Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

Angry A Couple of Bad Days

For the past 2 and a half days, I've had a hard time. Bingeing on snack foods, frozen yogurt, hot cocoa, and peanut butter. I know it's in response to stress and homesickness. I feel extremely fat and like I've gained back all the weight I've lost.

For some reason, I seem to have lost my motivation. I want to sit around all the time, and find myself exhausted. Working out no longer seems enjoyable. Even though I'm 20 pounds lighter then I was 3 months ago I don't feel smaller.

Any advice on how to get back on track? I have 10 pounds left that I'd like to lose.

Thanks.
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #2  

Maybe there's something else going on. Have you thought about seeing your doctor?
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

First thing you do is forgive yourself and forget that it happened. Remember how much better you feel when your back on track. I know when I fall off the wagon I just feel disgusted with myself and almost sick. Think of the health aspects of being back on track. You are worth it and you are more important than any kind of food.
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry you're struggling.. it's hard when you go off track to get back on. I got advice on here before that helps me. It's take it one meal at a time. if you stray, the next meal get right back on the program. MRC is great, but very restrictive.

I've really struggled this summer... I'm not sure why, but I just couldn't do the program. I didn't want to cook, and was lazy. I felt like crap eating all that food. After a month totally off program, my body hated it. I was sluggish, tired and just felt blah. I resigned last week and feel much better already. I'm back on track.. Lost 5lbs the first week.

Try just getting back on it. Get rid of the junk. We think we're trustworthy with that kind of food in the house, but we're not.. at least I'm not. I just don't buy it anymore. If you have a bad day, wake up the next morning and start over.. You can do it...
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/155/138

Height: 5'6

I feel your pain. I am an emotional eater and gained a bundle when I moved 800 miles from my family. I too think about going OP, but try to remember where it will get me. I am now trying to concentrate on looking good the next time I go home. This seems to help. It kind of keeps me motivated to get a good reaction. However I do struggle. I started sewing to take my mind off of the food. Keep going and have positive thoughts.
2b determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #6  

Take it from a whole bunch of us .... if you go off program and stay off, you will gain the weight back (and fairly quickly). Now I'm not referring to just this program...you can follow a different program if it works better for you -- but stay on some kind of program. There are always trying times when we don't do very well ... just dust yourself off and try to get back to some plan. Good luck.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #7  
Big Loser

S/C/G: 265/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I totally agree with the responses I've read. I too find it sometimes hard to stay on program... but I just take "one meal at a time". I also try to "do something" if I'm feeling the urge to splurge... busy hands are good! And don't beat yourself up if you do slip up... We are our worst critics... Keep up the good work, remember how good you felt after losing just 10 pounds? Think how good you'll feel as you get closer to your goal weight! I know I feel AWESOME when I see someone I haven't seen in a while, and their jaw drops to the ground when they see the weight I've lost!
animalfriendz is offline   Reply With Quote