Weight Loss Support - Your best motivations!
10-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Ok I'm hoping this hasn't been asked too recently but I'll just ask anyway and see what comes up. So what are your best motivations? I mean the one you dig deep for in last moment before you almost give up. What keeps you fighting?
I'll start with a couple of mine
1)Pictures of myself looking miserable at every family or social gathering since forever really snap me back into reality.
2) My vision of a vacation where I actually relax and not worry about squeezing into a plane seat, wearing a shirt over the bathing suit,dreading shorts,and never feeling pretty in nice clothes.
3) I hate the feeling of looking back and realizing I'm in the same desperate place I was year ago. I refuse to allow myself to be there next year!
10-24-2002, 09:52 PM
Here's a few of mine:
1)Girls (For most men, this will be number 1, lets hope its not the same for women ;))
2)My health (I need to eat healthier, for myself!)
3)Social Life (If I get out more, I will have a better social life, which equals more girls ;))
10-24-2002, 11:00 PM
First of all let me say Derek very true. Thanks for that thought of insperation.
HUUMMM this to get me motivated
1. the thought of not being around to watch my child grown up
2. knowing that i have an high school reunion comming up and knowing that some of the skinny minnies are now bigger that i am
3. making it a personal challenge to myself and when i win even a small victory i reward myself(even if it just a long hot bubble bath)
lets all try to strive for the positive and titally eleminate the negeative. :grouphug: :balloons:
10-27-2002, 06:30 PM
You lot arent gonna believe this but I would like to have another baby and I wanna look good when Im in labour and naked. :lol:
Oh and Id like to avoid the same health issues I had during my last pregnancy. (I had high blood pressure)
10-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Thanks for your great responses. AussieMum that is too funny, but I can totally understand that! Motivations come in all different forms. Like, just today I was thinking how I'd like to wear a belt and not look like I'm being strangled! That's a small one, but hey it worked to keep me going today.
When I look into the mirror I feel that I look very sloppy because the way clothes look when you are overweight, shirts and pants are looser(not to say they need to be real tight). :stress:
Sometimes I wear what I need to hide my stomach and hips; not always what I'd like to wear.:mad:
I feel that it's good to dress to look neet, a tailored look, things that fit like they should, colors that look good, and not wearing too bright of colors when your too large, makes me feel like a hot air balloon.:o:
If you need to dress up and go somewhere, it can be uncomfortable.:mad:
WOW :hyper: Thats enough for me to throw myself back into it and add some exercise this week.::cb:
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO