Weight Loss Support - Your best motivations!

View Full Version : Your best motivations!

RubyBlue
10-24-2002, 07:59 PM
Ok I'm hoping this hasn't been asked too recently but I'll just ask anyway and see what comes up. So what are your best motivations? I mean the one you dig deep for in last moment before you almost give up. What keeps you fighting?

I'll start with a couple of mine
1)Pictures of myself looking miserable at every family or social gathering since forever really snap me back into reality.
2) My vision of a vacation where I actually relax and not worry about squeezing into a plane seat, wearing a shirt over the bathing suit,dreading shorts,and never feeling pretty in nice clothes.
3) I hate the feeling of looking back and realizing I'm in the same desperate place I was year ago. I refuse to allow myself to be there next year!

Derek
10-24-2002, 10:52 PM
Here's a few of mine:
1)Girls (For most men, this will be number 1, lets hope its not the same for women ;))
2)My health (I need to eat healthier, for myself!)
3)Social Life (If I get out more, I will have a better social life, which equals more girls ;))

gigglez
10-25-2002, 12:00 AM
First of all let me say Derek very true. Thanks for that thought of insperation.
HUUMMM this to get me motivated

:idea:
1. the thought of not being around to watch my child grown up
2. knowing that i have an high school reunion comming up and knowing that some of the skinny minnies are now bigger that i am
3. making it a personal challenge to myself and when i win even a small victory i reward myself(even if it just a long hot bubble bath)

lets all try to strive for the positive and titally eleminate the negeative. :grouphug: :balloons:
sandy

AussieMum
10-27-2002, 07:30 PM
You lot arent gonna believe this but I would like to have another baby and I wanna look good when Im in labour and naked. :lol:

Oh and Id like to avoid the same health issues I had during my last pregnancy. (I had high blood pressure)

RubyBlue
10-28-2002, 01:22 AM
Thanks for your great responses. AussieMum that is too funny, but I can totally understand that! Motivations come in all different forms. Like, just today I was thinking how I'd like to wear a belt and not look like I'm being strangled! That's a small one, but hey it worked to keep me going today.

Peg
10-28-2002, 09:03 AM
My motivations::chin:
When I look into the mirror I feel that I look very sloppy because the way clothes look when you are overweight, shirts and pants are looser(not to say they need to be real tight). :stress:
Sometimes I wear what I need to hide my stomach and hips; not always what I'd like to wear.:mad:
I feel that it's good to dress to look neet, a tailored look, things that fit like they should, colors that look good, and not wearing too bright of colors when your too large, makes me feel like a hot air balloon.:o:
If you need to dress up and go somewhere, it can be uncomfortable.:mad:
WOW :hyper: Thats enough for me to throw myself back into it and add some exercise this week.::cb:
LadyPal:wave: