Old 09-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face **Weekly Chat September 27 - October 3**

Hey Ladies

I wasn't sure whether to bother starting this as most chickies seem to have moved to the quick chat. No worries. If this doesn't pick up I won't start one next week.

It's already Tuesday here, this week seems fast and slow all at once! I have what seems like a million things to do this week, have to get a warrant for my car, go pick out a birthday present with my sister, do a 4 hour shift at my parents work while they're away to help out, find something fabulous to wear for my birthday party on Saturday, organise said birthday party, find somewhere awesome for dinner on Saturday too...haha. Nothing too challenging but it's a busier week than I'm used to.

I've been keeping on track with calories and exercise, did an awesome jog/walk last night where I jogged outside for longer than I've ever been able to - it shortened my 2.5km route timewise, but I felt great anyway.

Scale is still stuck at 77kg/169.7pounds, it's fairly frustrating but nothing I can do about it other than keep going.

Hope you're all well and trucking along!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

haha i have to get a wof and do birthday shopping too! My scale is also stuck >.< I'm going back to actually measuring stuff rather than guessing that its about 125g of yoghurt etc lol and counting everything i eat, just to see if that helps. Which it probably will lol i know i have been eating around my plan. We gotta just keep trying
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #3  

Maybe I need to do the opposite! I'm so scrupulous with my weighing and measuring, my boyfriend thinks I'm obsessed and won't come into the kitchen when I'm cooking meals for us because I literally weigh every ingredient out and use way too many bowls haha.

I hate getting a WOF...it's like my least favourite thing to do. Is it your birthday soon too?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

haha maybe we should swap strategies xD

I managed to get a $12 WOF from a silent auction fundraiser so im pretty stoked Its just finding the time now to go take it there! which reminds me, I must book that.

Its not my birthday soon, but my friend's, and a couple of colleagues are having babies so gotta get something to put in the work collection for them too. I always want to get something useful for people having babies and end up buying something cute xD

I also want to buy some strawberry plants today! Im going to raid my parents shed and see what pots etc they have Because im really cheap
Old 09-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad you started this thread! I was busy at work today and noticed nobody started yet. I actually find the quick weekly chat harder to keep up with. Weird.

Everything is going well here. I am on track and my weekend was not disastrous like last weekend.. YAY!

I just bought some low sodium V8 and I'm really excited about it for some reason haha. Grocery shopping tonight and I'm excited to have some healthy choices in the house.. or any choices at all for that matter haha.

Rain: Sounds like you have a **** of a week coming up. I saw on your last post where you got accused of shoplifting. I literally gasped out loud. I would be SO pissed. Was it a manager? I would definitely be writing a letter to someone and letting them know about their poor customer services at their place of business.

Rain and Icon: My scale is stuck as well. It looks like once again I will not be meeting my goal for this month, but I'm not going to let it get me down!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #6  

Icon I sell cute little handmade plush creatures .. great original baby gifts haha. Oh man, can't believe I'm trying to sell myself on here! Ridiculous. Oh gosh the cost of a WOF. I don't even know how much it costs, I can't remember, my sister and I used to share a car and I always "conveniently" left it up to her haha.

casey The week isn't actually all that bad I don't think - I think it's just because I'm used to having my days off as ... days off haha! Like, with nothing to do other than get in some exercise and count my calories (and paint, but we know I haven't been doing that). So it's just feeling kind of big and actually kind of good to know that I have a few solid things I need to get done this week. Also we can all stick around on our not budging scales together and hope they budge for us all soon!

I also love that spring has finally shown it's head around here! The sunshine makes me so happy!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I am sooo glad I am not alone in the plateau world. I cannot get the scale to move at all. I am sooo tired of being in the 180's I could puke. I worked my butt off at the gym- 2 classes a day (2 hours of CARDIO) for 4 days last week- and nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero. What's a girl gotta do!? Anyways, I will be thankful to see the 170's again by my birthday, 10 days from now. Hopefully something gives soon, it's soooo discouraging.
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185.5/180.6/130.0

Height: 5'1

Hello Ladies,

I am new to this forum but I am so excited that I have joined. I see a lot of inspirational posts along with pictures that leaves me in amazement. Congratulations to all of the females that have began their weight loss journey, or have already met their goal.
MsLawyerGirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #9  
This is not a test.

platau-ers- how random that we are all in the same boat! Lol lets stay super on track this week, kick it up a notch and see if we cant get these scales budging!

Mslawyergirl hey welcome! And congrats on your own loss so far!

rainbow haha i dont blame you for trying! I ended up going to the baby factory i think and buying some stuff. They had these awesome bags made of like wetsuit material for putting kids lunches in and keeping them cool all day, they were so cute in different animal shapes. I wanted one for ME! xD WOFs are usually around $45 i think, unless you shop around- then you can get it for around $25. As long as theres nothing wrong with the car

casey I get excited about food too! But ive never been able to do vegetable juices. Random! But it just feels weird.

I just bought some strawberry plants and strawberry plant bag thing and 30 litres of compost and i got home and was like, huh how to get all this stuff up the stairs from the carpark, around and into my apartment? Well...I have been doing weights with bags on one shoulder with my personal trainer this morning, so I chucked that sucker bag of compost over one shoulder, hoisted everything else into one arm, and charged (with exponentially decreasing speed) towards my apartment Goes to show that the gym work does translate into real life! And that I am super lazy for not wanting to do 2 short trips
Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Iconised: I need to get back to measuring, too! I'm certain I'm over estimating my portions. Time to get measuring cups and spoons for the office I suppose!

Rainbow: enjoy the birthday festivities I'm another one on the "my scale is stuck!" boat. I'm working extra hard on it this week.

Casey: I get excited about having healthy options too.. It just takes so much stress off knowing I can go in my fridge and grab just about anything, guilt free. And the V8 is great for when I'm mindlessly staring into the fridge, convinced I want something but not sure what that is. A small glass of V8 usually satisfies me then.

I'm starting the week well... I agreed to sign up for a 5k with my sister in law, in November. I'm terrified. I haven't been training hard, or consistently so it is time to step it up big time. I feel like it is a good decision though.. If I have one to work toward, maybe I'll actually finish c25k, right? I'm trying to talk my husband into it also, by I'm not holding my breath, haha. Anyway, lightning and rain canceled tonight's run, not to mention my slight exhaustion from not sleeping, so I plan to crash soon and strive for an AM workout.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey Ladies. I am happy you started this thread back because I haven't moved to the other one and didn't plan on it unless this one stopped. My day has gone pretty well..today is Day 16 with no sugars & no cokes. I've been doing so good and am very proud of myself. Other than that the scale has remained kind of steady..I am in the 180's some days and 190s others. I wish it would just stick in one place or the other. Thursday is D-Day and I can't wait until my check up so I can officially start exercising. I was going to do P90X (I believe that's what it's called) and walk 3x a week. I heard that was a real good workout! Sounds like everyone is kind of at a stand still with their weightloss too..hope it picks up this week for everyone! I can't wait to see the 170s.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #12  

jaimie I was going to say "yay, another one on a plateau" but it's not a good thing for us is it! Heh! So I say lets do as Icon suggests, lets all stick together and try to be super on plan this week!

MsLawyer Hey there! Welcome to the forums. You and I have similar heights and starting weights!

Icon I wasn't trying too hard haha... I don't like forcing my "product" on people - even when I'm at work (retail) I'm the least pushy of sales people haha. I make them for myself and didn't even think to sell them until my boyfriend suggested it. Those lunch bags sound too cute! I really hope the WOF isn't much over $45... and I also hope there isn't anything wrong with my car! Strawberry plants sound FUN! I don't even like strawberries but I plan on trying to get to like them this summer - I think we talked about this once before haha.

Amanda Another scale stucker! Man it's hard... I know it.. I was stuck at 78kg for over 2 weeks... and now I'm stuck at 77kg and have been for over 2 weeks...I really hate to think that's the rate of loss I'm going to see from now on in! I hope you get your workout in the morning!

JLNichols Congrats on reaching day 16 no sugar no coke! I don't think I could cut out sugar entirely... that's a pretty amazing feat so go you! I hope you get the clearance to exercise - I've heard that P90x is really intense for beginners (sorry if you're not a beginner!) but I don't see any harm in giving it a go - if it's too much, you can always find something else to do!

Anyone here feel sick like... almost immediately if they know they're hungry? I've been feeling some fairly extreme nausea most days for the past week from around 11-2 - I eat my lunch around one and it lasts until about 2 and then I feel ok again. Actually I usually feel ok for the rest of the day, it's more like.. feeling sick in the morning. Anyone got ideas?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #13  
This is not a test.

Rainbow Yeah i think we have talked about that before I hope our cars are ok too! Its a bit like going to the dentist really, you think everything seems fine and then they hit you with a ton of work you arent sure you need

Omg I am totally cream crackered. Today I got up, went to the gym, sorted the washing, did another load, sorted my insurance claim, posted it and another letter, bought 2 baby presents and a birthday present, came home and washed (kinda) a huge blanket and kinda flooded my washing machine, dealt with that and did a house application, called my health insurance, booked my WOF, paid the power bill, met someone for tea, bought, planted and watered 9 strawberry plants, did another load of washing, tidyed and cleaned the whole house, and roasted a chicken. I think I get to have a little rest now

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 09-28-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: I speak the good england
Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 151/145/125

Height: 5'6

I have been sick this weekend and right now my head is so clogged up and I think it is going to explode. I was so excited that I weighed 143 before I got sick, and now my scale has crept up to 146. I know it is water weight but it is so frustrating. And I am so frustrated that I can't work out and all I want to eat is comfort food.. bleh
nina125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

My friend/coworker brought me a giant diet coke and a fruit bowl for helping her last week. I usually don't drink soda, but I am indulging today, and it is delicious.

We didn't go to the store last night. The BF had an exhausting day at work. So we are going tonight. I had to literally scrounge for something to eat last night lol. I'm with all of you guys, I hate not having options in the house. I used to hate grocery shopping but since we moved we have an Aldi and I love it!

Is anyone's scale moving? Maybe there is something in the air! Let's hope this is a successful week! We can do it! Let's look at the bigger picture though. I have to keep reminding myself "It's just a number, It's just a number." What is more important is I am taking care of myself, eating healthy, working out. I feel great, and my clothes fit different. I like what I see in the mirror most mornings. The number will eventually drop but this lifestyle will always be here (Motivational Speech of the Day... You're Welcome!)

Jaimie: That is a lot of working out, you put me to shame! I hope you see the numbers move soon. If I were you I would start taking measurements because as much as you are working out you are probably building a lot of muscle. The number is bound to go down eventually.

MsLawyer Welcome! You will not find a more supportive place!

Icon Sounds like you got in a mini workout carrying all of that up the stairs. Good for you! I thought about getting one of those hanging strawberry plants in the springs, but I don't think our porch gets enough sunlight. And "cream crackered" I've never heard that, but it made me smile Sounds like you had an exhausting day!

Amanda I did not like the V8, I had to choke it down and then I kept burping it up lol. Gross I know. I felt like I was drinking ice cold soup. But I think I will cook with it.

JL Sounds like a great workout plan. I know a lot of people who lost weight FAST on P90X. Good luck on Thursday... Yay!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote