've lost 8.4 pounds for October, yayayaya! Just in the nick of time too, only a few days left. And, I ate totally clean all month, not a single off plan meal, and no "food treats" either. I worked out every day except for 3 days, so that is a good exercise month also!

I agree that checking in alot is probably helpful. I have a tendency to just lurk around alot as well, but posting definitely helps.

LouisaH
10-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Hi Chicklets, I was so gung ho that I was back on track yesterday, and today was just like the past several weeks (months?) have been. I can't stop eating at work. Even if it's just apples and mostly healthy stuff, I can't seem to stop myself. So even when I exercise for 90 minutes, I eat enough to counter all those calories burned. Aarrrgh, what is my damage?

My Michelle: woot woot! Rock on girl, that is awesome! Congratulations and keep up the good work.

LE: Hope you tackled the beast today!

I was so good yesterday and was expecting a nice fat drop on the scales this morning, but saw only .4 pound drop. I'll take it, don't get me wrong, lol! I'm going to need some serious willpower with this weekend coming up not to see the scales go back up. Keep it coming chicklets, I need the chatter to help drown out the food calling to me. Shut up food!

Marniadec
10-28-2010, 02:10 AM
My Michelle, way to go! I don't know how you managed an entire clean month, that's so awesome!

LouisaH, have you tried to see what makes you eat there? If it's stress or boredom or something? I've been constantly thinking about food since Monday, which was the last day I had classes this week. I overate Tuesday, I almost effed up *big* time yesterday and since then I've been reasoning myself to death. Now I'd rather starve than hear my lecture, lol.

Since I changed my goal (which still feels a little like cheating, btw) I have been feeling that I can loosen up a little. I've also had a **** of a lot of free time lately. And I'm going home today. So I started thinking that I have to be realistic and that I'm just going to maintain while I'm there like I always do. I went 50 calories over my limit on Tuesday and yesterday, I did this: I went to a bakery to get a piece of spinach pie for breakfast. And since it was early, they also had an other pie with feta cheese and ham in it. And I bought that, too. And I also bought chocolate milk and sour cherry juice to make it seem like it was for 2 people. And then I bought 2 bars of chocolate. What the **** is this? I rarely did things like that before I started trying to lose weight! Fortunately, the crisis was averted as I put the chocolate in my suitcase to give to my parents and had one pie for breakfast and the other for lunch, so I stayed well within my calorie limit. So I did do ok. But it was so impulsive and I really can't keep that up while I'm at my parents'. I've also been thinking that 13 pounds in a month isn't bad at all and I can cut me some slack for the next two weeks, but I really don't want to. I've already told my brother that I can only order take-out once a day and he'll have to warn me before he orders for himself so I can cook and we can still eat together. I hope it works this time...

Lewisempire
10-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Good morning ladies!
I am here to check in before I start my day! yesterday was not too bad, I did manage to log everything I ate, and get my exercise in, so YAY! I really need to buckle down, and get back to planning ahead, so I don't have to make choices while hungry.
WTG MyMichelle! You did Fabulous this month! Inspiring!
I have a long day ahead, so I better get to it! Hope everyone has a great day!

susiemartin
10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Check In Time
I'm finally "candied out".

Literally went to bed sick last night from too much sugar :barf:

Pretty sure that I'm ready to get serious again about weight loss.

So I'm planning on an OP day today with a nice long walk.

I'm going to check in every day until the end of the month.

My Michelle
10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Only a couple more days in the month! Like everyone else, I'm surrounded by candy, candy, candy! I swore I wouldn't have any of it this year, and so far so good, but it won't be out of the house til Monday, so I have to keep a death grip on my sanity for a little while longer.

Hang in there everyone!

TERAPET
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Congrats My Michelle for making your goal! Great job on the 81 days also. That is wonderful.

I have been doing okay with my calorie management lately but not enough to lose much weight. It is kinda difficult cause I don't really want to lose much more for now anyway. I just bought a bunch of clothes for work and I don't have the time or money to replace them. Already one pair of pants are pretty big on me. The clerk told me to buy a smaller size but I thought I wasn't quite there yet. I should have listened I guess. Also, I think I have the exercise thing worked out so all and all things are going well even if I only lose two pounds this month!

Lewisempire
10-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Morning check in-
I just gotback from Zumba class, It is soooo much fun! I encourage anyone who is interested to try it out! I am NOT coordinated I am NOT a Dancer, but I love this class!
As of yet I have not been perfect on plan, but I have been close, and I am trying to pay attention to portion size, and stopping before I am full. And logging in everything. Life has been too crazy to sit down and plan out a day of meals, But hopefully it will all die down a litttle, and give me a chance. I hope everyone has a great day!

tigga
10-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi All,
I want to join in for November.
Will it be here and just enter my weight on Nov 1st?

susiemartin
10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Check In Time

Well, I'm not going to make my October goal and it's my own fault. Looking forward to November and a better weight loss.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

Lewisempire
10-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Good morning ladies! Happy Saturday to all!
All the sudden I realized we are close to November, and I need to be thinking of a goal....hmmmm.....
Tigga, just hang out with us a day or two, and you will see the Novemeber weight loss thread pop up. then you just announce your goal, and it will be put on "the list". Glad to have you aboard, and good luck with your journey!

I am checking in today, to stay accountable. Hope you all have a great day!

My Michelle
10-30-2010, 10:18 AM
I have a fair to go to today: oh hello fair food, I will not eat you! Tomorrow will be the ultimate candy test as I hand out candy to kids, but then it will be gone and out of the house!

Welcome Tigga!

Have a good Saturday everyone!

TERAPET
10-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Today I hit 139.5. Almost, sorta made goal. Possibly tomorrow.

LouisaH
10-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey Chicklets, happy Saturday.

TERAPET: Congratulations on making goal, that is awesome!

Marniadec: what makes me eat at work is the fact that I run a CSA (community supported agriculture) and I'm surrounded by awesome food that needs to be counted/weighed/divvied and otherwise handled, and sometimes it gets too close to my mouth...

My Michelle: Good luck with the candy test tomorrow. Did you get candy you don't really like to reduce the temptation? We joked about giving out cherry tomatoes and Brussels sprouts. We'd be really popular with the kids.

LE: I love zumba too. I just do these videos on You Tube, and some days I'll go for two hours!

I ate a bunch of desserts last night at an event, and then I ate one mini candy bar at another event. I'm sure I will eat more tonight if there is anything sweet at the party I'm going to, but I am eating for two--TOM is with me now, lol--so I understand my chocolate cravings. Even with TOM, the scales said 150 today, so there is a slight possibility that I could be out of the 150s by the start of November, if I don't screw up too badly tonight...

Happy Halloween!

My Michelle
10-31-2010, 07:08 AM
Last day of October gang, we made it!

Terapet: Congratulations! Any number in the 130s would make me jump around like crazy, that is awesome! Great job!

Louisa: Unfortunately, we are giving out fantastic candy, the really good stuff I love. Oh well, it is only for a couple of hours, and I can make my husband do most of the handing out so I don't have to touch it. I bet you'll be in the 140s either today or the next couple of days! That is so exciting!

LE: I've never done Zumba but it sounds like fun! Is it hard to follow?

CardboardCutoutCat
10-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Made it to 168 :)
Not a 5lb loss but still a loss so I'm happy.

susiemartin
10-31-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm soooooooo happy October is almost over.
In total I gained about 3lbs this month. :(
I weigh 232.2 this morning.

I'm painting my kitchen today. You can be sure that I'm going to be doing lots of positive "self talk" for November so I can start loosing again.

Whatever I weigh tomorrow morning, I'm going to use that as a starting place to replace my Christmas/New Year's goal.

Hope your day is a good one.
Happy Halloween :witch:

luckymommy
10-31-2010, 12:48 PM
I hope I can still join! I had a huge binge last night but before that binge, my weight was 188lbs. I'd like to weigh in at 178 by November 1, so 10 lbs. :)

Well, I got on the scale this morning and I'm at 181 lbs. so I lost 7 lbs. this month. It's not the 10 lbs. I was hoping for, but it's still progress! I wasn't sure if we're counting today or tomorrow as the day of final weigh in for the month.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this thread...it really has inspired me to keep going! :carrot:

JasonsLea
10-31-2010, 07:03 PM
I've been 269 for the last four weeks! And TOM came a week early. It has to be the stress. I have to find an apartment and move this week and I have four projects due by Friday!

I hope you guys had a good Halloween.

Ms Perception
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Been on a bad streak the last couple days. Made new November goals and will get back on track. Here's the November thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/216213-november-weight-loss-challenge.html#post3546491

Ms Perception
10-31-2010, 10:05 PM
October Goal List

mystical-Lose 6 lbs
Marniadec-Lose 10 lbs
CardboardCutoutCat-Lose 5 lbs
TERAPET-Reach 139 lbs
2Bees-Lose 5 lbs
layddi-Lose 12 lbs
fld20-Lose 5 lbs
dcapulet-Lose 5 lbs
ma26-Reach 161.4 lbs
VickieLou-Lose 10 lbs
starbrite-Lose 10 lbs
NightAngel26-Lose 15 lbs
luckymommy- Lose 10 lbs
AngelD-Lose 10 lbs
annputation-Lose 10 lbs
WinterJinx- Lose 5 lbs
JasonsLea-Lose 5 lbs
dollypie-Lose 8 lbs
Rosinante-Lose 7 lbs
lindalee9-Lose 7 lbs

VickieLou
10-31-2010, 11:26 PM
CW: 252.2 (+3.4)