Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 2 (09/27 - 10/03)

Bigmid
09-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Okay everyone here we are at week 2, I am not done our totals yet as I had to keep going back and edit some of the posts. I have been at it for almost 2 hours now. Not sure if I am going to finish it tonight.

Please do not change anything once I have done an edit to your post.....there is a reason. Some of you weighed in late so I had to change it to a freebie. You must WI by 10pm AST.

I also had to change some of your starting weights as you did not put in what you had originally signed up for. These had to be changed back as that is how the teams were made up (with original starting weights).

So I think we are going to do pretty well this week and for those of you that I took away your weigh ins and put freebies.....you'll just have a huge loss for next week.

Well going to do the totals and the results will be posted in a couple days.

Have a great night everyone.

JackieHollow
09-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Jacky, I see I am one that you had to change. Truly sorry about that. Here I was priding myself on doing everything right. LOL

This *WILL* be a better week for me. No less stressful, I'm sure. But I'm determined to make sure to do well in SPITE of that stress.

Hope for a great week for everyone coming up. CONGRATS to everyone that lost, and hugs to those that didn't. :)

All Psyched Up
09-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Oops sorry everyone for missing weight in - I kept thinking it was 10pm my time. I will do better this coming week, including trying to post daily. I was sick last week which made losing weight very easy, but unfortunately nothing else got done...

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. It was very sunny in Saskatoon.

Stacy

lolcat
09-27-2010, 02:30 AM
All Psyched Up, you're not the only one. I'm too :doh: to convert time, so I was a little late too. :(

I'm really frustrated and upset with myself right now.

gypsychic
09-27-2010, 03:50 AM
goodluck everyone for week2 :)

Mercy03
09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
I also had to change some of your starting weights as you did not put in what you had originally signed up for. These had to be changed back as that is how the teams were made up (with original starting weights).

I was one of the GUILTY ones and I am not sure when the cut off was but I think you changed it so I wouldn't beat you in this challenge missy:D

Matilda08
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Happy monday team! good luck during week 2

Rochester
09-27-2010, 10:36 AM
This map (http://www.worldtimezone.com/) shows the current time in time zones all over the world. Or you can use a time zone converter like this one (http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc).

HTH :)

lolcat
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Rochester, thanks for posting that, but I still can't figure out what time I have to post by in MY time. I'll end up being eliminated by second weigh in, so I may end up just having to quit now and get it over with.
Yesterday I actually thought I had about 4 hours left before cut off.
It's very disheartening.

Rochester
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Rochester, thanks for posting that, but I still can't figure out what time I have to post by in MY time. I'll end up being eliminated by second weigh in, so I may end up just having to quit now and get it over with.
It's very disheartening.

Results have to be submitted by Sunday 10 p.m. AST which is 5 hours earlier than your time zone (EST). So for next week the conversion would be....

"10:00:00 p.m. Sunday October 3, 2010 in America/Anchorage converts to
02:00:00 a.m. Monday October 4, 2010 in America/Detroit" - according to the website I posted earlier.

Or you could just post earlier in the day on Sunday and not play Beat The Clock. ;)

lolcat
09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Exactly.... I posted around 9:45ish pm my time, which would be around 5:45ish pm. (Way before cut off). But I found out after my weigh in was erased that AST is NOT Anchorage time like I thought, but ATLANTIC time so instead of time to spare I was late.

I was not around a computer at all yesterday until 9:45 pm.... had I known, I would have posted a weight on Saturday.

JackieHollow
09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe for those that are really confused by the time, or get to the computer late, are better off posting their weights on Saturday?

I'm working on coming up with a plan for the week. My daughter goes to get her casts on Wed, and life is pretty much revolving around her right now. LOL So I have to have a SOLID, but EASY plan to follow. Time to figure up some recipes, maybe cook up some and throw them in teh freezer for weekends when I'm here alone with the kids without DH help.

Finding time (and strength) to exercise is more problems. I have been so exhausted, and my back was hurting so bad yesterday it wasn't funny. I'm hoping it gets easier as we go on. Especially once she' gets her casts.

Sorry for not having a bigger weight loss, but hopefully this week will make up for it! :)

GOOOOOO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolcat
09-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I may have to do the Saturday thing.

I should have just tried to look it up instead of continuing to believe that it was Alaska time when I didn't get a response to my post asking what it meant. I'm just really frustrated right now.

How's your daughter feeling, JackieHollow? Hope the pain isn't too bad for her and hope she isn't feeling too down about it.

Rochester
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Ok, I feel like a bit of an idiot now. I could have swore I read somewhere on 3FC that AST was Alaska time. :o So AST is one hour ahead of EST. So the 10 PM AST cutoff is 9PM EST. (I think ;) )

shan84
09-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi blue team, just coming over to clarify. 10pm AST means Atlantic Standard Time. You can view the time from this website:

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/ast.html

JackieHollow
09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
cat.. she's feeling pretty good today. up and about. Her swelling has gone down, and now she has some mobility in those arms. So *I* will rest easier when she gets her casts Wednesday. LOL Thanks so much for asking!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday. Making "healthified" meatloaf (I need to find some cheap ground turkey that's very lean), sauteed zucchini, green beans, and a salad for supper. I skipped lunch and am still slacking in my water. I'll get back on track tho!

Soon2BFitChick
09-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi teammates!! :wave:

So happy to be here!! Hoping one more year of challenges and I MIGHT can move over to maintenance?? I can hope! :df:

Anyhoo, I know blue team is gonna win this season!! Woohoooo!!! We are the Blazing Bluezersssss!!!! :cheer3:

Go Blue!!! :cp:

Ok, gotta run, Emily has a baseball game soon,

Hugs, Selina :hug:

me4life
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
man you people talk alot. well i missed weigh in cause of my internet being out until today. i am not a happy person without internet.

so anyways, i was driving to work at 4 a.m....yes everyday (uggg) and my bf had made me a bagel that was sitting on the seat beside me. in my lunch i had fruit, and crackers and a sandwich and i realized i had like 99% carbs and then i realize why i am so tired after working 10 hours. just wondering how do you avoid carb overload while away from home for so long.

any ideas

hsmomx2
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Just a quick check in for now! It looks like I also missed the weigh in time. Sorry, Blue team. I hope everyone is off to a great start this week. I've had a crazy last couple of days with a funeral, neighborhood trip and a family reunion. This week there is going to be a rush also. I'll try to post more after the kids are in bed.

abreezies
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, I have been lax for approx 2 months now. I have maintained at least, so now I should be ready for another change to start losing again.....ugh.....I need motivation!! I will find it and hopefully soon!

Jennie527
09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
It's very disheartening.

No giving up!!! Like it was already said, just weigh on Saturday. There is no reason to wait until the last day. Heck, I took my Monday weight! This is a great motivation. Don't give up now! We need you! *hugs*

All Psyched Up
09-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a little slow on the weigh-in protocol! :)

Today was a good day for me. I had belly dance after work and got my sig other to make dinner - veg burgers and potatoes, carrots, and peas from our garden. Things just taste better when they're home grown! :T

Me4Life - 4am! That's crazy, but I hear you about ODing on the carbs. I was a vegetarian for 10 years, but probably more of a carbatarian (mmm...crackers...bread...potatoes...), it wasn't until I started eating some fish and seafood a few years ago that I really starting thinking about protein. It really makes a difference for me and I try to have some at every meal. For on the go I often have cottage cheese, nuts (but only a handful!!), or legumes (lentils, chick peas) thrown in salads. Tuna and left overs also save my lunches. I don't know about breakfast at 4 am though - protein smoothie?? I love breakfast egg wraps. Maybe others have good ideas...

Anyhoo, I should run to bed.

Stacy

Bigmid
09-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi everyone, please don't be discouraged at the WI time ( I'm one to talk I still have to quadrouple check before editing your posts)

If you needed a freebie you still have another one left. You did not hurt the team by taking one (I will have the results up tomorrow) and you will all show a huge loss for next week:)

Please don't even thing about giving up right now that's the thinking that got us to where we are today. Forward on we march.....together Hang in there it's a new week and full of good things to come.

I think if you weigh in the morning (no matter what day) post it you can always go back and change it if there is time but at least one is in there.

Mercy- so you are catching on to me are you...LOL I like to win.....to bad this morning I was up 4lbs:(

Well I'll be back tomorrow I had a rough day today and was up until 1:30 last night.

See you all tomorrow then

lolcat
09-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Jennie527, I don't WANT to give up. I'm having concerns that I'm going to get eliminated, I have a family member who's terminally ill, and I will probably end up missing at least one more weigh in... was trying to save my freebies for that. When I'm away due to this, I don't have computer access.

Is there a limit on how early we can post WI? For example, if I know I'm heading out of state on a Tuesday and won't have access, can I post?

It's been rough with everything that's going on, but at least I'm still losing. I hate being on the road and having to eat out but my stomach has been shrinking and I can't eat much anymore anyway. I just wish more places had some healthier choices!

dream710
09-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Everyone! I kinda fell off the healthy eating wagon this weekend. I really needed to go to the grocery store to stock up, but instead we ate out. I did go yesterday before work and stock up on healthy stuff for the office, hopefully I'll get the dinner stuff picked up today. On a good note, yesterday I jogged for 45min straight! It was at a slow steady pace but I couldn't believe how focused and strong I felt. I think I could of kept going but I had to take DS to swim lessons.

Cat- I would think you could post Monday or Tuesday before you go

Rochester-How did your 5k go? I think its a pretty cool challenge and think it would be a great if it became a community event.

me4life- I buy a variety of foods to take to the office. I make sure to buy a couple proteins, veggies, fruits, and starches and I keep them in the fridge. It helps keep me on plan and helps with the carb overload.

abreezies- great job on maintaining...now its time to start moving! Sometimes to find the motivation i have to force myself to get started, usually the first 5 min is a struggle but afterwards I'm glad I did it.

Jackie- Glad to hear Skys swelling is going down. Will be thinking of you guys tomorrow. I can't imagine having 2 full arm casts. Keep us posted.

JackieHollow
09-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Cat.. I believe Jacky said that you could post a weight early in the week. That way the weight is at least there, and you don't have to use a skip, if something happens and you aren't around on the weekend to update.

Rochester.. I am going to check out the facebook group. I wonder if there is a group around here. It's doubtful, since I live in "hicksville" but I'm going to look anyway!!

dream.. the eating out is in the past. Make sure to get by the store and get food for home as well as the office. :) I find lunches, etc to be my most difficult time, unless I have leftovers (Of course... with a family of 6.. leftovers are rare). Congrats on the job tho!!! Jogging/running is one of those things I think in my head I would like to do (such as running a half marathon or whatever), but in reality DETEST. LOL

Hope everyone is having a great "on plan" week!! For those lacking motivation.. what helps you be motivated? How can we help you? Do you respond well to goals or rewards? What about working toward a big reward when you get to XXX weight? I have a "goal jar" that I use everyday. It's a money jar and I give a monetary value to each goal I want to accomplish a day. For example, this week my goals are:
eat breakfast 35c
journal: 25c
Drink 100 oz water: 15c
exercise!: 25c

Each day I tally up my money (you could set any goals/prices), and put it in my jar. Then on WI, I get a dollar for every pound I lose (and have to pay for every lb I gain). I'll use this money to help pay for any bigger rewards (my *ULTIMATE* goal will be skydiving, but I have some smaller ones in between now and then). That way I know it was TRULY my hard work that is giving me my reward.

Bigmid
09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Hi just a quick post I'm on the phone again.

Lolcat. You can post whenever you want. Eg if you are going away for 3 weeks and have no Internet access you can post all 3 weeks as the same weight. Then if you get access you can change the weights as long as it is before cut off. Hope this makes sense.

Bigmid
09-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone, I just posted the results the Blue Team won the first week.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congratulations to our BL: babygrant
and the runners up: Khrungy, Jennie527, and Soon2BFitChick

WTG everyone you all did a great job.

Soon2BFitChick - I put you at the end even though you were second as I did not see a post for you in week 1 chat.
Make sure you all post at least once a week or you can't be the biggest loser

MamaP
09-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Congratulations Blue Team and congrats to this weeks winners. Looking forward to tonights episode of Biggest Loser!!!!

me4life
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
hey guys...i think i've officially lost my mind today. probably work has finally drove me crazy. you see i have control issues and i stress about everything. specifically is this case bills. you see i've been the only one working for some time and i pay all the bills (plus have 2 adult kids and 3 grand kids and a son in law that live in my house) anyways, the bf is back to work and i'm tired of hearing well i had to pay for so and so out of my check. anyways, to make a long story a bit shorter i basically told him he makes the house payment and his loan and i will pay the rest. if we lose the house it is his fault (well of course i wouldn't let that happen) but i need a break from all the stress. will this work, probably not. but hey stranger things have happened.

just venting a bit.

JackieHollow
09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
:dance: :dance: WOOOO HOOOOO GO BLUE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!:flame::flame: We are HOT girls!!!!

Babygrant, that's AWESOME!!! CONGRATS on being the BIGGEST LOSER!!! That's so awesome!

me4life.. I've been extra stressed today myself. Mine is trying to deal with insurance, selling a house, getting the girl ready for her casts, and just dealing with everday life issues that having 4 kids I homeschool comes down to.

What helps you relax?? Maybe you can find some time to get by yourself, or take some spa time, or read a book, or a hot bath... <hugs>

Mercy03
09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Congratulations Blue team and especially Babygrant.I know you have been sick and I hope you are feeling better,but a weight loss is a weight loss and you have the tools to keep if off.

To everyone else,good job and I hope we can keep it up the good work and maybe some of us will actually get to post a loss next week:D

@ Bigmid,I think you are doing a great job:hug::hug:

Khrungy
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Congrats babygrant! Way to go blue!! What a way to start off a new challenge!:carrot:

JackieHollow
09-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Mercy.. I have to say your siggy cracks me up everytime I see it. nothing like "cattitude" to make me smile. ;)

I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a question of the week? Just to kinda get to know each other better?

lolcat
09-29-2010, 12:35 AM
JackieHollow, I vote yes. Glad to hear Sky's swelling is down and she's doing well, considering. I can't imagine having double casts! Goodness, you've got a lot going on right now.... just remember we're here for you!!!:hug:

ghost girl
09-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Congrats Babygrant and Yay blue!

Rochester
09-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Congrats Babygrant and Go Blue! :cheer3:

I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a question of the week? Just to kinda get to know each other better?

Sounds like a good idea.

hsmomx2
09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Sorry for yet another quick posting. I did get to read over very quicky the post thus far. Way to go Blue team! Outstanding job Babygrant! I really like the question of the week idea. Got to run I hope I don't run late!

JackieHollow
09-29-2010, 10:01 AM
QOTW: (it's 2 parts) What is your least favorite thing about yourself? (other than weight since we are all working on that). What is your MOST favorite thing about yourself?

Jennie527
09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Congrats babygrant! YAY Blue Team!

QOTW: (it's 2 parts) What is your least favorite thing about yourself? (other than weight since we are all working on that). What is your MOST favorite thing about yourself?

1. Least favorite: I am impatient. I hate that I am. I fly off the handle quite easily sometimes. I have gotten much better, but thank God I have an extremely level-headed husband who thinks I am cute when I am angry.

2. Most favorite: My eyes. I have always liked them. They are mainly green with thin blue stripes and gold flecks in the center around my pupils.

MamaP
09-29-2010, 04:29 PM

1. I am a huge procrastinator

2. Being single for 16 years, I've learned how to be pretty self-sufficient - basic handyman type things (changing out a thermostat, putting a new flush kit in the toilet, using power tools, building things, etc.)

Matilda08
09-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Hello team hope all is well! I hit a new low of 226.0 today so im hoping to have a good wi this week!

Mercy03
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM

1.I'm a workaholic:devil:
2.I get a lot of things accomplished:D

@ Jackie,1st no sig then my weight is taken away from me,I have issues dammit!

p.s. this for Ms. Hollow,not the Bigmid:D

Rochester
09-29-2010, 06:08 PM

I'm a control freak. I hate spontaneity, I'm horrible at "teamwork," I can't delegate, and sometimes I can just be a total pain in the ***. :crazy:

I'm optimistic. I can always see the good in a person or situation, I always believe anything is possible, and if I "fall down" I can always pick myself up and keep going. :yay:

Rochester
09-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Being single for 16 years, I've learned how to be pretty self-sufficient - basic handyman type things (changing out a thermostat, putting a new flush kit in the toilet, using power tools, building things, etc.)

That is awesome! Girl power! :D

1mooretime
09-29-2010, 11:05 PM
:carrot: Way to Go teammates!!! I knew we could do it :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Congrats Babygrant for being the Biggest Loser.

ok question one : I'm lazy by nature :D I have to force myself to get my work done. I do get it done ...I just don't like doing it lol.

question 2: I'm honest and dependable. I'm the one that everyone calls when they need something done...Maybe I'm not lazy just tired lol.

I hope everyone had a good day to day.

JackieHollow so sorry to hear about your little girl hope she gets better soon and you can rest a little.

well, I'd better get off of here and get some more work done .

Hi :wave: to all my teammates.

JackieHollow
09-29-2010, 11:36 PM
HELLO ALL!!! HOpe your Wed was great. We took Sky to get casted, and her right arm is only casted to just under her elbow. :carrot::carrot: This means she can feed herself, along with OTHER things!! WOOT I was so excited!! Heck... I ain't gonna lie. I still am!!

Thoguht I should answer my own question, since I forgot to earlier. :D

Least favorite: I tend to have a bit of an anger issue at times. I'm not mean, but can be pretty negative and blow up pretty quickly. Usually at those I love the most, and least deserve it. It's soo something I'm trying to work on but need to work harder.

Most favorite: Gosh this is so much harder for me. I'm usually sooo down on myself that i can think of a zillion least favorites.. but not much good comes to mind. I guess I like that I'm extremely loyal to those I love. You may have to earn my respect and trust, but once you have, I'd go to the ends of the earth for you.

Jennie, I have a short fuse also!! It's part of my least favorite about myself also!! Your eyes sound GORGEOUS! As a photographer, I looove clients with bright intriguing eyes.

Mama... WAY TO GO on being your own handyman!!! I'm a firm believer in just jumping in and doing it. :)

Mercy.. Why did they take your weight away??? I wish someone woudl take about half of mine away. ;)

Rochester.. I tend to be a control freak sometimes. I'm trying to curb it some. LOL I love that you can pick yourself up and start over. That is SOO hard for me!!

1moretime.. LOL I'm lazy by nature too. It's a hard thing to overcome. ;)

MamaP
09-30-2010, 12:11 AM
I did the Zumba 20-minute express workout twice today (once before work this morning and just finished it for a second time). I also did it once last night - felt good. It's been a long time since I did any kind of real workout. woo hoo! Next stop onederland . . . 16 more lbs.

Bigmid
09-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi just a quick post again. I am reading everything I'm just typing on the phone again. The power went out here so no computer tonight.

I will answer the questions tomorrow. Bot first I need to find singing I like about myself

Mercy - When did I make the kitty sh$t list....lol I just saw that today. I love it:)
As far as taking your weight away it just guarantees my chances......I'm smarter than I look you know....lol

Have a great night everyone

We should have a siggy soon

lolcat
09-30-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm going to have to think about the question and post my answers tomorrow...

In the meantime, I have a question:
I am having an INTENSE craving for peanut butter, so I know that I'm low on protein. I have cut way back, I don't eat red meat but I do eat a decent amount of chicken, fish, and turkey. At least what I THOUGHT was a decent amount.

My question is this: What can I do to get more protein in my diet without adding a bunch of calories? Keeping in mind that I am allergic to tree nuts, I do not eat red meat, and I absolutely unequivocally DESPISE beans.... IS there anything else? I've been eating a teaspoon of PB a day and it helps, but I don't want to eat too much of it and have all the calories, and I certainly don't want to harm my body by keeping my protein levels too low.

What a dilemma!! Any advice GREATLY appreciated!!!

maryshady
09-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Dropping by to say "hi" Blue team. Having a good week. Just counting calories for now. Not starting to exercise for about a month. I just find when I work out I am so much hungrier then when I don't.

Congrats to the Blue Team!!! We Rock!!!

Congrats Baby Grant...Hope you are feeling better this week.

Have a great one!!

hsmomx2
09-30-2010, 09:03 AM
lolcat - Have you tried Greek yogurt?

Least favorite- I would have to say perfectionism. I tend to even go as far as, if I'm afraid something want be right not even start it and I also will go back and do jobs/chores over because I don't see them done correctly. My dh complains about it quite a bit. I've been working on it from time to time.

Favorite - I'm good at using coupons partly due to perfectionism also. I've had savings of $402 and out of pocket expense of $103 on groceries. Then at Kohl's a savings of $457.20 with an out of pocket expense of $21.00 even. Dd said that the (') turned upside down into a teardrop from losing any hopes of profit with me. I purchased 2 wallets, 2 pair of shorts, 12 plates, 14 saucers, pack of 4 wine glasses, 10 coffee cups, 2 packs of washcloths 12ct and four bowls. (I think I'm forgetting something thought) The dishes, bowls, and cups were foodnet work.

I've got to run yet again. Dmil's car broke earlier this week. So I've been helping them out by playing taxi. We've also had dr apts, 1/2 day of mother/daughter time, school, my aunt totaling her car, trying to encourage a family member that's down, helping out a neighbor, housework and a few other things that's popped up.

I hope everyone has a great day and makes healthy choices today! I'll try to check back in later on tonight to hopefully do personals.

Mercy03
09-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi just a quick post again. I am reading everything I'm just typing on the phone again. The power went out here so no computer tonight.

I will answer the questions tomorrow. Bot first I need to find singing I like about myself

Mercy - When did I make the kitty sh$t list....lol I just saw that today. I love it:)
As far as taking your weight away it just guarantees my chances......I'm smarter than I look you know....lol

Have a great night everyone

We should have a siggy soon

Right after you STOLE my weight away dammit:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: AS for the smarter?:rollpin::rollpin::rollpin:

I GET EVEN! Losing weight this week,you? It would be nice if we both made our goals this time:hug:

dream710
09-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Least favorite-I'm impatient at times and tend to have a short fuse.

Favorite-I'm compasionate, and willing to do whatever I can to help out friends and family.

Congrats- Babygrant and the rest of the blue team! Lets win again this week!!

Jackie-Glad things went ok yesterday. Thats great that Sky only had to get a half cast on the one arm, it'll make things a little easier for you.

Mamap-Great job on the exercise! I hear Zumba is fun.

Cat-What about eggs ,lowfat greek yogurt, low fat cheese or milk

hsmom-Your use of coupons is impressive. I wish I was good at utilizing that type of stuff...I'm sure it would make my dh happy. Sounds like your a very busy lady!

Its been a good week so far! I've on plan in both diet and exercise and unofficially I'm down 2.5lbs for the week. Tomorrow is official w/i so I'm hoping that number sticks.

Rochester
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I was chatting with an acquaintance who is also working on weight loss and she started the "How much do you think I weigh?" game. She guessed my weight at 160 and said she thought I started out at about 200. Granted, she was probably being a bit generous, but, wow, she was way off on both counts. That made my day. :D

I am having an INTENSE craving for peanut butter, so I know that I'm low on protein.

How do you know your craving for peanut butter is a lack of protein? Peanut butter generally has a balanced amount of protein and carbs, and usually has a substantial amount of fat. Also, many peanut butters have added sweeteners like molasses. It seems like it could be any number of things.

QuilterInVA
09-30-2010, 07:38 PM
local, a teaspoon of peanut butter has almost no protein.

I can't believe it's Thursday already. I've had to work extra hours this week and we've been having the rains from Nicole for the last 2 days and flooding is all over the area. I have a huge tree branch down in my back yard and what upset me most was it broke down my dh rose tree. I'm a widow now and I loved that reminder of him.

I don't deal with stress as well as I should so this has not been the greatest week of being OP. I haven't gained and I haven't lost so I'll have to be happy with that because I don't think it'll change a lot in one day until WI.

My worst thing - I'm a big procrastinator. I use the excuse I work better under pressure.

The best thing - I can do everything that needs to be done around the house, financially, etc. - which is good because I'm a widow without family. I get books from the library when something needs fixed and figure it out.

ghost girl
10-01-2010, 04:02 AM
[COLOR="Blue"]Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Bigmid
10-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Morning we have a new banner I just need to figure out how to put it on so you can all get it to.

I will be back later to do personals. Had a very trying and long day at work yesterday so sorry for my lack of being on here

It housework day today:(. I hate housework so not sure ifthat will be my exercise too or if I'll have the energy to run later as well.

canadian mom
10-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I have been sucking at keeping up with posting. I am in the middle of closing my home daycare and going to a new job also preparing for a 5 day trip so have to make sure the kids have everyything they need. I am an obsesive planner and have to go over things quite a few times,lol.

canadian mom
10-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Q1: I expect too much from myself, stuborn, control freak.

Q2: eager to learn new things, keep tying until I get ( I guess stuborn is both negative and positive, lol)

Babygrant~ Congrats on being the biggest loser!!!:carrot:

JackieHollow
10-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Hey all! Just checking in really quick. I'll come back and do personals later.

Off to get an elliptical! YAY. LOL I wasn't going to get one because I have 2 kids that need full size beds, so we were gonna use our money on those. However, I have 1 bed that we went and got this morning, used, but SUPER clean, and for a GREAT deal. Plus one other possible used bed. So great to see things falling together.

It's October, and I've got great expectations for this month!! Lots of exercise planned... hoping to eat well. I will plan each week well, and stick to what I plan. My goals this month are 3 days of strength training (pushup challenge, sit up challenge, squat challenge, holy cow planks, bicep and tricep work with weights, and I'm not sure what else... any suggestions??), and 3 days of cardio. That leaves one day to rest.

I have a plan, I'm optimistic, it's going to be a GREAT month.

Mercy03
10-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey all! Just checking in really quick. I'll come back and do personals later.

Off to get an elliptical! YAY. LOL I wasn't going to get one because I have 2 kids that need full size beds, so we were gonna use our money on those. However, I have 1 bed that we went and got this morning, used, but SUPER clean, and for a GREAT deal. Plus one other possible used bed. So great to see things falling together.

It's October, and I've got great expectations for this month!! Lots of exercise planned... hoping to eat well. I will plan each week well, and stick to what I plan. My goals this month are 3 days of strength training (pushup challenge, sit up challenge, squat challenge, holy cow planks, bicep and tricep work with weights, and I'm not sure what else... any suggestions??), and 3 days of cardio. That leaves one day to rest.

I have a plan, I'm optimistic, it's going to be a GREAT month.

Sounds like a great plan:)

babygrant
10-01-2010, 11:09 PM

My least favorite thing about myself is that I tend to be really shy and have a hard time socializing.

My most favorite thing about myself is how kind I am. Those same traits show in my kids and they are so amazing.

I'm having an OK week. Kind of blah today. My sons 7th birthday is today and we are having his party tommorow. Of course I am making pizza and already made a big cake and I can't eat any of it. I've tried egg whites, they trigger a gallbladder attack. I've tried beans, they trigger a GB attack, I've tried chicken, turkey, etc and they all trigger an attack. I am feeling really dizzy because I'm not able to find a protein source that I can eat.

inklestinkle
10-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Hey everybody! Sorry for not checking in sooner, but my keyboard just got fixed.

I don't have time to read up yet, but I just wanted to give an update while I have a bit of time. We're having a bad week and it's taking it's toll. My daughter broker her foot, and we both have ear infections. I feel like I live at the doctor. So my routine has been off. I only got to workout one day and my diet is suffering too. At this point I'm hoping to have a loss, but if I just maintain, I'll be satisfied. Maybe next week will be better.

Bigmid
10-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi just checking in I got the house work done and then went shopping for new close. I go away next week for work and had nothing left that fit me. It was an eventful day. I didn't get home until 11:20 pm. I will catch up tomorrow.

lolcat
10-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Added tomorrow's weight to the weigh in log and added a weight for next weigh in also. Will try to get to a computer late next week to post to the chat thread so I don't get dq'd for that since I already got a strike for last week's confusion. Granddad passed, so honestly finding a computer won't be at the top of my priority list.

Keep up the good work, everyone

dayoneagain
10-02-2010, 07:20 AM
This week has been not bad, but still not POP. Hoping for a loss of some kind tomorrow.

hsmomx2
10-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey Blue team!

Bigmid - Yay new clothes! Housework yuck! My poor house didn't get that much attention this week.

canadian mom - I hope your closing goes well. Way to go on the new job.

JackieHollow- It's great when things fall into place. What kind of elliptical did you get? Great job planning. I've got my strength training on the wii. The only ones I remember the names of is plank, lunges and the chair posse. I also attempt pushup with side plank. It still needs work but I'll get it sooner
later.

Babygrant- I hope you get to feeling better soon. How did your son special day go?

inklestinkle- It sounds like you've had a rough week. Hang in there!

lolcat- I'm sorry that your granddad passed.

dayoneagain- This week may not of went as well as you wanted, but it sounds like you still had healthy choice you did make. Don't forget to celebrate your victories big and small alike.

QuilterInVa- Darn tree branch! ((Susan)) I hope your week ended up going better. I tend to learn about myself more during the day(s) or even a week that I'm not at my best. I just noticed your siggy. You're doing great! Keep up the great work.

dream710- Congrats to your good week and weightloss!

ghost girl - It looks like your making great progress on the Atkins Christmas Challenge.

Mercy03- Dh and I both get a smile out of the mad face kitty.

If I left anyone out please know I didn't try too. I didn't get around to doing personals this week that much. I did try to at least leave a quick post here and there. Congrats to all the losers this week. Also congrats to all the victories along the way big and small. Let's win this week too.

Mil's car is now fixed. I'm looking forward to a slower paced week this week, but it will still be pretty busy. I made better decisions than I have in the past, so I'm happy about that. I turned down chocolate and candy most of the time when offered to me. The ent dr apt went good. I got in more than 64 ozs of h2o everyday.

JackieHollow
10-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Good morning all!!! Hope everyone is able to stay POP this weekend. :) We got an elliptical yesterday, spent the evening putting it together, and plan on utilizing it in just a bit. :D

lolcat.. I'm so sorry to hear about your granddad. <hugs> You and your family are in my prayers.

Mercy.. I hope it's a good plan.. and a good month. I want to make it that way. The planning is easy... executing the plan.. not so much. LOL

Jacky.. you were shoppin til 11:20 at night?? YIKES. I hate shopping. Hope you got some awesome clothes tho. :) Can't wait to see our banner!

babygrant... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son!! hope it's a great day for both of y'all. I wish I could help you with the protein problem. I honestly have no ideas tho. :(

Elise.. oh my!! I hope you and your daughter both feel better soon. We spent all last week with my daughter at the drs too. But at least we were healthy other than the broken bones. <hugs> to you both!

Mary.. nice to meet you! :)

hsmom.. WOW I need to learn to use coupons like that. I tend to be fairly frugal, but with just my dh bringing in an income, I can always be MORE so. :D

Susan.. I'm so sorry to hear about your dh rose bush. Is there anyway at all to be able to salvage it?

hsmomx2
10-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Quick reminder- Please remember to weigh in on time this week. I'm one of the ones that ended up with a freebie last week because I posted after the deadline. I did remember this week but I wanted to help prevent unwanted freebies. (Since we're only allowed 2)

Sameen
10-02-2010, 01:44 PM
hello ladies! how was your week? i have been stuck on the same weight for over three weeks now. i don't know what to do anymore. i am sticking to the plan but exercising gets a little tough with teaching and my business. i don't where the time goes... i wish i had a 26 hr day.. hehehe!! anyways to being stuck on the same weight. when will i be out of my miseryyyy??

gypsychic
10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
shake up ure routine and diet sameen..btw r u desi? lol was wondering

JackieHollow
10-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Well, I'm back for a little break. I've managed 55 min workout (20 ellipitcal, 35 wii).

Let me just say.. the elliptical KICKS MY BUTT allllll over the place. I bought a new mp3 player nad it's loaded with good christian music (casting crowns, jeremy camp, mercy me, selah... etc etc). My plan was to hop on that big biad elliptical, pop my mp3 player on and get my praise on.

That was my plan. However, between the wheezing I was doing, my muscles screaming, and the elliptical laughing at me, I don't think I was able to HEAR the music. I've managed to get on it 2ce, 10 min each time, and I come off sweating and panting and feeling like I'm about to die. But I'll get up there a 3rd time and get a full 30 min in on it.

And tomorrow I'll do 11 min each time. LOL

One more thing.. then I'm signing off for a bit..

My water company LOVES me.. I just know they do. No sooner do I fill my liter bottle up with water than I'm flushing it down. I'm scared of my water bill next month. LOL

fitin2008
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone,
Just checking in really quick. It's been a rough week and I may need to take a freebie tomorrow or else post a gain. I haven't been on the scale for a few days but I'm expecting the worst. Looking forward to starting a new week and making better choices.

JackieHollow- I got on an ellipitcal for the 1st time about a month ago. The next day I could barely walk. It works totally different muscles than my treadmill. Anyway, the next time I got on it was much improved and now I really look forward to using it when I have a chance. I like it much better than a bike, so I think you made a good choice. Take it slow and you should be up to 30 min in no time.

Congratulations to all of the big losers last week and good luck to everyone tomorrow.

dream710
10-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Jackie-Congrats on the elliptical! Your plan sounds great!

Cat-So sorry for you loss :hug:

hsmom-Way to go on passing on the sweets.

Bigmid-Gotta love getting a new wardrobe!

Inkle-Sorry to hear about DD's foot and your ear infections

Babygrant-Hope your son had a great day.

Canadianmom- Good luck on the new job.

I ended up with a two lb loss for the week :carrot:. Took a day of rest from exercise and took the kiddies to the big parade. We had to be up at 6, left at 7 and got our spot. We had about an hour wait, the kids were cold and were getting tired of waiting. Once things got started they really enjoyed it. They got tons of candy, saw some really good bands, and some neat floats. Tomorrow we have church and then the ppl I work with organized a dinner for our old boss, to show our appreciation for all he did for us over the years. I probably won't be back on the computer til the beginning of the week. I hope everyones weigh ins go good.

ghost girl
10-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I only lost one pound this week, hopefully next week will be better.

LOL cat so sorry about your loss, many prayers to you.

me4life
10-03-2010, 10:10 AM
morning all i finally have a day off guess i'll just try to catch up on everything going on here

canadian mom
10-03-2010, 12:13 PM
lolcat~~ sorry for your lost.

JackieHollow
10-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Happy Sunday Everyone!! Hope everyone has a great wi today. I am super stoked about mine. But it was expected... my body does such an odd thing. The first week (I consider this the last week of the month), I lose maybe 1-2 lbs, then the 2nd and 3rd I gain (some.. I try to keep it at a minimum) and hold water weight while TOM is here. But the last is always a huge drop. It was sooo discouraging at weigh ins until I saw the pattern. But this 6.6 lbs is a double for me... a great wi AND it put me at 35 lbs lost!!!!

fit.. Sorry to hear you had a bad week. Hope it was only nutrition wise. That's somethign easily fixed. Keep your chin up and make this week better. :)

Dream.. GREAT wi!! Congrats! :) Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. :) I'm jealous of anyone with a good parade. The ones in my town are AWFUL!

ghost girl.. There's not an "ONLY" 1 lb. A loss is great, no matter the size!!

me4life.. enjoy your day off! :)

Bigmid
10-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Morning everyone
I hope your having a great day so far and please remember to WI as soon as you can.

Sorry there have been no personals this week and I am going away to meetings all next week so no computer just the iphone so no personals then either. I will be reading and posting though so keep on chatting.

lolcat - so sorry for you loss

everyone else sounds like some very good losses will be posted this week so here's to the blue team taking the win again:)

I am off to value village today we have to dress up for one of our dinners and it's 80's theme so off to find some cheap clothes. Hard to pack all this extra stuff though and still only have it all in 1 suitcase.
Also worried as it's 5 days of buffet for Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner......oh my

Well I did not to bad this week posting a loss of 4.4 (but I gained from last weeks so it's actually a 9lb loss) detoxing rules:)

I'll be back later to do the totals and post the new threads Have a great day everyone.

PS - I have been trying to upload our sig but I guess I need to resize it first.

Muffentop
10-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Way to go, Blue Team!

Congratulations to the biggest loser - babygrant
and the runners up - Khrungy, Jennie527, and Soon2BFitChick

Hope you all are having a great weekend! I'm gonna get out there and enjoy the wonderful weather (while it lasts)!!

Bigmid
10-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Okay everyone the new siggy is on my profile you now just need to do a copy I know there is a formula but not sure what it is if someone tries it and it works please let the others know how to get it.

Thanks to NancyO for making this up for us:)

All Psyched Up
10-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Sorry guys - I had good intentions to post daily and try to keep up with what's going on, but things crumbled early this week.

As for the questions of the week

1. Laziness/lack of willpower. I am easily persuaded by my sig other to eat junk, lay on the couch and watch movies instead of working out or getting stuff done around the house. I also have been wanting to sleep excessively lately, odd.

2. Empathy, I really enjoy connecting with the people I work with. I like to see the good in everyone and every situation.

This week I was definitely not on plan, but had a minor loss so I'm still really happy. I had a great yoga workout yesterday and think I'll try and go for a walk today since the weather has been unseasonally warm lately. Then it's off to pickle our beets. We are having a pickling spree this year - it's the first time we've had a big garden.

Lolcat - sorry to hear that your Grandad has passed away. I hope your family is doing okay.

MamaP - Zumba express? I've only done zumba classes, is that a DVD? I have a secret addiction to workout videos, where would I find that one?

Jacky - good for you for getting new clothes - you deserve it. What is the secret to your awesome weight loss? Good luck at the conference - enjoy yourself.

I'll try to be back again tomorrow,
Stacy

babygrant
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
My son had a great birthday! He got a ton of lego stuff so he's in lego heaven, lol. I ended the night with a gallbladder attack, so that sucked, but other than that it was a great day!

I am showing a 1 lb loss from last week. I'm going to make an appointment with a nutritionist to see if she has any suggestions on protein sources that I can eat. So far it's a no-go with chicken, beef, pork, eggs, and all dairy. I can't do nuts because they are too high in fat for the gallbladder. I've bought some tofu but I'm waiting until the residual pain is gone from last nights gallbladder attack before I try it. I'm hoping I can find a protein source so my energy levels get up there farther.

MamaP
10-03-2010, 07:42 PM
MamaP - Zumba express? I've only done zumba classes, is that a DVD? I have a secret addiction to workout videos, where would I find that one?

It's a DVD. You have to order them off the internet or television. I got mine from Zumba.com. I think you can get them off of Amazon. I got the DVD set and one of the DVDs in the set is a 20-minute express workout. According to my GWF I burn about 200 calories in the 20 minutes. I haven't tried the other DVDs yet. I sent one to my daughter in North Carolina to use for a while so she doesn't have to buy any right now.

NancyO
10-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey Blue Team,

A tiny loss for me this week. Not quite what I had hoped for, but a loss is a loss. :) And next week will be bad, cause I'm at the same conference as Jacky. But after Thanksgiving, I'm going really push it so hopefully I can get into the 170s before Christmas.

Have a great week everyone!

Bigmid
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone heading over to do our totals so hope we kick some ... team butt...lol

For anyone that wants the banner you can add it to your signature by right clicking on it, save as onto your computer. Then go to user cp at the top left of your page. Click on edit signature. Add signature picture.

Good luck Blue Team

JackieHollow
10-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Well, darn. I thought I had the picture thing figured out but it didn't work right. :( Off to try again!

JackieHollow
10-04-2010, 12:12 AM
YAY! I got it. :) Thanks y'all!