Old 09-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #1  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Talking Attitude adjustment :)

So I've definitely been slacking lately. I haven't lost anything since August... but even so, I've maintained my current weight.

And I've realized something. I actually rather like how I look right now. I'm not perfect. Lord knows, my hips and stomach definitely need more work. But I'm content. I've gotten myself out of the "obese" range. I don't look at myself in the mirror and see "fat" anymore. I'm tall, and I carry my weight well even at 198.

My point? I'm a work in progress... but I'm in no hurry. I do plan to continue on my journey to my goal, but I won't mind if it takes me a while at this point. I'm healthier and happier than I've been with myself in a long time.

And I think having this change in attitude will help me succeed in the long run. If I'm not obsessing over the scale and driving myself crazy trying to get to "x" lbs by "x" date, I may feel better both mentally and physically.

Lord knows, I've been stressing myself out all summer to drop the weight. And I think it's time I take a step back and enjoy what I've accomplished.

And the scale has nowhere to go but down from here...
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #2  

Yay for maintaining!! ) I did that too for a few months and now am having my own attitude adjustment and getting serious with reaching my goal but also similar to your mindset, I don't have a set date to get there. I just want to be healthy and get there eventually.
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #3  

Hey singforthedayx!
Great job maintaining! I have been fluctuating myself lately due to extreme laziness and lack of motivation, so I know how you feel when you say that it stresses you out. I think that acknowledging your progress, knowing you are still a work in progress, and working toward your goal is always a good thing. Your energy is very encouraging. I wish us both the best in getting back on track and reaching our goals!
goalgetta is offline   Reply With Quote