Old 09-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #1  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Default How bad is it if I don't finish my meal?

I know this diet is very restrictive on calories and it's important to never skip a meal, but what if I get full and can't finish a meal?

I just wasn't that hungry at lunch today (of course, it may have been because I was sick of salads. I probably would have eaten more if I'd had the lasagna, lol), so I didn't finish my lunch. Usually I'm hungry enough at mealtimes (not starving, but definitely hungry) that I'll eat whatever I fix, even if I don't particularly love it.

Isn't it counter-productive to force yourself to eat everything--even when you're full--when part of food-addict behavior modification is to learn to stop eating when you're full?

But on the other hand, I don't want to put myself into starvation mode or anything.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #2  

That's a good question. Wish I had an answer. I'd think that you shouldn't force yourself to eat when you're not hungry but then you need to be careful about getting over hungry before your next meal
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

If I sense I'm not hungry, I try to choose less bulky items. My favorite is salmon with a small starch and cooked veggies. Salad is so filling and sometimes, I don't think I can gag down another one! lol! I don't think it will happen all that often that you're not hungry enough to finish. Just try to finish your protein, for sure. Oh, and don't drink as much with your meal.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote