Old 09-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Default WW thread for yakkin and updating

Ok I have so moved past my 'first meeting' post so here's my new thread for rambling and keeping updated with my new forum friends

So third meeting tomorow woohoo, as I said previously I am a bit freaked out but still eager about stepping on that scale tomorrow!!

What are some of your favorite snacks/foods that you have discovered since starting WW?

Mine- the mexican meatloaf from the week one book, holy yum!! 3 points a serving I believe and sooo easy to make

strawberries and grapes everyday for a snack in my lunch, never getting sick of them, god help me when winter hits and strawberries are going for a small fortune!

melba toast and salsa, never in my life would I have though to try this but when I am craving something crunchy and need a chip substiute this hits the spot, snacking on this everyday too in my lunch. I think 5 melba toasts and 3 tbs of salsa is a 2 point snack.

Whats in your lunch?
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #2  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey Jenny! I'm stalking you now! hehe!
I know what you mean by being freaked out on the second weigh in. I had mine yesterday, and I knew I didn't lose as much as my first week because I ate more flex points. I also went out for lunch and dinner the day before my weigh in. Won't do that again, doh!

I'm sure you'll do fine tomorrow night!

I love the melba toast idea! It is much healthier than using tortilla chips and salsa. As for me, I eat carrots, grapes, and put frozen raspberries on no fat vanilla yogurt. Yum! 1 point for each the yogurt and raspberries. I also like the Fiber1 bars. The peanut butter ones are only 2 points. I also like skinny cow ice-cream sandwiches which are 2 points. I also eat carrots, grapes, and apples as snacks.

My lunch is sometimes soup (healthy request, smart choice (WW), and a few other brands make really healthy soup). I don't cook very much, but I want to start cooking more. I work a lot too so I don't make the time to cook.

I also eat tuna in tortilla wraps, a big salad, or refried bean burritos which I love! I heat up refried no fat beans and add low fat cheese, tomatoes and lettuce and roll them up in a wrap.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Jenny & JoJo! I started WW on 8/30 and Friday is my weigh-in day. I am just doing the online program but my co-worker and I are having our own little challenge, she has been doing WW on and off for awhile so it is nice to have a veteran to help answer questions and keep me motivated.

I am not a breakfast eater at all so that has been a challenge for me. Normally I have a packet of plain, organic oatmeal and some blueberries or an apple. I try to pack lunch M-F and was living on PB&Js but I am getting bored. I love wraps too so I've been making tuna salad wraps and the other day made a buffalo chicken wrap, it was delicious. Luckily I work in the downtown area so there are quite a few lunch options - Subway or Roly Poly (wraps) have been the ones I frequent the most if I don't pack.

I haven't tried any WW recipes yet, I have been modifying my regular ones but I did just buy a WW cookbook for a really good price. There is something I like about thumbing through a cookbook instead of printing them of the internet. Jenny - I hear you on the meatloaf, I made my usually meatloaf with ground turkey and I think it was 4 points for a 4th of it, I was so happy! I'll have to try the Mexican one. JoJo - I will have to try the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, I saw them yesterday when I was grocery shopping but didn't buy them. I haven't had any dessert stuff besides popsicles since I started and could really something with chocolate or ice cream or both! The WW frozen desserts are just too expensive though have either of you tried any of the Smart Ones desserts?
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #4  
Back at It!

Hi Jelma, breakfast was also a big challenge for me because I used to regularly skip breakfast. I have found eating a cup of no fat vanilla yogurt, with frozen raspberries (which I run hot water over before I add them), is an excellent breakfast. Another thing I do is make fruit shakes in my blender. I add a bit of milk, yogurt and frozen fruits. The shakes taste so good.

I haven't tried any WW recipes yet either, but I hope to when I have more time. I'm working two jobs right now, so my time is limited. I like to just veg out on the computer and spend time with friends and family. Perhaps I'll get into it over time. Regarding the smart ones desserts. I'm in Canada, and we don't get many Smart one desserts here at all. We get the strawberry shortcake, and a chocolate cake I believe. I haven't tried them yet though. They are very expensive here too. I may have to take a trip over to the US, which isn't far to look at other WW food that we don't have here. Have any of you tried the WW Smart ones frozen dinners or soups? I have tried the Thai soup which is really good (I love Thai food). I've also tried a few smart one frozen dinners, and I really like the chicken quesadillas one.

Congrats on your loss, Jelma!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #5  

YAY weigh in tonight, down 3.4 pounds this week!! SO STOKED!! I wasn't expecting that much! Going to try and get up early now and go walking before work, I am not a morning person so this should be an interesting experiment!

I love the sugar free jello in the fridge section of the grocery store, also a there is a new jello chocolate mousse and its only 1 point yippee! I went to Costco on the weekend and got some vitamuffin tops, chocolate/chocolate and they are only 1 point as well. Costco also had some 98% fat free fudgicles that are only 2 points. For breakfast I have been having a ww bagel or english muffin for 2 points and sugar free jelly. Also discovered turkey bacon, 2 slices for 2 points YUM

I love shopping for food now!!

Have a good night ladies!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #6  
Points Master

S/C/G: 357/T/180

Height: 5'7"

I've been doing WW for 2.5 years now and I second the Skinny Cow's, yum. They have a huge box at Sam's for about half of what the grocery sells them for.

For a super easy breakfast, I put 1 cup Quaker oats, water to cover, 4 Tbsp of Splenda into a bowl and mic for 2:30. Yum.
Another great breakfast of mine is 1/2 cup Egg Beaters scrambled with a slice of 2% amercian cheese in a 1-point OLE flour tortilla.
Both of these keep me quite sated until noonish.

Another great thing to eay to stay full on WW is broccoli, I buy the pictsweet frozen steam-in-bag kind and the whole huge bag is free!
butter spray and garlic salt and it is very filling for no points.

Sorry to go on and on, but I am a WW addict, I love the program.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 AM   #7  

Thats a good kind of addict to be! I am well on my way lol

My dinner ususally consists of half a plate of steamed broccoli/carrots/califlower and then some meat or something else. I'm getting to the point where I can't finish my dinners, so funny how your diet changes. I'm loving it!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks JoJo! Jenny - 3.4 is awesome! My weigh in is tomorrow and I am a bit nervous. Since starting WW I have discovered that I tend to stay the same for 2 weigh-ins and then lose 2-4lbs the following one. It has helped me realize why I have always gotten so discouraged in the past when trying lose and that if I just stay strong and not discouraged it will happen. I know we have all found there is no magic pill, just determination, hard work and the ability to forgive ourselves. Weight Watchers has really helped me realize that.

Big Daddy - you are an inspiration! Has WW what you have used since starting your journey?

I finally tried the WW french fry recipe - with egg whites and spices, it was great! Along with a modified Philly Cheesesteak recipe I had a 10 point dinner that was better than any greasy sandwich joint with alot less points!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #9  
Back at It!

Congrats on the weight loss, JennyT! Great job, indeed. I'm also getting the hang of this program.

Congrats, BigDaddy on your weight loss! Do you mind if I pick your brain on WW? Do you use your flex points? Do you find you lose more weight when you don't? I'm finding that I really like the flex points. I lost more weight the first week when I didn't use as many flex points, and lost 1.5 pounds less the second week and I used most of my flex points. Now because I've only been on the program for almost three weeks, the first week could have been water weight. Any suggestions on losing the most weight per week would be great.

Jelma, interesting that you notice that you fluctuate depending on your week. I agree about there not being a magic pill. I wish! If only I had a magic wand ! Good luck for tomorrow!

Do any of you exercise?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #10  
Points Master

Thanks!

Yes, it's been WW the whole time, I love the lifestyle change vs a diet.

Here's the deal on flex points for me, I use them all the night I weigh in on a splurge meal. It is not the best pattern, but has worked thus far. (although the losses are slowing)

I exercise a lot, 2 miles before work 5-6 days a week and sometimes 30-40 of cardio at the gym on the elliptical. I don't count any activity points due to splurge night's effect on my weekly total.

On WW the best way to have major success is track everything, use flex only if u have to, and don't exercise. Obviously, it's do as i say, not as i do, but people that have 2-3 lbs weekly at my meeting do these things consistently.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #11  
Hot Stuff

Melba toast and salsa...never would have thought of that!

Pringles Stix are 2 points a packet and there are about a dozen in a packet, so it satisfies that snackish need. I like the cheddar ones...and I bet they'd be good with salsa too!

Lipton chicken noodle cup-a-soup is 1 point for a cup. It takes a while to eat, plus it's hot and yummy.

Source yogurt is 1 point for 100g (a bit less than 1/2 a cup), but it is sweetened with Splenda and some people get headaches from Splenda. I do, but if I don't eat it every day it seems okay.

Peak Freens Lifestyle cookies - the lemon ones are 1 point per cookie. Great with a cup of tea.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #12  

My newest find, Cozy Shack sugar free rice pudding, 1 point! I have a sweet tooth and I have to be able to satisfy it without going overboard or I am doomed. I also buy the chocolate carmel bars at the meetings, 1 point each and are amazing! I love sharing these food ideas!

So this week I am doing more walking. Got up at 545 am one morning and walked for 40 minutes before work. It felt good to do it but I was a mess by late afternoon. Getting up that early does not work for me!! So the next day I did 20 minutes around the neighborhood. Today I went for a 6km walk for Autism with a friend whos little boy is autistic. Such a great cause and got me out and active at the same time.

Hows everyone's weekend going?

Last edited by JenB77; 10-02-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #13  
Points Master

Congrats on the walking, i'm totally hooked on pre-work walking.

The 1-point Jello mousses are also delightful, btw.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #14  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

On WW the best way to have major success is track everything, use flex only if u have to, and don't exercise. Obviously, it's do as i say, not as i do, but people that have 2-3 lbs weekly at my meeting do these things consistently.
Thanks for the tips!

I weigh in tomorrow and felt like I have eaten too much this week. I ate most of my flex points, and have not exercised everyday. I exercised four days this week. I am really anxious to get on the scale tomorrow. Wish me luck! I'm finding it a challenge to stay on track this week. I ate out a little too much. I had subway twice, and just feel like it was a bad week overall. I'll have to get back on track next week.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #15  

Subway isn't too bad, if you stay away from the evil cheese lol

I have one of the ww dining out guide and subway is pretty good to eat. Starbucks is scary....honestly I have been a little scared to eat out as I don't want to go over my points. I haven't touched any activity/weekly allowance points yet, I feel like I'm stuffed all the time, but I am eating a ton of steamed veggies with every meal and they really fill you up.

Tonight I made chicken cordon blue with the light laughing cow cheese and wow was it ever good!

Boy all I talk about is food lately! Went to the movies and brought my own snacks,(sshhh don't tell the theatre owners) it was a tempting thing for sure but I had my ww snacks I brought with me and it was awesome. Ok I stole one hand full of my hubbys popcorn..it just smelled so good!